PDA

View Full Version : Battleground 6: Blizard - 2015 Jan 6

zenobia42
01-06-15, 12:36 PM
[Note: the game spells it with only one "z" - not a spelling error on my part!]
Blizard - super rare water-earth
13:00 incubation, 18:00 evolution
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/Blizard_egg_zpsc93b7ef6.jpghttp://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150106194656/fantasy-story/images/thumb/4/45/Blizard_Baby.png/200px-Blizard_Baby.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150106194659/fantasy-story/images/thumb/f/f8/Blizard_Juvenile.png/200px-Blizard_Juvenile.pnghttp://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150106194656/fantasy-story/images/thumb/3/3c/Blizard_Adult.png/200px-Blizard_Adult.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150106194659/fantasy-story/images/thumb/a/aa/Blizard_Epic.png/200px-Blizard_Epic.png

RoundOpponentStrong ElementsBest Bets (in order from best to great to good)

1Frostfangelectric, XmasElectric with anything but fire. Poodle.

2Rock Rhinonature, gemEmerald. Unicorn. Nature no fire or electric.

3Plantlersgem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with water, dark or fire.

4Pandaffodilfire, gemRuby. Unicorn. Fire with anything but earth.

5SkygerfireFire with anything but gem.

6Armordilloearth, water, gemWater-earth. Unicorn. {Earth or water} with nature.

7Racmoon nature, treasure Treasure. Nature with anything but electric.

8Lightning Leopard earth Earth with anything but water.

9Pyro Pony earth, water Water-earth. {water or earth} with {fire or electric}

10Rainguin BOSSnature, gem, Xmas Emerald. Poodle. Gem. Nature with anything but fire.

11Planther fire x2 Fire with anything but earth.

12Fire Glider earth x2 Earth with no nature or dark.

13Fairy Ferret fire, water, gem Ruby. Steam Trunk. Unicorn. {fire or water} with {electric or earth}

14Frostfangelectric, XmasElectric with anything but fire. Poodle.

15Porkupine fire, gem Ruby. Unicorn. Fire with anything but water.

16Shock Fox nature, earth, gem Emerald. Earth-nature. Unicorn. Dark-nature or dark-earth.

17Rock Rhinonature, gemEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with no fire or electric.

18Turtisle electric, gem, Xmas Citrine. Unicorn. Any Xmas animal, or electric with anything but earth.

19Conducktor earth, electric, Xmas Electric-earth. Citrine. {electric or earth} with {nature or dark}, or poodle.

20Elephantum BOSS fire, earth, treasure Earth-fire. Treasure. {Fire or earth} with {nature, dark or electric}.

21Pandaffodilfire, gemRuby. Unicorn. Fire with anything but earth.

22Chameneon electric, treasure, Xmas Treasure. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but gem.

23Chromadile electric, treasure, Xmas Treasure. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but gem.

24Arboar electric, gem, Xmas Citrine. Unicorn. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but earth.

25Frankenswine fire x2 Ruby. Fire with anything but earth.

26Pyro Pony earth, water Water-earth. {water or earth} with {fire or electric}.

27 Daredevil earth x2 Earth with no nature or dark.

28 Koala Cadabra fire, earth, treasure Earth-fire. Treasure. {Fire or earth} with {nature, dark or electric}

29 Dream Bat nature, treasure Treasure. Nature with anything but electric.

30 Aquatter BOSS electric, gem, Xmas Citrine. Unicorn. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but earth.

31 SkygerfireFire with anything but gem.

32 Thunderhawk fire, gem Ruby. Unicorn. Fire with anything but water.

33 Solar Simian fire, water, gem. Ruby. Steam Trunk. Unicorn. Fire with {electric or earth}.

34 Bamboon gem x2, nature Emerald. Unicorn or Ruby. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

35 Spruce Moose fire x2 Ruby. Fire with anything but earth.

36 Chameneon electric, treasure, Xmas Treasure. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but gem.

37 Bansheep fire, earth, treasure Earth-fire. Treasure. {Fire or earth} with {nature, dark or electric}

38 Falconch earth, electric, Xmas Electric-earth. Citrine. {electric or earth} with {nature or dark}. Poodle.

39 Armordilloearth, water, gemWater-earth. Unicorn. {Earth or water} with nature.

40 Iciclaw BOSS nature, gem, Xmas Emerald. Poodle. Gem. Nature with anything but fire.

41 Hedgehog gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

42 Terrorier fire, earth, water, treasure Earth-fire, water-fire or water-earth. Treasure.

43 Jackalope fire, water, gem. Ruby. Steam Trunk. Unicorn. Fire with {electric or earth}.

44 Volcamel earth, water, gemWater-earth. Unicorn. Nature with {earth or water}.

45 Glacial Griffin nature, gem, Xmas Emerald. Poodle. Gem. Nature with anything but fire.

46 Lightning Leopard earth Earth with anything but water.

47 Werewolf gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

48 Thunder Mammoth nature, earth, gem Emerald. Earth-nature. Unicorn. Dark with {nature or earth}.

49 Scarecrow nature, treasure Treasure. Nature with anything but electric.

50 Zapra BOSS fire, earth, treasure Earth-fire. Treasure. {Fire or earth} with {nature, dark or electric}

51 Racmoon nature, treasure Treasure. Nature with anything but electric.

52 Rockodile nature, gem, Xmas Emerald. Poodle. Gem. Nature with anything but fire.

53 Steam Trunk earth, electric, (Xmas) Electric-earth. Citrine. {Earth or electric} with water.

54 Gold Lion earth x2 Earth with no nature or dark.

55 Terradactyl nature, earth, gem Emerald. Earth-nature. Unicorn. Dark with {nature or earth}.

56 Pandaffodilfire, gemRuby. Unicorn. Fire with anything but earth.

57 Fallaby fire, water, gem. Ruby. Steam Trunk. Unicorn. Fire with {electric or earth}.

58 Twilight Troll fire x2 Ruby. Fire with anything but earth.

59 Thorilla nature, earth, gem Emerald. Earth-nature. Unicorn. Dark with {nature or earth}.

60 Treebra BOSSgem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

61 Sea Lion electric, treasure, Xmas Treasure. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but gem.

62 Peamoth fire x2 Fire with anything but earth.

63 Vinotaur fire, water, gem. Ruby. Steam Trunk. Unicorn. Fire with {electric or earth}.

64 Grassquatch gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

65 Cosmic Phoenix fire, earth, water, treasure Earth-fire, water-fire or water-earth. Treasure.

66 Conducktor earth, electric, Xmas Electric-earth. Citrine. {electric or earth} with {nature or dark}. Poodle.

67 Harvest Hedgehog gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

68 Vampire Cat earth, water, gemWater-earth. Unicorn. Nature with {earth or water}.

69 Ancient Sloth gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

70 Treasure Toucan BOSS nature, Xmas Poodle. Xmas-fire, or nature with anything but gem or dark.

71 Turtisle electric, gem, Xmas Citrine. Unicorn. Any Xmas, or electric with anything but earth.

72 Pumpkin Panda gem x2, natureEmerald. Unicorn. Nature with {water, dark or fire}.

73 Yak-o-Lantern earth, water, gemWater-earth. Unicorn. Nature with {earth or water}.

74 Aurora Pegasus fire x2 Fire with anything but earth.

75 Ruby Razorback water, treasure Xmas Treasure. Xmas-fire, or water with anything but nature.

76 Gargolem nature, treasure Treasure. Nature with anything but electric.

77 Onyx Ox fire, earth, water, treasure Earth-fire, water-fire or water-earth. Treasure.

78 Thanksgibbon fire, earth, water, treasure Earth-fire, water-fire or water-earth. Treasure.

79 Citrine Peregrin dark, treasure Treasure. Dark with {fire, electric or earth}.

80 Blizard BOSS nature, gem, Xmas Emerald. Poodle. Gem. Nature with anything but fire.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/FFSelements-01-08-15-square_zpsa39a0906.jpg
How to read the graphic:
You want to choose the best animal (in terms of both rarity and level) that is overall strong to the animal you are battling.
If an element is depicted right above another it is strong to it. Right beneath = weak to it. If neither right above nor right below, it is neutral.
For example, fire is strong to dark and nature, weak to earth and water, and neutral to electric, treasure and gem.
If you add together your strengths and weaknesses to get a net positive, it is a good choice of elements.
Because TL keeps adding new elements, the graphic keep becoming more convoluted. I apologize if it is hard to read now. It used to be so simple! Anyway, because of the extreme number of elements and relationships (most are > 2 others and > 2 others now), once you have found the element you are looking for in the graphic, look again - most elements have to appear in the graphic twice now.

