PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions To Improve Gamer Experience

Natasha_07
12-20-14, 12:23 PM
Suggestions To Improve Game Experience

Dear Teamlava

Hello, I play on several TL games and the tapping is getting so annoying lately. Here are my suggestions to improve certain aspects of the games for a better experience. This would be nice for me and a lot of players who play multiple games.

DRAGON

-Collect all coins button.
-Storage for android users. YEA

BAKERY / RESTAURANT / FASHION / PET SHOP

-Collect all tips/likes / coins/feed.
-Select all ovens/stoves/drink machine/fashion slots to cook the same thing/order the same catalog in 1 click.
-Allow select entire area to place tiles (it takes me 3 taps for each tile, that's a lot of tapping, my fingers get sore after, LOL!)
-Gift all button.
-Accept all request button.
-A little red star to indicate food/drink/catalog had been mastered.

FARM (original) (I don't think it's going to happen but still possible)

-Select all to plant the same crop in 1 click.
-Gift all.
-Accept all requests.

ALL STORY GAMES

-View all inactive neighbors (+2 weeks of not playing).
-Allow OUR post to always be at the top of OUR wall.

EDIT: PSS

I wish there was an accumulation feature without reaching a max time and be able to use a collect all/feed button.

So when you enter the game you collect, say a pet gave 100 per hour and you log in after 9 hours upon the last time you did, you'd collect 900 instead of 100.
We really could use a collect all/feed all or an accumulation feature like BS/RS/FS.

Natasha_07
12-20-14, 12:30 PM
If anyone would like add, please do.

debhutchinson
12-20-14, 07:35 PM
If anyone would like add, please do.

I only play Dragon Story but I would like to see MY post stay at the top of MY wall. This would be useful to inform neighbours if I am away on holidays or just post an announcement of the day.

barbaraann72
12-23-14, 09:12 PM

-Select all ovens/stoves/drink machine/fashion slots to cook the same thing/order the same catalog in 1 click.
-Allow select entire area to place tiles (it takes me 3 taps for each tile, that's a lot of tapping, my fingers get sore after, LOL!)
-Gift all button.

I play RS, BS, & FS - so I omitted the other games.
Collect all coins -- my idea is to have a tip jar. That would get rid of the need to have insane amounts of tables. Tap your Tip Jar and you will have collected all tips.

Select all ovens/stoves/drink machine/fashion slots to cook the same thing/order the same catalog in 1 click. I'm actually ok with the way it is. Ever select the wrong recipe or catalogue?

Gift all button -- this is something that should have been in game since day 1.

A little red star to indicate food/drink/catalog had been mastered -- any colored any thing! It is nearly impossible to tell if a recipe has been mastered.

Natasha_07
12-23-14, 10:46 PM
I play RS, BS, & FS - so I omitted the other games.
Collect all coins -- my idea is to have a tip jar. That would get rid of the need to have insane amounts of tables. Tap your Tip Jar and you will have collected all tips.

I suggested a tipping jar almost 2 years ago so we don't have to be clearing tips/looking at tipped tables & only needed 1 tap instead of 3/6, but it never caught fire.

Hope they take a second look at it this time.

You may be okay with the tapping, but I'm not. If you played all those games you'd understand why.

As for clicking recipe/catalog by mistake, they could include a confirmation pop-up if you choose to do all at once & still allow the regular way if you wanted to do multiple recipe/catalogs. Either way.
As you said "you're okay with it the way it is" then you simply don't have to use the feature.

It would be something like the easy/mighty/forever appliances. Optional if you don't want it.

barbaraann72
12-24-14, 04:07 AM
As for clicking recipe/catalog by mistake, they could include a confirmation pop-up if you choose to do all at once & still allow the regular way if you wanted to do multiple recipe/catalogs. Either way.

If a confirmation pop-up were to be used, then i change my vote on this one. Same with the tiles/wallpaper select all one tap idea. :)

debhutchinson
12-29-14, 12:21 PM
I only play Dragon Story.

Please move the Travel button inside the Menu button on the bottom left or add confirmation button. I'm forever hitting that button by mistake and ending up on my Arctic Isles.

I go there so often that I've now started planting and collecting snow crops that could be used if TL should ever add new dragons over there.

