PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update - 12-16-2014

IsisGarden
12-16-14, 10:19 AM
Update Day...

Natasha_07
12-16-14, 10:24 AM
Colors or Christmas, Hanukkah, holiday related items.

orleansparish
12-16-14, 12:17 PM
I found a xmas sweater for 25 gems on my old android version that I didn't notice before. Go figure. It's the first time I've ever considered spending that many gems for an item. If I got it, she would be wearing that thing well into Summer!

pea92
12-16-14, 12:19 PM
Where's the update ???

xxxe
12-16-14, 12:23 PM
Where's the update ???

Should be here within a half hour.

jewelfang
12-16-14, 12:28 PM
Only 5 more minutes (or so). Please don't disappoint today!!!

ievuttia
12-16-14, 12:32 PM
Another box!.. I'm so disappointed...

andromedablack
12-16-14, 12:33 PM
Edit it's OK now I can order the catalogue.

I can't believe NO Christmas items and all we get is just a box and an boring catalogue!
Seriously the coat is so bad designed, look how the red sweater inside looks like...

SacoHarry
12-16-14, 12:41 PM
C - H - R - I - S - T - M - A - S. Gawd, TL.

ONeal28
12-16-14, 12:45 PM
Its a new catalog but its not all that pretty. My is not locked. There is also a box and a nut cracker for 15 gems. Catalog takes 20 hours.

andromedablack
12-16-14, 12:47 PM
I just wonder how they think the new players are going to decorate for Christmas with all old items gone and nothing new this year...This game has become really annoying and unfair for new players and players who can't afford many gems... Fortunately I still havr the old Christmas edition and can buy some items from it...

jewelfang
12-16-14, 12:52 PM
Yay, more white and black !!! :mad: And the chest isn't even seasonal....white suitcase? Great, a box full of white stuff, just what we all wanted.
I do see the nutcracker for 15 gems. Looks like seomthing that is supposed to go with next weeks 2 days before Christmas update that they had ready early so threw it in to say, hey Christmas stuff early! NOT! 15 gems, it is half the size of last years nutcracker, and more expensive.

Merry Christmas to you too TL. :mad: Just like Halloween. Why do I even bother to get my hopes up about any holiday other than Valentines day in this game?

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 12:55 PM
anyone gonna open the box? plz post da pics! ^_^

Natasha_07
12-16-14, 12:59 PM
So no holiday content except the nutcracker, I guess the designers are not festive as the lack of red, green, blue, gold.

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:01 PM
What the....? I had enough for 3 boxes so 1st got a 4th prize tiny lamp, then got a lovely 2nd place display. Final opening got that stupid nutcracker that they offering for 15gems!! Will post pics of items soon, too angry right now!

xxxe
12-16-14, 01:03 PM
I'm usually the one for optimism here but I find myself barely coming on this game. My shop is a total mess. I have been waiting to redecorate for 2 weeks now. I keep saying ill wait and see what the next update is. I play a lot of other TL games and this one is just not doing it for me anymore. Unless you want to buy gems every week, you're pretty much out of luck. I spent 125 gems on BF and I don't feel like I got very much. I don't even have enough displays and decor to fill my shop. Sigh. Idk. Maybe next weeks update will get me interested again. Oh and the nutcracker? With no face? 15 gems? Lol

jewelfang
12-16-14, 01:03 PM
In the closet, 35 gems for that white mess they call a coat, and 25 gems for those dark brown booties. The purse is a nice simple black, only 20,000 coins. It's the only part of this update that doesn't make me want to smack something.

orleansparish
12-16-14, 01:05 PM
I opened the box and also got the super tiny, purple vase candle Thats all of an inch tall. Pure trash.

jewelfang
12-16-14, 01:05 PM
What the....? I had enough for 3 boxes so 1st got a 4th prize tiny lamp, then got a lovely 2nd place display. Final opening got that stupid nutcracker that they offering for 15gems!! Will post pics of items soon, too angry right now!

Wow, that nutcracker is in the box?? That's a rip-off, how lame. I'm sorry that happened to you!!

At least you got second prize, sounds like you don't hate it at least.

cakebaby75
12-16-14, 01:07 PM
If anyone has pictures of the box items, just out of interest to see what the 1st and 2nd prizes are.

I won't be opening it myself.

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:17 PM
17334Thanks jewelfang. Ye i like the display, worth 24gems. And makes up for the crazy tiny lamp!

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 01:19 PM
I feel like a who that lives in who ville and MR Grinch just robbed me before Christmas even happen. Just sad, sad, sad, state of affairs. And someone posted they opened the box only to receive the same nutcracker offered outside the box for cheaper. Now that's being Grinched!!

CuteTali
12-16-14, 01:21 PM
Another boring update /sigh...

The catalogue is just hideous, the coat is so badly designed, it looks like an abominable snowman coat, I know we've all been asking for more color, but that red shirt underneath doesn't help it at all, in fact, it only makes it worse, even a white/beige shirt would'e looked better. The sunglasses are ridiculously huge and don't look good at all. The ankle boots are okay, but I'm not gonna buy anything in the closet for gems anymore unless it's really really pretty, closet prices are just too much for me anymore. The purse is nice, I really like the bow, but black on black, can barely even notice it.

