PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the Haunted Hall?

jinka7
12-07-14, 03:21 AM
I didn't start the game until after the Halloween event was over, but I still have the option to buy it for 20,000 coins.

I'd read somewhere that you can collect wisp lanterns and earth wisps from it, but I assume that's only from it being level 5, which I assume I'd have to gem through.

So should I get it? It looks so tempting, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Any suggestions/information would be nice. ^.^

SpiritWind00
12-07-14, 03:58 AM
I didn't start the game until after the Halloween event was over, but I still have the option to buy it for 20,000 coins.

I'd read somewhere that you can collect wisp lanterns and earth wisps from it, but I assume that's only from it being level 5, which I assume I'd have to gem through.

I'd be more tempted to get the KINGDOM INN as that drops wisps every collection. A L5 HH has only dropped 1 lantern since it finished for me and I collect from it nearly every 2 waking hours. But wait and see what others say too.

jbfps116
12-07-14, 04:22 AM
I'm pretty disappointed in the drop rate for the HH... I HARDLY ever get anything from it. I wouldn't buy it

ciarjen
12-07-14, 04:41 AM

If it is only for coins, I would get it just to add to your collection n in case it is not always available. It looks good and you can always put it in storage if you need the space. Mine has never dropped anything but coins so I don't collect from it any more.

I think SpiritWind means the Kingdom Inn drops earth wisps every collection, not the Reindeer Stable but that one costs gems and not coins.

piperonline
12-07-14, 08:20 AM
I put my haunted hall in storage. And ciarjen is right that the Kingdom Inn drops wisps every time. The reindeer stable drops lots of sugar, which made the Halloween event much easier for me. Of the three, the reindeer is the only one I consistently collect from, although I am using the inn right now while I work on expansions.

SpiritWind00
12-07-14, 01:34 PM
Oops! Thanks guys! Yes, Inn is what I meant.... :) I just put away R/stable and got out the Inn as I just maxed on ice cream, now back to making lanterns and wisp drops help. But, yes it's a gem buy.

AuntyRose32
12-07-14, 01:56 PM
The HH looks very cool, I do love having it in my kingdom but it has never dropped anything for me so I don't even bother to collect from it anymore. So if you're only getting it for the resources it gives it's not worth it but if you want it so you have a spooky house in your kingdom it's definitely worth it because I never tire of looking at it, makes me smile everytime. As other above posters have said, the Kingdom Inn and Reindeer Stable drop consistently so they are probably a better choice. Decisions, descisions....it's hard to choose sometimes.

katbtodd
12-07-14, 02:30 PM
I have gotten wisps ,lantarns and the yellow essense yes from my HH

Liloze
12-07-14, 06:30 PM

Same here :)

SpiritWind00
12-07-14, 06:51 PM

Same here :)

Oh, so that's where all the drops are going.... Liloze, is there no end to your run of good luck you are having with drops! I hope it continues for you, but Hmmm, yep, totally jealous. :)

I agree it's a great colour and design though and for the avid CS addict, I mean collector, a must have if only for that reason!

jinka7
12-07-14, 07:49 PM
But a level 1 hall wouldn't drop anything, right? So both of them would technically be gem purchases?

ghjvcucjb
12-07-14, 07:59 PM
I can only give my experience. I have never received anything from my level 5 haunted Hall. I put it in storage and pulled it out when I read that it gave out wisps and lanterns and I was working on this last set of expansions. In 9 collections I only got coins and xps. So put it back in storage. As someone else said earlier, I would go with the reindeer stable as it's much more reliable for useful drops.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-08-14, 07:27 AM
The fact that the HH is available in the market after the H'ween event has ended doesn't really even make sense, since there's no way for anyone to get the paper bats & ghosts now, to upgrade it. ...and new players wouldn't even KNOW that until after they've made the purchase. Somehow that seems kinda sneaky & wrong cuz other buildings in the market either come fully made or have the means (or a quest) to get the parts needed for the upgrades.
And I thought that's what made some things a SPECIAL event item ... They're only available DURING THAT EVENT. The pyre tent isn't in the market for purchase after the midsummer event, nor is the gazebo. Weird that the HH is.

