PDA

View Full Version : 12-10 Update

ElaineCarrel
12-09-14, 04:34 PM
The update for Wednesday is up in the blog and we're definitely getting a new challenge tomorrow. It's definitely a Christmas themed challenge and there's even reindeers shown. I wish I knew how to show what's on the blog pg. Hopefully someone will post it soon.

jandtandn
12-09-14, 04:39 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/jr4g1i.jpg

It looks adorable!

LavaRain8
12-09-14, 04:47 PM
Nice! So glad I waited to buy any other winter stuff, I was hoping this goal would provide me with lots of gem free items. And new snow tiles for coins! Yay! My gem count is very pleased that I restrained myself, can't wait to use these. :)

barbaraann72
12-09-14, 04:49 PM
VERY cute! Are those drinks snowmen?

rocketsmama
12-09-14, 04:53 PM
Love it!!! Everything looks sooooo cute! Can't wait!

StevenKevin
12-09-14, 05:01 PM
Another bloody boring goal :(((( i dont celebrate xmas but frankly whats on the counters doesnt really make me feel like doing so. Where are the foie gras, the caviar, in a word really appetizing festive food? What i can see looks like mush

kimandamelia
12-09-14, 05:07 PM
LOVE!!!! Not to be a negative Nancy, but is it me or are the cute reindeer bigger than the house? I adore the reindeer tracks snow tiles!! So cute!

jandtandn
12-09-14, 05:10 PM
The garland looks way too tiny, but the floor decorations are so cute!

my607
12-09-14, 05:11 PM
I like this update it's cute.

AliSweet876
12-09-14, 05:15 PM
Early prediction gift possibilities : holly, red ribbon, red gear, red knob and white spring :p

Natasha_07
12-09-14, 05:16 PM
The house reminds me of the Santa's Workshop from the Holiday gift box, other than that a cute update.

aiyoosha
12-09-14, 05:18 PM
yay! i cant wait for tomorrow!

bubaxx
12-09-14, 05:18 PM
Love it!!! Can't wait!

LavaRain8
12-09-14, 05:23 PM
Early prediction gift possibilities : holly, red ribbon, red gear, red knob and white spring :p

No Santa Hat prediction? I hope that's there since I bothered getting a good bit of those. Everything else I can definitely see, especially holly for the drink machine since it's literally sitting up there, unless that's supposed to be mistletoe. :/

Either way, I have at least 50 of each of those items, and a lot of basic parts, so hopefully I have everything covered. Unless they pull a BS Thanksgiving and throw back in an old gift like Magical Snowball or something...

twospoons
12-09-14, 05:37 PM
hooray for snowy tiles! i was in desperate need. wallpaper's okay, but the clouds at the top make it too obviously repetitive in large swaths. i'll stick with last week's walls (except to fulfill goal, of course). also, i think the reindeer are cute, but i already had the reindeer stable, regular reindeer and baby reindeer, i think from last year's christmas box? so i'm a little disappointed in that, although it's good for lots of other people.

i dont celebrate xmas but frankly whats on the counters doesnt really make me feel like doing so. Where are the foie gras, the caviar, in a word really appetizing festive food? What i can see looks like mush

i agree that the food isn't that great (drinks are adorable though!), but your theory that caviar and foie gras (while delicious) would somehow look less like mush seems suspect. it's tiny black bumps and a brown block surrounded by crackers.

AliSweet876
12-09-14, 05:45 PM
dwl @ black bumps and brown block

xxxe
12-09-14, 06:08 PM
Another bloody boring goal :(((( i dont celebrate xmas but frankly whats on the counters doesnt really make me feel like doing so. Where are the foie gras, the caviar, in a word really appetizing festive food? What i can see looks like mush

I don't know why you're always hating on the goals lol. I look forward to them every month. And no offense intended but caviar sounds unappetizing and I don't even know what the other food is. I'm not sure if you live out of the states or you're just well off but that's not the food I think of for Christmas. No offense is meant in this post by the way.