The only floor decor is a nutcracker that's missing both his eyes..?

And then I see a new box and if I thought I could escape from all the colorless creations of TL's designers lately (really I don't even understand how they can even keep their job with all the bad designs lately), then there's a disappointment in the box section too: The White Luggage Box. I mean, really, MORE white???

/serious head shake. I won't be playing much anymore. That's it.

Natasha_07
12-16-14, 01:22 PM
17334Thanks jewelfang. Ye i like the display, worth 24gems. And makes up for the crazy tiny lamp!

Was going to ask what lamp until I looked closer, if it's the purple thingy on the ground that's not even worth 10 gems.

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:23 PM
Lol!! Ye i got grinched!! Im glad iv no gems left! Didnt buy my monthly batch yet, and may not bother at all. The display is 2nd prize btw.

lala8la
12-16-14, 01:27 PM
I got tiny snowman:(:mad:cry cry cry

orleansparish
12-16-14, 01:29 PM

That display is lovely! Makes me want to try the box some more. My smaller ones would do well with the all grey, white and black theme. Though this box should have been released last week. I just don't buy gems for the smaller ones. If there is a sale for xmas on gems I'll think about it. But seriously? Nothing seasonal during what is argubaly the biggest holiday of the year? Even if you don't celebrate it, it's still huge and should have had more items by now.

Natasha_07
12-16-14, 01:30 PM
I got tiny snowman����

He's not even cute.

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 01:31 PM
I got 2nd place cries http://i62.tinypic.com/9fux6q.jpg

orleansparish
12-16-14, 01:31 PM
I got tiny snowman����

Id be miffed if Id spent 24 gems on Olaf's slightly disturbed yet still happy trailer park cousin.

orleansparish
12-16-14, 01:32 PM

Are you on android? Because on there 2nd and 3rd place prizes get mixed up. No way is this hideous and drab tree worthy of being called a 2nd place prize. If it truly is shown as such on ios too, the tree should have been huge.

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 01:33 PM
Are you on android? Because on there 2nd and 3rd place prizes get mixed up. No way is this hideous and drab tree worthy of being called a 2nd place prize. If it truly is shown as such on ios too, the tree should have been huge.

im on i07 it said 2nd place :(

fashionideal
12-16-14, 01:34 PM
Lol aiyoosha :D, did the autocorrect start so cry when it saw that not exactly pretty tree thingy XD...??

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 01:37 PM
Lol aiyoosha :D, did the autocorrect start so cry when it saw that not exactly pretty tree XD...??

yes lol ..some "tree" *waaaaaaaaaah* and that so called "lamp" i got that too :(

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:40 PM
Lol! I like the tree better than snowman and lamp. Was it 4th prize?

fashionideal
12-16-14, 01:40 PM
some "tree" *waaaaaaaaaah* and that so called "lamp" i got that too :(

Poor you ;(...

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:41 PM
Oh sorry just saw it was 2nd prize. Whoa id be crying too!

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 01:41 PM
Lol! I like the tree better than snowman and lamp. Was it 4th prize?

the tree is 2nd place, snowman 3rd place *cries*

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 01:42 PM
Poor you ;(...

i feel screwed lol

and btw yeh mrnutcracker with no face that theyre selling by himself is indeed fourth prize from the box

aishaibrahims
12-16-14, 01:46 PM
i feel screwed lol

and btw yeh mrnutcracker with no face that theyre selling by himself is indeed fourth prize from the box
All you need now is the nutcracker!! I dont think thats what people ment when asking for box items on offer!!!

jewelfang
12-16-14, 01:47 PM
Wow, I feel bad for you ladies trying this box. So far only one decent 2nd place item, even the other 2nd place item is not very nice, looks like a 4th place item.
I was so excited for this update, too, I thought for sure we'd finally get something great! I was so excited I could taste it! Now I can taste it alright, but it tastes a lot like garbage and dissapointement.

This update really stinks, and right before Christmas! Grinched indeed! Booo to you TL. I'm sorry, but boooooooooooooooo. :mad:

edie62
12-16-14, 01:51 PM
Not a great update! I have used gems on opening the box and I got 6 wooden sleds! In one go I got 3 in row! And the outfit is not pretty, that jacket is just yuck!! Out of the box I got the sleds, the tiny purple light, the snowman and a display of two ladies who look very pi$$ed off. Feel free to go have a look. I hoped this update would be a nice bright spot in my week...... So much for that!

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 01:54 PM
I love Olaf but not that much :( to open the box just yet..

angelmama24
12-16-14, 01:58 PM
Not a great update! I have used gems on opening the box and I got 6 wooden sleds! In one go I got 3 in row! And the outfit is not pretty, that jacket is just yuck!! Out of the box I got the sleds, the tiny purple light, the snowman and a display of two ladies who look very pi$$ed off. Feel free to go have a look. I hoped this update would be a nice bright spot in my week...... So much for that!

