PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Creatures 12-5-14

Pages : 1 [2] 3

xxxe
12-08-14, 02:34 PM
I just got an 8 hour timer. It has to the Santa Claws right? And I don't think the people that were able to breed Santa with Reindeer/ Pony will have it taken away if it were a big. During the Steamtrunk / Ruby bug, people were able to keep duplicate Rubys they got. They just fixed the bug and took Steamtrunk off the breeding list.

ninasidstorm8
12-08-14, 02:49 PM
So I'm curious, specially since staff has yet to comment on the matter...

The goal says to get Santa Claw you must breed Reindeer with Poodle (very specific). Yet, some people have been able to breed it just by having the animals type in the breeding pool (Christmas/Fire).

Is this intended behavior or a bug? Is it ok to keep trying for Santa with a combo like Reindeer and Pony or is this something that has/will be fixed? It would be good to know one way or another so people aren't wasting time and gems on a bug....

I think you are reading more into the goal then it actually says. I take the statement Breed Fire + Nature as a suggestion, not the only way to do it. It seems to me that the reason for the hint was to avoid confusion caused by the new element not a mandate of how to breed the creatures. My guess is the new element was created to allow people to group the creatures together in the new habitat. Not sure why they wouldn't just allow the habitat hold both fire and Nature creatures unless they plan to add another holiday creature that isn't Nature or Fire. Just speculating.

VenomDragon1
12-08-14, 02:56 PM
I think you are reading more into the goal then it actually says. I take the statement Breed Fire + Nature as a suggestion, not the only way to do it. It seems to me that the reason for the hint was to avoid confusion caused by the new element not a mandate of how to breed the creatures. My guess is the new element was created to allow people to group the creatures together in the new habitat. Not sure why they wouldn't just allow the habitat hold both fire and Nature creatures unless they plan to add another holiday creature that isn't Nature or Fire. Just speculating.

I'm not "reading more into it then it actually says". The goal clearly says breed nature & fire for Reindeer and Poodle. Not very specific so as long as those types are in the pool your good. It does say for Santa to breed Reindeer and Poodle... it doesn't just say the specific types required it actually names the animals...

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/6c2270fc-9eeb-4c12-a386-88a8e8228110_zpse3bba84a.jpg (http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/VenomDragon1/media/6c2270fc-9eeb-4c12-a386-88a8e8228110_zpse3bba84a.jpg.html)

readysetgo888
12-08-14, 03:00 PM
So I'm curious, specially since staff has yet to comment on the matter...

The goal says to get Santa Claw you must breed Reindeer with Poodle (very specific). Yet, some people have been able to breed it just by having the animals type in the breeding pool (Christmas/Fire).

Is this intended behavior or a bug? Is it ok to keep trying for Santa with a combo like Reindeer and Pony or is this something that has/will be fixed? It would be good to know one way or another so people aren't wasting time and gems on a bug....

I've been thinking about this too. I think it must be as they intended. We've seen how quickly they fix actual bugs in the game. The Thanksgibbon temporarily being available to breed as well as in the tournament was fixed it within 20 minutes of people saying that it happened. I believe the Steamtrunk Ruby bug was fixed within a few hours as well. I know by the time my Steamtrunk was done evolving it had already been fixed.

This, people have been saying for like two or three days now. It seems that it's still happening (I know I got one this way last night) so it's probably not something that they will be fixing.

I can't see what the goal said anymore since I already completed it, but I believe it did say Reindeer + Poodle for Santa Claws. I understand the confusion but since that's not how I got mine and it says my Santa Claws counted, I'm guessing it's ok and you should try one of the other ways.

Also, as I understand it, the only possible animals that you could get from Pony X Reindeer would be Reindeer or Santa Claws, because of the elements involved. So at worst you have self replicating Reindeers, and at best you should get a Santa Claws pretty frequently. Pony X Poodle wouldn't work this way because Poodle adds the nature element, so all the normal nature-fire animals would be available to breed as well.

It's actually kind of nice of them to make it work this way (assuming it was intended, and that the odds of getting the Santa Claws from Pony X Reindeer are as high as they seem to be).

ninasidstorm8
12-08-14, 03:22 PM
I understand your point, I read Breed Reindeer + Toy Poodle as a suggestion but that is just the way I interpret the statement. I wish you luck in breeding the creatures. I have managed to get the Toy Poodle so far, still trying for the Reindeer.

maizee0404
12-08-14, 04:18 PM
Finally a 7hr breeding time!!

Vodelle
12-08-14, 04:20 PM
Yeah, even if the quest suggestion is the "intended" way to breed Santa Claws, breeding it from something like reindeer + pyro pony makes perfect sense given the breeding mechanics in the game. (You are combining christmas&fire + fire, so you are going to get christmas&fire animals -- and right now, that's only two of them.)

I am assuming that doing it the other way (reindeer + poodle) means you are doing christmas&fire + christmas&nature which then gives you christmas&fire, christmas&nature, fire&nature combos and is thus more likely to fail. They could in theory give that particular breeding combination its own higher specific chance to get the santa claws, but that's just speculation. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the elements & potential breeding outcomes.

PernReloaded
12-08-14, 04:46 PM
I figure my odds for Reindeer when breeding Poodle and Pyro are the same as with any fire/nature combo, so I'm back to Pandoffil and Pony. Three fails and counting.

s_lynne
12-08-14, 05:35 PM
I'm getting so darn fed up with this goal. All I keep getting are those Fairy Ferrets. SMH!!!!!

my607
12-08-14, 05:38 PM
I tired of ferrets too but can't seem to breed the poodle. So now I'm going back to pony and Pandaoffi . I hope I will get it in a few tries. I got my second reindeer now.

Aernak
12-08-14, 06:07 PM
I'm getting so darn fed up with this goal. All I keep getting are those Fairy Ferrets. SMH!!!!!

These ferrets are horrible. :( i thought maybe this would suck less cuz they are only 3 hour fails, but when you get non stop 3 hour fails all day long, it sucks just as much as longer fails. UGH.

cocauina
12-08-14, 06:55 PM
After 2 Fallaby's, 1 Solar Simian and a thousand Fairy Ferret's I got 7hrs, let's see if it's not a Vinotaur.

Fantasmagoria
12-08-14, 08:20 PM
After breeding nothing but fire and nature since this started, I finally got a 7 hour. Just put it on the nest and it's a Vinotaur. Ugh!

zenobia42
12-08-14, 08:22 PM
Apparently being a little bitter at failure after failure after failure is not allowed on this forum. So I am OVERJOYED to say I am now 0-for-33 on attempts to breed even just ONE Xmas animal. So, so happy about about this. This is soooooooo FUN!

EviBrooklyn
12-08-14, 08:39 PM
Guys have you considered yak or ocean owl and pyro pony? water and Fire won't give you anything so why not try it

Vodelle
12-08-14, 08:59 PM
Guys have you considered yak or ocean owl and pyro pony? water and Fire won't give you anything so why not try it
Don't water & fire have a chance of giving you a skyger?

All my successes were with just a pyro pony and pandaffodil so I don't think there's any specific combination that's better as long as you have fire & nature.

my607
12-08-14, 09:00 PM

All my successes were with just a pyro pony and pandaffodil so I don't think there's any specific combination that's better as long as you have fire & nature.

