PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 12/31

PepperWoo
12-30-14, 04:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GwRDnbr.jpg

Not much of a fan of steampunk stuff but I will get the pastry display if it's for coins.

filochick1982
12-30-14, 04:28 PM
I think the colours used here could go well with the other coffee items. I collect the display cases so will definitely be buying that...

orleansparish
12-30-14, 04:35 PM
I loved the steampunk stuff on RS. This doesn't look so bad, but would be perfect if there were new recipes. I like the fountain but have no place to put it and would probably not spend gems getting one. Though I agree, it would look great with a brown, coffee, cafe, bakers square theme.

rosewaterlily
12-30-14, 04:47 PM
I collect the food display cases too since they actually belong in a bakery (except for the drink display that I don't like as much and the Japanese one that has the same food as the porcelain one and the expired one which wouldn't represent my bakery too well). Hopefully it won't be too expensive. The fountain seems like it has the same template as the candy cane one. I like but don't love those fountains enough to spend gems since I like the many fountains I already have more.

filochick1982
12-30-14, 05:12 PM
I'm not a huge fountain fan because they don't really belong in a bakery but if it's really pretty eg Lotus Fountain or Candy Cane Fountain, then I make an exception.

LavaRain8
12-30-14, 05:13 PM
I kind of need to see the wallpaper and flooring to say how I really feel about this. If it has really awesome wallpaper and flooring, I'd be willing to make it work (if reasonably priced). Otherwise, it's OK, not bad, not "must have" for me. I really hate when they leave stuff out of these teasers though, but it's only one more day I suppose.

chewytwix
12-30-14, 05:23 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is gross looking?

LalaSmooth
12-30-14, 05:38 PM
Nope. I hate it too.. It's tacky

sbratprincess
12-30-14, 05:48 PM
Not a fan of this update

jandtandn
12-30-14, 05:50 PM

No. The fountain reminds me of a submarine.

Sb1957
12-30-14, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't say that much, but it's not what I expected at all!!! Is.......boring. We'll have to wait till next week, uffffff!!

Nope. I hate it too.. It's tacky

Sb1957
12-30-14, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't say that much, but it's not what I expected at all!!! Is.......boring. We'll have to wait till next week, uffffff!!

sls0991
12-30-14, 06:00 PM
It might be nice for any boys that play this game or for anyone that likes the steampunk stuff. It's actually not the worst update I've seen in BS, so I'll give it that. I probably won't be purchasing anything either except maybe the display case, because you can't really tell that it would be out of place without this theme.

I've personally had enough of winter, so any early Valentine stuff would be great for me!

ElaineCarrel
12-30-14, 06:08 PM
I don't like this update at all. It's so ugly.

CuteTali
12-30-14, 06:19 PM
I don't like this update at all.

filochick1982
12-30-14, 06:40 PM
It's no worse than all that pirate rubbish we received before. Or space. Or the musical stuff. Or Dragon. Or airplane. Or hockey. Or bowling.

Definitely not the worst update.

At least this stuff can be worked with the coffee items because of the similar colours. I also think it could be put to good use for St Patrick's Day. Use your imagination people!

orleansparish
12-30-14, 06:47 PM
It's no worse than all that pirate rubbish we received before. Or space. Or the musical stuff.

Definitely not the worst update.

At least this stuff can be worked with the coffee items because of the similar colours. I also think it could be put to good use for St Patrick's Day. Use your imagination people!

I'm one of the few people who actually loved the musical goals! Being from new orleans the recipes were spot on and the rewards actually cute. This is no where near the worst as you've said. That would belong to the pirate foolishness and dragon stuff. I could even pick the kiddy princess stuff as being uglier than this. And I'm a huge pink lover.

filochick1982
12-30-14, 06:50 PM
I'm one of the few people who actually loved the musical goals! Being from new orleans the recipes were spot on and the rewards actually cute. This is no where near the worst as you've said. That would belong to the pirate foolishness and dragon stuff. I could even pick the kiddy princess stuff as being uglier than this. And I'm a huge pink lover.

