PDA

View Full Version : Land Deed Windfall

reewinder
01-02-15, 01:39 AM
So I was hitting the newsstand earlier trying to find tinsel to upgrade my tree and all of a sudden I see 10 land deeds for sale. I quickly buy it and get that adrenaline rush. I think I had 10 deeds in my barn and was really needing to cash in a plot of land to try and free up some barn space so I can try and get my tree to level 15 before the event ends.
Now I usually go and visit a farm if they had something good for sale so I clicked on the visit button and then proceed to their shop. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.....the first page in their shop was filled with nothing but land deeds x 10. Including the x10 one I bought just before, they had a total of like 80 or 90 for sale.....I can't remember, I was so excited. There was also some bricks x10 for sale. I almost couldn't think straight. I go to hit the buy button and to my absolute horror the Barn Full notice pops up and I went into full-on-panic mode. Noooooooooooooooooo.
So I race back to my farm knowing I have very little time to get back to their shop before the newspaper refreshes and their farm and all it's riches vanish. There's no empty slots in my store so I start discarding items to make way for me to dump some inventory. I started selling pet feed and pizzas and whatever else I could quickly get to.....I even sold 10 of my ornaments. I race back to the newsstand and "whew" it's still there.....so I click the visit button again and make my way back to their shop.
Everything is still there. So I hit the buy button....buy button....buy button. Then the dreaded Barn Full message rears it's ugly head again. So once again I race back to my farm and repeat my last steps and just start selling whatever I can get to and race back to the newsstand. Amazingly it hasn't refreshed yet so I click the visit button again and I managed to get a few more but Barn Full popped up again. I had to leave a few behind but I ended up getting enough to make 2 land expansions afterwards. I left them a neighbor request but for the life of me I can't remember their name.
I would like to thank whoever my mystery benefactor was. This allowed me to free up enough space in my barn to hopefully complete my holiday tree to level 15.....if I can ever find enough parts for it.
I just can't understand why someone would sell off so many at once. I know sometimes people have multiple accounts and feed supplies off to another account but they would have been disappearing before I made it back I would suppose. I just wish I could remember the name of the person.

reewinder
01-02-15, 01:44 AM
Now if anyone can point me to some tinsel lol.
Here's how my barn looked afterwards.

neurotika
01-02-15, 06:20 AM
I want to meet your benefactor. There's one who sold like 50 paint cans and 10 screws and 20 nails. I remember the name but didn't get added.

JustKay
01-04-15, 05:33 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but how do you keep playing with a barn full of expansion parts? I'm probably a much lower level but I struggle to find space when I near the amount of expansion parts needed for my next expansion. I have to get real creative and precise about getting the parts I need ready for the next items I need for my next order.

Second questions is why didn't you use the expansion parts for actual expansions instead of emptying out your barn? You must be maxed out already.

minidemon88
01-05-15, 10:35 AM
Wow, I've never seen anyone selling that insane amount of land deeds! The highest score I got was 5 paint cans, that's all. >_< *Go nuts staring at the screenshot! :(

yppahc
01-05-15, 02:13 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but how do you keep playing with a barn full of expansion parts? I'm probably a much lower level but I struggle to find space when I near the amount of expansion parts needed for my next expansion. I have to get real creative and precise about getting the parts I need ready for the next items I need for my next order.

Second questions is why didn't you use the expansion parts for actual expansions instead of emptying out your barn? You must be maxed out already.

When my farm was fully expanded I used to keep about 120 of each paper in my barn. This was difficult during events but not impossible. Now I cannot get land deeds so cannot expand.

reewinder
01-05-15, 07:06 PM
At the time I had everything I needed to clear land EXCEPT for the land deed. The picture I posted was how many I had after I bought them. I think I only had 10 land deeds before coming across these. As for barn space I try to upgrade it whenever I get the chance. I just got to level 51 and my barn capacity is at 575 and my silo is at 545. I think the 3 best upgrades that a player can do to maximize the game is barn expansions, silo expansions and expand your shop. A bigger shop puts you at the top of your neighbor's list when they go looking for items. Keeping your shop full keeps you at the top of that list. But in order to do that you have to have a lot of space to keep replenishing the shop. This in turn gets you more cash to buy more buildings to craft more items to put in the shop.
After I cleared 2 more plots of land, now I'm too low on old maps to expand again.

ciarjen
01-06-15, 01:57 AM
At the time I had everything I needed to clear land EXCEPT for the land deed. The picture I posted was how many I had after I bought them. I think I only had 10 land deeds before coming across these. As for barn space I try to upgrade it whenever I get the chance. I just got to level 51 and my barn capacity is at 575 and my silo is at 545. I think the 3 best upgrades that a player can do to maximize the game is barn expansions, silo expansions and expand your shop. A bigger shop puts you at the top of your neighbor's list when they go looking for items. Keeping your shop full keeps you at the top of that list. But in order to do that you have to have a lot of space to keep replenishing the shop. This in turn gets you more cash to buy more buildings to craft more items to put in the shop.
After I cleared 2 more plots of land, now I'm too low on old maps to expand again.