Oh no Edie. You usually have good luck with the boxes. :(

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 01:59 PM

Sorry I don't understand you mean when you open the box? Or they have for purchase outside the box once you open it?

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 02:00 PM
All you need now is the nutcracker!! I dont think thats what people ment when asking for box items on offer!!!

i got it too :(

aiyoosha
12-16-14, 02:03 PM

at least u got those ladies grrr i got 2 dumb steel "trees"

mamareader02
12-16-14, 02:12 PM
First year I'm disappointed with the "Christmas" update in fashion,thankfully I have better decor from years past,this and the past few updates have just been plain boring

StevenKevin
12-16-14, 02:13 PM
Well at least this update may suit those who are into winter and xmas stuff
like the catalogue though, sober, classic, efficient. But i find items to order overloaded in coins and underloaded in XP, but i have to admit im through with being stuck at level 96 for months. I wonder why this huge difference in XP levels between FS and RS or BS

winterpumpkin
12-16-14, 02:18 PM
Again, they aren't listening to what we want.:(

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 02:19 PM
Okay time for a sad, but true reality check for us sorry if this post upsets you here it goes. Roughly we are only 1 WEEK away for Christmas well in FS land we are only ONE update left. Now we all know us (Android users) we've not had a new app sense the Ballet one that's okay only TL is bound to spring a new app on us soon one would think for the Holiday season. So with that IF it happens next week that completely blows Christmas for us because the (HA HA) on TL end would be that in most likely hood goggle wouldn't have it up for download until THE DAY OF CHRISTMAS which either way I don't care at this point I'm over it now waiting for Christmas items and ONE WEEK AWAY!!!

Yes I know this week is considered "Christmas" due to the items available in the box and ONE outside the box but sure doesn't feel like it to me or make me feel. All cheery and bright.

filochick1982
12-16-14, 02:43 PM
They obviously want to give players a white Christmas. Literally. Very grateful I have displays from past years and I opened up a couple of Christmas boxes on Android recently so also have that decor.

No gems to spend this week.

Whoever is managing the release of content for TL needs to be fired. It's all over the place.

JustKay
12-16-14, 03:06 PM
The items in the box are pretty artistic, but I don't think any of them so far are worth 24 gems. Even worse they snuck the Nutcracker in there. I'm definitely not going to try for anything in this box. Even the older boxes are a better option if I have the gems to spend.

I know they have an update pipeline and so they can't react to our feedback immediately, but someone there should be realising they stuff up this year massively and should be planning a better approach to next year I hope. I am glad they did take on the feedback about prices though as that is one thing they can easily change immediately.

dalula
12-16-14, 04:00 PM
From what I've seen, the box items are pretty dismal. Sorry if you ended up with that poor excuse of a lamp :(
I hope next week will be better and at least Christmas-y, but knowing the previous holiday updates, I won't get my hopes up.
I haven't seen the catalog yet, so I have no opinion on it.

mergirl96
12-16-14, 04:04 PM
So this update is pretty disappointing. I was really hoping for a spectacular winter or Christmas update. The box seems to have only one good display inside it, and the only cute thing about the catalog is the accessories. I suppose TL is trying to appeal to those who don't celebrate Christmas, but there are much better ways to appeal to everyone. The first week we could have gotten a nice wintery update with a colorful coat and snow boots. The next two updates could have been dedicated to the other holidays people celebrate in December, like Kwanzaa or Hanukkah. Then we could have a Christmas update and finally a New Years Eve update. There's no need to have several weeks of colorless updates in an effort to appeal everyone. To be honest the only thing TL seems to be doing well in this game this month is making better LTOs.

irlanda_c
12-16-14, 04:35 PM
I still dont understand why are you still opening boxes with poor prizes. Thats why TL are getting worse and worse with the quality, because no matter how ugly and small the prizes are, there are always people trying 6+ times to get a decent display.

Natasha_07
12-16-14, 05:20 PM
The first prize is okay.

JustKay
12-16-14, 05:37 PM
.... a display of two ladies who look very pi$$ed off.

Lol, even their display models are not happy with TL. Not a good sign...

Id be miffed if Id spent 24 gems on Olaf's slightly disturbed yet still happy trailer park cousin.

The one bright silver lining of all these terrible items is reading the snarky comments from fans. I'm enjoying the comment creativity on these update threads recently. A lot more than the creativity of TL's updates :D

The first prize is okay.

Yeah, it certainly does look beautiful. Would love a larger picture though. The quality gap between this and all the other items in the box is huge! I wonder if TL is testing out whether they can put one good item in a box and throw in a bunch of duds to pad up the lineup and still make as much money from boxes. I thought that mystery boxes would be TL's best money spinner in FS, and it's a shame to see them letting the ball drop in this area too.