zenobia42
01-06-15, 12:36 PM
I will be using my santa claws as my first try in all the early rounds so as to determine it's spot in the battle graphic so I can update that. Since it will be weak or neutral in most cases, I will probably progress more slowly than usual. I will keep the OP updated with info those who go faster post.

Xmas element in battle:

STRONG against water.
STRONG against treasure.

neutral against fire.
neutral against nature.
neutral against earth.
neutral against dark.
neutral against electric.

gem - ???

I suspect it is weak to gem because that's the only element left to test and it's not weak to anything else. But we'll have to test it to find out.

Vodelle
01-06-15, 12:38 PM
Oh man, I thought when I saw that that you had just misspelled blizzard but I realized that's the name of the animal. Phew, haha. I was about to storm in here and be like EXCUSE ME...

Excited for a new battlegrounds, though!

zenobia42
01-06-15, 12:42 PM
My winners :
NOTE: I am testing the Xmas element until I determine it's strengths and weaknesses vs. all the other elements. So other than frostfang, I don't recommend Santa Claws for anyone using people's list to pick a combatant.
Santa Claws > Frostfang (strong)
Unicorn > Rock Rhino.
Santa Claws > Plantlers (neutral)
Unicorn > Pandaffodil.
Santa Claws > Skyger (neutral)
Santa Claws > Armordillo (neutral)
Santa Claws > Racmoon (neutral)
Ancient Sloth > Lightning Leopard
Cold Turkey > Pyro Pony
Alternating Unicorn & Ancient Sloth > Rainguin Boss
Ruby Razorback > Planther
Cold Turkey > Fire Glider
Skeletal Dragon > Fairy Ferret
Terradactyl > Frostfang
Vinotaur > Porkupine
Ancient Sloth > Shock Fox
Unicorn > Rock Rhino
Unicorn > Turtisle
Terradactyl > Conducktor
Alternating Skeletal Dragon & Toucan > Elephantum Boss
Ruby Razorback > Pandaffodil
Terradactyl > Chameneon
Toucan > Chromadile
Unicorn > Arboar
Vinotaur > Frankenswine
Cold Turkey > Pyro Pony
Terradactyl > Daredevil
Skeletal Dragon > Koala Cadabra
Ancient Sloth > Dream Bat
Alternating Unicorn & Santa Claws > Aquatter Boss
Nightmare > Skyger
Nightmare > Thunderhawk
Skeletal Dragon > Solar Simian
Vinotaur > Bamboon
Vinotaur > Spruce Moose
Santa Claws > Chameneon
Skeletal Dragon > Bansheep
Ancient Sloth > Falconch
Cold Turkey > Armordillo
Alternating Toy Poodle & Unicorn > Iciclaw Boss
Vinotaur > Hedgehog
Skeletal Dragon > Terrorier
Steam Trunk > Jackalope
Cold Turkey > Volcamel
Ancient Sloth > Glacial Griffin
Ancient Sloth > Lightning Leopard

My Xmas element experimentation:
Xmas attack was STRONG vs. pure water.
neutral vs. pure earth.
neutral vs. earth-nature. Since it is neutral vs. earth, it must also be neutral vs. nature for the result to be neutral.
neutral vs. pure dark.
neutral vs. earth-fire (thanks, ninasidstorm8). Since it is neutral vs. earth, it must also be neutral vs. fire for the result to be neutral.
neutral vs. dark-earth (as would be expected).
neutral vs. pure electric.

zenobia42
01-06-15, 12:47 PM
Oh man, I thought when I saw that that you had just misspelled blizzard but I realized that's the name of the animal. Phew, haha. I was about to storm in here and be like EXCUSE ME...

Excited for a new battlegrounds, though!

:p :p :p

It seems like we've been waiting for a new battlegrounds forever! It's been arena after arena after arena for like months.

readysetgo888
01-06-15, 01:05 PM
Thank goodness... for half a second I was like NOT ANOTHER TOURNAMENT YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME but then I remembered that battlegrounds is different lol. Yay! Glad to see this for sure. Do we know what elements the animal has yet?

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 01:05 PM
I will be using my santa claws almost exclusively early on in this battlegrounds so as to determine it's spot in the battle graphic. Since it will be weak or neutral in most cases, I will probably progress more slowly than usual. I will keep the OP updated with info those who go faster post.

Xmas element in battle:
STRONG against water.
neutral against earth.

I had planned on doing the same thing for the first battle un each round. I think I'll stick to that plan early in case you get a string of critical hits. I don't have a Toucan, so I will not be able to help with that,

my607
01-06-15, 01:07 PM
Battle 3 plantlers beat it with a Sloth

zenobia42
01-06-15, 01:08 PM
Thank goodness... for half a second I was like NOT ANOTHER TOURNAMENT YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME but then I remembered that battlegrounds is different lol. Yay! Glad to see this for sure. Do we know what elements the animal has yet?

I don't know but I'll add info to the OP when it shows up on the wiki. :)

I would guess based on its coloring and name that it's dark-water. But it *could* be a new element - cold or ice or something.

Vodelle
01-06-15, 01:12 PM
I don't know but I'll add info to the OP when it shows up on the wiki. :)

I would guess based on its coloring and name that it's dark-water.

Apparently it's water+earth... which makes sense to me. :)

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 01:22 PM
After an initial failure with Santa Claws on round 2, I tried an Aurora Pegasus. My first Nature attack appeared to me to be Neutral when I would have expected it to be strong against earth. Second attack was a Critical hit. Did anyone else notice a Neutral attack by Nature versus Earth or were my eyes deceiving me?

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 01:29 PM
This blizzard animal is just like sea horse... Grr
Anyone knows what his elements are? Is it a rare or a super?

Edit: or maybe it looks more like sea drake?

hugpete
01-06-15, 01:36 PM
It's only 1 z because lizard. It's a cold lizard... Or something. :)

Serendipity1110
01-06-15, 01:37 PM
Just beat round 4 Pandaffodil (level 15) with Yule Mule / fire (critical + strong)

my607
01-06-15, 01:45 PM
Battle 7 armadillo beat it with ox dark att

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:00 PM
Argh!

Battle 6 armordillo I tried the Xmas element on him and got a critical hit / **** first hit. Never thought I'd be bummed to get a **** first hit but I'm trying to determine if it would have been a strong, neutral, or weak attack lol.

nyxdimarco
01-06-15, 02:00 PM
Level 10 is a massive rainguin

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 02:07 PM
Argh!

Battle 6 armordillo I tried the Xmas element on him and got a critical hit / **** first hit. Never thought I'd be bummed to get a **** first hit but I'm trying to determine if it would have been a strong, neutral, or weak attack lol.

