PDA

View Full Version : Farm 2: New Poll and Suggestion Thread 12-12-14

kooky panda
12-12-14, 12:23 PM
Sorry the polls have gotten behind!

What items would you like to see? You can vote for as many items as you would like, but you can only vote once.

Please post suggestions for any new items you would like added. Decorations, recipes, crops, etc.

Thanks!

PookieBear50
12-12-14, 02:46 PM
I don't remember everything I have suggested in the past, so I apologize if I repeat myself now.

A maple tree or trees? These could maybe be scooped once a day (need to provide enough time for the sap to collect), like the beehive. Besides the syrup itself, maple sugar could be produced. Hotcakes are another possibility, using maybe 1 flour, 1 egg, 1 butter, and 1 maple syrup. Maple ice cream is also possible.

Not sure how it would work, but a gum tree? Then chewing or bubble gum, and even just rubber, become possibilities.

Olive trees? Olives to add to a vegetarian pizza (unless there already is one), to make into olive oil, to stuff, etc.

Cucumbers? To make a cucumber salad, to turn into pickled cucumber, which could in turn be made into either relish or used as-is in a hot dog (made in the deli using bread, bacon for the sausage, and the pickle or the relish).

How about a cabbage crop? Then coleslaw becomes a possibility. And for those players with international tastes, a cabbage roll might be offered, as well as kimchee.

A new recipe in the dairy might be doable, if two milks and maybe two peppers were combined to create a second kind of cheese, like pepper jack. Then it could be used to make tacos (pork, I guess, since it's the only animal we get meat from, or maybe fish with all the anchovies we get trying to catch catfish or bass) using spinach (unless a lettuce crop or cabbage crop is added), the new cheese, and corn tortillas (made with maybe 3 corn, the way biscuits are made with 3 wheat).

How about a herd of goats? But instead of feeding them with a new animal feed, we can feed them excess produce, like if we somehow end up with too much wheat or rice or corn or anything. Then, in a few hours, we can collect goat milk, which can then be made into goat cheese in the dairy, allowing for another type of salad in the deli, a Greek salad...though that may require the onion crop becoming a reality, and possibly needing the suggested olive and cucumber crops as well.

The ability to recall items that are either not selling in our Side Shop or that are assigned to be used but are not yet being used to craft items would be of immeasurable value, especially if we make a mistake in the order of crafting assignments.

Please bring back any crop, item, or recipe that has a possibility of being useful beyond the event they appear in. For example, the coconut as a regular crop, but also the peppermint crop from last Christmas, which could have been substituted as an ingredient now to make mint chocolate chip ice cream, or other mint products.

Sorry for going on so long.

amyangel96
12-12-14, 06:17 PM
How about a herd of goats? But instead of feeding them with a new animal feed, we can feed them excess produce, like if we somehow end up with too much wheat or rice or corn or anything. Then, in a few hours, we can collect goat milk, which can then be made into goat cheese in the dairy, allowing for another type of salad in the deli, a Greek salad...though that may require the onion crop becoming a reality, and possibly needing the suggested olive and cucumber crops as well.

The ability to recall items that are either not selling in our Side Shop or that are assigned to be used but are not yet being used to craft items would be of immeasurable value, especially if we make a mistake in the order of crafting assignments.

I love all your ideas, but especially goats that can eat extra stuff (goats will eat just about anything!). And I'd love to be able to get stuff out of my shop, even if it meant buying it back from myself. There have been a few times I've put things up for sale and then oops! Morgan asks for them for an event or something.

Also - GNOMES. That would be awesome, however they are done. Wandering around like pets, popping up like moles, a new expansion area with a gnome home... maybe they cook something or give random items and small coin amounts.

PookieBear50
12-13-14, 05:04 PM
Another suggestion...redo the Side Shop display so that, instead of two rows of 4 and then having to slide to the right for a third row, either expand it to 2 rows of 6, or move the third row below the other two.

fortloner
12-16-14, 06:07 PM
Have a setting for gem use (to confirm) this is my biggest pet peeve and why I am leaving the game among other things like 10-12 deliveries with nothing but money and XP not good enough.

angela3737
12-16-14, 10:11 PM
A duck pond ..where you can make pillows ..comforters ..jackets ..etc .it can use same building as the one for wool

socuriouser
12-17-14, 02:13 PM
Have a setting for gem use (to confirm) this is my biggest pet peeve and why I am leaving the game among other things like 10-12 deliveries with nothing but money and XP not good enough.
What he said. I rarely, if ever, get any items useful in upgrading buildings - to the point where I don't see the value in bothering with deliveries.

