PDA

View Full Version : Present Pheasant 12-19-14 REMOVED

zenobia42
12-19-14, 12:36 PM
super rare nature-fire
7:00 breed
8:00 evolve
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17431&d=1419018616&thumb=1http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193754/fantasy-story/images/thumb/0/0d/Present_Pheasant_Baby.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Baby.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193755/fantasy-story/images/thumb/9/92/Present_Pheasant_Juvenile.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Juvenile.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193754/fantasy-story/images/thumb/c/c8/Present_Pheasant_Adult.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Adult.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193755/fantasy-story/images/thumb/8/89/Present_Pheasant_Epic.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Epic.png

There's a 'goal' for the Present Pheasant called 'Pheasantly Surprised' which rewards you with 5 gems and 3XP---and lasts for only 7 days (I'm assuming, like Scarecrow, that this will be gone forever after a week).

ArcadiaTofu
12-19-14, 12:42 PM
Got it :D

7-hr breeding (after many, many tries and combos)

flowless
12-19-14, 12:44 PM
Not happy at all
How many limited animlas do we need to run after at the same time

TL please
One limited at a time
It's too much
Love the game
But lately .....:(

zenobia42
12-19-14, 12:44 PM
Congrats, Arcadia!

zenobia42
12-19-14, 12:45 PM
Not happy at all
How many limited animlas do we need to run after at the same time

TL please
One limited at a time
It's too much
Love the game
But lately .....:(

ITA with this. There are 4 that we already know are limited, and I think it's a safe assumption the Menoram will change to limited. That is FIVE LIMITED animals if you include this one. This is much more stressful than it is fun. Well, I guess it's fun for the gazillion people who have managed to breed Xmas animals. But for those of us denied them all over 70 times, NOT FUN.

And ANOTHER 7-HOUR TIMER? How patently obvious can they BE?

Melis2a84
12-19-14, 12:46 PM
Yay got it

I breed panda and pony

Congrats Arcadia :D

zenobia42
12-19-14, 12:52 PM
Yet another fairy ferret fail for me. I'm getting a wee bit tired of seeing that 3-hour timer after seeing it 62 times in the last 14 days.

Vodelle
12-19-14, 01:01 PM
Hmm.

Not sure if I'll be trying for this one, since I'm doing water&lightning at the moment. I was lucky enough to get the christmas animals and to be honest, I'm really tired of fire/nature combinations. (I joined a month or so back and since then have had almost no time to breed dark or lightning since every limited animal has been fire, earth, or nature, except I guess the turkey which had water mixed in.) Might just stick to trying to get the Menoram. x__x

Melis2a84
12-19-14, 01:03 PM
Here are some pics I speed him through as have a busy day doing Christmas shopping it's gonna be crazy out there lol

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 01:09 PM
Wow another bird clone. I think I can live without it.

At least, maybe if I try for it I'll get a Poodle as a "fail."

Melis2a84
12-19-14, 01:12 PM
He reminds me of the scarecrow just different colours lol

Fingers crossed you get your poodle :D

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 01:19 PM
Oh it's a bird clone AND it's another 7 hour breed time? How obnoxious, TL. This is seriously ridiculous IMO.

knj00
12-19-14, 01:24 PM
I adore this one in Adult and Epic forms. I'm done trying to speed breed for it though.... hopefully it will make an appearance on my island before it expires.

EviBrooklyn
12-19-14, 01:32 PM
@ level 10

sand
12-19-14, 01:57 PM
Groan... At the top of the list of animal types I don't want to see more of are Earth-Natures and Nature-Fires. And at the tippy top of the unwanted list is yet another 7-hour Nature-Fire to further foil my attempts to breed members of the Christmas Presents Trio. Gosh. They are ****ing me here.

cquinn32
12-19-14, 02:05 PM
another fire/nature with a 7hr breed time!!! zzzzzzz oh wait it's limited better buy a bunch of gems to speed breed!! Let me guess right after this menoram will become limited also. Whatever!!!

ArcadiaTofu
12-19-14, 02:09 PM
I agree---the Fire-Nature pairing is pretty brutal this year. If I see ONE more Fire-Nature creature released I'll blow my stack -___- I loved that they made the Menoram Lightning-Water because it wasn't that blasted Fire-Nature breeding pool!

Please, TL, we're begging you: No more Fire-Nature hybrids ever again ;__; Please retire that breeding combo forevermore... There are other breeding pools you can use that are seriously lacking (Dark-Water is one of them and another is Fire-Earth if you want to go with the more 'simple' elements... or better yet, make more Fire-Water animals that we can breed for like the Steamtrunk!)

