PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Creatures 12-5-14

Pages : [1] 2 3

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 12:34 PM
By breeding Fire x Nature together, you get either a Toy Poodle (X-mas Nature) or a Reindeer (X-mas Fire), which are both 7hrs. Once you've acquired both, after breeding them together you can get a Santa Claws (8hrs). Rewards for completion of 'Here Comes Santa Claws' goal is 5 gems and 25XP and it lasts 26 days.

Santa Claws - Super Rare (8hrs breeding/ 9hrs evolution/ need fire habitat)

Reindeer - Rare (7hrs breeding/ 8hrs evolution / need fire habitat)
17080 17081

Toy Poodle - Rare (7hrs breeding / 8hrs evolution/ need nature habitat)

17079 17082

Holiday Hamlet

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/7DD82797-39AE-4E76-8ABB-D958CD51C497_zpsngfkmxhn.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/7DD82797-39AE-4E76-8ABB-D958CD51C497_zpsngfkmxhn.jpg.html)
Edit: Kooky, it says I can only attach five files per post :( Want to add the Santa Claws habitat screenshot to the post but it won't let me. Any way to allow one more picture to the post? Thanks!

Edit 2: Also, Kooky... as a side note, is there a reason the forum avatars don't work for normal users but only work for mods? Just curious since most users here would probably like to have their own working avatars ^^;; Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but it came up in the topic and it's something people are curious about.

Aernak
12-05-14, 12:37 PM
I also think that cold turkey or scarecrow might go on a sale package today with 40-50 runes and some apples

It's the Thanksgibbon...

my607
12-05-14, 12:38 PM
So , the update is here but which animal has the Christmas elements in it? Not sure how to breed the holiday animals

ninasidstorm8
12-05-14, 12:39 PM
So , the update is here but which animal has the Christmas elements in it? Not sure how to breed the holiday animals

You should have a new goal to explain it.

Aernak
12-05-14, 12:39 PM
Wow they are adorable! O_O

http://i61.tinypic.com/opqq9c.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/11w7dkj.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2movwx3.jpg

my607
12-05-14, 12:40 PM
I'm confuse on how you get the Christmas elements. Not sure which animals to put in. There's also a cute holiday habitat but cost 500 gems. I wished there was a smaller one that cost coins.

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 12:42 PM

It says breed Fire-Nature

my607
12-05-14, 12:42 PM
Anyway, there should be a holiday goal and it tells you which element to use.

Aernak
12-05-14, 12:43 PM
I'm confuse on how you get the Christmas elements. Not sure which animals to put in. There's also a cute holiday habitat but cost 500 gems. I wished there was a smaller one that cost coins.

I hope we can win another holiday habitat in a world event!

zenobia42
12-05-14, 12:43 PM
If you look at the quest, it says to breed fire & nature. I tried and got 3 hours. While we don't know the breed times on the new guys yet, I doubt it's 3 hours.

zenobia42
12-05-14, 12:44 PM
I hope we can win another holiday habitat in a world event!

I really, really, really hope so too! If I get them, I don't want to have to put them in fire or nature or my haunted hollow. I want that habitat! But no way Jose will I spend 500 gems on it.

my607
12-05-14, 12:44 PM
The goal expires in 26 days

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 12:45 PM
The goal says to breed Fire-Nature to get both Reindeer and Poodle. Then, breed them together to get the Santa Claws.

I really hope these animals aren't as difficult as the fall earth-natures, or we will all be frustrated and unhappy.

my607
12-05-14, 12:45 PM
If you look at the quest, it says to breed fire & nature. I tried and got 3 hours. While we don't know the breed times on the new guys yet, I doubt it's 3 hours.

Yeah, disappointing I got a three hour too

my607
12-05-14, 12:47 PM
The Santa claws doesn't look that cute looks like he roll into the snow

flowless
12-05-14, 12:48 PM
I hate that habit cost gems only
It doesn't even hold up 4 animlas

I hope there is world event where would get it
I hope if any TL staff would let us no

Or let it cost less since it hold only 3
I

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 12:50 PM
I hate that habit cost gems only
It doesn't even hold up 4 animlas

I hope there is world event where would get it
I hope if any TL staff would let us no

Or let it cost less since it hold only 3
I

If there's a world event it probably won't start until Tuesday... best wait until then to see if there might be one. Hope so!

ramothsflight
12-05-14, 12:50 PM
I got seven hours. Time will reveal if it's new or Vinny. :D

Aernak
12-05-14, 12:51 PM
I have a 14 hour cooking but I didn't breed exclusively red and green. I threw in red, green, earth and dark... Still missing the Crystal Unicorn so I always try to use 4 elements.

I am alternating that with trying for Toucan too (which I am still missing) - very happy we can potentially get these Christmas animals with the Vinotaur/Ocean Owl combo. That is a plus. :)

maizee0404
12-05-14, 12:51 PM
I got 3 hours too!

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 12:52 PM
I have a 14 hour cooking but I didn't breed exclusively red and green. I threw in red, green, earth and dark... Still missing the Crystal Unicorn so I always try to use 4 elements.

I am alternating that with trying for Toucan too (which I am still missing) - very happy we can potentially get these Christmas animals with the Vinotaur/Ocean Owl combo. That is a plus. :)

Yes definitely! I need to try for the Toucan too.

I have 20 minutes until I can do my first breed... so excited! I definitely want to get in on this immediately, since I know that chances are higher right away.

zenobia42
12-05-14, 12:52 PM
I got seven hours. Time will reveal if it's new or Vinny. :D

Good luck. The new animals that you can get with fire-nature are rare, so there is a pretty good chance you got one. Also, TL loves to give limited animals the same timer as super rares of the same elements. Let us know when you have it in the nest!

ramothsflight
12-05-14, 12:55 PM
I just dropped the dreaded koala in the nest so it may be a while before I nest the seven hour baby. Trying to decide if I should speed breed or get the really cute habitat. Decisions! :p :D

my607
12-05-14, 12:55 PM
It says breed Fire-Nature

Ok I see it now

cocauina
12-05-14, 12:56 PM
The Toy Poodle and Reindeer are 7hrs and the Santa Claws is 8hrs, evolution time for both is 1 more hour than breeding.

inespay
12-05-14, 01:00 PM
How long is the reindeer?

sanya87
12-05-14, 01:01 PM
Got fairy ferret two times in a row... Hope this will not be too hard!

leahb61
12-05-14, 01:01 PM
First try 3h p.pony and panda ������ it will be fairy ferret ������
Anyone know what's the breeding time ?

maizee0404
12-05-14, 01:02 PM
How long is the reindeer?

Reindeer and poodle 7hrs the santas claws is 8hrs

PernReloaded
12-05-14, 01:03 PM
I like three hour fails because they're short. I likely have my third Vinotaur cooking right now, when I'm still trying for the Fallaby :/

zenobia42
12-05-14, 01:06 PM
I also think that cold turkey or scarecrow might go on a sale package today with 40-50 runes and some apples

I SO wish you had been right. Had it been Scare crow + runes, I would not have hesitated even half a second before buying it. Especially since it is finally correctly priced at $10. But alas it seems they will only ever put animals i have in packages and i will never get my crow. :(

ETA: breeding time on both Xmas animals gotten via fire + nature = 7 hours.

cquinn32
12-05-14, 01:06 PM
Lol are they serious with the price of that habitat?

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 01:07 PM
The Toy Poodle and Reindeer are 7hrs and the Santa Claws is 8hrs, evolution time for both is 1 more hour than breeding.

Thanks, hun :) Added!

zenobia42
12-05-14, 01:08 PM
I like three hour fails because they're short. I likely have my third Vinotaur cooking right now, when I'm still trying for the Fallaby :/

In a way, that's good - there are now THREE animals you want with fire + nature. Better odds for you to get something you want. :)

Lisa0107
12-05-14, 01:10 PM
My first try is a 6 hour. I still need the fallaby so I'm hopeful it's not a solar simeon fail.. will know in 6 hours!

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 01:10 PM
Great a fairy ferret fail, and I just put a stupid 16 hour thunderhawk fail on the nest. :mad: :mad:

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 01:12 PM

I agree: 500 gems just for a holiday habitat is pretty steep and there's no way many ppl will ever want to buy it. Especially since all the habitats were on sale for 150 gems not long ago -___-

Either way, I'm glad I sped-bred a bunch of fails to get the Reindeer and Poodle since that's a load off my chest for the foreseeable future.

Lisa0107
12-05-14, 01:13 PM
In a way, that's good - there are now THREE animals you want with fire + nature. Better odds for you to get something you want. :)

Normally I would feel that way but after the autumn animals I am not very hopeful. I have tried almost non stop and I have not gotten a single autumn animal...could not even get the grassquatch. I still need the pumpkin panda and autumn hedgehog also. That is a total of 4 animals with the same nature/earth combo and I did not get a single one after all these weeks of trying. (I did cave and buy the unicornicopia when he was on sale) I sure hope my luck is better for the Christmas animals.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 01:25 PM

Maybe it will go on sale after Christmas

ninasidstorm8
12-05-14, 01:26 PM
Still wishing for a world event.

Vodelle
12-05-14, 01:28 PM
I have like a 10 hour egg to get out of my nest before I can try breeding for these guys. Santa Claws looks kind of cute but that's because I'm into lions/cats.

icydove
12-05-14, 01:31 PM
I got a 7-hour breeding time with a jackalope and a solar simeon. Here's hoping!

xxxe
12-05-14, 01:37 PM
I was hoping for a world event too. As long as I get my Santa Claws I will be happy though. As soon as my Sea Drake hatches I am breedin fire and nature non stop. I still need the Fallaby so hopefully I get all three!

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 01:38 PM
I got a 7-hour breeding time with a jackalope and a solar simeon. Here's hoping!

