PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Pop-up Ads? [Resolved]

WhisperSlowly
12-24-14, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but I can hardly play Castle Story without getting interrupted by an ad for another game.

I'm totally okay with this happening once in a while (as it has previously), but the last few days I have to keep clicking in and out of things and it's completely destroying my motivation to check in with my kingdom.

Does this surge in ads only occur around Christmas?

meme1098
12-24-14, 10:10 PM
Those are goals to earn gems. Install the game, play for a few minutes, return to CS & after a few minutes the Baron pops up & asks you to collect from any coin building. Then you receive a gem reward usually 30 gems at first. Then reach a certain level & get a few more gems, usually 15 more.

snoozingwombat
12-25-14, 03:38 AM
All day today I've been continually badgered to download other TL games to the point of madness!! Its taking at least 2 to 3 attempts to complete simple tasks, ie collecting crops and stuff that I've made. The constant setting and resetting is frustrating' I'm losing random drops that I want/need for stuff that I don't. If I have to put up with this for another 5-6 days I may as well stop playing until it goes away! :mad:

ShibuyaCloth
12-25-14, 03:47 AM
This happen when a lot of people play or are accessing the Internet (i.e are on vacation). For me, it is the same, I switched to G3 connection to play as Internet is just too unstable and generates a sync reset every 2 minutes.

ciarjen
12-25-14, 03:56 AM
All day today I've been continually badgered to download other TL games to the point of madness!! Its taking at least 2 to 3 attempts to complete simple tasks, ie collecting crops and stuff that I've made. The constant setting and resetting is frustrating' I'm losing random drops that I want/need for stuff that I don't. If I have to put up with this for another 5-6 days I may as well stop playing until it goes away! :mad:

It happens every Christmas and most players appreciate it because it gives them a chance to collect gems/gold in their games. It's free Christmas presents :)

The pop up stop when you download the games and complete the goals. If you are not doing that, you are missing out on lots of gems in your CS game.

lildvl91
12-25-14, 05:26 AM
They can simply put the ads in the goal section. We shouldn't have to deal with so many pop ups just so others can get their free gold/gems. I can deal with the pop ups when in my own area but when the ads pop up when visiting neighbors, that's to much!

Queenzod
12-25-14, 07:10 AM
It happens every Christmas and most players appreciate it because it gives them a chance to collect gems/gold in their games. It's free Christmas presents :)

The pop up stop when you download the games and complete the goals. If you are not doing that, you are missing out on lots of gems in your CS game.

I have not noticed them stopping. They keep badgering me to keep playing for more levels. Yesterday when I was doing my neighbor rounds I got seven pop ups in 10 minutes. It was really irritating. There ought to be a way you can hit "no, thank you" and make them stop. I agree it's very annoying!

3Dolphin2013
12-25-14, 07:12 AM
I play castle story and farm story 2.
It happens to me in both games.
And when an ad pops up it almost always takes me back 15 secconds.
Which is annoying because you have to repeat what you did!

Please fix it?

SuziMisterman
12-25-14, 07:45 AM
These pop ups are DRIVING ME NUTS! why on earth do they need to pop up very few minutes!? Visiting on Castle Story, and Dragon story is a chore........Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still POP UPS every few second!! I know where the book is for new games...STOP PUSHING GAMES ON PLAYERS while playing! it's very annoying!

3Dolphin2013
12-25-14, 08:05 AM
It happens in wonderland too.
Happy Christmas? *Sarcastic smile*

chuckyt888
12-25-14, 09:47 AM
I beat the Sunstone Dragon in the current Battle Arena tourney and didn't get the 5 gold or 2 Xmas presents. I'm also getting continual ads for new games and it looks like the game is constantly "resetting" and synching. Seems to be happening every 5 minutes or so the last couple days. There are about 5 or 6 quests to download new games... I have a feeling that may have something to do with it. Usually there is only one new game quest to download and play... maybe the code is going to overdrive with this many quests for new games.

The dragon I used to beat the Sunstone is not healable and the Battle Arena is on cooldown so it looks like the game recognized the win over the Sunstone but I just didn't get the gold or presents.

Resetting the device has not helped.

chuckyt888
12-25-14, 09:53 AM
How awesome.... Battle Arena came off cooldown and its the Sunstone Dragon again.... so to recap I beat the dragon, Battle Arena went on cooldown, I didn't receive the gold or presents, my dragon was not healable (so clearly the battle was registered as a win) and I was forced to beat the dragon again like nothing I did happened. Awesome.

shield14
12-25-14, 10:22 AM
Thanks TL for the Christmas gift :) 120 gold just for downloading these pop-up games ������

owa411
12-25-14, 11:28 AM
Hello

Since yesterday I have a weird glitch when breeding: doesnt matter if you do a boosted breed or a regular one, the game freezes and the dragons (including time) dissapear. Am I the only one who has this problem??
Also this time, there are too many other games promoted. One is do-able, but not 7...
Grtz Owa

chuckyt888
12-25-14, 11:47 AM
How awesome.... Battle Arena came off cooldown and its the Sunstone Dragon again.... so to recap I beat the dragon, Battle Arena went on cooldown, I didn't receive the gold or presents, my dragon was not healable (so clearly the battle was registered as a win) and I was forced to beat the dragon again like nothing I did happened. Awesome.

