PDA

View Full Version : New Event - Holiday Celebration(IOS ONLY) - December 12, 2014

Pages : 1 [2]

ghjvcucjb
12-22-14, 12:03 PM
I've made it to level 10 in two days in Wonderland yet my tree is still stuck at level 6!!
I am just collecting presents to boost the community prizes now. Once this event is over I will delete this game again and replace it with Wonderland. Farm story 2 is too much effort for much to little reward.

I hear you mymummy789! There's no way for me to get the reindeer. I don't care about any of the other prizes. But I keep collecting for the community. At this point FS2 is just a habit for me. If wonderland starts picking up in speed, I'll probably do the same as you and delete this one. But not sure yet. Will have to wait and see about wonderland.

cugie
12-22-14, 04:12 PM
I can't seem to get ornaments either. I am not enjoying this one.

I am Having a tough time with ornaments. Can't get any and every now and then I find 1. This is my first time Doingone of these and sadly probably the last. How do you tell what level the tree is on?

cugie
12-22-14, 04:18 PM
I am getting annoyed visiting neighbors. I love to visit them, but I keep getting the pop up to install a different game. I understand they promote their other games, but I get the pop up about every third neighbor...anyone else getting them?

amyangel96
12-22-14, 07:38 PM
I am Having a tough time with ornaments. Can't get any and every now and then I find 1. This is my first time Doingone of these and sadly probably the last. How do you tell what level the tree is on?

Just touch the tree, and it will say off to the right in small letters what level it is.

I am getting annoyed visiting neighbors. I love to visit them, but I keep getting the pop up to install a different game. I understand they promote their other games, but I get the pop up about every third neighbor...anyone else getting them?

I'm getting the pop-ups for the bingo game constantly when visiting other farms through the newspaper. Normally I'd just install it and play a bit - all the gems I've spent on upgrading the tree (and the loads I just spent getting last year's tree through the treehouse game) came from playing recent new games. HOWEVER - the bingo game is iPad only, and I'm on an iPhone. So I'm getting annoying pop-up ads with no way to stop them.

My tree is still level 10 - I only need ornaments, at this point. I have 1891 presents, however, so I think I'm on track so far!

ETA: And now it let me install the bingo game, LOL! More gems!

anidayle
12-22-14, 09:24 PM
I have played the bingo game on my iPhone4…..

anidayle
12-22-14, 09:25 PM
See Above ------ side note : how do you delete posts on this thread? (accidental multiple posts)

Just touch the tree, and it will say off to the right in small letters what level it is.

I'm getting the pop-ups for the bingo game constantly when visiting other farms through the newspaper. Normally I'd just install it and play a bit - all the gems I've spent on upgrading the tree (and the loads I just spent getting last year's tree through the treehouse game) came from playing recent new games. HOWEVER - the bingo game is iPad only, and I'm on an iPhone. So I'm getting annoying pop-up ads with no way to stop them.

My tree is still level 10 - I only need ornaments, at this point. I have 1891 presents, however, so I think I'm on track so far!

sukyee
12-23-14, 03:31 AM
Welcome everyone to come to visit my reindeer wondering my farm, it's too lonely to stay in the reindeer post

cugie
12-23-14, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the info. My tree is at level 10. If I don't get or find any ornaments today, I am selling everything I have. I am just tired of not getting any in deliverys...

cugie
12-23-14, 11:44 AM
Welcome everyone to come to visit my reindeer wondering my farm, it's too lonely to stay in the reindeer post
Congrats!

ginrae22
12-23-14, 03:38 PM
Trying to do this crazy challenge during the Holiday season is just insane! Anyone willing to take pity on me for not having time to collect or even do much hunting for upgrade parts or hunting for items to send deliveries plleeeeeease send me a PM ! If you respond to me here I may not see it! Or add me Ginrae22 and leave a message on my farm wall!!

I need help!

ozigal
12-23-14, 04:31 PM
I am not feeling the love or Christmas cheer from TL. So close yet so far from goal. Remaining days aren't sufficient as we all have lives and *Hello* it's the busiest of time of the year. Working out the maths of days that I can play over this holiday period,doubtful I'll get to the end. The delivery drops are pathetic haven't seen an ornament for so long,makes one wonder if one wants to support the business next year. I may not be the biggest spender but am sure that every bit helps to make TL richer. Love the game and has given me a lot of pleasure over the year. Please cut some slack here TL raise the drop rate.�� Merry Christmas to all and I hope Santa is good to you and Yours ��

PookieBear50
12-23-14, 06:35 PM
Just wondering...anyone have any ornaments they no longer need? You know, those big red balls for the current event? At the very least, I would like to finish Morgan's current quest, to upgrade my tree to level 7. After that, well...I'll just have to wait and see.

I'll take any ornaments you might have, as well as tinsel and lights. But especially ornaments.

agnes__
12-23-14, 08:20 PM
I'm looking for lights, if anyone has some spares let me know on my wall :)

amyangel96
12-23-14, 08:43 PM
I'm up to level 11, got Santa's workshop, and am pretty excited to see the next community prize - it reminds me of the animated rabbit things I've seen on other people's farms, so I'm hoping that elf poking his head out is animated. I really like animated decorations! If I keep up with the present collecting I think I will get the reindeer by the end of the event, but definitely not by Christmas.

I was excited when I got a notification about holiday sales going on, hoping it was a good deal on upgrade parts and maybe I could get the tree up another level to give me some more leeway when going for the reindeer... but then it was just show ponies on sale. Very funny, TL!

mspate
12-23-14, 09:53 PM
You're right may angel it is very disheartening. I'm at stage five and without coins or gems I'm stuck. This should have been a fun thing but for me is so not fun to do for the Holidays and for me it is upsetting. I can't send the train out... And can't do the plane unless I bought the items and don't have coin for that. Just a not a good thing. I wonder about the ones who have finished and claim they didn't use gems... Hmm.. Well good luck all. Merry Christmas!

mspate
12-23-14, 09:54 PM
My ID is Mspate if anyone has tinsel for trade, please let me know?

orleansparish
12-24-14, 01:18 AM
Of all days to put the snow pony up for sale! Not spending money right now. I'm up to 55,000 coins and haven't bought a tree yet. Because I don't know if it's worth the time or effort anymore.

minidemon88
12-24-14, 04:03 AM
I was kinda excited when I received the notification about the huge sales. Thinking maybe we will get another 30% off gem sales or 25% off pets/decoration sales. But nada, we only got 50% off show ponies. Although I'm happy to see the show ponies is finally on sales, because I've been waiting for it since bfs. But I felt the sales is kinda let down with only one promotion. :(

Dear TL, please give us a gem sales too! Please please!

ciarjen
12-24-14, 04:48 AM
To get the reindeer players really needed to be up to around level 10 of a tree by last Friday.

Part drops in this event are much lower than any other event we have had and we can see this by looking in the newspaper; people just don't have them to sell.

The newspaper is full of axes which no one wants or needs.

Buying trees and using axes is just not a viable option to upgrade the tree and collect enough presents for the reindeer and the deliveries themselves cost enough in coins so that people don't have any to spare on trees.

I spend 50,000 coins the other day just to get 1 tinsel. They also gave me 73 presents. It was not worth it nor was the other 50,000 I had spent on trees which gave a similar yield.

I've visited a lot of high level, levels 50 to 60 neighbours and see many of them with trees around levels 6,7 and 8. There is no way they will be able to get the reindeer now even if they could level up a bit. There just are not enough collections left in the event.

I've been selling for the last few days but even sales in my shop are very slow. This is not normal for a delivery based event but I am not surprised that people are just not not buying for delivieres like they should.

I was able to upgrade my tree to a level 11. I spent days making deliveries while in bed recovering from surgery. It certainly wasn't normal gameplay and it is not something I would ever want to repeat. If I can collect 5 times a day, I will get the reindeer in 10 days time. Much too late for Santa though :(

Even if they increased the drop rates on deliveries now I think it would be too late to help many to get the prize. As prizes go, this is the best there has been in this game. Unfortunately the whole event has been a depressing affair. If high level active players can't get the prize and the only fruits of their labour are hundreds of axes they can't use, then there is something wrong.

minidemon88
12-24-14, 11:01 AM
I'm only at stage 9 and looking at the low drop rates. I'm wondering if I can even get to the reindeer. The community prize is moving very very slow too.

orleansparish
12-24-14, 11:31 AM
To get the reindeer players really needed to be up to around level 10 of a tree by last Friday.

Part drops in this event are much lower than any other event we have had and we can see this by looking in the newspaper; people just don't have them to sell.

Buying trees and using axes is just not a viable option to upgrade the tree and collect enough presents for the reindeer and the deliveries themselves cost enough in coins so that people don't have any to spare on trees.

I spend 50,000 coins the other day just to get 1 tinsel. They also gave me 73 presents. It was not worth it nor was the other 50,000 I had spent on trees which gave a similar yield.

I've visited a lot of high level, levels 50 to 60 neighbours and see many of them with trees around levels 6,7 and 8. There is no way they will be able to get the reindeer now even if they could level up a bit. There just are not enough collections left in the event.

I've been selling for the last few days but even sales in my shop are very slow. This is not normal for a delivery based event but I am not surprised that people are just not not buying for delivieres like they should.

I was able to upgrade my tree to a level 11. I spent days making deliveries while in bed recovering from surgery. It certainly wasn't normal gameplay and it is not something I would ever want to repeat. If I can collect 5 times a day, I will get the reindeer in 10 days time. Much too late for Santa though :(

Even if they increased the drop rates on deliveries now I think it would be too late to help many to get the prize. As prizes go, this is the best there has been in this game. Unfortunately the whole event has been a depressing affair. If high level active players can't get the prize and the only fruits of their labour are hundreds of axes they can't use, then there is something wrong.

I do pretty well with the trees. Just chopped 12 of them and got five ball and three tinsel. I used the free gems I collected to get my tree to level 9. I also do decent with presents when chopping. Problem is this is my first time buying trees in four days. I dont have enough stupid money! Youd think they would give us a half of trees sale. Or a double parts weekend. But noooo, thats too good a thing.

ghjvcucjb
12-24-14, 10:33 PM
to get the reindeer players really needed to be up to around level 10 of a tree by last friday.