I had one Neutral hit with Xmas from Santa Claws on the round 6 Armordillo before getting a Critical Hit on the second strike. I hope this helps you.

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:08 PM
I had one Neutral hit with Xmas from Santa Claws on the round 6 Armordillo before getting a Critical Hit on the second strike. I hope this helps you.

Id does! Thank you!

icydove
01-06-15, 02:15 PM
Level 8 is a lightning leopard.

icydove
01-06-15, 02:18 PM
Level 9 is a pyro pony.

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:31 PM
Level 8 is a lightning leopard.

Level 9 is a pyro pony.

added both to the OP, thanks!

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:32 PM
Here is what we have determined thus far regarding the Xmas element:

Xmas element in battle:

STRONG against water.

neutral against fire.
neutral against nature.
neutral against earth.
neutral against dark.
neutral against electric.

gem - ???
treasure - ???

Did anyone use Xmas vs. gem or treasure in the arena, and note it's strength, so we can finish this up? I hate having an outdated battle graphic!

cocauina
01-06-15, 02:48 PM
Here is what we have determined thus far regarding the Xmas element:

Did anyone use Xmas vs. gem or treasure in the arena, and note it's strength, so we can finish this up? I hate having an outdated battle graphic!

I've used Christmas against Treasure Toucan and it's strong.

I've already said this on the Noelephant Tournament - here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76561-Tournament-Noel-Elephant-12-23-14&p=1028823&viewfull=1#post1028823)

Melis2a84
01-06-15, 02:49 PM
Xmas element was strong against treasure :)

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:50 PM
I've used Christmas against Treasure Toucan and it's strong.

Xmas element was strong against treasure :)

Thanks!

So it's strong to water and treasure, and neutral to everything else... except gem. Gem is the only element we don't know. So I suspect it is weak to gem since it is not weak to anything else. But we need to check!

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 02:55 PM
Thanks!

So it's strong to water and treasure, and neutral to everything else... except gem. Gem is the only element we don't know. So I suspect it is weak to gem since it is not weak to anything else. But we need to check!

Christmas element is made of nature and fire so it makes sense that it is strong against treasure

zenobia42
01-06-15, 02:57 PM
Christmas element is made of nature and fire so it makes sense that it is strong against treasure

and so it would also make sense if it is (as we suspect) weak to gem.

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 03:00 PM
and so it would also make sense if it is (as we suspect) weak to gem.

Yes but fire is not weak to gem

zenobia42
01-06-15, 03:01 PM
Yes but fire is not weak to gem

Yes, fire is neutral to gem. But weak + neutral = weak

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 03:03 PM
Yes, fire is neutral to gem. But weak + neutral = weak

Fire is not neutral to gem. I took the unicorn down with a level 15 pony in one tournament while everything else had failed

cocauina
01-06-15, 03:04 PM
(...)
NOTE: once I've added the Xmas element to the graphic, I'll also update it so that "toucan" is more properly labeled "treasure."
(...)

IMO, Gem is the Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever type, because they give gems, Crystal Unicorn is Legendary type.

Another thing,
Can someone tell me if the Blizard battleground has a goal like, defeating and hatching him like Twilight Troll, Terrorier and Thorilla had?

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 03:13 PM
IMO, Gem is the Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever type, because they give gems, Crystal Unicorn is Legendary type.

I understand your point but if you look at the names of the gem creatures, they are gems. Crystal (a bit of a stretch), Emerald, Ruby, Citrine.

zenobia42
01-06-15, 03:14 PM

Another thing,
Can someone tell me if the Blizard battleground has a goal like, defeating and hatching him like Twilight Troll, Terrorier and Thorilla had?

I go by gem for unicorn, emerald, ruby and citrine because they live in "gem" grove habitats, and treasure for the toucan & retriever for the same reason - they live in "treasure" troves. It seems the most logical to me that the collective name for that type, that the game uses as the name of the habitat they live in, be the name of their element.

There is a quest for the Blizard - 10 gems & 30 XP. No timer on it.

ETA: I'd happily start a thread with a poll as to whether we as a whole wish to call them "gem" and "treasure" or "legendary" and "gem" (for the elements depicted as square-cut white gemstones and diamond-cut purple ones respectively)... but this forum does not allow users to create polls. I could try an informal one here in this thread (I have become terrified of the repercussions to my status here of starting a thread that could be against the forum rules even if other threads created under the exact same logic are allowed, so I will NOT be starting ANY threads that I am not 120% sure will be allowed, sorry)... but it would take a lot of work hand-tallying the votes.

cocauina
01-06-15, 03:17 PM
I understand your point but if you look at the names of the gem creatures, they are gems. Crystal (a bit of a stretch), Emerald, Ruby, Citrine.

But calling them gem types when Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever are gem animals, it's so confuse, and for me, it's like calling bicycle to a motorcycle.

cocauina
01-06-15, 03:18 PM
I go by gem for unicorn, emerald, ruby and citrine because they live in "gem" grove habitats, and treasure for the toucan & retriever for the same reason - they live in "treasure" troves. It seems the most logical to me that the collective name for that type, that the game uses as the name of the habitat they live in, be the name of their element.

There is a quest for the Blizard - 10 gems & 30 XP. No timer on it.

I understand your point, but in my head, it doesn't make sense xD

Thanks for the quest info, can you tell me the name for the quest also? :)

(...)
ETA: I'd happily start a thread with a poll as to whether we as a whole wish to call them "gem" and "treasure" or "legendary" and "gem" (for the elements depicted as square-cut white gemstones and diamond-cut purple ones respectively)... but this forum does not allow users to create polls. I could try an informal one here in this thread (I have become terrified of the repercussions to my status here of starting a thread that could be against the forum rules even if other threads created under the exact same logic are allowed, so I will NOT be starting ANY threads that I am not 120% sure will be allowed, sorry)... but it would take a lot of work hand-tallying the votes.

Don't bother zenobia42, I only said this because I was to say this a long time ago, it's my opinion only.
Everyone has a different opinion most of the times, we only need to accept that :)

A good Battleground to everyone!

zenobia42
01-06-15, 03:28 PM
I understand your point, but in my head, it doesn't make sense xD

Thanks for the quest info, can you tell me the name for the quest also? :)
I totally understand that! I didn't know what to call gem for the longest time but then I realized the name we use with all the other elements is in a way made-up, too. There is never the text of the name with the animal - only the icon. But the habitats always name the icon IMO. What is depicted as a leaf is nature; a rock is earth; etc. So I figured they must mean that the name they use in the habitats is the name of the element that holds them (except the special 2-element event prize habitats of course).

The quest is called "Cold-Blooded." And the text with it says

Defeat the Blizard in Battle
Beat Level 80 in Region 6 of the Battlegrounds!

By the text, it appears you complete the quest even without hatching the Blizard egg.

cocauina
01-06-15, 03:33 PM
I totally understand that! I didn't know what to call gem for the longest time but then I realized the name we use with all the other elements is in a way made-up, too. There is never the text of the name with the animal - only the icon. But the habitats always name the icon IMO. What is depicted as a leaf is nature; a rock is earth; etc. So I figured they must mean that the name they use in the habitats is the name of the element that holds them (except the special 2-element event prize habitats of course).

The quest is called "Cold-Blooded." And the text with it says

Defeat the Blizard in Battle
Beat Level 80 in Region 6 of the Battlegrounds!

By the text, it appears you complete the quest even without hatching the Blizard egg.

