PDA

View Full Version : Pride in your kingdom

robotparade
12-17-14, 11:25 AM
One of the things I love about Castle Story is the element of role playing. I like to imagine that I am the ruler of this little kingdom, and I carefully plan how it is laid out. I think about which building goes where and whether it is a good fit where it is placed, and how it looks. And I like to think about the little people that would live there and whether they have enough roads, or things like if they would really want a mine in the center of town, etc.

When I visit other kingdoms it seems like some people are just accumulating buildings and just clump them all together and don't care how it looks. I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but I don't get this style of gameplay. It doesn't look like a kingdom at all, just a bunch of stuff smashed together or dropped wherever it fits.

Does anyone else feel this way? :confused:

katbtodd
12-17-14, 11:39 AM
Had to come and visit .. I take lots of pride, and try to figure out where every thing should go and have it map out like a little village ,,,

robotparade
12-17-14, 12:04 PM
Thanks for visiting! I like your kingdom; especially the castle area with all the mythical creatures.

Rockylandia
12-17-14, 01:02 PM
I'm like you; I like to have paths and arrange things by town/country, with a troll forest and witchy corner. I just pull buildings out as I need them - hence the current presence of three taverns! I figure it's like putting plates away in the cupboard in between meals, only I'm putting away buildings and decorations.

Mylania
12-17-14, 01:18 PM
I probably spend way more time thinking of where things should go then I should lol. I can't stand the thought of my subjects or animals being overcrowded, though that becomes harder to accomplish the more stuff you get over time. I have separate areas for the castle and other royal things, farm, Greselda's dark stuff, crafting/resource, residential, shopping, etc. I try to think of things like who wants to live next to a noisy pub or mine? I visited yours, it's very nice :)

robotparade
12-17-14, 04:24 PM
Thanks Myania! :o

I'm glad to hear from other like-minded people. Rockylania I do thhe same thing - put away stuff I don't need right away.

55lee55
12-17-14, 04:30 PM
I like this thread!

I am constantly reworking my kingdom, making it a place that I would like to live in if I could. It gets sloppy if I need to pull out a bunch of buildings for a quest, but as soon as I can I try to make it home like. My kingdom is a reflection of my personality, unlike any of the other games I play. If I had to stop playing all but one game, I would keep this one and my kingdom where I would live if I could ;)

genellemac
12-17-14, 04:42 PM
Robotparade, I am your neighbour already on both my accounts, I think you Kingdom is gorgeous, and as you progress through the game you will have so much reorganising your kingdom as new buildings and expansions become available. The hardest thing for my level 25 account is that I don't have the space to really organise my board how I would like, I don't have the resources to build all the building I want etc. What I am doing now though, is gathering all the resources I need before I place a new building, so I don't have a construction site.

Now I have to ask, how can you visit a specific kingdom, that isn't your neighbour??? I know you can do a friendship request and then visit but is there another way???

ShibuyaCloth
12-17-14, 04:51 PM
On this account layout is as simple as it can get. All decorations and unused buildings are stored. Reason: I use an iPad 1, so no chance of having whatsoever out to make it look nice. On my main account the story is different.

reliquary
12-17-14, 06:40 PM
So one day I had the time to REAaLY take a looks at all my neighbors places....and saw that they usually decorate or have their game board arranged in a particular way that falls into only a few different categories.

1. Super beautiful...winding paths that lead to areas, graphically laid out trees, buildings and suitable decor just so.these kingdoms are very likely to only have the proper seasonal decorations out and always have something Fabulous sitting right at the area a visitor drops in to visit.

2. Utilitarian....only what's needed in an area and everything else pushed back, clumped or stored. Never minimalistic, but very obviously working on a particular quest.

3. Drop time clumps....all 6 hour buildings together, all 1 hour items together, etc. I only noticed when becoming really familiar with exact drop times.

4. Random......everything's out and has no rhyme or reason. My experence is that they don't play very often, or unsure what is needed. Who's to say they don't like it that way?

5. Super unique......they really push the limits of every boundary. If XP is their priority they go crazy with whatever item they fancy. Amphys, mantys, windmills...whatever. Crazy abundant use of 1 item, such as walls, alicorns, Valentine's trees, cows, flowers etc. you know they spend a lot of time and gems to express creativity, and their kingdoms are unforgettable.

6. Comfy....as stated above, easy to get around kingdoms and a pleasure to the eye.a lot of flexibility to complete goals and easy to change when expanding.

The graphics of CS is really great and what we do w it to express ourselves is awesome.

DragonThruTime
12-17-14, 07:05 PM
Now I have to ask, how can you visit a specific kingdom, that isn't your neighbour??? I know you can do a friendship request and then visit but is there another way???

I have wondered about this also. Can someone enlighten us?

labsandboxers
12-17-14, 07:27 PM
Ditto. When we figure that part out, come visit me. I've been here almost from the beginning and I constantly tweet my kingdoms layout. That is why I bugs me when we get items that are so out of scale, I have no choice either to camouflage the one with great drops or off to storage they go. Some of those items took time and effort and I would love to see them daily, but I can't seem to get around the proportion issue.

studio1859
12-17-14, 09:15 PM
I have three CS games and love arranging them. Each have its own unique personality. I very much enjoy styling the beautiful designs the creative CS designers provide. Thanks for this fun thread��

My other id's are Piknflik (evans kingdom) and Justblackjack (colorqueen), stop by for a visit, new neighbors are always welcomed.

SpiritWind00
12-17-14, 09:50 PM
....Now I have to ask, how can you visit a specific kingdom, that isn't your neighbour??? I know you can do a friendship request and then visit but is there another way???