I spend 50,000 coins the other day just to get 1 tinsel. They also gave me 73 presents. It was not worth it nor was the other 50,000 i had spent on trees which gave a similar yield.

I've been selling for the last few days but even sales in my shop are very slow. This is not normal for a delivery based event but i am not surprised that people are just not not buying for delivieres like they should.

I was able to upgrade my tree to a level 11. I spent days making deliveries while in bed recovering from surgery. It certainly wasn't normal gameplay and it is not something i would ever want to repeat. If i can collect 5 times a day, i will get the reindeer in 10 days time. Much too late for santa though :(

even if they increased the drop rates on deliveries now i think it would be too late to help many to get the prize. As prizes go, this is the best there has been in this game. Unfortunately the whole event has been a depressing affair. If high level active players can't get the prize and the only fruits of their labour are hundreds of axes they can't use, then there is something wrong.

word!
High five
like again

PookieBear50
12-25-14, 02:12 AM
Is there any remote chance that anyone is willing to sell as many ornaments as they have? I finally managed to upgrade my tree to level 7, but now Morgan is asking me to upgrade to level 11. Help? Please?

ciarjen
12-25-14, 03:36 AM
Is there any remote chance that anyone is willing to sell as many ornaments as they have? I finally managed to upgrade my tree to level 7, but now Morgan is asking me to upgrade to level 11. Help? Please?

You only get a few presents for completing the goal of upgrading to a level 11 tree so I would not bother aiming to get there just for the goal.

If you want the reindeer, it is worth upgrading your tree but I think at this late stage it will probably be too late for you to get enough presents - 4200 - to get it. It all depends on how many you have, how many times a day you can collect and how many you get each collection.

Everyone is short on tree parts because of the low drop rate and I have not seen any in the newspaper for days.

lightson50
12-25-14, 02:17 PM
This has been the most disappointing event I have ever participated in. This event is NOT doable unless you buy buy buy gems. I have been playing consistanly since day one and I have only 1189 packages. Half of what is needed for the reindeer. If it was a little less daunting I might of purchased something to get closer to obtaining the reindeer. The decorations were extemely lame compared to the halloween event. There are many of us who absolutely love Christmas! TL you failed terribly this holiday season...Merry Christmas to all the Farms! And remember its only virtual, real Christmas is what matters most. Peace!

PookieBear50
12-25-14, 03:45 PM
New quest, per Jed: Partridges and Pear Trees

200 Partridges = 130 coins, 100 presents, and 28 stars, to be completed over the next 12 days.

Partridges can be found by harvesting crops or pear.

Edit: I should mention, partridges take up space in your barn, so plan on "giving" them to Jed every once in a while so they don't clog up your inventory.

Clark_Wayne
12-25-14, 04:05 PM
❤️

200 Partridges = 130 coins, 100 presents, and 28 stars, to be completed over the next 12 days.

Edit: I should mention, partridges take up space in your barn, so plan on "giving" them to Jed every once in a while so they don't clog up your inventory.

Thx for the info. I was wondering where i can find the partridges :D

polispol
12-25-14, 04:22 PM
This has been the most disappointing event I have ever participated in. This event is NOT doable unless you buy buy buy gems. I have been playing consistanly since day one and I have only 1189 packages. Half of what is needed for the reindeer. If it was a little less daunting I might of purchased something to get closer to obtaining the reindeer. The decorations were extemely lame compared to the halloween event. There are many of us who absolutely love Christmas! TL you failed terribly this holiday season...Merry Christmas to all the Farms! And remember its only virtual, real Christmas is what matters most. Peace!

That's not true... In other events i even used an alarm clock... I am getting about 200 presents a day and have 2400. I buy snowy trees and have spent let's say 300.000 yellow coins

lightson50
12-25-14, 04:54 PM
You have to be level 57 ...not much help or fin for us lower levels

lightson50
12-25-14, 04:57 PM
So glad you are happy with the event. And how much time do you spend ...we
got a big heap of presents and lightposts woohoo.
That's not true... In other events i even used an alarm clock... I am getting about 200 presents a day and have 2400. I buy snowy trees and have spent let's say 300.000 yellow coins

PookieBear50
12-25-14, 05:13 PM
You have to be level 57 ...not much help or fin for us lower levels

While it is true you need to be level 57 to buy pear trees, you can still get partridges from harvesting crops. If you harvest repeatedly, you may be able to collect enough partridges to get to the goal.

SummerZavara
12-25-14, 05:46 PM
While it is true you need to be level 57 to buy pear trees, you can still get partridges from harvesting crops. If you harvest repeatedly, you may be able to collect enough partridges to get to the goal.

And even so, I harvested several partridges only to have my count remain at zero. Yes, I restarted. This event has really made me less obsessed with fs2. Maybe that's a good thing.

PookieBear50
12-25-14, 05:58 PM
And even so, I harvested several partridges only to have my count remain at zero. Yes, I restarted. This event has really made me less obsessed with fs2. Maybe that's a good thing.

Um, just a question...did you try Giving the partridges to Jed? Or were you another victim of the same glitch that is making items and coins disappear every few minutes or so?

lovettera
12-25-14, 06:32 PM
So sad, but so true... I don't think we can have the reindeer easily, so we should probably give up complaining. We have to put great effort in it. Great, not many. It's a event, so you 'll sure have to spend a lot of money and devote a lot of effort. If everyone just need to collect once/ twice a day or maybe the drop rate is so high you can get 1 part from 4-6 deliveries or even 1-3, I guess we won't be motivated to keep playing on. Also, this is a pet. A seasonal pet. It is costy, so you have to work really hard for it. You cannot get it easily or not fs2 will not earn any money. Fs2 has people working in it, so I think, yeah, we should appreciate their effort.
I totally understand you guys. I have been nuts cuz of this event. I've spent most of my money I have saved for my sushi shop and alpaca in this event. However, if everyone can get the reindeer without any effort, I don't think we'll be much happy as well.
I am not upgrading my tree anymore. Have 21 ornaments and 2 lights. Please go to my wall if you need them.
Good luck and have a merry Christmas

SummerZavara
12-25-14, 06:41 PM
Um, just a question...did you try Giving the partridges to Jed? Or were you another victim of the same glitch that is making items and coins disappear every few minutes or so?

I think my items and coins are ok. Now it will give birds to him but when I return to Jed's count its zero again. Doesn't anyone test this stuff first? ARRRRGH! I'm sorry now that I ever spent money on gems.

SummerZavara
12-25-14, 06:59 PM

Unfortunately, he doesn't take them. I just realized I will have to store 200 darned partridges in my barn! Good grief....

bss18974
12-25-14, 07:58 PM
I did this and gave 5 to 20 at a time. After the first 5 the counter on the goal changed to a percent display. I had no problem giving 10 to 20 at a time and it counting.

Is ther another goal tomorrow like this one ... 2 whatever birds and a partridge in a pear tree... Hopefully not another 200 tomorrow...

SummerZavara
12-25-14, 08:04 PM
I did this and gave 5 to 20 at a time. After the first 5 the counter on the goal changed to a percent display. I had no problem giving 10 to 20 at a time and it counting.

Is ther another goal tomorrow like this one ... 2 whatever birds and a partridge in a pear tree... Hopefully not another 200 tomorrow...

Ok, mine is now giving me percents but I had to save up quite a few.

I really hope we don't have to do 200 of these silly things in 24 hours and something new tomorrow. That would be completely ridiculous.

stlgreg11
12-25-14, 09:41 PM
I am up to 13%.

I have found a few in the newspaper but they are kinda expensive so i stopped buying them.

I have not used any gems on getting parts and i am on target to get the reindeer two days early.
Currently 2578 presents.

orleansparish
12-25-14, 10:11 PM
Easy peasy. Just collect the birds and then give them to Jed. Won't take up space. No complaints to give. I'm at 1900 presents now. Still no money to buy any darn trees. And have all of one set of lights. Just peachy! I appreciate....kinda...they're offering us 100 presents but they sure won't make it easy. How about, make a french fry and get 100 presents? Give us something free, then make us work hard again.

Rynetory2
12-25-14, 11:13 PM
Good job Team Lava for giving us an attainable goal of the partridges, very much appreciated. :) instead of offering a sale of presents package, you gave us this goal to help us with our presents collections. For this, you have shown us you are not just about business and making money but also making the game more fun. I think you guys deserve a Thank You after the tons of complaints here.

Merry Christmas TL and fellow farmers :) happy farming.

A2TUDE
12-25-14, 11:27 PM
You have to be level 57 ...not much help or fin for us lower levelsdid I read right?cuz I'm not at level 57 n I got this goal my ID is a2tude I know says crops but what type or is it all crops???

PookieBear50
12-26-14, 01:19 AM
did I read right?cuz I'm not at level 57 n I got this goal my ID is a2tude I know says crops but what type or is it all crops???

As nearly as I can tell, it is only for the standard plot crops, none of the trees or the water crops.

orleansparish
12-26-14, 05:12 AM
I wouldn't worry about having the pear tree. I just collected from my Five and didn't get any birds. So just keep collecting from your normal crops. I get more birds from longer times ones. Not many from wheat and corn. I'm at 11 percent now.

And if you're on android or have a device with android, there is a new winter castle story.

OliveK8
12-26-14, 11:34 AM
Is stage 11 the final level for the Christmas Tree - am at stage 10? Lots of hard work, but think I should be able to make the reindeer if I keep going. This event has almost wiped me out on coins tho'.

ciarjen
12-26-14, 11:38 AM
Is stage 11 the final level for the Christmas Tree - am at stage 10? Lots of hard work, but think I should be able to make the reindeer if I keep going. This event has almost wiped me out on coins tho'.

No there is more after level 11. I think it is either a level 14 or 15 with 48 parts of each to do the final upgrade.

OliveK8
12-26-14, 11:39 AM
Also, I seem to have stopped receiving partridges?

OliveK8
12-26-14, 11:40 AM
Thanks ciajen - silly me !!!!

ozigal
12-26-14, 05:00 PM
Thank you TL for making the Partridges an attainable goal. Great reward 100 presents. Sure helps after a few days of frustrations with the glitches. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now...hoping it's not a train lol..have a great day

stlgreg11
12-26-14, 05:59 PM
I am looking at getting the reindeer with 5 days left in the event so I am pretty happy.
I am trying to finish my tree, that would make it complete for me.

kisten
12-26-14, 07:48 PM

Level 15 is the final level.

stlgreg11
12-26-14, 08:27 PM
i have seen someone with a yellow star on their tree. i am guessing thats a level 15 tree.
I think i have a level 13 tree now. Closing in on 14. I need 40 of each part.

