PDA

View Full Version : New Christmas Trees 12-22-14

nikkimommy2014
12-22-14, 01:08 PM
Just got an update with new Christmas trees. They have 3 different kinds one for coins, one for 30 gems, and one for 90 gems. They give you a goal to get 30 gems back after buying one 30 gem tree too.

edit(KP) Update:1-8-15

You should be able to store any unchopped Christmas Trees now. Thanks for your patience!

danzplace
12-22-14, 01:10 PM
They are here. Chopped my first one for a log, silver and 1 energy...

jimboser
Second goal, reward of 30 gems after spending 180 gems (buy 3 Winter trees, one Grand tree) on trees? Is that the same thing as getting coal in your stocking?

tcgms17
There's also a Splendid Christmas Tree under Featured for 150 gems

PurpleScorpion76
12-22-14, 01:11 PM
I want to know if we can still purchase them after the first step?

iAyun
12-22-14, 01:11 PM
Surprise, Surprise! :D

8hat
12-22-14, 01:13 PM
I totally did both quests...spending 210 gems, got 60 back (30 for each quest) and there is another tree-The Splendid Christmas Tree for 150 gems! I didn't get that one. I haven't chopped yet...I want to see what others are getting from them. Exciting! :)

Bauxjangles
12-22-14, 01:13 PM
I'm having buyers remorse after spending the gems. I got a little overexcited and now it doesn't seem worth it....:(

8hat
12-22-14, 01:14 PM
I want to know if we can still purchase them after the first step?

I did the quests and the classic (coin purchase) is still in the store.

QueenCarolyn
12-22-14, 01:15 PM
A new goal popped up.it looks like there may be 4 parts. First part is to buy 3 classic Christmas Trees. Next one is to buy a white tree which costs 30 gems, but there is a 30 gem reward. Then Ivy wants another tree. There are two more new kinds of trees in the shop and one is called Spectacular. But they look expensive. The last one can be chopped 12 times.

silveryedges
12-22-14, 01:16 PM
Well. Chopped a Classic Christmas Tree and received... Three times a piece of wood. Must be a strike of bad luck.

Bought a Grand Tree as well but wanted to wait to see what we might get from that one.

Good luck everyone!

Castloninian
12-22-14, 01:17 PM
I bought a load of Classics and am storing a lot. Have plenty of coins to go through anyway. The loot I got from chopping wasn't great but I love the excitement and surprise.

Shadesha1
12-22-14, 01:19 PM
So far from Grand Tree I've got a spicy feast, living wood and trade ticket.

nikkimommy2014
So far from classic trees I've gotten (besides wood) mushroom, hearty feast, fancy block, and stone block

poppelia
Thanks TL I am very happy with the Christmas trees! They are beautiful.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-14, 01:22 PM
1st tree cut down.

Cost $25,000
1 piece of wood
1 beam
3 energy

PurpleScorpion76
12-22-14, 01:22 PM
Glimmerdust, blue petal and dragon scales from my first tree.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-14, 01:23 PM
Duplicate post

beachinhawaii
12-22-14, 01:23 PM
Why would this be a goal in our goal book? I have no intentions on wasting that many gems on trees when the gifts are a hit or miss. I went through the first quest and broke even with gems since it costed 30 and the reward was 30, but it seems pointless and I'm going to abandon it from here.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-14, 01:25 PM
Have no idea why there's so many multiple posts from me��

DragonThruTime
12-22-14, 01:26 PM
I cut one classic tree down.

1-syrup
1-truffle
25 - coins. I'm not sure about that amount. I got distracted and the amount didn't fully register.

Castloninian
Out of the maybe 8 classic trees I cut down the best I got was a hearty feast. Other stuff was mostly wood, iron, glimmerdust etc. I guess the really good drops will be rare but I did buy and store 100 for a rainy day :)

FrostyFinn
From the classic tree I got

1 hide
1 earth wisp
25 coins

GC5410
12-22-14, 01:27 PM
Chopped a few of the 25,000 and 30 gem ones, plus one 90 gem tree (basically the ones asked for by the goals) - got nothing very exciting at all! Mostly sap, wood and 1 or 2 energy - only decent(ish) stuff was an enchanted block and a trade ticket.

8hat
12-22-14, 01:29 PM
1st Classic Tree:

2 pieces of wood
1 super glue

But I am glad to see from some of your gifts it has a chance to be better

Castloninian
12-22-14, 01:30 PM
By the way, I still had a grand Christmas tree from last year's event with 1 chop left (4/5 done). When I just clicked it it had increased to 7 chops so I was able to do 2 more chops and still keep the tree. That got me a fancy beam and 1 sap.

sailormiranda
12-22-14, 01:31 PM
First classic
Wood
Royal beam
Yellow dye

Second classic
Living wood
Wood
Enchanted beam

Third Classic
Wood
Fey crystal
Venom

Grand tree
Truffle
Ice cream
Glimmer fragment
Apple
One expansion permit

DragonThruTime
12-22-14, 01:32 PM

1-syrup
1-truffle
25 - coins. I'm not sure about that amount. I got distracted and the amount didn't fully register.

