PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Creatures 12-5-14

Pages : 1 2 [3]

keller63
12-20-14, 01:14 AM
Sorry to hear that Keller, I just got my Santa claws egg. Have you tried pony x panda?

Certainly done a lot of pony x panda, couldn't give a head count, most my tries have been with fairy and panda to maximise the coin output(pony gives more at this stage) but. Suppose it has bagged me all the other fire/nature hybrids, got.a second jackolope on the nest headed straight for the market.

They are definitely trying to torture us..... So they bring out another animal required to get by breeding Christmas element in 7 days.......Thanks! Ill work on it as soon as I even get a damned Christmas element creature. So frustrated again. It's cold turkey take 2...

silkemm
12-20-14, 03:49 AM
One of the MANY posts on here on what to breed to as a better chance.... Well that 7 hours turned out to be the base dark animal........trying solar jacko combo now... Another 7..... Shall it be another dark or more vinos.....time will only tell -.-

sand
12-20-14, 04:25 AM
One of the MANY posts on here on what to breed to as a better chance.... Well that 7 hours turned out to be the base dark animal........trying solar jacko combo now... Another 7..... Shall it be another dark or more vinos.....time will only tell -.-

You must have had Water in the mix to get the Skyger, no? You shouldn't be able to get that fail from SolarSimian-Jackalope. Your 7-hour breed must be either Pheasant, Vinotaur, Reindeer or Poodle.

maizee0404
12-20-14, 04:33 AM
Think i have the white xmas lion breeding i got 8hrs...i used reindeer and reindeer...i still need poodle tho :)

sand
12-20-14, 04:37 AM
Well Satyr Sanctuary finally got a break from the Ferrets. Pony & Panda booked 7 hours this morning. Now if it turns out to be a Vinotaur, I'm sorry but I'm gonna make it onto Santa's naughty list for the earful of cussing I'll be engaging in.
LOL. It's probably the Reindeer, which seems to drop more readily than Poodle.

It was Reindeer for Satyr Sanctuary. FINALLY!

Well, Zenobia, we've both now broken the ice on this mission impossible. The Ferrets have resumed their fury on both Satyr Sanctuary and Forest Gump, but lets just hope any future 7-hour timers don't keep producing duplicate Reindeer. Vash-Naroom now has eight of those -- one getting busy with the Poodle and seven wee little fawns cavorting in the Fire Fields.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsba0ef194.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsba0ef194.jpg.html)

sand
12-20-14, 04:41 AM
Think i have the white xmas lion breeding i got 8hrs...i used reindeer and reindeer...i still need poodle tho :)

Sweet! I'll take Claws over Poodle or Reindeer any day. But of course we want them all. Congratulations. I didn't even know he was 8 hours.

readysetgo888
12-20-14, 07:34 AM

Well, Zenobia, we've both now broken the ice on this mission impossible. The Ferrets have resumed their fury on both Satyr Sanctuary and Forest Gump, but lets just hope any future 7-hour timers don't keep producing duplicate Reindeer. Vash-Naroom now has eight of those -- one getting busy with the Poodle and seven wee little fawns cavorting in the Fire Fields.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/SandScapes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsba0ef194.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/SandScapes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsba0ef194.jpg.html)

Lol at all those Reindeer... They are so cute. I hope you named them Dasher and Dancer etc...

maizee0404
12-20-14, 07:38 AM
Sweet! I'll take Claws over Poodle or Reindeer any day. But of course we want them all. Congratulations. I didn't even know he was 8 hours.

Thanks! Fingers crossed it is :)

littlebridge
12-20-14, 09:48 AM
No christmas animals for me yet, after what feels like eons... :confused: :(

maizee0404
12-20-14, 10:11 AM
Wuhoo it was a santa claws :) now for poodle

keller63
12-20-14, 11:38 AM
My first 7 hour timer so far, lets hope its one of the three christmas ones as i can work on vinotaur another day

Aernak
12-20-14, 12:33 PM

Gratz Sand!!!

Aernak
12-20-14, 12:34 PM
My first 7 hour timer so far, lets hope its one of the three christmas ones as i can work on vinotaur another day

Good luck!!!!

jacdragonslair
12-20-14, 02:45 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps9f3ead5c.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps9f3ead5c.jpg.html)

My 1st Xmas animal (first try Pony x Panda combo). Yay!!! My luck sure DID change after getting Unicorn!! Just after hatching and putting Baby Unicorn to sleep...throw this combo in, saw 7 hrs, speeded and viola!! :D. Here's hoping this lucky streak will continue till New Year hahaha...

Goodbye to pre-Unicorn days...which yields endless Ferrets and Vinotaurs with various Rare and Superrares Leaf-Fire combos...

Good luck to all ...and Merry XMas and Happy New Year everyone !!!

Buttercup0001
12-20-14, 03:32 PM
Still not being able to breed one christmas animals despite trying to breed them
since they have been released and its not like I haven't been trying. Countless fairy ferrets, jackolopes and vinotaurs. I breed fire and nature and nothing. Why does TL make it impossible for some player's to get them. Im getting so disheartened with this game. Its just BS.

keller63
12-20-14, 04:46 PM
Good luck!!!!

Thank you thank you.

Turns out it was my first Christmas, my poodle. Can't wait for it to hatch, its destined to be bred like its out of fashion for the last 3 :). Such a shame a jackolope is in the breed timer though, 3rd one of those now

Used gems I got from gaining lv6 in wander land to speed it and got another 7hour timer, hope it's not a repeat of what others got and getting swamped with poodles. Wish I hadn't put aurora Pegasus in to evolve now, got to wait until tomorrow to evolve poodle to start in breeding. But then I will find out in the morning what I have. Fingers crossed

sweetypies97
12-20-14, 09:13 PM
Oh my goodness. I just put a present pheasant on the nest. After weeks of fails, I have successfully bred the poodle, reindeer, Santa claws and pheasant within a few days.