I would also like to see Santa and all the other Christmas dragons either move to the Arctic Isles in the off season OR have those dragons and their habitats stored in Storage to allow us to decorate our Isles for the next occasion.

I think we have reached the point where lifting the habitat and land maxes isn't a good idea. So any dragons that are in habitats or in Storage or in the Stables or in the Arctic should be available for breeding, questing and battling.

EiseiXethlex
01-02-15, 08:43 AM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but in my case, and the case of my dad, we both have games we want to play again and got far in before, and now coming back to it, everything feels foreign. I think having the ability of resetting your in game levels/content back to level 1 to maybe make new friends, or try different methods, different setups etc would be nice. This would be game specific, not deleting EVERYTHING associated with yer Storm8 ID. Just based on a game to game basis.

LonePudding
01-02-15, 08:06 PM
I like the idea of sticky posts, but I don't think it should be for every post, you should be able to choose whether it goes to the top or not. Sometimes I have conversations on my wall for others to read, so they nee to remain in the order posted.

lauraleighashby
01-07-15, 05:25 AM
Have wondered since I started why no comfirmation comes up when choosing a recipe to cook...numerous times I have hit the wrong box...or been trying to slide across and it gets registered as a click and automatically starts cooking...highly annoying since it usually is something that ties up an appliance for far longer than I had wanted or planned.

sally_brown
01-08-15, 08:18 AM
I agree that it's annoying to select the wrong food, but you can click on the oven again once the food gets going and change the recipe to what you want.

I think there are a lot of players who would be annoyed if they had one more thing they had to tap when cooking.

wintercookies1
01-09-15, 02:02 AM
I think having a tip jar is a good idea; I would actually tip neighbours. Tapping on three or six tables all the time to keep your star rating up is boring - which is why I don't tip.

debhutchinson
01-14-15, 09:04 AM
Please let us move our Christmas habitats to the Arctic. I counted and I have space for 9 habitats on the smaller island on the left. Since I have 5 Christmas habitats, they should fit well with space for decorations. If TL deems this a desirable change then please allow any dragons in the Arctic to breed, quest and battle.

Please allow all habitats to be upgradable to 4-dragon types.

Natasha_07
01-30-15, 10:54 AM
Thanks TL for the android features, I asked for storage but got way more. Thanks!

1 down, the rest to go... :rolleyes:

xandine_heartsong
02-23-15, 12:44 AM
It would be nice to have a "remove friend" button as well. O have over 200+ people on my list and more than half of them don't even play anymore.

lauraleighashby
02-23-15, 02:07 PM
It would be nice to have a "remove friend" button as well. O have over 200+ people on my list and more than half of them don't even play anymore.

This is available...when you bring up your neighbours list, at the top is an edit button. Click this and a remove option shows up next to each name....just click remove for those you want to delete. DO MAKE SURE once you are finished that you go back to the top and press "done"...otherwise you may delete someone you had actually intended to visit. This has happened to me a few times.

staceyleekaup
02-26-15, 08:29 AM
Plz help. I've lost my cashier and now it won't let me play! I looked in storage and even bought other ppl but never worked! I'm out of money now! I moved the register but nothing! What did I do?

Tia218
03-27-15, 11:59 AM
buy a new register--- and make sure she has space.

defiantbaker
04-01-15, 08:48 PM
Definitely need something to indicate when a recipe has been mastered. Its hard to tell when its close to finished or if its finished. A star next to the 4, check mark on the photo or something to indicate when it is done would be most helpful.

pieandcream
04-08-15, 12:37 PM
sub-categories for wallpaper, floor decoration etc. takes too long to scroll through them. we need sub-tabs such as: other, seasons, holidays, possibly geographical location.

jennrocks1087
05-05-15, 02:08 PM
I would like to be able to move food to other counters.

doriedogmom
05-08-15, 06:42 PM
GREAT IDEAS I AGREE TOTALLY WITH ALL OF THEM I burned out on a couple of games for this reason.

poopiepants79
05-22-15, 09:00 AM

Dear Teamlava

Hello, I play on several TL games and the tapping is getting so annoying lately. Here are my suggestions to improve certain aspects of the games for a better experience. This would be nice for me and a lot of players who play multiple games.

DRAGON

-Collect all coins button.
-Storage for android users. YEA

-Gift all button.

