PDA

View Full Version : Street market.

srg70
12-30-14, 02:22 PM
I'm trying to decide between opening the garden patch or the street market. Can someone tell me what each one does? Thanks!

Edit(KP)

You will need 4x Wood Planks, 3x Blueprints, and 8x Nails. Cyd the Construction Worker will drop these items when he visits your Restaurant and you tap on him. It's a place you can go to buy ingredients to spent your extra coins - like beef, potatoes, bread, etc.

morningstarguitar
12-30-14, 03:50 PM
I'm trying to decide between opening the garden patch or the street market. Can someone tell me what each one does? Thanks!

The street market will offer you a random ingredient to buy, at an inflated price, and will refresh every ten minutes or so. There are more slots that can be unlocked for more random ingredients.

The garden patch enables you to grow basil and garlic (and later other herbs) on your own, rather than waiting for drops from the little gardener lady that comes to your restaurant. These herbs let you make spices at the spice station, which take an hour to make and increase the gold per serving of a dish by 1.

IMO, neither are really fantastic or all that exciting, so pick whichever one sounds like it would help you out the most :P

mamareader02
12-30-14, 04:39 PM
I like the street market just for the reason it sometimes has long waiting times items available

srg70
12-30-14, 05:21 PM
Ok, thank you.

Aernak
12-30-14, 05:36 PM
Thanks for this info. I was wondering also.

eline183
12-31-14, 01:30 AM
Just a suggestion, i followed the order of the goals showing up. The garden popped up first, so i did that one first, in the meantime i placed the spice station. then i repaired the market. It worked out great this way.

Bauxjangles
01-01-15, 04:26 AM
Oh thank goodness someone asked this question. I was searching around hoping that someone was in the same boat I am. I think I'm going to go for the market as well, but it was almost a no-brainer for me because I haven't bought a spice station yet and I am impatient and would love to have a chance to purchase some ingredients that take a while to stock.

Quick question, though: How inflated are we talking? Will some of the hour+ ingredients be in the high hundreds? That doesn't seem to make sense, considering most dishes don't make that much money, but I wouldn't be surprised so I thought I'd ask...

MiniLaura
01-01-15, 06:15 AM
Quick question, though: How inflated are we talking?

not quite double the price. Right now I have pasta for 6 coins, pasta for 7, and a tomato for 3. (obviously, I'm not buying any of that!) The items in the market refresh every 10ish minutes. (I don't know the exact refresh time.)

elizabetheva
01-01-15, 10:16 AM
I'm about to level up and I'm curious if anyone knows what parts the street market will need so I can start hoarding my tools ;)

WinnyWoos
01-01-15, 08:20 PM
I'm about to level up and I'm curious if anyone knows what parts the street market will need so I can start hoarding my tools ;)

For the Garden: 5 nails and 5 wood planks

Street Market: 8 nails, 4 wood planks and 3 expansion papers

Hope that helps:)

deucedeuce22
01-01-15, 09:23 PM
Street market refreshes 10 minutes after you check it, not every 10 minutes. It doesn't refresh while you are not playing. It is also really amazing for getting good ingredients on a short timer, it's definitely a must have when you hit 17. I gemmed the last few boards for the expansion and don't regret it all.

Yummmmmmies
01-02-15, 01:27 AM
The street market is a great expansion. It can save you from waiting hours for fresh ingredients to respawn. It doesn't take too many parts to open up more market baskets either. I love the street market.

bawpotter
01-06-15, 08:49 PM
What is the street market? What are the material costs to repair it? And what can you buy from it?

Thanks!

PhyllisWydra
01-07-15, 11:09 AM
I git the street market but when I purchase food. Where does food go? It's not in my shelf. It's nowhere I can see. Can you please explain how market works and tell me where all the food is that I spent cash on. Thank you

FrozenTurtle
01-07-15, 11:37 AM
What is the street market? What are the material costs to repair it? And what can you buy from it?

Thanks!

You will need 4x Wood Planks, 3x Blueprints, and 8x Nails. Cyd the Construction Worker will drop these items when he visits your Restaurant and you tap on him. It's a place you can go to buy ingredients to spent your extra coins - like beef, potatoes, bread, etc.