MamaFoodie
12-09-14, 06:20 PM
Like the drinks. Looks like yams, ambrosia and soup? I hope the fruitcake and holiday ham come back. I was hoping for a standing rib roast for Christmas.

aiyoosha
12-09-14, 06:23 PM
I don't know why you're always hating on the goals lol. I look forward to them every month. And no offense intended but caviar sounds unappetizing and I don't even know what the other food is. I'm not sure if you live out of the states or you're just well off but that's not the food I think of for Christmas. No offense is meant in this post by the way.

well he did say bloody he might be brit, i guess they eat very very different than us americans.. i never heard of anyone eating cavier at christmas time

nukesters2
12-09-14, 06:43 PM

fois gras is being banned across many places in the world now, due to the inhumane way the ducks or geese are treated. Hardly in keeping with the Christmas spirit, or any kind of spirit for that matter.

nukesters2
12-09-14, 07:00 PM
A good looking update! Really love the tables and chairs! and more snowy tiles are good :)
Did anyone else get a pop up....I can not believe I did not take a screen shot of it!! argh! ..... along the lines of...." some premium gifts were left on the counter ..... enjoy.... happy holidays " I was so anxious to see what it was referring to I just hit ok..... I have 18 gems that I didn't have before, I am guessing that's it? because of the BF non sale perhaps? hope someone else got a pic before hitting ok!

LavaRain8
12-09-14, 07:06 PM
A good looking update! Really love the tables and chairs! and more snowy tiles are good :)
Did anyone else get a pop up....I can not believe I did not take a screen shot of it!! argh! ..... along the lines of...." some premium gifts were left on the counter ..... enjoy.... happy holidays " I was so anxious to see what it was referring to I just hit ok..... I have 18 gems that I didn't have before, I am guessing that's it? because of the BF non sale perhaps? hope someone else got a pic before hitting ok!

There was a Winter Wonderland box on sale for 18 gems, but not sure how you got 18 gems for the pop up though. Weird if that is the case, not sure what that could have been.

lainholic
12-09-14, 07:19 PM
Im so mad that i just bought a baby reindeer!! I love the reindeers!

barbaraann72
12-09-14, 07:25 PM
Not to be a negative Nancy, but is it me or are the cute reindeer bigger than the house?

Scale doesn't ever seem to be a priority in the graphics. ;)

rene2222
12-09-14, 11:15 PM
wondering if we be getting any goal tomorrow.

pieandcream
12-10-14, 12:46 AM
i know this has been asked a lot...umm, when do the goals/new items usually pop up...time wise. Is it in about 12h? (just need to know in order to put appropriate timed items on stoves etc)

neurotika
12-10-14, 01:08 AM
i know this has been asked a lot...umm, when do the goals/new items usually pop up...time wise. Is it in about 12h? (just need to know in order to put appropriate timed items on stoves etc)

i'm not in the US so i don't know the exact time since it pops up when i wake up in the morning of thursday. Between 8am to 12 nn pst?

nicola211982
12-10-14, 01:11 AM
I love it all. Can't wait for goals now :-D

pieandcream
12-10-14, 01:12 AM
i'm not in the US so i don't know the exact time since it pops up when i wake up in the morning of thursday. Between 8am to 12 nn pst?

nicola211982
12-10-14, 01:13 AM
From my post now, goals usually start about 10 hours and 15 minutes.

pieandcream
12-10-14, 01:17 AM
From my post now, goals usually start about 10 hours and 15 minutes.

:D ta
(filler since message was apparently too short)

LalaSmooth
12-10-14, 02:07 AM
Are those reindeers with that thing or separate??

Torkulon
12-10-14, 03:38 AM
Can't wait to see all these wonderful items in my restaurant. :):rolleyes::)

carabellexo
12-10-14, 04:37 AM
This update looks amazing! Can't wait for the goals tonight! :)

ninticha
12-10-14, 06:05 AM
I'm so excited with this update!!!!;)

If you don't like it, u don't need to play it!!!!! : Eek:

Dear neighbors I'm in action : D

minidemon88
12-10-14, 06:16 AM
Yay! Love everything, the final goal prize looks great and I adore the reindeer! They're so cute! How I wish they will re-release the baby reindeer again. :(

The chair looks like the candy cane chair we got in bs minus the snow. Nice! :o

vonnw
12-10-14, 07:45 AM
When is the new goal started

lainholic
12-10-14, 09:23 AM
not gonna lie, the goal will be the best part of my day.

kooky panda
12-10-14, 11:37 AM
Guys, lets please keep this thread on topic. The recent off topic posts have been removed.

