PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Counter, Stool, Table, Moon Landing, etc

c4ps
01-01-15, 12:03 PM
First of all, yay there's new stuff!
This past month I finished the North Pole Oven goals super quickly, and have been patiently and eagerly awaiting new goals.
But new stuff will have to do for now! and its Rocket -themed which is particularly awesome for me because i have an underlying childish theme to my restaurant and am a frequent visitor to the carnival and ice cream boxes.

That said, I pose the question: Why are the new items so expensive!?

I am fully aware that with table-and-chair sets , one of the items usually costs gems, so that was not too surprising. But a single counter for 15 gems? I am certainly no stranger to buying gems. Many a time I have coveted items that other users have or that boxes have -- I've even used them simply to cook goal food faster and unlock a new appliance. Right now in my restaurant I have reached the cusp of 40 vs 80 gems = an expansion. So if and when I make my next large gem purchase, it would undoubtedly be for one expansion and maybe a box or a imminently-gone Christmas sale item. I look at Moon Landing for 80 gems (?!?) and think um, expansion, or that?

I guess that spending gems in any amount of abundance has always created an unspoken barrier between players across the board. A kind of simulated classism in our fictitious little restaurants. One either does or doesn't, spend money on gems (and I've seen great restaurants emerge from both styles of playing). But I believe this update almost takes it further; tries to create a third level of spending on our already-divided grid by introducing 80-gem decorations.

what are your thoughts, my fellow RS players? I'd love to know your opinion on the new update and if it's a little much even for regular gem-spenders. Also your thoughts on anything I brought up. Maybe even some thoughts on the weather...

<3 c4ps

kooky panda
01-01-15, 12:37 PM
You can leave feedback for the new update on the current thread
Restaurant Update 12/31 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?76863-Restaurant-Update-12-31)

Thanks!