PDA

View Full Version : What are the best trees to plant?

Sterreque
12-08-14, 08:34 PM
What are the best trees to plant? What are their differences? Does anyone know? Thx in advance

Sterreque (ID)

dirtycakes6
12-08-14, 08:37 PM
Good question! I need to start my stock of fancy beams!!

ShibuyaCloth
12-09-14, 12:01 AM
In my sap quest to glue the world together, I planted pine trees. My best trade.

The latest expansion have left me with a huge forest to chop, around 60 trees to get rid of.

SpiritWind00
12-09-14, 12:40 AM
What are the best trees to plant? What are their differences? Does anyone know? Thx in advance

Sterreque (ID)

Drop rates of sap are the same for all trees. Every chop you get wood. There are different chop counts, different tree sizes, but in the end if you are looking for just wood, you can always go with a dead tree or log pile. It really comes down to the look and colour of tree you want in your kingdom if you want them for decoration.

ghjvcucjb
12-09-14, 12:53 AM
This isn't in regards to the best tree but a suggestion to pick out the trees that appeal the most to you or looks the best with your decor and always have some fully grown some place. After a while you will be maxed out on sap and wood if you have both saw mills. But on a regular bases new goals and updates require mass amounts of these items and it's always nice to already have a bunch ready to go. Otherwise you have to wait to water them then cut them down and with the timed goals this can be irritating. I used the red acer as a hedge around my university area in my kingdom. And when needed, cut and replace.

reliquary
12-09-14, 09:23 AM
I plant a lot of trees...lol...that's an understatement...lol
My whole kingdom is trees.

Imo the red and yellow acers are the best...fast to grow and plenty of sap if you need it.
The oak trees are very good too. They are cheap but they have ~1hour between waterings to grow.
Pine trees are also very good but pricey if your planting a lot
Willow and elm are the bigger sized 2x2 ones and slow to grow
And at the bottom of the list are the white birch, aspen, and crabapple. They don't have many chops for wood, not too sappy and are kinda the weeds in my forest.

But as stated below dead trees are great if you only want wood and come ready to chop.
As do old logs and plant in a log...they drop mushrooms and petals.

When I first was playing the game and doing nothing but upgrading buildings, I must have planted hundreds of sap trees!
They have the best return on sap for 8 chops.

There was a spreadsheet that listed all of the nature>plants & animals growth rate and drops
I can't seem to find it:confused:
Dabag or Maguar I'm sure has the link somewhere in their guides

PurpleScorpion76
12-10-14, 03:35 AM
I plant a lot of trees...lol...that's an understatement...lol
My whole kingdom is trees.

I can verify this ;)

I should add if it's just chopping stick to the best value for money I've just planted 9 aspen for wood pretty stocked on sap but need to restock my wood before tomorrow's update. If it's prettiness I'm a fan of the red acer and crab apple.