PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Tool box limit

ghjvcucjb
12-30-14, 10:33 PM
Just a WARNING for other new players: Played all day and every time I tapped on CID the Tool guy, he left nails. According to another post by one of the mods, he should drop a plank approximately every 5th drop. So I knew I was overdue and any visit now would give me the last plank I needed to upgrade my pantry. But when I tried to collect from CID, the "TOOL BOX IS FULL! UPGRADE NOW" sign appeared! Ugh!!!

First I had no idea there was a tool box. Second, that there was a limit. Third, how am I suppose to upgrade if the parts don't drop??!!!

So frustrating. Waiting around for CID then not getting a part. So I found the Tool Box, trashed some nails, and now have to wait. Hopefully not another day or two for one stupid plank.

infinitelove19
12-31-14, 12:04 AM
Where IS the tool box?
I've been looking for it, but cannot find it...??

ghjvcucjb
12-31-14, 12:39 AM
Where IS the tool box?
I've been looking for it, but cannot find it...??

It's in your pantry. There are two tabs on the left hand side. One is for the food (default) and one shows the tool box. I would recommend checking it and making sure you're not close to full.

On a positive note. CID showed up and gave me...more nails. Then about 30 minutes later he dropped of my missing plank!!!! Thank you CID!

infinitelove19
12-31-14, 07:02 AM
Ah, there it is. I wonder how many people will miss the toolbox entirely, then give up on the game when they wait forever for that last plank and then don't get it because their toolbox is full. More than a couple is my guess.

Also sucks that it needs parts to upgrade it.

Aernak
12-31-14, 08:00 AM
This whole feature is really obnoxious. I had this happen to me but thankfully all I lost were more nails. Now I am sure to go in every day and delete a few nails so it's never full.

AwesomeChefDad
12-31-14, 10:32 AM
Every 5th drop is absurd...

It should be every 3rd drop, looking at the requirements I dont get that at all.

lovelupe2
01-01-15, 10:49 AM
Is there a way to get the construction guys in more frequently?? I need nails for everything and I seem to rarely see them! Please help...I'm new to the game so maybe I'm missing some type of pattern? Thanks guys!!

kooky panda
01-01-15, 11:20 AM
There is no trick or special thing to do . I think he comes in approx every 30 minutes.

Yummmmmmies
01-01-15, 11:48 AM
I have 17 nails and 2 planks. That's not exactly once every 5 rounds. :mad:

CuteTali
01-01-15, 11:59 AM
Just a WARNING for other new players: Played all day and every time I tapped on CID the Tool guy, he left nails. According to another post by one of the mods, he should drop a plank approximately every 5th drop. So I knew I was overdue and any visit now would give me the last plank I needed to upgrade my pantry. But when I tried to collect from CID, the "TOOL BOX IS FULL! UPGRADE NOW" sign appeared! Ugh!!!

First I had no idea there was a tool box. Second, that there was a limit. Third, how am I suppose to upgrade if the parts don't drop??!!!

So frustrating. Waiting around for CID then not getting a part. So I found the Tool Box, trashed some nails, and now have to wait. Hopefully not another day or two for one stupid plank.

It's in your pantry. There are two tabs on the left hand side. One is for the food (default) and one shows the tool box. I would recommend checking it and making sure you're not close to full.

On a positive note. CID showed up and gave me...more nails. Then about 30 minutes later he dropped of my missing plank!!!! Thank you CID!

Thank you for all this useful information! I didn't know there was a toolbox anywhere or that it could get full. Gonna start checking on it from now on.

srg70
01-01-15, 01:55 PM
My tool box is filled with nails. I've had 6 today and not a single plank!! I NEED planks. The drop distribution of items needs adjusting.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/529874a7617431216d680ce3f06a0441.jpg

robotparade
01-02-15, 10:15 AM
This whole feature is really obnoxious.

Wow I totally agree

If that construction guy gives me nails one more time, he's gonna get a nail in his ravioli.

BTW I posted a thread about this problem in the "Feedback" forum.

thepianist
01-02-15, 11:01 AM
I find that Cid and the parsley girl drop by after I've been playing a few minutes. Generally after I've dished up, gone shopping and started cooking again then they will shop up, so keep your eyes peeled. If you see him walking out the door and think you've missed him don't worry because he'll be back very soon to give you another chance.

baimifan
01-02-15, 10:39 PM
I havent received a single hammer so far!

rosewaterlily
01-02-15, 11:48 PM
At level 21 I've mostly been using the expansions requiring planks and nails except for the opening the street market, so I'm building up quite a collection of blueprints (11) and hammers (7) that I actually don't mind seeing nails now. Wish we could buy and sell parts like in farm 2.

ghjvcucjb
01-12-15, 12:33 AM
Ughhhhhhhhh! Wasn't paying attention today and CID gave me a plank!! Then the full notice appeared!!! Noooo, not on planks. Wait...do you hear that sound? Yep, that's the sound of a full grown woman crying over a plank.

ConsFlab
01-12-15, 03:06 PM

Thank you thank you thank you

ToshiNoMiya
01-12-15, 05:42 PM
With the "Toolbox full" notice should come directions how to edit it or something. As the tab is hardly noticable unless you know where to look, which I didn't until I found this thread. It's been driving me nuts since the full notice appeared first yesterday.

tiggerhobbes
01-15-15, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have had that happened to me a few times now and every time, after I get the 'inbox full' notice, I clear a few items and cid came right back within seconds.

I think, as long as you don't (fail) to collect from him, he always comes back.

desertlady439
01-15-15, 09:04 AM
I miss calculated and have 40 out of 40 food types but no combination can be served how do I store or what do I do in this situation

ghjvcucjb
01-15-15, 09:59 AM
I miss calculated and have 40 out of 40 food types but no combination can be served how do I store or what do I do in this situation

I've done this several times

You will have to either upgrade your storage or trash some food items. Go into your pantry, select upgrade on the bottom or food tab then trash can, then item to be trashed, plus or minus amount then trash.