PDA

View Full Version : Two questions Level 40?? And what is neighbour etiquette ?

shelbyforest
12-11-14, 10:34 AM
I have recently reached the magic level of 40, as have over three quarters of my " neighbours" . Does anyone know if this is likely to increase, or is that it? Are Levels really meaningless at the end of the day?

Second query, neighbours? How often should you, or do you visit your neighbours? How many do you have? Is there a limit? Just musing on other aspects of the game apart from the obvious breeding aspect...

readysetgo888
12-11-14, 10:41 AM
I have recently reached the magic level of 40, as have over three quarters of my " neighbours" . Does anyone know if this is likely to increase, or is that it? Are Levels really meaningless at the end of the day?

Second query, neighbours? How often should you, or do you visit your neighbours? How many do you have? Is there a limit? Just musing on other aspects of the game apart from the obvious breeding aspect...

My two cents...

1) Levels only matter as long as there is something to unlock at a higher level. Currently 40 is the max, so right now, collecting stars for level points is totally useless. They most likely will add levels at some point, but tough to say if they will add anything that can be unlocked at a higher level. I think most TL games usually go up to level 99 but the "usefulness" of getting to most of those higher levels is zero.

2) I don't really visit my neighbors. For me, the only point is to trade gems, and since we are only allowed to send 3 gems per day, I really just need 3 neighbors that gift me daily, plus maybe a couple "once in a while" gifters for if one of my main ones forgets or quits playing. Visiting neighbors is helpful in the beginning of the game because return visits give you coins and stars, so it's a decent way to earn those things if you need them. I'm at level 40 and I have about 25mil in coins that there is nothing to do with, so neither thing is important to me at the moment... so no visits for me except when I'm randomly curious to see what someone else's forest looks like.

SANDSCApe
12-12-14, 12:22 PM

What mostly unlocks at the uppermost levels are more land and habitats. I've only seen the level cap raised once (from 30 to 40) with a corresponding rise in the habitat limit. A recent update gave L40 forests and additional increase in habitat limit but no change in the level cap.

The inter-forest visits and bonuses are crucial when we are trying to raise coins, but matters less when we get richer. Eventually (as is the case with Satyr Sanctuary), it doesn't matter at all whether people leave bonuses. I try to return play to everyone who shows up on my newsfeed, with highest priority to my gem donors and other visitors whose forests I know -- my faves. But there are days when I can't even manage that, especially since I'm playing three different forests. My L40 forest has nearly 1000 neighbors (which I think is the limit), but I'm not likely to see more than 50 of them on any given day. I also make an attempt to visit lower levels because I know they really need the visitor bonuses. For my own part, I no longer need those coins on Satyr Sanctuary, but the two younger forests still do. Of course, we all want free gems, and people generally give more willingly to those who bestow 6 bonuses almost every day.

The younger forests visit more heavily to keep up social ratings and generate return traffic. The eldest forest visits to admire other people's breeding success and decorative accomplishments. The L40 forest also plays less frequently than the younger ones and therefore visits less than they do. While there are players who delete inactive or barely-visiting neighbors, I don't follow that practice and am not likely to mind or even notice if a few neighbors drop me.

It's reasonable to expect that TeamLava may raise the level ceiling again from time to time, but so far they have not introduced any features that are unlocked by these upper levels, so again, it boils down to how many animals and big/grand buildings you can pack into your forest. The bigger the habitats and farms, the higher the capacity, and the less often you need to empty them. Twice a day is a nice lazy pace; sometimes I only do once a day, like this week where the only urgent thing is Pumpkin Panda's retirement.