On a more specific note...

Zenobia, there's a 'goal' for the Present Pheasant called 'Pheasantly Surprised' which rewards you with 5 gems and 3XP---and lasts for only 7 days (I'm assuming, like Scarecrow, that this will be gone forever after a week). So, yeah... there might be a bit of a rush to try for this one...

Just thought I'd mention that in case you wanted to add it to your top post :)

Good job, everyone for breeding this one, and good luck to everyone having crappy luck so far. I had to go through about 13 fails before finally getting this one, so I expect it might be as difficult (if not more so) than the Menoram >.<

Shylore
12-19-14, 02:15 PM
Yes buy more gems to speed breed. So they will make more super rare, ie very very hard to get, ie cost more gems and get deeper into hose pockets.

Vodelle
12-19-14, 02:34 PM
Groan... At the top of the list of animal types I don't want to see more of are Earth-Natures and Nature-Fires. And at the tippy top of the unwanted list is yet another 7-hour Nature-Fire to further foil my attempts to breed members of the Christmas Presents Trio. Gosh. They are ****ing me here.

I agree---the Fire-Nature pairing is pretty brutal this year. If I see ONE more Fire-Nature creature released I'll blow my stack -___- I loved that they made the Menoram Lightning-Water because it wasn't that blasted Fire-Nature breeding pool!

Please, TL, we're begging you: No more Fire-Nature hybrids ever again ;__; Please retire that breeding combo forevermore... There are other breeding pools you can use that are seriously lacking (Dark-Water is one of them and another is Fire-Earth if you want to go with the more 'simple' elements... or better yet, make more Fire-Water animals that we can breed for like the Steamtrunk!)

Amen, that's what I said, too!

It was sort of nice when I started, but now that I've been playing for a month or a bit more, I would love to get working on the other elements I have (y'know, lightning and dark? I haven't had time to breed those at all, which is why I'm going for the menoram).

FFS is sort of unique in that instead of adding a ton of new elements, they have a lot of animals with the same element combo. Honestly, I don't think I'd mind it if they started doing triple elements. That would give them a lot more room to maneuver. Of course, this is also FFS/TL we are talking about, so those would be really annoying to get and the fails would be even worse. (Like trying for the toucan or unicorn, I suppose.)

RorJam
12-19-14, 02:36 PM
Wow 7hr timer first try. I was excited but with no Christmas animals yet idk I probably got a vinotaur lmao! Can't speed it though I have a menoram cooking not going to blow 30 gems to be disappointed with /sigh fire and nature

zenobia42
12-19-14, 02:48 PM
I updated the OP. The epic form looks pretty cool IMO. But I just can't scrounge up the energy to get excited about this guy. Or the game any more. The 0-for-84 on Xmas animals has thrown a wet blanket over the whole game for me.

xxxe
12-19-14, 02:54 PM
Another 7 hour timer for a limited animal..

Drachenia
12-19-14, 03:00 PM
The reindeer I still do not I breed with Yule Mule / Pyro pony and got Fairy ferret, I was happy 7 hours Present Pheasant

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 03:03 PM
And this one doesn't have the Christmas element either... why not? I mean, isn't that weird? Why did they even bother with the "Christmas" element at all if they weren't going to use it for the world event prizes or this animal, which is very clearly Christmas themed?

For a bird, it's pretty nice looking, but I'm just flat out never getting excited about the bird animals anymore. IMO they don't look as nice in the forest because their details are smaller than the other animals.

And oh yes, no more nature-fire... no more...! I would really love to see more dark and electric animals.

PernReloaded
12-19-14, 03:03 PM
I would rather have the Menoram, if that's what I have to spend my time on- and I don't think I'll be breeding that one any time soon.

dumbpluff
12-19-14, 03:19 PM
seriously? three fire-nature animals with seven hour timers so far, and out of three at-the-start limited animals, three are birds.

this is so stupid anymore.

edit: no, I'm sorry. it's FOUR fire-nature seven hour animals. that's ridiculous. riiiidiculous.

ArcadiaTofu
12-19-14, 04:31 PM
super rare nature-fire, animal images to follow

7:00 breed
8:00 evolve
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193754/fantasy-story/images/thumb/c/c8/Present_Pheasant_Adult.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Adult.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141219193755/fantasy-story/images/thumb/8/89/Present_Pheasant_Epic.png/200px-Present_Pheasant_Epic.png

And, um... why is the Pheasant's tail gray in epic form? Shouldn't it be red or reddish like in adult form? >.< Seems like a TL goof to me...