KadeeDid
12-26-14, 09:08 PM
did I read right?cuz I'm not at level 57 n I got this goal my ID is a2tude I know says crops but what type or is it all crops???

I am not Level 57 and got the goal. You need Level 57 for the pear tree.no idea what crops but I have 6 partridges. No idea how I got them.

orleansparish
12-26-14, 10:46 PM
Ha! I knew we would get a lame'on sale on tree parts. I was generous by suggesting more than what we are offered. I'm at 2100 presents now and am finding many people selling birds. But only one part here and there.

ciarjen
12-27-14, 03:59 AM
Ha! I knew we would get a lame'on sale on tree parts. I was generous by suggesting more than what we are offered. I'm at 2100 presents now and am finding many people selling birds. But only one part here and there.

Of course :p

And why sell parts now because if people have not leveled up their tree they most likely will not have enough collections to get the reindeer anyway if they upgrade now.
I have got 46 lights, why would I spend real money getting more when all I need is the tinsel and balls. I am surprised if anyone actually buys these packs......but I suppose they must that's why TL do them ;)

I am getting most of my partridges in the newspaper too :)

orleansparish
12-27-14, 10:49 PM
Of course :p

And why sell parts now because if people have not leveled up their tree they most likely will not have enough collections to get the reindeer anyway if they upgrade now.
I have got 46 lights, why would I spend real money getting more when all I need is the tinsel and balls. I am surprised if anyone actually buys these packs......but I suppose they must that's why TL do them ;)

I am getting most of my partridges in the newspaper too :)

I'm at 59% with the birds, with the majority coming from the stand too. I'm been planing nonstop but nothing is coming. I see the gem tree has had its price slashed but it could have been nice to have the normal one sliced too.

solinari86
12-28-14, 12:58 AM
Looking to trade lights for the red streamers, I need 8, thx!

ciarjen
12-28-14, 03:49 AM
I'm at 59% with the birds, with the majority coming from the stand too. I'm been planing nonstop but nothing is coming. I see the gem tree has had its price slashed but it could have been nice to have the normal one sliced too.

I've done the partridge goal. There are no other goals after it so I am selling all the birds in my shop now. I am guessing the newspaper will be full of them in the next few days.

The drop rate on crops is low but the goal is achievable in the time allowed......but for those who are short of presents because they have not been able to upgrade their tree, 100 extra presents will probably not be enough to get them to the goal.

sugarbear1956
12-28-14, 06:51 AM
I'm a little confused about cutting the trees and the rate of presents received. I'm at stage 12 on the tree. I'm only getting 1 point for every chop done with the axes. Shouldn't I be getting 44 points for each present?

stlgreg11
12-28-14, 07:54 AM
I'm a little confused about cutting the trees and the rate of presents received. I'm at stage 12 on the tree. I'm only getting 1 point for every chop done with the axes. Shouldn't I be getting 44 points for each present?

The trees you cut are seperate from the xmas tree itself
the tree you cut you get random number of presents or parts

sugarbear1956
12-28-14, 09:18 AM
The trees you cut are seperate from the xmas tree itself
the tree you cut you get random number of presents or parts

Thanks for the fast reply. One more question, can someone explain the numbers in the upgrade box that includes the time needed before another gifts can be claimed? Thanks!

SummerZavara
12-28-14, 09:27 AM
Got partridge goal and will be selling them as I get them. iD SummerZavara

ciarjen
12-28-14, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. One more question, can someone explain the numbers in the upgrade box that includes the time needed before another gifts can be claimed? Thanks!

The time doesn't change when you upgrade the tree. It is always a 3 hour collection. The numbers refer to what you are currently getting per collection and what you will get if you upgrade. You use the numbers to determine if you are on target to reach the goal of 4200 for the reindeer before the event ends.

WindermereBakery
12-28-14, 11:37 AM
Could we maybe get another goal that uses partridges? They are everywhere! Half the newspaper is filled with them (and christmas axes) and I'm afraid to collect crops now because my barn is getting full of birds! :)

amyangel96
12-28-14, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know what level your tree has to get to before it gets the star on the top? My tree is at 11, I have 3547 presents (so the reindeer is just a matter of time), but I think I may be able to level it up to 12 by the end of the event. I think it looks unfinished without the star on top, but there's no way to get it up to level 15 without buying more parts, and I'm not spending cash just to get a star on top of the tree. I spent enough on after-Christmas sales shopping yesterday!

krisscritters
12-28-14, 03:16 PM
Hello All!! I have been making as many delivers as possible and found the drop rate on the upgrade parts to be incredibly low. I have been receiving help from my daughter as she is not participating, she sells me all the upgrade parts she collects or buys from the paper. Even with all the help I still will not be getting the final prize. So sad.

I also found a new cookie is being asked for in one of my orders. It is made in the windmill but I do not have it as an option. Do you have to have the gingerbread skin for the cookie to show?

driver1711
12-28-14, 03:29 PM
Hello All!! I have been making as many delivers as possible and found the drop rate on the upgrade parts to be incredibly low. I have been receiving help from my daughter as she is not participating, she sells me all the upgrade parts she collects or buys from the paper. Even with all the help I still will not be getting the final prize. So sad.

I also found a new cookie is being asked for in one of my orders. It is made in the windmill but I do not have it as an option. Do you have to have the gingerbread skin for the cookie to show?Sounds like Truffle Shavings made with 2 black and 2 brown truffles, so you need to be expanded to the truffle forest to collect those.

otgland
12-28-14, 03:42 PM
Looking to trade lights for the red streamers, I need 8, thx!

I have two. I also have 6 ornaments & 3 Lights

driver1711
12-28-14, 08:04 PM
Could we maybe get another goal that uses partridges? They are everywhere! Half the newspaper is filled with them (and christmas axes) and I'm afraid to collect crops now because my barn is getting full of birds! :) Check your TO-DO-LIST and give those birds to Jeb. He will take the first 200.

orleansparish
12-28-14, 08:19 PM
I've done the partridge goal. There are no other goals after it so I am selling all the birds in my shop now. I am guessing the newspaper will be full of them in the next few days.

The drop rate on crops is low but the goal is achievable in the time allowed......but for those who are short of presents because they have not been able to upgrade their tree, 100 extra presents will probably not be enough to get them to the goal.

I finished fhs Jed part easily. Dang birds came after i bought them elsewhere. Tree is at ten now. Id love to have a complete tree but it AINT gonna happen. Im at 2800 presents now. How many do you have? I figure, if i do a mental clock and collect as often as possible ill get my number as close to 4200 as possible. And if i did a decent enough job Ill consider using gems to finish. Ive more than enough gem pets, so one more wont hurt. But i swear im ready for this to be over and better not see another event until February here.

orleansparish
12-28-14, 08:20 PM
Could we maybe get another goal that uses partridges? They are everywhere! Half the newspaper is filled with them (and christmas axes) and I'm afraid to collect crops now because my barn is getting full of birds! :)

Id sell them. If they pity us and do another goal itll probably be something different perhaps? I bought the snowy tree and got 35 presents from it. Got most of my gems back so didnt complain and it wasnt too bad a trade.

PookieBear50
12-28-14, 11:24 PM

Perhaps, if after the event they lowered the drop rate of partridges a bit more, we could still occasionally collect partridges for some other product, or just selling them as-is, like the Bass. AFTER the event, of course.

ciarjen
12-29-14, 11:48 AM

I would guess about 40% of the newspaper is axes and partridges that people don't need and sales in the shop are very slow because of it. We've got another 7 days of this.....unless TL do something to fix it.

amiableal
12-29-14, 04:05 PM
Has anyone else had newspaper display go from 4 minutes to 15 minutes? What's up?

Ravenbluffer
12-29-14, 06:20 PM
This has been a task, but unless a major calamity happens, I should reach 4200 in time... will need to collect 4 to 5 times each day for the remainder of the event. I would like to get to level 11, but am 7 garlands short. The drop number seems to have all but stopped. Not complaining as I should get the reindeer.

Didn't have to spend any real money, spent probably just over $100,000 fs2 money on the snowy pines, and about 50 gems.

ozigal
12-29-14, 07:15 PM
Just wondering...if one gets the Christmas Tree fully upgraded, does the cellar option become available? I am very doubtful I will get the star on top. Those dang Christmas balls are rarer than hen's teeth.
I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year..

kooky panda
12-30-14, 11:41 AM
Has anyone else had newspaper display go from 4 minutes to 15 minutes? What's up?
Mine is still at 4 minutes. Are you still seeing 15 minutes?

ginrae22
12-30-14, 12:06 PM
I don't even have 1000 presents yet. : ( I have had THE worst luck and now it's gone to nothing dropping but the axes and that is ALL that is ever for sale in the news to also partridges being all that is in the news. Please if anyone can help me I really need to upgrade my tree fully !

enaid03
12-30-14, 04:09 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if TL increased the drop rate of the upgrade parts for the tree to be equal to the drop rate of the axes or even the partridges????

I can't get rid of the axes or partridges fast enough, yet I'm buying 95% of the upgrade parts from the newspaper.

Some balance would be much appreciated!

WinnyWoos
12-30-14, 06:13 PM
I would guess about 40% of the newspaper is axes and partridges that people don't need and sales in the shop are very slow because of it. We've got another 7 days of this.....unless TL do something to fix it.

Sales are VERY slow. For me there's no sense in playing right now cause if you arent selling, no need to be making things. Another brilliant stunt TL...thanks. (Insert sarcasm)

DeilanNDian
12-30-14, 07:58 PM
Ok so I got a snowy pine. And it's all grown. So now how do I cut it down? The axes are filling up my barn.

driver1711
12-30-14, 08:31 PM
Ok so I got a snowy pine. And it's all grown. So now how do I cut it down? The axes are filling up my barn.Tap on the tree and your axes should show up. Then click on an axe and it should cut the tree. May get presents, upgrade items, or just cash.

nige2
12-31-14, 02:14 AM
Okay...I'm over with this Christmas event...it's just not do-able for me...selling ornaments, lights, tinsel over at my place if anyone wants any. Farm name Turri

nige2
12-31-14, 04:44 AM
Okay...I'm over with this Christmas event...it's just not do-able for me...selling ornaments, lights, tinsel over at my place if anyone wants any. Farm name Turri

Back-stock sold, thx...apart from axes & partridges...I'll place other Christmas items in my shop if/as I receive them from deliveries and harvesting. Good luck to folk still trying to achieve Christmas goals!