The special habitats are different xD

I say that, because of DS, the gold dragons leave in a habitat called Treasure Trove, but we call them gold dragons because they give gold, but in DS the diamond dragons leave in Diamond Fields. Tl inly wants to messes up with my head ahah

Thanks again for the quest info :)

Sorry to ask and asking this, but can you take a screenshot from the quest and post here?

cocauina
01-06-15, 03:42 PM
Fire is not neutral to gem. I took the unicorn down with a level 15 pony in one tournament while everything else had failed

Fire is neutral to Crystal Unicorn, I was able also to defeat a Crystal Unicorn with a magical critic hit from a Pyro Pony level 15 also.

DragonThruTime
01-06-15, 03:45 PM
I just beat Lightning Leopard with Toucan. I chose TT by mistake thinking I was still on the previous level. I got 2 neutrals and then a critical hit. Strange.

Melis2a84
01-06-15, 04:02 PM
Hey Guys!

Just finished the battlegrounds got up early and while kids were still asleep I actually finished yay

Here is the egg

Sorry I didn't write down opponents didn't want to get out of bed to wake kids with my footsteps lol

readysetgo888
01-06-15, 04:12 PM
I just looked at the animal for the first time... it IS a Sea Drake clone. Just different colors.

How disappointing :( I am beyond fed up with the blatant rip off clones in this game. Just so tired of it. Out of everything, this is what is going to make me quit the game. These LAZY designs that are obvious copies of animals already out there... and we're supposed to care and give them money for them?

Vodelle
01-06-15, 04:12 PM
Re: naming issue.

I'd recommend gem (or legendary) and treasure, going by the habitat names. I understand it's confusing since the treasure elements give 'gems' (the premium currency) out, but the gem/legendary animals live in gem habitats and are named after gems (crystal, ruby, emerald, citrine), so... that's my vote. :p

zenobia42
01-06-15, 04:28 PM
Sorry to ask and asking this, but can you take a screenshot from the quest and post here?
Sure thing. In taking the screenshot I realized there is a step 2 and you do have to hatch the Blizard to complete the whole quest. Hereit is:

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 04:35 PM
Fire is neutral to Crystal Unicorn, I was able also to defeat a Crystal Unicorn with a magical critic hit from a Pyro Pony level 15 also.

Ok just tried unicorn against pony. I figure if fire is strong to unicorn then unicorn will be weak to pony but I got 2 neutrals and one critical, so you guys might be right

cocauina
01-06-15, 05:02 PM
Sure thing. In taking the screenshot I realized there is a step 2 and you do have to hatch the Blizard to complete the whole quest. Hereit is:

Thank you very much :)

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 05:03 PM
Round 11 - Planther Dark/Nature - xMas CH first strike - no data
Round 12 - Fire Glider Electric/Fire - XMas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both fire and electric
Round 13 - Fairy Ferret Nature/Fire - xMas CH first two strikes - no data
Round 14 - Frostfang Water - xMas CH first strike --> Repeat of Round 1 but Frostfang was 1 level lower than round 1
Round 15 - Porkupine Electric/Nature - Xmas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both electric and nature
Round 16 - Shock Fox Electric/Earth - Xmas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both electric and earth
Round 17 - Rock Rhino Earth - Xmas still neutral as in round 2 - But it did stop Santa Claws winning streak
Round 18 - Turtisle Water/Nature - Xmas Strong Attack - Consistent with Water strong and Nature neutral.

My Santa Claws was on quite a run. Won rounds 11-16 first try.

Melis2a84
01-06-15, 05:07 PM
Sorry this post has got a mind of its own trying to delete post grrr

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 05:35 PM
Hey Guys!

Just finished the battlegrounds got up early and while kids were still asleep I actually finished yay

Here is the egg

Sorry I didn't write down opponents didn't want to get out of bed to wake kids with my footsteps lol

You're done huh?
Now what are you going to do until Friday 's (Saturday in AU) update ?

viramisu
01-06-15, 05:57 PM
Kinda looks like sea drake.. Oh please TL you're just duplicate the existing critter. But i love sea drake :D

Melis2a84
01-06-15, 06:20 PM
You're done huh?
Now what are you going to do until Friday 's (Saturday in AU) update ?

I know I usually wait with battlegrounds as it does give me something to do, but this morning my kids wouldn't wake up so I sat in bed playing lol, it's school holidays here so these kids will entertain me haha my favourite part of the week is when these updates come out I'm getting obsessed lol

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 06:39 PM
I know I usually wait with battlegrounds as it does give me something to do, but this morning my kids wouldn't wake up so I sat in bed playing lol, it's school holidays here so these kids will entertain me haha my favourite part of the week is when these updates come out I'm getting obsessed lol

Well the good thing is we've got a cute creature coming out on Friday

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 07:05 PM
Round 15 - Porkupine Electric/Nature - Xmas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both electric and nature
Round 16 - Shock Fox Electric/Earth - Xmas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both electric and earth
Round 17 - Rock Rhino Earth - Xmas still neutral as in round 2
Round 18 - Turtisle Water/Nature - Xmas Strong Attack - Consistent with Water strong and Nature neutral.
Round 19 - Conductor Electric/Water - Xmas Strong Attack - Consistent with Water strong and Electric neutral.
Round 20 - Elephantom BOSS Electric/Dark - Xmas Neutral - Consistent with Neutral to both electric and dark

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 08:25 PM
Round 21 - Pandaffodil Nature -Xmas Neutral
Round 22 - Chameneon Dark/Water - Xmas Strong Attack
Round 23 - Chromadile Dark/Water - Xmas Strong Attack
Round 24 - Arboar Water/Nature - Xmas Strong Attack
Round 25 - Frankenswine Dark/Nature - Xmas Neutral
Round 26 - Pyro Pony Fire - Xmas still Neutral

zenobia42
01-06-15, 09:24 PM
Thanks, nina, I've updated the OP through round 26, thanks to your lists. :)

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 09:45 PM
Thanks, nina, I've updated the OP through round 26, thanks to your lists. :)

Your welcome.

EviBrooklyn
01-06-15, 09:57 PM
Weird, I was stuck on level 15 ( porcupine) for almost 10 times. Lost with unicorn, unicornicopia, ruby, sloth, emerald etc
Just won that round with toucan, 1st hit weak, 2nd critical
What is going on?

ninasidstorm8
01-06-15, 10:28 PM
Round 27 Daredevil Electric/Fire - Xmas CH no Data
Round 28 Koala Cadabra Electric/Dark - Xmas Neutral
Round 29 Dream Bat Dark/Earth - Xmas Neutral
Round 30 Aquatter BOSS Water/Nature - Strong Attack

Calling it a night

sukyee
01-07-15, 07:04 AM
Round 31 - Skyger < Toucan
Round 32 - Thunderhawk < Magmacore (fire)
Round 33 - Solar Simian < gem
Round 34 - Bamboon < Ancient Sloth (nature)
Round 35 - Spruce Moose < Toucan
Round 36 - Chameneon < Toucan
Round 37 - Bansheep

ahomeforme
01-07-15, 07:55 AM
Just started the battles due to various reasons. Experienced smthg odd. I used Retriever to fight Plantlers, first hit critical, second was weak attack...?? So confusing...

FallenH
01-07-15, 07:57 AM

zenobia42
01-07-15, 08:14 AM
Just started the battles due to various reasons. Experienced smthg odd. I used Retriever to fight Plantlers, first hit critical, second was weak attack...?? So confusing...

The way battles work is strange: your attack is either strong, weak, or neutral (no text appears when you attack). But whether it is strong, weak, or neutral, every attack you have a chance of getting a critical hit. And the only way to get the win each round is to land a critical hit.

If your attack is strong, that means your odds of getting a critical are higher. But you can use a strong attack 3x per battle for dozens of tries against one opponent and never get the critical hit needed to win if the game deals you bad luck. Or, you can use a weak attack once and **** it, if the game gives you good luck. Basically, they make luck an absurdly huge part of this game even in the aspects of the game that you would think you could have at least a little more control over.