2nd classic tree

2-wood
15- coins

That's two expensive fire logs. Lol. They better make a really good rip roaring fire in the fireplace tonight. :D

DragonThruTime
12-22-14, 01:35 PM

1-syrup
1-truffle

2nd classic tree

2-wood
15- coins

That's two expensive fire logs. Lol. They better make a really good rip roaring fire in the fireplace tonight. :D

3rd classic tree

1-wood
1-energy
15-coins

meme1098
12-22-14, 01:36 PM
Why would this be a goal in our goal book? I have no intentions on wasting that many gems on trees when the gifts are a hit or miss. I went through the first quest and broke even with gems since it costed 30 and the reward was 30, but it seems pointless and I'm going to abandon it from here.

It was a goal last year as well but not with the 2nd part. Just let it expire if you don't want to spend the gems. That's what I'm doing. No need for beams & blocks since I'm maxed on them & all the others except ornate which I'm working on to max now.

wiznit85
12-22-14, 01:37 PM
Ooooo I didn't think about storing extras. That's a brilliant idea ❤️ I've bought everything except the Splendid Christmas Tree (150 gem cost), and I don't know if I will. I won't list everything I've received, because the list is long, and many Christmas trees died in the process �� But the gifts range from simple gifts (fur/wood/coal), building supplies ( I've received every type of block and beam), food ( grits, feasts, chocolate, fruits), golden items ( all three types), to awesome items that surprised me (Mithril, Fairie Offering,Fey Crystals). A lot of my better gifts were actually from the Classic Christmas Trees, but I had to go through the duds to get to the nice ones. I Personally wasn't impressed with the Grand Christmas Tree. I was maxed out of most if the things it dropped ( mysterious venom, truffles, dragon scales) but the Fairie Offering came from that tree. I'm hoping someone else grabs that Splendid one and posts what gifts they got. ��

GC5410
12-22-14, 01:38 PM
First classic
Wood
Royal beam
Yellow dye

Second classic
Living wood
Wood
Enchanted beam

Third Classic
Wood
Fey crystal
Venom

Grand tree
Truffle
Ice cream
Glimmer fragment
Apple
One expansion permit

You got an expansion permit?! All I got was 1 trade ticket!

FrostyFinn
12-22-14, 01:39 PM
Winter white tree:

1 Hearty stew
1 earth wisp
1 stone block
1 spicy feast
Mermaid scales

GC5410
12-22-14, 01:43 PM
I just got white dye - what is that used for? Is it new? I didn't have any others in my inventory (and I have lots, including the orange and black from past goals).

PurpleScorpion76
12-22-14, 01:46 PM
2 wood and Enchanters Essence for my second classic Christmas tree chopping.

zenthus
12-22-14, 02:04 PM
I got from winter white tree:
Sap
2 coal
Faerie jar
Expansion permit (!!!)

brandonu
12-22-14, 02:05 PM
I did a bunch of classic Christmas trees and a single Winter White Tree. I will not be doing any of the others.

So far I have received the following items that I was not maxed out on (so not including wood, blocks, etc)

White Dye, Floral Glow, Sugar, Magic Fruit, Golden Nugget, Glimmerdust, +1 energy, Flour, Super Glue, +3 energy and grits.

I will be doing a bunch more of the classic trees as I have a ton of coins and nothing to do with it.

mamareader02
12-22-14, 02:14 PM
Resting from buying classic ones -bought a few of the 150 gem ones,chopped all but 2(for decor),wasn't impressed,but I love these trees nonetheless ,so THANK YOU TL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!btw,how long are they available?

SpiritWind00
12-22-14, 02:15 PM
I just got white dye - what is that used for? Is it new? I didn't have any others in my inventory (and I have lots, including the orange and black from past goals).

White dye first dropped a few months back. Maybe that means it will be used soon.... I also have one from previous goal. (Which one? Can't remember!) :)

roguebee
12-22-14, 02:17 PM
You can add magic cement, swords, and earth wisps to the drops from the Classic Christmas tree

tuffyjkitten
12-22-14, 02:18 PM
I did the first goal. Chopped 2 of the classic trees fully and one 2/3. Got mostly wood and petals but did get a simple feast. On the white tree I chopped 4/5 times. Best drop was an expansion permit! Yes, expansion permit...not trade ticket. I tripled checked my inventory on that one!

orleansparish
12-22-14, 02:22 PM
I got these last year and still have the trees Out! Never chopped or hit them by accident and I won't start now. Though I have more money than before, so I'll get some 25,000 trees and the one where I get all my gems back after purchase. I just don't like we cannot store them and space is still limited.

tuffyjkitten
12-22-14, 02:22 PM
Someone mentioned storing the trees...I tried and I won't let me do it. Is it supposed to?

sailormiranda
12-22-14, 02:29 PM
You got an expansion permit?! All I got was 1 trade ticket!

Yeah I was so excited because I need them.

brandonu
12-22-14, 02:33 PM
Someone mentioned storing the trees...I tried and I won't let me do it. Is it supposed to?