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 05:57 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/tumblr_inline_ngp6g7faKm1qm7yoc.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/tumblr_inline_ngp6g7faKm1qm7yoc.png.html)

FROM THE TL BLOG

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 06:01 PM
I like the 2nd place prize better than the first the models in the 1st place prize look just as bored as we do. And what are they doing? Playing with toy houses and their sitting on the snow covered ground and some casualy laying on it. I don't like it all. The tiny houses or whatever look dispaportioned just odd looking overall. Why couldn't we have a nice fireplace display with the models hanging stockings like the one in BS. Just a depressing update.

IF the purple flower vases were OUT of the box offered for a few gems each I would definitely buy up a bunch of those to go with my other purple items.

I just feel like someone is kicking mud in my face TL. UGGHH!!!!

Look at what BS and RS is getting then us :mad:

aceboutique
12-16-14, 07:24 PM
I CANT believe there's no CHRISTMAS displays yet!!!! what's wrong with you TL!!! I'm so looking forward to it!!

mergirl96
12-16-14, 07:33 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/tumblr_inline_ngp6g7faKm1qm7yoc.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/tumblr_inline_ngp6g7faKm1qm7yoc.png.html)

FROM THE TL BLOG
Are those red outfits the new catalog we just got? They look more like dresses than a jacket with a coat. And first prize is actually pretty nice. Too bad everything else in the box looks so strange.

orleansparish
12-16-14, 07:41 PM
Are those red outfits the new catalog we just got? They look more like dresses than a jacket with a coat. And first prize is actually pretty nice. Too bad everything else in the box looks so strange.

I saw that too and wondered if we were supposed to get that outfit. That headband also doesn't look like anything we have. It's like someone spilled their Starbucks and decided nah, we won't give them anything great, let me give something blah! Now I like the white because I keep all white near my artistic fountain but I need more red near my xmas section.

IsisGarden
12-16-14, 09:15 PM
BS and RS are getting a third week of Christmas items. I feel so robbed. I did mention to the community moderators for FS that we wanted and needed Christmas items before the week of Christmas. I'm a little disheartened right now.

Just sad...

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 09:25 PM
BS and RS are getting a third week of Christmas items. I feel so robbed. I did mention to the community moderators for FS that we wanted and needed Christmas items before the week of Christmas. I'm a little disheartened right now.

Just sad...

Isis I appreciate your efforts and being the voice for what we want/hope to see. I know this is still all new to you moderating feels good to know you care. But please don't feel dis heartened as if you failed. We know your trying your best. :)

IsisGarden
12-16-14, 09:42 PM
Isis I appreciate your efforts and being the voice for what we want/hope to see. I know this is still all new to you moderating feels good to know you care. But please don't feel dis heartened as if you failed. We know your trying your best. :)

Thanks jojopeanut. I needed this. I like being a moderator, but it gets hard because it seems like no one is listening. I am speaking up for us because I avidly play the game, so I feel everyone's pain. Thanks again.

jojopeanut
12-16-14, 10:04 PM
One more thought sense they had to give us a box and not so great prizes. Why not give us the option to open this box OR bring back last year's box as well. We could pick which one to open if we wanted to. Honestly last year's prizes were better.

I just seen a shop in the community ended up with 6 of those fuzy bean bag chairs and 1 lamp. I know it's a gamble but sad.

pieandcream
12-16-14, 10:13 PM
I just seen a shop in the community ended up with 6 of those fuzy bean bag chairs and 1 lamp. I know it's a gamble but sad.

They obviously are either gem rich or don't understand basic mathematics XD
No need to feel sorry.

Zee_Zatara
12-16-14, 10:58 PM
TeamLava is definitely playing the role of the Grinch this year. One measly update for Halloween and no more than one measly update for Christmas. Colorless catalogs for 8 weeks running. No LTO this week, instead there's a colorless surprise box with lame prizes. Very disappointing holiday season, TL. I guess the joke is on us. :mad:

jewelfang
12-16-14, 11:26 PM
Thanks jojopeanut. I needed this. I like being a moderator, but it gets hard because it seems like no one is listening. I am speaking up for us because I avidly play the game, so I feel everyone's pain. Thanks again.

Your efforts on our behalf are much appreciated! It must be frustrating sometimes, but you are doing a great job!

thepenfreak17
12-17-14, 12:23 AM
Week after week, we are being disappointed by either drab colored displays or items that are not Christmas related. Seriously, what is going on? I purchased a lot of gems on Black Friday. And it looks like, I'm just going to have to sit with them all year round. I finally decorated my shop after weeks of waiting for Christmas updates, making do with my old displays. I remember there was a time, when I used to open my game, and wish I had some of the displays that came out because I didn't have enough gems to get them. Now I'm gem rich, and have nothing to spend on. I've had enough experience with boxes and 4th price stuff. Once in a blue moon, you get a quality item, that you can display. The rest are either duplicates or not worth showing off. The only box that I was pleased with recently is the Lipstick Case. I apologize for being redundant, but I feel I'm not saying it enough. Disappointed in today's box as well. For weeks I'm reading comments, and watching such beautiful and mind-blowing suggestions pop out like never before. However TeamLava is turning a deaf ear. Please stop letting us down. Give the customers what they want, and your profits will soar.