I'm pretty sure you'll get the holiday animal with 7hrs. I think they've suspended the Vinotaur for now so that ppl won't get confused since I've yet to breed out a Vinotaur from my countless fails and every 7hr I had was a holiday animal. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I also think you're only allowed to have 1 holiday animal each. In other words, you can only have 1 Reindeer, 1 Toy Poodle and 1 Santa Claws (unless you buy them with gems). I just find it odd that when I went through millions of fails that I didn't once get a Vinotaur nor did I get 'duplicates' of the Reindeer and Toy Poodle.

Hrm...

Melis2a84
12-05-14, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll get the holiday animal with 7hrs. I think they've suspended the Vinotaur for now so that ppl won't get confused since I've yet to breed out a Vinotaur from my countless fails and every 7hr I had was a holiday animal. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I also think you're only allowed to have 1 holiday animal each. In other words, you can only have 1 Reindeer, 1 Toy Poodle and 1 Santa Claws (unless you buy them with gems). I just find it odd that when I went through millions of fails that I didn't once get a Vinotaur nor did I get 'duplicates' of the Reindeer and Toy Poodle.

Hrm...

You can get duplicates as I sped bred and got 3 of each but sold 1 of each while trying for Santa claws :)

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 01:45 PM
Wow how many gems did you guys use that have already tried bunches of times? Didn't these animals just come out an hour ago?

my607
12-05-14, 01:46 PM
Wow how many gems did you guys use that have already tried bunches of times? Didn't these animals just come out an hour ago?

Yeah it did.

Galadraal
12-05-14, 01:47 PM
What about the 500 gem habitat? What's up with that? I sure hope it's a reward of some sort because I really like the look of the Christmas habitat but don't want to fork over so many gems

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 01:51 PM
What about the 500 gem habitat? What's up with that? I sure hope it's a reward of some sort because I really like the look of the Christmas habitat but don't want to fork over so many gems

Hopefully they will do a reward habitat in a world event... like the Halloween event... we're hoping! Maybe it will start Tuesday

A2TUDE
Got my 7 hrs BUT there both 7hrs so I see a lot of duplicates and I'll be buying habitat this arvo I find it unfair it holds less then 4 animals which means 2 habitats which is 1000 gems my gosh!!!

my607
I just tried my second time and got a Jackalope.

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 01:52 PM
You can get duplicates as I sped bred and got 3 of each but sold 1 of each while trying for Santa claws :)

I stand corrected :D I guess I was just lucky in the sense that I bred out the two I needed instead of duplicates... to tell the truth, it was pretty cheap with only fairy ferrets to speed up, so I'm grateful for that at least ^^; No idea about the Vinotaur, though... curious to see if anyone can breed him out during this time or if the Vinotaur just hates me and refuses to ever show up in my forest.

Buttercup0001
12-05-14, 01:53 PM
I put a piro pony and a pandafodil and got a 7 hr breeding time oh my gosh fingers crossed cos I haven't been able to breed a single new animal for months now which sucks. Also trying to catch up with the tournament as all my TL games wouldn't connect for about 7hrs so I've lost valuable fighting time :(

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 01:53 PM

I sped-bred a bunch of ferrets and managed to spend only under 80, thankfully. Well spent, imo, b/c I don't have to worry about getting this-and-that during 26 days nor will it cut into my wish to breed other animals than fire x nature :D

Melis2a84
12-05-14, 01:58 PM
I stand corrected :D I guess I was just lucky in the sense that I bred out the two I needed instead of duplicates... to tell the truth, it was pretty cheap with only fairy ferrets to speed up, so I'm grateful for that at least ^^; No idea about the Vinotaur, though... curious to see if anyone can breed him out during this time or if the Vinotaur just hates me and refuses to ever show up in my forest.

I did get vinotaur but already had him so I sold him lol

I just got Santa claws which I got after 10 tries which I sped bred the fails which were manly fairy ferrets

Evolve time is 9 hrs

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 01:58 PM
I sped-bred a bunch of ferrets and managed to spend only under 80, thankfully. Well spent, imo, b/c I don't have to worry about getting this-and-that during 26 days nor will it cut into my wish to breed other animals than fire x nature :D

That's not too bad lol... you said you tried a million times so I just wondered!

I love that these animals have Ferret fails. Seriously that is going to make this so much more bearable.

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 02:06 PM
I did get vinotaur but already had him so I sold him lol

I just got Santa claws which I got after 10 tries which I sped bred the fails which were manly fairy ferrets

Evolve time is 9 hrs

Oooh... thanks for the pic, Melis2a84 :) Added to the first post ^^ Can you also give a pic of what it looks like in the habitat when you get it off the nest, please? I am curious to see what it looks like in a habitat setting XD

Lisa0107
12-05-14, 02:09 PM
I've never been able to speed breed on the first day because I'm always at work and it's late when I get home and I have missed most of the time. But today...I sped bread and got the reindeer and poodle back to back. Fed them and sped evolved them and put them in and got the Santa Claws on the first try. Wow...I have never had that kind of luck...I fully believe they are easier to get on the first day like others have mentioned. What a relief to finally have something new. Now I can go back to working on those autumn animals.

pets4moongazer
12-05-14, 02:16 PM
Here's hoping for the habitat being obtainable a different way. This game is turning into a major dollar sink. I can easily spend more on this than on my monthly subscription to WoW. I refuse to shell out another $20 for the gems to buy the holiday hamlet.

GreasedLightening
12-05-14, 02:20 PM
Just got reindeer with fallaby and panda. Actually sped and tried again with same combo and got another reindeer. Good luck all. Any news on combo for the poodle?

Melis2a84
12-05-14, 02:22 PM
Oooh... thanks for the pic, Melis2a84 :) Added to the first post ^^ Can you also give a pic of what it looks like in the habitat when you get it off the nest, please? I am curious to see what it looks like in a habitat setting XD

Sorry Hun just done 1st evolve but here it is at level 6 in habitat

Melis2a84
12-05-14, 02:23 PM
I've never been able to speed breed on the first day because I'm always at work and it's late when I get home and I have missed most of the time. But today...I sped bread and got the reindeer and poodle back to back. Fed them and sped evolved them and put them in and got the Santa Claws on the first try. Wow...I have never had that kind of luck...I fully believe they are easier to get on the first day like others have mentioned. What a relief to finally have something new. Now I can go back to working on those autumn animals.

Congrats Hun well done yay ;)

mymummy789
12-05-14, 02:25 PM
Got one with just fire and nature. Seven hour breed. Gorgeous egg but I don't know how to take pictures on my iPad.

GreasedLightening
12-05-14, 02:33 PM
Hrm...

Well vinotaurs are alive and still well, just got one with pony and panda. Lol. Thought I had gotten lucky and had me a new poodle. Oh well... Try try again.

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 02:33 PM
Sorry Hun just done 1st evolve but here it is at level 6 in habitat

Thanks, luv :D It looks nice but I'm a bit confused on why half of its face has brown but the other side doesn't look like it has the same pattern 0.o At least it doesn't look like a total carbon copy of Gold Lion, though it DOES remind me a bit of Kimba the White Lion! Looking forward to breeding this guy out, but it'll probably take me a while to do it, with my weird luck :(

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 02:45 PM
Awww I was hoping we'd get the holiday habitat as a reward in a world event like we did with the Halloween one. Anyhoo just got 7 hrs with panda and pyro pony. Fingers crossed

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 02:46 PM
Awww I was hoping we'd get the holiday habitat as a reward in a world event like we did with the Halloween one. Anyhoo just got 7 hrs with panda and pyro pony. Fingers crossed

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 02:49 PM
Woot! Reindeer egg! :D

dumbpluff
12-05-14, 02:52 PM
oh my GOODNESS. I am so excited for these!

significantly less excited about the chunk of fire-nature combinations that turn up with seven hours, though. but I'll live with it. this breeding event looks fun!

BunnieMix
12-05-14, 02:52 PM
I speed bred a little and I got a few Fairy Ferrets (like 3) and a second Vinotaur, but then right after I got the Reindeer! Now for the Toy Poodle. I am disappointed that the seasonal habitat costs gems though. Blah.

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 02:53 PM
I got the reindeer egg, woot! First try, fallaby, second try reindeer. I used pyro and panda both times

DeathZhade12
12-05-14, 02:54 PM
I got the Santa Claws by breeding Reindeer and Pyre Pony :D

Hawksmoor
12-05-14, 02:56 PM
Whoa! Congrats! But how did you do that? I thought you needed to breed the poodle and the reindeer together to get the Santa?

GreasedLightening
12-05-14, 03:03 PM
Wow...I just tried that combo..reindeer and pyro pony and got Santa claws also. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 03:03 PM
So we did get a new element... Kinda :)

knj00
12-05-14, 03:09 PM
Reindeer and Pyro Pony got me nothing but more Reindeer... I think something is messed up on this new type...

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 03:09 PM
The habitat is cute but I won't pay 500 gems for it. If it goes on sale... Maybe

Question: is it true that in order to get the super rare (Santa claws) we need to breed the reindeer and toy poodle or fire and reindeer will do ? I mean Santa is fire and Christmas element just like reindeer. Doesn't make sense to get it only by breeding the poodle & reindeer.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 03:21 PM

Are you sure? Maybe you bought it and forgot ? Lol
I mean, everyone is saying that the only way to get it is by breeding reindeer and toy poodle.
Can you please verify your info and revise it if needed bc many of us depend on the info in this forum, so the more accurate the info is, the better.

Let us know,

maizee0404
12-05-14, 03:25 PM
The habitat is cute but I won't pay 500 gems for it. If it goes on sale... Maybe

Question: is it true that in order to get the super rare (Santa claws) we need to breed the reindeer and toy poodle or fire and reindeer will do ? I mean Santa is fire and Christmas element just like reindeer. Doesn't make sense to get it only by breeding the poodle & reindeer.
The goal says you have to breed poodle and reindeer in order to get the santa claws :)

GreasedLightening
12-05-14, 03:25 PM

Just posted this on reindeer thread. Got santaclaws with reindeer and pyro pony. Good luck.

seekerbears
12-05-14, 03:33 PM
Do we only have 26 days to get all 3 animals? That's how long the goal is and I haven't really been lucky in breeding lately haven't gotten the reindeer yet

dumbpluff
12-05-14, 03:43 PM
I just got two vinotaurs in a row, but no sign of any hooves on the rooftop or jingle bells.

this is gonna be rough, but I love it.