I imagine it'd take A LOT of gems to get it to level 5, since you'd have to gem-purchase every bat & ghost needed (and the requirements for those increases with ea level!). Maybe a scan of the H'ween event thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74129-Castle-Update-10-16-Halloween-Event!)will give you an idea of how many gems it would take before you decide to use the $20k coins? (Sorry, I don't recall how many gems those parchment items cost.)

Ps. My HH has dropped wisps, lanterns and lumin essence.... But only very rarely. It mostly drops coins I don't need. But at lv 5, it looks very cool! (Purple, YAY! Lol)

piperonline
12-08-14, 07:32 AM
The fact that the HH is available in the market after the H'ween event has ended doesn't really even make sense since there's no way for anyone to get the paper bats & ghosts now, to upgrade it.
The pyre tent isn't in the market for purchase after the midsummer event, nor is the gazebo. Weird.

I imagine it'd take A LOT of gems to get it to level 5, since you'd have to gem-purchase every bat & ghost needed (and the requirements for those increases with ea level!). Maybe a scan of the H'ween event thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74129-Castle-Update-10-16-Halloween-Event!)will give you an idea of how many gems it would take before you decide to use the $20k coins? (Sorry, I don't recall how much they cost.)

Ps. My HH has dropped wisps, lanterns and lumin essence.... But only very rarely. It mostly drops coins I don't need. But at lv 5, it looks very cool! (Purple, YAY! Lol)

This would need to be substantiated by someone who has done it, but I seem to recall that people who bought the harvest pergola after the event got the fully upgraded version that drops items. So perhaps the haunted hall would be the same?

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-08-14, 07:37 AM
This would need to be substantiated by someone who has done it, but I seem to recall that people who bought the harvest pergola after the event got the fully upgraded version that drops items. So perhaps the haunted hall would be the same?

Hmm... I might bite the bullet and buy it from my baby acct, just to see if it's lv 5 or not. LOL Dare me? Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-08-14, 07:46 AM

I checked from my baby acct ... The picture in the market of the HH is the lv 1 bldg and says it produces $100/2 hrs, leading one to believe that it's not fully upgraded. Perhaps someone from TL could get on this thread and confirm whether this building comes as level 5 or with a way to get bats & ghosts to upgrade it or if they can only be acquired by purchasing for gems in the upgrade windows...?

SpiritWind00
12-08-14, 01:53 PM
I'll find out and let you know ASAP!

piperonline
12-08-14, 03:36 PM
Hmm... I might bite the bullet and buy it from my baby acct, just to see if it's lv 5 or not. LOL Dare me? Lol

Don't do it! My memory is sketchy at best. Though I am better at remembering CS stuff than RL stuff sometimes. ;)

Queenzod
12-08-14, 05:36 PM
I'll find out and let you know ASAP!

This might be a good thing to include in the alphabetical Hub listings. Whether or not an item/building bought with gems comes fully upgraded or not. I seem to recall this question being asked a lot, and I can never remember the answer!

SpiritWind00
12-08-14, 06:59 PM
I agree QZ! I always have to wade through threads trying to find those answers too. Good idea...

Tiggerddh
12-08-14, 08:21 PM
I have occasionally gotten wisps, lanterns and I think maybe once a yellow essence but for the most part it's just coins. I keep it because I like the way it looks, kind of an Adams family kind of thing and I put the bountiful table next to it for the same reason..

labsandboxers
12-09-14, 04:00 PM
I also have decent drops. But I like it mostly for the Geselda section of my kingdom

bookadey
12-09-14, 07:04 PM
For a coin purchase, I think it would be worth it. When I was at lower levels, all coin buildings helped raise money for me. At level 34, I still keep my coin buildings out to raise funds for expansions. The drops I receive from the haunted house are rare (about 1 every 10 collections), but I get a wisp, lumin essence, or even a lantern (twice). I keep it out for these rare drops, but wait to collect from it if I'm short on energy. If it was a gem purchase, I'd skip it. Also, I doubt it would be for sale if it had to be leveled up with items that are unattainable.