Please note that members are free to express their feedback for the new items, even if negative, as long as their post does not violate any forum rules.

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:
Through your User Control Panel: User CP (http://forums.storm8.com/usercp.php), Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List (http://forums.storm8.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

PepperWoo
12-10-14, 11:38 AM
Ugh why can't we gift Snowflakes? Ovens will take forever to build!

jandtandn
12-10-14, 11:39 AM
The goals are up. You need 4 holly and 6 snowflakes for the Frosty Fountain.

nikkirene
12-10-14, 11:42 AM
Lol its going to take a minute to get past the first goal

my607
12-10-14, 11:54 AM
I hate requesting parts it takes forever. So annoying

LalaSmooth
12-10-14, 11:57 AM
No recipes on regular ovens :(

emilyblue81
12-10-14, 11:58 AM
Isn't that the whole point of the goal to be challenging. I like requesting parts because then I know who's really active and who isn't!

aiyoosha
12-10-14, 12:04 PM

yh i kno i just wanna hurry up and build them, i hate waiting around.

LalaSmooth
12-10-14, 12:18 PM
This goal could take a while!!

LalaSmooth
12-10-14, 12:31 PM
http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag269/edithdavies1/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-12-10-19-29-50_zpssviwo0pf.png (http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/edithdavies1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-12-10-19-29-50_zpssviwo0pf.png.html) recipes on the first oven

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 12:32 PM
Snowflakes is not in my gifting section, so only by requests then.

PepperWoo
12-10-14, 12:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5mNz7Oz.png
http://i.imgur.com/wuuDtUu.png
http://i.imgur.com/fgFP6jb.png
http://i.imgur.com/kK6gKzD.png
http://i.imgur.com/idGwTyS.png
http://i.imgur.com/9z6Fnbh.png
http://i.imgur.com/13mBv7O.png

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 12:45 PM
@pepperwoo can you create a thread for the goals ONLY if one has not been created yet, please ?

To keep the update thread and goals thread pics separated. Or if someone could put pepper's goal pics on the 1st post. Thank you.

LavaRain8
12-10-14, 12:46 PM
So weird that bakery got new parts, but restaurant didn't. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't intentional and we should have snowflakes? :confused:

PepperWoo
12-10-14, 12:52 PM
@pepperwoo can you create a thread for the goals ONLY if one has not been created yet, please ?

To keep the update thread and goals thread pics separated. Or if someone could put pepper's goal pics on the 1st post. Thank you.

Hiya! I would but Sehana makes the goal thread and she's more organized than me lol I think hers is easier to understand cause of all the labels and stuff. I just throw everything in XD

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 12:57 PM
Snowflakes is not in my gifting section, so only by requests then.

So weird that bakery got new parts, but restaurant didn't. Which leads me to believe that it wasn't intentional and we should have snowflakes? :confused:

I think it was a mistake it wasn't included in the gifts section.

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 12:58 PM
Hiya! I would but Sehana makes the goal thread and she's more organized than me lol I think hers is easier to understand cause of all the labels and stuff. I just throw everything in XD

Thanks! You have a point.

PepperWoo
12-10-14, 01:02 PM
I wish it was a mistake but a part of me thinks this is intentional... it has happened before anyway with the Infused Water Fountain where we can't gift one of the parts required. I think they just did it again.

jim23cash
12-10-14, 01:23 PM
Is it a bug that we can't gift snowflakes, or intentional? Has this been confirmed by anyone?

neurotika
12-10-14, 01:40 PM
You never know with TL if something is a bug or not. LOL. this makes it a lot more challenging though. Glad the holly gifting was worth it.

Torkulon
12-10-14, 01:56 PM
Anyone noticed that prime rib and stuffing are back?

nikkirene
12-10-14, 01:56 PM
The stuffing and prime rib is back too :)

jandtandn
12-10-14, 02:53 PM
There are also tables and chairs for LTO

my607
12-10-14, 03:37 PM
Anyone noticed that prime rib and stuffing are back?

I did.

BuddyB111
12-10-14, 05:19 PM
This will be the first time I will be trying to complete a whole goal and I'd like to know if we complete all the parts towards the goal, is the final reward free or will is just become available to buy?