Vodelle
12-19-14, 04:41 PM
And this one doesn't have the Christmas element either... why not? I mean, isn't that weird? Why did they even bother with the "Christmas" element at all if they weren't going to use it for the world event prizes or this animal, which is very clearly Christmas themed?
My guess was that it was kind of like a ploy to sell the holiday habitat to people. After all, there were 3 animals (that couldn't be placed together)... but you could, if you bought this 500 gem habitat!

As for why they don't make the rest of them have christmas element (maybe encouraging the use of more habitats, to get them all together?) I have no clue. It's a weird choice. Personally I think they should have either not had the new element at all (since it's fairly niche/gimmicky) OR used it on all the xmas-related ones.

And, um... why is the Pheasant's tail gray in epic form? Shouldn't it be red or reddish like in adult form? >.< Seems like a TL goof to me...
Maybe someone could email them about it? It looks like they forgot a coloring layer somewhere.

The only other thing I can think of, is, um, maybe silver jingle bells, but that feels like a bit of a stretch.

Hawksmoor
12-19-14, 04:51 PM
@ level 10

Lol Evi, your Vampire Cat looks like it vants to bite hees neck! Lmao!

EviBrooklyn
12-19-14, 05:05 PM

I moved the pheasant so to avoid any mishaps

Hawksmoor
12-19-14, 05:11 PM
I moved the pheasant so to avoid any mishaps

:p lol better to be safe than sorry

sweetypies97
12-19-14, 05:12 PM
ITA with this. There are 4 that we already know are limited, and I think it's a safe assumption the Menoram will change to limited. That is FIVE LIMITED animals if you include this one. This is much more stressful than it is fun. Well, I guess it's fun for the gazillion people who have managed to breed Xmas animals. But for those of us denied them all over 70 times, NOT FUN.

And ANOTHER 7-HOUR TIMER? How patently obvious can they BE?

ita :(

intrinsicallyknotted
12-19-14, 05:24 PM
Wow, I got the egg on the second try! It's shortly after I finally got my Santa Claws, too. I've done a lot of speed breeding on these holiday animals, though.

Until these Christmas critters I was hoarding my gems very carefully in case of emergencies, but since missing out on the Cold Turkey I've started to think of the limited animals as emergencies as well.

Now I have to decide whether to work on Menoram (still need the other water/lightning super-rare, too) or go back to breeding earth/nature for the Harvest Hedgehog (which I'm certain is going to disappear soon). Good luck to everyone still working on these elusive critters!

EviBrooklyn
12-19-14, 05:50 PM
I also think we have had enough Christmas animals, fire/nature animals etc
I am completely in love with menoram, which I finally got my 2nd, but this pheasant I think was totally unneccessary
A new ultra rare or a new element might be more exciting than endless fire/nature animals.
For thanksgiving we got too many also on top of the ones we received from the world event, which I personally love them all... But we can't have 10 animals for each holiday we'll have.
I hope something more exciting will come next Tuesday
Crossing my fingers !!

zenobia42
12-19-14, 05:51 PM
Wow, I got the egg on the second try! It's shortly after I finally got my Santa Claws, too. I've done a lot of speed breeding on these holiday animals, though.

Until these Christmas critters I was hoarding my gems very carefully in case of emergencies, but since missing out on the Cold Turkey I've started to think of the limited animals as emergencies as well.

Now I have to decide whether to work on Menoram (still need the other water/lightning super-rare, too) or go back to breeding earth/nature for the Harvest Hedgehog (which I'm certain is going to disappear soon). Good luck to everyone still working on these elusive critters!

Congrats! And yes, I save my gems for a rainy day, too. And limited animals = rain lol. But I still try to not ues them all in these situations. Because you never know when they will do something like make breeding a gem hybrid 100% for 1 day if you have the right animal. ;)

FridayFarms
12-19-14, 06:24 PM
Got it first try with Yule Mule and Pyro Pony, which shocked me since I failed to get the Pumpkin Panda and have still not gotten the Menoram or the Toucan (along with many others).

