PDA

View Full Version : Reindeer 12-5-14

dumbpluff
12-03-14, 01:09 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/9d4cc266646e2ab6421a4f5c8bc0540b/tumblr_inline_nfzalb7zi21qm7yoc.jpg
"You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, but do you know this animal? Leap into winter with the Reindeer in Fantasy Forest Story!"

7 hour breeding & incubation
?? hour evolution
rare
christmas/fire type animal

locotesx3
12-03-14, 01:15 AM
Guess if I would have waited 10 mins before I posted my thread I could have seen this. Hahah.
Thanks for posting.

dumbpluff
12-03-14, 01:24 AM
you're actually the reason i even got around to it, so no, thank you! usually i just wait around for the smart people to find this info and feed off their work lmao. so it was nice to help out for a change, and the animal's super interesting too to boot! i have no regrets at all.

i'm so surprised at what a skyscraper we're looking at, though. he's huuuge!

arikatu
12-03-14, 01:28 AM
I'll bask in that Christmas glow. It's December, right?

Ahahaha, I love the bells on the antlers! And how it's not too over-the-top in its theme. Winter -> snow -> sleigh -> sleigh bells and REINDEERS.

Since it's called a RAINdeer, you'd think water would be in the mix, but the red and green implies nature and fire.

WHELP. Whatever it is, I'm totally up to getting into that holiday spirit!

ETA: Since we've got the name cleared up, it's probably safe to assume it's definitely fire/nature!

sanya87
12-03-14, 03:28 AM
oh looks like another "limited" animal is coming... it is cute, so let's hope we will have more than a week to get it!

sweetypies97
12-03-14, 04:28 AM
lol it looks like he is wearing socks! cute!

Crr008
12-03-14, 05:14 AM
Very cute. I hope he is not too hard to get.

EviBrooklyn
12-03-14, 05:23 AM
Oh he is so cute... I think I'll keep him as a baby

readysetgo888
12-03-14, 06:47 AM
Yeah... RAINdeer suggests a water animal, otherwise it's just a spelling mistake.

Other than being disappointed about them not doing the cute pun, I think it looks nice.

AuntyRose32
12-03-14, 06:56 AM
Oh boy....I love him. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get him. Such great detail, love the bells!

Vodelle
12-03-14, 08:35 AM
I feel like the only one who's not into this animal (I was never much a fan of reindeer, though). Plantlers is cool but I feel traumatized any time I get one since they're so common, and now this...

readysetgo888
12-03-14, 08:42 AM
I'm just grateful it doesn't fly and isn't a bird clone.

ninasidstorm8
12-03-14, 09:10 AM
The rack on its head looks a lot more like a moose to me than a reindeer. Looks like an Earth habitat and the coloring looks like Nature to me. I would expect a more bluish color for water to go with the Rain. My guess is that it will be an Earth/Water creature, we already have plenty of Earth/Nature creatures.

Hawksmoor
12-03-14, 09:15 AM
I'm just grateful it doesn't fly and isn't a bird clone.

But reindeer's do fly! At least, Rudolph does ;-)

readysetgo888
12-03-14, 09:38 AM
But reindeer's do fly! At least, Rudolph does ;-)

LOL well now that you mention that, a reindeer with wings would actually have been kind of cool...

It's definitely a Fire animal, probably Nature-Fire since it's red and green.

Vodelle
12-03-14, 09:50 AM
The rack on its head looks a lot more like a moose to me than a reindeer. Looks like an Earth habitat and the coloring looks like Nature to me. I would expect a more bluish color for water to go with the Rain. My guess is that it will be an Earth/Water creature, we already have plenty of Earth/Nature creatures.
Oh yeah, its moose-like look is probably why I don't like it so much.

That's a fire habitat, though. I'd guess fire/nature given its coloring.

infinitelove19
12-03-14, 10:09 AM

I was thinking red/green is most likely, but why, oh why did they not even attempt modifications to make it more deer and less moose??? Less tall, different horns, slight alterations.
Feels kind of early to me for Christmas themed animals, but then I am still in denial about it being December. ;-)

Have to admit I kind of hope we have a world community event for Christmas, so long as they don't make it overly difficult to get the prizes. ;-)

jim23cash
12-03-14, 10:17 AM
Reindeer do have more moose-like antlers. They aren't like regular deer. They are like somewhere between a moose and an elk; BIG, with thicker, heavier antlers. Otherwise, they would look just like deer. Good luck everyone! :) Annie

AuntyRose32
12-03-14, 10:18 AM
You guys have a point, Reinmoose would probably be a better name for it. It is very tall and moose looking but I see a reindeer in there somewhere too. I still love it and want it :)

Hawksmoor
12-03-14, 10:44 AM
I'm wondering if the "Raindeer" on the title of this thread may be a typo which is throwing people off? When you check TL's Facebook page and blog they mention that it's a plain ole "Reindeer" (no play on words)...I could be mistaken though?

ninasidstorm8
12-03-14, 11:26 AM

Your right that is a fire habitat. I need to pay more attention to detail than color. Fire/Nature would make sense since the Fallaby only makes 5 Nature/Fire creatures. I would have thought that Rain would imply water. I still don't have a Fallaby, so that would give me two to try for.

bluefoxcrystal
12-03-14, 12:19 PM
I'd say fire, nature(?) for christmas colours. It's baby form is really cute! :D IF I get it... Staying a baby for suresers!