If I had to pick the least bad update, I would pick the musical stuff because at least you could pretend you provided live music in your bakery while your customers sipped on their lattes and ate your baked goods. But pirates? Bowling? Dragons? Hockey? Nope!

mergirl96
12-30-14, 06:58 PM
I love steampunk and really wanted to see a steampunk theme, but I like the RS items way more than these. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle with this. Though I do notice that Bakery seemed to have two updates in one week but we're still getting an update tomorrow but Fashion is not...

alexnfriends
12-30-14, 07:13 PM
I hope that I'm looking at a SP display case! So very Cool! I love SP! YAY! 👍👍👍

Natasha_07
12-30-14, 07:18 PM
I don't like gears, they remind me of grease. But I have a thing for display cases (except the expired one, that thing is ewww) so I'm probably getting this one.

pcancda
12-30-14, 07:36 PM
Wow,so ugly update.

dianeupside
12-31-14, 04:52 AM
Lol. Yes its ugly!! Happy New Years Eve to all.

taoyingying
12-31-14, 08:05 AM
Steam punk is one of my favorite themes so I'm quite happy to see this update (btw I'm a girl ^_^). However, I would think a new year theme is more proper for today's update. It would please more players for sure, and for heaven's sake it's once a year opportunity! So I really don't understand why they decided to push a steam punk update at this moment...

BTW, I just checked RS update, because some of you mentioned it's better than BS. Sorry I have to disagree. The space theme is sooo last decade and quite childish IMHO

irlanda_c
12-31-14, 10:10 AM
ugly and totally unrelated! And guess what? A fountain!!! Lol
So...moving to next year's update =p

I had to google steampunk, I only hope we dont get that anytime on FS!

LavaRain8
12-31-14, 12:07 PM
The wall and floor clocks are pretty nice. But no wallpaper or flooring at all. So definitely a pass for the theme overall, but the display case and fountain did look nice as well. Oh well, saving some coins & gems is probably best.

LadyZhenJi
12-31-14, 12:13 PM
I don't mind the update...it just left me a bit underwhelmed.

pipipooh1977
12-31-14, 12:25 PM
No recipe? I'm sick and tired of baking RVC over and over for weeks now.....ugh! Come on TL give us new recipes.....my star rating is slowly dropping in bs....getting severely bored! YAWN....

Update is ok, bought the floor and wall clock. Also a few chairs, but 5 gems for a table is too steep IMO.

steelersbabyyy
12-31-14, 12:34 PM
do they usually give you a gem sale for new years eve and new years day?

srg70
12-31-14, 12:46 PM
Not liking this update. At least I won't be spending coins this week. I'm trying to buy my last expansion $60million! I keep getting to $51million and then the goals come round and I spend way too much......lol! I'm right at $50mill again so no spending for me this week!

rita6834
12-31-14, 01:54 PM
No recipe? I'm sick and tired of baking RVC over and over for weeks now.....ugh! Come on TL give us new recipes.....my star rating is slowly dropping in bs....getting severely bored! YAWN....

Update is ok, bought the floor and wall clock. Also a few chairs, but 5 gems for a table is too steep IMO.
I totally agree

rosewaterlily
12-31-14, 02:47 PM
Okay update but I have to admit to feeling a little wary at the price of the display case after seeing virtually everything I got for gems this year return for cheaper on Black Friday. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but in no hurry to turn my bakery to a brown theme anytime soon, which is where it would fit best.

D2Fly
12-31-14, 03:03 PM
so disappointed in the steam pump update.. wish there would of been more food added to cook or bring back the tea kettle stove an ovens I see so many others being able to build.. sometimes Android sux! :(

natalienat518
12-31-14, 09:07 PM

You're sick of baking RVC over and over again, while I'm sick of not being able to catch my breath from the release of recipes one after another. I wish one day I can bake RVC again and again when I can master everything.

filochick1982
12-31-14, 09:57 PM
I think 6 new recipes per month via goals is more than enough to keep players busy. Then again, I only buy 5 of each new goal appliance so it takes me a week to complete goals to get the final prize, and probably another week and a half to master all 6 recipes. By the time I feel like baking again, there are another 6 new recipes from the new goal for the month.