I truly and genuinely hope that everyone else having no luck turns the corner like I did.

silkemm
12-20-14, 11:45 PM
You must have had Water in the mix to get the Skyger, no? You shouldn't be able to get that fail from SolarSimian-Jackalope. Your 7-hour breed must be either Pheasant, Vinotaur, Reindeer or Poodle.

~sigh~ it was pheasant ugh -.-

silkemm
12-20-14, 11:46 PM
Still not being able to breed one christmas animals despite trying to breed them
since they have been released and its not like I haven't been trying. Countless fairy ferrets, jackolopes and vinotaurs. I breed fire and nature and nothing. Why does TL make it impossible for some player's to get them. Im getting so disheartened with this game. Its just BS.

Same here. Iif i dont get anything by deadline..... Bye bye game back to dragons

keller63
12-21-14, 08:41 AM
So so sorry that you guys are struggling so much. I missed out on pumpkin panda and cold turkey but I'm not too upset as we already have a panda and I didn't really like the colour mix of the cold turkey.

Not trying to rub anything in, but this morning I woke up to present pheasant so I'm quite happy as I like this one. My second Holliday one, got poodle yesterday. Another fairy ferret in the mix now though :p

I honestly hope your luck turns around and you see some results soon. Just to try and help I got those two with pyro and pandafodil. Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you

DragonMoon006
12-21-14, 10:11 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsa520780b.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsa520780b.jpg.html)

Yay!! 1st Xmas animal too -- a Reindeer!!! 3rd time with newly bred Pheasant x YuleMule after speeding thro a few ferrets.

sanya87
12-21-14, 11:06 AM
Finally got them all after many many fails... good luck to everyone still struggling!

dragonloona
12-21-14, 11:47 AM
holy COW - check out my nest - attempt #85 worked! I have a reindeer egggggggggggggg :D :D :D :D :D :D

This gives me tremendous hope for everyone else out there still trying. It IS possible to get one even after nearly 100 fails!

Congratulations! !!!!!!! Zenobia42 I told you one day you would get the Christmas creatures soon!!!! Soooo happy for you AND Sand!!!!!! And I won't stop sending gems till you get all 3!!!!!

jacdragonslair
12-21-14, 12:25 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps9f3ead5c.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps9f3ead5c.jpg.html)

My 1st Xmas animal (first try Pony x Panda combo). Yay!!! My luck sure DID change after getting Unicorn!! Just after hatching and putting Baby Unicorn to sleep...throw this combo in, saw 7 hrs, speeded and viola!! :D. Here's hoping this lucky streak will continue till New Year hahaha...

Goodbye to pre-Unicorn days...which yields endless Ferrets and Vinotaurs with various Rare and Superrares Leaf-Fire combos...

Good luck to all ...and Merry XMas and Happy New Year everyone !!!

And today...same combo !! Sooo happy!! Tomorrow?? Hopefully Santa TL brings Santa Claws to my isle...hahaha..

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsd7efcd91.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsd7efcd91.jpg.html)

zenobia42
12-21-14, 09:26 PM
I have 8 hours in my den! Reindeer + fairy ferret. Next I try for the poodle. :)

AuntyRose32
12-21-14, 10:02 PM
Finally got poodle a few days ago, no luck with reindeer so far. Still hoping though.

itdragson
12-21-14, 10:35 PM
I got the poodle and the reindeer on the first day. Can't get the Lion, 2 more reindeers and 3 extra poodles. Got the Pheasant first try. Anyone bred the Lion any tricks? Thanks for any help.
Hooray got Sant Paws
Next this Menoram is making me hate the birds I keep getting lol

flowless
12-21-14, 10:45 PM
I got the poodle and the reindeer on the first day. Can't get the Lion, 2 more reindeers and 3 extra poodles. Got the Pheasant first try. Anyone bred the Lion any tricks? Thanks for any help.

Try reindeer and pony for Santa
Only two possibilities reindeer and Santa

That's what some reported here
I got it regular way with reindeer and poodle Judy cuz I was trying also for present

esmeetje1990
12-22-14, 02:34 AM
I've gotten numerous Toy Poodles already but still no Reindeer :/ Aren't they supposed to be equally rare? I also already got the Pheasant. Seems like the Reindeer just doesn't want to come to my island.

kestrelcatcher
12-22-14, 08:33 AM

Try 2 reindeer, that is how I finally did it.

keller63
12-22-14, 09:47 AM
Think I may have just put Santa claws in the oven. Poodle and pyro 8hour timer. Hopefully it is then just the reindeer to go :)

keller63
12-22-14, 09:59 AM

Like my last post said, poodle and pyro I think I just got it. 8 hour timer just waiting for it to hit the nest to find out for sure. Wasn't hoping for the claws either, trying for reindeer :)

jptheripper
12-22-14, 10:02 AM

Lion????

keller63
12-22-14, 10:04 AM
Lion????

Santa claws is a lion, they are trying to get Santa claws.

readysetgo888
12-22-14, 11:13 AM
I've gotten numerous Toy Poodles already but still no Reindeer :/ Aren't they supposed to be equally rare? I also already got the Pheasant. Seems like the Reindeer just doesn't want to come to my island.

I'm like that except I can't get Poodle, but have multiple Reindeers. It seems like a lot of players have experienced this. It's almost like one of the two is always "rarer" for certain forests.

I currently have a Reindeer fail and another 7 hour breed... very much hoping it will be one of the two I don't have yet!

Buttercup0001
12-22-14, 02:06 PM
Got a 7hr breeding time with a jackolope and solar simian........fingers crossed (and everything else crossed) that its a Christmas animal (to date still no Christmas animals in my forest) and not another vinotaur.

keller63
12-22-14, 05:34 PM
Yup, it was a Santa Claws. Now another ferret coming :( but its not too bad :)

jacdragonslair
12-23-14, 02:04 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsd03bcc7c.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsd03bcc7c.jpg.html)

Got this Fantastic 'fail' with Reindeer x ToyPoodle while trying for Santa Claws. Got all 3 animals while baby Unicorn still sleeping lol...