PernReloaded
12-03-14, 12:38 PM
I'm wondering if the "Raindeer" on the title of this thread may be a typo which is throwing people off? When you check TL's Facebook page and blog they mention that it's a plain ole "Reindeer" (no play on words)...I could be mistaken though?

It's most likely a mistake on TL's FB page - after all, literally EVERY animal they come out with has a nature-based play on words. Why would Reindeer/Raindeer be any different?

Anycase, it's cute, definitely will be trying for it an putting my bets on nature/fire since holiday colors!

flowless
12-03-14, 01:11 PM
Kinda was hoping to have some time off limited animals and actually try for others like ruby and even rampage
This animal is cute but I would loved to see it 2 weeks after rather than now

dumbpluff
12-03-14, 07:01 PM
oh oops-- it's a typo on my part, actually! i just immediately assumed the name from when i saw it before in the wee hours of the morning. i copied the blurb directly, so it's actually my error. whoops!

could kooky or someone edit that title before the mistake keeps going on?

kooky panda
12-03-14, 07:37 PM
oh oops-- it's a typo on my part, actually! i just immediately assumed the name from when i saw it before in the wee hours of the morning. i copied the blurb directly, so it's actually my error. whoops!

could kooky or someone edit that title before the mistake keeps going on?

Title edited:)

dumbpluff
12-03-14, 09:31 PM
Title edited:)

thank you, kooky, you're a saint ; v ;

intrinsicallyknotted
12-03-14, 09:46 PM
Actually, the antlers ARE different than the Spruce Moose: they have more gaps in them. They look to me like a fanciful approximation of a real caribou's (reindeer's) antlers. Ironically, to me the rest of the body shape looks more moose-like than reindeer like to me.

I like it! It's festive without being too silly, and a very handsome creature besides! (But I'm particularly fond of ungulates in any case.)

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 07:10 AM
I was curious so I just googled for pictures of reindeer and moose... I would say they didn't quite make the antlers thin enough on this guy compared to the Spruce Moose. I like the design overall even if it's sort of a weird moose-reindeer hybrid lol.

I am glad that it doesn't look like Christmas barfed all over this guy, so he'll still fit in after the holidays. I hope most of the animals are like that.

Petasos
12-04-14, 11:54 AM
Is it too much to ask for some new creature types? This is just a clone of the spruce moose which is just a slightly modified plantlers with a different head. TL is just plain lazy with the artwork. This really starting to get on my nerves. Just because it is a Christmas theme I am suppose to ignore the fact that they just re-gifted a spruce moose? I do not think so. Have a little pride TL, do a little work, you are getting paid to do it.

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 12:18 PM
Is it too much to ask for some new creature types? This is just a clone of the spruce moose which is just a slightly modified plantlers with a different head. TL is just plain lazy with the artwork. This really starting to get on my nerves. Just because it is a Christmas theme I am suppose to ignore the fact that they just re-gifted a spruce moose? I do not think so. Have a little pride TL, do a little work, you are getting paid to do it.

I thoroughly agree... The Reindeer bothers me much less than the lazy ugly Falconch clone we got stuck with as the Gem-Electric animal, but yeah. I'm tired of practically identical bird clones and ferret clones as well. To be fair, I do like some of the new animals but if this clone thing continues to be super obvious in most new designs, that would make me want to quit faster than anything else.

We would ALL prefer that TL slow down with the new and limited animals, and TAKE THEIR TIME to design NEW ones. Good for us because 1) we feel less pressure to breed only for the new ones while never being able to go back and try for the older ones and 2) we get cuter, more unique animals.

But not good for TL.... Clone animals means less work for them. Many clone animals released at once means more gems spent by people desperate to breed them all.

Personally, I'm not getting excited or bothering to try for any more obvious clones. I already will never try for the GemConch.