FARM (original) (I don't think it's going to happen but still possible)

-Select all to plant the same crop in 1 click.
-Gift all.
-Accept all requests.

ALL STORY GAMES

-View all inactive neighbors (+2 weeks of not playing).

EDIT: PSS

We really could use a collect all/feed all or an accumulation feature like BS/RS/FS.

GREAT IDEA! This would be perfect

poopiepants79
05-22-15, 09:01 AM
I would like to be able to move food to other counters.

Yes, me as well

LightAndLove83
05-23-15, 06:04 AM
I would like to see us get a Personal Bakery Banner that people could see upon entering our store. We could leave cute little notes on it. Also, would really like a TIP ALL button. Would love to have a way for players to send specific parts requests instead of us having to ask. Would like to have some type of indicator as to who has or hasn't visited. An indicator of who has tipped, gifted, or and/or both, would be great also. Think the news feed should tell us how many tips were left, rather then, "So and so left tips." (If no tip all button is given) Would like to be able to block people from gifting if need be. I DESPISE MASS GIFTERS!! NO GIFT ALL BUTTON!! Being able to send a request to your neighbors, for the gifts you want (same as when your building) would be better.

Natasha_07
05-24-15, 09:49 AM
You can despise all you want, not everyone has the time to gift each neighbor individually especially those with 100s.

That is why we choose what type of neighbors we want, basic parts neighbors simply can send the same part to the neighborhood since that's what they prefer 'basic parts'.

Also how can mass gifting goal parts be despicable.
It's the same parts the neighborhood needs during a week, as it's 'the gift' on demand during that period.

I would like to see us get a Personal Bakery Banner that people could see upon entering our store. We could leave cute little notes on it. Also, would really like a TIP ALL button. Would love to have a way for players to send specific parts requests instead of us having to ask. Would like to have some type of indicator as to who has or hasn't visited. An indicator of who has tipped, gifted, or and/or both, would be great also. Think the news feed should tell us how many tips were left, rather then, "So and so left tips." (If no tip all button is given) Would like to be able to block people from gifting if need be. I DESPISE MASS GIFTERS!! NO GIFT ALL BUTTON!! Being able to send a request to your neighbors, for the gifts you want (same as when your building) would be better.

LightAndLove83
05-24-15, 03:42 PM
Ok Natasha_07 let me break it down for you.. First, I only have 40 neighbors for the sole purpose of being able to give all my neighbors the attention they need. Should someone else choose to have more neighbors then they can manage, that's their bag, not mine. Secondly, and most importantly...

Let's say you needed to make a bread oven, or any other oven for that matter, in order to have something to cook. So the oven calls for 5 springs, and 5 gears. Your allowed 20 requests a day and twenty gifts a day. For arguments sake, will say you don't have either. Now, you send out twenty requests for springs, which you receive 15 of because 5 people skip playing that day and the rest just don't answer for whatever reason. :-(( now your left with the hopes that you ask your neighbors to send you gears, but instead they send you...WHATEVER! Let's say, for arguments sake, cuz I've had this happen, that no one sends you gears all week. Now you have just been reduced to having to rely on requests, which causes you to have to wait three days just to build one or two ovens. At that point, I'm thinking, "Why do I even have neighbors?" This game was created for interdependence. Just like a business that orders cupcake icing would discontinue ordering from a company that sends them Pepperoni instead, so would a player discontinue being neighbors with someone who doesn't feel that their neighbors requests for help are important. Mass gifting is of no help to the neighbor receiving the unwanted gift and here's the kicker! Some people say...well just delete the gift if you don't want it...*buzzard noise* WRONG! Go ahead..I dare anyone to count the number of gifts they receive when they delete one. For every gift you delete, you lose a slot. So if you have 20 gifts and you delete 2, you will lose a slot and only receive 19. And it only goes downhill from there. The more you have to delete, the more slots you lose. So when people say just delete it, I assume they mean THEM, and that's exactly what I do. :-/

lauraleighashby
05-27-15, 01:00 PM
I gift as I tip throughout the day, respond to requests, gift back, etc. I only mass gift (when I remember to) before I go to bed. At that point I can't send what they want/need til after reset anyway. A gift all button would be really convenient then.