So far no duplicates yet on all 3 ....a handful of ferrets though lol...

Try reindeer and pony for Santa
Only two possibilities reindeer and Santa

That's what some reported here
I got it regular way with reindeer and poodle Judy cuz I was trying also for present

Like my last post said, poodle and pyro I think I just got it. 8 hour timer just waiting for it to hit the nest to find out for sure. Wasn't hoping for the claws either, trying for reindeer :)

Will try these combos instead. Thx flowless and keller and congrats to both of you and others who manage to breed Santa Claws.

Zaroi
12-23-14, 05:26 AM
Still no poodle. What combination do you recommend?

ToshiNoMiya
12-23-14, 05:42 AM
I've been able to get the Santa Claws - two - by breeding the Reindeer with other animals, but I can't get a Toypoodle... T_T

People who got it, what combinations did you get it from?

OT, I tried breeding Reindeer with Werewold to get a Toypoodle - I have three Reindeers and no Toypoodle T_T - and was completely shocked when it resulted in a 45 hour egg!!! I still want to Toypoodle, but WOW, what a Christmas gift! <3

EviBrooklyn
12-23-14, 06:32 AM
I've been able to get the Santa Claws - two - by breeding the Reindeer with other animals, but I can't get a Toypoodle... T_T

OT, I tried breeding Reindeer with Werewold to get a Toypoodle - I have three Reindeers and no Toypoodle T_T - and was completely shocked when it resulted in a 45 hour egg!!! I still want to Toypoodle, but WOW, what a Christmas gift! <3

Congrats on your unicorn
Much more valuable than toy poodle :)

swstar
12-23-14, 06:51 AM
just got toy poodle with panda and pyro...20 plus tries..

elvos85
12-23-14, 08:42 AM
I just got poodle only since this event start and I'm keep try and try and try still no luck to get another two !!!������

Aernak
12-23-14, 08:43 AM
I have 8 hours in my den! Reindeer + fairy ferret. Next I try for the poodle. :)

I see a poodle egg on your nest! Gratz finally, Zen!

Aernak
12-23-14, 08:44 AM

Wow congrats!! I am so jealous!! ;-D

Drachenia
12-23-14, 07:05 PM
I finally Reindeer and Santa Claws. The Santa Claws I got with Toy Poodle / Pyro pony, with Present Pheasant / Pyro pony I got Reindeer. I'm so glad all Christmas Creatures I get it. I wish everyone a happy Merry Christmas :D

zenobia42
12-23-14, 08:31 PM
I got the poodle to complete my collection.

I used panda and pony. I stopped messing around with all the other animal combos and decided to KISS (keep it simple, stupid) it.

I see a poodle egg on your nest! Gratz finally, Zen!
THANKS!!! :D

dragonloona
12-23-14, 10:02 PM
I got the poodle to complete my collection.

I used panda and pony. I stopped messing around with all the other animal combos and decided to KISS (keep it simple, stupid) it.

THANKS!!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS ZENOBIA! !!!!!! SEE YOU GOT ALL 3 CHRISTMAS CREATURES, and BEFORE Christmas too!!!!! Again congratulations and VERY HAPPY for you!!!!

To be honest, I think you should try for the limited present pheasant before its gone!!! But prey you get more new creatures soon!!!!!!! And to all who hasn't been lucky breeding the Christmas creatures, DON'T GIVE UP!!! Wish all lots of luck!!!!

PernReloaded
12-23-14, 10:45 PM

I used Pony and Panda to get Reindeer, but your best bet might be Reindeer and Panda since then you might get Xmas element with Nature for it, along with the regular fire x nature tries.

Also man, seems like I should be trying for a Unicorn right now!

@ Zenobia - CONGRATS! That is FANTASTIC! So happy you finally got them all ;.;

ahomeforme
12-24-14, 02:06 AM
I. feel like. giving up. Been trying since first day and have only gotten one poodle and countless ferrets, several fallaby, some vino...

Can you believe I still have 10 eggs in storage from previous events because my nest has been occupied non-stop trying for the limited time animals??

Edit: Woah, I think sometimes we really do need to voice out our despair and get it out of the system. Guess what happened after I wrote the above? I got Santa Claws on my nest now! Bred pony n poodle. No reindeer yet.

12-24-14, 03:33 AM
I Just got Santa Claws (I think)-Well, I bred a reindeer and pyro pony and it's eight hours so...... Present Pheasant next:D

YAY!!!!!

Sweet_Cali_Rose
12-24-14, 10:11 AM
I can't get the reindeer. Any clues? I keep breeding panda & pony, just keep getting ferrets.....

zenobia42
12-24-14, 11:25 AM
I can't get the reindeer. Any clues? I keep breeding panda & pony, just keep getting ferrets.....

Just keep plugging away. I got my reindeer (my first Xmas element animal) on my 85th try, using panda + pony. Most tries I used that combo. Some I tried others but I honestly don't think it matters. Just have the correct elements in the den for what you are aiming for and cross your fingers. Good luck! In this game, you need a lot of it. :)

keller63
12-24-14, 03:32 PM
been trying the poodle and pony for over a day now for the reindeer and nothing so far, ferrets and fallaby, although i did get santa from this combo. Does the reindeer actually work with this combo, anyone done this and can confirm it? (i know techincally, if santa came should for reindeer) i just want to check.

changed to pony and panda again as thats what i used when got panda but 3h timer again.

goodluck to anyone still trying and have a great day tomorrow xx

DragonMoon006
12-24-14, 06:22 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zps8041c6ba.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zps8041c6ba.jpg.html)