Now back to trying for Toucan, latest fail is 7 hours. Will see what it is in the morning.

seekerbears
12-19-14, 06:48 PM
Am I the only one that has noticed that the limited animals have all been the same bird?! First the scarecrow then The cold turkey now this? Like seriously I know that we've had other limited animals but those have become limited after a few weeks these are the limited animals that are limited at the start and I'm kind of pissed off that it's always the bird

flowless
12-19-14, 07:06 PM
Am I the only one that has noticed that the limited animals have all been the same bird?! First the scarecrow then The cold turkey now this? Like seriously I know that we've had other limited animals but those have become limited after a few weeks these are the limited animals that are limited at the start and I'm kind of pissed off that it's always the bird

Yah true what's with the fascination of this bird
I Kindda wish That we have a habitus to group all the clones of this bird in one place

The fustration continue .....

dumbpluff
12-19-14, 07:29 PM
nope, definitely not just you. I noticed it and was just immediately upset. we have enough birds - the same bird in different colors, nonetheless - to where another limited bird is so underwhelming it's actually energy-sapping. like if they want people to blow a lot of money or gems, they'd probably have so much more luck if they made the limited animals worth breeding for. like a creature that isn't a palette of anything, for starters.

that's what I'd imagine would be a better fail safe, anyway. B'/

EviBrooklyn
12-19-14, 07:43 PM
Yah true what's with the fascination of this bird
I Kindda wish That we have a habitus to group all the clones of this bird in one place

The fustration continue .....

Soon we will need an island, an habitat won't be enough

my607
12-19-14, 07:57 PM
I don't like these limited flying birds so annoying.

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 08:01 PM
Yeah... I also can't believe we're up to 9 total Christmas animals. I'm starting to think that it may be over-Christmasing my forest to get them all. I don't want to stick them all together in a corner so they become like that one Christmas decoration you forgot to take down and it stays up all year and it annoys you to look at it lol...

Hopefully we've at least since the last one we'll be getting now. If there's a tournament on Tuesday, I hope it's for something totally different. Who's betting we get some sort of New Year's animal? Maybe a New Year's flash tournament?

intrinsicallyknotted
12-19-14, 08:09 PM
Congrats! And yes, I save my gems for a rainy day, too. And limited animals = rain lol. But I still try to not ues them all in these situations. Because you never know when they will do something like make breeding a gem hybrid 100% for 1 day if you have the right animal. ;)

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought of that. I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the guaranteed Ruby Razorback (not due to a full nest, just the fact that I wasn't paying attention to the forums). I wouldn't want to get caught out with a full nest and den and no way to clear it quickly!

Aernak
12-19-14, 08:31 PM
My son just got one - lucky!!! He used pyro pony and panda (was trying for reindeer).

It's so cute! I want one but man the thought of more red/green breeding sounds hellish. I may just stick w toucan breeding and maybe Ill get this as a happy fail...

Good luck everyone... I hope we all get them!

dragonloona
12-19-14, 10:02 PM
I think some people won't like me by saying I got this on my first try!!! Lol one of the few super rare creatures I get without a headache lol!!! Named her Gift since I had a bad day plus still having trouble getting menoram, and she showed up!!!! Pictures below, some cropped and in different positions!!! Sorry about late reply for didn't have Internet most of the day!!! Good luck to all in geting one!!!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0100_zps6e044460.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0100_zps6e044460.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsfec21318.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsfec21318.jpg.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps244e6d39.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps244e6d39.jpg.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0106_zps25d62ff4.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0106_zps25d62ff4.jpg.html)

jsburas
12-19-14, 10:50 PM
Yea breed this one first time tried too! Took a break from trying for the Menoram and right off got 7 hrs and it was this cutie!

keller63
12-20-14, 02:03 AM
Ok yes it's frustrating for it to be in the same boat with other fire nature hybrids aka 7 hour timer etc, but at least it could be a fail when trying for poodle etc. unlike the cold turkey when you had to throw water in the mix which added more possible fails. Personally I'm thankful the fire/nature hybrids are all small timers, was nothing more annoying trying for your earth/nature thanks giving ones and getting 14hour fails. There's your silver lining If anyone is needing it.

As I don't have one of these 'annoying' bird throw offs I'm not so worried about the design, in fact I love it's little bow and seem to be the only one thinking it might be exciting to get one. Certainly glad it could be a fail when trying for the others. I would rather trade in the mistletoed sloth/krampus for this one, I'm really not interested in those two at all and have same elements/rarity as this bird so please tl, take away those options from me and give me higher rate on this bird!!

I read on the bird to try with Christmas elements, it's actually quite relieving to hear people getting it from fire/nature breeds. That alone increases my hopes.