I have wondered about this also. Can someone enlighten us?

It's either sending a neighbour request and then you can visit them, or if you share a neighbour and visit them through a wall posting.

genellemac
12-17-14, 10:07 PM
It's either sending a neighbour request and then you can visit them, or if you share a neighbour and visit them through a wall posting.

Sometimes I really want to have a look at people's kingdoms who are really active on the forum, but unfortunately some players state that they aren't interested in new neighbours. Now occasionally, I have done a neighbour request, sorry if you were one of my 'victims' just to have a peak. I wonder if these people find it annoying that little sticky beaks like me want to specifically look at their kingdom and neighbour request them, against their wishes.....

SpiritWind00
12-17-14, 10:41 PM
Sometimes I really want to have a look at people's kingdoms who are really active on the forum, but unfortunately some players state that they aren't interested in new neighbours. Now occasionally, I have done a neighbour request, sorry if you were one of my 'victims' just to have a peak. I wonder if these people find it annoying that little sticky beaks like me want to specifically look at their kingdom and neighbour request them, against their wishes.....

Yes it's interesting looking at other places for either ideas or inspiration. I'm quite proud of my queendom. I love symmetry and space and I have stacks of walls and roads and decorations. I have more coins than I could ever spend, so I don't have many coin only buildings out on the board. There's a thread somewhere for posting pictures of kingdoms. I'll try and find it and add a link in the Hub if there is interest for that... :)

genellemac
12-17-14, 11:49 PM
Yes it's interesting looking at other places for either ideas or inspiration. I'm quite proud of my queendom. I love symmetry and space and I have stacks of walls and roads and decorations. I have more coins than I could ever spend, so I don't have many coin only buildings out on the board. There's a thread somewhere for posting pictures of kingdoms. I'll try and find it and add a link in the Hub if there is interest for that... :)

Yes please.

scarletdragon18
12-18-14, 02:06 AM
I used to be one of those people that would just have everything set out by what I was doing at the time, but didn't have a set layout. Last week I got fed up with how boring it was, and took some time to sit down and re-arrange EVERYTHING. I've noticed since then that my new design has improved my gameplay immensely. No longer do I just collect what's ready and be done with it. Now I'll actually scroll around and watch my everyone move around on the board like they're in a real town (It does bug me though when my avatar walks through walls while on a collection run.). And hopefully by New Year's I'll have an expansion or two finished so I'll have room for new updates!

Feel free to visit and look around! :)

millsabode
12-18-14, 03:55 AM
Ha Ha. I set out my kingdom with paths and walls so they can get around easily and yes, they just walk through a wall! I know my kingdom is a bit OCD and I wish it was a bit more open plan but I like everyone to have their special place and am trying to keep Griselda out of the way (don't trust her). Yes....I am a CS addict.

DragonThruTime
12-18-14, 05:54 AM

Thank you, SpiritWind.

DragonThruTime
12-18-14, 05:57 AM

Same here. If there is a suggestion thread on this forum, it might be good to add this for an idea.

DeeDeeBird70
12-18-14, 12:15 PM
Thought I'd add my comments. I do take pride in my kingdom and did as it grew. I've tried to make it somewhat comprehensive and created various zones. Since I was fortunate to have started with the Valentine edition, I do have a special area for all things pink. Troll stuff is in one corner. My farm animals have a nice pasture and are not all jammed together. Faeries and Knights also have their areas as do the exotic animals: Alicorns, Manticores, and Dragons.

Come visit if you like, my kingdom name is Poicephalus. Before you ask, I have a Brownhead parrot whose scientific name is Poicephalus ******xanthus. His name is Okie, from the vegetable pod of okra that he is colored like. I had chosen the name Okra thinking I had a female. DNA test showed it was a male.

robotparade
12-18-14, 04:05 PM
Since I was fortunate to have started with the Valentine edition, I do have a special area for all things pink. Troll stuff is in one corner. My farm animals have a nice pasture and are not all jammed together. Faeries and Knights also have their areas as do the exotic animals: Alicorns, Manticores, and Dragons.

I always look with envy at the kingdoms with the cool Valentines stuff!

echowuuu
12-18-14, 07:06 PM
I think we, the likely minded people should form a support goup discussing the tips of how to better arrange our kingdom. To me, I'm a valentine edition anomaly. I spent a lot of effort to make my kingdom looks pink :)

fiberterian
12-18-14, 07:43 PM
I was fairly meticulous about placement of items when I first started. But as my kingdom has grown, I move things around so that I can easily collect for whichever quest line I'm working on at the moment. So nowadays, it's looks a little messy.

ghjvcucjb
12-18-14, 08:39 PM
;)
If someone isn't accepting new neighbors they will just refuse your invite. They won't know if it's someone from the forum who may have known they requested no new neighbors or some random person. So don't worry so much about it. Go visit and enjoy yourself. But if you are concern, just post a note on their wall that you were curious to see their kingdom and they don't have to accept your invite, plus a bunch of emoticon hearts and smileys. Hearts and smileys always help;):D:p

fluffybutter007
12-18-14, 10:46 PM

I'm one of those people who isn't accepting friend requests at the moment, but I don't get mad or frustrated if one comes my way. I usually just reject the offer and move on (though I've been known to accept some here and there if somebody catches me at a time that I'm cleaning out inactive neighbors). Don't feel bad adding somebody just to look at their kingdom, it's TL's fault for making us add people just to see their kingdom. Lol. :D (Though I'm pretty sure nobody wants to see my wreck of a kingdom right now... Too many buildings/decorations and not enough room!)