PDA

View Full Version : RS2 beats RS1 in my opinion :-):-)

eline183
12-30-14, 02:42 AM
i like this game better then RS1.
Although i don't like the very limited gifting, i love that there is only one kind of gift. In RS1 you also couldn't choose yourself what to gift. You're neighbors told you that (most of them). Leaving you with a notebook next to your phone/ipad if you wanted to keep those neighbors. If you choose to stick to your own kind of gifting, you better not read your wall, because you risked to read nasty comments about the gift you sended.

I also love the water-cane. It earns more then tips. So i don't understand why i read here that it's a waste of time to give costumers water. Tipping in RS1 is more a wast of time, because only half of the tips you gave, are returned. Plus giving water is stress-free. In Rs1 tipping is too much of a big deal to others. Another rule of a lot of neighbors, next to the gift preference is that a lot wants you to be a regular/daily tipper. Or otherwise ---> delete. The water-cane gives you the coins you want without doing a lot. I truly appreciate that.

Next thing i don't understand what is said here, is that rs2 is only waiting, waiting, waiting... Well, in my opinion rs2 is much more active then rs1. There is a lot to do. In rs1 i was a lot more bored. Next to placing food on your ovens and tipping... There's nothing more to do then waiting.

I don't think it's an issue that you can't keep your counters full. I'm only level 17 and i remember from RS1 that it wasn't different in that early stage. Plus counters are expensive in RS2 on this level, so i'm happy the food sels quickly so i don't have to wait very long to place a dish that isn't on the counters yet. So i can continue cooking fast on that appliance.

I'm very curious how this game evoluates in the future. I think they did a great job making it different then RS1. Which gave me nothing more then stress with the way others wanted you to play your game. It felt more then a second job then a game.. I deleted that game and i am more then happy with RS2. :-)

( this is not my game id, because i don't like to share that, so no need to send an invite :-)..... Another side -effect from RS1 ;-) :-) )

fenrost
12-30-14, 05:33 AM
Irregardless, successful games are measured by the number of players playing the game. looking through the comments, i think majority are seemingly dissatisfied with RS2 experience.

What I can say is the aspect of leisurely enjoy the game like RS1 has been taken away in RS2 - In RS2, it demands more calculation, planning, and idling just to progress the game. The pitfall is when it starts demand the player to login more and more frequently, players are very likely to leave the game sooner.

On hindsight, my criticism about RS series so far is that the narrative is very linear and predictable, maybe because of it's genre, the only interesting aspect is the innovation in the decor that players mix and match. but RS2 has made it far more difficult to be innovative in that aspect because ingredients and tools seem to have dominated the gameplay. Anyhow, there's still not much depth story to it.

I sincerely hope that RS2 could designed where players get to choose their restaurant's direction and path that leads to exclusive recipes/decor because of the choices they make. Just like selecting what class / race of your own character. So the "story" becomes not so all the same. Even old school tamagotchi have such choices!

For instance, buying certain decor can unlock another series of the decors, in addition can be traded with neighbours etc. etc.

mamareader02
12-30-14, 10:58 AM
i like this game better then RS1.
Although i don't like the very limited gifting, i love that there is only one kind of gift. In RS1 you also couldn't choose yourself what to gift. You're neighbors told you that (most of them). Leaving you with a notebook next to your phone/ipad if you wanted to keep those neighbors. If you choose to stick to your own kind of gifting, you better not read your wall, because you risked to read nasty comments about the gift you sended.

I also love the water-cane. It earns more then tips. So i don't understand why i read here that it's a waste of time to give costumers water. Tipping in RS1 is more a wast of time, because only half of the tips you gave, are returned. Plus giving water is stress-free. In Rs1 tipping is too much of a big deal to others. Another rule of a lot of neighbors, next to the gift preference is that a lot wants you to be a regular/daily tipper. Or otherwise ---> delete. The water-cane gives you the coins you want without doing a lot. I truly appreciate that.

Next thing i don't understand what is said here, is that rs2 is only waiting, waiting, waiting... Well, in my opinion rs2 is much more active then rs1. There is a lot to do. In rs1 i was a lot more bored. Next to placing food on your ovens and tipping... There's nothing more to do then waiting.