Yes, that combo gives you Skyger. Another common that I don't need.

seekerbears
12-08-14, 09:14 PM
Is this the egg for the Santa claws? I don't even have the Poodle yet and I think I bred it with the Reindeer and Panda... I don't remember sorry

tuffyjkitten
12-08-14, 09:16 PM
I've been breeding simians/jackalopes/pyros/pandas since this started and got nothing but ferrets and a fallaby which I didn't have. I finally got a 7 hr just now....but that was breeding the simian with the fallaby. At least I don't have a vinotaur if it's a fail. This goal is crazy hard!!

EviBrooklyn
12-08-14, 09:25 PM

Hmm I forgot about the darn skyger which happens to be 7 hours also.
I still think the ones that can't seem to breed the Christmas animals need to switch their breeding .. and it doesn't hurt to try water and fire if all you're getting are ferrets

EviBrooklyn
12-08-14, 09:25 PM
Is this the egg for the Santa claws? I don't even have the Poodle yet and I think I bred it with the Reindeer and Panda... I don't remember sorry

Yes it is. Congrats

dumbpluff
12-08-14, 09:26 PM

that's definitely the egg! congrats on snagging it!

ArcadiaTofu
12-08-14, 09:26 PM

Yup, that's the egg for Santa Claws :) Good job!

Vodelle
12-08-14, 09:48 PM
Okay, last realistic update from me. I mentioned earlier how I had a poodle cooking and I put in a reindeer + pyro pony. Got another reindeer for that, but when I freed up the nest I tried reindeer + pyro pony again and got an 8hr egg, so that's the santa claws. Hopefully other people see a bout of good luck and manage to breed what they need soon!

(Now... I have three eggs sitting around in my inventory. Twilight troll, terrorier, and treebra. All t's, heh. They range from 15-20h incubation & evolution times so that will be fun... not.)

cocauina
12-08-14, 09:48 PM

Yes, it's Santa Claws egg

seekerbears
12-08-14, 09:55 PM
Thanks everyone! Now I can focus on the Poodle

CoodieBug
12-08-14, 10:53 PM
These ferrets are horrible. :( i thought maybe this would suck less cuz they are only 3 hour fails, but when you get non stop 3 hour fails all day long, it sucks just as much as longer fails. UGH.
TL would do themselves a favor by hiring a psychology consultant regarding positive reinforcement!!! They certainly would make more money by keeping the masses a little happier! I for one am totally frustrated at the way this Xmas **** is going!! I don't even get the twinge of disappointment anymore--I expect to see another fail ( and I'm usually an optimistic person)! I was hooked to this game but now I don't even care to buy gems (I usually buy them when I get a good one--then I get excited and want to speed it through--therefore they are loosing money on me with all my fails) --as my boyfriend says--"they're cutting their nose to spite their face--too bad!!! Good luck keeping your customers TL

intrinsicallyknotted
12-08-14, 11:17 PM
Yup, and I agree with what others (maybe Zen?) have said: it's no fun having these completely chance-based challenges, where you can't actually do anything to improve your odds. At least with tournaments, choosing the right animal and building up a collection of high-level animals improves your chances of success. So far I've been lucky enough to get all but one of the animals that have since been lost, but it's taken so many attempts that I haven't even had a chance to try for some of the other animals I'd really like to have.

In other news, I just popped my Reindeer out of the evolution flower and put in the love nest with Pyro Pony... and got a 7-hour timer. Maybe if I breed eight reindeer on the way to Santa Claws, the ninth will have a red nose!

dumbpluff
12-09-14, 12:28 AM
i've become so jaded by fairy ferrets and other fire-nature animals that it didn't register just now. i have to go to bed, so i bumped the fairy ferret i bred up to the nest -- i don't want to just let it sit and be stagnant for several hours overnight when i could leave something longer in there like a 6- or 7-hour breed -- and the timer i just popped in after that is 8 hours. i'm still staring at it waiting for my senses to correct the number to 2:59 or 5:59 or something.

i'm so jaded by all these ferrets and fails that i refuse to believe i got it, though it can't be anything but the santa claws.

best of luck, guys, my goodness. it looks like everyone's really going to need it for this mess.

edit: i just went through a chunk of my neighbors, trying to get back into a good social standing after neglecting it for a few days, and one of them has two santa claws just sitting there cheerily in their forest. i've never felt the neighborly love fall away so quickly before LMAO.

hugpete
12-09-14, 01:51 AM
Got the reindeer then the poodle back-to-back (on my 2nd acct, boo) then bred them together & got another poodle.

A2TUDE
12-09-14, 02:24 AM
Ok I just put reindeer and unicorn and got 7hrs I'm try's for another snowclaw I'm tryn all dif combos i'll update when it's cooked

Ok the result was a reindeer

Jennerwein1
12-09-14, 02:39 AM
So far only fails with varying combos. A teeny, little postive reinforcement is badly needed. I am at the point where I don't even care to get a Christmas animal. Have 3 eggs in storage (Treebra, Terrorier, Gibbon) and am getting way behind breeding the regular animals, not to mention the fall animals. I don't battle for the Thorilla much, because it will just go into storage. Getting rather frustrated, or as Zenobia would say: "overjoyed".

jomykje
12-09-14, 04:03 AM
Not Nice for you Jennerwein!! Hang in there!

I'm in the same boat I'm afraid...no christmas animals yet, after countless 3 hour fails and 3 vinotaurs :(

stcinz
12-09-14, 05:41 AM
Go to the goals and it will tell you what to breed. Fire plus nature for the reindeer and I think it's the same for the toy poodle. Not sure now as I got that one 2nd or 3 rd try! Lucky. Keep breeding fairy ferrets now. So frustrating I have bred them like 15 times I a row plus a couple of vinotaurs.
I also agree the Christmas habitat is too expensive. Quite ridiculous. You should be able to purchase gems with your money earns in the game.
Why do they do this to us, why why why?!

I'm confuse on how you get the Christmas elements. Not sure which animals to put in. There's also a cute holiday habitat but cost 500 gems. I wished there was a smaller one that cost coins.

stcinz
12-09-14, 05:42 AM
The reindeer and the unicorn to get a reindeer? Please explain

stcinz
12-09-14, 05:46 AM
I agree hang in there jennerwein1. You will get it. Just keep breeding fire plus nature. I got toy poodle on 3rd try but so far unsuccessful with the reindeer. Will keep trying though as they are 'special' �� I wouldn't worry about putting your animals in storage in the best yet. They won't be going anywhere and you can do that anytime once the Christmas special has finished. Just keep on trying, you'll get it eventually... Sigh I hope!

stcinz
12-09-14, 06:00 AM
That's the stupid fairy ferret! It's 7 hours for the toy poodle and probably the same for the reindeer

inespay
12-09-14, 06:06 AM
I have them all! Well i have the poodle and reindeer, it only a matter of time till my santa claws hatches :D add me inespay

elvos85
12-09-14, 06:08 AM
I haven get anything about Christmas yet! Get 7 hours but end up with stupid Vinotaur ������ so fed up about this..

seekerbears
12-09-14, 06:25 AM
I got a 7hr and got a vinotour again I just need the Toy Poodle and I would like to get it quickly so now I have a vinotour in the nest and a fairy ferret breeding... I still haven't even had enough time to even try for the Tucan because of all the possible limited animals there are I also don't have a solar Simon and I havent even bred that yet

cocauina
12-09-14, 07:38 AM
After 2 Fallaby's, 1 Solar Simian and a thousand Fairy Ferret's I got 7hrs, let's see if it's not a Vinotaur.