Lina_101
12-17-14, 12:34 AM
I'm sooo disappointed with this weeks update :( I was really hoping for a nice colorful Christmas update available for everyone! I can't afford to buy gems so I saved them over the past few weeks... But I still don't have enough to gamble on a box! Besides that I wouldn't gamble on it anyway because the prizes are ugly!
I'm really sad now as I don't have any Christmas items yet except for the BF gingerbread village! At least TL could have offered a Christmassy mannequin instead of the nutcracker, id be happy with that!
Oh well... For people like me (not buying gems) the game is getting more boring with every update! Very disappointing! :(

lmwashburn
12-17-14, 01:32 AM
I've been waiting since I started playing this game for Christmas! After seeing other people who have been playing for years decorate their shops with Christmas stuff I got so excited for all the holidays! Then No Halloween and now No Christmas!! I'll be spending NO MORE GEMS until TL starts explaining what the problem is to us and starts changing stuff? This is not rocket science. Why would you not want to please your customers?? I just don't get it!

ONeal28
12-17-14, 06:21 AM
Very disappointed. They did very good updates on restaurant and bakery. Why not fashion? They need to hire new people for fashion

minidemon88
12-17-14, 06:23 AM

Just sad...

Cheer up IsisGarden! We know you're trying your very best for us! At least they did listened to your feedback about the high price tag of LTOs back then and re-adjusted the pricing back to the usual one again. So for that, I'm really grateful! :D Just hope the pricing will stay normal and won't hike up like crazy anymore.

minidemon88
12-17-14, 06:35 AM
Back to the updates, all I could said was I'm really disappointed! More so when I read people got the nutcracker from the box, which is the same one offered outside for 15 gems. smh

linp825
12-17-14, 11:03 AM
Another lame-o update. No prob i will simply save my gems, then no need to spend more money! Like as if I'm going to blow 24 gems at a pop to MAYBE get something I wouldn't spend FIVE gems on in the first place! Lol! So yes, I will hold off for maybe someday in the future when you people come up with something worthwile. At this rate who knows how long thats going to take, so I guess the best i can say is, in the meantime thank you for helping me save a little money TL! Lol!

Natasha_07
12-17-14, 11:06 AM
Back to the updates, all I could said was I'm really disappointed! More so when I read people got the nutcracker from the box, which is the same one offered outside for 15 gems. smh

The designers for BS & RS have been doing nice stuff lately, they should send over 1 designer of each team over to FS to festive-up things.

aishaibrahims
12-17-14, 11:35 AM
Not angry about the nutcracker anymore! I actually like the box, other than the tiny sled and the fact the metal tree isnt a worthy 2nd prize! I personally have loved the updates lately, im all set up for a classy, elegant holiday. Yesterday was the first i bought gems since BF(a long time for me!) Only a small batch, but i think it means im over it, thanks to these lovely updates. Was wondering if maybe some old items would be offered afew days before xmas like they did for halloween, but then i figured they offered afew xmas items on BF so probably not. Oh and just coz i like all this i still feel for those of you craving colour and christmas decor(not from a box)before new year!!

jojopeanut
12-17-14, 12:02 PM
The designers for BS & RS have been doing nice stuff lately, they should send over 1 designer of each team over to FS to festive-up things.

Seriously agree I look at those updates today I don't play them and literaly shed tears. Such awesome updates RS I seen anyway ALOT!!! of items a large fountain for COINS!!! seriously someone on the TL hates us. like I said before just look at the 1st place box prize they models look bored like we do and somewhat depressed sitting on the ground no less.

jewelfang
12-17-14, 12:02 PM
How is it that the little TL apps for matching candy and baked good BOTH have more holiday content than this game??? Sorry, I'm not over it, I'm still not happy at all about the lack of Holiday content on this game. I'd be happy with a big Kwanza and Hanukah update right now! Anything!! And how come the only holiday stuff we a bit early was for Thanksgiving??? Bah, humbug to you TL. I'm sick at home, feeling terrible, and really needed a little Christmas cheer.

minidemon88
12-17-14, 12:36 PM

I agreed! Though I'm hating the one making the final decision for our updates.

jojopeanut
12-17-14, 12:42 PM
Do you think maybe? We could be lucky enough to get another update maybe a new app for Android this week? something or just wishful thinking probably cause IoS wouldn't get a new app I dunno.

orleansparish
12-17-14, 01:11 PM
How is it that the little TL apps for matching candy and baked good BOTH have more holiday content than this game??? Sorry, I'm not over it, I'm still not happy at all about the lack of Holiday content on this game. I'd be happy with a big Kwanza and Hanukah update right now! Anything!! And how come the only holiday stuff we a bit early was for Thanksgiving??? Bah, humbug to you TL. I'm sick at home, feeling terrible, and really needed a little Christmas cheer.

Well, bakery and restaurant bring in more money for them I believe. However, it is odd how fashion gets clothes and LTOs every week, a box each month and some pretty decent content, but we can't have them send one person over from drsgon, bakery and castle to set up goals or who love clothes? That's whats puzzling. Or how bakery and restaurant both had displays from yesteryear on sale but all we got was items from the autumn box for coins.