I don't think it's an issue that you can't keep your counters full. I'm only level 17 and i remember from RS1 that it wasn't different in that early stage. Plus counters are expensive in RS2 on this level, so i'm happy the food sels quickly so i don't have to wait very long to place a dish that isn't on the counters yet. So i can continue cooking fast on that appliance.

I'm very curious how this game evoluates in the future. I think they did a great job making it different then RS1. Which gave me nothing more then stress with the way others wanted you to play your game. It felt more then a second job then a game.. I deleted that game and i am more then happy with RS2. :-)

( this is not my game id, because i don't like to share that, so no need to send an invite :-)..... Another side -effect from RS1 ;-) :-) )

I also deleted RS a loooooonnngggg time ago,just how boring it was.yes,rs2 is more involved,more waiting,but I suppose that's to slow us down and not get bored once you've done all you can(another reason RS went buh bye for me).im really curious about the "up coming" areas,the boat,food truck,and the event area,wish we could get a hint when they will be open/available (hint,hint,TL staff!:)

ghjvcucjb
12-30-14, 11:55 AM
SNIP

I'm more interesting in knowing how you were able to set up an id that's not your real id to post here.

kooky panda
12-30-14, 12:11 PM
I'm more interesting in knowing how you were able to set up an id that's not your real id to post here.
I am not sure if support is still doing it, but a while back they would change your storm Id so it did not match your forum name, but I thought I heard that they are no longer offering this option.
You can try to see if they will change it by sending an email to support@teamlava.com

kooky panda
12-30-14, 12:18 PM
Back to the topic:

I loved RS when it first came out and I played it until I had to close it down because I had too many games to keep up with.

RS is more of a social game and RS 2 is more of a game play game. I think it is a matter of choice .

As stated here, I find that the older games that are geared to be more social take a lot more work due to taking care of your neighbors by returning favors, visiting and posting on walls.
When I was only playing 1-2 Team Lava Games, this was fun , but now that I am trying to manage 4 games plus the forum, my time is more much limited, so prefer playing the games that do not have the strict social requirements. Instead of spending 3-4 hours a day visiting neighbors, I would rather put the time into playing the game.

This game from the start is like all the Team Lava games, - very slow to get up a running. You really have to baby a new TL game until to reach a point where you can be away from the game longer.

So far I am enjoying the challenges and looking forward like Mama R to the unlocking the locked areas!

mamareader02
12-30-14, 12:31 PM
Back to the topic:

I loved RS when it first came out and I played it until I had to close it down because I had too many games to keep up with.

RS is more of a social game and RS 2 is more of a game play game. I think it is a matter of choice .

As stated here, I find that the older games that are geared to be more social take a lot more work due to taking care of your neighbors by returning favors, visiting and posting on walls.
When I was only playing 1-2 Team Lava Games, this was fun , but now that I am trying to manage 4 games plus the forum, my time is more much limited, so prefer playing the games that do not have the strict social requirements. Instead of spending 3-4 hours a day visiting neighbors, I would rather put the time into playing the game.

This game from the start is like all the Team Lava games, - very slow to get up a running. You really have to baby a new TL game until to reach a point where you can be away from the game longer.

So far I am enjoying the challenges and looking forward like Mama R to the unlocking the locked areas!

Exactly-all the social requirements were too much for me-I just want to PLAY my game,not feel forced to social chit chat(though I do visit one or two neighbors just to say hi,but they've been with me for a few years),I play more like kooky,play my game,accept requests from neighbors,but visiting is definitely not guaranteed,I'm only visiting now to level up

ElaineCarrel
12-30-14, 06:56 PM
I'm finding this game VERY FRUSTRATING. I like the game play but I don't have the time to sit here and wait for the recipes 2 finish cooking. As far as I'm concerned I never want to c another Breakfesy Sandwich, it seems like that's all I ever cook. Unfortunately I'm ready 2 delete RS 2 and go back to the original RS and BS games. If TL were 2 make the size of the pantries larger and the # of servings per recipe larger I might stay, but getting only 16 BS at a time it's just not worth the time or aggravation.

morningstarguitar
12-30-14, 07:51 PM

I disagree with this assessment - I think RS and BS have a lot of different options on how to play the game. They can certainly be very social, but I really don't play them that way. I have lots of neighbors that I gift every day and answer requests when they're given, but I don't tip or visit other places unless I'm bored and have some time on my hands - and honestly, it doesn't really advance the actual game that much anyway. So the social aspect takes about 5 mins each morning, whereas I'm messing around with decorations and cooking food for much longer.