Yey, it's a Toy Poodle :D

cocauina
12-09-14, 07:43 AM
The reindeer and the unicorn to get a reindeer? Please explain

Reindeer with Crystal will result in:
Reindeer, Santa Claws and Ruby Razorback.

Petasos
12-09-14, 07:47 AM
I think it is a sad state of affairs that we put in the time and real money into this game and when the first Christmas comes along TL acts like scrooge. We get a re-wrapped spruce moose, a re-wrapped gold lion, and what might possibly be their best attempt at new critter in months, a poodle... Which I cannot fight the feeling is somehow a re-wrapped terrorier. But that is actually the good holiday news. They are soooo greedy they make the habitat that we all want 500 gems! My guess is so when they lower the price to 150 gems later players will rush to purchase gems to get it, another horrible manipulation. I gotta tell you all this is looking like the beginning of the end for me. And just because it is something new or because it is Christmas won't make me overlook the facts. If they really wanted to do something cool then make the stupid habitat available for silver not gems. I really am starting to be offended at the way we customers are being treated.

readysetgo888
12-09-14, 07:58 AM
I think it is a sad state of affairs that we put in the time and real money into this game and when the first Christmas comes along TL acts like scrooge. We get a re-wrapped spruce moose, a re-wrapped gold lion, and what might possibly be their best attempt at new critter in months, a poodle... Which I cannot fight the feeling is somehow a re-wrapped terrorier. But that is actually the good holiday news. They are soooo greedy they make the habitat that we all want 500 gems! My guess is so when they lower the price to 150 gems later players will rush to purchase gems to get it, another horrible manipulation. I gotta tell you all this is looking like the beginning of the end for me. And just because it is something new or because it is Christmas won't make me overlook the facts. If they really wanted to do something cool then make the stupid habitat available for silver not gems. I really am starting to be offended at the way we customers are being treated.

I'm more offended by the fact that the habitat can't be stored... so we have a permanent winter wonderland of Christmas joy to look at all year, or we can sell it and then spend more actual money on another one next year!

But yes I agree with you... they almost certainly are going to have a Christmas sale, and drop the habitat in price, and when they do, everyone is going to be SOOOO grateful!!!! Except that yeah, it never should have been 500 gems in the first place. It should have cost coins. Or if not that, then at least cost what it was going to cost upfront, instead of 500 gems... which some people have already bought, and then more people will buy when it's on "sale" for 200 gems and they've all been primed to gobble it up.

Unless they are going to have a world event today with a habitat as a prize... I doubt it though, I don't think they'd risk pissing off the people that already bought the expensive habitat. Either that or the prize habitat will only hold 2 animals. Hehehe.

elvos85
12-09-14, 08:12 AM
I don't think we have a world event for this.. Because usually they will give some notice before they run that.. Mayb this is the only Christmas event we have 😳😳

sanya87
12-09-14, 08:18 AM
after getting 7 hrs by breeding fairy ferret and pony i was hoping i will finally see that reindeer egg, but nooooo, 5th toy poodle in the nest :mad: this is getting ridicoulous! they are both rare animals so how hard it can be to get the second one? i am getting sick of that toy poodle, i don't even like to see it now in my forest anymore.

EviBrooklyn
12-09-14, 08:31 AM
I'm more offended by the fact that the habitat can't be stored... so we have a permanent winter wonderland of Christmas joy to look at all year, or we can sell it and then spend more actual money on another one next year!

But yes I agree with you... they almost certainly are going to have a Christmas sale, and drop the habitat in price, and when they do, everyone is going to be SOOOO grateful!!!! Except that yeah, it never should have been 500 gems in the first place. It should have cost coins. Or if not that, then at least cost what it was going to cost upfront, instead of 500 gems... which some people have already bought, and then more people will buy when it's on "sale" for 200 gems and they've all been primed to gobble it up.

Unless they are going to have a world event today with a habitat as a prize... I doubt it though, I don't think they'd risk pissing off the people that already bought the expensive habitat. Either that or the prize habitat will only hold 2 animals. Hehehe.

Even if it goes on sale, the fact that we can't store it for me is a deal ****er. As it is, (after expanding fully) I will have to sell a grand farm to accommodate this Christmas looking habitat. Chances are they'll release a new element way before we get more expansions which means new type of habitats, so I'm giving myself some room to accommodate one or two small habitats for the new element.
As of right now, all my habitats are premium which means bought with gems, so I can't risk to be stuck and forced to sell like I was forced to sell my animals due to expansions.
TL needs to balance the game a bit. They can't have it both ways, rarely giving expansions and still expecting us to spend gems on habitats and breeding while forcing us to sell in the future.
All they had to do was make the Halloween and Christmas habitat storable and they might have had more success on selling them, or work quicker on expansions.
Sorry for the long text guys :)

xxxe
12-09-14, 08:56 AM
Don't you have a Crystal Unicorn, Zen? Just wondering...

Petasos
12-09-14, 09:17 AM
I'm ahead of you already. In the OP, I listed the justifications for the thread. It is not a tenth as broad as the Big Picture thread was. It is a lot more specific than that. Not only that, but as Jennerwein1 said that inspired me, TL allowed the same exact type of thread to flourish on the CS forum. So it would be hypocrisy to the highest degree to treat threads that are identical but for different TL games differently. I have faith in the staff members here that they will not prove themselves total hypocrites.

Hah! I can't wait to see what happens!!! Anyway, at least we can use the Halloween habitat to put two of these critters in. That is a good thing as big fire habitats are pretty much a waste of space. Oh, and in my opinion ANY 500 gem habitat is useless as there are none worth that cost. I did buy a grand gem for 150, that was worth it. But I will never buy a habitat for more than 150 gems, I will have a hard time with that too.

cocauina
12-09-14, 09:21 AM
Hah! I can't wait to see what happens!!! Anyway, at least we can use the Halloween habitat to put two of these critters in. That is a good thing as big fire habitats are pretty much a waste of space. Oh, and in my opinion ANY 500 gem habitat is useless as there are none worth that cost. I did buy a grand gem for 150, that was worth it. But I will never buy a habitat for more than 150 gems, I will have a hard time with that too.

Same here, don't give 500 for a useless habitat when the other habitats that costs 500 gems hold 4 animals and goes on sale when TL wants

zenobia42
12-09-14, 09:40 AM
Don't you have a Crystal Unicorn, Zen? Just wondering...