You're right, opening 12 slots in your shop should be a priority. It not only helps with selling and making money but also helps manage barn space.

I would also suggest using parts to upgrade the barn and silo when you can. I make regular train deliveries to earn gems to pay for paint which has enabled me to get my barn capacity up to 890. I am a level 54 player.

ciarjen
01-06-15, 01:59 AM

Old maps seem to be in short supply at the moment, I think they rotate the parts which are plentiful and in short supply which is why it can be risky selling off overstocks when later on you will find that you need them and the supply has dried up.

I have 60 permits, 60 deeds but only 22 old maps.

reewinder
01-06-15, 04:17 AM
It always amazes me how many higher level players never upgraded their shop spaces and still have only 3 slots to sell from. Whenever I visit a farm I like to check out their shop and if they have all 12 slots upgraded I usually send them a friend request. That way when I am in need of items and go check out my neighbors there's so much more to choose from and I rarely have to look very far to find what I need. I suspect one day TL will let us expand the other 4 spaces that are still in there??? It would be hard to keep the shelves full. At 12 spaces I have a hard time keeping stock on the shelves.

HerStiggyness
01-06-15, 07:46 PM
Wow Batty you hit the jackpot there for land deeds! Great start to the new year XD

Laytonsville20882
01-06-15, 11:06 PM
It is tricky, and for most players who have to store paperwork to expand in a barn(?) and materials to expand or improve facilities and stock up for selling, the train, or Mr. Merriweather....it gets difficult and tricky. Throw in events like the past Christmas event and there are no happy options to keep the flow of commerce going and maintain a reasonable plan of attack to improve one's farm, after all everyone's goal here. To improve the holiday tree it took stage after stage! I never got there as it required roughly 33% of my barn to gather the parts which hardly showed up in deliveries in a smothering one per delivery whenever...even the newspaper had little secondary market opportunities. WHY? We were flooded with quail and hatchets by the ton. The birds could almost be considered a plague, while tree parts are where? I say that as I fully expected to hopefully finish my tree after the season by purchasing parts on sale in the newspaper...didn't happen as unlike the thanksgiving flowers which can be upgraded still today they ****ed the tree upgrade ability immediately, WHY? I have parts which I guess have to be trashed as they like the flocks of quail still around serve no future purpose! Players had 66% of their market goods tied up in quail....funny the train could have helped, even the hot air balloon could have pitched in and helped unload... But that must be beyond the creative thoughts/s**** levels of this game's creative staff. And finally, to make room in the barn, why not give the players an office in the farmhouse or even a filing cabinet to collect large amounts of paperwork to purchase more land? Think of it! One deed takes the same room in the barn as a 50 lb. sack of grain! REALLY?? Why? Explain that to me please! All of the paperwork needed to buy any property takes less space actually. All my paperwork to expand my farm could have fit in one brief case! Imagine that....like an anchovie takes the same space as a bass....oh well it is only a game, but it doesn't have to be lame! Fix some of these issues and the game will improve immensely as in better products for sale when events are in progress, as people want to keep stores for deliveries to get the few rewards TL doles out and to generate money needed to buy what they do not make or need more of, they sell tons of products which most of us are flush with and have no need for. This game has huge potential, why does TL let it languish? My ideas are free and havemany more to separate from the copy cas!

iLLUMI2012
01-07-15, 06:13 AM
The best time to go on the hunt for maps, deeds and permits is during events. People run out of space in their barns as they're storing the many parts needed for the events so they sell what they can to make room. During the Holiday event I scored many of these items, especially the old maps and thus was able to expand one step closer to the Wishing Well.
What I find is that these items usually appear in the Newspaper within the last minute prior to it recycling. Not sure how or why it works this way but many of you will have noticed this anyway.
Also there's a kinda, sorta bug in the game that allows you to purchase a particular item twice. So if it happens to be a map etc then that's always a bonus too. :)

S22P66
01-09-15, 08:36 PM
Thank you! I hope TL reads this post & takes your advice. As a new player, Christmas cluttered my barn horribly. I finally got mad & just quit even trying to reach the tree goal, & there were glitches that prevented things from being saved. I alerted TL to this & got a runaround.