PDA

View Full Version : moving items to another counter

Unregistered
02-03-11, 01:30 PM
Is there a way to move your baked items to another counter so they aren't so spread out? Also, how do you rotate an item? I bought the magazine rack and wanted to put it next to my door but can't get it turned so it backs up to the wall the right way. BTW, add kimcar31 I tip & gift daily.

thanks
kimcar31

Unregistered
02-03-11, 10:42 PM
To rotate an item, click on Design, higlight the item and then click on the Rotate button. Not all items can be rotated.

I think the only way that you can move food from one counter to another is to move the counter. Click on design and then drag the counter to where you want it.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 01:09 AM
When you add new food, something different to what you already have served up, the chef will automatically group all the foods that are the same.

If you move your counter make sure you dont put it into storage by accident, as you will lose all of your food.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure if the original poster would like a way to stack like items which go to separate counters, or if he'd simply like to move the food around. If it's the latter, then another poster answered it: move the counter in design mode. However, if it's the former, that's something I've been wanting lately! I'd love to be able to stack multiples of the same item onto one counter, so that each of my counters holds a unique item.

The only work-around I have found for this is (going to use brownies as an example):

If you made brownies, and you already have brownies sitting on a counter, place all of your empty counters in storage, serve the food, put empty counters back when you're done making brownies & serving them.

If you made brownies, and you don't have any brownies sitting on any counter, place all but one of your empty counters in storage, serve the food, put counters back when you're done making brownies & serving them.

Another work-around is to fill the empty counters with something cheap & fast to make that you don't mind throwing away. Fill the empty counters with a single batch of brownies, cookies or coffee, then when you go to serve the item you're making, it will stack with whatever is already out there. When done, delete the single stacks of the cheap stuff that you used as placeholders.

It would be a heck of a lot easier just to be able to click on an item and move it to a preexisting stack, though. :)

Unregistered
02-04-11, 01:28 PM
the chef will automatically group all the foods that are the same.

They do?? My chick will put the same food on different counters. If I make brownies, serve them, and then make more brownies and serve....it doesnt get added to the first tray of brownies. Is this right, or is something not right with my game?

Unregistered
02-04-11, 02:10 PM
Yes, that's correct if there are empty counters available, they will be filled when you serve from your stoves. However, if you have the same items on multiple counters, have no empty counters, and cook a food (or serve from your gift box) that is not currently on a counter, all multiples of the same food will be moved to the same counter to make a counter available.

I also don't like the same food spread over multiple counters, and I do what the poster above suggested... before serving a food, I remove all empty counters into storage except the one I want the food on, then put them back after I serve.

You must be very careful doing that, however, since you cannot see what is on a counter while in decorate mode. I have accidentally put the wrong counter into storage - a counter full of food - and lost all the food on the counter.

Unregistered
02-05-11, 04:13 PM
They do?? My chick will put the same food on different counters. If I make brownies, serve them, and then make more brownies and serve....it doesnt get added to the first tray of brownies. Is this right, or is something not right with my game?

The new baked/mixed cake/drink won't get to the same tray if you have empty counters. They will try to fill the empty counter first. The way is that if you have for example two counters with the same cake/drink with other filled counters, when you bake something new that all of your current counters don't have, the chef will automatically move the cake/drink on the two counters which have the same thing on just one counter, and the new baked/mixed cake/drink will be put on the new empty counter.

Do it yourself and see.