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 03:55 PM

Tried it twice---no dice.

Either it was a momentary glitch that was fixed up ASAP or you were mistaken.

So, yeah... not sure if it'll work for others and I just got the short end of the stick, but breeding Reindeer x Pony always seems to equal another Reindeer... no Santa Claws.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 03:57 PM
Just posted this on reindeer thread. Got santaclaws with reindeer and pyro pony. Good luck.

Ohhh back to pony and reindeer:)

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 03:58 PM
I just got two vinotaurs in a row, but no sign of any hooves on the rooftop or jingle bells.

this is gonna be rough, but I love it.

Mark my words... You'll have it by Sunday if you keep breeding the same 2 animals

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 03:58 PM
Ohhh back to pony and reindeer:)

Evi, post your results here for everyone, yeah? 'Cause all I bred out with that combo was other Reindeers.

Btw, is your avatar broken? o.0

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 04:05 PM
Evi, post your results here for everyone, yeah? 'Cause all I bred out with that combo was other Reindeers.

Btw, is your avatar broken? o.0

No clue about my avatar... I was playing around with my settings yesterday and not sure what I did-clicked etc
I bred unicorn and reindeer and got a bunch of reindeers. Same results (4-5times) pony & reindeer.
So far reindeer and toy poodle is giving me ferrets.
The goal says breed poodle & reindeer. See pic below. Unless there's a glitch I'm going to try and take advantage today unless TL is quicker on repairing it.

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 04:10 PM
No clue about my avatar... I was playing around with my settings yesterday and not sure what I did-clicked etc
I bred unicorn and reindeer and got a bunch of reindeers. Same results (4-5times) pony & reindeer.
So far reindeer and toy poodle is giving me ferrets.
The goal says breed poodle & reindeer. See pic below. Unless there's a glitch I'm going to try and take advantage today unless TL is quicker on repairing it.

You mean the same results for breeding Pyro x Reindeer results in more Reindeer or that you did manage to get a Santa Claws? 'Cause why would you take advantage of a bunch of reindeer? o.o

cquinn32
12-05-14, 04:14 PM
I just now bred reindeer / pyro pony and got 8hrs!

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 04:16 PM
I just now bred reindeer / pyro pony and got 8hrs!

SWEET! So did I :D Done with the challenge XD Thanks guys, I didn't think it would work, but it did!

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 04:17 PM
Just got a jackalope... I forgot that was even an option. Oh well, only my second ever. I really hope I get the holiday animals soon... I hope everyone does! I know it will be really frustrating for those who don't get them soon.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 04:27 PM
Got 8 hours with toy poodle and reindeer.
I went through a lot of 3 hour ferret fails.
The good news is that the worst fail for any of the 3 is 7 hours( vinotaur) so let's be grateful.

MelodicStars
12-05-14, 04:37 PM
Well, it seems I'm back again. Anyway, I finally got a hedgehog (still have to try for unicornicopia) but I decided I was tired of breeding earth and nature so I decided to try for the fallaby. I've had a few 3 hour ferret fails but luckily, I got a 7 hour timer a few minutes ago and I'm guessing it's either the poodle or reindeer. At first, I thought it was finally a fallaby but I wasn't sure since I haven't been on forever. I come to check the fallaby's breeding time and sadly it's actually 6 hours :/ oh well I guess I can't complain when I've got a new cute Christmas animal in my grasp. Good luck to everyone :)

ArcadiaTofu
12-05-14, 04:40 PM
I wonder if anyone's tried breeding the Santa Claws with anything to see what results. Like, breeding Crystal Unicorn with Santa Claws (could it be like the Steamtrunk *****?) or any other combo with it.

Just to cover all bases and all... :D

Edit: Nevermind... Santa Claws is unbreedable. Sorry, guys... looks like TL closed up every loophole on this one in regards to gem gains :(

dumbpluff
12-05-14, 04:46 PM
bumped through a lot more eggs-- looks like I got me a poodle! now that I've got one down, I don't feel so worried lmao.

now I need to update a plot, though... until we find out if the habitat is gonna be winnable or something, these guys are taking up two plots on their own. not that fun.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 05:02 PM
I SO wish you had been right. Had it been Scare crow + runes, I would not have hesitated even half a second before buying it. Especially since it is finally correctly priced at $10. But alas it seems they will only ever put animals i have in packages and i will never get my crow. :(

ETA: breeding time on both Xmas animals gotten via fire + nature = 7 hours.

You'll see scarecrow on a package sale in the future...

xxShxx
12-05-14, 05:03 PM

I might have one of them in my nest now, but I havn't seen any egg pics yet. I used Fairy Ferret & Pandaffodil this time. I already had two fails, both using different parents & both with 3 hr. Fairy Ferret results. And considering my 63 attempts for Cold Turkey, which, hundreds & hundreds of gems later, I NEVER DID GET, I'm greatful to see results on my 3rd try! Don't know how to upload a snapshot, but I did take one, so hopefully I'll figure it out . I used gems to get it this fast but breeding time is 7 hrs.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 05:29 PM
I wonder if the new habitat (bc it's Christmas themed), if bought can be put in storage during spring/summer as it might look funny in our forests
Maybe kooky can get us an answer on this.
And if the answer is no, would TL consider making it storagable ( does this word even exist?) during off season period ?

12-05-14, 05:49 PM
I'm in love with all three of the new animals and I'm thankful that they created a new element, the problem is that the Holiday Hamlet cost gems. Is it possible to change the costing into coins?:confused:

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 06:02 PM
I'm in love with all three of the new animals and I'm thankful that they created a new element, the problem is that the Holiday Hamlet cost gems. Is it possible to change the costing into coins?:confused:

Not a prayer :(

Aernak
12-05-14, 06:23 PM
I still need solar simian and a fallaby so hopefully i will at least have some "good fails" this round :)

my607
12-05-14, 06:56 PM
Just got reindeer with fallaby and panda. Actually sped and tried again with same combo and got another reindeer. Good luck all. Any news on combo for the poodle?

Thanks for this combo it's my third breeding. I got a seven hour breeding time.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 07:09 PM
You mean the same results for breeding Pyro x Reindeer results in more Reindeer or that you did manage to get a Santa Claws? 'Cause why would you take advantage of a bunch of reindeer? o.o

Pyro and reindeer was giving me only reindeers but I kept trying just in case there was a glitch. The problem was I was getting a lot of 7 hour reindeer fails so I switched to toy poodle and reindeer. I got my Santa claws with the latter combo

FridayFarms
12-05-14, 07:26 PM
Five fairy ferrets in a row now....

12-05-14, 07:33 PM
I love the new animals and I'm thankful they released a new element but having a habitat cost 500 gems is way too much. Is it possible to change the costing into coins instead? Or have it on sale during the winter break? (Just suggesting because this is way too expensive)

my607
12-05-14, 07:36 PM
I love the new animals and I'm thankful they released a new element but having a habitat cost 500 gems is way too much. Is it possible to change the costing into coins instead? Or have it on sale during the winter break? (Just suggesting because this is way too expensive)

Didn't someone answered your question. I highly doubt it that TL will change the cost.

my607
12-05-14, 07:37 PM
Five fairy ferrets in a row now....

Try fallaby and Pandaoffi I got seven hours. Someone mentioned it and got two raindeers

12-05-14, 07:41 PM
Aha, oops. Couldn't find my first post and thought it didn't upload so I did it again. Thanks though! :)

maidsama1999
12-05-14, 07:49 PM
The new Christmas elements seems very unnecessary and stupid. The holiday animals are pretty cool but the new element is kind of annoying, it's a step closer to becoming DS, that freaking game with all of those useless elements. I honestly don't even know why I still play it. I really hope FFS doesn't turn into DS because that'll be a major disappointment and I will most likely give up on the game. And the Holiday Hamlet habitat's price is totally unfair. 500 gems just like all of those premium habitats? It doesn't even hold 4 animals like the others. DS is more fair than this, they didn't release a new element where you had to buy the habitat with gold. I know you can also put them in nature or fire habitats but a lot of people would like the Holiday Hamlet but the price is way too expensive and unfair to so many players. I highly recommend that TL changes the price to coins, because this is just ridiculous! Some holiday spirit...

FridayFarms
12-05-14, 07:49 PM
Try fallaby and Pandaoffi I got seven hours. Someone mentioned it and got two raindeers
Thanks, but I haven't been able to breed a fallaby either. I must have some sort of a fairy ferret curse, cause I just sped bred four more, no matter what parents I try.

dumbpluff
12-05-14, 07:57 PM
pyro pony and pandaffodil have served me well. i got antsy and sped a few ferrets out of my nest and i got three poodles in total) and the reindeer's sitting in my nest now.

now i've got twenty-six days to get this lion. i will be calm... i will relax... deep breathing...

btp1605am
12-05-14, 08:12 PM
pyro pony and pandaffodil have served me well. i got antsy and sped a few ferrets out of my nest and i got three poodles in total) and the reindeer's sitting in my nest now.

now i've got twenty-six days to get this lion. i will be calm... i will relax... deep breathing...

If you breed raindeer and pyro pony you will get the Santa claws I have gotten it two out of four breedings!

readysetgo888
12-05-14, 08:18 PM
I just tried Fallaby and Panda... and got a Fairy Ferret! Ugh. I am glad these are short fails but I'm going to be quite unhappy if I don't get one of the new animals soon. Been having so much bad luck breeding lately.

Then again, I have to remember that I can't compare my success to those who spend a lot of money on the game, since I do not. It's ok that I didn't get one of the holiday animals yet... there's plenty of time. I'm not giving into the temptation to speed 173726 times until I get one.

knj00
12-05-14, 08:28 PM
If you breed raindeer and pyro pony you will get the Santa claws I have gotten it two out of four breedings!