Anyway, there are 3 ways to increase your odds of getting a critical hit:
Use an animal that is strong in terms of elements vs. the opponent.
Use a rarer animal (ultra rare if it's a good match and you have one, or super rare)
Use a higher level animal

Good luck!

EviBrooklyn
01-07-15, 09:07 AM
The way battles work is strange: your attack is either strong, weak, or neutral (no text appears when you attack). But whether it is strong, weak, or neutral, every attack you have a chance of getting a critical hit. And the only way to get the win each round is to land a critical hit.

If your attack is strong, that means your odds of getting a critical are higher. But you can use a strong attack 3x per battle for dozens of tries against one opponent and never get the critical hit needed to win if the game deals you bad luck. Or, you can use a weak attack once and **** it, if the game gives you good luck. Basically, they make luck an absurdly huge part of this game even in the aspects of the game that you would think you could have at least a little more control over.

Anyway, there are 3 ways to increase your odds of getting a critical hit:
Use an animal that is strong in terms of elements vs. the opponent.
Use a rarer animal (ultra rare if it's a good match and you have one, or super rare)
Use a higher level animal

Good luck!

I have never seen a critical after a weak attack
The best was a neutral after weak assuming using the same element attack but never a weak and a critical
Obviously with treasure animal, it happened to me and "ahomeforme" that we both got weak and then critical.
Has anyone else had a similar experience before? I have done all previous tournaments & battlegrounds but never had a weak and a critical in the same battle and from using the same element.

flowless
01-07-15, 10:23 AM
The best was a neutral after weak assuming using the same element attack but never a weak and a critical
Obviously with treasure animal, it happened to me and "ahomeforme" that we both got weak and then critical.
Has anyone else had a similar experience before? I have done all previous tournaments & battlegrounds but never had a weak and a critical in the same battle and from using the same element.

I had it twice
And one time with neutral followed by critical

I dont look at the table much so i battle randomly

Vodelle
01-07-15, 10:44 AM
Yes, as zen explained, it's possible to get a critical on ANY type of attack, but you're more likely when the elements are strong, your level is higher, and your rarity is higher.

Most people try not to use elements (and elemental attacks) that are weak against their opponent, which is why you wouldn't see it very often.

ninasidstorm8
01-07-15, 11:38 AM
37) Bansheep Electric/Dark - Xmas Neutral
38) Falconch Electric/Water - Xmas Strong Attack
39) Armordillo Earth/Fire - Xmas Neutral
40) Iciclaw BOSS Water/Earth - Xmas Strong Attack
41) Hedgehog Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
42) Terrorier Dark/Fire - Xmas Neutral
43) Jackalope Nature/Fire - two Critical Hits, no Xmas data
44) Volcamel Water/Earth - Xmas Neutral
45) Glacial Griffin Water/Earth - CH no Xmas data
46) Lightning Leopard Electric - Xmas Neutral
47) Werewolf Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
48) Thunder Mammoth Electric/Earth - Xmas Neutral
49) Scarecrow Dark/Earth - two Critical Hits, no Xmas data
50) Zapra BOSS Electric/Dark - Xmas Neutral

Looks like the Xmas data is consistent so far. Hope to run into a Treasure, Gem or even another Xmas creature to see what their response is.

sand
01-07-15, 12:56 PM
Argh!

LOL. Don't you just HATE winning when you're trying to do some constructive losing?

But I had a different surprise in that battle. I LOST! That's right. For the first time ever in my entire Battlegrounds history, I lost a Level 6 battle. Could it be that there is no longer an automatic "defensive victory" at the levels that end in -1 and -6? Hmmm. Those used to be my goof-off battles.

ninasidstorm8
01-07-15, 01:05 PM
LOL. Don't you just HATE winning when you're trying to do some constructive losing?

But I had a different surprise in that battle. I LOST! That's right. For the first time ever in my entire Battlegrounds history, I lost a Level 6 battle. Could it be that there is no longer an automatic "defensive victory" at the levels that end in -1 and -6? Hmmm. Those used to be my goof-off battles.

It does appear that there has been a change, I have lost in rounds 1, 21, 26, and 31. No defensive victories either. The BOSS creatures in this battleground also seem much stronger. In round 40 it took 6 CH and 10 Strong attacks to finally put it down.

sand
01-07-15, 01:07 PM

I see it quite often. Probably because I tend to deliberately attack with the element that gives the "weak" or "neutral" message. Just a stubborn peeve I have against seeing "Strong Attack" in my face for what is essentially a fail hit. The odds for the Crit are calculated based on all the factors of the match-up so it's just as likely to happen after ANY standard (fail) hit, or before. The standard and critical hits are not contingent upon each other.

EviBrooklyn
01-07-15, 01:38 PM
It does appear that there has been a change, I have lost in rounds 1, 21, 26, and 31. No defensive victories either. The BOSS creatures in this battleground also seem much stronger. In round 40 it took 6 CH and 10 Strong attacks to finally put it down.

I feel the same way. Something is different in this battleground

Vodelle
01-07-15, 01:41 PM
I suppose it isn't too surprising that they are making them 'harder' as time goes on. That gives you a sense of difficulty progression and makes it take longer to finish, which allows them to work on other things. I think it would be nice if they could release at least one battlegrounds each month, though, as they're pretty relaxing/chill to complete. (And aside from making a new creature, the only really time-consuming part for them is 1) making the background/arena scenery and 2) putting in the data for the 80 levels.)

charitypeoplemom
01-07-15, 02:28 PM
Battles 45, 46, 48 won with earth
Battle 47 won with nature

Buttercup0001
01-07-15, 03:25 PM
Hmmmmm rainguin boss is one tough cookie to beat....ive had so many critical hits on it like I've never seen before...im slowly wearing him/her down....I am enjoying not stressing that there is a time limit as with the tournaments;)

kooky panda
01-07-15, 03:40 PM
Hmmmmm rainguin boss is one tough cookie to beat....ive had so many critical hits on it like I've never seen before...im slowly wearing him/her down....I am enjoying not stressing that there is a time limit as with the tournaments;)

I had the same issue. Finally my Crystal Unicorn took him down.

Buttercup0001
01-07-15, 03:46 PM
I had the same issue. Finally my Crystal Unicorn took him down.
Unfortunately I don't have a crystal unicorn (sobs) trying to breed one atm.......though I have been successful in tournaments and in the battleground.....hope one day I get my unicorn :D

ninasidstorm8
01-07-15, 05:22 PM
Some of this info is repeated earlier but this is an update from where the first page is currently at, rounds 41 on. No new info on the Xmas element but the data remains consistent with that found so far. I have listed the creature and type for the round and the result of the Xmas element attack. I use a level 15 Santa Claws for the first battle of each round. He is doing remarkably well, considering the only element it is strong against is water so far. There are reports from other tournaments that Xmas is also strong against treasure, but I haven't encounted a treasure creature yet.

