PDA

View Full Version : New Mining dragon: Fire Opal Dragon REMOVED

Anaboe
12-23-14, 04:23 PM
Purple - red, super rare

The mine just reopened, got 71 pieces already :)

Was hoping for a black or Champion dragon, but this one also looks sweet!

Available since 23 december, usually for 4 weeks, but no guarantees.

LonePudding
12-23-14, 04:47 PM
are the pieces mini gemstone eggs?

knj00
12-23-14, 04:49 PM
are the pieces mini gemstone eggs?

They are Fire Opals ;)

LonePudding
12-23-14, 04:56 PM
They are Fire Opals ;)

Lol, I know but this design looks pretty lazy, using another egg. But I guess it's Christmas and everyone's feeling a little lazy, I know I am! :D

PepperWoo
12-23-14, 05:34 PM
65 opals. I might try to get two of this guy so I can trade one. Had trouble keeping myself from evolving dragons the last time anyway... wasted a lot of bombs when I could have tried for a second Pharaoh heh. xD

LonePudding
12-23-14, 06:09 PM
My mining is messed up. When I earn pieces the total decreases instead. My bombs aren't going down properly either. I mined 5 times (starting with 25) each getting 3 pieces. My total is 23 bombs and 8 fire opals. Weird!

PernReloaded
12-28-14, 07:05 PM
My mining is messed up. When I earn pieces the total decreases instead. My bombs aren't going down properly either. I mined 5 times (starting with 25) each getting 3 pieces. My total is 23 bombs and 8 fire opals. Weird!

Sounds like a topic in the Bugs and Issues thread!

I like this one, but I will only craft one - I only need large black gems for the rest of the gemstone animals I need! (I have the pink ones for Quartz, so that doesn't count). What I REALLY need is a way to break gems down in the spell shop so I can craft all the ones I'm lacking :P

LonePudding
12-29-14, 09:31 AM
Sounds like a topic in the Bugs and Issues thread!

What I REALLY need is a way to break gems down in the spell shop so I can craft all the ones I'm lacking :P

Luckily the problem sorted itself out within a day or two.

Do you mean, big gems to small gems? I need this because I have quite a few large sapphires but Im running out of small sapphires for the nether dust :(

Tealantern
12-31-14, 10:48 AM
How long will the Fire Opal dragon be available for?

freshfunin2008
12-31-14, 10:50 AM
It has only been out since the 23rd so it is usually 4 weeks. It is always helpful if the person who creates the post puts the date in the Title line.

Tealantern
12-31-14, 11:16 AM
Thank you :-)

LonePudding
12-31-14, 02:50 PM
I'm nearly there! (kind of) 42 pieces to go!

PernReloaded
12-31-14, 03:59 PM
Wow, LP! You really got ahead there! I've been having some bad luck mining so only have about 110 pieces, but I think I'll manage it XD

lunarpurple
12-31-14, 07:44 PM
Is there something I don't know about mining bombs? I wanted to stash some 200 of those to mine for at least one dragon because I'm always out of bombs right before the mining period is over. But I noticed that evolving dragons doesn't bring me more than 25 bombs. I mean I evolved a few more dragons but still have just 25 bombs. Are we only 25 pcs allowed?

PepperWoo
12-31-14, 08:04 PM
Is there something I don't know about mining bombs? I wanted to stash some 200 of those to mine for at least one dragon because I'm always out of bombs right before the mining period is over. But I noticed that evolving dragons doesn't bring me more than 25 bombs. I mean I evolved a few more dragons but still have just 25 bombs. Are we only 25 pcs allowed?

You can only store a maximum of 25 bombs at any given time. If you already have 25 bombs in storage and took a 20-hour dragon out of the temple, you'll lose the 5 bombs that you could have gotten from that dragon. Make sure there's still space for the bombs before you evolve dragons, use them in the mine first.

Tealantern
01-01-15, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the advice PepperWoo. I found that out the hard way yesterday. Still got my one Fire Opal dragon and close to getting my second one! Admittedly I have used some gold but I was so paranoid about missing out because I have missed out before.

lunarpurple
01-01-15, 06:26 AM
Now it makes sence why I've never been able to get all of those 200 mining elements. And i already lost time for current dragon.

PernReloaded
01-01-15, 02:43 PM
Now it makes sence why I've never been able to get all of those 200 mining elements. And i already lost time for current dragon.

You should be fine from here on out if you use all your bombs mining and keep evolving - I managed two of the last dragon in the time allowed. Since I'm only halfway through this current one, I think you have a solid shot :D

Especially since you dont necessarily need 200 bombs to get 200 pieces - I think I'm averaging out at about only needing 110 bombs or so since I've gotten decent at getting two pieces per bomb.

Anaboe
01-06-15, 07:20 PM
Really TL? I got 199 pieces, and 1 bomb. So, I used it, got 2 pieces, my game crashed, and now both pieces and bom are gone! Argh!!!