Congrats, that's great for you but that is not true for everyone. I did Reindeer and Pyro Pony 15-18 times before I gave up and I got Reindeer every time.

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 08:33 PM
Congrats, that's great for you but that is not true for everyone. I did Reindeer and Pyro Pony 15-18 times before I gave up and I got Reindeer every time.

Same here !!

Drachenia
12-05-14, 09:13 PM
This was to breeding quickly now, Pyro Pony / Pandaffodil I get Fairy Ferret and Reindeer

A2TUDE
12-05-14, 09:20 PM
Ok now for Santa claw .... Has anyone got it yet?

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 09:25 PM
Ok now for Santa claw .... Has anyone got it yet?

I did by breeding reindeer and toy poodle
I know melis2a got it also
A few got it with pony and reindeer, apparently there's a glitch
I tried that combo many times but unsuccessful on that one

Drachenia
12-05-14, 10:17 PM
This was to breeding quickly now, Pyro Pony / Pandaffodil I get Fairy Ferret and Reindeer

I've been looking forward too early, it is Vinotaur, now I have again three hours

rjazz
12-05-14, 10:41 PM
12 ferret fails still have nothing. Tried all combo suggestions in this thread :(

EviBrooklyn
12-05-14, 10:53 PM

Congrats

PernReloaded
12-05-14, 10:55 PM
On the first day of Xmas, FFS gave to me...
Two Vinotaurs
And a Jackalope in the breeding (den).

intrinsicallyknotted
12-05-14, 10:58 PM
So is this our Christmas event? Or will we also get a community event similar to the Halloween one? Or no event at all?

I hope we get a community event similar to the last one; I really liked that format. I like these three holiday critters, but all this limited breeding business is stressing me out. With the pumpkin collecting, at least we were guaranteed a certain number if we played regularly and timed our planting (though it was still hard for those who didn't have enough large farms). I guess I'm just hoping we won't have too many limited Christmas critters to breed without something else to balance it out.

bluefoxcrystal
12-05-14, 11:03 PM
Hmm... New element eh? I like the animals :D and the habitat! But please TL could you reduce the cost of the habitat to 200 gems :) Pretty please! It would be more fair for everybody. It would also be in the range of the special dragon story 3 dragon habitats as well ^^

A2TUDE
12-05-14, 11:53 PM
Ok I have all my festive animals :)

Good luck everyone :)

If you'd like to peek at them my id is a2tude

sweetypies97
12-06-14, 01:42 AM
oh my gosh that holiday hamlet is the most beautiful thing I have seen in this game. It is divine!! So hoping I manage to breed all 3 Christmas animals.

mymummy789
12-06-14, 03:43 AM
As they have made the habitat so expensive, I wish they had made the three creatures so they could all go on the same habitat so at least those of us who have to feed families can keep the holiday animals together :(

sanya87
12-06-14, 04:37 AM
Ok I have all my festive animals :)

Good luck everyone :)

If you'd like to peek at them my id is a2tude

wow, beautifull! congrats :)

As they have made the habitat so expensive, I wish they had made the three creatures so they could all go on the same habitat so at least those of us who have to feed families can keep the holiday animals together :(

completely agree, they should at least give us the posibility to put them together like we can do with halloween animals.

so far, my breeding attempts ended with few ferrets, then toy poodle and now i have 7 hours again in the breeding den. i am hoping it will result in reindeer! but i will wait, no need to speed up cause my evolution flower is occupied anyway with treebra.

edit - and it was vinotaur :( so for the moment one toy poodle and 12 fails, mostly ferrets...

LonePudding
12-06-14, 05:09 AM
First try for toy poodle.. I got 7 hrs in the nest!!
Just the basic pyro pony and pandaffodil did it for me!

Could be a vinotaur but I doubt I'll get a super rare first try.

cocauina
12-06-14, 06:03 AM
Already tried 3 times for the Toy Poodle and Reindeer, and only got 2 Fairry Ferrets and 1 Fallaby, at least now I have Fallaby.

I love the Christmas habitat.. But if so expensive for only 3 animals, at least TL should have released that habitat on sale..

sanya87
12-06-14, 06:53 AM
if the christmas habitat costed 150-200 gems i would buy it for sure cause it's really beautifull and that would be a reasonable price, but 500 is just overpriced. hope they will put it on sale for christmas...

Hawksmoor
12-06-14, 08:46 AM
I cannot for the life of me get the poodle. Whenever it shows a 7 hr timer it's a reindeer. Oh well I've got 25 more days, lol

hatton2
12-06-14, 09:15 AM
How are we suppose to afford the habitat for the Christmas animals? I don't have enough gold so I guess I have to miss out on these! Not fair TL :(

flowless
12-06-14, 09:19 AM
Plz lz make this habit for sale
Love it can't afford at that price

infinitelove19
12-06-14, 09:25 AM
if the christmas habitat costed 150-200 gems i would buy it for sure cause it's really beautifull and that would be a reasonable price, but 500 is just overpriced. hope they will put it on sale for christmas...

Agreed! Especially since it only holds 3 animals, not 4. Come on TL!!

Vodelle
12-06-14, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it's a bit sad they released it at 500 gems (with no discount even) considering other games I play have not only released seasonal things but typically given them a sale as well.

jptheripper
12-06-14, 09:39 AM

pony and panda took me about 15 times to get reindeer, reindeer and pony took me 8 tries to santa. Now i am short gems for habitat.

seekerbears
12-06-14, 09:50 AM
So I got 7hr breeding time I was so excited cuz I thought it was a Christmas creature but it turned out to be a vinotour:( just got another 7hr tho hope it's a Christmas creature this time!

jptheripper
12-06-14, 10:06 AM
Anyone get poodle with anything other than purely pony and panda?

Aernak
12-06-14, 10:10 AM
My son just got a poodle w pyro pony and panda - woo hoo! First one in our house. :) My daughter got a Vinotaur booo. And we are all selling off lots of ferrets.

intrinsicallyknotted
12-06-14, 10:30 AM
I've just finished my third vinotaur since yesterday (I finally broke down and speed through about 8 ferrets). Ordinarily I would just relax, since we do have several weeks, but I was hoping to get these guys quickly so I could go back to working on Harvest Hedgehog (which I'm convinced is going to go limited).

xxxe
12-06-14, 10:35 AM
5 Ferrets so far lol. At least it's 3 hour fails. When I was trying for the Uniconacopia I kept getting 14 hour fails. Now that was a real pain.

readysetgo888
12-06-14, 11:00 AM
Well, I'm up to 6 total tries... 3 rare fails. My second Jackalope, third Simian, and third Fallaby.

I'm going to make a wild guess here and say that the odds for the (obnoxious longer than 3 hour Ferret) rare fails have been set deliberately higher now to make speeding cost more. Once again TL just can't play fair.

I can't wait to get 7 hours only to have it be my third Vinotaur... :mad: Hope that doesn't happen.

Vodelle
12-06-14, 11:12 AM
Just got 7 hours after a couple 3h fairy ferrets. Hoping it's one of the new animals since a Vinotaur was literally like the second thing I ever bred, and my first animal to level 15. (Not that I wouldn't keep a second one around for fun, I guess.)

CoodieBug
12-06-14, 11:31 AM
Just got a jackalope... I forgot that was even an option. Oh well, only my second ever. I really hope I get the holiday animals soon... I hope everyone does! I know it will be really frustrating for those who don't get them soon.

Well I just went through 137 gems while speed breeding for there holiday creatures and didn't keep even one of the fails--used pyro/panda, panda/pyro, mostly--nothing worked--all ferrets & 1 vinataur. Makes me think twice about ever buying gems again!!!! Good luck everyone--it certainly is frustrating!!!

sanya87
12-06-14, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm up to 6 total tries... 3 rare fails. My second Jackalope, third Simian, and third Fallaby.

I'm going to make a wild guess here and say that the odds for the (obnoxious longer than 3 hour Ferret) rare fails have been set deliberately higher now to make speeding cost more. Once again TL just can't play fair.

I can't wait to get 7 hours only to have it be my third Vinotaur... :mad: Hope that doesn't happen.

i have to say i agree with you. this is just getting weird, i had 20 fails so far (spent around 80 gems) and it seems the odds for new rares have changed. yesterday when the new animals came i managed to get toy poodle after few ferrets. but today it seems like there is nothing but ferrets. i am sure they have messed with the odds, so now i stop spending my gems, i regreted already those i spent but i was so impatient. but i learned my lesson so if i get it great, if i don't... what can you do.

TeabytheSea3
12-06-14, 12:57 PM
I just got 7 hours breeding a Fallaby & Panda. Can't wait to see what I got. :)

BXVV
12-06-14, 01:32 PM
Going to try for the Santa Claws, only another 2 hours for my Reindeer to finish evolving :) fingers crossed for that 8 or 9 hour breed time. Its a shame that I cannot put my reindeer and poodle in the same habitat (unless I buy the Christmas habitat).

my607
12-06-14, 01:33 PM
I just got 7 hours breeding a Fallaby & Panda. Can't wait to see what I got. :)

I got the reindeer with that combo. I can't seem to get the poodle today. I have four ferret fails.

xxxe
12-06-14, 01:43 PM
Just got my first 7 hours. Hopefully it isn't a Vinotaur. I have good luck getting duplicate supers though so not getting too excited yet. Waiting 3 hours for my Ferret to finish then ill speed the rest. Good luck everyone.

Hawksmoor
12-06-14, 02:01 PM
Anyone get poodle with anything other than purely pony and panda?

Finally! I just got the poodle with the reindeer and panda

xxxe
12-06-14, 02:02 PM
Has anybody used any of the new Christmas guys in a battleground or tournament yet? Curious to see what the Holiday element is strong/ weak against.

FridayFarms
12-06-14, 02:54 PM
16 ferrets, 2 vinotaurs, 0 Christmas animals so far.