OliveK8
12-31-14, 12:12 PM
Hurrah - I finally have my reindeer - what a lot of hard work tho!!!! Will post my spare parts in 5 mins :) :)

orleansparish
12-31-14, 02:58 PM
Can everyone post how many presents they have? Someone has been selling their parts off but darn it, Im running out of barn space and my high prices items aren't going quickly enough. No more trains for me. I'm making toys, sushi items and whatnot to make money for trees. I did a calculation and IF I collected every four hours until the end Id have made it. Problem is I missed the next two collections right after I did the number....:rolleyes:....ha!

So I need to make up the difference from the trees. I did good with buying about 20 balls right now. And about 12 lights this morning. I just need some tinsel and I can get my free to level 11. I seriously doubt I'll make it to 12 before it's over. But darn it I'll keep trying for the reindeer. But the next event? If it isn't a turn in your collection one...Im not doing it.

frijole7
12-31-14, 06:20 PM
Hi! Quick question - I'm at level 14. When I get to 15 am I done or do I have to collect more balls, etc to finish level 15? If I'm done when I hit level 15 I can start selling spare lights. Thanks!

orleansparish
12-31-14, 06:41 PM
Hi! Quick question - I'm at level 14. When I get to 15 am I done or do I have to collect more balls, etc to finish level 15? If I'm done when I hit level 15 I can start selling spare lights. Thanks!

You're done at level 15. Congrats if you're almost there. Seeing more items for sale. Might make it to level 12. I think the packages at the bottom of the tree are cute at level 11 but darn it I want the star! Nevermind my ripping out all holiday decor in my others on December 27th.

stlgreg11
12-31-14, 06:48 PM
I am almost to level 15. after that i can start selling some pieces. I need just a few more balls.

frijole7
12-31-14, 08:01 PM
Thanks! Great news! Happy New Years all!

reewinder
01-01-15, 11:14 AM
I'm at 3918 presents so I should get the reindeer by tomorrow. My tree is at level 12. I'm hoping to finish the tree before the event is over. I never seem to be able to finish upgrading in these community events. Never did finish the cake or the fall tree. Barn space is so tight in this event. I'm sure most people won't have space to finish and it would cost a fortune in gems to do it that way. I keep finding a lot of ornaments, hardly any lights and tinsel is like trying to find paint. I need 8 more tinsel and I'll be at level 13. I already sold most of my usual items and got rid of all my axes and shovels. I'm not parting with my expansion parts just to upgrade this tree. They make it nearly impossible for anyone to finish their tree.

rosewaterlily
01-01-15, 04:49 PM
I'm working on my level 15 tree too. I'm flooded with lights and have probably sold twenty-some besides the forty-eight I keep in storage for the upgrade. Even stormie sold lights today--I bought and resold them to the market. Just waiting for the last eleven ornaments and nine tinsel. I didn't bother with the final fall tree upgrade since it wasn't that attractive, but I did finish the birthday cake with the cute animals on top. The holiday tree just looks so unfinished without the star, so hopefully I'll finish the last upgrade before time runs out.

orleansparish
01-01-15, 07:58 PM
I also need and am stalking the stand to find tinsel. The light and balls are there for me to get my tree to level twelve. A miracle is needed to get it finished. But I will Get the reindeer. I'm at 3578 presents. And have many truffle items making to sell to get more trees. I didn't finish the fall tree. Don't think I ever participated in the birthday event. I gave up. This one keep me going because unlike yet another cat or dog in costume, this is unique.

And shall play between her pony siblings when she joins my farm!

ithry18
01-01-15, 11:35 PM
quick question: am i guaranteed to get 35 presents from the deluxe pine?

orleansparish
01-01-15, 11:39 PM
quick question: am i guaranteed to get 35 presents from the deluxe pine?

I have every time I bought one.

ithry18
01-01-15, 11:45 PM
Thank you!

princessskykennedy
01-01-15, 11:50 PM
Every time I go to the newstand, I feel like I have entered the horror movie THE BIRDS. Ugh here come the nightmares.

rosewaterlily
01-02-15, 12:13 AM
Level 15 tree finished, no gems! Got the reindeer two days ago. I'm free of newspaper staring until the next similar event, hurrah. Spent about 150 K in coins for the pines the first couple of days since the first few level ups are important to get as early as possible but none in the last week or so. My guess is 90% of my tree parts came from studying the newspaper. Can finally work on my trains again since I ignore them during the delivery based events.

tia_ynwa
01-02-15, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, anybody selling red balls?
I'm desperate... Any help will be greatly appreciated ;)

PookieBear50
01-02-15, 12:59 AM
I managed to get 2000+ presents and thus get Santa's Workshop. I'll keep trying to get to level 11 (Morgan's quest) but I doubt I'll make it. I've also more-or-less given up hope on getting the reindeer. It would have been nice, though...

Of course, if anyone has any ornaments, tinsel, or lights, I'm willing to buy them from you.

iLLUMI2012
01-02-15, 06:29 AM
I need xmas lights and lots of them. I started way way late. :(
Why are there so many axes and partridges in the Newspaper but no xmas tree parts. Aaargh!
Only seem to be getting axes from deliveries but no parts. :(

Why couldn't parts come from crops instead of those annyoing partridges that I have to keep selling off because they serve no purpose except to fill up my barn.

orleansparish
01-02-15, 08:22 AM
Every time I go to the newstand, I feel like I have entered the horror movie THE BIRDS. Ugh here come the nightmares.

Hahaha! I'm tired of seeing them too. I used all gems from my animals to speed up the stand in hopes of seeing some parts. But all Im getting are those dumb birds and axes. It's a nightmare for sure. About to get 30 more gems from farm 2 winter and will use those not for upgrades but to speed the stand and buy some gem trees. I'm at 3800 presents now. I want all the help I can get.

ciarjen
01-02-15, 09:35 AM
I've got tinsel and lights for sale. I'll be putting them up in 10 minutes time.

Batty's Farm

alissaali
01-02-15, 11:48 AM
What's the maximum levels of the holiday tree?

orleansparish
01-02-15, 01:03 PM
What's the maximum levels of the holiday tree?

15. How close are You? Did you get the reindeer or close to? Inquiring minds want to Know!

rosewaterlily
01-02-15, 02:04 PM
Think I'm going to switch to android for harvesting crops to avoid anymore birds popping up until the event ends. They seem to occupy eighty percent of the newspaper!

mamareader02
01-02-15, 02:33 PM
This event,for the first time,has me regretting buying gems for it on Black Friday,upgrading the tree without having to constantly send out deliveries,and used a huge amount of coins for empty deliveries,had me barely opening the game over holidays.yes,I got the reindeer,still collecting from the tree to help community,but disappointed my tree will prob not get a star,and I'm level 60-I had millions of coins to buy stuff for deliveries,but after I lost over 600,000 of coins for trees and trying to get deliveries out,this game needs something quick to draw me back in

tia_ynwa
01-02-15, 04:32 PM
Guys, I am really desperate.....
Anybody willing to sell me some ornament balls in exchange for lights?
Pleaseeeeeee

irishmeagan
01-02-15, 07:00 PM
Anyone have tree decorations to sell? I just want to upgrade my tree to full glory. I would appreciate it!

baseball_boy
01-02-15, 08:08 PM
I have 11 tinsel and 3 lights to trade for ornament balls. Post on my wall.

orleansparish
01-02-15, 09:20 PM
200 presents away from being done. Woohoo! To heck with the tree. Once i get the pet ill add some folks looking for parts and list them all. One by one to give you a chance to grab something. I have 42 lights, about 16 tinsel and 30 something balls. I am DONE searching for parts and looking at those stupid birds. Ill cook, save food again, try to upgrade my barn, not dream about the maps ill never get and go back to my train deliveries. Save gems in time for february.

Kicking the tree into storage with the rest of my decor. Keeping the buildings and homes out and decorate a pretty garden area. Oh and im going back to rolling my eyes at Merriweather. When i have no high priced items hes being reasonable. Soon he will go back to trying to con me out of my truffle butter and shavings.

ginrae22
01-02-15, 09:48 PM
I'm really upset. I couldn't upgrade my tree much until just a couple of days ago and I'm not anywhere near getting the reindeer. I honestly don't think I'm going to want to play after I failcand don't get it. I'tll stink too much going to other's farms and see what I couldnt get. It was the holidays ! I couldn't play around the clock !! Let's face it, the other events I was usually ONLY successful because of the goodness of my neighbors and people who wanted to help. I'm really bummed because I've liked this game since it was released. I would much rather have enjoyed making Christmas items like we did what two Christmases ago ?! And not have the crazy pressure of something like this. Majorly bummed. If you don't see my farm active soon, you'll know why. ��

ciarjen
01-03-15, 05:12 AM
It was clear early on in this event that many players would not be able to get the reindeer because of how this event had been set up with lowered drop rates from deliveries, so I have been skeptical about the community total which has been on target, for the whole event, to meet the final prize. How can that be if individual players are not collecting enough presents to meet their own goals and the goals are both relative?

So I have done some monitoring of the community numbers yesterday to see how the total has been increasing. (times are GMT)

11:12 407,882,337
11:42 408,375,077 492,740 increase in 30 minutes
12:12 408,867,818 492,741 increase in 30 minutes
12:42 409,360,558 492,740 increase in 30 minutes
13:12 409,853,299 492,741 increase in 30 minutes
13:42 410,346,040 492,741 increase in 30 minutes

Every 30 minutes the numbers increased by the same amount. I then checked later in the day when the USA had woken up as, in theory, the collection numbers should increase as more players are on the game.

20:21 416,883,064
20:51 417,375,804 492,740 increase in 30 minutes

.....But the increase in 30 minutes was exactly the same.

