PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/18/2014: New craft building! Winter Bakery

Pages : 1 2 [3]

tanbi1
12-29-14, 02:09 AM
How many of those green leaf things do you get for each Polaris adventure please?

butterfly_25
12-29-14, 03:03 AM
I've only ever gotten two and one time I only got one.

butterfly_25
12-29-14, 03:04 AM
Anyone else not able to log on? The game keeps saying I'm offline even though my connection works.

clinesweetcottage
12-29-14, 06:12 AM
Forget it, took me less then 2 weeks to complete it. So in 2 days you will just finish the first two steps. Just buy it if needed

Yeah, I fully aware that I won't be able to finish the whole quest line, but I still went with step 1 anyway cause I realiased it's the materials needed for holiday feast which is quite easy to prepare compared to other feasts and Polaris North's adventure time is only 8 hours. So just treat it as investing some sugar and flour for something else.

moon331
12-29-14, 08:57 AM
Could Glimmergate give us a specific date of when the Bakery will be gone in the market? Sometime in Jan. is too vague.

I am doing adventures to save gems for it. With a specific date, I will know if I have to buy some gems or not. Thanks.

kellbell710
12-29-14, 09:06 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but I need some clarity on this - If you buy the winter bakery with gems, is it a permanent bakery?

iLLUMI2012
12-29-14, 09:14 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but I need some clarity on this - If you buy the winter bakery with gems, is it a permanent bakery?

Yes it's permanent. :)
So if you buy one with gems you've made a good investment in the long term. It will give you great advantage over other players when completing future time goals as you'll have 4 bakeries working for you. :D

rick1958
12-29-14, 10:54 AM
Can we have the Winter Bakeries set so when you select an item in one, the other automatically starts with the same selection as default? This is the way all other "like" buildings work. Thanks.

kellbell710
12-29-14, 11:01 AM
Yes it's permanent. :)
So if you buy one with gems you've made a good investment in the long term. It will give you great advantage over other players when completing future time goals as you'll have 4 bakeries working for you. :D

Thank you :)

awesomejujubeans
12-29-14, 11:17 AM
I did not read through the whole thread (too many pages!) but what are the bakery items good for? I really wish I had enough gems for this...I just started playing in November though.

tigarlilyvol
12-29-14, 01:10 PM
Page 1 of the thread has all of the information needed that people have accumulated, you will find what it makes there.

SpiritWind00
12-29-14, 03:35 PM
Can we have the Winter Bakeries set so when you select an item in one, the other automatically starts with the same selection as default? This is the way all other "like" buildings work. Thanks.

I have asked for this feature already.... (Great minds!) :)

elizabetheva
12-29-14, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the cute bakery quest this year! It is so nice to prep sugar and chocolate and other misc. while my feasts are going in my kitchens! And, next time there is a story quest involving food I'll be able to keep up on sweet feasts while my kitchen is occupied, which will be awesome.

rivendale123456
12-29-14, 09:13 PM
I'm so disappointed. I thought as long as you sent your adventure out before the deadline you would still receive the bakery- just collected from my castle and didn't receive it in my inventory :(

3dogsandacat
12-29-14, 09:16 PM
Castle story is no fun any more - I was 2 candy canes away & everything is lost - didn't get the bakery - just couldn't do it & be on vacation. Doesn't seem right that you do all that crazy stuff & don't get a chance to finish or buy the last few items -won't pay 750 gems for it. Finally may have had enough

Decided to put this in the right place, this is why I'm done

This is in reply to something on page 52 of this discussion

Given the chance, I would have done the same thing. It let me collect a candy cane, then everything disappeared. I believe they finished early, I only know this because I went to sleep at 11 pm central time after having played CS at 10 pm central time. The quest clearly stated it would end at 12pm pacific time - 10 pm central would be 7 pm pst time, so I should have had plenty of time to finish. Wondering if they were using ust instead of pst. Don't think my original post was made at 4:16 am, but can't be sure. Still bothers me. Also never got the offer to finish with 500 gems as others did.

I am posting this at 12:24 am eastern time & it is showing up as 5:24 am - so they are using UST time. The original post was made at 10 or 11 pm central time when the quest should have still been open

transberry
12-29-14, 10:05 PM
Castle story is no fun any more - I was 2 candy canes away & everything is lost - didn't get the bakery - just couldn't do it & be on vacation. Doesn't seem right that you do all that crazy stuff & don't get a chance to finish or buy the last few items -won't pay 750 gems for it. Finally may have had enough

For the past 10 days I at have got to log in once maybe twice per day. I had 2 candy canes left today with 7 hours left, I paid gems to finish one and speed up the last step. Less than 30 gems, less than $3 value and they were free anyways. Glad I did.

It was hard being on vacation, but not impossible.

I even have 2 extra Polaris feasts and extras of other items

wafflemaker1
12-30-14, 05:20 AM
I'm so disappointed. I thought as long as you sent your adventure out before the deadline you would still receive the bakery- just collected from my castle and didn't receive it in my inventory :(

Same thing happened to me..... :-(

Jir67
12-30-14, 05:55 AM
this has been occurred last Dragon Quest Event... People who sent knigt in adventure and didn't collect BEFORE the deadline lost the prize...
Somewhere here in the forum there are a lot of advise about that...
maybe you should have speed up with a gem a couple of hours in advance your last Polaris adventure...

KadeeDid
12-30-14, 11:04 AM
I thought I had time to finish but goal was expired when I checked it yesterday. I would have checked when I first got up if I had realized but waited a bit as I was involved with a huge family celebration. It is asking if I want to spend 500 gems. Is this worth it?cheaper than the $700 to buy the bakery but will I receive the bakery if I do this?