Just happened again on the Music dragon. Waited for ads to pop up and for sync, defeated the dragon and then got more ads popping up for other games quests.... Battle arena got reset to before I defeated the Music dragon. Had to defeat it again. Unbelievable. Sorry to anyone having this ridiculous stuff happening. It will be really nice when it happens on the end dragons for the tournament where you may have a 10% shot at beating the given dragon.

This is a recurring problem with the game. It should not be simply chalked up to "sync" issues. My app doesn't have issue connecting to the DS servers. I've had this happen before where the game gets reset to a prior state. If its a "sync" issue its a problem with the sync code.

KadeeDid
12-25-14, 11:54 AM
Having this sort of thing happening with TL games due to the constant popups. No issue with any other apps or non TL games. The popups are driving me crazy!

ShibuyaCloth
12-25-14, 12:24 PM
This is a sync problem. Happens to me also from time to time.

snoozingwombat
12-25-14, 12:49 PM

Well it took 3 attempts to collect from my adventure this morning, was hoping to add a spare candy cane for my collection before going on 1 last adventure but that didn't work out... friggen resets!! But hey at least I've now got the winter bakery... yay! But of cause it took 3 attempts to set the bakery to work, go on both adventures, battle beasts and collect stuff.

I now know some people appreciate the chance of jewels/coins but I have only so much time to devote to castle story and now wonderland that I don't think I can let alone want to download and play another 4-5 games.

Even with all the game crashing I still love castle story, thanks TL.

chuckyt888
12-25-14, 02:35 PM
Having this sort of thing happening with TL games due to the constant popups. No issue with any other apps or non TL games. The popups are driving me crazy!

Yep its been the last few days that the pop ups/resets have gone crazy. Had to battle another dragon twice yet again. What makes it even worse is that the battle arena gets set to cooldown after the first battle that doesn't register so I have to wait an hour to battle a dragon I just beat. This will be a real hoot on the diamond/champs... Beating one only to have to redo. It'll probably mean kissing any chance of beating this tourney goodbye

ballerinagirl9
12-25-14, 11:14 PM
Games being promoted is a blessing! Download and reap the rewards, trust me!! ( hint:gold)

1985Leonie
12-26-14, 02:57 AM
Dear players,

especially now for Christmas I have a very annoying issue and it's making me really upset meanwhile.

Since there are about 5 different pop ups for other games, they appear every few seconds. It's really true, approximately every 30 seconds the bakery story pop up and the other ones appear, but what's most upsetting me is, that everything I have done is deleted and I have to start over collecting money, battles or anything else. It saves the progress every few seconds and when there comes the pop up, the progress is deleted. I can only play about 10 seconds after a pop up, then the progress is saved. All I do a few seconds before the next pop up appears, is deleted.

Oh my god I could get so aggressive for that, what is playing like, when every 30 seconds a pop up appears, what the hell is the sense of it????

What does TeamLava think about such a scam, really, I'm so pissed off!!!

5 times a day would be ok but not every 30 seconds, it makes playing impossible!!!!!

I'm so curious if other players have the same problem.

And NO I won't install those stupid other games only that I don't get those massive pop ups, rather I stop playing dragon story again, like one year before, when playing is made so impossible that way.

Best regards

owa411
12-26-14, 05:49 AM
Yup experiencing the same issues here

MajicHearts
12-26-14, 07:18 AM
I have a feeling that this problem won't get fixed until after the first of the new year(2015).....holiday time and TL being short-staffed.

MajicHearts
12-26-14, 07:20 AM
Be prepared for this to go on for at least a week; it's holiday time and TL's excuse is they're short-staffed.

leasesrock
12-26-14, 07:23 AM
The pop ups aren't just annoying they make the game go backwards and make you lose things you have already done. I've lost so much stuff this morning including four pigs worth of truffles and all the food. Extremely poor and make it's unplayable. Presumably someone is working somewhere and could get his fixed?

MzzB2223
12-26-14, 07:49 AM
The pop ups are beyond brutal. It's like a cruel joke. Pop up ad crashes my game every time. And the same pop up keeps coming at least 3 times if not more. Makes me want to abandon Teamlava games. Enough already!!

[S8] Elsa
12-26-14, 12:15 PM
Thank you for the report! This has been resolved and you should no longer receive frequent dialogs in the game. We apologize for any interruption.

LairofTanith
12-26-14, 12:51 PM
It isn't resolved! It is still happening to me!!