View Full Version : Pantry/Toolbox at Capacity - How to Delete Items

lucie63
12-26-14, 12:56 PM
~Screenshots added by FrozenTurtle~

Open your Pantry or Toolbox and tap the red "Trash" button:
http://i.imgur.com/iGbHSdTm.jpg

Tap on the red "-" button that appears next to the item(s) you wish to discard:
http://i.imgur.com/6YAavRxm.jpg

Tap the "+" or "-" buttons to change the amount you wish to discard, then hit confirm:
http://i.imgur.com/Bk5VTqPm.png

Note: This action cannot be reversed, so be sure you are discarding the correct amount of the intended item.

Original Post:
My pantry was at capacity but I didn't have enough of the correct ingredients to make any of the recipes. I searched everywhere for a clue as to how to fix this as I didn't have enough tools or gems to upgrade the capacity of the pantry.
I finally worked out that you can go into the pantry, tap on the capacity tab and there you will see a trash option where you can delete individual items. That way you can top up on the items that you need to make a recipe. I hope this helps others.

robotparade
12-27-14, 11:41 AM
So my pantry is full, but none of the recipies are available!!! And I cant learn a new recipe because I don't have enough coins. This is seriously lame!

UPDATE: So I went into my pantry and had to throw away ingredients I had paid for to be able to get enough eggs for a recipe. Frustrating.

Bettws
12-29-14, 10:24 AM
I'm having the same problem, how can I make room in the store?

kooky panda
12-29-14, 10:52 AM
Tap on the pantry decoration in your Restaurant.
Hit the trash button, then pick and item you want to discard. You can then choose how many items you want to throw away to make room for new items.

( There is also an upgrade button if you would like to increase your storage to hold more items)

ToshiNoMiya
01-12-15, 05:45 PM
@kooky panda May I suggest that you add how to do the same for the toolbox? Or more precisely, add how to ACCESS the toolbox, ie, that there is a tab on the left - information I found in another thread here - to switch between pantry and toolbox?

I think it would be helpful information for new users, as that tab is easy to overlook, as I know from frustrating experience.

venicej
02-02-15, 08:31 AM
How do you find the toolbox to delete items? I can find pantry and delete just fine but I have way to many shovels ans maps and cannot get items I need because it says full. When I click on the upgrade button it takes me to pantry which is not full. Please help!

venicej
02-02-15, 08:52 AM
How do you find the toolbox to delete items? I can find pantry and delete just fine but I have way to many shovels ans maps and cannot get items I need because it says full. When I click on the upgrade button it takes me to pantry which is not full. Please help!

Should have read closer - found the tab on left side of pantry to go to toolbox. Thanks

KadeeDid
02-11-15, 12:27 PM
My toolbox is full so I can not receive any more tools, seeds or love letters. I have already completed the 5 love letters.can I delete those? If I require them for further goals, what should I delete? I want to expand my pantry/toolbox but need more nails. I do have about 20 boards and blueprints. It would require 30 gems to buy enough nails.shouldi. Buy nails, delete some boards or blueprints or some of the 13 seeds? I already am at 3 for grocery, butcher and veg and 4 for garden and market.

Suggestions?

Thanks

queentina3
02-11-15, 12:45 PM
I'd delete the seeds as Lilly drops them often enough. Blueprints and Boards don't drop as often from Cid, but if you can spare a few, get rid of those instead, if you want.

Each recipe needs 20 love letters to Learn, so you'll need every single love letter, do not delete any.

tiggerhobbes
02-11-15, 01:53 PM
this just goes to show how uneven the game really is.

Lilly rarely drops me seeds along with the herbs. I current have 29 shovels in my storage, deleted about 10 already, waiting for Lily to please please please finally drop me some seeds so I can use up my shovels.

I also had about 40 blueprints at one point, kept deleting them while I pray and beg and hoped for some nails.

mamareader02
02-11-15, 01:57 PM
My pantry(and higher level players)can only have max pantry at 130!

queentina3
02-11-15, 02:05 PM
this just goes to show how uneven the game really is.