Lots of slowdowns, glitches and resetting over the holiday due to the game popups. I have not downloaded the games due to these annoyances.seems to have finally stopped but the constant need to check and redo actions, sometimes 5 or 6 times certainly impeded game play. To make matters worse,all this occurred when tech support was on holidays.

Thanks.

KadeeDid
12-30-14, 11:17 AM
Option to finish for 500 gems has disappeared. It was still there last night.

PikaSquirrel
12-30-14, 02:55 PM

Sorry to hear! :( You would need to collect from it before the Goals expired since the Goals need to be active when you collect.

Tiggerddh
12-30-14, 03:44 PM
I agree with this. I bought gems once then fell into one too many gem traps.

Before Team lava games I thought all companies customer service was there to help! Lol, na?vety. After emailing customer service about the gem trap I fell into and getting a standard 'too bad' reply, I have not bought gems again. That was before I found out about these forums and read all you alls experiences.

I might buy in the future, because I like the game, and hope it continues to succeed, but like the above author, only if I can spend them on exactly what I want immediately and not risk losing them.

I buy gems regularly and I try really hard to not lose them and am usually successful but I lost almost 100 gems this week due to unnecessary gem traps and I am ticked. ( the castle adventure trap really was the icing on the cake..really TL? )There is absolutely no reason that TL can't add a confirmation gem purchase option to this game.

arikasi
12-30-14, 06:47 PM
Could Glimmergate give us a specific date of when the Bakery will be gone in the market? Sometime in Jan. is too vague.

I am doing adventures to save gems for it. With a specific date, I will know if I have to buy some gems or not. Thanks.

I second this, I will only buy 250 gems worth so either I get close or I dont get the bakery. I'm still hoping it becomes permanently purchaseable like the reindeer stable and kingdom inn.

catlovescupcakes
12-31-14, 01:55 PM
4, count them, 4 kitchens!! Thank you TL! This has been a very merry Christmas indeed!

Tetelestai72
01-01-15, 10:49 AM

I also agree with this. I'm trying to figure out how I want to get a second bakery with some combination of quests, gem purchases, trades, etc, and I don't want to miss out on it because it disappears from the market after receiving only vague limited information.

Tiggerddh
01-01-15, 02:25 PM
Definitely worth the extra gems for the second bakery

zenobia42
01-01-15, 02:25 PM
No update today?

Tarkus
01-01-15, 06:32 PM
I got the option to purchase the Bakery for 500 gems the other day when the quest expired and I clicked finish. The option popped up and for 500 I went ahead and choose to purchase it. It waited a moment then the window disappeared, the quest was gone and no gems were gone and there was no bakery in my inventory.The same expired quest appeared with the dame Finish option. I went through the same thing 3 times. No bakery.I would have liked t have purchased it for 500 gems.

ciarjen
01-05-15, 04:47 AM
Have we had any confirmation on when this will go from the market, other than sometime in January?

Queenzod
01-05-15, 12:09 PM
Have we had any confirmation on when this will go from the market, other than sometime in January?

Could be soon. If you want it, buy it.

Castloninian
01-05-15, 12:20 PM
Could be soon. If you want it, buy it.

OK boss. I've just succumbed :)

Castloninian
01-05-15, 02:40 PM
Blimey... just in time as well. The bakery has disappeared now and I never even got an in-game notice saying it was disappearing.

moon331
01-05-15, 03:21 PM
Blimey... just in time as well. The bakery has disappeared now and I never even got an in-game notice saying it was disappearing.

No, it is still there. Go to market->buildings instead of market->featured.

Castloninian
01-05-15, 03:44 PM
No, it is still there. Go to market->buildings instead of market->featured.

It isn't for me. But I did just realise it is because I now have two of them and can't buy anymore :).

PikaSquirrel
01-05-15, 05:34 PM
The Winter Bakery will be removed very soon from the Market! We'll announce the date of when it will be removed soon.

3dogsandacat
01-06-15, 10:24 PM

Given the chance, I would have done the same thing. It let me collect a candy cane, then everything disappeared. I believe they finished early, I only know this because I went to sleep at 11 pm central time after having played CS at 10 pm central time. The quest clearly stated it would end at 12pm pacific time - 10 pm central would be 7 pm pst time, so I should have had plenty of time to finish. Wondering if they were using ust instead of pst. Don't think my original post was made at 4:16 am, but can't be sure. Still bothers me. Also never got the offer to finish with 500 gems as others did.

I am posting this at 12:24 am eastern time & it is showing up as 5:24 am - so they are using UST time.

roguebee
01-07-15, 06:24 AM

I am posting this at 12:24 am eastern time & it is showing up as 5:24 am - so they are using UST time.

Go into settings, select general settings and change your time zone to Eastern. (Or if you want, you can set it to PST.)

rheina
01-10-15, 04:06 AM
when will be removed the Winter Bakery?

SpiritWind00
01-10-15, 06:33 AM
end date to purchase a Bakery appeared as a pop up in the game today. It says Monday 12th Jan.

rheina
01-10-15, 08:59 AM
seems I missed this info somehow. Thank you!

burritosprings
02-23-16, 06:50 AM

This seems to be working now like regular Kitchens. Has it been fixed and i never noticed?)

SpiritWind00
02-23-16, 10:56 PM
This seems to be working now like regular Kitchens. Has it been fixed and i never noticed?)

No, they don't sync... It momentarily shows the same item then shows the top of the screen. ;)

burritosprings
02-24-16, 11:16 AM
No, they don't sync... It momentarily shows the same item then shows the top of the screen. ;)

Make sure both are collected from. Start something coking in one then double tap the second and the item you just started on first one should sync in second. Sems to not work for sugar but lower items yes

SpiritWind00
02-24-16, 02:04 PM
Double tap works! Wow, cool. I tried chocolate in cooking camp and it took me 1 off. ;)