PernReloaded
12-06-14, 02:55 PM
My numbers for the rares these last two days have been way up. I bred two Vinotaurs, one Jackalope, one Fallaby (MY FIRST ONE YES), and only one one Fairy Ferret. I now have another six hour something breeding - don't care at this point since I have had Solar Simian from Day One and with Fallaby on the nest, am good to go.

None of the new Xmas animals, though.

my607
12-06-14, 03:03 PM
Finally! I just got the poodle with the reindeer and panda

How many times did it take you to get the poodle?

zenobia42
12-06-14, 03:10 PM
Well so far I am

10 fairy ferrets
0 anything else at all

my607
12-06-14, 03:23 PM
Well so far I am

10 fairy ferrets
0 anything else at all

I used fallaby and Pandaoffi and got the reindeer.

ninasidstorm8
12-06-14, 03:31 PM
Well so far I am

10 fairy ferrets
0 anything else at all

At least Fairy Ferrets have short breeding tines. So far I bred a Vinataur, Fairy Ferret and Jackalope. I have a Fairy Ferret in the nest an a 7 hour creature in the Breeding den. Seems strange to hope its not a Super Rare. :) So I have bred a variation of creatures that I have had for months but it has just resulted in less tries for the creature I want. At least I can say that the new creatures make it an even 20 holes in my album.

EviBrooklyn
12-06-14, 03:41 PM
Well so far I am

10 fairy ferrets
0 anything else at all

What are you breeding Zenobia?
I got my reindeer with ruby and emerald. I know you don't have an emerald but why don't you try ruby and panda?

EviBrooklyn
12-06-14, 03:43 PM
Kooky, can you please find out if the new Christmas habitat can be stored after Christmas or if we'll be forced to keep it on display at all time?

readysetgo888
12-06-14, 04:31 PM
Whoo just got my first 7 hours! Really hope it's not a Vinotaur :( Don't want to get too exited.

I used Fallaby and Panda... First time I did that I just got a Ferret... Hopefully this time it's the Reindeer.

Hawksmoor
12-06-14, 05:07 PM
How many times did it take you to get the poodle?

A lot. I think 15? I got the reindeer really quickly though, like on the 2nd try.

my607
12-06-14, 05:08 PM
A lot. I think 15? I got the reindeer really quickly though, like on the 2nd try.

I was just curious. That's a lot I hope it won't take me that long. Thanks

jsburas
12-06-14, 05:27 PM
Been breeding since yesterday and all day today and I've had all Ferrets, I had three 7 hr times and all 3 were Vinotaurs! Really weird to get 3 super rares but not 1 Christmas. I got one Vinotaur on nest and a 3 hr Ferret fail in breeding pen "sigh"

pondicus
12-06-14, 05:29 PM
Yay, I got the reindeer on my first try and now I got another 7 hours (let's hope it's not a vinotaur). It makes me happy after the whole Cold Turkey and Scarecrow failure.

Hawksmoor
12-06-14, 05:36 PM
I was just curious. That's a lot I hope it won't take me that long. Thanks

Good luck!

readysetgo888
12-06-14, 05:41 PM
Been breeding since yesterday and all day today and I've had all Ferrets, I had three 7 hr times and all 3 were Vinotaurs! Really weird to get 3 super rares but not 1 Christmas. I got one Vinotaur on nest and a 3 hr Ferret fail in breeding pen "sigh"

Yeah... this is why I think they messed with the odds deliberately to give people longer fails.

Why can't the game play fair? People would still spend money anyway.

locotesx3
12-06-14, 05:42 PM
So it says you have to breed the raindeer and poodle to get the claws animal. But I just got an 8hr breed time with a raindeer and panda??? Is this something everyone is seeing?

kooky panda
12-06-14, 05:43 PM
Kooky, can you please find out if the new Christmas habitat can be stored after Christmas or if we'll be forced to keep it on display at all time?

I will check on this, but my guess is we may have to keep it out.

Yeah! Got all three!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/7DD82797-39AE-4E76-8ABB-D958CD51C497_zpsngfkmxhn.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/7DD82797-39AE-4E76-8ABB-D958CD51C497_zpsngfkmxhn.jpg.html)

locotesx3
12-06-14, 05:48 PM
So it says you have to breed the raindeer and poodle to get the claws animal. But I just got an 8hr breed time with a raindeer and panda??? Is this something everyone is seeing?

Just speed the breeding time up and got the Santa Claws with raindeer and panda. Tried to breed them again for a poodle and got a 3hr fail...

Knowing my luck I will have 100's of fails to get the common poodle if I even get it at all.
Hahahha

kooky panda
12-06-14, 05:53 PM
: Kooky, it says I can only attach five files per post :( Want to add the Santa Claws habitat screenshot to the post but it won't let me. Any way to allow one more picture to the post? Thanks!

Edit 2: Also, Kooky... as a side note, is there a reason the forum avatars don't work for normal users but only work for mods? Just curious since most users here would probably like to have their own working avatars ^^;; Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but it came up in the topic and it's something people are curious about.

I believe you are limited to 5. I did add a picture of the Holiday Hamlet
Avatars are only available for TL staff, and moderators at this time.

Buttercup0001
12-06-14, 06:43 PM

Same for me. Couldnt breed a vinatour for the life of me when I started playing this game, and now ive breed 3 of them in a row plus countless fairy ferrets. As I have said in past posts, I have NOT been able to breed a single new animal since I breed a bansheep and thats been 2 months ago.

readysetgo888
12-06-14, 06:56 PM
Yay I got the Reindeer! So excited! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breed one since my luck has been awful recently.

Hopefully we will all have one soon!

Vodelle
12-06-14, 07:05 PM
My 7hr breeding is now a 7hr reindeer egg! Next try is another fairy ferret though, and my next attempts will have to wait until tomorrow.

FridayFarms
12-06-14, 07:42 PM
Finally have a reindeer egg on the nest, followed by a 6 hour breed. Really hope it's a fallaby! ( but probably a solar simian)

Schnoodle129
12-06-14, 07:55 PM
Currently got the Poodle and Reindeer....going for Santa claws

zenobia42
12-06-14, 07:57 PM
I hate feeling like I'm the only one unable to breed even a single one of these animals. :(

I know there's lots of time left but the game ceases to be fun after a number of days of this []

SHINeeFan23
12-06-14, 08:03 PM
Just got my Toy Poodle on my nest. Wasn't trying for this as I'm still trying for toucan. So I'm still breeding the ocean owl & Vinotaur & got Toy Poodle on first try.

jsburas
12-06-14, 08:13 PM
I hate feeling like I'm the only one unable to breed even a single one of these animals. :(

I know there's lots of time left but the game ceases to be fun after a number of days of this ****.

Me too!!! My luck here lately has been terrible on the new animals including all the Fall Animals, I didn't even get the Cold Turkey even though I tried daily. Game stops being so fun when you just go from day to day same old thing.

icydove
12-06-14, 08:20 PM
I have done the jackalope and solar simian combo four times and got two toy poodles and two fairy ferrets. I tried a fallaby and a jackalope and got 7 hours again, not sure of the result yet.

shooshemc
12-06-14, 08:40 PM
I was able to breed fire and nature and get the poodle. since then, I have gotten 12 ferrets....where is the "randomness" of the breeding? At this rate, I should have the reindeer by Christmas, 2015. And I can't begin to fathom how long it will take to get Santa Claws.

Crr008
12-06-14, 09:09 PM
My Child's account got a reindeer with panda and ferry ferret. I got a seven hour with the same combo but I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the results. Thanks for posting everyone. This site is so helpful!

Clark_Wayne
12-07-14, 12:20 AM
Instead of breeding them, i would rather TL made them in a world event or a summoning like they did last year for DS (Holly and reeinder)
Got lot of ferrets. Much more difficult than for scarecrow or frankenswine :(

Bambamstad
12-07-14, 05:12 AM
Instead of breeding them, i would rather TL made them in a world event or a summoning like they did last year for DS (Holly and reeinder)
Got lot of ferrets. Much more difficult than for scarecrow or frankenswine :(

Totally agree with you.

elvos85
12-07-14, 06:05 AM
I get all 3 hours today !!!! Speechless 😒😒😒 this 2 days I get all 3 hours breeds And a jackalope ==

PernReloaded
12-07-14, 07:17 AM
Given it's a 26-day event and how many people were unable to breed Cold Turkey during the week that it was available, I don't think that two days with all fails is actually unreasonable. It seems these are going to be fairly rare creatures.

I just got a seven hour timer in my breeding den. I'm putting my money on it being a THIRD Vinotaur (three in the two days this event has been happening is a real kicker). I would rather get Fairy Ferrets - at least those are SHORT fails!

elvos85
12-07-14, 07:51 AM
those two are just RARE if compare with Vinotaur.. seem like those two are more hard to get then Vinotaur ==

MaMaof91974
12-07-14, 07:53 AM
You breed them with the pyro pony and the pandaffodil.

MaMaof91974
12-07-14, 08:04 AM
I have been breeding for weeks,and I haven't gotten anything different at all.Im still trying for the unicornicopia,the pumpkin panda,and all the other new ones including the new Christmas breeds and I have gotten nothing new at all.Its been almost 3 weeks of breeding.i don't know what's going on,but I wanted to see if anyone knows how I can fix it,or how I can get ahold of the admins of the game to see if they can fix it?Someone please help!Im missing out on all the new breeds,and then before I know it they are gone,and I have no chance at getting them at all. Thank you so much!

deucedeuce22
12-07-14, 08:14 AM
Took me three tries to get poodle and reindeer, with a 3 hour in between.

Vodelle
12-07-14, 08:46 AM
Reindeer is now evolving. Between that were two fairy ferrets and now a 6hr timer which is, what, the fallaby? It's something I don't have already, at least.

readysetgo888
12-07-14, 09:13 AM
Just got another 7 hours (using just Panda/Pony) with only 2 Ferrets in between. If it's actually a Poodle I'll be in shock. I can't wait to try breeding my Reindeer once it comes out of the flower.