I did breed a crystal unicorn after about 2.5 months of trying. Which makes sense for an "ultra rare." Going 0-for-36 and counting on a "rare", with only 2 elements in the mix no less, that's pretty bad luck IMO. Hopefully the luck of all of us with no Xmas animals or unicorns or whatever is is we are each most wishing for right now will change. :)

orleansparish
12-09-14, 10:12 AM
I've tried so many different combos and after 2,999,088,988 tries I finally got a poodle. Now I've just got my 300th 3 hour breed time. So annoying. Dont care if it's a short time.

sweetypies97
12-09-14, 11:33 AM
I'm in the same club as you zen. I am so sick of fairy ferrets and my 3 vinotaur fails are upsetting. I don't speed breed so waiting to see if it's a Christmas critter is agonising. I wish the odds could be improved. I've been breeding constantly and still nothing :(

Crr008
12-09-14, 12:52 PM
I bred pyro pony x reindeer and got eight hours (after several ferrets). Is there anything I could get other than the Christmas animal? Don't want to get my hopes up. FYI - Reindeer and panda just got me more reindeer or ferrets.

Sanya, I'd love to trade you a reindeer for one of your poodles. ;)

my607
12-09-14, 12:58 PM
I bred pyro pony x reindeer and got eight hours (after several ferrets). Is there anything I could get other than the Christmas animal? Don't want to get my hopes up. FYI - Reindeer and panda just got me more reindeer or ferrets.

It's Santa claw

SHINeeFan23
12-09-14, 01:48 PM
Just got my reindeer on my nest. I'm still trying for toucan lol so these Christmas fails are nice compare to getting Vinotaur & the others.

maizee0404
12-09-14, 01:53 PM
Yippppee i have my vinotour i can now try for toucan when my vinotour has evolved :) vinotour was a welcomed fail trying for the xmas animals..again im drowning on ferrets again!!

Lipand5kids
12-09-14, 03:01 PM
So far I keep getting Vinotaurs and a few Fairy Ferrets, hoping this next one is the Reindeer or Toy Poodle.

Lipand5kids
12-09-14, 03:02 PM
Yippppee i have my vinotour i can now try for toucan when my vinotour has evolved :) vinotour was a welcomed fail trying for the xmas animals..again im drowning on ferrets again!!

Lol Maizee I'm drowning in Vinotaurs. Weird that it's a super but can't get a Christmas animal?

xxxe
12-09-14, 03:16 PM
I got the Santa Claws with Reindeer and Pony. Hopefully I can get the poodle eventually. It seems like people either have multiple Reideers or multiple Poodles.

sanya87
12-09-14, 03:46 PM

I would give you one gladly! Getting sick of them lol

BlueCanary
12-09-14, 04:23 PM
After breeding for these non stop since they came out, I finally got the Reindeer and Poodle back to back with the Pony and Pandaffodil combo :)

CoodieBug
12-09-14, 06:21 PM
Not Nice for you Jennerwein!! Hang in there!

I'm in the same boat I'm afraid...no christmas animals yet, after countless 3 hour fails and 3 vinotaurs :(
No matter what the combo--still going strong with the infamous ferret-what the ----!!!!

Crr008
12-09-14, 06:45 PM
It's Santa claw

Yay, thanks!

Zummat
12-09-14, 07:54 PM
I got the Toy Poodle right of the bat and then the Reindeer a day later. Quickly got them both evolved. Tried for two days to get Santa Claws breeding those two like it says in the goal and nothing but failures. Today I bred Toy Poodle and Pyro Pony and got Santa Claws first try. Three more hours to go for the Santa Claws egg to hatch.

elvos85
12-09-14, 10:08 PM
This morning just get a 7 hours again but end up stupid Vinotaur again zzzzzzzz

CoodieBug
12-09-14, 10:38 PM
No matter what the combo--still going strong with the infamous ferret-what the ----!!!!
Hahaha--I'm on the bad girl list for complaining I guess because I even got a ferret with Emerald & jackalope!!! Every once in a while I get an explosive with ferret --didn't think it was possible !

AuntyRose32
12-09-14, 10:45 PM
Still haven't bred any of these guys yet, I did get a Vinotaur so I was happy with that because I had no luck getting him before. Back to Pyro Pony and Pandaffodil tomorrow, the Jackalope and Simian Solar don't seem to be helping the situation, just keep giving me Ferrets >.<

PernReloaded
12-09-14, 11:13 PM
Yesterday I lucked out on the Poodle, but I think I'll be looking at a lot of Ferrets for a while now...

jomykje
12-10-14, 01:12 AM
still no christmas critter...but now back to breeding Plantlers eh..I mean a pumkin panda before he disappears :eek:

BunnieMix
12-10-14, 01:56 AM
Getting the Santa Claws took me forever. I just got him with the Poodle and the pyro Pony.

hugpete
12-10-14, 02:49 AM
Got the reindeer then the poodle back-to-back (on my 2nd acct, boo) then bred them together & got another poodle.
3 tries with these two got me Claws...but still no Xmas animals on my main acct!

Reindeer with Crystal will result in:
Reindeer, Santa Claws and Ruby Razorback.

Also could result in Crystal Unicorn. :)

Foxy_Kit
12-10-14, 04:44 AM
Been trying for several days now and so far it's straight Ferrets. :) Not even a fallaby or solar.
Now I'm going to schedule 3 tries per day, and if they all fail I'll move onto my other 'experiments' ;)

sanya87
12-10-14, 05:06 AM
Getting the Santa Claws took me forever. I just got him with the Poodle and the pyro Pony.

really? its possible to get santa claws with poodle and pony?? i was thinking its only with reindeer...

sweetypies97
12-10-14, 05:30 AM
24 hours later and still nothing except ferrets and failabies.

my607
12-10-14, 05:37 AM
24 hours later and still nothing except ferrets and failabies.

I used fallaby and Pandaoffi to get the reindeer.

sanya87
12-10-14, 05:44 AM
I used fallaby and Pandaoffi to get the reindeer.

i tried this combination 8 times, got only ferrets :(

now i switched back to toy poodle and pony, cause if i understood this combination can give you reindeer and also santa claws? since i miss both i hope at least one will appear soon. and i just got 7 hrs again but after all those poodles, vinotaurs i really lost my hope.

Vodelle
12-10-14, 07:59 AM
really? its possible to get santa claws with poodle and pony?? i was thinking its only with reindeer...

This is the best way to get Santa Claws and I urge everyone to do it this way.

Reindeer+Pyro Pony means the only possible outcomes are another reindeer or a santa claws.
Reindeer+Poodle means you can get a reindeer, poodle, santa claws, OR and fire/nature combination (I believe). Don't go down this route.

sanya87
12-10-14, 08:50 AM
FINALLY! Got a reindeer with toy poodle and pony! After one week of trying non stop, he finally showed up... Now off to try for that santa claws. I put poodle and pony again, and again 7 hrs. I bet now its another reindeer, looks like one time you break the "curse" here they come the duplicates!

xxxe
12-10-14, 09:15 AM
Sanya, I would try Reindeer and Pony a few times for the Santa. A lot of people have gotten theirs this way. I got my Santa 2nd try with Reindeer and Pony. Good luck.