I can store the trees I just purchased. I don't have any left from last year and did not try storing any trees that were partially dropped (historically exploitable glitch).

my2place
12-22-14, 02:34 PM
So happy for these goals - I wasn't playing yet as of last Christmas and was really longing for some x-mas trees :) I got 2 offers to install and play other TL games for 30 gems each right before the goal came out and then with the gem rewards of 30 twice, the gem expense wasn't all that bad for me. Only chopped the first ones of each and then stored/displayed the rest - first classic tree gave just 3 wood ... winter white gave a super glue, hot sauce and enchanters essence. Just happy to have x-mas trees here!

tuffyjkitten
12-22-14, 02:36 PM
I can store the trees I just purchased. I don't have any left from last year and did not try storing any trees that were partially dropped (historically exploitable glitch).

Partially chopped....that's the problem. Can't store those. :(

SpiritWind00
12-22-14, 02:53 PM
If trees are not chopped AT ALL they can be stored....

kudukuda
12-22-14, 02:54 PM
I got a sweet feast from a classic tree. Not doing the rest of the goals. Broke even with the gems.
Also got a golden nugget from the grand tree (the one that costs 30 gems). Other than that, the rest of my drops were mentioned before

Anaboe
12-22-14, 02:55 PM
Resting from buying classic ones -bought a few of the 150 gem ones,chopped all but 2(for decor),wasn't impressed,but I love these trees nonetheless ,so THANK YOU TL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!btw,how long are they available?

I presume they will be availabe atleast 14 days, as the quest also lasts 14 days :)

Bauxjangles
12-22-14, 02:55 PM
Super super hit or miss. Finished the goal and got grits, white dye, 10 energy, and some wool. Everything else isn't even worth mentioning. I think I'm just cursed..... I'll push my luck and buy some of the regular trees to store.

Castloninian
12-22-14, 03:14 PM
Four chops of my winterwhite tree:
Chocolate cake
Wool
Spicy feast
Adamant

Pretty good haul :)

CharmOfLea
12-22-14, 03:20 PM
If trees are not chopped AT ALL they can be stored....

I just noticed that as well. I am seriously considering buying the splendid tree with my handful of gems - I just love Christmas and it looks pretty! - however, that obviously translates into a 150-gems-decor, unless I'm willing to look at it all year. After the 150-dollars gemmed-Halloween pumpkin which I wanted to have as a decoration post the event, but I'm not able to (since that bobbling brown bag makes me seriously nervous), I'm wondering how TL always manages to face me with these dramaticly difficult decisions. LOL :o:confused::confused: If the trees were storable chopped, 150 old gems would have been probably out by now.
On a different note, u guys who buy 100 of the coins trees, congratulations!!! :D I would have done the same thing, just because. :D But at my level gold is a grave business, I'm down to a lil bit over 1000 Thaler. After my expansions last night, I'm saving to just complete the first new quest. Ehehehe, wish me luck. :o

azriX2012
12-22-14, 03:26 PM
The splendid tree gave me an expansion permit too! Thanks TL this is great!

Castloninian
12-22-14, 03:34 PM
I just noticed that as well. I am seriously considering buying the splendid tree with my handful of gems - I just love Christmas and it looks pretty! - however, that obviously translates into a 150-gems-decor, unless I'm willing to look at it all year. After the 150-dollars gemmed-Halloween pumpkin which I wanted to have as a decoration post the event, but I'm not able to (since that bobbling brown bag makes me seriously nervous), I'm wondering how TL always manages to face me with these dramaticly difficult decisions. LOL :o:confused::confused: If the trees were storable chopped, 150 old gems would have been probably out by now.
On a different note, u guys who buy 100 of the coins trees, congratulations!!! :D I would have done the same thing, just because. :D But at my level gold is a grave business, I'm down to a lil bit over 1000 Thaler. After my expansions last night, I'm saving to just complete the first new quest. Ehehehe, wish me luck. :o

You know, last year I was in your position and I could only buy a small amount of trees. This year I was able to splurge without making too much of a dent in my coins. If the trees come back next year you may find yourself in a much flusher position :).

MeganT87
12-22-14, 03:38 PM
I just accidentally placed two splendid trees! I only wanted to buy one! My phone temporarily froze or something. 300 gems gone like that.

ragingray
12-22-14, 03:38 PM
Firstly, thanks for idea to store the Christmas trees.

I remember last year buying a tree for 25,000 was a big investments, a year later with over 4,000,000 coins and all expansions paid for (Like many still need expansion permits). Buying 20+ trees is a welcome update, something to spend the coins on before the Baron taxes/steals my coins.

katbtodd
12-22-14, 03:40 PM
I did a bunch of classic Christmas trees and a single Winter White Tree. I will not be doing any of the others.

So far I have received the following items that I was not maxed out on (so not including wood, blocks, etc)

White Dye, Floral Glow, Sugar, Magic Fruit, Golden Nugget, Glimmerdust, +1 energy, Flour, Super Glue, +3 energy and grits.