I've currently mastered all the recipes again including the Christmas ones, I've sold out all my RVC but I dont want to bake any more til all my current food is closed to being sold out. I hate having so much food on counters. Been there, done that and don't ever want that problem again!

orleansparish
01-01-15, 02:39 AM
I get way more than five appliances and it takes more than a week to master. I'm lazy, people! I still have one recipe on the halloween oven, four from the thanksgiving ones I believe and four from the xmas ones to master. But I can't cook because I'm saving money. I need to get rid of some counters of food, save coins and then make space for a few appliances. My recent decor had me not taking into consideration, the fact I stored all my dang stoves. Now I can't fit them anywhere.

I just hope we get some really nice pretty pink items. I don't remember last years valentines goals...but hint, hint, a return of the love muffins would be nice. The goals from two years ago were amazing. The corner booth looked like a box item. Not cheap and "plastic" like some goals rewards can be sometimes.

The items this week look like knockoffs from the RS steampunk recipes. Totally not worth gems. But I'm sure I'll see some dude with about 20 of them. Or the couple girls I've seen with three of those awful dragons in their shops. Now I love dragon story but it's a bit much in a bakery. Unless it's wearing a frilly tutu and shooting cupcakes out of its mouth, stay away!

pieandcream
01-01-15, 07:16 AM
not impressed with update. only thing worthwhile was the standing steampunk clock.
25gems for case is too much. 16 would be fair...tops 18, but not 25.
not worth it.

pipipooh1977
01-01-15, 10:24 AM
TL assumes EVERYBODY will do goals, but a lot of players don't do every goal that comes along. I and several other players I personally know don't do holiday goals, so it will be weeks that we have no new recipes. So 6 recipes at goal time might be ok for some players but not everyone. If TL would start doing seasonal goals not holiday themed goals then EVERYONE could and most likely would do them. If players want holiday decor TL can release those as a weekly update but not making the goals Holiday themed. That would be the smartest way of doing it. Smart and logical...come on TL....smart and logical...hint hint.....

filochick1982
01-01-15, 01:53 PM
Clearly you don't want new recipes THAT badly if you refuse to do some goals to get them. If it was me, I'd do the goals just to unlock all the recipes. The prizes would just be an added bonus. I don't understand your constant complaints with holiday anything. Obviously there is some religious reason for it but I have no religion nor do I celebrate any of the holidays (except Christmas in a non-religious way) that TL caters to and yet I see no issue with doing the goals and getting the prizes. My personal life and beliefs don't mix with this game because it's just a time waster to me. Each to their own.

TL assumes EVERYBODY will do goals, but a lot of players don't do every goal that comes along. I and several other players I personally know don't do holiday goals, so it will be weeks that we have no new recipes. So 6 recipes at goal time might be ok for some players but not everyone. If TL would start doing seasonal goals not holiday themed goals then EVERYONE could and most likely would do them. If players want holiday decor TL can release those as a weekly update but not making the goals Holiday themed. That would be the smartest way of doing it. Smart and logical...come on TL....smart and logical...hint hint.....

cherice360
01-02-15, 01:50 PM
I think it's cool but I wouldn't spend the gems on the fountain either. But I do like the look to the stuff it all fits in perfectly to my bakery. I wish the table wasn't made to be sold for so Many gems or I would have gotten more of them.

ps4610
01-04-15, 09:31 PM

Yeah... I'm not a fan of this either

lauraleighashby
01-04-15, 11:45 PM
I love SP but actually have my restaurant done in that theme...not doing the same for the bakery...do like the tables and stools....have yet go look at the clocks...agree that the fountain is not really attractive but then from what I have seen (fairly new player), not really a fan of any of them.

AnnasCoffee
01-05-15, 05:45 PM
Ugh ... I just thought of something, we didn't get wallpaper, floor tiles or recipes. I hope we DON'T get week 2 of Steam Punk on Wednesday.

larissa2k
01-06-15, 05:41 AM

It's supply and demand and what the demand is holiday goals their a business and a successful business caters to the needs of the customers.Team lava has done quite a few weeks of seasonal based items to those who don't celebrate holidays and other than the Christmas goal Halloween and thanksgiving goal was very non seasonal based so one goal can and should be holiday based it's bad enough they don't do Easter goals

larissa2k
01-06-15, 05:47 AM
What is steam punk?