I'd LOVE to be able to sell pet pens. I accidentally bought the show pony pen, and with the cost of those buggers, I will never buy one: not even at half price! The show pony pen can't be sold, stored or used by anything other than a show pony, so it is completely useless to me.

ozigal
12-17-14, 05:44 PM
A safe to put the gems in so I don't keep loosing them by accidental tapping

reewinder
12-18-14, 04:45 AM
I want to see a butcher shop. What farm doesn't have a slaughterhouse? I mean we already collect bacon from the pigs. Lets get some cattle so we can make different cuts of beef or lamb or chicken. Endless possibilities. There's so many different cuts of steak...could even brank out and have a BBQ joint on the farm next to the caf? and ice creamery.

PookieBear50
12-28-14, 07:59 PM
This just occurred to me, since I had to discard a plane order because I don't have the building needed yet.

Since the "skylight" on the Order Warehouse lights up when an order is ready to be sent out, perhaps it could be "darkened" to black while we are waiting for a new order to come in? That way, instead of checking to see if the new order has arrived, we can just look at the warehouse and see.

PookieBear50
12-28-14, 11:42 PM
Another thought, since players are getting inundated with partridges. Perhaps after the event, the drop rate could be adjusted and they could be collected randomly by harvesting crops, and sold as part of orders, like the Bass are. Or, since the partridge is part of the pheasant family, perhaps a product of some sort might be made, like "pheasant under glass", using partridge and (I suppose) spinach and herbs.

locomputers
12-30-14, 10:57 PM
Sorry the polls have gotten behind!

What items would you like to see? You can vote for as many items as you would like, but you can only vote once.

Please post suggestions for any new items you would like added. Decorations, recipes, crops, etc.

Thanks!

> Skins for buildings (Hippie Flowers, Hippie Psychedelic, Paisley, Wood, Modern, Traditional....etc. )
> Spa Building or Nordic Hot Springs Retreat

PookieBear50
01-03-15, 06:53 PM
I missed the Prussian Blue Cat, but I hope that a rabbit and a chinchilla will soon become available for coins, rather than gems.

For the Train, although we might still need to wait 12 hours (?) for it to return, perhaps we can be given the option to send it out partially filled if we believe we will be unable to complete the entire order?

Can the Mine be redone to resemble the Truffle Hunt? Instead of adding a new item randomly once the first is found, have them all placed at the very beginning. Set a limit, if necessary, on how many items can be found with one tool (assuming they are found at all).

How about Soy as a new crop? Besides being sold as is, it could be "processed" somehow--maybe in the Windmill--and made into hay, or in the kitchen and made into soy sauce, soy milk, or tofu. The hay could then be combined with animal feed (not sure which building; might need a new one, perhaps) to produce higher quality feed that cuts in half the time it takes for an animal to be ready for "harvesting"...this might be helpful with the sheep and alpaca, and possibly the pigs; the cows and chickens produce much more quickly, so it wouldn't be possible to "improve" their feed.

Laytonsville20882
01-06-15, 10:13 PM

A HUGE YES AS THE SCREEN CHANGES AS YOUR FINGER APPROACHES THE SCREEN, HENCE THE ERROR! Oh and TL is helpful and correctly pointed out I used gems to buy milk! Really!!! Who in their right mind would really do that?

Laytonsville20882
01-06-15, 10:23 PM
I would like to see new manufacturing options......like cotton used in candle making instead of wool. The candle industry would go broke if it used wool for the wick! And the times to produce a product should be more realistic and not just a hurtle created by TL. A fried egg takes minutes..... Throw in a few truffles, which take enough to supply ones self with and it becomes hours...who could really eat those eggs being fried for so long? This problem is everywhere in the game, new items must appear with production times to keep our farms making items which technically should be rotten upon completion!