I will be doing a bunch more of the classic trees as I have a ton of coins and nothing to do with it.
I got the white dye last year choping Christmas trees

mikado86
12-22-14, 04:09 PM
Possible drops from the Big D "Splendid Christmas Tree" (150 Gems) Include but are not limited to

Rat Tails
Ivy's Hot Sauce
Earth Wisp
Hide
Faerie Offering
Apple
Wool
Mermaid Scales
Breaded Fish
Purple Petal
Simple Feast
Hearty Feast
Trade Ticket
Bacon
Chocolate
Sap
Mithril
Jewels
Fur
Super Glue
Sugar
Cake
Boar Pelt
Longsword
Light Armor
Milk
3 energy
Coal
Faerie Block
Blue Petal
Orange
Bread
Orangle Cobbler
Wood

And many others that I was maxed on, and prolly missed them, if I had to guess is that almost every single drop is there.

What does this tell me? that Im going to buy one in my main account just to have one and support TL, but I wont be chopping it since I dont believe its worth it, not even if I could pick every single chop reward

My Advice? finish the first quest, the one that tells you to buy a 30 gems tree and get 30 reward, dont bother with the one that tells you to spend 180 for a 30 gem reward,

reimieh
12-22-14, 04:17 PM
The 25000 coins tree gave me a feast (I don't remember which one), golden nugget and a golden apple, very happy 'cause now I finally got sir pigglesworth. The 30 gem tree gave me 3 wood so far...

serenitygrandma
12-22-14, 04:36 PM
Not worth chopping when you are maxed out on 75% of the items dropped they do not add to your inventory.

jptheripper
12-22-14, 04:41 PM
i was able to store my new trees, and any old trees that had no chops. Ones that had been chopped i was not able to store :(

Kungfuking
12-22-14, 05:00 PM
Absolute waste of gems. I'm disgusted. The first one makes you feel like you have had a good "Xmas present" from Java by giving you the gems back but then the second one just rips you off 150 gems. Not a festive treat at all, just a massive con.

newzealander
12-22-14, 05:22 PM
My Advice? finish the first quest, the one that tells you to buy a 30 gems tree and get 30 reward, dont bother with the one that tells you to spend 180 for a 30 gem reward,

I'm with you on this one, Mikado. The gems are much better spent somewhere else. Just enjoy the pretty trees and Christmas cheer, regardless of which ones you choose to buy :-)

Liloze
12-22-14, 05:22 PM
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah28/lilianemoussa/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/81BF8E81-6DA9-43C3-9763-03130E292407_zpsanrjsqjh.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/lilianemoussa/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/81BF8E81-6DA9-43C3-9763-03130E292407_zpsanrjsqjh.png.html)

Just bought it because it is so beautiful :D
Not going to chop it because I am almost maxed on 90% of the drops.
I Love it :o

I finished the goal, and bought some classic trees, spending coins finally on something and keeping them in storage :)

eastie41
12-22-14, 05:30 PM
Hi All !

Thank you TL for bringing the Christmas Trees back, and adding new ones. They are a great addition for Christmas time.

A caution to everyone! The 99 max applies to the gifts that you receive - even trade tickets. Since, I had more than 99 tickets, I was not able to collect the trade ticket gift from the tree.

Merry Christmas to all!

touchdown69
12-22-14, 05:32 PM
Omg what's with a duplicate quest from last year?!? Can't you guys be more creative instead of throwing in a duplicate quest of last year and raising the gem values of cost for these trees? I expected better from castle story now this is VERY LAME & Thoughtless & LAZY & GREEDY expectation from team lava Developers! :mad:

Anaboe
12-22-14, 05:45 PM
Chopped a few Classic Christmas Trees (I have over 4,000,000 coins, so I can buy some), and got some mushroom, wood, living wood, Orange Cobbler, Red Dye, Sweet Feast, Cake, Blue Petal, Sap, Manticor Whisker, Hearty Feast and Wisp Lantern. Not bad :D

@touchdown: personaly, I was happy not to have another difficult questline, as the Culinairy Questline is already taking lots of time, planning, energy and resources. I guess everyone is different, but I still don't see any reason to react like this.

It's a game, it's free, it's for fun, so I don't see why you should complain. It's not like you've signed a contract with TL and TL isn't keeping their side of the bargain.

They're offering some stuff, and if you don't like it, you just don't buy it. So, try to keep the holiday spirit and stop complaining :D

Edit: chopped another one, got a Hearty Feast. This is getting addictive! :D

Liloze
12-22-14, 06:10 PM
I really don't understand why some players are so angry and dissatisfied!
TL is desfinitely not forcing anybody to buy the trees, it is a personal choice!
You like you buy, you don't like the whole deal, you simply move on!
Let's all remember it is Christmas, let's keep the spirit, and be civil voicing our opinions.
Merry Christmas everyone, especially TL Staff, moderators, and the whole community of CS, in the forum :)

jbfps116
12-22-14, 06:12 PM
It's cool they brought these trees back again as I wasn't playing last Christmas...
I'll chop around a dozen classic trees but IDK about the others... I spent GEMS on them and it seems scary to possibly get junk from them. But if I leave only 1 chop they stay there forever so IDK what I'm going to do. they are nice albeit large decor.