NorthWoodsKingdom
12-09-14, 08:32 PM
....... Also, I doubt it would be for sale if it had to be leveled up with items that are unattainable.
Well, believe it.
I bought it on my baby account ...and it comes as a new build, with simple building material requirements to make it level 1 ... But then, get this.. Each bat & ghost costs TEN GEMS each. That's right, just to get it to level 2 costs 200 gems!!!! (Since there is no other way to get the bats & ghosts now).
Ridiculous that this item is still in the market this long after the H'ween event with no way to get it to level 5 without using HUNDREDS of gems.

SpiritWind00
12-09-14, 10:26 PM
That's what I thought would happen...

I have reported, but haven't heard back yet. Those players considering whether or not to buy it, please don't purchase it yet until either TL or myself post again. Cheers!

Mikachernova
12-09-14, 10:29 PM
I am also getting lanterns, whisps and yellow essences. Regularly, not every time though

bookadey
12-09-14, 10:36 PM
Well, believe it.
I bought it on my baby account ...and it comes as a new build, with simple building material requirements to make it level 1 ... But then, get this.. Each bat & ghost costs TEN GEMS each. That's right, just to get it to level 2 costs 200 gems!!!! (Since there is no other way to get the bats & ghosts now).
Ridiculous that this item is still in the market this long after the H'ween event with no way to get it to level 5 without using HUNDREDS of gems.

Wow! - I stand corrected - definitely not worth it if it has to be leveled up. I was going to try it on my son's account but he is only level 13 and it's not available yet. Hopefully, TL will either take it out of the market, have it come fully leveled or at least be able to level it up with current materials.

Thanks for testing that NWK.

kellbell710
12-27-14, 09:24 AM
I bought the haunted hall for 20k gems and a useless jack lantern for 150 gems. The jack o lantern did nothing but drop a few coins. Why was it still available for purchase well into December if it didn't work after Halloween? I sent an email to TL as suggested on the forum only to have the agent at TL tell me to be patient because these RARE items take time to drop. I've spent more $$$ than I care to admit so are they being honest or was this agent sending me a generic reply and telling me too bad, so sad, hate to be you?

SerenityNov14
12-27-14, 10:12 AM
ha, I won somehow a pumpkin shed and did wait for 2 days and put it into storage, I guess it's good for Halloween only. Just a thought, because I joined also after Haloween.
And about: is it worth it, I see glimmerdust trove, in description it says: as a decor, but I wonder, does it give you any glimmer at all?

kellbell710
12-27-14, 10:35 AM
The glimmer dust trove does give glimmer dust. You can collect from it every 4 hours. It usually gives between 1 to 3 glimmerdust.

SerenityNov14
12-27-14, 10:57 AM
The glimmer dust trove does give glimmer dust. You can collect from it every 4 hours. It usually gives between 1 to 3 glimmerdust.

Thank you kindly, I will collect some diamonds and then get 40 glimmers to build Ivy's House and get cracking with other problems, like magic ink
I suspected that the info is false, it should say that it gives you crafting materials and not that this is for decorating your kingdom, I saw some have few of them

my2place
01-10-15, 08:45 AM
I just noticed that the HH isn't available in the market anymore ... I went there to get some spooky towers (I like them as corners and other decorations, not just for Halloween) and they are gone too as well as other spooky stuff - walls, tree, paths :(
I was debating putting my HH in storage because it hasn't given my much more than just coins for quite awhile now, but the last collection gave me a lumin essence, so guess I'll keep it out for awhile longer :)

QueenEverly
01-10-15, 04:28 PM
I've actually been getting quite a bit from the HH lately - several wisps, a couple lanterns and even a lumin essence. I'm getting more from it now than I did during the Halloween quest! No complaints here :)

VanaCatu
01-13-15, 07:43 AM
this is very useful thread for me, but i still have questions... ):

i've built hounted hall more than month ago. don't know even why, for good order sake maybe, lol )))
i've also built bountiful table (same reason i guess). i was on lower level and not always even got monthly goals.

so i have both buildings lvl.1, and no way to upgrade it, as the spares were special and not craftable any more...
i put them to storage since i have not much space to keep useless things out.

the question is:

do hounted hall and bountiful table drop anything but coins if they are level 1 only?

second question is:

i found in your guides that kingdom inn if bought for gems - is fully built (lvl.5).

wht about reindeer stable?

if stable comes lvl.1, impossibe to upgrade, will it drop me all those useful things being level 1 only?

and last small thing... in other guides i read that:

- reindeer stable drops sugar, ice cream and fur
- kingdom inn drops wisps.

but on 1st page here, i read that reindeer stable drops wisps every time.

so do i have to buy only stable then?