As of 12:00 today there are 61 hours left on the event clock with nearly 60 million prizes left to collect. Based on the figures above the total is increasing nearly 1 million every hour, so if it continues at the same rate the community will collect the last prize, just in time for the end of the event.

Rynetory2
01-03-15, 07:11 AM
Finally someone else noticed this! Lol... Do you not think TL will adjust the figures to help the community achieve the prize?

Thank you TL. :)

agnes__
01-03-15, 07:35 AM
Does anyone have any spare tinsels?

baseball_boy
01-03-15, 07:53 AM
I need 7 ornament balls. I have tinsel and lights to trade. Post on my wall

ginrae22
01-03-15, 08:00 AM
ciarjen - I completely agree with you. I realized also within the first few days that this event was vastly different than the others where you have a tree or whagever and you collect something from it to get the prizes and let's face it most of us only care about the animal prize at the very end. Nothing but those stupid axes has consistently dropped since the start! The only reason I've been able to upgrade this time is solely from scavenging the news. Usually my neighbors somehow get enough parts to eventually be able to trade and help one another as I mentioned above but this time basically gave us all no choice but to look out for ourselves which is sad.

Well ... Also half of my ranting is has been deleted. Woo! (Due to the annoying way that the online version for my phone keeps magically clicking on something down below on the page to change settings...)

Anyway my point was basically it's all about the money and I know I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of gratitude to loyal customers but it's still just disappointing. I miss how the game first was after release. I have barely over 1000 presents and I knew a few days ago that I wasn't going to make it. It's 43 gems to speed up collecting from my tree which is so ludacris! And I don't have money to burn on something that doesn't even physically exist lol... So not going to happen. So I still really am considering shutting down the farm. This makes me want to evaluate why I play so many TL games and I'm not sure I want to keep playing them all quite frankly. It's unfair and everyone knows it and nothing is ever done to correct these things. Okay done ranting... For now at least.

goblnzrreal
01-03-15, 10:14 AM
I just need lights so badly. I'm in desperate need of Christmas Lights. Does anyone who's reached the reindeer have some to spare, I'm only stage 11 on my tree and at this point I would settle with only reaching the 2000 present prize. But, at this point I don't know if I'll even meet that. ��

ciarjen
01-03-15, 10:44 AM
Finally someone else noticed this! Lol... Do you not think TL will adjust the figures to help the community achieve the prize?

Thank you TL. :)

People are paying money to increase the presents that they collect on the assumption that it affects the community totals. I wonder if they would be thanking TL.

ciarjen
01-03-15, 10:45 AM
I am selling lots of tree parts in the next 10 minutes.

Batty's farm

While I am selling I will keep my shop fully stocked so it should stay at the top of your neighbour list.

kooky panda
01-03-15, 11:35 AM
I am selling lots of tree parts in the next 10 minutes.

Batty's farm

While I am selling I will keep my shop fully stocked so it should stay at the top of your neighbour list.
Thanks! Sorry I stormed your store! LOL

Rynetory2
01-03-15, 01:30 PM
People are paying money to increase the presents that they collect on the assumption that it affects the community totals. I wonder if they would be thanking TL.

Even IF, on the assumption, people are paying money for the sake of community totals instead of their personal goal of getting the reindeer, isnt the 492,740 per 30 mins an extra bonus? We certainly need all the presents we can get to get a higher chance of reaching the goal. I would be happy with whatever bonus we get so the whole community could win. :)

anidayle
01-03-15, 02:36 PM
Putting tinsel and balls up at 4:45pm Eastern Time

infinitelove19
01-03-15, 04:58 PM
Okay, I just got the reindeer (Yay!), but I try to place it and it says I need a "reindeer post" which I cannot find anywhere. Help!

(I checked page one of this thread and the last few pages, but not going to read all 38 pages...)

stlgreg11
01-03-15, 06:17 PM
Okay, I just got the reindeer (Yay!), but I try to place it and it says I need a "reindeer post" which I cannot find anywhere. Help!

(I checked page one of this thread and the last few pages, but not going to read all 38 pages...)

It should be in your cellar. It is white with a red and white pole in the middle.

orleansparish
01-03-15, 07:28 PM
Woohoo! I finished two hours ago. Which is s fest considering all I were about 60-90 free gems from other goals. And bought 42 gems the other day to speed up the stand. I didn't get the final prizes for the summer and fall event, so this is amazing. The tree was a bonus, not the reason we all played so hard. So Im Happy.

Makes me know having no life, being an insomniac and an animal lover when it comes the farm gains rewards. Now I won't feel half bad when I see the birthday cat on so many farms.

infinitelove19
01-03-15, 07:41 PM
It should be in your cellar. It is white with a red and white pole in the middle.

Ah, thank you. I see it now and the reindeer is lovely!

On another note does the final tree upgrade make it look different?
I must be close to the last upgrade, but not sure I should bother...?

reewinder
01-03-15, 08:34 PM
Ok....so I'm about to finish upgrading my tree to level 15. All I need is 14 more tinsel. I have 14 extra ornaments and 35 extra lights to trade with. Once my tree is complete I will sell off all the extra parts I come across at random.....or I can try to save them for neighbors as long as I have barn space. I'll be playing until at least 8:00 pm pacific time tonight. Just add reewinder and post to my wall and I'll try to check it often.
***edit***
The newsstand has been good to me and I only need 6 more tinsel. So I'm probably just going to start selling off my extra parts.....if I go see a movie tonight then I'll wait to sell off the parts until after midnight.

LadyFencer
01-03-15, 08:56 PM
This is going to be the last special prize game I play. I have spent so much time making stuff and shipping deliveries and collecting from the tree. I am only on level 10 for it, and that's only because I've found a few items for sale and spent gems several times to upgrade. I have sent so many deliveries that I have made over $30,000 since the quest started. I've bought trees. Those have dropped fewer than 10 presents per tree. Total per tree. I'm not going to make the reindeer despite all the time I have put into the game. I understand that TL's highest priority is making money, but I don't have any spare real money to put into the game. I don't mind having to work to get the prize. But the drop rate for the tree decorations and the packages from the trees we buy has completely squashed my enthusiasm for the game. From now on when something special is planned, I'm going to just keep going at how I normally play the game, working to build points and expand the farm. I won't ever go after prizes again. I also will warn others who ask about the game how it works.

I don't have nearly this much trouble with Castle Story's quests.

reewinder
01-03-15, 10:08 PM
Finally finished the tree.....and got the reindeer yesterday. 41 lights and 18 ornaments left over. I'll be putting them out sometime tomorrow. This is the first event where I actually finished upgrading. I stopped trying to get parts from sending deliveries and focused on the newsstand for nearly every part I got. I can finally relax and watch some tv or movies. I'll still be collecting presents to get the last community prize of course.

ghjvcucjb
01-04-15, 12:50 AM
Hated this event. I've played obsessively every day for over a year and this event was the worst. I actually stopped playing for the first time in over a year about a week ago because this event sucked the joy out of playing. Have no idea if I'll go back once the event is over. This game has lost whatever it was I originally found fun in it due to this event.

I did however check in to collect presents only to help out the community. I have about 3300 presents that I contributed. Hope it helps everyone. Congrats to those who made it and had a fun with it.

reewinder
01-04-15, 01:23 AM
It sounds like you would have gotten all the prizes if you are at 3300 presents without really playing for the last week. This is the first time I finished upgrading in one of these community based events.
But I agree that these events are unbalanced. There's absolutely no way a person at a lower level could finish a tree....or a cake...or whatever there is to upgrade since they won't even have barn space to hold all the upgrade parts. My barn I got upgraded to hold 575 in inventory and I was barely able to keep enough space to hold all my land expansion parts and my daily supplies. The last tree upgrade required 48 of each part so that's 144 pieces you have to sit on for awhile. Anyone with less barn space than that is screwed and will HAVE to spend gems or real cash on upgrading. Everyone should have a fair chance at getting all the prizes or finish upgrading.

priscillasp
01-04-15, 06:01 AM
Can someone tell me how to tell the current level of my tree? I upgraded to level 11, but didn't get a goal to go to level 15. The tree now requires 26 of each part for the next level. Help please! I don't know if I should keep buying parts (like tinsel) or not. Thanks!!

ciarjen
01-04-15, 07:23 AM
Can someone tell me how to tell the current level of my tree? I upgraded to level 11, but didn't get a goal to go to level 15. The tree now requires 26 of each part for the next level. Help please! I don't know if I should keep buying parts (like tinsel) or not. Thanks!!

Tap on the tree and look at the bottom right of the screen.

The tree goes up to a level 15. There is no need to upgrade, unless you need to get more presents.

ciarjen
01-04-15, 07:31 AM
Thanks! Sorry I stormed your store! LOL

I saw that Panda, lol.

I'll be selling more later.

ciarjen
01-04-15, 09:40 AM
I'm selling loads of parts in 5 minutes.

I will keep my shop fully stocked while selling so that it stays at the top of your neighbour list.

Battty's Farm

calivali123
01-04-15, 10:32 AM
Thank you ciarjen! I apologize to the rest of the community for being so greedy, but I really needed those parts, especially the tinsel. It looks like that might have been the rarest part for most, I know it was for me. I don't think I'll make it to the reindeer, but thanks to you ciarjen, I might just make it to the prize before it.

stlgreg11
01-04-15, 11:12 AM
Ah, thank you. I see it now and the reindeer is lovely!

On another note does the final tree upgrade make it look different?
I must be close to the last upgrade, but not sure I should bother...?

It has a yellow star on top.

my farm is ulovemonkeys....you can see it if you want

stlgreg11
01-04-15, 11:17 AM
Thank you ciarjen! I apologize to the rest of the community for being so greedy, but I really needed those parts, especially the tinsel. It looks like that might have been the rarest part for most, I know it was for me. I don't think I'll make it to the reindeer, but thanks to you ciarjen, I might just make it to the prize before it.

started out getting ornaments like crazy, then i got lights then i got more tinsel than i could handle.
towards the end, i had no problem getting tinsel. i couldnt get an ornament to save my life or at least it felt like it.
i did get most of my parts in the newspaper and from other neighbors

rudipreciousmocha
01-04-15, 11:25 AM
I never got a notice on my game about this and I play every day. In January I got a notice to download Farm Story Christmas. I did and there was nothing different on it except the airplane was a sleigh and the hangar had snow on it. There were no goals, no different things to buy... nothing was different. What the heck happened?

ciarjen
01-04-15, 11:54 AM

So it was you, lol

I've got more parts to sell, beginning in a few minutes. I will try to keep my shop fully stocked so it appears at the top of your neighbour list.