mamareader02
12-22-14, 06:44 PM
Yes,they are VERY addictive as I've spent too many millions of coins stocking up on them,now I have to actually care about coins again,but I love these trees as I consider them little scratch off tickets,so if you've got so many coins that price doesn't matter,just enjoy yourself,I sure as heck am!(and last year we couldn't store till after the trees were no longer on sale,so that meant we had to cram them into our kingdoms)

CharmOfLea
12-22-14, 07:16 PM
http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah28/lilianemoussa/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/81BF8E81-6DA9-43C3-9763-03130E292407_zpsanrjsqjh.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/lilianemoussa/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/81BF8E81-6DA9-43C3-9763-03130E292407_zpsanrjsqjh.png.html)

Just bought it because it is so beautiful :D
Not going to chop it because I am almost maxed on 90% of the drops.
I Love it :o

I finished the goal, and bought some classic trees, spending coins finally on something and keeping them in storage :)

Oooooh thanks for posting this! :) Now I can enjoy it via u. ;):D Merry Christmas, Liloze! xoxo

eam13
12-22-14, 07:24 PM
EPICALLY ripped off with that 90 gem tree!! All of that hype form some earth wisps and an apple pie?! Take them back and give me back my gems!!!

CharmOfLea
12-22-14, 07:37 PM
You know, last year I was in your position and I could only buy a small amount of trees. This year I was able to splurge without making too much of a dent in my coins. If the trees come back next year you may find yourself in a much flusher position :).

Thanks for ur kind note, Castloninian! I like this game a lot, also enjoy the great community on the forum. Definitely see myself sticking around for long enough to max out on Christmas trees. :D:D Ehehehehe :)

Anaboe
12-22-14, 07:53 PM
Yup, me too. Last year I could buy 1 or maybe 2, not more. This year it's like a lottery! Buy, buy, buy! :D

Last drops: fancy block, magic fruit, breaded fish, fur, pasta, glimmerdust, rat tail, trade ticket, enery, wood, sap, manticor whisker, simple feast, iron ore and wool.

Lol, already spent over 500,000 :D Thnx TL for giving us something to spent our coins on! (Could you please do something alike in Dragon Story? ;))

scarletdragon18
12-22-14, 07:54 PM
Bought some trees for gems, got another white dye, same as I did last year. Going to see if I'm able to buy some gems for the new tree.

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-14, 08:01 PM
Classic x'mas tree chops:

1. wood, red ink, sap
2. wood, wood, mushroom (maxed)
3. wood, orange petal (maxed), 1 energy
4. wood, 1 energy, wood
5. wood, wood, sap
6. wood, blue petal (maxed), wood

And then I decided to spend my 2 million coins to pay off expansions (forgot that we had new expansions) so that I'd stop paying for overpriced fire woods. I got roughly 4000 coins left now :p I'm probably being "naughty" to TL this year since I haven't spent a single dime on gems. Honestly I was considering buying some gems on the next gem sale since I've played this game for so long and haven't paid anything, but after these woody drops...... nah. Would be cool to get at least another white ink like I did last year but nope. I got enough woods to burn my castle down here.

SpiritWind00
12-22-14, 08:12 PM
Liloze, that tree is just beautiful! Wow. I chopped 3 coin trees and because I'm maxed on so many things, I sadly didn't receive anything to note. But I don't mind...I've more money than I could use, and now the trees can be stored, I've bought a bucket load of them and my kingdom is definitely in the Christmas way! Love it.

mikecyr
12-22-14, 08:19 PM
Would be cool to get at least another white ink like I did last year but nope.

Is the white ink good for something?

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-14, 08:20 PM
Is the white ink good for something?

Nope. Just for collection since you can't craft it anymore.

scarletdragon18
12-22-14, 08:48 PM
Was white ink once used for something? I can't recall ever needing it for a quest.

vontalken
12-22-14, 08:59 PM
I don't know the details but here is my thinking.

IF and this is a big IF
there is a chance for an expansion permit to drop from the classic tree. aka money purchased tree. even at .25 % chance I will gladly spend all 7 million coins I have and spend every energy i have chopping them.

7.5 million coins / 25,000 per tree = 300 Trees

300 trees * 3 chops per = 900 chops

900 chops time .0025 permit drop chance = 2.25 permits or 2

each permit is easily worth the 3.75 million coins and 450 energy .

heck i would even support a 150,000 per trade ticket trade. 150K in coins traded for a trade ticket.. so done. soooooooo many ways done done done.

scarletdragon18
12-22-14, 09:21 PM
My drops from the Splendid Christmas Tree:

Wisp Lantern
Adamant
Royal Block
Enchanted Block
Jewels
Fur
Iron Ore
Coal
Mysterious Venom
Sap
Faerie Jar

I still have one chop left but I'm leaving the tree up until after Christmas. I'm *really* crossing my fingers for a trade ticket or even an expansion permit.

8hat
12-22-14, 09:49 PM
I got a feast from a classic tree; it was Hearty. I did about 4 or 5 trees before I got anything that good. I did chop one of the 30 gem trees...nothing spectacular but I got things like swords and lemonade. Did anyone chop a 150 gem tree? I don't want to chop my Grand Tree cuz I probably will only have the one.