Woooohoooo!!! I got it!! XMas Collection completed!! Soon Santa Claws and his pet poodle will be riding on a sleigh drag by 6 reindeers (1 adult and 5 babies ...yet to be named) accompanied by bagful of Present Pheasant in this joyous XMas morning!!! Ho ho ho ho MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

itdragson
12-25-14, 04:46 AM
Anyone know the combo for Sea Owl? All tims appreciated .
Cheers

Mimbiville
12-25-14, 03:11 PM
I'm a little confused. The quest for Santa makes it sound like you have to breed poodle and reindeer to get Santa, but it looks like you can breed either poodle and pyro or reindeer and pyro to get Santa (according to some posts in this thread). We have been trying poodle and reindeer constantly for several days now on three accounts with no luck. Think I'm going to try reindeer and pyro next.

keller63
12-25-14, 08:19 PM
Well time to bid this thread farewell. Christmas morning got me my reindeer. collection complete alongside the present pheasant :) just gotta get through this tournament for the Noel elephant but meanwhile my nest works hard one lightning hybrids, the one main hybrid I'm missing, got a conductor and now a 12 hour timer.

I wish you guys the best of luck who's still trying :)

Buttercup0001
12-26-14, 04:02 PM
Yay I finally was able to breed a Christmas animal. I think it's the poodle. I'm so happy that finally after weeks and weeks of fairy ferrets, jackolopes and vinotaurs my forest will finally have a Chrissy animal.

jacdragonslair
12-27-14, 06:23 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Qjiwawajaime/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsab82897a.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/Qjiwawajaime/media/FFS/imagejpg1_zpsab82897a.jpg.html)

Yesss!!! SantaClaws!! 1st try with this combo (result is either Reindeer, SantaClaws or Ruby Razorback - which would definitely be the PERFECT fail present this XMas!!!)

Has been using Reindeer x Pony (result either Reindeer or Santa) yielded tons of baby Reindeers....

And Xmas collection completed too.....all within a week...:)

So guys if you have a Unicorn and do not have Santa or RubyRazorback yet this is the perfect combo for both. Gd luck

Brambles2
12-27-14, 11:02 PM
NO CHRISTMAS SPIRIT SHOWN BY TL

I foolishly thought that perhaps TL might increase the odds on Christmas animals from Christmas Eve for holiday period, but despite almost constant breeding for Christmas animals, not a single one has appeared. Considering the Reindeer & Poodle are allegedly Rare, why so many super rare Vinatours amongst the Ferret fails?!

Why could the THEMED animals obtained through EFFORT rather than luck, Yule Mule & Noelephant, not have Christmas element? ( I'd love moderators to obtain the reasoning behind this, please.) seems unfair to withhold an element useful in Battle Arena.

Since they were launched, I've had only four breaks from trying Nature/Fire, obviously also failed for Menoram & Golden Retreiver, though my 2nd try for that was with wrong pair as tried Beagle.
Seriously dispirited, hope luck changes as else I may well delete a game which "could" & should be enjoyable. This is merely disappointing & frustrating, why waste more of my precious time this way?
I don't expect every Super/Ultra Rare, but Reindeer & Poodle are only Rare, allegedly.

I also failed for Cold Turkey & Pumpkin Panda/Unicornicopia amongst others. These were disappointing, yet as they contained no new element won't affect my future battles,which with Workd Events are seemingly the only way I obtain new Super Rares.
Fingers crossed for a pleasant surprise when I revert to Wretched Pyro/Panda pair tomorrow.

I have previously deleted & reinstalled game to no avail.

STILL YEARNING FOR REINDEER OR POODLE, in time for chance at Santa.

AuntyRose32
12-28-14, 04:14 PM
I just got my Santa Claws this morning, so I'm very happy. It took me a long time to get Poodle and Reindeer. I got Poodle first, about a week ago or a little less and the Reindeer about four days ago. Then this morning came Santa Claws, I bred Reindeer and Pyro Pony to get him. I'm glad I'm done with these guys as it was hard going when all I was getting was the dreaded Fairy Ferret! I missed out on trying for the Present Pheasent, which I'm a bit bummed about but I guess you can't win them all. To everyone who is still trying I wish you luck, it's not over yet so keep trying you may be surprised how quickly they come in the end. I really didn't think I'd be successful at all but I'm glad now I stuck with it.

readysetgo888
12-28-14, 06:54 PM
We still have 5 days, right? I think the goal says we have less than that. Was supposed to be through Friday.

I guess I will go back to trying exclusively for the Poodle and just hope that I get it in the next few days. I really do want it... I got the Reindeer and Santa Claws pretty easily but no Poodle.

I'm so sorry to those of you that still have none of them. So awful.

Brambles2
12-28-14, 07:15 PM
Fingers crossed, after three more ferrets, I've seven hours again. Surely it CANNOT be another Super Rare Vinotaur to sell straight from nest, I've kept seven of the blighters, then sold a few more.

Buttercup0001
12-28-14, 07:40 PM
Fingers crossed, after three more ferrets, I've seven hours again. Surely it CANNOT be another Super Rare Vinotaur to sell straight from nest, I've kept seven of the blighters, then sold a few more.

Fingers crossd here for you buddy and I share your pain.....I have been breeding fire/nature to get a Christmas animal since they were released and have just breed my 1st poodle. Countless fails of fairy ferrets, jackolopes and vinotaurs. Why does TL make it easy for some players to bred them yet for others its a total nightmare. Totally unfair.
Good luck to you

Brambles2
12-29-14, 05:03 AM
QUESTIONS: MODERATORS, please strive to obtain answers:

1. Please elucidate as to the reasoning behind FAILING to include the Christmas element in the " obtained via effort" Christmas animals, Yule Mule & Noelephant?
Fine to miss out on a limited animal, totally MEAN to deprive players who HAVE tried almost constantly to breed Reindeer or Poodle of AN ELEMENT USEFUL IN ALL FUTURE TOURNAMENTS.

