PDA

View Full Version : Can I run the same bakery on two different devices?

NoWayCupcake
12-12-14, 05:47 PM
Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I haven't figured it out yet. Is it possible to have the same bakery on 2 devices, such as an iPhone and iPad? I know I can log in and out with my storm ID but I'm terrified of losing my bakery on my main iOS device. When it says "transfer" I'm afraid that means move from one to the other, not "add to" current device. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

baker601
12-12-14, 05:55 PM
I do it! :) I have it on my husbands and my phone!

ElaineCarrel
12-12-14, 06:43 PM
I love it. I run it on my iPhone 5s and iPad 2. This way I'm able to play on my phone when I'm away from home and then when I get home wait a few minutes for my iPad to synch w my phone and away I go.
Very convenient.

jo_fitz
12-12-14, 06:53 PM
I do :) on my phone and my tablet

meme1098
12-12-14, 07:47 PM
Just use the log in feature.
Tap Main>Social>invite friends>account settings
Type in your ID & password.
Always be sure to force close the app before opening it on another device to make sure there's no conflict between the two.

filochick1982
12-12-14, 11:13 PM
You don't lose any progress or content because your game is saved on the gamer's server. You can even play the same account on both Android and iOS! I play my one account on my iPhone 6, iPad and my husband's Galaxy tablet.

joannaB1010
12-19-14, 04:40 AM
Thank you for asking this! I had the same exact question. :)

Nightstar913
12-19-14, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if you can do it with two kindle fires. I don't think they have the same level of support that other devices do ???

Oldman114
12-26-14, 11:28 AM
Somewhat related- we bought a tablet and transferred my wife's original bakery to the tablet off of her iPhone. How can we "log off" and create a new profile so our daughter can start her own bakery on the iPhone? We can't find where to log off from the bakery on the iPhone, nor where we can create a new profile. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

filochick1982
12-26-14, 01:36 PM
Is there a blue storm8 ID icon on the top right of the screen? Click on that and there should be a button for Account Settings. It should allow you to log off there. How was your wife's game transferred? By the way, she can still play the game on her iPhone even though it's been 'transferred' to her iPad. It's hasn'the really been transferred to be honest. All game progress is saved on the server so your wife can log in on any device to play her game as long as the app is installed. To get a new account for your daughter, delete the app and then download and reinstall again. In theory when you reopen the newly installed app, it should default to a new account which you can create a new storm8 ID for.

Somewhat related- we bought a tablet and transferred my wife's original bakery to the tablet off of her iPhone. How can we "log off" and create a new profile so our daughter can start her own bakery on the iPhone? We can't find where to log off from the bakery on the iPhone, nor where we can create a new profile. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

monstertop
12-26-14, 05:56 PM
So then if I started playing on Android but have an old iPhone that I would like to use to play Bakery Story on both devices, will I be able to gain access to items that only iPhones have?

meme1098
12-26-14, 07:38 PM
Login feature:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

filochick1982
12-26-14, 10:37 PM
If you bought stuff on Android, you would still have it in your inventory because that data is stored on the server so it doesn't matter which device or platfor you choose to play the game on (ios or Android). It just means if it's no longer available on iOS, you can't purchase anymore of it - you would need to go back to Android and buy it there. When you log back in on iOS, it should be in your inventory. I don't think there is any content on iOS that isn't available on Android.

So then if I started playing on Android but have an old iPhone that I would like to use to play Bakery Story on both devices, will I be able to gain access to items that only iPhones have?

PepperWoo
12-26-14, 11:14 PM
I don't think there is any content on iOS that isn't available on Android.

There are a few actually.. the 4th of July stuff like the Liberty Lady, Independence Wreath, etc. I'm not sure when or if they were ever available on Android. xD

law1218
12-27-14, 10:00 AM
I am trying to access my current bakery and restaurant on a new device and when I try to type in my storm id it tells me that it is already taken. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I do not want to start over. Any advice is appreciated

sugakane_01
12-27-14, 02:23 PM
You don't lose any progress or content because your game is saved on the gamer's server. You can even play the same account on both Android and iOS! I play my one account on my iPhone 6, iPad and my husband's Galaxy tablet.

I play on Android and Ipad too and I love it b/c on some games (like Dragon Story) there's content that you can only get on IOS and there are gem download offers and game features that are only available on IOS then on some games (like FS, RS and BS) on Android you can access older versions to get content you might have missed. It's super easy to switch back and forth once you get the hang of it and I feel like I'm getting the most out of the games by being able to access both platforms :)

kvoeller
12-29-14, 09:43 AM
I am trying to access my current bakery and restaurant on a new device and when I try to type in my storm id it tells me that it is already taken. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I do not want to start over. Any advice is appreciated

So when you set it up on a new device, you need to set up a new id and password for the new device. Then you can use the log in feature to transfer your current game. The reason it's saying your ID is taken is because it synced to your original device. So you are essentially starting a new bakery before you can log in to your old one. I hope I didn't make that more confusing.