I do like the Reindeer though...

hocusplumcus
12-04-14, 12:49 PM
I think you guys are going to be surprised tomorrow :p

Hawksmoor
12-04-14, 12:50 PM

Tease! :p

Hawksmoor
12-04-14, 12:52 PM
World Event????? :D :D

Petasos
12-04-14, 01:45 PM
I thoroughly agree... The Reindeer bothers me much less than the lazy ugly Falconch clone we got stuck with as the Gem-Electric animal, but yeah. I'm tired of practically identical bird clones and ferret clones as well. To be fair, I do like some of the new animals but if this clone thing continues to be super obvious in most new designs, that would make me want to quit faster than anything else.

We would ALL prefer that TL slow down with the new and limited animals, and TAKE THEIR TIME to design NEW ones. Good for us because 1) we feel less pressure to breed only for the new ones while never being able to go back and try for the older ones and 2) we get cuter, more unique animals.

But not good for TL.... Clone animals means less work for them. Many clone animals released at once means more gems spent by people desperate to breed them all.

Personally, I'm not getting excited or bothering to try for any more obvious clones. I already will never try for the GemConch.

I do like the Reindeer though...

If you look closely you will see they have wire models for heads, feet, wings, bodies, tails, etc. They just apply a new image to the models and combine them and whala, a new animal. The problem is they are not creating new models so all we get are a barrage of animals with different body parts, or the scale is manipulated. The reason is so we will spend gems to speed breed and not miss any of these "new" animals, which is why they will not slow down. They will continue to not answer or address our complaints about the number of animals being released and the lack of variety. Unfortunately, we really have not seen anything new since the pigs were released, and how many pig variations have we seen since then? Frankenswine, harvest hedgehog, arboar, razorback, porkupine. One after the other because they were actually new. When we are sick of them they go back to pyro pony ripoffs (unicorinicopia, treebra, zapra). Looks like we will have a run on moose clones now. They are making a ton of money off of us and I think we deserve more work on their part. This is just a blatant reuse of existing content.

EviBrooklyn
12-04-14, 02:22 PM

New element?

Hawksmoor
12-04-14, 02:25 PM
New element?

hmmm, interesting. I know there's a part of the new expansion area that you can't "expand" to yet. Maybe another animal hidden in the trees like the Frostfang and Lightning Leopard?

flowless
12-04-14, 02:28 PM

Such a tease :p

Any way looking to be surprised tomorrow

But I agree with al regarding designs

I don't like clones few that worked was treebra but most are not interesting at all
I still admire the uniqu ones in the game
And still waiting to see my octopus, and ice habit (white or snow ) that holds penguins, seals and polar bears

I don't like this one much but if they realsed it of course gonna try for it
Looks like green and red
TL I chose your games mostly cuz your best in designs overall

zenobia42
12-04-14, 02:50 PM
I am glad that it doesn't look like Christmas barfed all over this guy, so he'll still fit in after the holidays. I hope most of the animals are like that.
ROFL. Well put!

Nice teaser there. I'm excited to see what is in store for us! Castle Story got a 12 Days of Christmas limited quest so maybe FFS will also get a limited quest of some sort... maybe one involving asking neighbors for stuff wince that was mentioned as something Stormie does in another thread. Or a world event! Collecting... presents? Cranberries? Maybe this guy is the top community prize?

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 02:56 PM
The only reason I think it might be a new element is because of that last plot on the new green island being hidden. New element would make sense.

I don't think we'd be "surprised" by a world event like the Halloween one since most people were expecting that, but of course it could be a different kind of event.

I honestly hope it's not a new element. ESPECIALLY not if we are in for bunches of limited Christmas animals and a world event as well.

zenobia42
12-04-14, 02:56 PM
I doubt it's a new element again already. The toucan hasn't been out a month yet and that's a new element so another tomorrow would mean TWO in under a month.

But I *do* think the mystery square on the new green island will be a new element in another month or so. The last time there was a new element found via expanding, the lightning leopard, we got a couple sneak peeks of him cutely mewling on that plot before we could expand and claim him and the use of his element. So I am hoping for some sneak peeks of the next element like that before he comes too. :) Also, they gave us plenty of time to expand to the square adjacent to the leopard square before releasing him. I hope they do that again.

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 03:22 PM
If you look closely you will see they have wire models for heads, feet, wings, bodies, tails, etc. They just apply a new image to the models and combine them and whala, a new animal. The problem is they are not creating new models so all we get are a barrage of animals with different body parts, or the scale is manipulated. The reason is so we will spend gems to speed breed and not miss any of these "new" animals, which is why they will not slow down. They will continue to not answer or address our complaints about the number of animals being released and the lack of variety. Unfortunately, we really have not seen anything new since the pigs were released, and how many pig variations have we seen since then? Frankenswine, harvest hedgehog, arboar, razorback, porkupine. One after the other because they were actually new. When we are sick of them they go back to pyro pony ripoffs (unicorinicopia, treebra, zapra). Looks like we will have a run on moose clones now. They are making a ton of money off of us and I think we deserve more work on their part. This is just a blatant reuse of existing content.