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 05:33 PM
Free if you finish everything, then usually you can buy more for coins also if you want to have 2 or more for some reason. I have never seen a goal so cute I need 2 of them, nor do I have the space :p

Beecause
12-10-14, 06:20 PM
Great goal TL!!!
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

PS. Thanks for bring back the prime rib & stuffing. Really appreciate that.

LavaRain8
12-10-14, 06:21 PM
I guess Kooky came through in getting my bug message over to TL, because now we have Holly Screwdriver and Snowflake for gifts! Better late than never, so at least now we can stock up on the screwdrivers for this second oven, and we will actually know that it goes to it and we don't have it.

Thanks Kooky! :cool:

pixiegamer
12-10-14, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone! Looks like the Holiday Box is also back, and at a 25% discount!

The thing is, since it's a really, really old box (like, 2010 old), the Master Box list doesn't have a very good preview :( If anyone opens it, would they mind sharing pictures?

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 06:55 PM

The thing is, since it's a really, really old box (like, 2010 old), the Master Box list doesn't have a very good preview :( If anyone opens it, would they mind sharing pictures?
Bought 3, ipod is being a butt, or the forum is being a butt :p

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 06:57 PM

Ok, guess it just didn't want to do 3 in one post! Bummer on the tree I bought on Black Friday, not sure how many gems it was, oh well!

EDIT, scratch that, it was the BS tree I was thinking of!!

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 07:00 PM

I don't know how I feel about this one after last week when I wanted to get the LTO for 55 gems and instead click the Winter Wonderland box which I do NOT like, and was short 10 gems.

I could try this box but yeah not enough info as I do not wish to end up with a tiny piece like last week's abominable snowman.

I'm more easy to try a discounted box in RS but hard to use gems on boxes in BS.

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 07:01 PM

Ok, guess it just didn't want to do 3 in one post! Bummer on the tree I bought on Black Friday, not sure how many gems it was, oh well!

EDIT, scratch that, it was the BS tree I was thinking of!!

Hmmm that sleigh, I've always liked my neighbor's one in BS...

xxxe
12-10-14, 07:09 PM
Oh man! Got a 4th place cost rack! Lol at least it was 18 gems instead of 24. Bummer I wanted the Christnas tree. I noticed they put the Christnas tree from the box in the decorations tab but it's like 40 something gems. Was hoping to win it for 18 lol

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I do like the sleigh better than the 25 gem sled though, much bigger.
Cost Rack.....Coat Rack?? Is it cute?
;) Thanks to Pixie too or else I would not have even known about the box! No popup!!

Natasha_07
12-10-14, 07:27 PM
Darn! I'm weak, my desire has over won my strength... Gave it a try and got a candy cane statue. :(

Good thing I'm strong willed in bakery!

@poisonthorne this your fault for getting the sleigh, LOL! Just joking. :rolleyes: (let's trade)

nukesters2
12-10-14, 08:10 PM
such a beautiful update!! Thankyou so much team lava!! I do not know how you keep coming up with new ideas!

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 08:12 PM
Darn! I'm weak, my desire has over won my strength... Gave it a try and got a candy cane statue. :(

Good thing I'm strong willed in bakery!

@poisonthorne this your fault for getting the sleigh, LOL! Just joking. :rolleyes: (let's trade)

I so WISH we could trade duplicates or things we don't like. Or at least just gift them to other players. I have some box items and goal items that are not my favorites!

Debating if I should try it again. I still have all these gems left from lack of Black Friday stuff!

nukesters2
12-10-14, 08:29 PM

opened 3 times (I am weak :( ) got these prizes.... coat rack, pile of gifts and the gingerbread house....the house is cute, because there was not picture of it, I was hoping it would be a bigger one like in the Gingerbread box....now if they ever release that box....I will spend all my pocket money for the next 6 months on buying that box over and over! eeeee!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/smiley_face2/holidaygiftbox_zps4d82a702.jpg

lainholic
12-10-14, 08:38 PM
opened 3 times (I am weak :( ) got these prizes.... coat rack, pile of gifts and the gingerbread house....the house is cute, because there was not picture of it, I was hoping it would be a bigger one like in the Gingerbread box....now if they ever release that box....I will spend all my pocket money for the next 6 months on buying that box over and over! eeeee!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/smiley_face2/holidaygiftbox_zps4d82a702.jpg

if you have android you can get that version of Christmas RS and buy that box from that.

