PDA

View Full Version : Question for New Players

ghjvcucjb
12-19-14, 03:51 PM
I've been playing since the early days of Castle Story. In the beginning there were only a few goals that lead to other goals once they were accomplished and sporadically a new goal or set of goals would pop up. It was all very linear and comprehensive.

In the past year I've been reading a lot of posts by people who have only been playing for a short time, less than one year, that seem to be very confused about which goals to start, finish, work on, etc. it made me curious as to how the game/goals appear to the newer players.

Do you have 20/30/+ goals in your goal books? Are they in any order or just random?

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I really want to know how it looks to new ones and how you decided on what to work on.

ryusei745
12-19-14, 09:10 PM
they have it for android also, and even though i think of myself as a veteran player of castle story (not to the extent that you are, im lvl 45 right now, almost done all the goals), it didnt seem overwhelming if that is what you are getting at. played the android version for a week or so, still have it installed, just like my high level account better, but never had more than 5 or so goals at one time, and thats the high number, gives you enough to work through without being too much. its not like a certain unmentionable facebook game that is similar but throws a million quests in your face as soon as you reach a certain level.

ghjvcucjb
12-20-14, 01:39 AM
Thanks Ryusei745. I've been so curious wondering about it and how the goal book must look. I can't imagine how I would get through this game if all the goals appeared at once. But now I know only a few pop up at a time.

genellemac
12-20-14, 03:40 AM
I have 2 CS accounts, my primary one is level 49 ( so so close to 50, probably only another 1000 or so of XP lol), and my level 26, which I really started playing during the Halloween Event. So, my goal book is HUGE, upgrade buildings, expand here and there, forge excalibum, make a cobbler and some lemonade, feed the champions, upgrade the jousting arena, plan a blinking party for the baron, TRIALS AND TRIBUTES (a badge is our reward...seriously) and of course lets not forget Pepe for a mere 500000 coins he will give you wheat, corn etc if not maxed out....and I know the scary 'Cooking Caravan' is soon going to be in my little/big blue book.

So in response to your question, it all flows, it all makes sense, as an apparently experienced player ( although sometimes very confused) starting all over again, I know where to focus my energy and time. However, I am so, so sure I had the Trolls and the Roost before Sabina...not this time around though. I suppose that is the nature of the game. ( I don't even have her, I just need to expand there, but no chance can I get to the troll pit...no troll essence)

The game is different for everybody due to how and when we finish our goals/quests.

So YES for lower level players our goals seem unachievable and our books are FULL, but you can do it.

reliquary
12-21-14, 01:52 PM
I have a second ~ lv.15 account too. What I noticed is how easily everything flows together, it would be rather obvious to a new player as to what quest leads to the next, even when u have 20 goals in your book.
There is never nothing to do:)
On my main account, I started last May and plowed thru all the goals and have lost my book. I found the forum rather early and printed out Dabag's goal list, so I did know what was coming and was prepared. But even if an early player never sees the forum, TL have done a great job at combining difficult goals with easy entertaining ones:)