2. On what criteria are certain accounts selected to have the odds of whichever SUPER Rare is a (double the time) FAIL for desired RARE animal tweaked? No fair RNG would produce these results, amazing it never happens for a desired animal. I'm up to about 16 Super Rare Vinotaurs amongst the anticipated Ferrets & occasional Jackalope.

3. After the FIASCO of multiple rollbacks caused by being inundated by the pop-ups to try other games which beset players from Christmas Eve till 27th, surely TL programmers have ability to LEAVE THE TASKS, just remove the, beyond irritating, game-failing pop-ups? Surely this problem should have been foreseen?
Instead, those of us who quite reasonably devoted three days over Christmas to family & friends, having read that we had 5 or 6 days left on TL timers to benefit from these download opportunities, find the chance removed totally the first day we would have time to download them. Cutting by half the ADVERTISED TIMESPAN is, yet again, unfair & extremely poor business practice.
Please discover when these games will be re-offered, ideally one or at most two at a time?

There is so much that is GOOD about this game, the designs are fabulous, it is a shame that the company seemingly delights in frustrating the players.

Anyway, back to striving to breed Reindeer or Poodle in time to get Santa. Results since yesterday, Ferrets, Jackalope, VINOTAUR, aaaaaaargh, Ferret, Ferret.

Brambles2
12-29-14, 05:04 AM
Thanks, Buttercup. Congratulations on your Poodle, Good luck for Santa Claws.

Drachenia
12-29-14, 08:52 AM

1. Please elucidate as to the reasoning behind FAILING to include the Christmas element in the " obtained via effort" Christmas animals, Yule Mule & Noelephant?
Fine to miss out on a limited animal, totally MEAN to deprive players who HAVE tried almost constantly to breed Reindeer or Poodle of AN ELEMENT USEFUL IN ALL FUTURE TOURNAMENTS.

2. On what criteria are certain accounts selected to have the odds of whichever SUPER Rare is a (double the time) FAIL for desired RARE animal tweaked? No fair RNG would produce these results, amazing it never happens for a desired animal. I'm up to about 16 Super Rare Vinotaurs amongst the anticipated Ferrets & occasional Jackalope.

3. After the FIASCO of multiple rollbacks caused by being inundated by the pop-ups to try other games which beset players from Christmas Eve till 27th, surely TL programmers have ability to LEAVE THE TASKS, just remove the, beyond irritating, game-failing pop-ups? Surely this problem should have been foreseen?
Instead, those of us who quite reasonably devoted three days over Christmas to family & friends, having read that we had 5 or 6 days left on TL timers to benefit from these download opportunities, find the chance removed totally the first day we would have time to download them. Cutting by half the ADVERTISED TIMESPAN is, yet again, unfair & extremely poor business practice.
Please discover when these games will be re-offered, ideally one or at most two at a time?

There is so much that is GOOD about this game, the designs are fabulous, it is a shame that the company seemingly delights in frustrating the players.

Anyway, back to striving to breed Reindeer or Poodle in time to get Santa. Results since yesterday, Ferrets, Jackalope, VINOTAUR, aaaaaaargh, Ferret, Ferret.

Hi I have used forever with all the red / green animals to breed until I got reindeer, it took about 4 weeks until I got it. I got 6 or 7 Toy Poodle, but no reindeer. It takes a lot of patience to breed it, for example Pyro Pony / Fairy Ferret then do not breed for just 1 day with it. There may be 2 or more days with the same breeding pair need to reindeer or Toy Poodle to get it

sweetypies97
12-30-14, 04:54 AM
My poor son is having such a hard time getting a Santa claws. He has saved up his gems for so long and has spent so many, but still nothing. Poor kid :(

readysetgo888
12-30-14, 06:45 AM
My poor son is having such a hard time getting a Santa claws. He has saved up his gems for so long and has spent so many, but still nothing. Poor kid :(

Are you breeding Pony X Reindeer? That's what you need to be doing.

readysetgo888
12-30-14, 07:17 AM
Just want to say this again (so not stuck on the bottom of the last page) for anyone who doesn't know. If you are trying for Santa Claws, breed REINDEER X PONY. This way your only possible outcomes are another Reindeer or Santa Claws. You eliminate all the Nature-Fire fails.

I totally share your frustration and I think you should come post this in its own thread, or in someone's new frustrated thread that was just started, or in my Frustrated Breeders thread. That way, more people will read it.

As for why only three of the 239432490 Christmas animals had the Christmas element, the theory is that it's because they wanted to try to coerce people into purchasing the Christmas habitat so that those three animals could go together... This is UNBELIEVABLY stupid and obnoxious - creating a new Christmas element and giving it to only a small fraction of the Christmas animals because of greed. The only reason why I can think of that this element was created in the first place is because it made it so that the only way Reindeer and Poodle could share a habitat is if you spend $20 on one. That's why the free event habitat didn't have the Christmas element and probably why the animals didn't either. That kind of unnecessary stuff just really gets to me.

I am in thorough and complete agreement about the pop ups and ads over Christmas. They RUINED the gaming experience until TL finally decided to take them off. I was experiencing roll backs during the tournament and having to recollect coins and crops... basically having to let the game load for like 10 minutes to make sure ALL the pop ups were done before I tried to do anything. Completely ridiculous.

I was also very frustrated that their solution was to remove the ads AND the tasks... quite aggravating to give us a time limit and then take it away before that time limit is up. I will say though, they did put the tasks back without the pop ups (mostly, anyway). So I do feel better about that... not that I need another crappy TL game on my phone.

Hopefully you do manage to get a Christmas animal in the last few days. Absolutely unfair that you couldn't get one yet, but there is still a little time. Only other thing I wanted to say is don't worry about the Christmas element in tournaments... I don't think it offers any advantage over just using a Nature super rare (of which everyone gets at least Sloth) to fight Toucan, and because there are so few animals with it and those animals are going away, I doubt that we'll see it crop up as important against any future elements either.