41) Hedgehog Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
42) Terrorier Dark/Fire - Xmas Neutral
43) Jackalope Nature/Fire - two Critical Hits, no Xmas data
44) Volcamel Water/Earth - Xmas Neutral
45) Glacial Griffin Water/Earth - CH no Xmas data
46) Lightning Leopard Electric - Xmas Neutral
47) Werewolf Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
48) Thunder Mammoth Electric/Earth - Xmas Neutral
49) Scarecrow Dark/Earth - two Critical Hits, no Xmas data
50) Zapra BOSS Electric/Dark - Xmas Neutral
51) Racmoon Dark/Earth - Xmas Neutral
52) Rockadile Water/Earth - Xmas Strong Attack
53) Steamtrunk Water/Fire - Xmas Strong Attack
54) Golden Lion Electric/Fire - Critical Hit - no Xmas data
55) Terradactyl Electric/Earth - Xmas Neutral
56) Pandaffodil Nature - Xmas Neutral
57) Fallaby Nature/Fire - Xmas Neutral
58) Twilight Troll Dark/Nature - Xmas Neutral
59) Thorilla Electric/Earth - Critical Hit - no Xmas data
60) Treeba BOSS Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral

Hawksmoor
01-07-15, 05:51 PM
Geez it's been a slow go for me so far. So many strong hits but not enough to win a battle. I'm only on level 8. Glad this one isn't timed! :-p

ninasidstorm8
01-07-15, 06:01 PM
Geez it's been a slow go for me so far. So many strong hits but not enough to win a battle. I'm only on level 8. Glad this one isn't timed! :-p

I am not sure why, but I have been breezing through all of the rounds except for the BOSSes on every 10th round. My level 15 Santa Claws has done remarkably well as I test out the Christmas element.

Hawksmoor
01-07-15, 06:16 PM
I am not sure why, but I have been breezing through all of the rounds except for the BOSSes on every 10th round. My level 15 Santa Claws has done remarkably well as I test out the Christmas element.

Oddly enough, I haven't been that successful with my Santa Claws? Am on round 10 now, 8 and 9 went well. Maybe my luck is turning

EviBrooklyn
01-07-15, 10:04 PM
I had it twice
And one time with neutral followed by critical

I dont look at the table much so i battle randomly

I have had before critical after neutral but not critical after weak
This was the first battleground that I noticed

EviBrooklyn
01-07-15, 10:05 PM

I haven't seen any defensive victory at all in this battleground

goodsoul76
01-08-15, 04:08 AM
Wow this has been insanely difficult so far...I've basically been playing every 10 mins solidly for the last several hours (this game is awesome for helping me procrastinate and avoid the pile of paperwork on my desk!)
But I think it's taken at least 5+ tries each round and I only just beat the boss rainguin which just seems nuts to me!!

Thankfully it's not a timed tournament..I would be seriously peeved right not now it that was the case!! Haha

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 06:18 AM
Xmas data still consistent. My Santa Claws is continuing its run. Round 70 has a Treasure Toucan BOSS to play with. As reported in earlier tournaments, Xmas is Strong against Treasure,

61) Sea Lion Dark/Water - Xmas Strong Attack
62) Peamoth Dark/Nature - Critical Hit no Xmas Data ==> I am not sure I have this creature is correct.
63) Vinataur Nature/Fire - Xmas Neutral
64) Grassquatch Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
65) Cosmic Pheonix Dark/Fire - Xmas Neutral
66) Conducktor Electric/Water - Xmas Strong Attack
67) Harvest Hedgehog Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
68) Vampire Cat Earth/Fire - Xmas Neutral
69) Ancient Sloth Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
70) Treasure Toucan BOSS Treasure - Xmas Strong Attack

lovalilycole
01-08-15, 06:39 AM
A huge thank you to zenobia for taking the time to post these results & graphs for us (in multiple tournaments & battlegrounds!) AND to those of you that take the time to post your results! :0)
I could NOT win these battles without your help! THANK YOU so much!
I have read in the forum that we do not need to be concerned about time during this battleground...how many days do we actually have to finish it? I am slogging through & cannot believe how long it is taking & am getting concerned I might not be able to finish in time without sitting glued to the game (which I do not want to do!)
Thanks again & good luck to everyone competing! :0)

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 06:45 AM
A huge thank you to zenobia for taking the time to post these results & graphs for us (in multiple tournaments & battlegrounds!) AND to those of you that take the time to post your results! :0)
I could NOT win these battles without your help! THANK YOU so much!
I have read in the forum that we do not need to be concerned about time during this battleground...how many days do we actually have to finish it? I am slogging through & cannot believe how long it is taking & am getting concerned I might not be able to finish in time without sitting glued to the game (which I do not want to do!)
Thanks again & good luck to everyone competing! :0)

There is no time limit for the battleground. The only limitation is that you will not be able to start the next battleground tournament until you have completed this one. Its anyone's guess at when that will be.

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 06:49 AM
I did some playing around with the Treasure Toucan boss on level 70. I have no gem animal (maybe someday), but I was able to confirm the following information that we already knew.

Strong against Treasure - Xmas, Nature
Neutral against Treasure - Earth, Fire, Water, Electric
Weak against Treasure - Dark

EviBrooklyn
01-08-15, 07:22 AM
My level 15 toucan looks tiny in front of a level 18 toucan. Why such difference in size?

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 07:39 AM
My level 15 toucan looks tiny in front of a level 18 toucan. Why such difference in size?

Besides the difference in level, I seem to recall that the creature appears larger on all of the BOSS levels. Maybe it just to let you know its a BOSS.

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 08:22 AM
Finally ran into a Gem creature on round 75. There is a Ruby Razorback protecting the 4 gems that are awarded for winning that round. And the result is

Xmas attack Neutral against Gem. Xmas was Neutral to Gem/Fire and Fire is Neutral to Gem so I believe that makes Xmas Neutral to Gem. Following are the creatures for rounds 71 to 75.

71) Turtisle Water/Nature - Xmas Strong Attack
72) Pumpkin Panda Earth/Nature - Xmas Neutral
73) Yak O Lantern Earth/Fire - Xmas Neutral
74) Aurora Pegasus Dark/Nature - Xmas Neutral
75) Ruby Razorback Gem/Fire - Xmas Neutral

EviBrooklyn
01-08-15, 08:24 AM
Besides the difference in level, I seem to recall that the creature appears larger on all of the BOSS levels. Maybe it just to let you know its a BOSS.

I don't think the level has anything to do with this as they are not that far off but you might be right that this is due to the BOSS status for that round

lovalilycole
01-08-15, 08:27 AM
There is no time limit for the battleground. The only limitation is that you will not be able to start the next battleground tournament until you have completed this one. Its anyone's guess at when that will be.
Thank you, Nina (and for all your helps/tips/results of battles)! :0)
That is music to my ears! Time to finish at leisure! :0)

zenobia42
01-08-15, 09:24 AM
Finally ran into a Gem creature on round 75. There is a Ruby Razorback protecting the 4 gems that are awarded for winning that round. And the result is

Xmas attack Neutral against Gem. Xmas was Neutral to Gem/Fire and Fire is Neutral to Gem so I believe that makes Xmas Neutral to Gem. Following are the creatures for rounds 71 to 75.

WOW! So Xmas is not weak to any other element. That's nuts!

That also means I can wrap up my new battle graphic. Man, do I miss the days when there were only 7 elements. The graphic was so nice and neat and easy to understand. Now it's a mess. But I'm doing the best I can to make it navigable.

Also, count me in the group that is enjoying how difficult this battlegrounds is. I like that it may take the better part of a week to finish. A nice challenging week with NO time pressure to finish it. It's glorious!

And yes, the boss animals are always huge. Bosses in most RPGs are generally much larger than minions are so it makes sense to me that bosses in this game are, too. Actually, the idea of the boss hero or villain being larger than life both figuratively and literally goes back millennia. In "The Iliad", the gods join in the battles for Troy and are easy to spot on the battlefield because they are Boss-sized. [/geekitude]

zenobia42
01-08-15, 09:39 AM
Since the Xmas element is at the top of the heap figuratively, I figured it should be shown that way in my elements diagram. Then, I took it a step further. Since Xmas > 2 elements and Xmas < nothing, Xmas rules. So the diagram is in the shape of a Christmas tree. ;)

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/FFSelements-graphic-01-08-15_zpsffb29342.jpg

ETA: I'm putting together a square graphic as well and will post that soon.

