PDA

View Full Version : What's with the ugly billboard?

FridayFarms
12-19-14, 08:43 PM

An icon isn't enough anymore? Give me a break!

Aernak
12-19-14, 09:01 PM
I saw that too. It's so ugly. I hate it.

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 09:19 PM
I thought this was some sort of glitch! I imagine it's not actually supposed to go through the habitats but even if it didn't, I still think it's pretty awful.

zenobia42
12-19-14, 09:26 PM
Whoa - that's awful!

I don't have it but that may be because I downloaded and played the game right away to get the next steps in the quests to get free GEMS.

FridayFarms
12-19-14, 09:34 PM
I usually do download and play for the gems, just haven't got around to this one yet.

I may have to just to get rid of the ad... Which is TLs plan in the first place...

sand
12-20-14, 04:18 AM
Intrusive advertising structures for downloading other apps are fairly common in TeamLava games. Games like Dragon Story have a big blimp hanging off a cliff. In Restaurant Story or Bakery Story, some customers have thought bubbles that display the ads. But by far, the most offensive ones are the signposts carried by the shoppers who walk through your boutique in Fashion Story.

The pop-ups should be annoying enough; but TL often throws in the intrusive ads -- signs that show up on your land, in your store, or outside your door. They make it harder for players to ignore the offers and are often placed where you can easily tap them by accident. It really doesn't matter what they look like, artistically. They are inherently unattractive because they interrupt the theme and scenery; bottom line is you DON'T want them there. TeamLava should at least pay you an advertising commission for hosting their billboards, blimps and signposts.

While you can make them temporarily vanish just by clicking through them, downloading the advertised app is usually the only way to get rid of them for good. That becomes a pain if you really DON'T want to download, even for the gems. In my case, I usually CAN'T do the download without deleting some other animated games. The increasing file sizes on these games makes it impossible to fit more than a couple of them on my old iPhone.

flowless
12-21-14, 09:27 AM
Lol that's funny I have seen this billboard since city story ( cough cough long time ago that is )

Anyhow I don't mind advertisement
As this is how I discovered some of most enjoyable games like this one

And when one of those goal pop up
I always feel like I skipped a beat
( love free stuff ( hate sales though) ;)

But I guess if some one really really don't want to download a game
( and not wanting the goals that follow
Then it's only fair to have an option not to

FridayFarms
12-22-14, 11:54 AM
I don't mind the ads for new games, it's just the pop up, the icon, AND the billboard seemed excessive. Now there are two more ads for games, plus two that I have in progress. Four goals for additional games is too much!

Thank goodness there aren't billboards for each, my forest would look like a freeway!

Vodelle
12-22-14, 01:53 PM
Um... beyond ALL of that, what I'm most annoyed at is that the offer to download the ... whatever it was, fantasyland or whatever? I swear there were like 3-4 days left but now that's gone. Maybe silly but I haven't had much time to do the whole download & install so I was putting it off for a bit, and now I missed out on that chance.

readysetgo888
12-22-14, 01:56 PM
Um... beyond ALL of that, what I'm most annoyed at is that the offer to download the ... whatever it was, fantasyland or whatever? I swear there were like 3-4 days left but now that's gone. Maybe silly but I haven't had much time to do the whole download & install so I was putting it off for a bit, and now I missed out on that chance.

I thought the same exact thing. It said 7 days and that wasn't 7 days ago... now it's been replaced by two Christmas themed games instead. Meh. I guess I would have played all of them because they give decent gems. I hope that the offer comes back, but probably won't. Not cool.