17453 This actually made me think I needed the Christmas element

Good luck either way to everyone with all the elusive creatures out there, I'm amongst you and still haven't any either!!

Foxy_Kit
12-20-14, 04:29 AM
I'm going to try for this after I get the Meerkat. Not too optimistic about actually getting it though :p

Dragonloona, that Unicorncopia looks absolutely gorgeous!!

sand
12-20-14, 04:47 AM

Who can blame the vamp? The darn pheasant looks like "BLOOD on the leaves".

readysetgo888
12-20-14, 07:55 AM
I think some people won't like me by saying I got this on my first try!!! Lol one of the few super rare creatures I get without a headache lol!!! Named her Gift since I had a bad day plus still having trouble getting menoram, and she showed up!!!! Pictures below, some cropped and in different positions!!! Sorry about late reply for didn't have Internet most of the day!!! Good luck to all in geting one!!!!!

Aw that is a really cute name.

CoodieBug
12-20-14, 08:13 AM
My son just got one - lucky!!! He used pyro pony and panda (was trying for reindeer).

It's so cute! I want one but man the thought of more red/green breeding sounds hellish. I may just stick w toucan breeding and maybe Ill get this as a happy fail...

Good luck everyone... I hope we all get them!

I would like one of those Present Pheasants-still can't get Claus so maybe this one will come along! They certainly work hard pumping them out at TL !! The Christmas event with all the presents is cheering me up and the expansions seem to be quicker (at least for the extraneous matter left behind TG !!!). Can't wait to get the Merry Meercat also!!! Good luck everyone :-)

seekerbears
12-20-14, 09:17 AM
This is like very surprising to me but all these Christmas animals seem to be coming easy to me. I got the reindeer poodle and Santa claws in the first like 3 days I got the mule in the tournament with 9hrs left to spare and now I got this new bird on the first try I think this is weird

cquinn32
12-20-14, 09:38 AM
Got this pheasant after about a dozen fails and then immediately got a 22 hr timer with lightning/water right after putting pheasant on the nest!!! Hoping its menoram :-)

keller63
12-20-14, 11:55 AM
Got this pheasant after about a dozen fails and then immediately got a 22 hr timer with lightning/water right after putting pheasant on the nest!!! Hoping its menoram :-)

i have my fingers crossed for you !!

RorJam
12-20-14, 01:01 PM
Wow 7hr timer first try. I was excited but with no Christmas animals yet idk I probably got a vinotaur lmao! Can't speed it though I have a menoram cooking not going to blow 30 gems to be disappointed with /sigh fire and natureso it was a reindeer lol then vinotaur then jackolope then a ferret and got really mad and sped bred through a million ferrets until...pheasant! Only costed me about 55 gems that I had saved up. Still frustrated that ferrets don't give explosives every time! Now all I need is poodle and Santa claws. Got menoram, Seamur, reindeer and pheasant all in 36 hours. Feeling pretty good! Im happy, happy I didnt spend cash on a iTunes card lol

DragonMoon006
12-20-14, 03:20 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps7ca1cccc.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps7ca1cccc.jpg.html)

Wow! This bird seems easier to breed than the Xmas babies. First try with Panda x Pony. Prior to this been putting Unicorn into breeding den turning up long trails of ferrets, fallabies and vinotaurs!!

Now back to basic Pony x Panda combo and got another 7 hrs! Hopefully 1 of the Xmas babies :D

keller63
12-21-14, 08:31 AM
Soo chuffed :). 3rd-4th egg since the pheasant came out. 2 Christmas animals down 2 to go

sanya87
12-21-14, 11:09 AM
Got him too, after only 2 tries :) I used reindeer and poodle

sand
12-21-14, 11:54 AM
Ferrets, Ferrets and more Ferrets.
No Pheasant.
No Poodle.
No Santa.

Same nonsense in all three forests, with an occasional Simian or (in the case of Vash-Naroom) more Reindeer.
Triple the freakin pain. It's hard to feel any Christmas spirit with such dismal breeding results. If frustration doesn't **** my game, the sheer boredom will.

Aernak
12-21-14, 12:15 PM
I wonder if going for the pheasant would be easier if I waited until after jan 2, when the 3 xmas critters are removed. There will be less red/green animals in the mix... What do u think? Think pheasant odds may go up a little once the deer/poodle/santa are removed? Or think he will be same odds?