I spend money equally on fashion and bakery so I don't gripe with one over the other. But everyone is in the same building. Surely someone who controls one game likes another and can walk down a flight of stairs to give tips and ideas!

Natasha_07
12-17-14, 01:12 PM
Seriously agree I look at those updates today I don't play them and literaly shed tears. Such awesome updates RS I seen anyway ALOT!!! of items a large fountain for COINS!!! seriously someone on the TL hates us. like I said before just look at the 1st place box prize they models look bored like we do and somewhat depressed sitting on the ground no less.

I agreed! Though I'm hating the one making the final decision for our updates.

Additional to FS, I also play BS & RS so I'm happy with the 75,000 fountain which I wanted in RS and the best biggest update in BS, even the gem items there are pretty and I'm going to get them all hopefully.

If we get a holiday update next week in FS, I hope they go all out too, and not just some random items but beautifully designed and with COLORS. I want to spend my gems, but not just on anything they gave us.

Natasha_07
12-17-14, 01:14 PM
Do you think maybe? We could be lucky enough to get another update maybe a new app for Android this week? something or just wishful thinking probably cause IoS wouldn't get a new app I dunno.

I want to believe...

BS is probably getting a new edition, because us Androids got half of the update so maybe FS could...

orleansparish
12-17-14, 01:15 PM

I doubt android Would get a new app and not ios. Not with new content. I saw bakery had some old items for sale yet again for five days and ran over to fashion to see if just maybe the same was done today too. I play all three games along with some others and just about all of them have a major xmas event happening. We get nada. Imagine how many big money spenders would splurge on more gems if we had a community event too.

We could win an outfit for our closet. Some tables and racks. Another huge display. Then individual prizes, like a mannequin, wall decoration, etc. Why is it so complicated? Make it mandatory for an intern TL. I know yall have some in That gigantic office! I've seen the videos!

Natasha_07
12-17-14, 01:18 PM
Dragon Story is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... Really!

jewelfang
12-17-14, 01:35 PM
Well, bakery and restaurant bring in more money for them I believe. However, it is odd how fashion gets clothes and LTOs every week, a box each month and some pretty decent content, but we can't have them send one person over from drsgon, bakery and castle to set up goals or who love clothes? That's whats puzzling. Or how bakery and restaurant both had displays from yesteryear on sale but all we got was items from the autumn box for coins.

I spend money equally on fashion and bakery so I don't gripe with one over the other. But everyone is in the same building. Surely someone who controls one game likes another and can walk down a flight of stairs to give tips and ideas!

I actually meant the cupcake mania and candy mania, the little apps where you match items to finish levels? Both of those got a bunch of holiday themed levels and even goals, which seems like more than FS git. Technically I guess this box is holiday themed, in a sad and boring way. But the things we all get access to, the eyeless nutcracker is bad, and the shaggy Yeti skin looking coat with trashy sunglasses is worse.

Maybe being sick is making me less tolerant of a bad update, but the timing for a bad update now is just the WORST! There have been some nice LTO's lately though other update content has not been great, but the catalogues have been bad and boring for literally months now! This update, 2 weeks before Christmas, should have knocked our socks off. If they were determined to do a box, fine, but make it a box worth opening with color and decent prizes at all levels, like the purple box was, not one that actually made some of your players cry!!

JustKay
12-17-14, 02:28 PM
Those tile matching games are very simple and lucrative. Look how big CC got! It's all about time investment for money return. In those games a lot of the same elements carry over from one update to the next, TL just have to tweak the goals a bit or reduce the moves for each level and then bam, new update. A lot less creativity required than designing new displays for FS. And once those levels are done some people play them even longer to get higher scores by using the gem features. That's even more money to TL. There are no high scores in FS, and most people will buy a display once or twice for symmetry.

Right now the real money is in those puzzler games. That's why there's so many. I'm just glad that FS hasn't been shut down and that every time TL releases a new updated puzzler, I can get free gems for FS :D Without this I wouldn't have been able to complete my beach esplanade and my gym store. I'm also well on the way to completing my Okiya Japanese garden.

JustKay
12-17-14, 02:34 PM

I still cannot fathom why they would do this. Strangely, if they had simply not offered the nutcracker for 15 gems, it would have been so much better for everyone! Nobody would feel jipped for opening a 24 gem box and getting a clearly marked 15 gem item for it. That's a slap in the face. Heck if they had priced the nutcracker at 24 gems it wouldn't have hurt so much. I can't even believe I'm saying all this; raise prices and don't release box items! They're just doing it all wrong. Now they're making lots of people who are spending gems unhappy, when I think nobody would have bought that ugly wooden soldier for the 15 gems anyway. TL's decisions make less and less sense everyday. I think an intern must be running the FS show...

