PDA

View Full Version : Please help new device question

Lisa0107
12-07-14, 11:11 AM
I need some help please. I have an IPOD 4th gen and I can't even open my game anymore. I have seen lots of posts saying my device is old and cannot support the game. I am considering buying an IPOD 5th gen but I don't know if I can get my game transferred to the new device. I have seen some posts that say yes and some that say no...I am really confused and I don't want to spend all the money on a new device if I can't get my game on it. I have spent too much money on this game to loose it and start over. So.. can someone (maybe a moderator or anyone who knows for sure) answer if I can transfer it to an IPOD 5 (not an I phone..but an IPOD 5.) And some instructions that are simple to understand. I don't know anything about electronics or how all this stuff even works so if someone can explain it in easy to understand sentences that a 49 year old woman who knows nothing about this stuff can I understand I would very much appreciate it. I even considered going to the Geek Squad...does that sounds like a good idea? thank you for your help!

PernReloaded
12-07-14, 03:04 PM
The game absolutely can be transferred to a new device. All you have to do is go to the app store from your new device and download it, and then use your Storm8 ID and password to log in.

Your game information isn't stored in the device itself - it's accessed remotely on the game server (think of it like logging into your email - your email isn't stored on your computer, it's stored on your email provider's server). As long as you have your Storm8 ID and password - which is what you use to log into this forum - you can log into your game from *any* device that has the app installed.

Vodelle
12-07-14, 03:08 PM
Well, to be a bit more specific -- Fantasy Forest Story itself does not have a Storm8 ID log-in feature. What you will need to do is download another game onto your new device (say, Restaurant Story) which does have a Storm8 ID log-in feature. It takes like a minute to get through the tutorial in that game, after which you can click on the Storm8 logo in the top right and sign into your account. Then when you download & install Fantasy Forest Story, you should have access to your old account in that game, too.

That said, you will need to have created that Storm8 ID in the first place on your old device -- if you never did that and can't access it now, you might be out of luck. If you created a Storm8 ID but didn't create a password for it, you will need to email TeamLava customer support and they will help you transfer your data to your new ipod. (I also can't comment on whether the slightly newer ipod will be able to run the game, but hopefully it can.)

edit: and, er, you probably do have a Storm8 ID, since as far as I can tell that's what we're all using to post on these forums, haha.

Lisa0107
12-07-14, 04:05 PM
thank you so much, both of you. I do have a storm ID and password and I play both Restaurant and Bakery Story so I think I will be good to go. My son has an IPOD 5 but he does not want me to download my game to his, he is afraid it will mess up his stuff. Now that I understand a little better how it works I'll ask him again. Thank you guys so much. Very helpful.

2manykitties
12-08-14, 12:06 AM
Thank you for posting this. I just got a new iPad and couldn't figure out how to transfer from the old one. At level 602 and a ton of gems! This worked easily.

dreamwithcharry
12-08-14, 06:17 AM
I bought a new ipad I opened bakery story to find having to start a new bakery whn I opened it did not give me a choice to put my storm & password I do not have old device help how do I transfer lost bakery to new device without having access to old device I'm going crazy also how do I access game to play online from new device

PernReloaded
12-08-14, 10:44 AM
I bought a new ipad I opened bakery story to find having to start a new bakery whn I opened it did not give me a choice to put my storm & password I do not have old device help how do I transfer lost bakery to new device without having access to old device I'm going crazy also how do I access game to play online from new device

Like Vodelle posted, simply opening the game doesn't give you the ID/password option. You need to click on the Storm8 logo in the upper right hand corner - it's the blue helmeted head on a white background. When you click that, at the top will be an option to change your account settings. That is where you can switch accounts.

FrozenTurtle
12-08-14, 01:02 PM
For more information about the login feature, check out this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!)! :)

cookiebook322
12-30-15, 11:32 AM
I have accidentally created a new storm ID when I got a new iPad but I want to transfer the data is there any way I can log out of the one I have made and re log in as my real one??

LonePudding
12-31-15, 01:06 PM
I have accidentally created a new storm ID when I got a new iPad but I want to transfer the data is there any way I can log out of the one I have made and re log in as my real one??

If you create a password for the account you are using now, you can log into your original account (which should've had a password set) and without losing access to your new account!

If you don't mind losing the account you just created on your iPad, just go to the S8 logo in the right hand corner of FFS, and press account settings. You should see something like "switch accounts" or "log into a different account". Then enter the username and password for your original account!

I hope that made sense!

Clark_Wayne
01-01-16, 12:41 AM
Well, to be a bit more specific -- Fantasy Forest Story itself does not have a Storm8 ID log-in feature. What you will need to do is download another game onto your new device (say, Restaurant Story) which does have a Storm8 ID log-in feature. It takes like a minute to get through the tutorial in that game, after which you can click on the Storm8 logo in the top right and sign into your account. Then when you download & install Fantasy Forest Story, you should have access to your old account in that game, too.

That said, you will need to have created that Storm8 ID in the first place on your old device -- if you never did that and can't access it now, you might be out of luck. If you created a Storm8 ID but didn't create a password for it, you will need to email TeamLava customer support and they will help you transfer your data to your new ipod. (I also can't comment on whether the slightly newer ipod will be able to run the game, but hopefully it can.)

edit: and, er, you probably do have a Storm8 ID, since as far as I can tell that's what we're all using to post on these forums, haha.

FFS has now login in feature so you just need to create your password if you didn't then you can login in with your new device
about your ipod 4th/ipod 5th gen : just make sure your new device got big RAM . i used to play on iPad mini but i had to switch on iPad air2 because FFS need to much RAM