EviBrooklyn
01-08-15, 09:59 AM

Darn I beat ruby with a ruby... Gem attack critical

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 10:00 AM
WOW! So Xmas is not weak to any other element. That's nuts!

That also means I can wrap up my new battle graphic. Man, do I miss the days when there were only 7 elements. The graphic was so nice and neat and easy to understand. Now it's a mess. But I'm doing the best I can to make it navigable.

Also, count me in the group that is enjoying how difficult this battlegrounds is. I like that it may take the better part of a week to finish. A nice challenging week with NO time pressure to finish it. It's glorious!

And yes, the boss animals are always huge. Bosses in most RPGs are generally much larger than minions are so it makes sense to me that bosses in this game are, too. Actually, the idea of the boss hero or villain being larger than life both figuratively and literally goes back millennia. In "The Iliad", the gods join in the battles for Troy and are easy to spot on the battlefield because they are Boss-sized. [/geekitude]

It kind of surprised me as well. I still believe that Xmas is Neutral to GEM but after further reflection, I think my original statement as to why was incorrect. Since Xmas is neutral to the fire in the Ruby Razorback and neutral to the Gem/Fire combination, Xmas must be Neutral to Gem. I think the Fire element in the Santa Claws is irrelevant to the analysis of the Xmas element attack.

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 10:04 AM
Since the Xmas element is at the top of the heap figuratively, I figured it should be shown that way in my elements diagram. Then, I took it a step further. Since Xmas > 2 elements and Xmas < nothing, Xmas rules. So the diagram is in the shape of a Christmas tree. ;)

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/FFSelements-graphic-01-08-15_zpsffb29342.jpg

ETA: I'm putting together a square graphic as well and will post that soon.

I like it. Good thing, XMAS doesn't seem to have a weakness, that would really complicate things.

zenobia42
01-08-15, 10:13 AM
Here is the neat & tidy square version:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s586/zenobia42/FFS/FFSelements-01-08-15-square_zpsa39a0906.jpg

Much as I like the concept of the Xmas tree one, I think this one may be easier to read. Anyone who has a preference for one or the other, please post it. Whichever one gets more votes I will add to the OP. :)

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 10:39 AM
The Round 79 opponent is a Citrine Peregrin (Gem/Electric) . The Xmas attack was Neutral. Consistent with Xmas being Neutral to both Electric and Gem.

Monkeh2369
01-08-15, 11:18 AM
I have used a lvl9 Santa Claws and the Xmas element in 2 battles now against the lvl43 Jackalope and got neutral attacks on all 6 attacks. However, this may be that TL have pulled their usual stunt and decided to have me stuck on this guy as I just cannot beat it at the moment no matter what I try :(

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 11:26 AM
Following are the creatures for the last 10 rounds. Xmas results consistent throughout.

76) Gargolem Dark/Earth - Xmas Neutral
77) Onyx Ox Dark/Fire - Xmas Strong Attack
78) Thanksgibbon Dark/Fire - Xmas Neutral
79) Citrine Peregrin Gem/Electric - Xmas Neutral
80) Blizard BOSS Water/Earth - Xmas Strong Attack

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 11:34 AM
I have used a lvl9 Santa Claws and the Xmas element in 2 battles now against the lvl43 Jackalope and got neutral attacks on all 6 attacks. However, this may be that TL have pulled their usual stunt and decided to have me stuck on this guy as I just cannot beat it at the moment no matter what I try :(

The Xmas element is Neutral to both Nature and Fire, so you should expect a Neutral result of an Xmas attack to a Nature/Fire creature. See Page 1 of this thread for other choices that may work better. To win the battle I would use Steamtrunk.

Monkeh2369
01-08-15, 11:40 AM
The Xmas element is Neutral to both Nature and Fire, so you should expect a Neutral result to a Nature/Fire creature. See Page 1 of this thread for other choices that may work better. To win the battle I would use Steamtrunk.

Ah. I think I have read zen's new graphic on the previous page incorrectly then. I read that Xmas was strong over nature and fire. I have tried my Steamtrunk a few times now. I will beat the little blighter soon!!! :)

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 11:51 AM
Ah. I think I have read zen's new graphic on the previous page incorrectly then. I read that Xmas was strong over nature and fire. I have tried my Steamtrunk a few times now. I will beat the little blighter soon!!! :)

Xmas is strong against Water and Treasure but Neutral against everything else. Good luck in your battle. It's going to take me a while to take down the Blizard BOSS to finish up.

zenobia42
01-08-15, 01:24 PM

On the graphic, only if element 1 is directly above element 2 does that mean it is strong to it. If there is an element 3 between element 1 and 2, that means that 1 > 3 >2... but NOT that 1 > 2. In fact, it could be a circular relationship (like how earth > fire > nature > earth > fire etc.).

Also, because TL keeps adding new elements all of the time, the relationships which were so simple are now really complex. And so almost every element has to be shown in the graphic twice to cover all its relationships. Be sure to look for another of that element in that graphic, even if you've found one. Or refer to the OP's table of best choices which factors in all the elements of the attacker and defender for to let you know which is a net positive for you.

ninasidstorm8
01-08-15, 01:39 PM
Completed the battleground and the egg is in storage along with 10 other eggs that I need to hatch someday. At least the 10 gem goal requiring me to hatch it, doesn't have a timer on it yet.

I used my level 15 Santa Claws in the first battle of each round to gather some data on the Xmas element. Turned out to be a good choice since Xmas has no weakness. In the first battle of each round (excluding the BOSS rounds) Santa Claws had 38 wins to 34 losses. Not bad going into the battle blind.

Other observations: No defensive wins, it seems as that feature was removed from this battleground. It would be interesting to see if the earlier battlegrounds still allow a defensive victory for players that have not reached them yet. The BOSSes in this battleground were much tougher to defeat than in the Thorilla battleground. Seemed easier to get a Critical Hit but all types of hits seemed to do less damage. Didn't run across any new creatures (a little disappointed in that).

I hope everyone enjoys their battles, I did.

EviBrooklyn
01-08-15, 06:36 PM
I finished my battlegrounds this afternoon and blizzard is waiting in line to evolve.
I won 75% of my battles with level 15 treasure toucans (2 of them) and golden retriever
If I remember correctly, Kooky once said that using the treasure animals in battles won't reset the timer to collect the gems but I'm starting to think otherwise. I haven't collected my daily from them (today)as of yet. Can one of the mods reconfirm if the timer in fact does reset or not when using these animals in the fights?

cocauina
01-09-15, 07:24 AM
Completed the battleground and the egg is in storage along with 10 other eggs that I need to hatch someday. At least the 10 gem goal requiring me to hatch it, doesn't have a timer on it yet.

(...)

The goals for the Battlegrounds doesn't have timer, I'm still on Twilight Troll goal xD

DragonMoon006
01-09-15, 12:31 PM
I saw that Unicornucopia is expiring soon and realise I had 1 (lvl10) in one account. Have started using it from Lvl 27 onwards and it has scored a critical hit each time. Even against Aquatter boss it registered Rock weak and Leaf neutral yet it manages to score a critical hit again every time.

IMO Unicornucopia is even more awesome (almost immortal) than Unicorn (love the sparkling golden halo during battle) so have tried speed breeding in another account. Sadly no luck :(

Partial battle result :- Examples of Unicornucopia at battle...

27) DDevil12 (LgF) < Unicopia10 RcRc sooo pretty!!!
losses : Unicorn14 Gnx3 lost
losses : ASloth12 (RL) Rsx3 lost
27) DDevil12 (LgF) <

28) Koala (LgD) < Unicopia10 (RL) RcRc
28) Koala (LgD) < ? ASloth??