JustKay
12-17-14, 02:43 PM

FROM THE TL BLOG

Hey are those red outfits from any existing catalogs? Is this a sneak peek at next weeks' xmas update? Maybe that will have a nutcracker outfit (to go with the wooden soldier). I also see a white version of the Modern Pilgrim hairband.

aishaibrahims
12-17-14, 02:59 PM
I still cannot fantom why they would do this. Strangely, if they had simply not offered the nutcracker for 15 gems, it would have been so much better for everyone! Nobody would feel jipped for opening a 24 gem box and getting a clearly marked 15 gem item for it. That's a slap in the face. Heck if they had priced the nutcracker at 24 gems it wouldn't have hurt so much. I can't even believe I'm saying all this; raise prices and don't release box items! They're just doing it all wrong. Now they're making lots of people who are spending gems unhappy, when I think nobody would have bought that ugly wooden soldier for the 15 gems anyway. TL's decisions make less and less sense everyday. I think an intern must be running the FS show...
lol! Im not sure if it was before or after your post, but the toy soldier is no longer available!! Wasnt last time they pictured 2 updates together halloween? When they released more items afew days later. Maybe we will get a treat before next tuesday! Ye and maybe reindeers actually fly!!!

IsisGarden
12-17-14, 03:37 PM
This is about the NutCracker... Now the Toy Solider...

http://forum.storm8.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by IsisGarden http://forum.storm8.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=1023343#post1023343)

Did you all realize that the Nutcracker being offered for 15 gems in the decor section is also one of the items in the box?

Thank you for reporting this. The team is currently investigating this. I'll update you when I have more info.

EDIT:
The item name has been changed to Toy Soldier and it has been removed from the Market. It can only be obtained from the White Suitcases mystery box now.
If players mention they're unhappy about this, players can email support@teamlava.com with their concern and send me a PM with the ticket number.

aishaibrahims
12-17-14, 04:18 PM
This is about the NutCracker... Now the Toy Solider...

http://forum.storm8.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by IsisGarden http://forum.storm8.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=1023343#post1023343)

Did you all realize that the Nutcracker being offered for 15 gems in the decor section is also one of the items in the box?
oh thanks, was wondering if it was on purpose or mistake. Was unhappy yesterday but not now. Thanks for the info tho.

JustKay
12-17-14, 05:14 PM
Good to hear there's still some sense in the world. I'm glad they cared enough to act quickly to fix the situation. The fix wasn't really one I would have picked. I think most people would have preferred to remove the Toy Soldier from the box, but it doesn't effect me either way.

jewelfang
12-17-14, 09:36 PM
Eh, I guess I'm somewhat over it too. TL has i's ups and downs with updates, it always has, this is nothing new. It is just sad that the mid December update was one for the downswing. I know there will be content I love in the not too distant future.

And I'm glad they fixed the nutcracker issue. Not the best thing, but I see why they did it that way.

jojopeanut
12-17-14, 10:11 PM
Eh, I guess I'm somewhat over it too. TL has i's ups and downs with updates, it always has, this is nothing new. It is just sad that the mid December update was one for the downswing. I know there will be content I love in the not too distant future.

And I'm glad they fixed the nutcracker issue. Not the best thing, but I see why they did it that way.

Same emphasis on SOMEWHAT still disappointed. But thinking how absolutely fabulous my January boutique is going to look decked in gray, black white and red. And giddy with my Christmas gift to me from me my new bose wireless bluetooth speaker.
Also enjoying Survivor finale. :)

JustKay
12-17-14, 10:48 PM
oh thanks, was wondering if it was on purpose or mistake. Was unhappy yesterday but not now. Thanks for the info tho.

Eh, I guess I'm somewhat over it too. TL has i's ups and downs with updates, it always has, this is nothing new.

Let's not be so quick to forgive TL or they won't be afraid to "err" again in future. They obviously know that what they've done was wrong as they've acted to correct it. I personally think this is a new low. Sure they've made some pricing mistakes in the past, but this nutcracker might as well have been a lump of coal.

filochick1982
12-18-14, 05:17 AM
I actually think the Nutcracker issue was an honest mistake, which they've fixed once they were aware of the issue.

I think the other story/mania games appeal more to the masses so they focus their efforts on what games make them the most money which makes business sense. Let's face it - Fashion Story is going to appeal mostly to women so it's only half the gaming market.

jewelfang
12-18-14, 11:34 AM
I agree about the Nutcracker thing just being a mistake. That being said, plenty of effort is going into this game on the part of the devs. They did create an entire box full of items, and a new catalogue and new content for us each week. FAR more work goes into this game than Candy Mania or whatever.

What we are questioning here is the taste of that content. that is all. IT's art, so it is subjective, but it seems like a lot of people really disliked this weeks box items, except for maybe first place, and some people didn't even like that.

So what I'm over is the ugly and boring update. Because I know there will be exciting and beautiful content updates someday again. Those are the ups and downs I was talking about, in the art choices. Now if their LTO prices skyrocket again, I'll be back to being an unhappy camper. But if they give us steady content, and I like at least some of it (say half?) then I'm good.

JustKay
12-18-14, 05:41 PM
Whether it's a mistake or not, I think it serves as an example. If people don't care after one day, TL will consider that into their decision making in future. My biggest worry with this example is that for the first time, a box contained a market item.