Rynetory2
01-23-15, 09:14 AM
It's been a long time since we have a new farm animal, since alpaca. There had been new crops, trees, pets and decorations. Can we have new farm animal? What about ducks or geese? :)

yppahc
01-25-15, 03:09 AM
Are we ever going to get a third windmill?

ErnieKatz
01-25-15, 02:53 PM
I so agree with you!!! I'm making BLT's for the train. I've been waiting for two days to get them finished. I finally looked at the time it takes to make, and it says FOUR hours!! That's crazy. I got my silver from the mine faster than that!!!

ErnieKatz
01-25-15, 03:13 PM
I would Love to see PEOPLE on the farm. Walking, sitting, doing chores. Reason, I have arranged my farm IMHO in a very realistic fashion. All the farm animals are together on one side of the river, with the smelly animals next to each other, and the cleaner animals by my brick walkway. I've made everything nice and comfy by Grandpa's fishing pond, and would love to see people sitting in the covered swing. I even put the insect replers between the animal stalls so they would be more comfy with less flies around. Across the river, I have the "Homestead" with a nice backyard and all the comforts. My pets live on the front lawn, and all my crops are further down the field. I would just love to see people enjoying it.
A pet peeve of mine is when I visit other farms and see things placed haphazardly. It just show me an "I don't care" attitude.

agnes__
01-25-15, 07:02 PM
I so agree with you!!! I'm making BLT's for the train. I've been waiting for two days to get them finished. I finally looked at the time it takes to make, and it says FOUR hours!! That's crazy. I got my silver from the mine faster than that!!!

Huh when you finish train orders, you don't get silvers, you get gems. Am I missing something?

PookieBear50
01-26-15, 12:11 PM
Huh when you finish train orders, you don't get silvers, you get gems. Am I missing something?

I think ErnieKatz means that it was faster to mine and acquire any silver needed than it is to wait for the BLTs to be made in the Deli.

agnes__
01-26-15, 06:31 PM
Well yes it is, but that's such a random comparison. It's not like you get silvers when you trade in BLTs.

cugie
01-28-15, 10:34 AM
I would like another windmill and chocolate maker. It was tuff to fill my train order yesterday. I to make 9 (I think it was) orange chocolates and 9 puddings. The orange chocolates take 2 hours, and the puddings take 2 hours to make, and the puddings needed 2 dark chocolates, which took an hour ALL in the chocolate machine. Also the puddings needs from the windmill: cornstarch, 2 which takes 3 hours for both, sugar 1 which takes 20 minutes. I would like the option to purchase another chocolate machine and windmill! Thanks

zen2071
01-28-15, 06:50 PM
For now, I'm hoping to see bigger butterflies without the need to zoom in.

bexiboo2
02-08-15, 07:46 AM
I would like an additional herb garden, or to be able to upgrade the one I have like with the beehive.

SunnyDaysFarm2014
02-25-15, 05:09 PM
STORAGE SPACE FOR ALL ITEMS

What I really, really, really would like, and I am quite sure that everyone would agree, was the ability to store ALL my items on the farm. Castle story and other games have this feature, and so should we. We have a lot of decorations in storage, and a lot of them are themed. It would be nice to have space for them on the farm, and more freedom to decorate. There is limited space even if I'm fully expanded. I like the bushes and trees we've gotten from events, but would like to store them not sell them. It looks stupid with snow covered trees and palm trees side by side. Also I would like to store buildings that are not in use like the forge. Also farm animals should be storable, so we get variation.

A lot of farms are crowded, and we OCD press buttons all day long. Even with the events, our farms look very similar. The farm experience would be heightened by being able to choose what to store and what to display. It would be more fun to see what people did to their farms, and I'm sure the game popularity would grow just by this simple feature.

Another thing that is missing is more varied paths and plants, tables, chairs, benches, etc. to be bought in shop. There rarely is anything new there, and should be updated. Was hoping for the return of tables and chairs from last Valentine, because I'm missing stuff to make the garden of all houses look good.