Castloninian
12-22-14, 10:50 PM
Omg what's with a duplicate quest from last year?!? Can't you guys be more creative instead of throwing in a duplicate quest of last year and raising the gem values of cost for these trees? I expected better from castle story now this is VERY LAME & Thoughtless & LAZY & GREEDY expectation from team lava Developers! :mad:
Sorry you feel that way but TL can't please everyone. Lots of people asked to bring back Christmas trees (either because they liked them last year or because they missed out on them) and TL fulfilled their wish.

Castloninian
12-22-14, 10:52 PM
I think people are best off seeing the Christmas trees as a lottery, yes even the expensive gem ones. The chance of the really good stuff is very small. I can't imagine buying a scratch card, not winning and demanding my money back?!?!?

queenofpolharcity
12-22-14, 11:58 PM
Second goal, reward of 30 gems after spending 180 gems (buy 3 Winter trees, one Grand tree) on trees? Is that the same thing as getting coal in your stocking?

No!! I actually got COAL from one of mine--I think somebody's trying to tell me something...

queenofpolharcity
12-23-14, 12:08 AM
EPICALLY ripped off with that 90 gem tree!! All of that hype form some earth wisps and an apple pie?! Take them back and give me back my gems!!!

You got a whole pie?? Pfft....I only got an apple from one of my chops of the 90 gem tree!! bahahaha.....and NO earth wisps! Hmmm...maybe its that whole North Korean / Sony cyberattack thing--they have hi-jacked TL and are punishing us because they were blamed for the attack on Sony!!!

(OK--its 1:00 a.m. and I'm quite possibly delirious...but what a great story to tell the grandkids someday!!)

Jir67
12-23-14, 01:52 AM
I completed the first part of the quest line, buying the white tree and the classic trees
I left they untouched near my oile of gift, since it't Crhistmas time....
I'm still buying classic trees, for drops...

itsqueenbeee
12-23-14, 03:18 AM
PSST....for those like me who WAIT til tuesdays (after reset) SLIGHT gem discount... ;-) Only 24 hours OH CHRISTMAS TREES, OH Christmas Trees!!!LOL1748017481

echowuuu
12-23-14, 04:48 AM
i just did the first part, don't see it worth the gem. I just bought 1400 gems, 750 on additional new bakery. 200 get the Alicon wing so I can get my 14th alicon and 400 on methrill dragon :) the leftover maybe I ll get the splined tree for deco.

echowuuu
12-23-14, 04:51 AM
And for people didn't do the last year quest, there will be a big sale in the end of the event, all trees on discount xD

gilachaya
12-23-14, 05:30 AM
When I chopped a Grand Christmas tree I got architects paste, adamant, builders paste, mantacore whisker, sugar and a glimmer fragment. My best drops from the coin Christmas tree was one tree that dropped one adamant and one mithral and one that dropped an expansion ticket. I've also gotten most of the different feasts from the regular tree. I went through all 5 million coins and have 152 regular trees in storage. I love the trees. Thank you TL. I wasn't expecting an update this week! Merry Christmas!

GaSaKaDa
12-23-14, 06:17 AM
I was so happy to see the trees back, I'd chopped mine last year as I couldn't store them and am too OCD to see them in my kingdom in June! I think they're all beautiful and have blown some gems on a few of them. Have resisted many temptations this year but these were too good to miss for me, and I can tuck them away for next year, brilliant. Thanks TL, I am one happy Christmas bunny ����

Liloze
12-23-14, 07:02 AM
Oooooh thanks for posting this! :) Now I can enjoy it via u. ;):D Merry Christmas, Liloze! xoxo

Thank you Merry Christmas to you and yours as well :D

Liloze
12-23-14, 07:09 AM
Liloze, that tree is just beautiful! Wow. I chopped 3 coin trees and because I'm maxed on so many things, I sadly didn't receive anything to note. But I don't mind...I've more money than I could use, and now the trees can be stored, I've bought a bucket load of them and my kingdom is definitely in the Christmas way! Love it.

It is lovely! Thanks TL for it lol :D
Yep been storing Classic trees, though I don't know if there's a limit to them lol
Same here, chopped some, but got coins, wood and glimmerdust until now,
I got that dreaded black flag telling am maxed ;)
But it is fun to get some surprise when you least expect it...lol
Merry Christmas SW 🎅🎄😀

brandonu
12-23-14, 09:03 AM
My last 4 or 5 coin trees has given me wood and energy and nothing else.

Best gifts so far are white dye, golden nugget and magic cement. I think the white dye came from the 30 gem tree however.

Solstice14
12-23-14, 09:04 AM
I received 3 logs - did I do something wrong or did the grinch steal them?

ait_vedan
12-23-14, 09:15 AM
I'm having buyers remorse after spending the gems. I got a little overexcited and now it doesn't seem worth it....:(

I feel the same! It doesn't seem worth spending my gems on :(
It's like buying your own Christmas presents

danzplace
12-23-14, 09:34 AM
Fun time chopping and displaying, though it's mainly wood and glue I am receiving...