(why spending on inn, if stable gives everything?)

SpiritWind00
01-13-15, 05:14 PM
Hi Vana, this is for you...

Level 1 table and haunted hall will only drop coins yes. Only once they are fully upgraded will they drop items.

Kingdom Inn and Reindeer Stable come fully built if you buy with gems. The stable drops sugar and ice cream and the Inn is what drops Earth Wisps. I'll have a look at the first page and fix it if it's wrong... :)

VanaCatu
01-14-15, 03:04 AM
Thank you very much! :)

mikado86
01-15-15, 06:09 PM
Buy it while you can, coins are nothing, it doesnt matter if you dont finish it right now (its prolly going to cost you like 400 gems anyways), but youll have the option to do it latter on, once its gone of the market well... its gone

Anaboe
01-21-15, 06:58 PM
Not entirely true. I bought the reindeer stable for coins but could never finish it in time. Bought a second stable for 200 gems. Now, fully upgrading my first stalles will cost me more than 200 gems. I can't sell it, and I don't feel like finishing it for 260 gems, if a new one only costs 200 gems.

So of me, it would have been better not to buy it for coins, but for gems.

mreames
04-30-15, 11:29 PM
Forgive me for reviving an old thread but I have a question..... The upgrade of the haunted hall to level 5 requires a chandelier that I don't have.... Anyone know if it's available for gems at level 4 and how many if it is? (Grrr... I would've gotten the chandelier if I had remembered to collect something before the timer expired but I was in another time zone than normal at the time and forgot to adjust for that. Lol) I don't want to spent a couple hundred gems to get it to level 4 just to find a dead end. ;)

ShibuyaCloth
05-01-15, 12:29 AM
You can buy everything with gems. I don't know the price as I have the chandelier, bat & ghost cost respectively 4 & 7 gems each. I must say I never gather from my HH, I don't need coins and the drops are too rare to be worth my energy.

mreames
05-01-15, 12:53 AM
You can buy everything with gems. I don't know the price as I have the chandelier, bat & ghost cost respectively 4 & 7 gems each. I must say I never gather from my HH, I don't need coins and the drops are too rare to be worth my energy.

Hmmm at level 3 the bats and ghosts costs 10 gems each on this account. I have all of the gem bought buildings so thought about upgrading this but the great unknown is the chandelier. Lol if your HH is only level 4 it wouldn't drop anything anyway.

ShibuyaCloth
05-01-15, 01:19 AM
Yes my HH on this account is L4 and in storage. On my primary it is in my spooky corner, but nearly never touch it. It is a deco item ;)

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-Morgor-2015.03.jpg

mreames
05-01-15, 01:34 AM
Ahhh, of course, I should have known... 2 accts. lol ;) as do I. Well, they have pictures for upgrading every level except level 5. Are the bats and ghosts really 4 and 7 gems at level 4? They show as 10 gems each in the pictures at all other levels is why I ask. ;) thanks, by the wY, for letting me know what you know. :) I hope maybe storm8 can answer about the chandelier. :)

Yes my HH on this account is L4 and in storage. On my primary it is in my spooky corner, but nearly never touch it. It is a deco item ;)

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-Morgor-2015.03.jpg

ShibuyaCloth
05-01-15, 02:23 AM
Sorry, I must amend, you are correct, 10 gems each. I was sloppy in reading the numbers. As I have the chandelier on this account, I don't know how much it costs. I won't upgrade to L5 as I need 390 gems for that, I prefer hold back and invest it into something more useful for me, like Alien Mushies!

mreames
05-01-15, 02:46 AM
That's understandable. Thanks again :)

Sorry, I must amend, you are correct, 10 gems each. I was sloppy in reading the numbers. As I have the chandelier on this account, I don't know how much it costs. I won't upgrade to L5 as I need 390 gems for that, I prefer hold back and invest it into something more useful for me, like Alien Mushies!