I git the street market but when I purchase food. Where does food go? It's not in my shelf. It's nowhere I can see. Can you please explain how market works and tell me where all the food is that I spent cash on. Thank you

Your food goes into your pantry (the shelf). Be sure to check before and after you buy the item - if there's a problem with the item going into your pantry, please let us know. Thanks!

JustKay
01-07-15, 09:15 PM
I wonder why they didn't make the street market like the sale stand in Farm Story 2. You can put items up for sale and buy items from other people that they've put up for sale. It seems like a waste to just dump items from your inventory when you need space more than you need them.

ghjvcucjb
01-08-15, 12:34 PM
I wish I had never unlocked cucumbers. I have no recipe calling for cucumbers but my market place has only offered cucumbers and bread or eggs all morning. I don't want cucumber or bread or eggs. I NEED the long timed vegetables for recipes I actually have.

WinnyWoos
01-08-15, 12:36 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with getting at least 1 cucumber every single time??

WinnyWoos
01-08-15, 12:37 PM
I wish I had never unlocked cucumbers. I have no recipe calling for cucumbers but my market place has only offered cucumbers and bread or eggs all morning. I don't want cucumber or bread or eggs. I NEED the long timed vegetables for recipes I actually have.

LOL! Guess that's a yes!

ghjvcucjb
01-08-15, 12:38 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with getting at least 1 cucumber every single time??
Right now I have 2 cucumbers and 2 breads. Last time it was 3 cucumbers and an egg. Before that was a cucumber etc.

ghjvcucjb
01-08-15, 12:39 PM
LOL! Guess that's a yes!

Lol! I think I'm following you around the threads right now!

WinnyWoos
01-08-15, 12:45 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny that we posted about the same things pretty much at the same time!

FrozenTurtle
01-08-15, 01:07 PM

At level 24, Cucumbers can be used at the Deli Station to make a Cucumber Sandwich. I've also shared your feedback with the team, regarding the frequency of the Cucumber appearing in the Street Market. Thanks!

mamareader02
01-08-15, 02:32 PM
At level 24, Cucumbers can be used at the Deli Station to make a Cucumber Sandwich. I've also shared your feedback with the team, regarding the frequency of the Cucumber appearing in the Street Market. Thanks!

Yeah,too many cucumbers in the market,since the market requires many hard to get parts,why can't more onions,green peppers,potatoes and salmon be offered?im hesitant to go beyond the four spaces I do have because most of the time only easy to get ingredients are there

WinnyWoos
01-08-15, 08:21 PM
Yeah,too many cucumbers in the market,since the market requires many hard to get parts,why can't more onions,green peppers,potatoes and salmon be offered?im hesitant to go beyond the four spaces I do have because most of the time only easy to get ingredients are there

Yea I agree, I had 2 but decided to go for 3 but leveled up about the same time and I've regretted it ever since. Tonight along with 2 cucumbers, I now have mayo in my street market. An ingredient I can't even use and not because I haven't unlocked a recipe or not bought an appliance because I have done all the above. Very aggravating.

Street Market has become completely useless for me. Just an FYI to anyone who is on the fence about it....

Yummmmmmies
01-08-15, 11:58 PM
I'm getting the same thing; 2-3 cucumbers for my 5 baskets pretty consistently. They need to rebalance this.

infinitelove19
01-09-15, 06:40 AM
I just got 4/4 slots containing mayo.

Seriously?

I do occasionally get salmon, and when all I had unlocked on my deli was the BLT & cucumber sandwich I actually appreciated cucumbers in my market. These days, notsomuch. With limited counter space & ample supply of mayo I mostly stick with the tuna sandwich.

nancydrew88
01-09-15, 08:26 AM
Question - are we going to be able to sell ingredients / tools in the street market? Like in Farm Story 2? If so, at which level and if not, can this be added in the future?

WinnyWoos
01-09-15, 06:31 PM
I really hope they rebalance the street market soon. If not then it's not worth it to get it. And def not worth the tools needed to open more slots when we get the same ingredients all the time and mostly the same exact one in ALL the slots. But I will say this, just remembered....I did have a pasta and egg thrown in there. Lucky me right! Ugh:(

24girl
01-11-15, 09:49 AM
I have the same issue. 2 out of 3 slots are always cucumbers since yesterday. It's ****ing me!

enaid03
01-11-15, 11:34 AM
Here is what I noticed.