Liloze
12-23-14, 09:50 AM
I received lots of Enchanted blocks, from classic coins trees, alas I am maxed on, BUT
Big big BUT I got a Golden Apple :) So now I own 8 yessss thank you TL :D Big BIG Smile
And I got some hearty stew, Hearty feast, Simple feast, Flour, Energy, Etc...
I dwindled my coins from 18M to 10,400.000 lol
Will keep on chopping those coins'trees maybe I will get another Golden apple lol
Greedy much?! lol :D

CharmOfLea
12-23-14, 10:19 AM
And for people didn't do the last year quest, there will be a big sale in the end of the event, all trees on discount xD

Are the coin trees also going to be on sale?

Liloze
12-23-14, 11:24 AM
I received lots of Enchanted blocks, from classic coins trees, alas I am maxed on, BUT
Big big BUT I got a Golden Apple :) So now I own 8 yessss thank you TL :D Big BIG Smile
And I got some hearty stew, Hearty feast, Simple feast, Flour, Energy, Etc...
I dwindled my coins from 18M to 10,400.000 lol
Will keep on chopping those coins'trees maybe I will get another Golden apple lol
Greedy much?! lol :D

Spicy Feast :D

sulu43
12-23-14, 11:48 AM
I'm going broke buying Christmas trees but I'm having such fun chopping them! �� Merry Christmas everyone!

Liloze
12-23-14, 11:53 AM
I'm going broke buying Christmas trees but I'm having such fun chopping them! �� Merry Christmas everyone!

:) Merry Christmas :) Oh I ran out of energy .... :o

echowuuu
12-23-14, 03:55 PM
Are the coin trees also going to be on sale?

I forgot, I only remember gem trees www on sale in the end of the event.

ghabra
12-23-14, 04:11 PM
Just got an expansion permit from one of those trees !
each tree is too expensive as it costs 25k but believe me I don't care about the gold in this game the materials are more important to me.

prancinland
12-24-14, 12:05 AM
I can't help but wonder...TL is very challenging and stays one step ahead of us! So...I wonder if the chops will improve on Christmas....
Just my thoughts and ravings...trying to stay a step ahead, which i ...don't ! Lol!

Rebegarner
12-24-14, 08:54 AM
I too received a expansion permit from the classic tree! The trees are so beautiful! Thanks TL

HistoryGirl7
12-24-14, 11:21 AM
I doubt we'll get an update on xmas but I keep wondering why the Polaris North adventure is still there. Does it dissapear when you get the bakery?

EBJW
12-24-14, 11:57 AM
I doubt we'll get an update on xmas but I keep wondering why the Polaris North adventure is still there. Does it dissapear when you get the bakery?

yes! yes! (double cause 1 yes was too short, could not be published :rolleyes:)

arli111
12-24-14, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone, I have one more type of Christmas tree:p:cool:

brrdgrrl
12-24-14, 06:25 PM
Are they really new, or are they the same ones from last year? They look to me like the same ones from last year, which you cannot store, so they have to stay out as decoration year-round taking up valuable CS real-estate!

brrdgrrl
12-24-14, 06:25 PM
That's beautiful! reminiscent of FS!!

arli111
12-24-14, 06:44 PM
its just my assembled tree:cool::cool:

arli111
12-24-14, 06:47 PM
Are they really new, or are they the same ones from last year? They look to me like the same ones from last year, which you cannot store, so they have to stay out as decoration year-round taking up valuable CS real-estate!
This year you can store all of these

Liloze
12-24-14, 07:33 PM

Very creative :) 2 thumbs up :D

shannonth
12-24-14, 09:54 PM
All I got from mine was wood! I'm disappointed

landa002
12-24-14, 10:16 PM
Can you tell me if I am able to earn free gems when trying out new TL games be applied to my CS gem count? I played and reached Cup Cake Mania level 54 & my BS, RS & FS all received 3 gems but CS did not received anything. I play those games on Android tablet as I have another device my iPod which there are no issues. I have 29 gems and by reaching level 54 I would have earned enough to buy the 30 gem Christmas tree.

Thanks

Jennerwein1
12-24-14, 10:40 PM

Mine is gone.

stormysteph93
12-25-14, 12:03 AM
I had 7M coins and now I have 100k (got it back up from 21K when I was told I couldn't afford another LOL).

So worth it. I've paid for all the expansions I'm still waiting on permits for already so gold is useless to me. I've lost track of how many I've chopped in addition to the 100 in storage (probably chopped at least 100) but I've had soooooooo many feasts (6 spicy, 7 hearty and 3 simple to be precise). Im normally just one ahead to keep my kings keep and barracks in action and I use a lot of simple feasts so having a bunch in storage is super exciting.

Still got my fingers crossed for an expansion permit.