Batty's Farm

kooky panda
01-04-15, 12:45 PM
So it was you, lol

I've got more parts to sell, beginning in a few minutes. I will try to keep my shop fully stocked so it appears at the top of your neighbour list.

Batty's Farm

It was me yesterday!! Thanks I now have my reindeer!

kooky panda
01-04-15, 12:46 PM
I never got a notice on my game about this and I play every day. In January I got a notice to download Farm Story Christmas. I did and there was nothing different on it except the airplane was a sleigh and the hangar had snow on it. There were no goals, no different things to buy... nothing was different. What the heck happened?

This event is not available for android devices.

Ravenbluffer
01-04-15, 12:56 PM
I'll go out on a limb and offer support to this event. It was difficult, but if everyone could get the reindeer, then what is the point or fun in that. Maybe TL can give out participation badges? Yes, it is impossible for lower-level farms. Kind of like reality. You work to build up your farm to where you have a shot at these. When I started last year, I knew I couldn't get those early events, in fact, I left the Valentines and St. Patrick's Day events alone. Now at level 43, this is the first event I reached the end goal... though I still didn't get the tree done. Thanksgiving I finished both floats, but didn't get the second one done in the two days allowed. Having labored to reach this Christmas or Holiday goal, whatever you want to call it, that reindeer is staying out year-round.

Also, TL, thanks for the goals that gave us 45 gems for buying a few cheap decorations.

ciarjen
01-04-15, 01:26 PM
I'll go out on a limb and offer a support to this event. It was difficult, but if everyone could get the reindeer, then what is the point or fun in that.

Because it is a community event.

The whole point of the event is that individuals collect prizes to obtain their individual goals, so that in turn enables the whole community to reach community goals.

And that is how usually these events work; in that the last individual prize is obtainable to most players providing they put in the work to obtain the parts.

But that is not what has happened in this event. They made the last individual prize unobtainable to so many players because of the low drop rate/high requirement of tree parts and instead they put a fake counter on the community goals to give the illusion that they are being met in time for the end of the event. That is just wrong!

I got the reindeer but personally I would prefer the whole community had a fair chance to get it provided they put in a reasonable amount of gameplay, rather than just some people, so I have just spent the last hour selling tree parts to the community, in the hope it helps out a few more people.

Some more community spirit from TL would have been appreciated but they are the architects of their own negative feedback on this event. You don't see that feedback on DS, CS or FFS because the goals have been hard but fair.

PookieBear50
01-04-15, 01:27 PM
I'll go out on a limb and offer support to this event. It was difficult, but if everyone could get the reindeer, then what is the point or fun in that. Maybe TL can give out participation badges? Yes, it is impossible for lower-level farms. Kind of like reality. You work to build up your farm to where you have a shot at these. When I started last year, I knew I couldn't get those early events, in fact, I left the Valentines and St. Patrick's Day events alone. Now at level 43, this is the first event I reached the end goal... though I still didn't get the tree done. Thanksgiving I finished both floats, but didn't get the second one done in the two days allowed. Having labored to reach this Christmas or Holiday goal, whatever you want to call it, that reindeer is staying out year-round.

Also, TL, thanks for the goals that gave us 45 gems for buying a few cheap decorations.

Congratulations to you (and to you, kooky panda) on getting the reindeer. Unfortunately, I was unable to get anywhere close to it, what with the lack of ornaments dropping from deliveries...it severely held up my upgrading of my tree. Because of that, I have to agree that the event was a bit lacking in the fun department, whereas the Thanksgiving event was a bit more enjoyable, since 1) we had two opportunities to get to the goals, and 2) it was easier for members to help each other out.

All the same, I found the "partridge hunt" to be enjoyable, even if the newspaper is now inundated with partridges (and holiday axes). Overall, if I were to rate this event, I would have to give it a 7 out of 10 - fun, but perhaps a little too difficult.

Ravenbluffer
01-04-15, 01:49 PM
Because it is a community event.

The whole point of the event is that individuals collect prizes to obtain their individual goals, so that in turn enables the whole community to reach community goals.

And that is how usually these events work; in that the last individual prize is obtainable to most players providing they put in the work to obtain the parts.

But that is not what has happened in this event. They made the last individual prize unobtainable to so many players because of the low drop rate/high requirement of tree parts and instead they put a fake counter on the community goals to give the illusion that they are being met in time for the end of the event. That is just wrong!

I got the reindeer but personally I would prefer the whole community had a fair chance to get it provided they put in a reasonable amount of gameplay, rather than just some people, so I have just spent the last hour selling tree parts to the community, in the hope it helps out a few more people.

Some more community spirit from TL would have been appreciated but they are the architects of their own negative feedback on this event. You don't see that feedback on DS, CS or FFS because the goals have been hard but fair.

To this I would agree, and once my quick math told me I would make the final goal of the reindeer, I began to sell the tree parts with the tree at level 12. How many have been on here complaining about it not being community focused, yet got the reindeer and kept going "because the tree doesn't look right without the star." Lecture on this being a community event well taken, but there are too many out there complaining because they can't get the star... please.

reewinder
01-04-15, 03:16 PM
In about an hour, 3:00, I will be putting all my tree decorations up for grabs in my shop. Currently I have 49 lights, 32 ornaments and 4 tinsel. Come and get 'em.

HerStiggyness
01-04-15, 03:31 PM
I just saw a level 26 farm with the reindeer and a level 13 tree so I cannot complain
Thanks to all the players who are selling parts!

Btw for myself I have a lot of difficulty finding the ornaments but I have been able to find lights and tinsel easily. Go figure

seascape9
01-04-15, 04:16 PM
In about an hour, 3:00, I will be putting all my tree decorations up for grabs in my shop. Currently I have 49 lights, 32 ornaments and 4 tinsel. Come and get 'em.

Wow! That was some sale! I have to confess I bought as much as I could, which I think was most of what you were selling! Thank you! Btw I was waiting all day EST!

seascape9
01-04-15, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have any tinsel for sale?

stlgreg11
01-04-15, 04:31 PM
i was trying to level up slow but all those deliveries , i went up something like 9 levels. I am now 36

ytalia
01-04-15, 04:41 PM
So sad! Played every day and it's been so hard to keep up with all the upgrading, I hardly made it to level 12 on my tree... And not even close to the 2000 gifts, every event it's getting harder or it's just me losing all the jolly of the game? I think I'm done for good, its not even worth to waste money on gems since it's so expensive too...

krisscritters
01-04-15, 05:44 PM
So, here it is, near the end of the holiday event & my tree will stay at level 8. The tinsel did not drop at high enough rates for me to upgrade any higher (I bought most of the ones I did get). No reindeer for me. But that seems to be the theme for me & these events, for the most part. I should be selling off all my upgrade parts tomorrow afternoon/evening. I have tons of light, balls, & 10 tinsel at this time. The amount available could change if I am able to upgrade again, but I doubt I will.

ciarjen
01-05-15, 02:38 AM
I'll be selling tree parts today when I can. I'll keep my shop fully stocked when selling so it should be at the top of your neighbour list if I have them available.

Batty's farm.

JohnFarmers
01-05-15, 03:45 AM
I will sell all of my parts in about 1h 30 from now!
Look out for JohnFarmers or post on my wall!
Good luck to everyone

RedStella13
01-05-15, 07:51 AM
Putting a bunch of parts up in my shop in 10 minutes (7:00am Pacific Standard time)!

All gone - more later. :)

littlebridge
01-05-15, 09:07 AM
Have lots of ornaments and lights for trade for some tinsel! :D

babs3449
01-05-15, 09:14 AM
I managed to completely upgrade the tree at the last minute, thanks to neighbors and the newspaper, but not in time to get enough gifts to get the reindeer because I was stuck at lower levels for so long.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but for me the event was " too little too late". I mean, here it is January 6 and we are still decorating a Christmas tree! I know some people celebrate up to that day, but for me, I've put away my decorations and am "done" with Christmas until next year. Imo, the event should have started sooner, finished sooner, and had a better drop rate. For me it stopped being fun a while ago.
I thought the partridges were cute at first but they became an annoyance as they outlived their usefulness. It would have been nice if we had been awarded the 100 gifts every time we collected the 200 birds instead of just once. Or, if that was too easy, maybe we could have needed more birds to get some gifts. Again, just my opinion.
Many thanks for listening to my vent and to those who sold tree parts that helped me get as far as I did,and best wishes to all for a happy healthy new year.

enaid03
01-05-15, 09:45 AM
Imo, the event should have started sooner, finished sooner, and had a better drop rate. For me it stopped being fun a while ago.

BINGO! That is exactly how I have felt the past couple of days. It would be nice if TL could adjust things - better drop rate, start the event sooner, and have the end coincide with the holiday, not two weeks after. I know its been said a million times before, but for us to get BIG decorations after the holiday is a total waste. I got the reindeer after I took my holiday stuff down at my own home. Timing is a real issue with TL.

I REALLY REALLY wished they listened to us. NO ONE wants to receive holiday decorations after the holiday. Its like going to the holiday decoration sales at stores, getting decor for 70%-90% off after the holiday, then coming home and decorating your house with your newly purchased decorations when everyone else is taking them down. Who decorates for the holidays after the holidays besides in TL games?

If I see another ax or partridge I will go nuts.

I will say that in the week after I got the reindeer, I have barely checked my farm. Burnout from what could have been a great event.

ciarjen
01-05-15, 09:59 AM
BINGO! That is exactly how I have felt the past couple of days. It would be nice if TL could adjust things - better drop rate, start the event sooner, and have the end coincide with the holiday, not two weeks after. I know its been said a million times before, but for us to get BIG decorations after the holiday is a total waste. I got the reindeer after I took my holiday stuff down at my own home. Timing is a real issue with TL.

I REALLY REALLY wished they listened to us. NO ONE wants to receive holiday decorations after the holiday. Its like going to the holiday decoration sales at stores, getting decor for 70%-90% off after the holiday, then coming home and decorating your house with your newly purchased decorations when everyone else is taking them down. Who decorates for the holidays after the holidays besides in TL games?