PoisonThorne
12-10-14, 09:03 PM
Loving the gifts and gingerbread house!!! How do you get your pics so big nukesters?

MamaFoodie
12-10-14, 09:38 PM
Kooky is the best. However, I think they forgot to unlock the fruitcake and holiday ham. Wink wink :)

DLL137
12-10-14, 09:41 PM
I opened the holiday box 3 times and got 2 4th place prizes one was the candy cane statue and the other was a pile of gifts then I got a 2nd place prize which was Santa's sleigh! debating on opening 1 more time...only have 39 gems left now lol 17155

twospoons
12-11-14, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up, pixiegamer! I got 3, including the tree. (hey, 22 gem discount!) I jump off that screen too quickly, but I think the tree is a 3rd and Santa was a 2nd. Gifts are 4th, obv.

http://i59.tinypic.com/21m9sad.png

The design is a bit less detailed, you can tell TL's been getting better at that since their early days, but it's still cute. I'll probably try some more, since I'm a sucker for discount boxes. (Well, not that recent winter one. But cute boxes, sure!)

BuddyB111
12-11-14, 12:57 AM
Free if you finish everything, then usually you can buy more for coins also if you want to have 2 or more for some reason. I have never seen a goal so cute I need 2 of them, nor do I have the space :p

Thank you!

DLL137
12-11-14, 01:13 AM
Got the box twice more, won the 4th place gingerbread house which I thought was cute so it was ok, and a 3rd place prize of a snowman..having bought the other super cute one on BF I'm not so impressed with him but I'm so glad I got 5 different things this time! Really wanted that 2nd place Santa! who knows maybe I'll spend some cash & get some gems seeing how I have a 30% off sale right now! Ahhh choices choices lol 17165

pieandcream
12-11-14, 01:21 AM
LOVE the goals for RS! They re amaing! snow tiles, reindeer......awesome ^^ and the xmas drinks looks great too!

twospoons
12-11-14, 02:34 AM
Got the box twice more, won the 4th place gingerbread house which I thought was cute so it was ok, and a 3rd place prize of a snowman..having bought the other super cute one on BF I'm not so impressed with him but I'm so glad I got 5 different things this time! Really wanted that 2nd place Santa! who knows maybe I'll spend some cash & get some gems seeing how I have a 30% off sale right now! Ahhh choices choices lol 17165

oh, but i think this snowman is cuter than the "giant" one they released on black friday! also, better for the rest of winter, if you stick with that kind of decor. congrats on the varied prizes!

i also just got the 30%, and man, i should have known to buy more gems on BF. i was just so disappointed in the selection then! but now i totally wish i had. cause i need more of these boxes. but maybe i should resist: what if next week is a brand new holiday box with awesome stuff?

also, did get the popup (the tricky kind that i just know will cause me to accidentally buy a box one of these days) after reset, and the 1st prize ice castle looks very impressive, if monochromatic.

PoisonThorne
12-11-14, 03:04 AM
ACK, ok done messing with that box for now :(:(:(

kimmy42
12-11-14, 04:42 AM
Anybody know what parts are needed for the North Pole Oven?

VanaCatu
12-11-14, 05:12 AM
@kimmy42, i don't think so... this new spare, snowflake, allows to build not so fast... 2nd recipe is 3hrs, means 3rd one sd be 4 or 5 or 6hrs...

btw, GOALS THREAD : >>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76083-Restaurant-Story-Christmas-Goals-Dec-10-2014

AliSweet876
12-11-14, 07:00 AM

Jealous! I've been dying for one :(

fatbearsecondary
12-11-14, 10:00 AM

/sigh, if only they'd let us trade, as I'd love the coat rack someone was complaining about up-thread. And poison, I feel your pain; I am a 3rd place prize magnet. So many Tibetan chests chasing that Petal Pond from the Action Chef box. :(

For those interested, the tally on the box is as follows -

4th place: Gingerbread house, Candy cane statue, Pile of gifts, Coat rack
3rd place: Snowman, Christmas tree
2rd place: Santa's sleigh, Santa
1st place: Ice Palace

Natasha_07
12-11-14, 10:45 AM

Wait, the Christmas tree in game is the same as the box one ? :confused:

Natasha_07
12-11-14, 10:49 AM
So... I gave the box 1 more try and guess what I got the tree, at least I got it at a discount even though was aiming for the sleigh.