And I'll just stick this here as a footnote... I finally got my Poodle... almost right away after returning to Nature-Fire attempts. I was anticipating it might take the full rest of the week, so very happy to get it so soon.

Aernak
12-30-14, 07:57 AM

My son can't get one either. :( He was the first in our house to get a poodle, and then he got a second poodle... But no luck beyond that. :( They make it way too difficult. Makes it unfun.

faeriedust
12-30-14, 07:59 AM
If only I was actually hatching another Tree of Life. I can live with a reindeer though. Can the Santa Claws not breed? But Poodle x Pony should work right? I'm kind of late in the game here so not sure what's going on.
The "Egg" hatching. On the bright side, I finally got my reindeer!
It looks kind of like the Christmas star. Did this glitch happen for anyone else?

elvos85
12-30-14, 09:05 AM
I still haven get my reindeer yet.. Pls help !!!

sweetypies97
12-30-14, 01:21 PM
Are you breeding Pony X Reindeer? That's what you need to be doing.

yes, that's all he has been doing.

Kevin0908
12-30-14, 03:26 PM
Sry, havent read the entire post. 50+ pgs... Any word on whether santa claws will still be breedable after the goal expires? Ive got the toy poodle & the reindeer but no luck with santa claws so far...

ninasidstorm8
12-30-14, 03:32 PM
Finally got my Santa Claws in the nest with 10 hours remaining on the goal. I wouldn't believe it until I saw the egg in the nest. I counted 83 breeding attempts in all to get the Reindeer Toy Poodle and Santa Claws. I have been trying to breed these three virtually non-stop since they came out. It will be a pleasure to move on to something else. I think it was a coincidence but I did raise the level of the Reindeer to 10 just before getting the Santa Claws. The combo I used was a level 10 Reindeer and a Level 15 Toy Poodle to get the Santa Claws. Good luck to all those still trying.

Buttercup0001
12-30-14, 04:37 PM
Finally was successful in breeding the reindeer and the toy poodle. After I evolved my reindeer to lvl 4 I put both the poodle and reindeer into the breeding nest only to come here and read to get the santa claws these 2 dont breed it. Silly me should have come here 1st lol as I see many players got the santa claws by reindeer and pyro pony. Nevermind will try that combo in 7 hrs :/

( jackalope + solar simian = both toy poodle and reindeer) my breeding pair that I used since these Christmas animals were released. Also breed a present pheasant with this combo.

Good luck to those players still trying to breed them.

Lisa0107
12-30-14, 05:20 PM
the reindeer/poodle combo did work for me. Bred a Santa Claws on the first try with them but it was also on the first day so my I think my odds were better. But that combo definately works!

TokiChunsa
12-30-14, 06:37 PM
It took me forever to get a Reindeer, then a bunch of them before the Toy Poodle. I only have 7 hrs left and still no Santa. I just want one. Just give me one.

readysetgo888
12-30-14, 07:14 PM

I'm glad my response to this, explaining the greediness of creating the pointless Christmas element just to try to coerce people into purchasing the $20 habitat, was deleted. With absolutely no explanation as to why it was deleted.

Sorry TL if you can't handle a theory on why that was.... I'll just post it again. The Christmas element served only ONE purpose and that was to sell the $20 habitat. That's why none of the other zillion Christmas animals got to have it. Stupid, pointless, greedy.

The other part of my post was talking about how your stupid gem earning tasks kept resetting and crashing the game. It did and it was super annoying and had better not happen again. I'm fed up with this game already. And if you can't handle a post talking about the greediness of the Christmas element, maybe try not being so greedy? Then I'll have nothing to point out.

chiareh
12-30-14, 07:45 PM
Finally got my Santa Claws in the nest with 10 hours remaining on the goal. I wouldn't believe it until I saw the egg in the nest. I counted 83 breeding attempts in all to get the Reindeer Toy Poodle and Santa Claws. I have been trying to breed these three virtually non-stop since they came out. It will be a pleasure to move on to something else. I think it was a coincidence but I did raise the level of the Reindeer to 10 just before getting the Santa Claws. The combo I used was a level 10 Reindeer and a Level 15 Toy Poodle to get the Santa Claws. Good luck to all those still trying.

I raised my Reindeer to level 10 before I finally stopped getting ferrets (I was getting fallabys/vinotaur, etc), then at level 14, I got the santa Claws. Level might be worth bumping, if at all possibly for anyone else. :) Good luck!

Vodelle
12-30-14, 08:15 PM
I'm glad my response to this, explaining the greediness of creating the pointless Christmas element just to try to coerce people into purchasing the $20 habitat, was deleted. With absolutely no explanation as to why it was deleted.

Sorry TL if you can't handle a theory on why that was.... I'll just post it again. The Christmas element served only ONE purpose and that was to sell the $20 habitat. That's why none of the other zillion Christmas animals got to have it. Stupid, pointless, greedy.

The other part of my post was talking about how your stupid gem earning tasks kept resetting and crashing the game. It did and it was super annoying and had better not happen again. I'm fed up with this game already. And if you can't handle a post talking about the greediness of the Christmas element, maybe try not being so greedy? Then I'll have nothing to point out.
Hmm. Sounds like poor form to delete posts and not even mention it within the thread.

Not sure how your post was irrelevant, either. Discussing the xmas element and the holiday habitat seems well within the bounds of a "christmas creatures" thread.

Also, may I just note, I do find it disappointing that the holiday habitat never went on sale? (Or did I miss it?) 500 gems for a 3-animal habitat just isn't a good deal, especially since you can't even store habitats later. I think FFS missed out on capitalizing on xmas itunes gift cards etc by having an after-xmas sale. Sucks for them, I guess!

EviBrooklyn
12-30-14, 10:18 PM
Hmm. Sounds like poor form to delete posts and not even mention it within the thread.

