PDA

View Full Version : 184 goal help?

denalli2554
12-15-14, 03:42 PM
Any one pass 184 without popping light blue bubbles?! Help!!

Lincstrake
12-15-14, 06:20 PM
Has the wording of this goal changed? I just opened that level, and there WERE no light blue bubbles. I may have already achieved this goal, in which case I won't be able to view the current description of the goal anymore.

Lincstrake
12-16-14, 01:24 AM
OK, by completing a couple of earlier goals on that island, I was able to activate the Level 184 goal, and I can see that the wording has not changed.

Therefore, I would say that the easiest way to achieve this goal is to keep restarting the game until you get a layout without light blue bubbles in it ;).

If you considering that *****ing, and actually want the challenge, then I would expect that this goal will be rather tough to achieve. Lots of little things could derail your effort. For example, if the lowest blower happens to blow a light blue bubble into the row with lightning bubbles at each end, then hitting either of these lightning bubbles will mean you cannot achieve the goal, as clearing a bubble by zapping it with lightning is treated as popping.

Probably the best strategy at the start is to try to drop the whole lower left cluster by attacking at the point mid-screen directly below the ice bubbles, using bubbles of the color that is prevalent there, and then trying to clear the way to and hit the lightning bubble in the upper left. Even if you are able to do all of that without popping light blue bubbles, the rest of the way will still not be easy, and will probably require many attempts, but should be possible. As you work your way up, discard light blue bubbles in every nook and cranny available. With this type of goal (avoiding popping any bubbles of a particular color), an effective strategy is to periodically place bubbles of any other color at out-of-the-way places at the bottom, to provide additional spots onto which you can discard bubbles of the undesired color, helping you to avoid being forced into forming clusters of them.

I mostly ignore goals in Bubble Mania. They are not as fun for me as playing new levels. If that's your thing, though, good luck!

Lincstrake
12-17-14, 09:58 AM
I was finally able to achieve the goal for Level 184, after numerous tries.

This is a fairly challenging goal, and most likely requires a few precision shots to be able to achieve it. Rather than describe the strategy I used, I felt it was simpler in this case to provide a playthrough. Here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2crwht_bubble-mania-level-184-playthrough_videogames

For those who cannot see the above video, here is a direct link to it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2crwht_bubble-mania-level-184-playthrough_videogames.