6 hours is either Fallaby or Simian.

Best of luck to those still trying! If you're really stuck you might try the uninstall/reinstall trick.

zenobia42
12-07-14, 11:12 AM
Well so far I am

10 fairy ferrets
0 anything else at all
That was yesterday evening. Now I am:
15 fairy ferrets
1 jackalope
0 anything else at all

About half the tries have been pony/panda. The other half of the time I throw in a ferret or jackalope or both or something.

It seems like about 90% of the forum has at least ONE Xmas critter and half of everyone has the full set. I feel particularly unlucky right now. :(

GC5410
12-07-14, 11:15 AM
In 18 tries, I've had 1 vinatour (which I needed - try 3), 2 poodles (try 6 and 18) and the rest were fairy ferrets!

my607
12-07-14, 11:22 AM
That was yesterday evening. Now I am:
15 fairy ferrets
1 jackalope
0 anything else at all

About half the tries have been pony/panda. The other half of the time I throw in a ferret or jackalope or both or something.

It seems like about 90% of the forum has at least ONE Xmas critter and half of everyone has the full set. I feel particularly unlucky right now. :(

I got reindeer by using fallaby and panda. Good luck

infinitelove19
12-07-14, 11:27 AM
I am also in the zero club, but happy to say I finally have a seven hour breeding time!
With luck it'll be a reindeer or poodle. :-)))

I find it strange, with the short fail times it gives us many more opportunities to get a successful breeding, but it also seems to make us frustrated faster. So it goes. Good luck, everyone! ;-)

edit: I don't believe it, it was a Vinotaur. Got another 7 hours....?

Crr008
12-07-14, 12:03 PM
My Child's account got a reindeer with panda and ferry ferret. I got a seven hour with the same combo but I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the results. Thanks for posting everyone. This site is so helpful!

Mine was a vinotaur. :-(

infinitelove19
12-07-14, 12:10 PM
Mine was a vinotaur. :-(

My first 7 hour was a Vinotaur, too. Sped up second 7 hour one and happy to report it's a toy poodle!!!
Good luck & hope you have good news soon. :-)

jsburas
12-07-14, 12:14 PM
I'm on my fifth vinotaur but a I did manage to get one poodle yah!

zenobia42
12-07-14, 02:20 PM
18 fairy ferrets
1 other fail (jackalope)
0 Xmas animals

At least 18/19fails have been only 3 hours. If it were electric-dark they'd all be 17+ hours!!!!!

But I'm getting a little frustrated. Based on responses after I posted my 0-16 record earlier today, it seems only TWO other people on the entire forum besides me are having a complete bust. Maybe more will post tonight and make the 3 of us feel a tiny bit less singled out to be utterly and completely shafted. Eff the RNG in my game. Maybe I'll deleted and reinstall it or something.

Vodelle
12-07-14, 02:30 PM
So my 6hr egg is a simian (which I do not already have) and right after that is another 6hr breeding time. It'd be neat if it was the fallaby since I don't have that either. (I would be pretty annoyed if I already had both, though, heh. 3hr fails are less offensive than 6hr ones when it comes down to it.)

readysetgo888
12-07-14, 02:34 PM
So my 6hr egg is a simian (which I do not already have) and right after that is another 6hr breeding time. It'd be neat if it was the fallaby since I don't have that either. (I would be pretty annoyed if I already had both, though, heh. 3hr fails are less offensive than 6hr ones when it comes down to it.)

I had a Simian and Fallaby back to back a couple days ago... so maybe!

I'm in shock... My second 7 hours was another Reindeer, but I tried the Reindeer and Pony combo and actually got the 8 hours! First try! I never thought it would work for me, my luck is always so bad. I'm hoping the Reindeer and Panda combo will get the Poodle.

Zenobia I'd try the uninstall / reinstall. It seemed to help a lot of people in the tournament... maybe it will reset your bad luck.

PernReloaded
12-07-14, 03:09 PM
Well, my fourth 7-hour breed is a Toy Poodle, it's currently on the nest. In my breeding den is a six hour fail since I have all of those at this point.

Going to give a shot at Poodle and Pyro Pony to get Reindeer, and if I'm lucky, Santa Claws.

Though I am still considering that I had a decent number of fails before getting this one, so who knows?

zenobia42
12-07-14, 04:28 PM
Deleted & reinstalled. Got a 6 hour timer. :(
Wasted 9 gems to speed those and got yet another 3-hour timer.

19 fairy ferrets
2 @6-hour fails
0 Xmas animals

On the bright side, I guess I won't have to figure out where the heck to put these Xmas animals if I never get them. :/

I know it's statistically possible that 90% of players get a Christmas animal within 10 tries and yet I go 0-for-21 and counting, but this debacle is starting to strain my belief that all our odds are equal to each others.

xxxe
12-07-14, 05:11 PM
Just got another 7 hour. Hopefully not another Vinotaur. I'm not speed breeding this time just incase. Will post back tomorrow.

Vodelle
12-07-14, 05:35 PM
To be fair, zenobia, there are thousands of players out there who don't use these forums and who may be having poor luck as well. I do agree that a lot of people who have posted have at least had a 7hr timer so far. That said, I remember a few players posting about speeding through like 20 nests and not getting anything either. I just find it a bit silly to always go blaming the game -- you were ready to complain about the tournament, too, but you finished way before I did despite a worse start. I dunno, just putting it in perspective.

zenobia42
12-07-14, 05:47 PM
To be fair, zenobia, there are thousands of players out there who don't use these forums and who may be having poor luck as well. I do agree that a lot of people who have posted have at least had a 7hr timer so far. That said, I remember a few players posting about speeding through like 20 nests and not getting anything either. I just find it a bit silly to always go blaming the game -- you were ready to complain about the tournament, too, but you finished way before I did despite a worse start. I dunno, just putting it in perspective.

I just said my belief was being strained not that the game was out to get me. Honestly, when I posted a while ago I was still at zero, I thought I'd see a lot more people still having gotten absolutely nowhere with this. I was ready to feel a little better about being totally shafted (misery loves company and all that). But instead it's almost solely more and more people getting Xmas animals.. and more getting multiple different Xmas animals. Obviously there are tons of people (probably like 90% or more of all players) who don't visit the forum. But there is no reason to think that if forum members have a 20% (or whatever) success rate that the pool of all players has a different success rate. I assume that the 3 of us total who have posted that they still are at zero are not the sum total of players still at zero. But if 90-95% of forum members have gotten at least one friggen Xmas animal, then it stands to reason only 10% of us overall players are getting nothing but fails despite pumping gems into extra breeding opportunities per day. And it just SUX to be in that bottom 5-10%.

dangerb0y
12-07-14, 05:58 PM
I also have 2 days worth of fairy ferrets.

cocauina
12-07-14, 06:51 PM
Deleted & reinstalled. Got a 6 hour timer. :(
Wasted 9 gems to speed those and got yet another 3-hour timer.

19 fairy ferrets
2 @6-hour fails
0 Xmas animals

On the bright side, I guess I won't have to figure out where the heck to put these Xmas animals if I never get them. :/

I know it's statistically possible that 90% of players get a Christmas animal within 10 tries and yet I go 0-for-21 and counting, but this debacle is starting to strain my belief that all our odds are equal to each others.

I don't even count, so I don't get more bored than I already am, only put breeding and ignore, it's already to much seeing to many time the 3hrs timer.

I also have 2 days worth of fairy ferrets.

Almost the same, Fairy Ferret's everywhere, 1 or 2 Solar Simian's and 2 Fallaby's, at least I got a Fallaby, a animal that I was missing, but 7hrs breeding? Not even once, only in my second account and it was a Vinotaur, besides that Vinotaur, only Fairy Ferret's.

I'm kinda done with this, it's this and the Christmas habitat, 500 gems for a limited habitat that only holds 3 animals? Since it's a 3 animal habitat and limited, at least should be bought with coins or only cost 200 gems and since it's new, on sale for 100 gems like TL does in DS. That habitats I bought, this ones are too much expensive only for a random habitat.

zenobia42
12-07-14, 07:21 PM
I don't even count, so I don't get more bored than I already am, only put breeding and ignore, it's already to much seeing to many time the 3hrs timer.

Almost the same, Fairy Ferret's everywhere, 1 or 2 Solar Simian's and 2 Fallaby's, at least I got a Fallaby, a animal that I was missing, but 7hrs breeding? Not even once, only in my second account and it was a Vinotaur, besides that Vinotaur, only Fairy Ferret's.

I'm kinda done with this, it's this and the Christmas habitat, 500 gems for a limited habitat that only holds 3 animals? Since it's a 3 animal habitat and limited, at least should be bought with coins or only cost 200 gems and since it's new, on sale for 100 gems like TL does in DS. That habitats I bought, this ones are too much expensive only for a random habitat.

I too have passed through the frustration wall and an sliding down the road to "done with this." Now when I try, I don't even get the slightest bit excited to see what the timer will be. I am resigned to seeing 2:59:59 yet again. It's just not fun. If it were something everyone were having this much trouble with it would be one thing. But tons of people got them super-easily, and tons not as easily but got it nonetheless. A few of us get totally shafted. IDK. In the arena at least it is not 100% luck. If you build up an arsenal of the optimal level 15 super and ultra rares, and login enough times a day, your hard work and strategy pay off even if you start out terribly one tournament. I've never lost a single tournament in this game and I've played since before the first one. But breeding is 100% luck. If I wanted a game where only one aspect of the game once a month was less than 100% luck-based, I'd play bingo or slots. This game is just too much about luck. And when a game is all about luck, always a few people are going to get totally and completely shafted despite being as dedicated and putting in as much time or more than anyone else. And that is just NOT. FUN. Not for those of us getting shafted. I've been saying for 3 months now I wish they'd change the game so that if you are clearly trying for something many, many, many, many times (like the unicorn for most of us), that after a certain amount of tries, your odds get just a little better. Then after another milestone reached with still a 0% success rate, the odds get a little better yet. I don't think they should ever get up to 100% or even 50% or anything close to that. Just fix it so that those having HORRIBLE luck, and never rolling a high number, eventually the highest of the sucky low numbers their RNG deems fit to roll for them is high enough to get the animal of that combo you don't have yet.