I will say that in the week after I got the reindeer, I have barely checked my farm. Burnout from what could have been a great event.

I completely agree too. It could have been a great event. The prize of the reindeer was the best yet they have ever done but it just was not handled well.

I got my reindeer after I had packed my Christmas tree away in the garage and we still have the final prize, of a Christmas decoration, due to us in a few hours. The timing is just weird.

The partridges caused a huge problem in the game and have affected the whole supply chain by cluttering up the newspaper and shops. I would guess lots of player don't even know that they can discard items, so they just sit there waiting for something to happen. This has had a detrimental affect on people trying to get parts in the newspaper to upgrade and that far outweighed any benefit to the 100 presents the goal gave. Whether this was deliberate strategy on TL's part or just an oversight, I don't know....but it would have helped if they had fixed it.

I do wonder if they are even aware of what is going on with the game with how the newspaper is. A few days ago they started offering a value pack for sale which included axes. Why ???? Who would spend real money on axes when the newspaper is flooded with them and has been since the first day of the event? Why does TL think we need axes?

I just hope now that when the timer ends on the event, TL will swiftly remove all the partridges and axes so we can go back to playing the game as normal.

Rynetory2
01-05-15, 10:21 AM

Totally agree with what you said. And also Ciarjen in the post above. This event started so well, the reindeer was such a brilliant idea. I started the event feeling very excited but the drop rates of axes compared to tree parts dampened the enthusiasm. It was disappointing to send out so many deliveries only to get axes, useless eventually at the price of those trees.

Although I got the reindeer, it felt like too little too late as babs stated. For the last event I was able to get parts to complete and even help others when I was done. For this event, it was a tough struggle. And I don't see the community helping each other like the last event, due to the terrible drop rates.

TL - is the change in your game strategy due to this pet being different to the previous prize pets or do you not wish us to have enough parts to help each other? Perhaps you should put the deer for sale at some ridiculously tons of gems in the market instead.

Either way, this could had been a great event ended up sadly an event without Christmas nor community spirit. It was great in the last event to have the community working together. Now I can't wait for this event to be over.

minidemon88
01-05-15, 10:24 AM
Got my reindeer yesterday and just upgraded my tree to the max level, all thanks to my neighbors and the community for selling their parts away. So glad all my efforts and hours of stalking the newspaper paid off! Yay! :D All I could said was this is the hardest and most challenging event ever with the extremely low drop rates! You really need to put in 100% or better still 201% of your efforts in order to get all the prizes. It's like no pain no gain.

Though I hate to admit that this event beaten the hell out of me, that I fall sick for days! Guessed too much late nights burned. Or did I always fall sick during community events? Oh my?! :( Gotta find something to boast up my immune support. Darn!

Also, I noticed there's 2 different timer countdown for the event. One is 1 hour earlier and another one is 1 hour shorter. Not sure which is the accurate one. But knowing tl's history, nothing is accurate. So guys, take note of the timer. I'll be selling my remaining 10 ornaments in the next 30 minutes too. Hope everyone get what they wants! :)

Edit: All sold!

greywagtail
01-05-15, 10:24 AM
Wish I'd discovered this post earlier. Got the reindeer yesterday and was going to stop at level 11 for the tree but, from collecting parts from the newsstand, am now on level 14 for the tree. A bonus from this quest is that I have collected sufficient parts to expand twice and to level up my barn three times and the silo twice. I have also levelled up twice and bought my first banana tree today. Spending far too much time on this game at the moment though.

Thanks to all that are selling the decorations :)

minidemon88
01-05-15, 11:44 AM
Another new batch so I'm selling 8 tinsel, 5 light and 1 ornament in 10 minutes. See if I can find more and I'll put them up too. :D

Edit: All sold!

ginrae22
01-05-15, 12:11 PM
Well I know that I have ranted at least 3 times on here in the past 5 days but I am so glad that I'm not the only one who knows that this event was...not up to par. Yes the reindeer prize is awesome, which is why it makes it so bitter for me and so many others that just aren't able to get it in time. I saw the picture that someone posted for what I surely hope is the last upgrade on the tree. 64 or something of each?! That is insanity. They made the event go on longer than I think any of them have before, but they also considerably upped the number of presents needed to collect the final prize and made it soooo much harder to upgrade the tree and even get parts in order to collect enough. So those of you who played like crazy or used gems to speed things up here and there, I'm happy for you and your reindeer, but I'm super bummed for me and what I can only assume is the majority of people. We really weren't able to pull together as a community as like I said I'm glad so many of you seem to have also noticed. That made me very sad especially for the Christmas and Holiday season. Oh well. Perhaps I will still play but my farm will hurt from this for sure. I'm just too let down to want to play much right now if at all as I've already threatened. : (

RedStella13
01-05-15, 12:25 PM
Tree parts going up in my shop again. I have quite a few of all three, so come on down!

I know I'll never be able to complete the tree but I hope I can help others finish.

All gone. I'm glad to have the barn space back!

greywagtail
01-05-15, 02:18 PM
Just upgraded the tree to level 15 - took four hours from only a few parts. Parts for sale - farm name St Clements

Don't give up, if you are on level 14 and want the tree - it can be done, particularly as more parts are being sold

Bit disappointed with the tree - saw a tree that was rotating on another farm

HerStiggyness
01-05-15, 02:42 PM
Just upgraded the tree to level 15 - took four hours from only a few parts. Parts for sale - farm name St Clements

Don't give up, if you are on level 14 and want the tree - it can be done, particularly as more parts are being sold

Bit disappointed with the tree - saw a tree that was rotating on another farm

Ahh that was last year's tree.
I saw it in piper's tree house though.

greywagtail
01-05-15, 03:00 PM
Tx

My 9 ornaments & 3 tinsel are still for sale at 22:00 GMT. Farm name, St Clements

Edit 7 lights now added

Edit All sold but will sell if I get any more

MrsSchrute
01-05-15, 03:10 PM
Pretty bummed that I have no hopes of getting the reindeer.

epayne0003
01-05-15, 04:06 PM
I'm bummed also. Wish I had another day. I played like crazy then got sick and couldn't play for a few days like I normally do. Wish they would make a package of gifts .99 for so many 1.99 for so many 2.99 for so many ect.

p7la2
01-05-15, 04:13 PM
Did anyone purchase the gingerbread cat? I would like to see it on a farm. :)

RedStella13
01-05-15, 04:30 PM
Did anyone purchase the gingerbread cat? I would like to see it on a farm. :)

I did! Come on over and take a look.

ghjvcucjb
01-05-15, 06:11 PM
Final count 3600.

RedStella13
01-05-15, 06:22 PM
Final count 3600.

3473 here.

reewinder
01-05-15, 06:48 PM
5315 total presents. And I didn't put a lot of effort into this event. I just got lucky in finding tree upgrade parts in the newsstand and tried to collect from the tree whenever I could.

ghjvcucjb
01-05-15, 06:53 PM

agnes__
01-05-15, 07:29 PM
I only got 2,587. My tree is still at level 14.

Anyway why am I not seeing floods of Christmas tree parts in the market? I'd love to fully upgrade my tree.

littleonesmum
01-05-15, 08:33 PM
Option to upgrade the tree seems to have disappeared. I still have parts in the barn that I was hoping to use to upgrade it (with a few extra lights). I can't see any parts for sale anywhere either. Don't we normally have the option to upgrade, despite the event being officially over?

Lilliepaddd
01-05-15, 08:37 PM
What stage did you have to get to reach the final upgrade for the Christmas tree...I was on level 14 and have almost enough to get the star on the tree but like the earlier post I see nothing in the newspaper :((((( not happy with this game as I have been playing all the time !!!!!!!!!

ciarjen
01-06-15, 01:52 AM
Partridges still for sale !!!!

orleansparish
01-06-15, 03:34 AM
Can everyone please post to your neighbors walls, that there is such a thing as the discard button! I don't usually tip everyone, everyday but today I will and will leave a nice message. I don't understand. It happens during event, once its over my shopping experience is ruined by folks getting rid of their items. Fair enough, but no one is going to buy that foolishness, so why let it stay there?

Even Im not so cheap to let it wither there, hoping Stormie comes and buy it all. Even he doesn't want it! List for sale and then discard. I hope the interns are working so I don't see another bird. As of five minutes ago they are still creeping from my produce. I'm going to hold a party to throw that tree into storage. Don't want to look at it again!

CottageRose
01-06-15, 07:47 AM
Wow... Haven't read the forums much since Dec. 16th or so, and just caught up. I made it through the event just barely, only because I played non-stop for days when it first started and used gems on hand to get that tree to level 10. Even so, it was da#n hard with family things. (I didn't get my reindeer until almost the end. I've had him a few days, but lost track with a horrible flu.)

There's no real storyline to FS2, so what has kept me playing this year has been the shared community spirit and partnerships. I wasn't here last Christmas, and don't have the amazing rotating tree others have mentioned. For those who want something others can't get and have that tree, congratulations. Honestly, I'm happy you do have the 2013 tree. I wish I had played regularly in 2013 and had that tree, but I didn't and I don't. I accept that as one of those things I missed by not being here.

My first FS2 event was the Luau this summer. Each event since was hard, but allowed the community to find a way to work together, and provided a reasonable chance of success. With this event, there was little I could do to help anyone else, but I did what I could.

Still it was no fun. If I could put my reindeer in storage, I would. (I've already tried without success.) It makes me sad to think that seeing him on my farm may upset some of my neighbors. It sounds like many of us felt the same terrible Scrooge-like denial of the spirit of Christmas in FS2.

This event has left a bitter taste in my mouth, that will not go away soon. It is my personal belief that we are not - and should not be - competing against each other during a "community event". The reindeer was presented as a specific milestone in the community event, and as such, should not have been so difficult that only a limited few received him. Others' analysis of the numbers trends show that was not realistic. If the company's goal was to make money with the reindeer, they could have done so by offering him as a gem-only pet and not created such ill-will in their customers.

orleansparish
01-06-15, 09:03 AM
Wow... Haven't read the forums much since Dec. 16th or so, and just caught up. I made it through the event just barely, only because I played non-stop for days when it first started and used gems on hand to get that tree to level 10. Even so, it was da#n hard with family things. (I didn't get my reindeer until almost the end. I've had him a few days, but lost track with a horrible flu.)