Actually pleased with this 1 rather than the candy cane statue.

PoisonThorne
12-11-14, 12:25 PM
I'd glady send you 2 of mine if I could, 4 is a bit excessive!

/sigh, if only they'd let us trade, as I'd love the coat rack someone was complaining about up-thread. And poison, I feel your pain; I am a 3rd place prize magnet. So many Tibetan chests chasing that Petal Pond from the Action Chef box. :(

For those interested, the tally on the box is as follows -

4th place: Gingerbread house, Candy cane statue, Pile of gifts, Coat rack
3rd place: Snowman, Christmas tree
2rd place: Santa's sleigh, Santa
1st place: Ice Palace
I have bad luck with boxes too but this is my first ever time of getting the exact same item THREE times in a row hitting the try again box. Maybe I should wait a bit inbetween? I just want the santa now and it is all that sleigh's fault! LOL! The gingerbread house is cute too. If I had to get multiples Id rather have the candy canes I think!
And yes, same tree as the in game 40 gem one, I just figured I'd try the box first since I was going to anyway and it said it had a tree in it! Did not expect 4! :p

DLL137
12-11-14, 12:35 PM
oh, but i think this snowman is cuter than the "giant" one they released on black friday! also, better for the rest of winter, if you stick with that kind of decor. congrats on the varied prizes!

i also just got the 30%, and man, i should have known to buy more gems on BF. i was just so disappointed in the selection then! but now i totally wish i had. cause i need more of these boxes. but maybe i should resist: what if next week is a brand new holiday box with awesome stuff?

also, did get the popup (the tricky kind that i just know will cause me to accidentally buy a box one of these days) after reset, and the 1st prize ice castle looks very impressive, if monochromatic.

Haha what a perfect example of 'to each his own'! Haha wish I could gift him to you twospoons!
I find the 30% too be a decent deal, I've bought it a number of times lol still debating about it for today, I also think there will be another holiday box! There has been a lot in Christmas's past and they seem to be bring out a lot of old content now! I'm hoping for the gingerbread box like so many others lol I really want the little ginger snowglobe one of my neighbours has! IT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
I would totally rather accidentally buy an on sale box then one from scrolling through to find the on sale one!..Stubby fat fingers hit the pirate chest :( 24 gems GONE just like that and for a 4th place pirate parrot to boot! At least it's cute I guess lol

Natasha_07
12-11-14, 01:09 PM
I just want the santa now and it is all that sleigh's fault! LOL! The gingerbread house is cute too. If I had to get multiples Id rather have the candy canes I think!
And yes, same tree as the in game 40 gem one, I just figured I'd try the box first since I was going to anyway and it said it had a tree in it! Did not expect 4! :p

They should really implement trading even though if it were only for 4th place items for now.

If they do (in my dreams) you give me the sleigh & I'll happily bid my candy cane statue farewell to thee, everybody happy.

Natasha_07
12-11-14, 01:10 PM
If they bring the gingerbread box on discount this month, I'll be tempted to try for the express or the castle, but no more snowglobes or couches for me.

PoisonThorne
12-11-14, 01:16 PM
Oooooh, ohhhhhh, ahhhhh, gingerbread box *drool* :p I have nothing from that box, so I'd be happy with about anything....till I get 4 of them anyway!!!

nukesters2
12-11-14, 04:31 PM
if you have android you can get that version of Christmas RS and buy that box from that.

Oh I do not want to hear that!! :( I do not have an android or access to one....but I have been looking at getting an ipad mini, or something similar....I may just go with an android just for this reason!! In the meanwhile.... I have to hunt down someone with an android and borrow it for a wee bit....

nukesters2
12-11-14, 04:33 PM
Loving the gifts and gingerbread house!!! How do you get your pics so big nukesters?

they are all on photobucket....and I use the direct link, and uncheck the box to have them locally stored... if you leave that little box checked, the photo is within this forum and is shown as a thumbnail :)

twospoons
12-11-14, 07:09 PM
candy cane statue. darn. and now i'm tapped out unless i buy more gems. has anyone been paying attention to the time for these box sales? have the other ones lasted until the next week's update? i think i'll keep going---i at least want that snowman, although sleigh would be fantastic.

i have an android, and bought the gingerbread box another couple times recently (still haven't gotten stuck with the couch! yay!) but now i'm waiting to see if it goes on sale in the next couple weeks. hold out hope, nukesters2!