I know they'll never do that. But I'll never stop wishing for it. Well, when the 100% luck-based nature of the game takes the last ounce of fun out of it, I'll stop wishing for it because I'll be gone lol. :p

cocauina
12-07-14, 08:13 PM
I too have passed through the frustration wall and an sliding down the road to "done with this." Now when I try, I don't even get the slightest bit excited to see what the timer will be. I am resigned to seeing 2:59:59 yet again. It's just not fun. If it were something everyone were having this much trouble with it would be one thing. But tons of people got them super-easily, and tons not as easily but got it nonetheless. A few of us get totally shafted. IDK. In the arena at least it is not 100% luck. If you build up an arsenal of the optimal level 15 super and ultra rares, and login enough times a day, your hard work and strategy pay off even if you start out terribly one tournament. I've never lost a single tournament in this game and I've played since before the first one. But breeding is 100% luck. If I wanted a game where only one aspect of the game once a month was less than 100% luck-based, I'd play bingo or slots. This game is just too much about luck. And when a game is all about luck, always a few people are going to get totally and completely shafted despite being as dedicated and putting in as much time or more than anyone else. And that is just NOT. FUN. Not for those of us getting shafted. I've been saying for 3 months now I wish they'd change the game so that if you are clearly trying for something many, many, many, many times (like the unicorn for most of us), that after a certain amount of tries, your odds get just a little better. Then after another milestone reached with still a 0% success rate, the odds get a little better yet. I don't think they should ever get up to 100% or even 50% or anything close to that. Just fix it so that those having HORRIBLE luck, and never rolling a high number, eventually the highest of the sucky low numbers their RNG deems fit to roll for them is high enough to get the animal of that combo you don't have yet.

I know they'll never do that. But I'll never stop wishing for it. Well, when the 100% luck-based nature of the game takes the last ounce of fun out of it, I'll stop wishing for it because I'll be gone lol. :p

I play FFS and DS, sometimes I get to the point when I'm already using the same combo, and don't get any new or not even a Rare or Super Rare, I get to much pissed off, but since I like both games, I just put the breed and see the timer only to see what time I got, don't even get excited at all. But if a see a timer that only has 1 option and I already have, I know what it is, but when it's a timer that has more than 1 option, I think it's a common one, like everybody does, but sometimes when I put the egg on the nest, I get surprised to see a new egg, at least some luck. I already have 2 Crystal Unicorn's, I was trying to get a couple new animals that I don't have and didn't even remember about Unicorn on that combo, this on my first try, on my second try I was trying, again, for new animals that I'm still missing and when I see a 45 timer I was like "really? another crystal? come on, new ones game!", since TL releases animals like they change underwear, a 45 timer is kinda of a waste of time, but it's a Ultra Rare animal and with 2 of them I can use to breed, battle and have more coins. My luck when it comes to breeding sometimes it's like "hmm now I don't want to give you anything new and you will receive only common fails, that don't even give you nive gems!" and other times it's like "your reaction when you get fails it's awesome, but this time I will give you 1 or more new animals/dragons or even 1 or 2 more from the new ones you got just now!".
About the tournaments, we need luck and good fighters, never lost any tournament on both games (only 2 on DS, but don't count since I start one with the tournament already in the middle and the other one I didn't had good fighters and dragons evolve enough to defeat the beasts to even pass from the 15 round ahah).

Now I just want to see what the heck will TL do for the Christmas World Event's on both games, on DS I think we will have one this Tuesday (Dec. 9th), hope we have also one in FFS.

CoodieBug
12-07-14, 08:40 PM

I know they'll never do that. But I'll never stop wishing for it. Well, when the 100% luck-based nature of the game takes the last ounce of fun out of it, I'll stop wishing for it because I'll be gone lol. :p.
I agree with you whole heartedly!!!I am so sick of those F----FairyFerets--this is getting ridiculous--

zenobia42
12-07-14, 08:41 PM
In the last month I have managed to breed 4 new animals, and in the month before that, 4 (though 1 of those 4 was the steam trunk ruby razorback loophole they gave us for a day, so I don't really think that counts - the odds were 100% on that pairing for that day)... So if you don't count the 100% odds one, it's 7 new breedings in 2 months. A new one every 8.5 days on average is not nearly as bad as it could be. I guess I'm just stressing because these are limited and the majority of players are not having the problems a few of us are. And also stressing because it very much seems that the odds on any newly released animal go down after a day or so. So there was a window. And most players got at least one Xmas animal in that window. So it just feels like those of us who got screwed 20 times or more when the odds were at their BEST are doomed. I'm just being pessimistic. I guess I'll never get over not getting the Scare Crow despite trying 24/7 and a lot of speed breeding the entire time it was available. I FLOVE crows, too. Maybe I should just not even try for these. Maybe I'll be slightly less disappointed getting tons of fails while trying for permanent as opposed to limited animals.

My running total:
22 fairy ferrets
2 @6-hour fails
0 Xmas animals

GreasedLightening
12-07-14, 09:18 PM
Zen..have you tried fallaby and rhino combo for reindeer? And I also used a rampage and sloth trying for a unicornucopia. Hope this helps. Once I got reindeer, I used reindeer and panda and got poodle. Sending good luck to all who don't have Xmas critters.

pdf2
12-07-14, 09:58 PM
I also have no Christmas animals - loads and loads of fails.. If I had the fallaby, I'd use it to breed but I can't even get one of those. Just ferrit after bleeping ferrit.

Phaedrakiki
12-07-14, 10:02 PM
Been trying since I first noticed the new critters (a few hours after dropping.) I just got my first Christmas animal! I saw 7 hrs. in the den, so I sped & moved the stupid Fairy Ferret egg out of the way, lol! It's the Poodle egg--yay!

So then, I put panda & pony back in the den, and got another 7 hrs! I hope, hope, hope (fingers crossed & all that) it's a reindeer...& not another Poodle or Vinotaur.

I also got a Fallaby while trying to breed these (my 2nd fall animal--got the unicornicopia a few days ago.) Prior to that, nothing. I've been trying for the fall and/or limited animals non-stop without luck. I can't believe it, but it's good to get at least a couple! Hope it keeps going, though, and I hope those who haven't been lucky start breeding these pronto!!!

Best of luck, all!

Phaedrakiki
12-07-14, 10:10 PM
FYI: forgot to mention it took 16 tries with basic pony & panda for 1st Christmas critter.

locotesx3
12-08-14, 12:35 AM
Are we not able to use the Santa Claws to breed with? My level9 raindeer shows up on my breeding list but not my level9 claws??

rjazz
12-08-14, 12:36 AM
I too had at least 22 or more ferret fails, several Fallabys, and several vinotaurs, and 1 other animal I can't remember right now. it was very disheartening, spent lots of gems for repeated 3 hour fails. I just keep repeating the breeding until I got the reindeer, now have poodle & claus as well. Don't give up!

sanya87
12-08-14, 01:44 AM
30 tries so far got me: 3 toy poodles, 1 vinotaur, 1 solar simian, 3 jackalopes and 22 ferrets.

Since i level up my toy poodle (i kept only one cause i am not keeping duplicates anymore) to level 10 i have been putting him and pony or panda in the den. Yesterday when i saw 7 hours i was really hoping it will be a reindeer but no, poodle again... so i put again this combo, got 7 hours again but i am ready to see another poodle later.

A2TUDE
12-08-14, 02:48 AM
I truely wish was easier for everyone Christmas is meant to be happy times NOT stressful time :(

deucedeuce22
12-08-14, 03:31 AM
Take the complaining to the DS forums. People seem to think they are entitled to everything this game offers immediately. You have 4 weeks to get your holiday breeds, relax.

I don't complain about not having a Crystal Unicorn, or any of the gem hybrids that were easily gotten during their release. My income is extremely stunted and progression slowed because of this, and I've dealt with it. Now deal with your 3 hour commons.

Turning out exactly like DS.

locotesx3
12-08-14, 04:02 AM
Anyword on if not being able to breed my Santa Claws is a glitch or is it like that for everyone?
I can breed my raindeer but Santa Claws doesn't show up on my breeding list.

maizee0404
12-08-14, 04:11 AM

I know there's lots of time left but the game ceases to be fun after a number of days of this []

Hey zen :) your not the only one...since this goal was released alls i have gotten are ferrets :( id be happy with a vinotour which iv been trying to get cz i wanted the toucan so you can imagin how many ferrets iv gotten in the last few weeks!! So frustrating!!

Clark_Wayne
12-08-14, 04:54 AM
Hey zen :) your not the only one...since this goal was released alls i have gotten are ferrets :( id be happy with a vinotour which iv been trying to get cz i wanted the toucan so you can imagin how many ferrets iv gotten in the last few weeks!! So frustrating!!

Same for me (but i already had vinotaur so i'm not trying for)
The worse is that ferret doesn't give bomb, so you even can't mine and do expansion :mad:

Crr008
12-08-14, 05:09 AM
I finally got a reindeer using Panda X Vinotaur. I got two vinotaurs amongst all the fairy Ferrets.

Bambamstad
12-08-14, 06:27 AM
I got the poodle today.

The rest is ferrets and occasionaly a jackalope and a fallaby.

After the poodle gets out the flower, going to use it in the breeding den.

