Hawksmoor
12-15-14, 06:45 PM
Oh I hope it's for a world event! :D

my607
12-15-14, 08:19 PM
I think it's to fix bugs.

Buttercup0001
12-15-14, 08:28 PM
Hoping that they fixed the chances of breeding so as we the players dont get so many failed breeds. Actually got my fingers crossed they I can finally breed the Christmas animals without the fails.

A2TUDE
12-15-14, 09:01 PM
Nothing new sadly :( :(

Buttercup0001
12-15-14, 10:36 PM
Nothing new sadly :( :(

Agree with u there, I'm still breeding fails. Why cant they improve the rate of successful breeding.

angela3737
12-15-14, 11:02 PM
@ any staff / moderator - do you know if the latest update is to help older device by any chance ?last 2 updates stopped my iPad from playing this so i don't want to mesh with the update before knowing if it will help Ipad / or prevent my older itouch from playing .

Petasos
12-15-14, 11:51 PM
Just says bug fixes, we do not need to know more then that I guess. Why would we expect patch release notes? That is just silly when you can just say "bug fixes". Storm 8 only wants to be paid like a software company, they do not want to have to do the work. So bug fixes should be sufficient.

sand
12-16-14, 03:37 AM
@ any staff / moderator - do you know if the latest update is to help older device by any chance ?last 2 updates stopped my iPad from playing this so i don't want to mesh with the update before knowing if it will help Ipad / or prevent my older itouch from playing .

I hear you. I'm still using version 1.3.1, the one they released late in October with the weird looking Magmacore mascot. This is the third update they've released since then, and I've found no reason to bite. I play all my forests on a single device -- an old iPhone 4, so I'm reluctant to update unless the newer version unlocks something I can't currently have.

For a while, I wondered whether the old October version was locking me out of new breeds, but Vash-Naroom bred Pumpkin Panda and the first two of the Christmas Presents Trio so far. The two elder forests are still struggling to breed Pumpy; guess it's just rotten luck.

Well, who knows. Today (Tuesday) may bring the long-anticipated Second Annual (LOL) Fantasy Forest Story World Event. And maybe we will need v.1.4.2 to join the fun, just like we needed v.1.3.1 for the Trick Or Treat pumpkin collection. Bring on the candy canes, holly branches, mistletoe sprigs or whatever!

cocauina
12-16-14, 07:14 AM
I hope this update is really bug fixes like they say, when I star visiting from neighbors, after I visit around 20 islands, the trees to expand of every islands, animals and some habitats, just vanish, I force close the game and then open, and it's back, but if I visit around 20 islands again, I have the same problem.

Let's see if that doesn't happen in this update. And let's see if we have a World Event today..

GreasedLightening
12-16-14, 08:51 AM
I hope this update is really bug fixes like they say, when I star visiting from neighbors, after I visit around 20 islands, the trees to expand of every islands, animals and some habitats, just vanish, I force close the game and then open, and it's back, but if I visit around 20 islands again, I have the same problem.

Let's see if that doesn't happen in this update. And let's see if we have a World Event today..

Unfortunately that problem is not fixed.. Been having this issue since last update, TL Support was no help, as the only suggestion I received was to update to IOS 8. Which I still have not done. I updated FFS last night, visited a bunch of neighbors and poof...all disappeared..a real pain in the a.. So I haven't been able to visit my neighbors daily.

xxxe
12-16-14, 09:05 AM
I have an old IPod 4th generation and I have to restart my device anytime I want to log into FFS. If I try to open the game without turning my device on and off it just won't load. I also can't visits any neighbors at all. It will just force close. Luckily, I saw a package that came in the mail the other day that my husband quickly hid but it was from the Apple store. Hopefully once I have the updated IPod it won't crash on me anymore. I don't think I will update the game unless its for the World Event I'm hoping to get today.

cocauina
12-16-14, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately that problem is not fixed.. Been having this issue since last update, TL Support was no help, as the only suggestion I received was to update to IOS 8. Which I still have not done. I updated FFS last night, visited a bunch of neighbors and poof...all disappeared..a real pain in the a.. So I haven't been able to visit my neighbors daily.

I didn't had this problem until the last update, I'm still using the IOS 6 because I don't like the IOS 7 and 8, those new IOS eat up battery like a baby crying for food.

I only need to charge my phone 1 time a day and play between 2 a 4 games a day, when the other phone where I have the second account and has the IOS 8, the phone most of the times needs to be charge 2 times a day, between 2 a 4 games open a day also.
Yes, the new software has new and nice things, there are many applications that requires the new IOS, bla bla bla, but it's not worth having. The person who has the IOS 8 and "my" second account, wants to do a downgrade on the IOS and another friend of mine (send text messages everyday, and play when he wants) asked why I charge 1 time everyday when he charges his phone almost 2 times a day, my answer "You have IOS 8, I have IOS 6". So yeah, here are the reasons for me to don't update the IOS and why I love the IOS 6.

GreasedLightening
12-16-14, 10:45 AM
I didn't had this problem until the last update, I'm still using the IOS 6 because I don't like the IOS 7 and 8, those new IOS eat up battery like a baby crying for food.