Not sure how your post was irrelevant, either. Discussing the xmas element and the holiday habitat seems well within the bounds of a "christmas creatures" thread.

Also, may I just note, I do find it disappointing that the holiday habitat never went on sale? (Or did I miss it?) 500 gems for a 3-animal habitat just isn't a good deal, especially since you can't even store habitats later. I think FFS missed out on capitalizing on xmas itunes gift cards etc by having an after-xmas sale. Sucks for them, I guess!

Yup, I've got $250 iTunes gift card sitting in my desk and I wont spend a penny especially after the experience I had with the golden retriever, in which case I spend over 2000 gems on speeding the breedings and didn't get it
I thought they'll have a sale for Christmas but nope, bc FFS is like Louis Vuitton of the iOS games, no sales for holiday like everyone else
Well guess what, I only own one Louis Vuitton and I wont buy another either bc honestly I don't see what the big deal is about that brand
Same goes for this game, why would I spend anymore, there's plenty of other entertainment out there.
I'm not even speeding the breeding for the new release today bc frankly I don't care if I get it...

#100%Fedup

Oh well

Happy New Year everyone :)

TokiChunsa
12-31-14, 01:53 AM
I just realized that I could have lowered the odds with Reindeer and Pyro Pony. I feel so stupid.

readysetgo888
12-31-14, 07:31 AM
I just realized that I could have lowered the odds with Reindeer and Pyro Pony. I feel so stupid.

Awww don't feel stupid. It was very unfair for TL to make it seem like the only way to get Santa Claws was to do Reindeer and Poodle. That was totally unnecessary on their part. I'm sure most people didn't realize you could use Reindeer and Pony. I tried to post it from time to time but of course not everyone got to see it.

I feel bad for those who play this game without knowing about the help you can get from the forum...

Vodelle
12-31-14, 07:43 AM
Awww don't feel stupid. It was very unfair for TL to make it seem like the only way to get Santa Claws was to do Reindeer and Poodle. That was totally unnecessary on their part. I'm sure most people didn't realize you could use Reindeer and Pony. I tried to post it from time to time but of course not everyone got to see it.

I feel bad for those who play this game without knowing about the help you can get from the forum...
No kidding, if I wasn't the sort to look things up online / find communities I'm not sure I would have thought through the pyro pony + reindeer thing (even though once it's pointed out it becomes kind of obvious why it's the better choice). Though I also imagine if you don't care to look up the combo for something you're really interested in then you're probably really 'casual' anyway (as casual as you can get on a casual game that is, haha).

sweetypies97
12-31-14, 02:35 PM

Don't feel too bad, that's the breeding combination my son used and he didn't get one either. He spent hundreds of gems speed breeding and has nothing but disappointment to show for it. The poor kid, he can't breed a unicorn either, he tried for months then focused on the christmas animals.

orleansparish
12-31-14, 06:46 PM
Yup, I've got $250 iTunes gift card sitting in my desk and I wont spend a penny especially after the experience I had with the golden retriever, in which case I spend over 2000 gems on speeding the breedings and didn't get it
I thought they'll have a sale for Christmas but nope, bc FFS is like Louis Vuitton of the iOS games, no sales for holiday like everyone else
Well guess what, I only own one Louis Vuitton and I wont buy another either bc honestly I don't see what the big deal is about that brand
Same goes for this game, why would I spend anymore, there's plenty of other entertainment out there.
I'm not even speeding the breeding for the new release today bc frankly I don't care if I get it...

#100%Fedup

Oh well

Like I always say on dragon to players who gripe about speeding more gems than an item is worth. No one forced you to do so. If it's pride that makes you want to breed it yourself that's fine. But there is no idealogy Teamlava provides that says a dragon/creature will be less valuable if you breed it the hard/long way. Or buy it. This dog was on sale. I don't know if it still is. Better to not buy gems as you mentioned or use it for something else. But to spend so much speeding anything is a but much, to then get upset if we don't get what we want.

The most I've spent on a dragon was maybe 500-600 trying for unicorn and da. Didn't fault anyone when others got it before me and great fails too. Just said I'll get it when I get it and never rushed to buy gold for any thing ever again. Still waiting for prism. Threw my hands up at this dummy xmas Santa Claus. Might save you a headache if you consider the same. It's all fun!

orleansparish
12-31-14, 06:49 PM
Btw, it's cruel to have so many red/green creatures. And to have so many around the same hours. Nothing so be so complicated to get. I tried for weeks! Every day. As many times as possible. Two toy poodles and more of whstever that common 3 hour brat that I cannot name. I'm trying for the yeti and super rares now. Think I got the menorah thing. Have to look at the egg to be sure. Then Im trying for the dog.

flowless
01-01-15, 02:20 AM

#100%Fedup

Oh well

Haha at the louis vuitton
Thats the best description o heard

Funny thing i can easily afford to buy gems all the time
And save my self this anxiety attack i get over tournament and limited animals
But i like the challenge
And i would consider buying only for habits or a feature

Good luck everyone last day for christmas animlas

sand
01-01-15, 07:33 AM
This has been the most disgusting experience. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather endure the 6-day limited runs. That way, if I come up empty, I've only suffered for a week. A whole month of Nature-Fire fails is downright nauseating. Adding insult to injury were the introduction of new and likewise limited Nature-Fire hybrids which should have produced some positive fails if they were not as elusive as the Christmas Present animals themselves.

Satyr Sanctuary had the worst experience. A couple Reindeer, no Poodle, no Santa, no Pheasant. Why I'm even still trying is beyond me.

Vash-Naroom produced over 20 Reindeer, and got a Pheasant and second Poodle along the way, but still no Santa.

Yesterday, AFTER the Chrstmas Present Trio goal expired, Forest Gump finally bred Santa, and can now do something else. No super-rare fails along the way for this forest either, but at least the Trio will be complete on this one forest.