Aernak
12-21-14, 12:19 PM
Ferrets, Ferrets and more Ferrets.
No Pheasant.
No Poodle.
No Santa.

Same nonsense in all three forests, with an occasional Simian or (in the case of Vash-Naroom) more Reindeer.
Triple the freakin pain. It's hard to feel any Christmas spirit with such dismal breeding results. If frustration doesn't **** my game, the sheer boredom will.

That is the pits. I am sorry. :-( I feel your pain. I only got my poodle and santa because i got a gift card and sped bred red/green with 500+ gems til I got them.

And even tho I got them, I am still frustrated because I have had days and days of stupid conductor fails trying for a Menoram. And i dread trying for pheasant because i dont know if i can stand seeing more ferrets.

And i also feel like i never have a chance to try for a crystal unicorn or toucan anymore cuz im always going for some LE critter.

Bleh.

flowless
12-21-14, 12:26 PM
I wonder if going for the pheasant would be easier if I waited until after jan 2, when the 3 xmas critters are removed. There will be less red/green animals in the mix... What do u think? Think pheasant odds may go up a little once the deer/poodle/santa are removed? Or think he will be same odds?

But isn't pheasant limited
( and when they put the banner limited usually means only one week )
I would say try now if u don't wanna miss out
It's been already 3 days

chiareh
12-21-14, 04:38 PM
I got it with the panda and Pyro pony combo--trying to breed a poodle. It was kind of a happy accident. I'd been breeding jackalopes for a bit,so i was surprised to see it.

Lisa0107
12-21-14, 04:57 PM
Gaakkkk if I see one more 3 hour fail I will scream...nothing but jackalopes, poodles, reindeers and 3 hours.....UGH Still hopeful though I'll keep trying until he goes limited. Good Luck everyone!!!

ArcadiaTofu
12-21-14, 05:16 PM

I agree with flowless: This is a LIMITED creature, so it will more than likely only be around for 7 days (or, barring that, will be around for less time than the 'regular' X-mas critters). I wish they'd have a timer on the top right of the screen to tell us how long we've got for limited creatures (kind of like for when tournaments come around). I could speculate why they don't do this, but it wouldn't be a very flattering assumption, that's for sure... :\

Good luck, and maybe we'll be given a better timeframe for when the Present Pheasant expires sometime soon!

xxxe
12-21-14, 06:44 PM
That is the pits. I am sorry. :-( I feel your pain. I only got my poodle and santa because i got a gift card and sped bred red/green with 500+ gems til I got them.

And even tho I got them, I am still frustrated because I have had days and days of stupid conductor fails trying for a Menoram. And i dread trying for pheasant because i dont know if i can stand seeing more ferrets.

And i also feel like i never have a chance to try for a crystal unicorn or toucan anymore cuz im always going for some LE critter.

Bleh.

I hope they cool it with the season animals soon too. I want to keep trying for my unicorn and it's kinda hard to put 4 elements together when you're trying for limited animals. Every 3rd or 4th try I put 4 elements together just so I can still be trying. I have missed out on Scarecrow and the beautiful Pumpkin Panda. I'm still getting over my disappointment from the Panda. Hopefully I can get the Ram and the Pheasent. Good luck everyone. Lets hope for some Christmas magic!

Thebeautifi
12-22-14, 09:00 AM
I got this by accident trying for the Santa Claws using my Reindeer and Poodle. This was going to be my next try for creature. Lucky ��

readysetgo888
12-22-14, 01:49 PM
Just got it... Was hoping it was a Poodle, but at least not another Reindeer or a Vinotaur fail.

It is pretty for a bird clone, will be welcome in my forest. Good luck to those still trying! Seems like maybe this guy isn't as difficult to get as the usual limited super rares?

Bambamstad
12-23-14, 02:42 AM
I dislike this game more and more. Trying for days to breed santa claws or pheasant, the only thing i get is ferret after ferret.
The only good thing is that i am immediately sure it is another fail.

I was lucky to get a poodle and a reindeer. But it is so discouraging if you see the three hour timer again and again.

sand
12-23-14, 12:07 PM

If Pheasant is retiring when its goal expires, it will be gone BEFORE the Christmas Presents Trio. I'm tempted to just go with just a Present-Fire combo, but I don't want to get shut out of Pheasant, especially since it's super.

Then again, I've been shut out on just about every single short-run animal, and I'm missing so many breeds, it hardly matters anymore. Who can breed anything really if you're constantly chasing retiring animals and coming up empty?