Edit: I actually do not even have a poodle yet, so trying Reindeer and Pony was my only option to try for the Santa.

jojosworld2
12-10-14, 09:48 AM
nope, I got a vinotaur :(

sanya87
12-10-14, 10:00 AM
Sanya, I would try Reindeer and Pony a few times for the Santa. A lot of people have gotten theirs this way. I got my Santa 2nd try with Reindeer and Pony. Good luck.

Edit: I actually do not even have a poodle yet, so trying Reindeer and Pony was my only option to try for the Santa.

i will definately try that combination, as soon as my reindeer gets out from the evolution flower :) thanks for advices everyone!

PernReloaded
12-10-14, 10:06 AM
The seven-hour I put on my nest this morning? Vinotaur. Third since I started this >.<

BlueCanary
12-10-14, 12:38 PM
Got an 8 hour breed with Unicorn and Reindeer, so it should be the Santa Claws.

jsburas
12-10-14, 01:52 PM
FINALLY! Got a reindeer with toy poodle and pony! After one week of trying non stop, he finally showed up... Now off to try for that santa claws. I put poodle and pony again, and again 7 hrs. I bet now its another reindeer, looks like one time you break the "curse" here they come the duplicates!

So you can get a reindeer with poodle and pony? I thought you would only get either more poodles or santa claws? If this is true please let me know as I would rather keep trying this combo then keep getting ferrets or other failures! I have the poodle.

PernReloaded
12-10-14, 03:03 PM
So you can get a reindeer with poodle and pony? I thought you would only get either more poodles or santa claws? If this is true please let me know as I would rather keep trying this combo then keep getting ferrets or other failures! I have the poodle.

A Reindeer is Christmas and Fire, so yes, breeding a Poodle (Christmas and Nature) with a Pony can get you a Reindeer. It isn't guaranteed though, since you still risk breeding with the nature element instead of the Christmas one.

Heck, I will guarantee it since I attempted Pony and Poodle a few times and only got Ferrets.

Breeding a Reindeer with Pony guarantees either Reindeer or Santa Claws, though, so that is a great combo to try.

my607
12-10-14, 03:18 PM
Ugh so annoying trying for Santa claws but got another reindeer.

sanya87
12-10-14, 04:04 PM

Yes you can! I have finally got mine like that and now i have just put the second one in the nest. Good luck!

Now i am breeding reindeer and pony untill i get that santa claws!

zenobia42
12-10-14, 05:09 PM
After 40 fails I gave up.

ETA: IMO, this is not a duplicate post. My previous posts on the topic were when I had fewer fails. And in this post, contrary to my last, I am noting that I will no longer try for these animal. At least for a while. I hope that that difference between this post and any previous one I had made mean this post qualifies as okay, that it is not considered a duplicate.

FridayFarms
12-10-14, 06:39 PM
Sometimes it's just better to try for something else. Of course, I am now trying for pumpkin panda and realize how irrtating the plantler fails are. That's why I quit trying for it a while ago.

May have to try for tucan or emerald for a while.

dragonloona
12-10-14, 07:53 PM
After about 20 fails, Prancer and Bell finally bred Santa claws!!! But wait, though Santa claws is still in the nest, and though it's not Christmas, Santa claws gave me a wonderful gift!!!!! A Citrine Peregrin!!!!!! No words can express my joy, and prey to all those who have yet to get either, I hope you get them very SOON!!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_0056_zpsc9067ebf.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_0056_zpsc9067ebf.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image1_zps7216bd1d.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image1_zps7216bd1d.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/image2_zps6e112fcf.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/image2_zps6e112fcf.png.html)

cocauina
12-10-14, 07:53 PM
My fever to get Reindeer and Toy Poodle:

Fairy Ferrets like it was a big party
2 Fallabys
1 solar Simian

I got 7hrs - Toy Poodle

Again, Fairy Ferrets like it was a big party

And then another 7hrs timer - let's hope for a Reindeer :p

dragonloona
12-10-14, 08:12 PM
After 40 fails I gave up.

ETA: IMO, this is not a duplicate post. My previous posts on the topic were when I had fewer fails. And in this post, contrary to my last, I am noting that I will no longer try for these animal. At least for a while. I hope that that difference between this post and any previous one I had made mean this post qualifies as okay, that it is not considered a duplicate.

I hope when you try again for these creatures you get them all quickly! !! I'm sorry that your having trouble with them, had trouble getting poodle for awhile, kept getting reindeer!!! I prey your luck returns soon!!!

AuntyRose32
12-10-14, 09:41 PM
Another day full of Fairy Ferrets for me :(

PernReloaded
12-10-14, 10:26 PM
Fourth Vinotaur on the nest. Followed by a Fairy Ferret.

CoodieBug
12-11-14, 03:57 AM
Hahaha--I'm on the bad girl list for complaining I guess because I even got a ferret with Emerald & jackalope!!! Every once in a while I get an explosive with ferret --didn't think it was possible !
OMG--can't believe my eyes !!!!! this poodle (wouldn't you know!) is followed by a ferret!!!! Got the poodle with Panda & Pyro. Still hanging in there--good luck to us all!

pondicus
12-11-14, 09:02 AM
I have bred like a thousand fairy ferrets, two reindeers, one poodle and a fallaby (wich I didn't have so thanks) but no santaclaws in sight. I'm getting booored.

Vodelle
12-11-14, 09:48 AM
I have bred like a thousand fairy ferrets, two reindeers, one poodle and a fallaby (wich I didn't have so thanks) but no santaclaws in sight. I'm getting booored.

How are you trying for your santa claws? Use reindeer + pyro pony since that combo produces only other reindeer or santa claws. (I got it on my 2nd try using that combo. Might take longer, but your chances are better with that than with anything else.)

my607
12-11-14, 10:13 AM
I have five reindeer one poodle and finally got Santa claw. Next back to breeding pumpkin panda.

jsburas
12-11-14, 11:14 AM
I am still needing the Reindeer! Got poodle and santa claws but just need that reindeer!

cocauina
12-11-14, 01:18 PM
My fever to get Reindeer and Toy Poodle:

Fairy Ferrets like it was a big party
2 Fallabys
1 solar Simian

I got 7hrs - Toy Poodle

Again, Fairy Ferrets like it was a big party

And then another 7hrs timer - let's hope for a Reindeer :p

And it was a Reindeer, yey, now after my Reindeer hatches and evolves I will try to get Santa Claws :D

Crr008
12-11-14, 04:14 PM
I'm still looking for my poodle.

MelodicStars
12-11-14, 04:46 PM
Is anybody having trouble breeding the Christmas trio? I already got all three of them and I'm in the process of feeding and evolving to level 10. It makes me wonder if I was just lucky or if the animals just have a high breeding percentage. Then again, I got all three before they expired so I guess I'm happy :)

my607
12-11-14, 04:55 PM
I'm not having a hard time . I got five reindeers sold three of them . My Santa is going on the nest soon and I have one poodle.

PernReloaded
12-11-14, 05:02 PM
I have only one - the Poodle. I've gotten several seven-hour eggs, but all of them have been Vinotaurs. I've been continuously breeding Pyro/Pandoffil or Pyro/Poodle.