charitypeoplemom
06-09-15, 07:14 PM
Yes, I may be OCD, but it would be immeasurably more convenient if items were categorized- Christmas items together, Halloween together, plants together ... Scrolling through items is terribly tedious.

puddi69
06-23-15, 09:51 AM
Yes, these suggestions are great! I wish they could do a bigger update... Have Team Lava given you any response about these suggestions?

sweetiepb
06-30-15, 06:14 PM
A purchase confirmation button for use when making a purchase using gems. It is entirely too easy to touch the wrong place on your screen and "buy" something you neither want nor need.

blueangel826
07-07-15, 07:16 PM
This is my first time on the forum & I tried to reply to someone's suggestion. Don't know what I'm doing or it wouldn't be here! I started BS & RS 10 days ago & learning by trial & error. So many people with experience & great ideas. One of my neighbors on RS & BS told me I'm doing something right since I'm on Lvl 27 on one & 29 on the other. Totally confused by the goals, too. I'm working on one now for BS & supposed to buy an appliance. I tried & am blocked that I have too many appliances now unless I want to spend 49 gems, which I don't have. I was able to buy the wallpaper & tile, the tables but chairs are locked. Didn't know that the clues built on each other, so missed the July 4th oven. I need help badly but I'm sure this isn't where this should go. Sorry...forgive the newbie.

Natasha_07
07-07-15, 07:52 PM
You'll find questions & answers in the following link. Click below:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82781-Bakery-goals-july-01-2015-bake-off-and-fireworks!!&

This is my first time on the forum & I tried to reply to someone's suggestion. Don't know what I'm doing or it wouldn't be here! I started BS & RS 10 days ago & learning by trial & error. So many people with experience & great ideas. One of my neighbors on RS & BS told me I'm doing something right since I'm on Lvl 27 on one & 29 on the other. Totally confused by the goals, too. I'm working on one now for BS & supposed to buy an appliance. I tried & am blocked that I have too many appliances now unless I want to spend 49 gems, which I don't have. I was able to buy the wallpaper & tile, the tables but chairs are locked. Didn't know that the clues built on each other, so missed the July 4th oven. I need help badly but I'm sure this isn't where this should go. Sorry...forgive the newbie.

jao1961
07-19-15, 02:17 PM
I would like to scroll through "my gifts" and have the option to delete some that only may have a one count taking up space and memory😄

LionessLettie61
07-28-15, 09:35 PM
This I totally agree with, I especially would like to see my posts stay on my wall, but I've emailed my suggestion several times n still my posts disappear....but otherwise i love ur ideas

golferchick777
08-12-15, 03:55 PM
I agree with having categories for the gifts, kind of like RS ... but better! :D

golferchick777
08-12-15, 04:04 PM
Excellent suggestion! I lost 28 gems while moving the screen, hit an area of expansion and before I knew it, I had paid to expand immediately! :(

kakmiztresss
08-12-15, 05:39 PM
I love all your suggestions and you're absolutely right that it would make the games better. I play your bakery, restaurant and fashion story too. I stopped playing pet story because of these and other reasons.

sissysue69
08-31-15, 11:38 AM
I play dragon story. Definitely need select all when requesting maps from neighbors. How time consuming and irritating to have to select every neighbors individually

mariarenee83
09-11-15, 06:44 PM
Ikr gifting ppl tired my fingers off n more goals, theme colors, update profile n more

DelephantShoes
09-16-15, 05:42 AM
PLEASE make an easier way to know when foods/recipes are mastered in Restaurant Story. A bar that changes to a certain (bright) color once the food is mastered would be great.

Natasha_07
09-16-15, 02:07 PM
PLEASE make an easier way to know when foods/recipes are mastered in Restaurant Story. A bar that changes to a certain (bright) color once the food is mastered would be great.