How would you feel if instead of TL releasing one new box with 3 class A items (1st & 2nd prize quality) and 6 class B items (3rd & 4th prize), they instead split content to release two boxes (not at the same time) each with only 1 class A item, 7 class B items, and one market item (an older item or one part of a recent update), which is what I feel the last box was. TL expend less effort on the content, but could get close to twice as much gems spent on boxes. That's the boundary that's being tested in this accidental experiment. From there they could easily progress to 1 class A item, 4 class B items, and 4 market items.

It's obvious they've been cutting corners and trying to reduce work and increase efficiency\profitability. That change to how boxes are stocked could very well be the next step.

filochick1982
12-19-14, 02:21 PM
If it was an honest mistake, I'm fairly certain they didn't mean to actually include a box item into the market and vice versa which means it's unlikely to happen again. I've never heard of it happening before.

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 12:55 PM
Am I tripping or there is a new update???
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-13-52-49.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-13-52-49.png.html)

IsisGarden
12-20-14, 12:58 PM
Yes, there's a new update. Christmas came early. There's a display as well. Don't know what else is available. Will post pictures.

jojopeanut
12-20-14, 01:03 PM
Oh my Gosh!!! I've never seen it has to be let me go see!!! Oh my we got another update I seen a LTO expires in 3 days and the catalog so far still looking.

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 01:06 PM
Ok good cause I saw the LTO and I thougt... "did I miss something? Is it tuesday? Should I be at work? " lmao

Natasha_07
12-20-14, 01:06 PM
Winter Green LTO

45 Gems

Natasha_07
12-20-14, 01:07 PM
Ok good cause I saw the LTO and I thougt... "did I miss something? Is it tuesday? Should I be at work? " lmao

They are spoiling us this season, Tuesday update, Christmas sale & more goodies today. I'm going to drop!

jojopeanut
12-20-14, 01:12 PM
There's an adorable reindeer for coins. They got me at the right time perfect timing in the middle of my 3rd Christmas re model..lol

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 01:15 PM
Loving the mannequin :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/fashion_story-2014-12-20-02-13-53.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/fashion_story-2014-12-20-02-13-53.png.html)

jojopeanut
12-20-14, 01:18 PM
Loving the mannequin :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/fashion_story-2014-12-20-02-13-53.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/fashion_story-2014-12-20-02-13-53.png.html)

The reindeer is just TO cute look at his little reindeer booties :)

aiyoosha
12-20-14, 01:20 PM
awesome! thanks for pics! ^_^

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 01:20 PM
The reindeer is just TO cute look at his little reindeer booties :)
It is super cute!!! Omg TL is making me want to re do and I really dont want to aaaaggghhhh lol

jojopeanut
12-20-14, 01:24 PM
Now *cough* someone please buy the LTO and post a pic :) *runs to corner hides behind tree knowing everyone is almost out of gems*

Natasha_07
12-20-14, 01:25 PM
Someone please tell me how much the mannequin and reindeer cost, I cannot see them. Thank you!

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 01:29 PM
Now *cough* someone please buy the LTO and post a pic :) *runs to corner hides behind tree knowing everyone is almost out of gems*

Its all you getting xD

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-27-06.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-27-06.png.html)

IsisGarden
12-20-14, 01:30 PM
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/578dfe0c5aec00249f4749bbf793950c_zps5c34d4a0.jpg

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/e51dd773fe211ece5f241280611008e2_zpsb48df779.jpg

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/1644c054761704839f46c3245c783428_zpsc146ccbc.jpg

The LTO
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/3566bc71f36a23c8e576a752414471cd_zps89e2f1c0.jpg

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/82c1f064e8f313addc51cb52ea293640_zps6b48c847.jpg

jojopeanut
12-20-14, 01:31 PM
Oh NO!!! I love it the models the dresses.. Took till now we finally got color. TY for posting a pic. Now I'm in a conundrum.. Lol

aiyoosha
12-20-14, 01:32 PM
nvm better post above lol

Bellamiux
12-20-14, 01:33 PM
Someone please tell me how much the mannequin and reindeer cost, I cannot see them. Thank you!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-31-56.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-31-56.png.html)

aiyoosha
12-20-14, 01:34 PM
Its all you getting xD

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-27-06.png (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/2014-12-20-14-27-06.png.html)

i have to get it! no if ands or butts about it

jewelfang
12-20-14, 01:45 PM
I like the LTO, but I'm torn. It's my favorite color (green), but the models look a little wonky to me. I'll have to take a nap on it.

Overall, great update now though!! Love the reindeers for coins and the wall decor. Makes me want to redecorate everything!!!

mergirl96
12-20-14, 01:46 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised! A lovely Christmas update out of the blue, and with lots of color! The LTO is so cute and chic I have to get it. And the catalog is so lovely, the shade of green and the accessories are fantastic! I love the mannequin and the cute little angel and the reindeer. Thank you so much TL!

IsisGarden
12-20-14, 01:49 PM
Created a new post for the update.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76411-Fashion-Story-Update-12-20-2014&p=1025718#post1025718