Around the same time of the start of the cucumber crisis (which I had not unlocked at the time) my market went from being fantastic, to tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, etc. All small time refresh items. Gone were potatoes, broccoli, onions, anything from butcher etc.

Now that I have unlocked cucumbers, I'm seeing lots of cucumbers and tomatoes and cheese. At least 2 of 5 slots are cucumbers, and the other 2 are typically tomatoes.

So perhaps its not that the cucumbers are going nuts, I think they tweaked the availability of items, and it was just more noticeable for people with cucumbers.

My street market has gone from great to blah.

srg70
01-12-15, 08:31 PM
I wish I'd seen this talk about cucumbers earlier! I've unlocked them today and my market is flooded with them!! It's made my market useless:( I have 4 slots open and was going to open more but there is just no point! 2-3 slots are usually cucumbers.

srg70
01-13-15, 09:54 AM
The invasion of cucumbers really needs to be looked at. I have been on my game 3 times this morning and each time my market is filled with cucumbers!! The market is unless now:(

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/d2d829538384824b966d765800472497.jpg

kooky panda
01-13-15, 11:37 AM
This has been reported to the team. (not a glitch)

srg70
01-13-15, 08:53 PM
This has been reported to the team. (not a glitch)

Thanks.

I'm on level 23 and can make cucumber sandwiches. I still don't need so many though!

HarunaMin
01-13-15, 09:18 PM
I find it interesting that my cucumbers look different than yours, mine are "uncut"...

The invasion of cucumbers really needs to be looked at. I have been on my game 3 times this morning and each time my market is filled with cucumbers!! The market is unless now:(

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/d2d829538384824b966d765800472497.jpg

rosewaterlily
01-14-15, 01:57 AM
I have three mayonnaise in my three street market slots. It's basically the cucumber and mayonnaise market now.

mamareader02
01-14-15, 05:44 AM
Won't be opening up any more slots until more needed items are put in market at a better rate

deucedeuce22
01-14-15, 08:34 AM
Could anyone list all the recipes that need cucumbers? I didn't learn the ingredient after reading all these posts, and also because it doesn't look like they are really needed until at least the level 27 salads.

srg70
01-14-15, 08:58 AM
Could anyone list all the recipes that need cucumbers? I didn't learn the ingredient after reading all these posts, and also because it doesn't look like they are really needed until at least the level 27 salads.

I'm on level 23 and I need them for cucumber sandwiches. I think they are worth making as you get 5 coins each sandwich. The recipe takes 40 mins and is made on the deli station.
Cucumbers take an hour to restock, but we still do not need them taking over the market. I opened up again this morning and had them in 3 of my 4 slots again. I will not be opening more slots till it's sorted out. I used gems for one of my slots and it was a total waste!

deucedeuce22
01-14-15, 09:33 AM
Cucumber sandwiches have zero value to me, I make tuna or blts which are more efficient considering unlocking cucumbers ruins the street market. At level 27 both of the salads look like they need cucumbers, just want confirmation on that because I'll definitely need to unlock cucumbers by then.

fatbearsecondary
01-14-15, 10:31 AM
Yep, same cucumber problem as everyone else. Wish I'd been as smart as deuce and not unlocked them...

ongakuonna
01-14-15, 11:14 AM
Cucumber sandwiches have zero value to me, I make tuna or blts which are more efficient considering unlocking cucumbers ruins the street market. At level 27 both of the salads look like they need cucumbers, just want confirmation on that because I'll definitely need to unlock cucumbers by then.

Cobb Salad takes 3 lettuce, 3 chicken and 3 eggs
Greek Salad takes 2 cucumber, 2 tomato, 2 onions

Also - I had experienced an over abundance of cucumbers in my shop when they were first unlocked but after leveling past them and unlocking more items I saw them less and less. Now they are there only once in awhile. I think this will be much less of an issue for everyone when there is a wider variety of items for the "random street shop generator" to pull from. At least I hope that is the case for all of you, as it has been for me.

deucedeuce22
01-14-15, 12:44 PM
Cobb Salad takes 3 lettuce, 3 chicken and 3 eggs
Greek Salad takes 2 cucumber, 2 tomato, 2 onions

Also - I had experienced an over abundance of cucumbers in my shop when they were first unlocked but after leveling past them and unlocking more items I saw them less and less. Now they are there only once in awhile. I think this will be much less of an issue for everyone when there is a wider variety of items for the "random street shop generator" to pull from. At least I hope that is the case for all of you, as it has been for me.