Anaboe
01-09-15, 05:58 AM
Ah well, the egg is in the nest :)

Since it doesn't have the right colors,I'm not going after a second one. Time to restock bombs :)

roguebee
01-09-15, 07:30 AM
I have my crafting. Will have it on the nest in another day.

PernReloaded
01-09-15, 11:19 AM
Crafting! Will have it on my nest late today.

clarity625
01-09-15, 11:26 AM
Crafting. 11 hours to go.

Phaedrakiki
01-10-15, 12:32 PM
Is there a firm date on when this expires?

PernReloaded
01-10-15, 02:06 PM
Is there a firm date on when this expires?
I believe I got a notice that it leaves on Friday.

Crafted, it's on my nest.

jptheripper
01-10-15, 02:21 PM
16 more to go, hope i make it. i slacked on this one

Megalloo
01-12-15, 06:05 AM

Yikes that's not enough time for me to collect enough fire opals, I need 65 more to craft the dragon.

PepperWoo
01-12-15, 07:22 AM

Are you sure? I didn't get a notice yesterday nor today that it will end on Friday... it doesn't say limited either. :confused:

PernReloaded
01-12-15, 09:34 AM
Are you sure? I didn't get a notice yesterday nor today that it will end on Friday... it doesn't say limited either. :confused:

Whoops! You're right - that was an opal dragon for a different dragon-collection game I'm playing >.<

For this one, who knows? Seems that everything has been extended because of the holidays. I'm over halfway to another Battlecaster because of it.

PepperWoo
01-12-15, 09:52 AM
Whoops! You're right - that was an opal dragon for a different dragon-collection game I'm playing >.<

For this one, who knows? Seems that everything has been extended because of the holidays. I'm over halfway to another Battlecaster because of it.

I was worried for a second there lol. I'm halfway my second egg and panicked for a bit that it will really end on Friday cause I won't be able to get 100 pieces by then. There are 11 days left 'til this one's been out for a month... so maybe 15 days to 2 weeks left for us to mine for parts?

LonePudding
01-12-15, 10:48 AM
Me too, 107 fire opals to craft #2, 47 battlehorns to craft #2! I personally wish they didn't extend it for the holidays because I feel it (tourneys, new mining dragons..) take far too long to come. Like now for example. I have a battlecaster, I have a fire opal dragon, there's no wheel, no world event, and no tourney. I just love the excitement these little side elements give me.

saghaven
01-13-15, 08:55 AM
Started crafting mine last night

SHINeeFan23
01-14-15, 07:32 PM
Is this still going on? I haven't been on all week cause my iPad charger broke. I will be getting a new one tomorrow I hope.

cocauina
01-14-15, 08:38 PM
Is this still going on? I haven't been on all week cause my iPad charger broke. I will be getting a new one tomorrow I hope.

Yes, this dragon is still available, probably until January, 20th or 23th. Good luck!

SHINeeFan23
01-15-15, 02:56 AM
Yes, this dragon is still available, probably until January, 20th or 23th. Good luck!

thank you! i just need a few more but should make it if its around the 20th.

AJImmer
01-22-15, 11:23 PM
Does everyone have this one now? If so, isn't it time for a new mining dragon? I'm guessing Tuesday??

LonePudding
01-23-15, 12:14 AM
I do hope so! I found this dragon wasn't that fun to get in a way. My favourite was definitely magma, just because it had the black element, and I had no black hybrids!:)

mbyte68
01-23-15, 01:58 AM
Me too, 107 fire opals to craft #2, 47 battlehorns to craft #2! I personally wish they didn't extend it for the holidays because I feel it (tourneys, new mining dragons..) take far too long to come. Like now for example. I have a battlecaster, I have a fire opal dragon, there's no wheel, no world event, and no tourney. I just love the excitement these little side elements give me.

kinda glad its still around my android acc is 20 away from my 1st craftable :)

kooky panda
01-23-15, 11:21 AM
I am still short around 80 !

joey_li1001
01-23-15, 11:48 PM
It is unfair to me. I am an android user and I got the mining in the recent update, it is around 10 days ago. I have tried my best to get Fire Opals to craft the dragon but got around 80 now. It is announced the Fire Opals dragon limited and only 4 days left. It is absolutely unfair to an android user have such limited time to craft the dragon.

TL, please extend the limited time for android user.

mbyte68
01-24-15, 06:53 AM
I missed gettin Magma but 5 away on my 1st android mining dragon woo would be nice if some of the good mining ones people couldnt get made a return thoughs, hoping all the valentines return soon , TL any news teases on new World Event coming or out plzz

roguebee
01-24-15, 07:50 AM
I thought my splash screen (ios) said there would be a new mining dragon on Friday, that gives 7 days?

Jnny2good
01-24-15, 02:46 PM
Yeah, something is screwy, it said Friday, but my countdown time says less than 70 hours. Does anyone at TL have a calendar? :)

roguebee
01-24-15, 05:17 PM
You're right. The timer in the mine shows less than 3 days. I guess there will be a period of no mining dragon?

LonePudding
01-24-15, 05:24 PM
There's always a time when the mine is closed, but I'm not sure how long it's for, definitely no longer than an hour (I think!).