TeamLava, please don't EVER do this to us again. You picked the least valuable element combo (Nature-Fire) as fails for this protracted torture in which the breeding odds for the limited animals seemed inordinately depressed while the regular non-limited rares and commons constantly polluted our Tree of Life. With the World Event bestowing more super-rare Nature-Fires than one could ever desire, not even a Vinotaur fail would have been welcome in this mostly fruitless quest for the Trio. The urge to complete a limited collection or have a full album (almost) is the only real motive for players to endure this. It's a motive that's becoming increasingly bleak. Those who didn't quit during this fiasco will most certainly bail if you pull this sick stunt again.

orleansparish
01-01-15, 07:39 AM
This has been the most disgusting experience. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather endure the 6-day limited runs. That way, if I come up empty, I've only suffered for a week. A whole month of Nature-Fire fails is downright nauseating. Adding insult to injury were the introduction of new and likewise limited Nature-Fire hybrids which should have produced some positive fails if they were not as elusive as the Christmas Present animals themselves.

Satyr Sanctuary had the worst experience. A couple Reindeer, no Poodle, no Santa, no Pheasant. Why I'm even still trying is beyond me.

Vash-Naroom produced over 20 Reindeer, and got a Pheasant and second Poodle along the way, but still no Santa.

Yesterday, AFTER the Chrstmas Present Trio goal expired, Forest Gump finally bred Santa, and can now do something else. No super-rare fails along the way for this forest either, but at least the Trio will be complete on this one forest.

TeamLava, please don't EVER do this to us again. You picked the least valuable element combo (Nature-Fire) as fails for this protracted torture in which the breeding odds for the limited animals seemed inordinately depressed while the regular non-limited rares and commons constantly polluted our Tree of Life. With the World Event bestowing more super-rare Nature-Fires than one could ever desire, not even a Vinotaur fail would have been welcome in this mostly fruitless quest for the Trio. The urge to complete a limited collection or have a full album (almost) is the only real motive for players to endure this. It's a motive that's becoming increasingly bleak. Those who didn't quit during this fiasco will most certainly bail if you pull this sick stunt again.

I couldn't agree more. Didn't get one stupid red and green combo dragon. Not one! If I even visit one island with santa Im putting a virtual hex onto it.

Lipand5kids
01-01-15, 09:08 PM

I so agree and just today I FINALLY get a Raindeer and it will end tomorrow! Why so dang freaking hard when all I get is fairy ferrets, Jackalopes and yes 6 Vinotaurs! Ugh this is freaking hard but after I finally got my Raindeer and then another Fairy Ferret! So no Santa, no Peasant and no Toy.

dala12
01-04-15, 01:27 PM
I do not have the Santa but I have the other two endless. It is luck that you can breed Santa. If you cannot then it is that. I do not like it but this is a game.

PernReloaded
01-04-15, 05:26 PM
I do not have the Santa but I have the other two endless. It is luck that you can breed Santa. If you cannot then it is that. I do not like it but this is a game.

Breeding anything is luck to a certain extent, but there are things you can do to raise your odds on breeding the Santa. If you have the other two, have you tried breeding the Reindeer with the Pyro Pony? Only two outcomes for that, the Reindeer or Santa.

I managed to breed them all with a lot of luck, now still working on the Menoram. I want the Menoram more than any of the Xmas animals combined...

saucysammis
01-04-15, 06:31 PM

I became as interested in this as I was in dragon story. Real interested in the beginning. I quit dragon story years ago because, while I love games and puzzles, games of chance bore me to death. Its starting to feel as though Fantasy Forest and dragon story are really no more than a slots game with a landscape. I think the full collections should be attainable and decor should be what is limited. (Room for the decor should be possible too!)
This game is looking to me like a short time money soak and I will soon be finding other ways to spend my time.

Perry9877
01-04-15, 09:31 PM
I am very, very unlucky. Probably the most unlucky person in my circle of friends. I bought gems to buy a Scarecrow not realising that it was discontinued during the daytime. I have given up the thought of having one of everything months ago. I could be in the Guiness Book of Records for breeding the most Fairy Ferrets! I think my game took pity on me and gave me a holiday present of it's own. I got the Reindeer first, and thought hmmmmm. Was trying for the Toy Poodle when I turned up with a Santa Paws. What?!? Let me check that again, yup to my wondering eyes it WAS A Santa Paws. A few breeds later I had the Toy Poodle too! Holey Frijolies, I got the Holiday trio. Then the Present Pheasant was released. No way was I going to get that one, right? Wrong, I am the owner of almost every holiday creature. I am waiting for the last of the World Contest, but then I will be overflowing with red and green creatures. What has me gutted though is that Halloween (or Samhain) is my favourite holiday. My point is that we all get luck. It may not come when you really want it to. I do not play the game as often as I used to because I agree that this game is becoming just like Dragon Story, new creatures faster than you can breed them, monotonous clones of creatures, and sky-high prices for clearing expansions (shale clearing prices are criminally high!) and no fun in the goals except for downloading and opening games. Has anyone ever finished a Battle Tourney in the Arena without gems? I know I have spent my fair share. Now I will go back to waiting for my next run of luck, the New Year's Confetti Yeti was not included in my run of luck. *sigh*

Melis2a84
01-04-15, 11:16 PM
I think breeding these animals has probably always been there we just didn't figure it out quick enough...

Melis2a84
01-05-15, 12:03 AM
Thinking back I did try unicorn with Xmas animals and yes I did just get poodle or reindeer, how would this glitch come along?

[S8] Elsa
01-05-15, 02:56 PM
We will be closing the thread in light of discussion of a possible exploit within the game. Please remember that discussing exploits or *****s is not permitted on the forums. Thank you!

Edit: To update this, there was a breeding exploit that has been resolved. If you have an active breed, you will be able to finish it. If you have a question, please direct it to Forum Disputes (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) for assistance.