Vodelle
12-08-14, 06:55 AM
See, it's almost as though 99% of this forum is not getting christmas breeds in the first .2 hours. Yeah, bad luck sucks, but not everyone got lucky and/or sped-bred their way to new animals either? C:

Anyway, update on my own progress (doubt anyone cares, but here it is). After my 6hr solar simian, the other 6hr did turn out to be a fallaby. Score. Then I think I had a couple of fairy ferrets, and now I have a 7hr time in the nest. No clue what it is, but if it's not the poodle then I already have it.

xxxe
12-08-14, 07:51 AM
I finally got the Reindeer! So I decided to try the Vinotaur/ Ocean Owl combo in the den just to take a break from Panda/ Pony and I got another 7 hours. I was so excited until I put the egg on the nest and it was a Skyger! Completely forgot you can get a Skyger with that combo! Lol bummer. Once my Reindeer evolves I'm going to try breeding him with Pony like other people have gotten lucky with. Still need a Fallaby too. Don't give up everyone! We still have so many days to get these Christmas critters. When I was trying for the Cold Turkey, and found myself getting frustrated, I would try for something else I was missing just once to break up the back to back water/ earth. I ended up getting my Porcupine that way. I know how aggravating it can be. I have been level 40 for awhile now and have been playing since July and I still don't have a Crystal. It stings a little when I see lower level players with a Crystal but once I finally get mine it will be that much sweeter. Never give up hope! In game and in life.

Galadraal
12-08-14, 08:10 AM
I finally got one Reindeer after many fails and I got a Solar Simian which I don't have on my iPhone yet so that is good anyway. I too have had far too many fails but gave up trying for the earth nature or others I'm missing because I get the same stupid Planters over and over

kuppikahvia
12-08-14, 08:39 AM
Incredible luck here: raindeer on 2nd try and poodle on 3rd! :-O
Probably as a compensation for the impossibly bad luck when trying for the Frankenswine (how about 3 Pegasi out of the last 4 attempts?)

sanya87
12-08-14, 09:01 AM
Got my 4th toy poodle, and still no reindeer... looks like breeding with toy poodle will get me only more of them. Not sure what combination to try next for a reindeer...

Crr008
12-08-14, 09:03 AM
Sanya 87, what were you using for the toy poodle? I got my reindeer with Panda-Vinotaur. My child got one with Panda-Fairy Ferret.

my607
12-08-14, 09:05 AM
Got my 4th toy poodle, and still no reindeer... looks like breeding with toy poodle will get me only more of them. Not sure what combination to try next for a reindeer...

I used the fallaby and panda for reindeer

readysetgo888
12-08-14, 09:17 AM
I got my first Reindeer with Fallaby X Panda and my second Reindeer with Panda X Pony.

It does seem that Reindeer X Pony AND Reindeer X Panda can both get the Santa Claws, as I've gotten one Santa Claws from each combo. I highly recommend trying these ASAP if you have a Reindeer.

I was hoping that Reindeer X Panda would get me the Poodle, but no Poodle for me yet (tried it twice, got Ferret once and Santa Claws once). I'm going to try some of the other combos people have posted for the Poodle... If you have any, please share!

sanya87
12-08-14, 09:17 AM
Sanya 87, what were you using for the toy poodle? I got my reindeer with Panda-Vinotaur. My child got one with Panda-Fairy Ferret.

i tried many combinations but since i got my first poodle evolved i started to put him in the breeding den. first with a pony, then with panda. i think i made a mistake by breeding it with panda cause there is no fire in that combination and reindeer has a fire element. so i switched back to poodle and pony, got another ferret. at least is a 3 hours fail, not 7... i will try few more times i guess, then maybe switch again to what you suggested. thanks :)

I used the fallaby and panda for reindeer

tried that combination 6 times, got 5 ferrets and one jackalope. how many times did it take for you with that combination? maybe i gave up to early...

sanya87
12-08-14, 09:21 AM
I got my first Reindeer with Fallaby X Panda and my second Reindeer with Panda X Pony.

It does seem that Reindeer X Pony AND Reindeer X Panda can both get the Santa Claws, as I've gotten one Santa Claws from each combo. I highly recommend trying these ASAP if you have a Reindeer.

I was hoping that Reindeer X Panda would get me the Poodle, but no Poodle for me yet (tried it twice, got Ferret once and Santa Claws once). I'm going to try some of the other combos people have posted for the Poodle... If you have any, please share!

i got my first poodle with solar simian and pyro pony, second one with panda and pony.

my607
12-08-14, 09:52 AM
I tried 3-4 times for the reindeer.

BlueCanary
12-08-14, 09:56 AM
No Christmas animals yet, just a lot of fairy ferrets, a couple of solar simians and one evil evil vinotaur who got my hopes up with a 7 hour timer ;)

Still lots of time though, and I'm really hoping we get a Christmas world event tomorrow because they're always fairly fun.

cquinn32
12-08-14, 10:44 AM
I sure hope they offer us another way to get the habitat cause I am no way spending 500 gems to get one!!!

readysetgo888
12-08-14, 10:56 AM
I sure hope they offer us another way to get the habitat cause I am no way spending 500 gems to get one!!!

I don't even want one - it will have to be out ALL YEAR since, because this game isn't annoying and frustrating enough, we aren't allowed to store habitats. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of looking at this thing in July.

Plus, they deliberately made it so that if you want to have all three holiday animals in the same habitat, you HAVE to buy the Christmas habitat because they don't all have another element in common. That's a shameless tactic to make people buy it in my opinion. I don't feel like rewarding that.

And let's see, habitat costs $25 ACTUAL DOLLARS. Uhhh no. As usual, if I HAD to spend that money on this game I'd much rather have the gems to try to get animals I don't have yet. And since I don't have to spend it on this game, I've got a dinner out instead, or a variety of other things I'd rather have than this Christmas habitat that will only be appropriate decor for my forest exactly 1/12 of the year.

Vodelle
12-08-14, 11:02 AM
I don't even want one - it will have to be out ALL YEAR since, because this game isn't annoying and frustrating enough, we aren't allowed to store habitats. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of looking at this thing in July.

Plus, they deliberately made it so that if you want to have all three holiday animals in the same habitat, you HAVE to buy the Christmas habitat because they don't all have another element in common. That's a shameless tactic to make people buy it in my opinion. I don't feel like rewarding that.

And let's see, habitat costs $25 ACTUAL DOLLARS. Uhhh no. As usual, if I HAD to spend that money on this game I'd much rather have the gems to try to get animals I don't have yet. And since I don't have to spend it on this game, I've got a dinner out instead, or a variety of other things I'd rather have than this Christmas habitat that will only be appropriate decor for my forest exactly 1/12 of the year.
Hmm... 500 gems is $20 over here (530 gems, actually). I've spent hundreds of dollars on mobile games but $20 for one habitat isn't the kind of deal I'd personally go for. That said, if we DO get a holiday habitat through an event, it 99% won't be this one, as otherwise they'd have an even worse PR issue on their hands with anyone who has bought the habitat earlier complaining about people getting it for free / demanding a gem refund / etc. I'm sure there will be some kind of sale on it later on, but given what I've read on these boards, the FFS sales have not been overly generous.

intrinsicallyknotted
12-08-14, 11:05 AM
I got my Reindeer egg this morning (after my 5th vinotaur and countless ferrets!) so now I'm breathing easier. Yes, we have a lot of time for these guys but I'm still bummed about missing the Cold Turkey despite working on it all week. Now I have to decide whether to try for Santa Claws right away or keep working on Harvest Hedgehog. (Like others, I'm convinced the fall critters are going to go limited on us soon.)

Good luck to everyone! I wish there was some sort of exchange system where I could trade all my excess Vinotaurs with those of you who need them, in exchange for all your extras that I still haven't gotten!

readysetgo888
12-08-14, 11:26 AM
I got my Reindeer egg this morning (after my 5th vinotaur and countless ferrets!) so now I'm breathing easier. Yes, we have a lot of time for these guys but I'm still bummed about missing the Cold Turkey despite working on it all week. Now I have to decide whether to try for Santa Claws right away or keep working on Harvest Hedgehog. (Like others, I'm convinced the fall critters are going to go limited on us soon.)

Good luck to everyone! I wish there was some sort of exchange system where I could trade all my excess Vinotaurs with those of you who need them, in exchange for all your extras that I still haven't gotten!

Definitely try for Santa Claws with Pony X Reindeer and/or Panda X Reindeer a few times... I'm not sure if this is something that they meant to allow, but it definitely seems like the odds on getting one with these combos are really good.

I've pretty much given up on the Harvest Hedgehog :( I feel like I would have gotten it if I was going to by now. I still really want it but I just feel like it's one of those animals that the game has decided that I can't have.

If it does go limited, I still won't try much for it, as based on the other limited animals, the odds will get even worse.

[S8] Regina
12-08-14, 12:47 PM

It will function like other habitats, so it cannot be stored.

Vodelle
12-08-14, 12:53 PM
Oh goodness! So my 7hr breeding time has given me a poodle egg. Really surprised at my luck. (A bit sad that out of the three animals, the one I am most interest in is the lion, though. Kinda wondering where this bout of good luck will bite me later. :p) I put in my reindeer + a pyro pony into the nest while I'm waiting for the poodle to hatch and got another 7hr timer. Erm. Well, it's not the santa claws and I won't be keeping duplicates...

my607
12-08-14, 01:10 PM
I just put the reindeer with the pony the timer is seven hours. Hopefully it's a poodle.

dumbpluff
12-08-14, 01:12 PM
so, here's a thought. which fail out of all these new animals is worse? ;) ferret for these guys, rainguin for the turkey, or the plantlers for the fall animals?

Vodelle
12-08-14, 01:20 PM
so, here's a thought. which fail out of all these new animals is worse? ;) ferret for these guys, rainguin for the turkey, or the plantlers for the fall animals?
Obviously Plantlers, since it's such a long time to wait inbetween breedings.

VenomDragon1
12-08-14, 02:23 PM
So I'm curious, specially since staff has yet to comment on the matter...

The goal says to get Santa Claw you must breed Reindeer with Poodle (very specific). Yet, some people have been able to breed it just by having the animals type in the breeding pool (Christmas/Fire).

Is this intended behavior or a bug? Is it ok to keep trying for Santa with a combo like Reindeer and Pony or is this something that has/will be fixed? It would be good to know one way or another so people aren't wasting time and gems on a bug....