Since we have such limited space the pet housing should be max 2x2, and the flowery stuff around should be omitted. It is a bad design and looks dumb. Just my two cents. But top of the list.......let us be able to store all the stuff....please ������

PookieBear50
02-28-15, 12:26 AM
Rather than us buying a new building just for an event and then making it nothing more than a decoration, perhaps the Lunar Workshop could be kept in service? And (maybe) keep the Lucky Bait and the Lucky Fish so dumplings can still be made...or maybe finally get a use for the Bass in place of the Lucky Fish? Just as we have the Sushi Shop making Sushi, Steamed Rice, and Ground Wasabi, perhaps the Lunar Workshop can continue making Fish Dumplings, Fortune Cookies, and add noodles or something else appropriate there. If the fact that it cost less than other buildings (and took less time to construct) is an issue, then perhaps it could require an upgrade to make it usable beyond the current event.

kruimeltje1979
03-01-15, 06:24 AM
a more user friendly way of storing, placing and moving items. Having to go back to the storage and swipe every path is not only tedious, glitchy, and time consuming, for people with different types of handicaps it's virtually impossible. Also the ability to store everything including crafting buildings so it's easier to redecorate and remodel the farm would be great.

PookieBear50
03-02-15, 01:06 AM
a more user friendly way of storing, placing and moving items. Having to go back to the storage and swipe every path is not only tedious, glitchy, and time consuming, for people with different types of handicaps it's virtually impossible. Also the ability to store everything including crafting buildings so it's easier to redecorate and remodel the farm would be great.

Perhaps, then, being able to temporarily store crafting buildings ONLY while in editing mode? And not being able to resume play until all the crafting buildings are placed somewhere on the farm again?

reewinder
03-03-15, 06:53 AM
I like PookieBear50's suggestion. I have been wanting to do a complete overhaul/makeover on my farm but am NOT looking forward to attempting to do so. It's so hard to move everything around and with all the little items and decorations it's even harder.....especially with all the different trees and shrubs/plants that I've kept from each event that can't go into storage even temporarily so I can have room to rearrange everything around.
If this were playable on a computer it would be so much easier to use a mouse and point and click....but then more than likely no one would ever fall for the gem traps anymore.....so not likely to ever happen.
YES....an edit mode would be so very helpful.

LuvsHorror
03-03-15, 01:12 PM
Crop diseases.

PookieBear50
03-04-15, 09:05 PM
I know the Lunar Workshop has already been relegated to a mere decoration, but I hope that TL will reconsider at restore it to an active crafting station, if only to get those fish flying again. While making Dragons and New Year's Flowers might not be appropriate, the Fish Dumplings could still be made, as well as the Fortune Cookies. It also might be a good way to introduce Chinese-style noodles, and an appropriate building to do it with.

The Sheep Plushie could also be produced again, maybe over at the Studio--an alternative to the Alpaca plushie. Of course, we might need Mums again, and the Flower clippers to complete them. In that case, if another reason is needed to bring back the Mums, how about giving us a Flower Stand? We could make flower bouquets and other arrangements and sell those. Other flowers and flower bushes could then be introduced--or maybe reintroduced, like the Plumeria--to make those arrangements: Roses, Daisies, etc. Some of the flowers could even be used in other recipes for other buildings: for example, roses could also be used to make Rose-Hip Tea in the Cafe, or Daisies used to make Daisy Chains which could then be sold as-is, or crafted to encircle a hat (maybe made with Flax or a new crop that produces Straw).

Elisha63
03-07-15, 02:59 AM

Fantastic idea, it is so frustrating when you accidentally speed something up. Also a notification when some one has posted on your wall like the farm visits would be really useful. Also how about a sawmill to make wooden planks, etc

bakeryontheside2
03-07-15, 04:00 AM

Ha ha, was just thinking this a few days ago. I looked at my few newly acquired gems and just knew something stupid would take some of them away from me and thought that very same thought. Went on to think it could be something like a bank that accrues profit when you deposit your lumpsum of gems. Just getting them off the main screen to safety is what is needed most.

Mitzi111
03-08-15, 09:07 AM
YES! a safe for the gems. Or at least a safeguard question such as 'are you sure you want to spend these gems?". I have lost soooo many by accident because I use an ipad and tap around the screen.

LuvsHorror
03-08-15, 04:08 PM
Skeleton horse. Some gothic stuff. Does well in other games. Big pet spider.

kooky panda
03-23-15, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the votes! Results have been submitted!