PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story 2 wishlist

JustKay
12-30-14, 09:14 PM
I've been playing the recently release RS 2 the last few days and thought, FS is about due for an update. Could happen next year or five years from now, but it will most definitely have to happen. So there are some things I liked and some I didn't like about the new RS2 mechanics, so I though it might be good to start a thread on what we'd all like to see if a FS2 ever came out, and what we don't want to see.

Firstly, I'm not a fan of the 3D. It just looks too stylised where fashion requires attention to detail as often as it calls for simplicity. I remember the Home building game from a while ago. Based on RS2 the tech has come some way towards more character, but the low polygon chibi look fits Farm and Restaurant story games, but not Fashion story IMO. The customers in FS are pins already, the characters in the Home building game were virtually 1 dimensional!

Next, it doesn't seem like you get to master recipes in RS2, which means you can't earn gems through hard work and determination. Gems appear only as random drops from customers you tap. While I can understand why TL want to be able to maintain control of the free gem distribution, I think this shifts the balance against players who can't buy gems often (or at all). It seems like the gem drops in RS2 are pretty generous now, but with this system that could easily be changed behind the scenes, or as you level up. I much prefer the FS system where you can see your progress toward gems and hard work does pay off. You won't have a flashy store, but with hard work you can setup a nice one with the most important items for yourself.

The quick serve in RS2 is a great feature I think. I can see how you could apply that to selling clothes off a rack. I'm sure we all have racks or counters loaded with hundreds of thousands of items we won't sell off for months. I know I would prefer being gifted with that instead of more black pumps :p

Tips on tables is down to 1 coin, which I thought was a bit low. Would be nice to keep the 20 coin tips.
Expansions are also only on one side, and require construction items. This makes sense but obviously makes it more challenging to expand. Seems like a fair game mechanic though and construction item drop are frequent enough if you're not a log in once a day person.
The new waiter and chef are a bit of a waste of space, IMO as they require clear pathways and access. While it looks more like a restaurant, it seems tables, applicances and counters all need to be oriented a specific way or they have pathing problems. Not sure what actually happens if they can't do their work, and whether it affects the game at all.

Shopping for ingredients in RS is the big change. It adds a few extra steps to the cooking process but is a nice system that forces you to balance your stock. Not sure if FS could have similar depth added to it. Buying fabrics and materials would limit what fashions you could make, designing fashions would also be way too complicated to gamify.

Maybe instead it would be nice to have something like a mannequin\department store front window display. Something like an expanded version of the avatar dressup. You can setup the store display using only the clothes\shoes\bags currently stocked in your store, that would have some more meaning towards keeping your store stocked with relevant clothing instead of just ordering what you need to, to work towards your next gem. Adding on a voting or ranking system would also be good to set a challenge across all players. I think FS is lacking any real sense of social competition between players. I know a lot of players set this up themselves in small groups, but it would be nice to see it integrated into the game. Gem prizes for getting top spot would also be nice :)

JustKay
01-15-15, 08:42 PM
Just had another idea, can we do selective colour replacements? I was thinking about RS2's "style" furniture system and thought it would be great if we could hot swap between different colours on the one display in FS. For instance if you had a park display, you could select the trees and switch colours from green in summer to orange in autumn, to sakura pink in spring, all on the one display. Or take one of those mannequins with the round bases (why do they still put them on bases?!) you could selectively re-colour the base to yellow for sand, green for grass, blue for tiles, and so one. The options for clothes would be limitless!

Of course, there would have to be some extra intelligence. Changing one of the colour options should also change the highlights and shadows in addition to the ambient tone. I wouldn't want to have to change every single one of 50 different colours in some of the more complicated displays.

CuteTali
01-15-15, 09:56 PM
No. Please don't remake Fashion Story. I really really don't like Restaurant Story 2 and Farm Story 2. The real original games are soo much more fun to play. I'm trying really hard to get RS2 leveled enough for my few measly gems so I can delete it already. I can't stand the gameplay in it.

Having to constantly go and buy groceries and only be able to hold 1-2 at a time, limited inventory (so annoying), everything quests ask you to buy costing in the 1000's and 10,000's, where what you make off food is in the 10's and 100's, expansions that only expand in one direction at a time, having to wait on parts that drop randomly instead of what you actually need etc etc. Sorry to say this, but in my opinion, it's a horrible game, I wouldn't want my original Fashion Story to get to that too.

The only good feature in this game is when you buy a certain style of tile/wallpaper, you get to keep it, no matter how big your shop gets, instead of having to buy 100's of individual tiles of each style. Also the application of wallpaper/tiles styles is very easy and convenient. They could just add this feature to the regular bakery/restaurant/fashion shops. I wouldn't want those choppy/pixely/childish 3D graphics for my boutique.

JustKay
01-16-15, 12:38 AM
Great! I wanted to get people to say what they didn't want to happen too! I personally don't like RS2 either. I've already hit the level 17 mark and have stopped playing and deleted the apps already :D

I would also much rather see FS live on til eternity, even with all it's faults right now, if that was at all likely. I've gone through the slow start to build up a store to a reasonable level 3 times already! Would hate to have to start from scratch yet another time.