Aernak
12-23-14, 12:13 PM
Who can breed anything really if you're constantly chasing retiring animals and coming up empty?

This is how I feel. I want the pheasant and the menoram, but I'm getting really frustrated because I really want to get back to trying for my crystal unicorn and my toucan. I also still don't have any dark/lighting animals and I'm missing so many random permanents that I never have a chance to try for.

I just accumulated about 75 gems through new game quests (cupcake, crimes, etc.) and decided to speed breed red/green until they were gone. Got all ferrets and fallabies. Sigh. :/

Buttercup0001
12-24-14, 01:44 PM
I got the present pheasant using piro pony and panda. I have been trying for the Christmas animals and was pheasantly surprised. Mind you after countless fails (fairy ferrets, jackolopes and vinatours) and weeks of trying I have finally breed a new animal. Maybe its my chrissy pressie from TL haha. Good luck to all and may everyone have a very merry Christmas

12-24-14, 02:45 PM
This is how I feel. I want the pheasant and the menoram, but I'm getting really frustrated because I really want to get back to trying for my crystal unicorn and my toucan. I also still don't have any dark/lighting animals and I'm missing so many random permanents that I never have a chance to try for.

I just accumulated about 75 gems through new game quests (cupcake, crimes, etc.) and decided to speed breed red/green until they were gone. Got all ferrets and fallabies. Sigh. :/

I know exactly how you feel! I FINALLY have the Santa claws hatching in my nest and now I'm breeding Vinotaur + Ocean owl so I can still get the fire-natures and the water-nature (I still don't have the Seahorse but I've got the Seamur this way) or even the Toucan. The current breeding time that's happening with the two is 7 hour so I hope I've got the Pheasant (first try too!) and the only other possibility that it could be would be the Vinatour...... I also look at all the animals I don't have and try to do a four element mix thing (which usually includes electricity) and other elements were I don't have all the animals from but I still have a chance of getting the unicorn........

EviBrooklyn
12-24-14, 03:07 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I FINALLY have the Santa claws hatching in my nest and now I'm breeding Vinotaur + Ocean owl so I can still get the fire-natures and the water-nature (I still don't have the Seahorse but I've got the Seamur this way) or even the Toucan. The current breeding time that's happening with the two is 7 hour so I hope I've got the Pheasant (first try too!) and the only other possibility that it could be would be the Vinatour...... I also look at all the animals I don't have and try to do a four element mix thing (which usually includes electricity) and other elements were I don't have all the animals from but I still have a chance of getting the unicorn........

Vinotur and ocean owl can also give you skyger which 7 hours

GC5410
12-24-14, 04:36 PM
Can't seem to get this one! Been breeding pony/panda continuously since this goal started, but bred 2 poodles, 2 reindeer, 6 vinotaur and several ferrets! :(

12-24-14, 07:34 PM

Oh no.... Didn't think of that......:eek:

12-25-14, 12:45 AM

It's a PRESENT PHEASANT!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE I HOPE YOU GUYS MANAGE TO BREED SOME COOL STUFF TODAY TOO!!!!;)

TokiChunsa
12-26-14, 01:44 AM
After getting my first Reindeer, I got a lot of 7-hrs, but the were always the reindeer. I want this. I'm trying and trying. A week's not enough. Spending gems on it defeats the purpose of getting the reward too.

GC5410
12-26-14, 07:05 AM
Only 5 hours left and I still don't have it! Been breeding for it non-stop (plus a few gem speed ups) so there's nothing else I could have done - feels a bit unfair really :(

EviBrooklyn
12-26-14, 07:40 AM
It's a PRESENT PHEASANT!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE I HOPE YOU GUYS MANAGE TO BREED SOME COOL STUFF TODAY TOO!!!!;)

Congrats !!
Hope everyone who's trying to breed it get it soon

lunarbunny
12-26-14, 11:23 AM
OMG. Finally after almost 300 gems speeding I finally got the little bugger! Got about 5 Vinos almost in a row and wanted to cry lol. But actually gave myself one last breeding bc I was down to exactly 100 gems and was tired of wasting them and got it, go figure lol. Happy breeding everyone, hope yours is better than mine!

sweetcupcake555555
12-26-14, 06:46 PM
i tried for this from day 1. got more than 50 ferret fails, 2 vinotaurs, reindeers poodles. but no phesant. even spent 300 gems on final 30 mins and got 0. didnt even get santapaws either. big fail. they should give us at least till end of december i think.

goodsoul76
12-27-14, 09:07 PM
Giant fail on this for me too.....I didn't even get any other fail....just ferret after ferret...
Oh well.....still have the menoram to try for.....hopefully that won't go limited any time soon (although I'm sure that it's highly likely that it will)

IslabessI
12-27-14, 10:57 PM
Agreed

Lisa0107
12-28-14, 10:46 AM
I did not get this one either. spent a few gems speeding on the first day thinking the odds were better but nothing. But I did get a fallaby in the process and I needed him so at least I got that. I don't want to breed green/red ever again! LOL it's funny, it took so long to get a fallaby but once I got him I had several fallaby fails. strange....