So true... If it gets more blatant, they're going to lose my interest very fast.

I understand using the same body types, but that GemConch (not to keep harping on it but you know) was more than just the same type, it was more or less identical in a different color. I'm not cool with that. The Pumpkin Panda looks just like the Pandadoffil in a different color, so I've never been very excited about that one either. I also just realized how much the Harvest Hedgehog looks like the Porkupine, so it's kind of a pig clone too.

And yes I know TL will be ignoring our requests to slow down the animals. Anyone who is bothered by that should definitely not spend gems on getting the new and limited animals. I'm at the point now where if it's limited and I don't love it, I'm not even going to bother trying because the chances of getting it are so low.

Vodelle
12-04-14, 03:29 PM
I'm new and have sooo many animals to even attempt to breed, but I can definitely see the frustration in the 'sameness' of animal types. It's probably extra annoying because in various dragon games, the dragons themselves at least feel pretty distinct. Yeah, sometimes they re-use the same body structure (and animations, of course) or do a recolor but they usually feel more different? FFS has a great art style but it's really easy to tell what came from what.

EviBrooklyn
12-04-14, 05:41 PM
I think it's going to be a new element...
Do you guys think it will be snow/ice ( can snow or ice be considered a new element or not, I mean they are both made of water)

intrinsicallyknotted
12-05-14, 12:36 AM
I think the "surprise" has got to be the start of a Christmas event. If the event lasts 21 days like the last one, and starts on the 5th, then it will end just after Christmas day. (On the other hand, the last event lasted well after Halloween, so maybe the timing is not right.)

I do hope we get a new element soon, but not too soon! I wouldn't really want snow/ice, since that's too much like water, but maybe cold would work. Another nice element idea would be light, although Dragon Story already did that.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 07:04 AM
I think the "surprise" has got to be the start of a Christmas event. If the event lasts 21 days like the last one, and starts on the 5th, then it will end just after Christmas day. (On the other hand, the last event lasted well after Halloween, so maybe the timing is not right.)

I do hope we get a new element soon, but not too soon! I wouldn't really want snow/ice, since that's too much like water, but maybe cold would work. Another nice element idea would be light, although Dragon Story already did that.

Light - lighting leopard... So I guess we have light ...

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 07:06 AM
When does the Reindeer arrive? I don't see it yet

zenobia42
12-05-14, 07:30 AM
When does the Reindeer arrive? I don't see it yet

Releases in this game are usually at 11:30AM Pacific time. Which is 5 hours from now if you are not in an easy time zone to figure that out in your head. :)

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 07:32 AM
Releases in this game are usually at 11:30AM Pacific time. Which is 5 hours from now if you are not in an easy time zone to figure that out in your head. :)
Lol, ok thanks. I'm on Eastern time so that's not too complicated to figure out :p

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 07:43 AM
Lol, ok thanks. I'm on Eastern time so that's not too complicated to figure out :p

3pm eastern

zenobia42
12-05-14, 08:31 AM
Eastern time zone players unite!

lol

Is it just me or has the overall mood of the forum been much nicer the last few weeks? Maybe it's just me, but I'm enjoying my time here more. <3 <3 <3

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 08:36 AM

lol

Is it just me or has the overall mood of the forum been much nicer the last few weeks? Maybe it's just me, but I'm enjoying my time here more. <3 <3 <3

Lol, maybe it's the spirit of the season :o

flowless
12-05-14, 09:20 AM

lol

True
I'm actually can't wait to see the updates
I hope I don't get disappointed though

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 10:27 AM

lol

Hmmm you're right !!! The mood has been awesome in the past few weeks :)

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 11:06 AM
Do you guys think we're getting new expansions with the new element today? Lol

flowless
12-05-14, 11:25 AM
Do you guys think we're getting new expansions with the new element today? Lol

Iam thinking new world event
And first Christmas animal

I don't know if they would release new element combined with Christmas animals
Maybe after that
I do think they would iam to have permant 4 animals with each breeding combination first
Or maybe not
Few more hours :p

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 11:51 AM
Iam thinking new world event
And first Christmas animal

I don't know if they would release new element combined with Christmas animals
Maybe after that
I do think they would iam to have permant 4 animals with each breeding combination first
Or maybe not
Few more hours :p

One more hour... Hocus sure did get us all excited huh

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 11:53 AM
I also think that cold turkey or scarecrow might go on a sale package today with 40-50 runes and some apples

kooky panda
12-05-14, 03:42 PM
Please see the current thread here.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75904-Christmas-Creatures-12-5-14&p=1016118&viewfull=1#post1016118

This has all three new Christmas creatures.