Even a colored star o crown would be nice in all the story games.

deekathleen
09-16-15, 07:17 PM
It would greatly improve things if decor items were checked, to make sure they are in scale with other items, before releasing them.

mariarenee83
09-17-15, 02:45 AM
Yeah Bakery, Restaurant n Fashion Story it needs select all my fingers hurt. Ouch. Than Fashion Story needs more gift clothes, all my nbrs tired of the same thing. Tips n jars that's good, the goals that wasn't finished it needs to take off goals. Bakery Story needs to add different color to the cash register all theme is always brown including Restaurant Story. Titles it need to do 3 titles it take so much work for one including the walls. More New goals n updates I making sure all my nbrs be happy including me. Tyvm for reading it. :-)

KingdomMagicD
09-23-15, 05:50 AM
I would like to see a feature that allows you to move WHOLE rooms if you want or rotate a whole room without having to move every single item one at a time. That not only would help with decorating.... Our neighbors would not be thinking they are being ignored when all we are really doing is taking FOREVER to redecorate. I think being able to get back to our neighbors quickly would also cut down on ALOT of the nasty posts I've seen because a neighbor did not answer right away....again because they were having to move every single item in their restaurant.

christaduff
09-29-15, 10:07 PM
I second the gift all tab that should be a priority.

christaduff
09-29-15, 10:10 PM
It would greatly improve things if decor items were checked, to make sure they are in scale with other items, before releasing them.

I second that it is just bad design having the scale of items VERY off in some cases.

ChefDona
10-04-15, 06:29 PM

Yes...we need some way to know for sure a recipe is mastered!

sweetpea6645
10-06-15, 01:42 PM
yes absolutely these are really great ideas my fingers hurt sometimes I don't even play anymore because of that so it would be a big big improvement and a big help

SugarShack345
10-06-15, 01:46 PM
I am relatively new to Bakery Story, but I am really enjoying this game - maybe even addicted to it! I appreciate the fall d?cor that has returned for a limited time to allow us newbies to decorate. However, I am frustrated and discouraged regarding the appliances. As a new player, there are so many appliances that were goals earlier this year and in years past that I would love to have: the Texas oven, Texas stove, puff oven, whip fountain, frosty freezer, choco-love oven, fondue fountain, winter frost fountain, just to name a few. All these appliances show up in my appliance menu, however, they are unavailable to me. I can completely understand about not being able to complete the goals that were offered in association with these appliances, but I do not understand why I am unable to purchase them. It penalizes new players and is incredibly disappointing. I am begging, please, please make these appliances available for all players to purchase. It could be through an end of the year limited time offer, it could be offered in the appliance's "anniversary" month (the month it was released), especially for the more seasonal appliances ... it doesn't matter. Yes, I would go broke purchasing all the appliances I want, but at least I would be able to get them. PLEASE make all the appliances available to purchase!!

duh1234wq
12-15-15, 12:11 PM
- Selectable sort orders for friends (Alphabetical/Least recent visited/by level). I try to visit lower levels even when maxed out(sparklies help a lot at lower levels), but all the scrolling to find them is a pain in the fingers...

bustedbob
04-13-16, 04:39 AM
What a fantastic idea

blueangel826
05-13-16, 12:28 PM
I only play Dragon Story but I would like to see MY post stay at the top of MY wall. This would be useful to inform neighbours if I am away on holidays or just post an announcement of the day.
That is one of the most effective suggestions I've EVER SEEN! ! Depending upon # of posts I get after I've posted something for ALL my nbrs to see, my post may be gone due to way bottom msg rolls off after so many new ones posted! POOR SYSTEM WHEN I POST IMPORTANT MSG I WANT ALL NBRS TO SEE! !

blueangel826
05-13-16, 01:05 PM
Please let us move our Christmas habitats to the Arctic. I counted and I have space for 9 habitats on the smaller island on the left. Since I have 5 Christmas habitats, they should fit well with space for decorations. If TL deems this a desirable change then please allow any dragons in the Arctic to breed, quest and battle.

Please allow all habitats to be upgradable to 4-dragon types.

Wonderful, unless you're playing on Android! We don't have Arctic Isles OR any other alternate locations for our holiday dragons & habitats! Wish I had money to buy an iPad or iPhone but to live on a fixed income due to disability, I had to go to a no frills/no upgrade mobile plan to a "No Contract" company. Have to buy their phones/tablets & they aren't discounted. Monthly price is within my budget but no iOS. Reality is what it is!

kooky panda
05-13-16, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, this is an older thread and since it is discussing suggestions for numerous games, some of these may not been seen since this is in the Bakery forum.
You can add suggestions for dragon story on a current suggestion thread in the dragon forum( or start a new thread if needed).