Thanks TL! Love this update! So good to have something so fun and potentially profitable for coins, a nice pat on the back for us lvl50 older players ;)

PJColley
12-25-14, 02:00 AM

In my opinion, the trees requiring gems to purchase them, are NOT worth it!

echowuuu
12-25-14, 04:30 AM

woha very nicely done, bravo on the effort!

cherriesx
12-25-14, 07:42 AM
Wasn't planning to, but I completed the first goal because winter white trees are on sale for 20 gems, and the reward is 30 gems. Made an extra 10 gems ;)

gilachaya
12-25-14, 08:25 AM
Wasn't planning to, but I completed the first goal because winter white trees are on sale for 20 gems, and the reward is 30 gems. Made an extra 10 gems ;)

Way to go!!

hogwart97
12-25-14, 08:18 PM
I've never replied on this forum before but good lord I just got the Splendid Cristmas Tree.

Wow that was not worth it. Most of the stuff I got were things I was maxed out on or things I always get maxed out on. So disappointed in that experience.

I didn't write everything down, but things I remember were...

1 wood beam
1 mithril
1 prime cut
1 syrup
1 bone
1 silver
1 jewel
1 hide
I think maybe an earth wisp or two.
Ugh.

fino212
12-26-14, 04:24 AM
Can you store the trees once you've started chopping them? Sorry if this has been answered, I haven't got time to read all the pages, lol! Thanks in advance

tigarlilyvol
12-26-14, 04:35 AM
Can you store the trees once you've started chopping them? Sorry if this has been answered, I haven't got time to read all the pages, lol! Thanks in advance

Sorry if you have started chopping can't be stored.

m1stery
12-26-14, 09:10 AM
Just here to say big Thank you to TL!!!!
I'm super grateful for finally being able to store my last years Christmas trees. Plus that splendid three looks simply amazing :) I don't think I'll chop it so I can store it and have it ready for next year :D

Thanks TL. And happy holidays to you all :D

m1stery
12-26-14, 01:35 PM
I just read on one of my neighbors' walls that someone got an ALLICORN by chopping the splendid tree!?! Can anyone please confirm this! I really don't want to start buying really expensive trees if this is a hoax.

anissada
12-26-14, 03:29 PM

Way to go!!

tht's just not fair for those who have bought them before the sale TL !

meme1098
12-26-14, 04:27 PM
I just read on one of my neighbors' walls that someone got an ALLICORN by chopping the splendid tree!?! Can anyone please confirm this! I really don't want to start buying really expensive trees if this is a hoax.

They probably got an alicorn statue.

m1stery
12-27-14, 12:59 AM
They probably got an alicorn statue.

I think that would probably make more sense!
..... although I haven't heard anyone getting any kind of decoration from trees....

kimberly0822
12-29-14, 04:33 AM
3 wood each....thats all ive gotten for 5 christmas trees that i chopped. Thats some pretty pricy firewood. Win some/lose some, i get that, but im getting a bit tired of this random game stuff.

ShibuyaCloth
12-29-14, 05:01 AM
So far I got... wood :) Well to be expected from a tree :D

I still have 100 in storage if and want to go on rampage...

iAyun
12-29-14, 05:37 AM

Amazing!!

queenofpolharcity
12-29-14, 06:31 AM
That is SO creative!! I love, love that tree!!

(expect plagiarism to come in next year's game...ssshhhh!!!)

lol...

anne202b
12-29-14, 12:55 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how long are the Christmas trees available to purchase?

Thanks! :)

freddiemouse
12-29-14, 08:58 PM
[/I]I never bother with these type of quests. Just a trick to get you to spend money if you haven't got gems and the reward is never worth the cost. You should be able to buy the trees with game coins in my opinion!! I have heaps of game coins and nothing to spend them on!! Starting to think this game is a bit of a rip off!!

h72g
12-30-14, 10:07 AM
I just got a white dye from a classic christmas tree - I did not have any of those and I cannot remember ever using/making white dye - is it new or very, very old? Or have I just forgotten :confused:

elizabetheva
12-30-14, 11:53 AM
Also wondering if it's posted anywhere how long the trees will be in the market? I didn't see it in this thread but maybe somewhere else?

tigarlilyvol
12-30-14, 01:58 PM
Also wondering if it's posted anywhere how long the trees will be in the market? I didn't see it in this thread but maybe somewhere else?

All I've seen is middle Jan.

plby
12-30-14, 02:04 PM

Six days left on the goal. No idea if the trees will be in the market after it finishes.

Holodoc
01-02-15, 12:29 AM
I bet it's the same thing like last year: It'll end on Jan. 5th.

moon331
01-04-15, 08:10 PM
Will the backery disappear the same time as the trees?
Please let me know!

zoeee87
01-06-15, 01:09 PM
Will the backery disappear the same time as the trees?
Please let me know!

No. It will still be available me for purchase. But goals related to building will most likely end.

jomykje
01-06-15, 01:45 PM
Sorry if you have started chopping can't be stored.

I didn't chop any tree, but can't store them. Anyone a solution?

jomykje
01-07-15, 04:07 AM
this morning the problem was solved. My trees are all stored now! :D

kooky panda
01-08-15, 11:37 AM
Yes, you can now store your trees!

You should be able to store any unchopped Christmas Trees now. Thanks for your patience!