Lilly rarely drops me seeds along with the herbs. I current have 29 shovels in my storage, deleted about 10 already, waiting for Lily to please please please finally drop me some seeds so I can use up my shovels.

I also had about 40 blueprints at one point, kept deleting them while I pray and beg and hoped for some nails.

OMG, I want a shovel! Cid has NEVER dropped me a shovel and I'm on level 25. I have so many seeds that I can't do anything with as I can't expand my garden due to Cid! I swear there has to be something wrong when he'll drop me gems but not a shovel EVER!

tiggerhobbes
02-11-15, 02:15 PM
Wish there's some way for players to exchange. like, I will wear a funny hat to visit your restaurant and drop you a shovel; you return the favor and leave nails on my tables ...... >__<

Just a heads up, the meat market dude wants shovels for the 5th expansion ((O))_((O)) Why would a butcher wants shovels? How about duct tapes? Should I call the police? /drama-over.

KadeeDid
02-11-15, 05:50 PM
I'd delete the seeds as Lilly drops them often enough. Blueprints and Boards don't drop as often from Cid, but if you can spare a few, get rid of those instead, if you want.

Each recipe needs 20 love letters to Learn, so you'll need every single love letter, do not delete any.

Thanks for the info. I wondered if those love letters would be needed as Frank keeps trying to leave me love letters.

Em_storm
02-16-15, 08:45 AM
I am having a similar experience. It would be nice if one of the areas to which we expand acted as a port through which we could exchange items with other players (kind of like the newsstand in FS2). When Lily first started dropping items I had so much garlic compared to basil I thought I could ward off vampires until the Halloween update. Now all I can make is pesto sauce. It definitely swings back and forth, and if you have the storage you can ride it out. But if you don't, it would be nice to have an option to earn coins. Maybe extra food could go into a compost bin, which could I turn be used to increase our crop yield. Just a thought.

dragon2046
03-23-15, 04:50 PM
How come the picture on the first page shows 220 items yet my pantry just maxed out at 130? Do we ever get a higher limit or another pantry ? Thank u ?

mamareader02
03-23-15, 05:02 PM
How come the picture on the first page shows 220 items yet my pantry just maxed out at 130? Do we ever get a higher limit or another pantry ? Thank u ?

Nope,I'm on level 49,been stuck on max 130 for awhile now,the "220 max" was when the game was first released(not USA),I'm not sure if those first folks got to keep that capacity

dragon2046
03-23-15, 05:03 PM
Nope,I'm on level 49,been stuck on max 130 for awhile now,the "220 max" was when the game was first released(not USA),I'm not sure if those first folks got to keep that capacity

Thank u. Well lucky them if the did. Lol. :)

mamareader02
03-23-15, 05:05 PM
Thank u. Well lucky them if the did. Lol. :)

Yeah,tell me about it!i wish

mamareader02
03-24-15, 08:08 AM
For anyone who cares,apparently you can't upgrade veggies past 6(upgrade button isn't even there)

dragon2046
03-24-15, 08:41 AM
For anyone who cares,apparently you can't upgrade veggies past 6(upgrade button isn't even there)

Thanks that's good to know. I wonder if they all max out a level 6? :)

mrslugo
07-03-15, 05:22 PM
Plz upgrade capacity

dragon2046
09-22-15, 02:58 AM
Pantry has been upgraded from 150 to at least 170 not sure the max yet. I did 150 to 160 but haven't done the 160 to 170 to see if there are any more upgrades. Maybe someone else knows themes max level. :)

Destiel0918
01-23-17, 07:38 PM
I have Pantry 220 and can still upgrade, I sort of hope I am nowhere NEAR the max Pantry - I could always use more room. All the shops are on level 6 ( max) and Can't expand anymore since " wait until level 80 ( which seems to be in nowhere near future.)