ElaineCarrel
12-11-14, 08:41 PM
I'm looking for the parts required for the 2nd oven here for the challenge. Anybody know what it is? I'll b building them in the morning so I want to b prepared.
Also I can't believe how expensive this challenge is. So far everything is costing more than the items in BS. Now really 10,000 coins for Reindeer Treats? Y can't we just make the stupid things?

PoisonThorne
12-11-14, 11:02 PM
they are all on photobucket....and I use the direct link, and uncheck the box to have them locally stored... if you leave that little box checked, the photo is within this forum and is shown as a thumbnail :)
Ahhhh thanks! Now I feel dumb trying to tack on html size tags, LOL!

eastie41
12-12-14, 12:02 AM
Hi All! Really Love this update. The new appliances are so cute. Love decorating with new items for Christmas. Happy Holidays Everyone. Thanks TeamLava! :cool:

therainbowscafe
12-12-14, 12:31 AM
I'm looking for the parts required for the 2nd oven here for the challenge. Anybody know what it is? I'll b building them in the morning so I want to b prepared.

For the 2nd oven: 4 white springs; 6 holly screwdrivers & 6 snowflakes.

Sieressa
12-12-14, 05:55 AM
For second oven
$50,000 coins to build
Parts are 4white spring, 6 holly screwdrivers, & 6 snowflakes.
The time for first dish is 4hrs long and you have to cook 20 so more than 2 ovens will be needed.��

pieandcream
12-12-14, 07:36 AM
For second oven
$50,000 coins to build
��

WHAT? thats crazy! RS prices keep going up.....many ovens used to be like 10k........
50k, rediculous........completely......25k....well, maybe ok, but 50 is absurd!

LavaRain8
12-12-14, 09:14 AM
WHAT? thats crazy! RS prices keep going up.....many ovens used to be like 10k........
50k, rediculous........completely......25k....well, maybe ok, but 50 is absurd!

That's kind of why I only bought 2 cocoa makers. 30k seemed steep for something that I'm in no rush to be done with. I never buy more than 6 of the 2nd goal appliance anyway, but I may consider just 4. Then again, I hate waiting so long once they get to 8 hours, so I'll probably get the 6 lol.

fatbearsecondary
12-12-14, 10:23 AM
candy cane statue. darn. and now i'm tapped out unless i buy more gems. has anyone been paying attention to the time for these box sales? have the other ones lasted until the next week's update? i think i'll keep going---i at least want that snowman, although sleigh would be fantastic.

I was following the Winter Wonderland box and it expired (I believe) on Sunday night. At least, it was gone Monday. So you have a few days, but it won't last all the way til the update. Good luck!

awesomejujubeans
12-12-14, 05:33 PM
What are the recipes for the second appliance? I can't find any pictures on any other sites. I still have Santa Cider brewing, but am impatient to find out what is next! :)

ElaineCarrel
12-12-14, 06:55 PM
For second oven
$50,000 coins to build
Parts are 4white spring, 6 holly screwdrivers, & 6 snowflakes.
The time for first dish is 4hrs long and you have to cook 20 so more than 2 ovens will be needed.��

I couldn't believe it when I saw the price, but it really didn't matter to me since my restaurant is fully expanded and I've got nothing else to spend my 35,000 coins on.
I had enough holly screwdrivers to build 4 ovens right away, so I did.
So bring it on TL, I'm ready for it.

LavaRain8
12-12-14, 06:56 PM
What are the recipes for the second appliance? I can't find any pictures on any other sites. I still have Santa Cider brewing, but am impatient to find out what is next! :)

Pepperwoo posted it in the Goals thread:

pieandcream
12-12-14, 11:20 PM
Until when will the 2010 holiday gift box be available? i always click close quickly....i hate pop ups...most are....uninteresting >.<

jandtandn
12-13-14, 05:49 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2uh60y0.jpg

I just opened the Holiday box and got the 1st place price in BOTH of my restaurants! It's smaller than I thought it would be. Not much taller than a chair. The Santa from the same box is bigger. I also got two different types of snowmen. I got the Christmas tree in one restaurant and the sleigh in the other. The candy cane statue is not too bad, either. Very tall.