There's no real storyline to FS2, so what has kept me playing this year has been the shared community spirit and partnerships. I wasn't here last Christmas, and don't have the amazing rotating tree others have mentioned. For those who want something others can't get and have that tree, congratulations. Honestly, I'm happy you do have the 2013 tree. I wish I had played regularly in 2013 and had that tree, but I didn't and I don't. I accept that as one of those things I missed by not being here.

My first FS2 event was the Luau this summer. Each event since was hard, but allowed the community to find a way to work together, and provided a reasonable chance of success. With this event, there was little I could do to help anyone else, but I did what I could.

Still it was no fun. If I could put my reindeer in storage, I would. (I've already tried without success.) It makes me sad to think that seeing him on my farm may upset some of my neighbors. It sounds like many of us felt the same terrible Scrooge-like denial of the spirit of Christmas in FS2.

This event has left a bitter taste in my mouth, that will not go away soon. It is my personal belief that we are not - and should not be - competing against each other during a "community event". The reindeer was presented as a specific milestone in the community event, and as such, should not have been so difficult that only a limited few received him. Others' analysis of the numbers trends show that was not realistic. If the company's goal was to make money with the reindeer, they could have done so by offering him as a gem-only pet and not created such ill-will in their customers.

It may upset your neighbors seeing your Reindeer there, but touch cookie, you worked hard for him. I've neighbors who threw money at their tree and a couple still didn't get the last prize because they couldn't collect as often. I went a couple days without collecting and stupid me thought we collect from the tree every FOUR hours. It wasn't until the last two days that I actually stared at the tree. Duh!

There will always be events that we can't complete for one reason. For one event I was moving and had no wifi. For another the idea of collecting so often and waiting for parts deterred me. Yes, this one was more tedious but it's still no reason to feel bad. I mean..I wanted to ransack a few neighbors farms and pelt their wheat crops with eggs, when I saw they won the birthday kittie but I got over it. Barely...

Same with the halloween event. I won none of the main prizes. I have three carnival ponies, many neighbors have none. I have those bulky leprechaun hideouts. Many don't. We keep playing, we air our gripes and hope they fix it for the next time.

I'm just happy I didn't have to spend a boatload of money as I originally thought.

littleonesmum
01-06-15, 04:06 PM
Can everyone please post to your neighbors walls, that there is such a thing as the discard button! I don't usually tip everyone, everyday but today I will and will leave a nice message. I don't understand. It happens during event, once its over my shopping experience is ruined by folks getting rid of their items. Fair enough, but no one is going to buy that foolishness, so why let it stay there?

Even Im not so cheap to let it wither there, hoping Stormie comes and buy it all. Even he doesn't want it! List for sale and then discard. I hope the interns are working so I don't see another bird. As of five minutes ago they are still creeping from my produce. I'm going to hold a party to throw that tree into storage. Don't want to look at it again!

You are not going to believe this but Stormie has a partridge for sale in TODAY'S shop! Lol!! I took a screen shot - hysterical! 17653

reewinder
01-06-15, 06:21 PM
You are not going to believe this but Stormie has a partridge for sale in TODAY'S shop! Lol!! I took a screen shot - hysterical! 17653
Lol....I see I'm in your list of neighbors in that screen shot. Weird that my facebook picture is replaced with the bass icon.
I totally agree with using the discard option to get rid of unwanted items. I started doing that right after I was sure everyone finished the partridge quest. I still have some partridges and Christmas axes in my inventory and if I ever do get rid of them they aren't going to sit in my shop for days and days.....or forever.
In fact....now that I'm thinking about it.....I'm going to start buying up all these useless items and then getting rid of them all myself. Who's with me?
Lets start a clean up patrol and rescue the newsstand from this pollution out there.
Since I have barn space and the time I'm going to do my best to make the partridges go extinct.

littleonesmum
01-06-15, 08:34 PM
Lol....I see I'm in your list of neighbors in that screen shot. Weird that my facebook picture is replaced with the bass icon.
I totally agree with using the discard option to get rid of unwanted items. I started doing that right after I was sure everyone finished the partridge quest. I still have some partridges and Christmas axes in my inventory and if I ever do get rid of them they aren't going to sit in my shop for days and days.....or forever.
In fact....now that I'm thinking about it.....I'm going to start buying up all these useless items and then getting rid of them all myself. Who's with me?
Lets start a clean up patrol and rescue the newsstand from this pollution out there.
Since I have barn space and the time I'm going to do my best to make the partridges go extinct.

Yes! I'm with you re. the partridges, etc. I actually stocked my shop earlier with leftover parts, with every intention of discarding them, but someone bought up the lot immediately before I could blink, can't imagine why.

Off on partridge-patrol I go...!!

WinnyWoos
01-06-15, 11:19 PM

LOL!!! Pretty sure we're thinking the same thing! Beginning to wonder if we're being pranked or something *insert the laughing so hard I'm crying emoji* :p

orleansparish
01-06-15, 11:50 PM

Something's wrong with that boy. Been saying that since level 28.

SummerZavara
01-07-15, 12:02 AM

Not to mention all the partridge poo we'll have to shovel out of the barn....

iLLUMI2012
01-07-15, 05:51 AM
I was 9 pieces of tinsel away from completing the tree. At the end of the event all parts I came across were locked saying "Lvl 1000" was required.
Today I decided to try selling all my tinsel in my shop. To my surprise different players were actually buying it! Huh???? I thought it was locked. ???

Therefore, if tree upgrade items can still be bought, if ANYONE has loads to tinsel they want to sell, could you please message here or leave a message at my other game account ID = TomorrowLand2013
I would really like to complete the tree upgrade using parts rather than using gems.
Thanks!! :)

goodsnyummies
01-07-15, 12:50 PM
I can no longer upgrade my tree but am still getting parts to do so? Why are other players buying those parts, can they still upgrade?

orleansparish
01-08-15, 11:13 AM
They just be buying them thinking they fan upgrade the tree. Luckily the parts are dirt cheap, so they won't feel bad when they learn they can't be used.

panix
01-08-15, 12:25 PM
Has anyone else's snowy trees reverted to their original form? I had all of mine half chopped because I wanted to save them for decorations, and last night they have all turned back into their first form! I am really ticked about this because I spent a lot of money on them because I liked how the trees looked half chopped on my farm. I don't want snowy trees all year round! And now I only have the option to sell them. If we could at least store them it wouldn't be too bad, but they were so expensive, selling them is a waste! If I had known we wouldn't be able to keep them half chopped I wouldn't of bothered.... TL please turn my trees back to their half chopped state! I don't know why I continue to play these games when everything about them seems to annoy me...

ciarjen
01-08-15, 12:54 PM
Has anyone else's snowy trees reverted to their original form? I had all of mine half chopped because I wanted to save them for decorations, and last night they have all turned back into their first form! I am really ticked about this because I spent a lot of money on them because I liked how the trees looked half chopped on my farm. I don't want snowy trees all year round! And now I only have the option to sell them. If we could at least store them it wouldn't be too bad, but they were so expensive, selling them is a waste! If I had known we wouldn't be able to keep them half chopped I wouldn't of bothered.... TL please turn my trees back to their half chopped state! I don't know why I continue to play these games when everything about them seems to annoy me...

The same has happened to mine too. I bought a few and half chopped them for decoration and now they have reverted back.

simpassoc
01-08-15, 04:06 PM
I have been away for a few days. Did the community not achieve the last prize? If so, where would I find it. Not in my cellar.

Rynetory2
01-08-15, 07:56 PM

I experienced that for my half fall flowers bush half chopped. I had tons of them but sold off after they were reverted to full bloom.

ciarjen
01-09-15, 02:20 AM
I have been away for a few days. Did the community not achieve the last prize? If so, where would I find it. Not in my cellar.

It should be in the cellar, providing you collected enough presents to qualify for it.

yppahc
01-09-15, 03:53 AM

I had a mixture of chopped and unchopped so this annoyed me as I could have chopped them all and sold any upgrade parts to help out. My fall flowers grew back too.

The fall flowers could be stored for a while then all of a sudden they couldn't.

reewinder
01-09-15, 05:12 AM
They got my trees too. Not happy.
I had half my trees chopped to break up all that white snow. Looks too weird with all of them covered in snow. $2500 a piece and now the only option is to sell them for $25? I want a refund.....or the option to store them.

panix
01-09-15, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if we could store them... I think it is ridiculous that we can't. It annoys me that we can't store any craft buildings, fruit trees, or event trees. And if I had known these trees weren't going to stay half chopped I would have just chopped them all for event parts. Now I don't know what to do with them, I don't want to sell them and loose all that money! TL please give us the option to store them!!! My farm looks silly with palm trees next to winter trees....

orleansparish
01-09-15, 05:08 PM
I wish we could store more than the dogs and cats we buy. I can buy eggs from the stand. I want to get rid of them and use the space. So being able to store them and their homes would be helpful. I ended up selling a bunch of trees from the past events. I still have the fall event ones because Theyre so cute.

PookieBear50
01-09-15, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy if we could store them... I think it is ridiculous that we can't. It annoys me that we can't store any craft buildings, fruit trees, or event trees. And if I had known these trees weren't going to stay half chopped I would have just chopped them all for event parts. Now I don't know what to do with them, I don't want to sell them and loose all that money! TL please give us the option to store them!!! My farm looks silly with palm trees next to winter trees....

Perhaps, if you have enough space, you might make an entire section a "winter holiday" section with those trees and the Christmas decorations, and in another section the palm trees and plumeria bushes along with the beach event decorations? Then it might not look as strange...

dragon1064
01-09-15, 07:47 PM
Add me I need more active neighbors, right now I am offer a lot of upgrade part if u guy interesting

panix
01-10-15, 01:03 AM
Perhaps, if you have enough space, you might make an entire section a "winter holiday" section with those trees and the Christmas decorations, and in another section the palm trees and plumeria bushes along with the beach event decorations? Then it might not look as strange...

Well I do have a winter section right now, but I definitely don't want to have one up all year. When the trees were half chopped I could place them anywhere and they looked fine, but now they are snowy again I wish I could store them along with my other winter decorations until next year! That's my point. It's the same way I wish I could store my palm trees until summer instead of having to keep them out all year long.