That's the information I needed to get. By level 27, a few more ingredients are unlocked and so a greater pool for the street market to draw off. Maybe I'll unlock cucumbers then, or maybe I'll hold off even longer. Thanks for the information! ��

fatbearsecondary
01-15-15, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I'd never have unlocked them if I knew this was going to be the result, it's just ridiculous.

My new theory: when you unlock cucumbers, they reserve the first spot in the market. It seems to me (can anyone else confirm?) that the first spot in my market is now ALWAYS cucumbers. Then, the rest of the market is chosen randomly (but maybe weighted towards cucumbers as well? Ugh, there are so many!!) But basically, it lessens the spots we have available by one, because instead of 4 random items, I now get 3 + 1 cucumber.

Any reason it should be this way, TL?

Additionally, I'm now lvl 24 (so no longer 233 and just unlocked them) and still getting cucumber overload...

enaid03
01-15-15, 09:22 AM
Not sure if it helps, but I unlocked mayonnaise. Another one of those don't unlock items until you need it.

My market really now is more mayo and less cucumbers, but I've been seeing more of the items I want again. And often no cucumbers now. Just got some onions, so I'm happier.

fatbearsecondary
01-15-15, 09:42 AM
Not sure if it helps, but I unlocked mayonnaise. Another one of those don't unlock items until you need it.

My market really now is more mayo and less cucumbers, but I've been seeing more of the items I want again. And often no cucumbers now. Just got some onions, so I'm happier.

Oh onions, how I long for thee... How many hours until your sweet return? It brings tears to my eyes, really.

fenrost
01-15-15, 06:34 PM
well i am always inundated with cucumber and mayo nowadays... and currently i only have got 1 recipe for each ingredient that needs them. terrible.

srg70
01-16-15, 06:29 AM
well i am always inundated with cucumber and mayo nowadays... and currently i only have got 1 recipe for each ingredient that needs them. terrible.

I'm at level 24 and I can unlock mayo but I can't use it in any recipes till level 25. After seeing this I don't think I'll unlock it yet!

WinnyWoos
01-16-15, 12:20 PM
I'm at level 24 and I can unlock mayo but I can't use it in any recipes till level 25. After seeing this I don't think I'll unlock it yet!

No don't!! I made that mistake and couldn't even use mayo cause although I had the deli, I didn't have my seafood shop so couldn't get the tuna needed for the Tuna Sandwich. Level 30 and still the only recipe that requires mayo.

I can't figure it out tbh. With the cucumbers then when I unlocked mayo and now there's literally sometimes nothing but mayo in my slots which is RIDICULOUS considering there ONE recipe thus far that even needs it....and when I unlocked something else I figured the street market would be swarmed with it now but nope....still mayo. Which really sucks cause I wouldn't mind my new item swarming the market but nope of course not! Lol.

At this rate, I see no reason in wasting my tools on more slots for that thing. Classic TL move, took a good thing and now ruining it:rolleyes:

WinnyWoos
01-16-15, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I'd never have unlocked them if I knew this was going to be the result, it's just ridiculous.

My new theory: when you unlock cucumbers, they reserve the first spot in the market. It seems to me (can anyone else confirm?) that the first spot in my market is now ALWAYS cucumbers. Then, the rest of the market is chosen randomly (but maybe weighted towards cucumbers as well? Ugh, there are so many!!) But basically, it lessens the spots we have available by one, because instead of 4 random items, I now get 3 + 1 cucumber.

Any reason it should be this way, TL?

Additionally, I'm now lvl 24 (so no longer 233 and just unlocked them) and still getting cucumber overload...

Try to do what I did to make the best of it (until you get mayo) and make lots and lots of cucumber sandwiches! Lol I know, I know it's not funny:(

tiggerhobbes
01-18-15, 02:57 AM
I actually enjoyed the certainty while it lasted -- I didn't need to worry about keeping enough cuke in my storage or buying all and then deleting some to make sure the store restock right away. I knew I could count on my street market.