Francys08
12-13-14, 08:36 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2uh60y0.jpg

I just opened the Holiday box and got the 1st place price in BOTH of my restaurants! It's smaller than I thought it would be. Not much taller than a chair. The Santa from the same box is bigger. I also got two different types of snowmen. I got the Christmas tree in one restaurant and the sleigh in the other. The candy cane statue is not too bad, either. Very tall.

congratulation , I have a neighbor who has opened the box four times and the decorations that she has received are not even worth 18 gems.I do not want to open the box because I do not really have good luck with the boxes , normally I always get a fourth prize decorations.

Francys08
12-13-14, 08:42 AM

That is a lot of Holiday trees

neurotika
12-13-14, 11:28 AM
Am i the last to know that prime rib and stuffing are back on the ovens?!

bella7257
12-13-14, 05:23 PM
Can I make a request iOS users can't get any gingerbread items !!( I want the house can't we get the box that android has not fair ((

ElaineCarrel
12-13-14, 05:31 PM
Can I make a request iOS users can't get any gingerbread items !!( I want the house can't we get the box that android has not fair ((
I so agree. It's 1 of the downfalls of being an iOS user. We're unable to access all older versions that the android users r able to along w all the neat items that go along w them. Which means we're also unable to get at those mystery boxes that've been long since removed.

rheina
12-14-14, 04:21 AM
Every day on a reset I get a pop up message and it says something about Frosty Fountain in Goals, along with the Reindeers etc. blah blah. But I do not see such item. Where is this elusive Frosty fountain?

VanaCatu
12-14-14, 06:53 AM
well, frosty fountain is the first oven from christmas goals >>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76083-Restaurant-Story-Christmas-Goals-Dec-10-2014

TheLegendKid08
12-14-14, 08:51 AM
I opened the Holliday box and I got Santa Claus ,Looks very nice.

http://i.imgur.com/X1pZh1A.jpg

LalaSmooth
12-14-14, 12:16 PM
I got a stupid coat rack and a Christmas treee which I am loving

Natasha_07
12-14-14, 12:19 PM
I opened the Holliday box and I got Santa Claus ,Looks very nice.

http://i.imgur.com/X1pZh1A.jpg

Where did you get the snowman ?

TheLegendKid08
12-14-14, 12:33 PM
Where did you get the snowman ?

From the holliday box.You can open the box for 18 gems, that was the way I got it.But if you try the box you never know what you could get.

Natasha_07
12-14-14, 12:50 PM
From the holliday box.You can open the box for 18 gems, that was the way I got it.But if you try the box you never know what you could get.

Thanks for replying, already got the candy cane statue and the Christmas tree. Don't think I'm going to try again (wanted the sleigh), BTW the snowman from the box reminds me of the buildable snowman chef.

TheLegendKid08
12-14-14, 01:36 PM
Thanks for replying, already got the candy cane statue and the Christmas tree. Don't think I'm going to try again (wanted the sleigh), BTW the snowman from the box reminds me of the buildable snowman chef.

Your welcome.I only opened the box once because when you get a decoration sometimes is not even worth 18 gems its very disappointing.I'm very glad what I received.Sometimes the first two times you get something nice , it only the luck.

Sieressa
12-14-14, 03:39 PM
I only brought 4 ovens and I am on the last recipe now probably finish around Tuesday since its 8 hours, the price is twice as much as bakery story.

DLL137
12-16-14, 06:18 AM
Tried once more yesterday for the Santa but got the tree which I can't complain about! All in all I got the gingerbread house, pile of gifts, sleigh, candy cane statue and the tree! Feel so lucky no repeats although I would happily have had another candy cane statue to have a set after all ;)
Just wanted to let all know the box is totally gone. I had a feeling it was going to coincide with the LTO stuff :( too bad I would have had one more go before this weeks end if it was still around, C'est la vie - let's hope for the gingerbread box! I'll buy more gems for that baby!