I'm hoping RS2 gets to a place where it takes less involvement - so far I've only seen one 6 hour recipe, but I really prefer the 6-12 hour ones so I don't have to check in all the time but can still keep food on the counters. I've been playing a lot since it's Christmas break just to get my level higher and hopefully reach a point where I can still make decent progress when vacation is over :)

Aernak
12-30-14, 08:05 PM
I disagree with this assessment - I think RS and BS have a lot of different options on how to play the game. They can certainly be very social, but I really don't play them that way. I have lots of neighbors that I gift every day and answer requests when they're given, but I don't tip or visit other places unless I'm bored and have some time on my hands - and honestly, it doesn't really advance the actual game that much anyway. So the social aspect takes about 5 mins each morning, whereas I'm messing around with decorations and cooking food for much longer.

I'm hoping RS2 gets to a place where it takes less involvement - so far I've only seen one 6 hour recipe, but I really prefer the 6-12 hour ones so I don't have to check in all the time but can still keep food on the counters. I've been playing a lot since it's Christmas break just to get my level higher and hopefully reach a point where I can still make decent progress when vacation is over :)

Even the longer recipes dont keep food on the counter. Its a huge flaw in the game.

littlebear351
12-31-14, 12:22 AM
Back to the topic:

Why, oh why, does it take soo longgg to get a couple of ingredients?? It's like watching paint dry omg! What you can get and make is gone in seconds so it's constant and becomes repetitive and boring very fast. I like the graphics and concept but I like most ppl don't have all day to wait for a hamburger or a potato. I sure hope they fix this.

eline183
12-31-14, 12:56 AM
I love the way how it's said by Kooky Panda. "You have to baby the games at the beginning" That's how i see it too.

Well for the long wait on ingredients, that's true. But i know that it will get easyer after a while. My market is repairing at the moment, i readed that it sells random ingredients. But somehow i feel that when there are more players arround at a bit higher level, you're going to have the oppurtunity to sell things yourself and to buy ingredients from players arround the world or your friends.
This game is in it's baby shoes. I love to see how it will grow :o . And it will grow.

I played RS1 from the beginning also, I remember that there was a food-issue too, that it selled too slow. Then TL adjusted the speed and it went from slow to too fast. Till they found a point that it was perfect. That's why i know TL listen at their players and eventually it will be as it should be.

kooky panda
12-31-14, 03:59 PM
Why, oh why, does it take soo longgg to get a couple of ingredients?? It's like watching paint dry omg! What you can get and make is gone in seconds so it's constant and becomes repetitive and boring very fast. I like the graphics and concept but I like most ppl don't have all day to wait for a hamburger or a potato. I sure hope they fix this.

It does take a while ( I am having to wait on sugar !). It helps when you play other games. I jump in RS2 and when I have to wait for some ingredients, I go and work on my other games and then I come back to place more food in RS2

rosewaterlily
12-31-14, 06:28 PM
There are two things I do prefer about this game vs the original--no instant cook all dishes gem trap and the styles that only have to be purchased once. My restaurant and bakery have lots of different tables, chairs, walls, floor, etc. that are non-matching because I don't want to spend tons of coins or gems on just one design but here everything can match once you get the styles. On the other hand, there is no way to earn gems in the game and the decor is not that cute. All my gems in regular restaurant go to decor but in this game it looks like they will only be buying planks!

JustKay
01-05-15, 05:13 PM
In almost every way, RS2 is an improvement, but one thing I really do not like is that it doesn't seem like you can "master" recipes anymore. This means that the original tried and true way of earning gems is now 100% reliant on drops from customers which is random and can be tweaked in future to be less generous. They could even implement a feature to say that if your gem level is above 100, simply do not drop any more gems. I preferred being able to see progress toward your next gem. Hard work at a game used to allow you to purchase enough of the premium content in the game to have a nice store. I can't be certain the same applies to RS2 so I'm right now weighing up whether I want to continue to invest time into it.