I kind of expected this, given the legnth of time for the goal, but man. It's always hard to watch others have a lot of success when you're lagging.

zenobia42
12-11-14, 05:14 PM
I took a day off and was back in action today. After 43 attempts, still ZERO Xmas animals. Not a one. Chocolate5141, a LOT of people have 3, or at least 2 animals. And a lot have 1. There are still a few of us though, who are breeding like crazy, and NOTHING to show for all our efforts.

Buttercup0001
12-11-14, 05:58 PM
Add me to the list of player's that have not been able to breed a single Christmas aminal. Nothing but fails, fairy ferrets, 2 vinotaurs and thats it. I would have been happy if I was lucky enough to breed the fallaby but no. I really don't understand why TL would make it so easy for some player's and yet excruciatingly painfully hard for others. I dont know whether its because im on level 40 or what but I haven't been able to breed a single new animal since I breed the hedgehog months ago. I mean what fun is this game when ill I do is collect coins and breed failures continually.

zenobia42
12-11-14, 06:02 PM
I wish there were a thread where those of us who have not gotten any of the animals could commiserate. A thread with people saying they have 1, 2, 3 or more, and some saying they have none, it's hard to tell how many have one or more and how many still have none. But alas.

PernReloaded
12-11-14, 06:32 PM
I wish there were a thread where those of us who have not gotten any of the animals could commiserate. A thread with people saying they have 1, 2, 3 or more, and some saying they have none, it's hard to tell how many have one or more and how many still have none. But alas.
I think your Bah Humbug thread was pretty appropriate. Seems like players are either getting all the animals really quickly, or none of them. Very few in between!

MelodicStars
12-11-14, 06:44 PM
I took a day off and was back in action today. After 43 attempts, still ZERO Xmas animals. Not a one. Chocolate5141, a LOT of people have 3, or at least 2 animals. And a lot have 1. There are still a few of us though, who are breeding like crazy, and NOTHING to show for all our efforts.
Sorry to hear that :( but don't give up! I have faith that you'll be able to get all, if not at least 2, Christmas animals. I remember saying weeks ago when I was only pumping out plantlers that I was getting frustrated by not getting a single new earth nature animal. I bred the pumpkin panda a week ago and got the harvest hedgehog some days ago. I got fallaby shortly after and I'm breeding a unicornupia as we speak :) Hopefully, a "Christmas miracle" reaches you and others who are having trouble with breedings.

readysetgo888
12-11-14, 06:56 PM
I think your Bah Humbug thread was pretty appropriate. Seems like players are either getting all the animals really quickly, or none of them. Very few in between!

I think it's just pretty easy to get the Santa Claws, especially if you get the Reindeer. A lot of people seemed to be getting either the Reindeer or the Poodle but having trouble getting the other one.

I still don't have the Poodle, but I took a break from trying to breed it to go back to the Earth-Nature animals. I'm quite frustrated by only having bred one of those... hopefully my luck will change soon.

Brambles2
12-11-14, 07:18 PM
Our family have three accounts, not a SINGLE Christmas animal for any of us, despite constant efforts using various correct combinations, all have bred small herds of Vinotaurs, sadistically letting us hope for seven hours before the disappointment. An utter joke that TL have obviously lowered the 7 hour Super Rare Vinotaur's odds so that we constantly speed either nest or den with four gems when these alternate with Fairy Ferrets, then selling Super Rares straight from nest is ridiculous. The "Rare, HaHa!!" Christmas animals should appear before our fifth or seventh Super Rare.

Nor did ANY of us breed Pumpkin Panda/ Unicornicopia/ Grassquatch between these THREE forests when trying for the Earth/Nature fall creatures, although one of our three did already have Grassquatch.

Not a single Cold Turkey to be spotted here, only one Scarecrow, one Treasure Toucan, one Sea Horse, one Aurora Pegasus, one Bansheep between us.

We all use speed breeding just to keep both nest & den constantly filled.

All have deleted & reinstalled app., turned off devices, tried for an alternative breeding before coming back to these etc.

Have now given up,… will try the Ocean Owl/Vinotaur combination which could give us Christmas animals, SeaHorse or Toucan, one of us did thus finally get Seahorse. Or will try Earth/Nature again.

…or perhaps just go back to real life leisure pursuits instead of wasting so much time on this game.

I hate only having one nest as this deters us from trying for the longer fail Dark/Electrics missing as nest/den become further unbalanced in times. It would be better to have a break from the same constant failures.

This game is becoming dull & tedious, there should be a mechanism whereby constant effort is eventually rewarded. I no longer care whether we get limited animals or not as there are already those permanent gaps in our forest for Scarecrow, Turkey & probably Fall/Christmas animals.

Zen, thank you for the enormous amount of work which you do on our behalf with informative posts, especially the battle info. I'd hate it if you gave up through disappointment.

Sylian
12-11-14, 07:42 PM
I'm with you there. I've bred the combos 22 times now and nothing for the holiday animals. I've even purchased gems to speed up. Nothing. I read over forums to try all the combos. Nothing. Never anything. I haven't gotten any of the rares which require breeding. None of them. On top of that, whenever there's a battle or a tournament, people complain how they only have seven days or whatever amount that short one was...was it three days? Yeah, I got half that time. The normal timed ones? Always shows up one to two days late. I use an ipad so I'm not sure if it's the platform that it gets to so late but it's really not fair first of all that this "chance" of getting animals just dumps them all on some players and others spend hundreds of gems and STILL don't get a single one and it's also not fair that others get DAYS more to do tournaments. Lots of people have said it before, saying it again: please fix this. Chances are chances...not 1 in every 3 eggs for some and 1 in every 350 for others. If you're going to give seven days for tournaments as well, it means seven days for everybody, not just some people.

dragonloona
12-11-14, 08:37 PM

Please dont give up, I know for a fact that you will get all 3 soon!!! Think of it this way, you have until Jan 2 to breed all 3, so you still have lots of time yet!!! It took me almost a week just to get poodle, kept getting reindeer, but never gave up!! I too stopped trying for Citrine Peregrin due to getting nothing but fails after fails, and after finally getting Santa claws, he gave me Citrine Peregrin! !! It's all about luck, and I'm going to send you lots of luck your way!!!! Zenobia42, I will even send you gems everyday with a sprinkle of luck from Santa to your park until you get the Christmas creatures!!!!

Hear is an updated picture of Prancer, Bell and Santa (who is ready to evolve) in their Christmas habitat!!! (And the only reason I got it is due to leftover gems from the last tournament we had, and only needed 100 gems more!) They will wish and send luck to all those who have yet to get either one of them!!