29) DBat13 (DR) < Unicopia10 (RL) RnLc
29) DBat13 (DR) < ????

30) Aquatter15 (WL) <
1. Unicopia10 (RL) RwLcLn
2. Unicopia10 (RL) LnRcRw
3. Unicorn14 Gsx3
4. Pony15 FnFcFn
5. Unicorn14 Gsx3
6. Unicopia10 Rw

31) Skyger15 (D) < Unicorn14 GcGwGw
31) Skyger15 (D) < ???

32) THawk13 (LgL) < Rampage12 RnFsFc
losses : Unicorn14 Gsx3 lost
32) THawk13 (LgL) < ???

33) SolarSimian13 (LF) < Unicopia10 RnLwRc
33) SolarSimian13 (LF) < ???

Wins SolarSimian too with weak and neutral elements!! Awesome!!

Note : Battling blind starting with Unicorn or Unicornucopia!!

dumbpluff
01-09-15, 11:26 PM
these battlegrounds are slow, slow going for me this time. i'm hoping to have it cleared in a few days, which i get isn't exactly slow, but... :mad:

i think i've gotten too used to the tournaments. this is tiring.

patriziaf
01-11-15, 08:05 PM
Uff.. at last, finished! Really annoying, not at all amused. That's why it lasted so long.

dumbpluff
01-12-15, 01:36 AM
got it about an hour or two ago. ended up mistapping and wasting an ultimate on it, but at this point i barely care. this set of the battlegrounds has been awful on my soul for some reason or another, so i'm just really glad it's over.

back to the unicorn attempts!

Vodelle
01-13-15, 12:40 PM
I'm a bit late to the party, it feels like, but I just finished the blizard battleground (in time for the new tournament I suppose, haha).

The most annoying part is usually finding a time to slot the hatching of the egg in, though...

icysnowz
01-13-15, 11:57 PM
Cant seem to defeat the ruby razorback on level 75! Have use every water element animals and also the treasure toucan..

Anyway there's a mistake in the table on the first post.. the xmas element isnt a strong element against the ruby (level 75)

readysetgo888
01-14-15, 10:06 AM
I'm really surprised how many people powered through this so quickly! I'm still back on round 10. Did everyone forget that battlegrounds aren't limited? I would have never even bothered finishing Thorilla except that I realized I needed an electric-earth super rare for tournaments and then I did get through it, but this one is just earth-water and I have a Glacial Griffin, so I don't need it. I'll get around to it...

I REALLY wish we could see opponents before battling. I would be much more likely to play if I could see the opponent first and choose a correct fighter, but since I only have 2 stamina at a time, I basically have to choose a fighter at random for the first battle and then choose the correct fighter for the second battle, so it's often really like only having 1 at a time.

Bambamstad
01-14-15, 12:17 PM
I'm really surprised how many people powered through this so quickly! I'm still back on round 10. Did everyone forget that battlegrounds aren't limited? I would have never even bothered finishing Thorilla except that I realized I needed an electric-earth super rare for tournaments and then I did get through it, but this one is just earth-water and I have a Glacial Griffin, so I don't need it. I'll get around to it...

I REALLY wish we could see opponents before battling. I would be much more likely to play if I could see the opponent first and choose a correct fighter, but since I only have 2 stamina at a time, I basically have to choose a fighter at random for the first battle and then choose the correct fighter for the second battle, so it's often really like only having 1 at a time.

On page 1 of this thread you can see all the opponents.

readysetgo888
01-14-15, 12:52 PM
On page 1 of this thread you can see all the opponents.

I know... but that would mean I'd have to be looking at the forum before playing, which I usually would not be.

Vodelle
01-14-15, 01:39 PM
I know... but that would mean I'd have to be looking at the forum before playing, which I usually would not be.

Honestly, battlegrounds are pretty relaxing. I suppose your 2stam/10m recharge is more conducive to playing more often. I had 4stam/30m recharge each so I could come back every once in a while and do 4 matches in a row. (But someone w/the ten minute recharge gets way more stamina in the same time period, so they could probably finish faster...)

Anyway, same as tournaments, there were times I just critted like 5x in a row and times it took like 10 stamina to bring down a non-boss animal. It's kind of annoying not knowing what's next, but usually just choosing one of my best animals and bulling through it worked fine enough. I mostly didn't look at the chart either for what it's worth!

readysetgo888
01-14-15, 02:49 PM
Honestly, battlegrounds are pretty relaxing. I suppose your 2stam/10m recharge is more conducive to playing more often. I had 4stam/30m recharge each so I could come back every once in a while and do 4 matches in a row. (But someone w/the ten minute recharge gets way more stamina in the same time period, so they could probably finish faster...)

Anyway, same as tournaments, there were times I just critted like 5x in a row and times it took like 10 stamina to bring down a non-boss animal. It's kind of annoying not knowing what's next, but usually just choosing one of my best animals and bulling through it worked fine enough. I mostly didn't look at the chart either for what it's worth!

I really wish I had the 4 stamina. I don't usually check the game every 10 minutes so 4 stamina at a time would be much more convenient.

Buttercup0001
01-14-15, 04:34 PM
Im stuck on level 79 the Citrine Peregrin, anyone with advice on how to defeat it...I have no unicorn or any gem/crystal animals....have tried all my dark hybrid animals but cannot manage a critical hit on it...Thanks :)

Buttercup0001
01-14-15, 06:22 PM
Im stuck on level 79 the Citrine Peregrin, anyone with advice on how to defeat it...I have no unicorn or any gem/crystal animals....have tried all my dark hybrid animals but cannot manage a critical hit on it...Thanks :)

Finally after battling the citrine peregrin all morning, got a critical hit with my onyx ox yay level 80 then im finished

sweetypies97
01-15-15, 03:24 PM
Does anyone see any red remaining for the elephantom here? No, I'm not imagining that I defeated him? Then why do I have to defeat him again?? Argh!

tygerlynx
01-18-15, 02:07 PM
That happened to me too. I had to hit him one more time to defeat him. I imagine it has 1% life left and it isn't enough to show up. Just a guess though.

hugpete
01-20-15, 12:58 AM
The Pumpkin Panda's attack is just plain creepy.

hugpete
01-20-15, 02:20 AM
Hmmm.. Round 75 my Santa Claws got neutral hits on both elements. Not sure why it's on the guide. :/

Aernak
01-28-15, 01:09 PM
That happened to me too. I had to hit him one more time to defeat him. I imagine it has 1% life left and it isn't enough to show up. Just a guess though.

Same thing happened to me on the last level when I fought the Blizard.

keller63
02-02-15, 09:05 AM
On lvl79 sooooooo cant wait to get this one, its been a long grind but I'm just glad it's a guaranteed result at the end, unlike when you miss out on tournaments or pumpkin panda and menoram no matter how hard you tried for them

zenobia42
02-02-15, 09:23 AM
This is the first battlegrounds I went halfway then stopped. I went that far to be able to update the element strengths graphic. But now I am pausing so that I can update again, using the Battlegrounds as opposed to an Arena tournament, if another new update appears.

keller63
02-02-15, 09:30 AM
This is the first battlegrounds I went halfway then stopped. I went that far to be able to update the element strengths graphic. But now I am pausing so that I can update again, using the Battlegrounds as opposed to an Arena tournament, if another new update appears.

That makes sense and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are thankful for your sacrifice on this to help keep us updated on the elements :)

zenobia42
02-10-15, 09:06 AM
I am experimenting with my Smitten Kitten to deduce the Valentine element's strength & weaknesses. Next I will try the Treent.

EDIT: I see Ready already figured otu the Treent in the Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73180-Making-Sense-of-the-Battleground&p=1052289#post1052289). So I have moved my discussion over there.