Vodelle
12-28-14, 11:26 AM
Never got it, but I wasn't trying for it anyway. (Too tired of fire/nature combos, and I had the three xmas ones and most of the other nature/fire normal animals so it didn't feel worth it.) That said I also still haven't gotten a menoram (which I have been trying for) so, heh.

zenobia42
12-28-14, 01:46 PM
Never got it, but I wasn't trying for it anyway. (Too tired of fire/nature combos, and I had the three xmas ones and most of the other nature/fire normal animals so it didn't feel worth it.) That said I also still haven't gotten a menoram (which I have been trying for) so, heh.
Same here, on all counts. Though I'm taking a break on menoram hunting for a day or two to try for the golden retriever.

xxxe
12-28-14, 05:40 PM
Oh no! I have still been trying for this! I didn't even notice this was removed already. Wow. Well I guess I can start trying for the Golden Lion now. Bummer lol I wasted a lot of time breeding fire and nature lol

Aernak
12-29-14, 09:40 AM
OMG it's gone?? I have still been trying for it. -____-

Well :( I guess I missed this one. You'd think with the endless trying for xmas critters and toucan I would have lucked out with this little guy, but I guess not.

Well, I am glad my kiddos got them. My son actually got two... But he can't get a reindeer or a santa. :(

I am going to view this as a blessing in disguise. The more critters I miss, the less I will be disappointed when I miss future ones. :P It's a lot easier to face the failures in this game when you don't have your heart set on a "complete album."

readysetgo888
12-29-14, 11:32 AM
OMG it's gone?? I have still been trying for it. -____-

Well :( I guess I missed this one. You'd think with the endless trying for xmas critters and toucan I would have lucked out with this little guy, but I guess not.

Well, I am glad my kiddos got them. My son actually got two... But he can't get a reindeer or a santa. :(

I am going to view this as a blessing in disguise. The more critters I miss, the less I will be disappointed when I miss future ones. :P It's a lot easier to face the failures in this game when you don't have your heart set on a "complete album."

Totally agree with you. They removed this with absolutely no notice as far as I know. I don't remember it ever having a specific timer but I could be wrong.

The first one I ever missed was the Nightmare (so... the first one...). Much easier not to care if I miss future ones. The game is designed so that if you don't spend $$$$ you can't get all the animals.

zenobia42
12-29-14, 11:55 AM
Totally agree with you. They removed this with absolutely no notice as far as I know. I don't remember it ever having a specific timer but I could be wrong.

The first one I ever missed was the Nightmare (so... the first one...). Much easier not to care if I miss future ones. The game is designed so that if you don't spend $$$$ you can't get all the animals.

I thought it was just me who somehow missed the message with the timer. But it seems they DID just remove it with no notice whatsoever. Not cool IMO. Not cool at ALL. :mad:

AuntyRose32
12-29-14, 11:58 AM
Sad I missed this little guy too but I think I had a timer because I remember when it was at three days thinking, well I won't be getting this one. I could be wrong though as I was so focused on the Christmas animals I barely had a thought for anything else.

sand
01-01-15, 06:50 AM
I thought it was just me who somehow missed the message with the timer. But it seems they DID just remove it with no notice whatsoever. Not cool IMO. Not cool at ALL. :mad:

As my earlier post indicated, I WAS expecting this animal to retire along with its timed goal. Sadly, I'm getting accustomed to spotting which ones TL may yank without actually popping up a timer for the animal, which should be simple enough for them to do.

Only one of my forests got the Pheasant -- Vash-Naroom, (the one with the touch for Nature critters). Just one happy by-product of trying for the Christmas Present Trio.
No Pheasant for the other two forests, who were also using Present-Nature-Fire combos. Ah well...

7aleksia7
03-20-15, 06:03 AM
actually when I tried I got at first try