PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

personqq
01-05-15, 07:28 PM
Hi I'm new to the game (got it for bonus stuff for restaurant story) and I have a few questions on some of the features of this app.

1. Is there any way to cancel breeding or destroy and egg before it hatches?
- It seems a little ridiculous that the game has me spend 200 silver, wait a full day, make it so I'm unable to hatch other eggs, and sacrifice at least 3,000 silver for something I'm going to end up selling for 100 silver.

2. What is the point of upgrading?
-From what I can see upgrading costs the same as buying something from the market. So isn't it more beneficial to get the next item and then sell the old one if you need to?

3. I got this quest to make a devil dragon, but when I look it up online, everything says its expired. Is getting this quest a bug and am I stuck with a quest I can't finish?

PernReloaded
01-06-15, 02:02 AM
Hey there! Happy to help~

1. No, there isn't. I haven't come across many collection games like this that do allow a cancelled breeding. Depending on whether you're on iOS or Android, there are benefits to letting the egg hatch regardless (players can get bombs or dynamite to mine for land expansions or craftable dragon parts, and iOS can hatch, evolve, and trade for gems to make craftable dragons)

2. The upgrade issue seems to be universal in TL games. It's like that in FFS, Pet Story, and probably in RS as well if you've upgraded to a new oven or the like. You start out with limited funds, so players can't afford the large expansions to start out with and upgrades only become unlockable at certain levels. Some players save their funds and just buy the upgraded version when it's available, some don't. It's an individual thing. For certain dragons and types, however, you don't have much of a choice - you have to have a blue habitat for a blue dragon, a yellow one for a yellow dragon, a white habitat for a light dragon, and players have to balance their desire to have space to put dragons with how much silver they want to spend.

3. I still have the devil dragon goal up as well. I'm fairly certain it's an expired Halloween dragon. Usually TL is very good about removing time-sensitive goals when they're up, this one seems to have slipped through.

ciarjen
01-06-15, 02:11 AM
Hi I'm new to the game (got it for bonus stuff for restaurant story) and I have a few questions on some of the features of this app.

1. Is there any way to cancel breeding or destroy and egg before it hatches?
- It seems a little ridiculous that the game has me spend 200 silver, wait a full day, make it so I'm unable to hatch other eggs, and sacrifice at least 3,000 silver for something I'm going to end up selling for 100 silver.

2. What is the point of upgrading?
-From what I can see upgrading costs the same as buying something from the market. So isn't it more beneficial to get the next item and then sell the old one if you need to?

3. I got this quest to make a devil dragon, but when I look it up online, everything says its expired. Is getting this quest a bug and am I stuck with a quest I can't finish?

Upgrading habitats does not take up extra space. If you were to buy the new one in the market you would have to have space to place it, so you could then transfer your dragons over before selling the old one.

I would suggest not worrying about outstanding goals. There is a goal for every dragon released and you can't complete them all. My advice is to try to breed the diamond dragon. It's very hard to get but the fails you get along the way will most likely be dragons you have not got.

To breed a diamond you need to put 4 different colours in the den. It can be any combination but need to be at least 4. For example breed Life (green/red) with Mist (yellow/blue)

personqq
01-06-15, 08:28 AM
Hey there! Happy to help~

1. No, there isn't. I haven't come across many collection games like this that do allow a cancelled breeding. Depending on whether you're on iOS or Android, there are benefits to letting the egg hatch regardless (players can get bombs or dynamite to mine for land expansions or craftable dragon parts, and iOS can hatch, evolve, and trade for gems to make craftable dragons)

Ah I'm neither so I didn't see much of a point to it at all. Though that makes it seem worth it for other OSs and I can just hope mine gets an update like that eventually.

It still seems a little excessive to wait 12+ hours for breeding and then that time is doubled for the egg. Which means unless you pay right from the start the next breeding time will be at min 12hrs as well.

2. The upgrade issue seems to be universal in TL games. It's like that in FFS, Pet Story, and probably in RS as well if you've upgraded to a new oven or the like. You start out with limited funds, so players can't afford the large expansions to start out with and upgrades only become unlockable at certain levels. Some players save their funds and just buy the upgraded version when it's available, some don't. It's an individual thing. For certain dragons and types, however, you don't have much of a choice - you have to have a blue habitat for a blue dragon, a yellow one for a yellow dragon, a white habitat for a light dragon, and players have to balance their desire to have space to put dragons with how much silver they want to spend.

From what I can tell RS is different since you don't upgrade items that way, everything you remove is stored away so you can reuse it, never upgrade to replace. Which is why I found moving things in DS so difficult compared, since you either sell the items or play decoration tetris.
It just seems so silly to upgrade for most things, the habitats though make sense.

LonePudding
01-06-15, 12:53 PM
About devil - I thought it was never removed? I got mine after the Halloween season.

Edit: Nevermind, it is gone!