You can visit them on my island and will accept neighbor request!!! My ID is Dragonloona!!! Again I send luck to all those who have yet to get any of them and prey you will all receive them soon!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_0063_zps8e9c6523.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_0063_zps8e9c6523.png.html)

dragonloona
12-11-14, 08:51 PM

By the way Zenobia42, why not try breeding vinotaur and Jackalope together instead of pandaffodil and Pyro pony! I got both reindeer and poodle with this combo!!! And since there's no tournament, you got nothing to loose!!!

carolinarain
12-12-14, 12:57 AM
Okay, so I got my reindeer and poodle on the first try within hours of them becoming available and was like THE ODDS ARE IN MY FAVOR? Because this game never likes me (I've been trying to get a dang Unicorn for.ev.er and I'm not even getting my hopes up about a Toucan) and I bread them through a hopeless stream of Fairy Ferrets...we're talking 30+? I lost count, but then I came here and read the success of Pyro Pony and Reindeer and was like YESSS if anything, I won't have to look at anymore dang Ferrets! So I kept getting Reindeer, and decided to keep an extra (usually I have a standing rule of one of each because I don't have room for everyone) so I could use the extra to keep breeding and evolve my other. Well, once I had one at level 10 and one at level 4 I thought what would happen if I bread two Reindeer together and voila...Santa Claws on the first shot. So...hope it helps others as much as it helped me! :)

Now if only there was something that made the odds better about getting a Unicorn. All these beautiful gem creatures make my heart ache that I can't get a single one :(

A2TUDE
12-12-14, 03:12 AM
Please dont give up, I know for a fact that you will get all 3 soon!!! Think of it this way, you have until Jan 2 to breed all 3, so you still have lots of time yet!!! It took me almost a week just to get poodle, kept getting reindeer, but never gave up!! I too stopped trying for Citrine Peregrin due to getting nothing but fails after fails, and after finally getting Santa claws, he gave me Citrine Peregrin! !! It's all about luck, and I'm going to send you lots of luck your way!!!! Zenobia42, I will even send you gems everyday with a sprinkle of luck from Santa to your park until you get the Christmas creatures!!!!

Hear is an updated picture of Prancer, Bell and Santa (who is ready to evolve) in their Christmas habitat!!! (And the only reason I got it is due to leftover gems from the last tournament we had, and only needed 100 gems more!) They will wish and send luck to all those who have yet to get either one of them!!

You can visit them on my island and will accept neighbor request!!! My ID is Dragonloona!!! Again I send luck to all those who have yet to get any of them and prey you will all receive them soon!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_0063_zps8e9c6523.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_0063_zps8e9c6523.png.html)

can i ask howd you get ur picture so big???

dragonloona
12-12-14, 04:27 AM
can i ask howd you get ur picture so big???

Actually someone here told me to use photobucket.com. it's free, just send photos to it, copy URL on full site and paste using photo insert when typing here. (the little box with tree inside, switch to from URL!)

PernReloaded
12-12-14, 05:50 AM
Soooo.......

I knew it was possible because of the combo that I used.

I've been breeding Poodle and Pony for the last few days.

An eight hour timer just popped up.

So.

I, uh, feel a little silly for being grouchy since I managed to get two of the three, and now it seems the Reindeer is just a matter of time.

Seriously, for all the breeders who have had no luck, I really, really am pulling for you all.

Jennerwein1
12-12-14, 06:21 AM

Thank you for posting that picture. Now I won't feel bad if I don't get them. I already have Sea Lion and Spruce Moose, so what if they don't wear Christmas outfits. Still trying, but not stressing anymore.

Yummmmmmies
12-12-14, 08:33 AM
I registered just to share with you all that I sped bred about 30 fails with reindeer and the poodle. Then I switched to diamond and reindeer. On my 3rd try i got Santa claws. It works guys your only options are the reindeer and Santa Claws.

readysetgo888
12-12-14, 08:38 AM
Has anyone actually gotten the Santa Claws using the recommended combo? (Poodle and Reindeer) It certainly seems like everyone has used Reindeer/Pony, Poodle/Pony, or something else. Seems like the odds on Santa Claws are a lot higher if you don't use their suggested combo.

I feel incredibly sorry for anyone who is playing this game breeding Reindeer and Poodle over and over again with no chance of getting Santa Claws if that's what is happening. So, has anyone actually gotten it that way?

MelodicStars
12-12-14, 08:41 AM
Has anyone actually gotten the Santa Claws using the recommended combo? (Poodle and Reindeer) It certainly seems like everyone has used Reindeer/Pony, Poodle/Pony, or something else. Seems like the odds on Santa Claws are a lot higher if you don't use their suggested combo.

I feel incredibly sorry for anyone who is playing this game breeding Reindeer and Poodle over and over again with no chance of getting Santa Claws if that's what is happening. So, has anyone actually gotten it that way?
I got Santa claws by using reindeer and poodle :)

readysetgo888
12-12-14, 08:42 AM
L
I got Santa claws by using reindeer and poodle :)

Good to know!

It definitely makes sense that the odds are actually worse using their recommended combo... because then you can have Nature-Fire fails, where if you just use Reindeer and Pony the only animals you can get are Reindeer or Santa Claws. But good to know, not impossible.

Vodelle
12-12-14, 08:44 AM
Good to know!

It definitely makes sense that the odds are actually worse using their recommended combo... because then you can have Nature-Fire fails, where if you just use Reindeer and Pony the only animals you can get are Reindeer or Santa Claws. But good to know, not impossible.
Yeah, you can get it that way, it's just inefficient. Poodle+pyro pony is best because there are only two outcomes, one of them being santa claws. Not everyone necessarily looks at the forums or thinks of trying that combo, so there are people out there probably suffering with reindeer+poodle. x__x

tuffyjkitten
12-12-14, 10:35 AM
I'm almost as sick of Reindeer fails as I am of Ferret fails. Every 7 hr is a Reindeer, I've bred 5 of them now. Sorry to be complaining about it when I know how some are struggling to get one, but it really is ridiculous all around how these breedings go.

I DON'T HAVE A VINOTAUR....PLEASE GIVE ME A VINOTAUR!!!

PernReloaded
12-12-14, 10:54 AM
Yeah, you can get it that way, it's just inefficient. Poodle+pyro pony is best because there are only two outcomes, one of them being santa claws. Not everyone necessarily looks at the forums or thinks of trying that combo, so there are people out there probably suffering with reindeer+poodle. x__x

Poodle and Pyro Pony absolutely does NOT have only two outcomes! Remember, Poodle has the nature element as well as the Xmas element. I ended up with a TON of Fairy Ferret/Solar Simian/Jackalope fails breeding with Poodle and Pony! Breeding Poodle and Ponly only adds Santa Claws to the mix of potential outcomes - it doesn't eliminate a single one!

readysetgo888
12-12-14, 10:57 AM
Poodle and Pyro Pony absolutely does NOT have only two outcomes! Remember, Poodle has the nature element as well as the Xmas element. I ended up with a TON of Fairy Ferret/Solar Simian/Jackalope fails breeding with Poodle and Pony! Breeding Poodle and Ponly only adds Santa Claws to the mix of potential outcomes - it doesn't eliminate a single one!

I think it's supposed to be Reindeer + Pony. That's the combo that should be used to try for Santa Claws if you have Reindeer.

Jennerwein1
12-12-14, 10:57 AM
I'm almost as sick of Reindeer fails as I am of Ferret fails. Every 7 hr is a Reindeer, I've bred 5 of them now. Sorry to be complaining about it when I know how some are struggling to get one, but it really is ridiculous all around how these breedings go.

I DON'T HAVE A VINOTAUR....PLEASE GIVE ME A VINOTAUR!!!
What is happening to you with Vinotaur and Reindeer is happening to me, only the other way, lol. Had to sell some, ugh! And no Christmas animal at all!