I only need to charge my phone 1 time a day and play between 2 a 4 games a day, when the other phone where I have the second account and has the IOS 8, the phone most of the times needs to be charge 2 times a day, between 2 a 4 games open a day also.
Yes, the new software has new and nice things, there are many applications that requires the new IOS, bla bla bla, but it's not worth having. The person who has the IOS 8 and "my" second account, wants to do a downgrade on the IOS and another friend of mine (send text messages everyday, and play when he wants) asked why I charge 1 time everyday when he charges his phone almost 2 times a day, my answer "You have IOS 8, I have IOS 6". So yeah, here are the reasons for me to don't update the IOS and why I love the IOS 6.

Well my device is a new iPad Air with IOS 7 and I do have to charge at least twice daily. But this vanishing animals did not occur until I updated FFS last month. Before then I was able to visit 200 neighbors daily. Now I'm lucky to get 15. Have to break my visiting time up throughout the day and night.
I do apologize to all my neighbors that are used to getting a visit from me daily. I try to get to as many of you as I can before it all disappears, and I have to shut it down and start all over again. Who has time for all that nonsense.
This is totally a TL issue, not a devise or IOS issue, but all the emails I've received from support have not been helpful at all. And this update has not fixed the issue either.....

cocauina
12-16-14, 10:57 AM
Well my device is a new iPad Air with IOS 7 and I do have to charge at least twice daily. But this vanishing animals did not occur until I updated FFS last month. Before then I was able to visit 200 neighbors daily. Now I'm lucky to get 15. Have to break my visiting time up throughout the day and night.
I do apologize to all my neighbors that are used to getting a visit from me daily. I try to get to as many of you as I can before it all disappears, and I have to shut it down and start all over again. Who has time for all that nonsense.
This is totally a TL issue, not a devise or IOS issue, but all the emails I've received from support have not been helpful at all. And this update has not fixed the issue either.....

I didn't say that the IOS was the issue, it's the opposite, the issue here is the game itself, because players have the IOS 6, 7 and 8, and they still have the island desappearing. And I didn't say also that the device was the issue, the problem is, there are many devices that cannot have the new software only because that device doesn't not support the new IOS, with that, the person cannot have many applications only because that app requires the new IOS, and there are games that needs the new IOS, FFS had an update were the players with IOS 5 could not open the game, when the players with IOS 6, 7 and 8, could open the game.

The problem here is the game, not the IOS or device, I talked about the IOS, since GreasedLightening talked about the fact she/he didn't update from IOS 7 to 8, I only talked about my reasons for not updating the software of my phone.

And same as you, I only had the things in the island starting to desappear, after updating the game to the version 1.4.1, the update before this, 1.4.2.

Vodelle
12-16-14, 11:12 AM
The island/habitats disappearing seems to be some kind of caching/memory issue (I assume as you visit more islands, it tries to store more things and eventually breaks). Definitely a bug I've experienced, but all it does is require restarting the game.

There's another bug I experienced where if you have an expansion waiting, that plot is symbolized by a dashed-line square border. That border appears while you're in battlegrounds or arena. Never bothered reporting it, though, so I'm curious to see if that's fixed.

I could also write a lot here about how much I've hated my experience with iOS8... but at the same time, games not working or working poorly on really old iOS or devices (iOS5, old ipod touches) isn't too surprising, to be honest. Most new phone/ipad/etc models tend to have more memory or processing power which apps often take advantage of, and over time your old device might not be able to run things. That's kind of just the way it is. :/

sand
12-16-14, 11:55 AM
I've been using iOS 6.1 for quite some time. Not sure how much more my old phone can take so I'm sticking with it as long as I can. There are some processing issues, especially with habitats and animals being temporarily invisible, but it's not a major problem.

On Dragon Story, all my dragons stopped flying about a year or two ago -- TeamLava's way of limiting the amount of processing the older devices have to do. It's a bit of a bummer having the dragons grounded, but that's the price I have to pay to continue playing with my clunker. Not gonna complain.

GreasedLightening
12-16-14, 02:59 PM
I didn't say that the IOS was the issue, it's the opposite, the issue here is the game itself, because players have the IOS 6, 7 and 8, and they still have the island desappearing. And I didn't say also that the device was the issue, the problem is, there are many devices that cannot have the new software only because that device doesn't not support the new IOS, with that, the person cannot have many applications only because that app requires the new IOS, and there are games that needs the new IOS, FFS had an update were the players with IOS 5 could not open the game, when the players with IOS 6, 7 and 8, could open the game.

The problem here is the game, not the IOS or device, I talked about the IOS, since GreasedLightening talked about the fact she/he didn't update from IOS 7 to 8, I only talked about my reasons for not updating the software of my phone.

And same as you, I only had the things in the island starting to desappear, after updating the game to the version 1.4.1, the update before this, 1.4.2.

I know you were not saying that the device or IOS used were the problem, I was just trying to emphasize to the TL gods that the issue lies with them and not us. Specially since all who are having this issue are using different devises and IOS. I started a thread in bugs and issues a while ago, maybe if enough people complain they will do something about it. That is in hoping that someone from TL actually reads the threads.

cocauina
12-16-14, 03:04 PM
I know you were not saying that the device or IOS used were the problem, I was just trying to emphasize to the TL gods that the issue lies with them and not us. Specially since all who are having this issue are using different devises and IOS. I started a thread in bugs and issues a while ago, maybe if enough people complain they will do something about it. That is in hoping that someone from TL actually reads the threads.

Oh, okay :)
Until that happens, TL will not do anyhting about that, we already know how TL is, for them to do anything that is what the players need to be done, we need to wait a long time, unfortunately.