I think we need some new uses for gems. I'm about to get my second fire opal, but I already have a ruby and amethyst dragon :(

roguebee
01-24-15, 05:29 PM
That's a long hour, Tuesday to Friday... :rolleyes:

AJImmer
01-24-15, 08:16 PM
There's always a time when the mine is closed, but I'm not sure how long it's for, definitely no longer than an hour (I think!).

I think we need some new uses for gems. I'm about to get my second fire opal, but I already have a ruby and amethyst dragon :(

In the past, when the mine closed at 10:30 AM Pacific - it would reopen in about fours hours or about 2:30 PM Pacific.

frenchmarketgirl
01-25-15, 05:13 AM
Will those fire opals be any good after the deadline?

mbyte68
01-25-15, 05:16 AM
nope unless they plan to bring some back in the future , hope so i missed lots of theese kewl mining dragons

frenchmarketgirl
01-25-15, 05:44 AM
nope unless they plan to bring some back in the future , hope so i missed lots of theese kewl mining dragons

Aw, I'm new to this, Android :) Thank you!

cocauina
01-25-15, 03:12 PM

In the past, when the mine closed at 10:30 AM Pacific - it would reopen in about fours hours or about 2:30 PM Pacific.

Yup, the mine closes and reopen after 4 hours, and in that 4 hours, we still have the dragon available in the spell shop.

Lucindarella
01-27-15, 03:04 PM
You gotta love Dragon Story - leave it to them to post a picture stating that the Fire Opal was ending FRIDAY!!! Then they take it off Tuesday. :( I don't keep track of any of there "calendars" & I don't log onto the forum except rarely. I have to quit trusting them. Geeze!

kooky panda
01-27-15, 03:44 PM
Oh man! I only needed 30 more to craft!:(

cocauina
01-27-15, 03:45 PM
You gotta love Dragon Story - leave it to them to post a picture stating that the Fire Opal was ending FRIDAY!!! Then they take it off Tuesday. :( I don't keep track of any of there "calendars" & I don't log onto the forum except rarely. I have to quit trusting them. Geeze!

You saw the pop up, but did you notice the timer on the mining? We had a different timer on the mining, saying the dragon would expire today, many players commented this in this thread, but nothing was said and done.

I was waiting the dragon would expired today, and I was right, but when TL released the timer and pop up with different times, I though TL had used a past pop up with the Friday tag, and they didn't even notice about that.

Oh well, it's TL, we cannot do anything about that.

By the way, we already have the new mining dragon on the mine.

[S8] Elsa
01-27-15, 06:22 PM
Sorry about this! ;< <3

The Fire Opal Dragon has been extended to Friday. Fire Opals will drop as bonus loot in the Mine and the craft is now available in the Spell Shop.

SHINeeFan23
01-27-15, 07:08 PM
Elsa;1042836']Sorry about this! ;< <3

The Fire Opal Dragon has been extended to Friday. Fire Opals will drop as bonus loot in the Mine and the craft is now available in the Spell Shop.

For all players? Cause I already have it & I'm collecting for the new one now.

EDIT: NVM I see we get both.

roguebee
01-27-15, 07:59 PM

I noticed that today. I'm getting both of them when mining.

PurpleScorpion76
01-28-15, 04:12 AM

I'm sick of it too. I'm close to ditching this game after the fifth winter in a row, a gem trap and now you think you've got time to get a few more bombs and then they can't figure out what day of the week it is!

igames4me
01-28-15, 09:57 AM

Ugh really I spent gold speeding evolves so I can get enough with the timer for Tuesday and In case I lost power on Tuesday because of the blizzard If I had known this I would have waited till Friday and would have enough without gold

But I forgot how much gold I spent I think 40 in each account

kooky panda
01-28-15, 11:46 AM
Ugh really I spent gold speeding evolves so I can get enough with the timer for Tuesday and In case I lost power on Tuesday because of the blizzard If I had known this I would have waited till Friday and would have enough without gold

But I forgot how much gold I spent I think 40 in each account
Please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

DaenerysFantasy
01-30-15, 09:59 AM
How long is it possible to craft the dragon after today? Is it worth it to buy the remaining opals? I got to the mining level too late to get the 200 opals.

mbyte68
01-30-15, 10:12 AM
IMH id have to say NO its jst a purple/red combo now if it was a champion or a decent looking one like the Magma i missed out on. upto you in the end though your gold, and it was said to be avil 5 hrs after it dissapears from mining in crafting shop

DaenerysFantasy
01-30-15, 11:00 AM
It would only take 44 gold for me... I'm saving gold but that's not too bad for a dragon lol. I will think about it. Got a few hours left :)

mbyte68
01-30-15, 11:01 AM
oh that aint to bad then gd luck on gettin your dragon

LonePudding
01-30-15, 11:30 AM
Good luck!!

DaenerysFantasy
01-31-15, 12:34 AM
Well I decided to get the dragon friday 10 pm but it was already gone....