Sadly you lose that certainty after you unlock mayo. Which is really annoying, I got caught out a few times and had to leave my appliances idle because street market mysteriously stopped giving me cucumbers every turn.

The reason you pay so much more to upgrade restock capacity is because you get certainty and you get to plan your workflow. Having some certainty in the street market actually was a very good thing for me.

DrP4ever
01-19-15, 12:44 AM
Are you kidding me? 17790

WinnyWoos
01-19-15, 11:01 AM
Are you kidding me? 17790

Yikes!!! This is why I'm holding off on more slots in street market although I would love to have more than 3 but if they all fill up with the same item, what's the point?? Ugh!

DrP4ever
01-21-15, 03:17 AM
Now I need potatoes and not one shows up in my stand. Ridiculous when it takes hours to get one and you need 3 for potato soup and 4 for stew and I think I have to make 4 of each. It makes no sense that in over 24 hours not a single potato has shown up in the stand. Opened another slot to see if that would help but absolutely no difference. Bought everything in the stand, no difference.

Buttercup0001
01-22-15, 07:23 PM
I think TL may have fixed up the cucumber issue in street market. For the last few hours I have been getting an assortment of items to purchase. Steak, chicken, capsicum, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, eggs, cheese, flour and sugar cubes. Though my 1st slot has always got a cucumber in it.
Just thought I'd let players know and hoping that the street market is the same for all.

dalexxx
01-22-15, 10:17 PM
Yikes im in the same boat, unlocked cucumbers couple o f days ago and it infested my market. I got 4 slots on my market and i get atleast 2 cucumbers each refresh. Is this a bug? Cucumber buggggg

FrozenTurtle
01-23-15, 12:47 PM
Thanks for continuing to provide your feedback! Ive been sharing this with the team. :)

hegs65
01-27-15, 11:21 AM
I don't get it. I opened the street market but none of the food goes into my pantry. Do you have to have a certain sized pantry?

hegs65
01-27-15, 11:38 AM
Look in your recipe book. If you tap on the picture, the ingredients show up.

FrozenTurtle
01-27-15, 02:01 PM
I don't get it. I opened the street market but none of the food goes into my pantry. Do you have to have a certain sized pantry?

Make sure you have the correct tab selected in the Pantry. We recently added the Tool Box which is accessible from within the Pantry. You are free to toggle between the two tabs. Hope this helps!

savoirFare73
02-04-15, 06:21 PM
When I purchase items from the street market my inventory doesn't increase. What's the point in buying items that don't increase your inventory???

WinnyWoos
02-04-15, 08:20 PM
When I purchase items from the street market my inventory doesn't increase. What's the point in buying items that don't increase your inventory???

Normally the items do. I would probably send an email to support because the items are suppose to go in your pantry. Otherwise your right, there wouldn't be a point to it. Hope it's fixed for you soon!

cquinn32
02-04-15, 09:21 PM
Ok so I have six slots open in my market and was saving up parts for the fruit market. I noticed if I upgrade the street market again and if I'm reading it right it says it will open three more slots in one upgrade is this true?

mbosch0516
02-06-15, 05:46 AM
Wish I could expand my market,but I have no hammers. Where do they come from?

deucedeuce22
02-06-15, 07:13 AM
Ok so I have six slots open in my market and was saving up parts for the fruit market. I noticed if I upgrade the street market again and if I'm reading it right it says it will open three more slots in one upgrade is this true?

Yes the next street market upgrade is 9 slots.

queentina3
02-06-15, 07:21 AM
Wish I could expand my market,but I have no hammers. Where do they come from?

Cid drops all necessary supplies for upgrading but shovels and hammers are a rarity from him. I've yet to receive a shovel and I'm almost at level 23. :(

cquinn32
02-06-15, 08:12 AM
Yes the next street market upgrade is 9 slots.

Thank you!!

tayjsmith2
04-30-15, 07:09 AM
When I purchase items from my street market they do not go to my pantry. Where do they go or is this a glitch?

patelc
02-18-17, 06:43 PM
The stock I purchase does not go into my pantry. Where does it go?

Rynetory2
02-19-17, 04:51 AM
The stock I purchase does not go into my pantry. Where does it go?

It goes into your pantry. Can you check again or purchase another item and see if it's there?