CuteTali
01-16-15, 12:54 AM
Great! I wanted to get people to say what they didn't want to happen too! I personally don't like RS2 either. I've already hit the level 17 mark and have stopped playing and deleted the apps already :D

I would also much rather see FS live on til eternity, even with all it's faults right now, if that was at all likely. I've gone through the slow start to build up a store to a reasonable level 3 times already! Would hate to have to start from scratch yet another time.

Exactly! :D

AuntyRose32
01-16-15, 07:11 AM
No. Please don't remake Fashion Story. I really really don't like Restaurant Story 2 and Farm Story 2. The real original games are soo much more fun to play. I'm trying really hard to get RS2 leveled enough for my few measly gems so I can delete it already. I can't stand the gameplay in it.

Having to constantly go and buy groceries and only be able to hold 1-2 at a time, limited inventory (so annoying), everything quests ask you to buy costing in the 1000's and 10,000's, where what you make off food is in the 10's and 100's, expansions that only expand in one direction at a time, having to wait on parts that drop randomly instead of what you actually need etc etc. Sorry to say this, but in my opinion, it's a horrible game, I wouldn't want my original Fashion Story to get to that too.

The only good feature in this game is when you buy a certain style of tile/wallpaper, you get to keep it, no matter how big your shop gets, instead of having to buy 100's of individual tiles of each style. Also the application of wallpaper/tiles styles is very easy and convenient. They could just add this feature to the regular bakery/restaurant/fashion shops. I wouldn't want those choppy/pixely/childish 3D graphics for my boutique.

Yep agreed. No FS2 at all would be the best thing.

Natasha_07
01-16-15, 10:29 AM
Why have a new FS2 when you can IMPROVE original FS.

orleansparish
01-16-15, 02:14 PM
I don't think fashion story 2 HAS to happen. If it aint broke dont fix it. They can add simple new features and additions to the original fashion.

Like a 2nd and 3rd floor. The ability to move clothes off lf racks to another. More goals. 3d displays, like a fountain with water actually splashing about. Change the customers clothes for petes sake!

And on and on. Farm 2 is a hit because the graphics are stunning and the game interactive once you get used to it. While i miss the plain farm, it was just one dimensional. I love the animals moving around now. And im sure more crops and perhaps flowers will come, that we may be able to sell.

Imagine growing roses and making a rose bouquet that takes 5 hours and you need 10 of them for train orders!

The most basic changes would make the older fashion players love it more and perhaps interest new ones scrolling for games.

But i dont see myself ever getting tired. The decisions are endless. I still have soooooo many clothes to master. Boxes to open. Displays to play with.

JustKay
01-17-15, 01:02 AM
Animated displays would be awesome! I think my phone can handle it seeing as it's run CS fine for many years. True, I would prefer to see TL upgrade FS with new features, over introducing a new game. That way we get to keep all our items and progress so far.

The counter logic is that people spend the most amount of money in the early stages when they really want to speed up their progress to get the cooler items. Once you have a big enough store going, I only feel the need to spend gems when something special is released.

orleansparish
01-17-15, 10:09 AM
Animated displays would be awesome! I think my phone can handle it seeing as it's run CS fine for many years. True, I would prefer to see TL upgrade FS with new features, over introducing a new game. That way we get to keep all our items and progress so far.

The counter logic is that people spend the most amount of money in the early stages when they really want to speed up their progress to get the cooler items. Once you have a big enough store going, I only feel the need to spend gems when something special is released.

I have no idea why they haven't gotten the idea to release animated items and charge us a few extra gems. Some may not be able to handle it but I'm sure most could. Their devices I mean. I've been fully expanded for over a year. But I still spend hugely on gems because it's the endless possibilities with displays that you can always use in your shop.

I used to grow bored with having all my 1st and 2nd place displays being out at once. Now with limiting them based on a color scheme, no one can ever say the game is dull.

And it's the folks with higher level that I see using the most real money. Although for the first time I saw a level 35 shop, fully expanded and with hundreds of racks of clothes. Seemed odd. It's been so long so I don't know if all expansions are unlocked by that time. But girlfriend was serious!

I may take advantage for my 2nd shop and expand some more. I adore the look of those super small shops that can handle one display. You can really make your place pop with color. And all these ladies and gents do amazing jobs. I wish I could make one of my shops smaller. But I didn't see those ideas until later. I'm Stuck in between.

Another idea is upgradable displays. I'm a huge fashion story nerd and fanatic so Id always dream about it. Don't judge!

But what about something like the makeup case...we buy it, then can upgrade it to unlock more makeup to order. The more we upgrade, be it with gems or parts from neighbors or ordering clothes, the more grand it becomes. Again with a girl at the counter moving as a customer walks up to decide what to buy.

I saw a game that doesn't have stunning graphics like fashion. But they have elevators for additional floors. This is my top wish for the game. Even if it's unlocked with only gems Id still bite.

Listen to us people, make it happen!

CuteTali
01-18-15, 12:20 AM
^ No thanks to all these suggestions from the post above. Animated displays would turn me off right away, it is so annoying and aggrevating, just like people with animated gif avatars (thankfully TL blocks that for us).

I also really dislike the who upgrading thing. They have it both in farm story 2 and in restaurant story too. It makes one feel like they never really get anywhere like that.

Just let Fashion Story be as it is, don't change a thing, besides adding a checkbox for "gift all neighbours" at once.