MaMaof91974
12-12-14, 11:56 AM
I have been breeding for weeks,and I haven't gotten anything different at all.Im still trying for the unicornicopia,the pumpkin panda,and all the other new ones including the new Christmas breeds and I have gotten nothing new at all.Its been almost 3 weeks of breeding.i don't know what's going on,but I wanted to see if anyone knows how I can fix it,or how I can get ahold of the admins of the game to see if they can fix it?Someone please help!Im missing out on all the new breeds,and then before I know it they are gone,and I have no chance at getting them at all. Thank you so much!

I finally got the poodle and the reindeer.Just trying for the Santa Claws now.12/11/2014

Vodelle
12-12-14, 12:27 PM
Oops, my bad. I meant reindeer+pyro pony. I've brought this combo up several times in the thread. Didn't mean to mislead with that one post.

SHINeeFan23
12-12-14, 12:33 PM
There is a two day tournament up

zenobia42
12-12-14, 12:38 PM
There is absolutley NO guarantee that I will ever get even ONE Christmas animal. And truthfully, while I can breed 6 fairy ferrets a day if I time it well, a 7th with a little speed breeding, and try for the entire time, is that really FUN? That is what I keep questioning. But thanks to you and everyone else wishing me luck. :)

By the way Zenobia42, why not try breeding vinotaur and Jackalope together instead of pandaffodil and Pyro pony! I got both reindeer and poodle with this combo!!! And since there's no tournament, you got nothing to loose!!!
I have tried many different animals, including vinotaur, fallaby, jackalope solar simiarn, and fairy ferret. I usually use pony + panda but occasionally try something else mentioned here as having worked for someone else. Don't remember if I've put those 2 particular animals together yet or not. I guess I'll try that one next for attempt #46.

dragonloona
12-12-14, 12:46 PM

I too got Santa Claws with reindeer and poodle, and it was on my 9th try!!! I only had issues getting poodle for awhile, but after getting her, Santa Claws was quick!!!

dragonloona
12-12-14, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure about other combos in getting the Christmas creatures, but hearing lots of people having issues breeding them, makes me sad. My combo to getting both is vinotaur and Jackalope if it helps some finally breed these creatures!!! I wish all lots of luck, and don't give up!!!!

dragonloona
12-12-14, 12:54 PM
There is absolutley NO guarantee that I will ever get even ONE Christmas animal. And truthfully, while I can breed 6 fairy ferrets a day if I time it well, a 7th with a little speed breeding, and try for the entire time, is that really FUN? That is what I keep questioning. But thanks to you and everyone else wishing me luck. :)

I have tried many different animals, including vinotaur, fallaby, jackalope solar simiarn, and fairy ferret. I usually use pony + panda but occasionally try something else mentioned here as having worked for someone else. Don't remember if I've put those 2 particular animals together yet or not. I guess I'll try that one next for attempt #46.

I feel bad your having soo much issues getting even one of them! I had trouble getting one of them, kept getting fails after fails, but just kept trying. At least the most common fail is only 3 hours and not 8, 10 or even 14 hour common fails!!! I know you will get them, look at all the creatures you did managed to breed even before I did!!! My combo worked, but did take 5 tries to get reindeer!!! I send you LOTS AND LOTS OF LUCK!!! And also just sent you a lucky gem from Prancer, Bell and Santa to you!!!

zenobia42
12-12-14, 01:17 PM
With the pumpkin panda changing from being marked permanent to on a short timer, and the introduction of the seamur, and with me still lacking the sea horse which is also water-nature... I am thinking of trying a fire-nature-earth-water mix a couple times. Because nothing is working for me on the Xmas front. And obviously not the pumpkin panda even though it's been out a month. And the sea horse has been out 3.5 months and I still don't have that.

sweetypies97
12-12-14, 01:34 PM
After another 4 fairy ferrets yesterday i got 7 hours! Unfortunately it was my 5th Vinotaur. Still no Christmas creatures for me :(

kuppikahvia
12-12-14, 02:08 PM
So guys just to sum up, could you confirm that Santa Claws can be obtained by using any of the following pairs?

- Raindeer + pony
- Poodle + pony
- Raindeer + Poodle (as the game suggests)

Thanks!

readysetgo888
12-12-14, 02:11 PM
So guys just to sum up, could you confirm that Santa Claws can be obtained by using any of the following pairs?

- Raindeer + pony
- Poodle + pony
- Raindeer + Poodle (as the game suggests)

Thanks!

Yes, all of those. I also got it with Reindeer and Panda.

droopy123love
12-12-14, 04:18 PM
Just landed santa claws, now i have them all 3! Raindeer x unicorn gave me claws.

pribakes
12-12-14, 09:15 PM
Keep getting reindeer, but cant get poodle, WHY? Any TIPS how to get it?

ninasidstorm8
12-12-14, 09:25 PM
I have the opposite problem. Bred 5 Toy Poodles. No Reindeer, no Santa Claws. I have bred them with various combinations. No pattern that I can discern.

pribakes
12-12-14, 10:14 PM
I have the opposite problem. Bred 5 Toy Poodles. No Reindeer, no Santa Claws. I have bred them with various combinations. No pattern that I can discern.

i Wish we could trade our fails :)

dumbpluff
12-12-14, 10:17 PM
i Wish we could trade our fails :)

fail trading would be the best thing to happen to these games, man. if it wouldn't totally run this company broke, they might actually consider it for a second. :p

even if they could do something like limit the amount of trades you could do, or make it a premium/gemmy thing, it'd help a lot of people. even a market type thing for fails would be pretty interesting. trade them for gems, coins, or food, or a combination, or look for another animal...

it sounds so nice. 8'|

viramisu
12-12-14, 11:54 PM
Me too. Got 3 or 4 reindeers no poodle at all. Not The claws as well...

Aernak
12-13-14, 10:48 AM

Good luck zen. Sorry you are struggling. I am too. I have no xmas animals yet either. I did get the pumpkin panda tho so i hate to complain. I am going to keep breeding Vinotaur and owl for a but, in hopes that i will get a poodle, raindeer, toucan, seamur, fallaby, or solar simian - all of which im missing. Ill prob swap out owl for an earth/something critter once in awhile too, in hopes of a crystal or uncornicopia.

Hugs!

zenobia42
12-13-14, 12:17 PM
Good luck zen. Sorry you are struggling. I am too. I have no xmas animals yet either. I did get the pumpkin panda tho so i hate to complain. I am going to keep breeding Vinotaur and owl for a but, in hopes that i will get a poodle, raindeer, toucan, seamur, fallaby, or solar simian - all of which im missing. Ill prob swap out owl for an earth/something critter once in awhile too, in hopes of a crystal or uncornicopia.

Hugs!

I am trying a rhino with various nature-fire combos today, in order to try both for the Xmas animals and the PP at the same time. Good luck on the unicornucopia - she's a beaut.

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, my efforts have still yielded nothing. In 53 attempts and counting, I have bred:

0 reindeer
0 toy poodles
0 santa claws
0 pumpkin pandas
45 fairy ferrets
8 other (longer) fails

The first full week I bred only fire & nature non-stop, except I took one day off. This second week (that began yesterday afternoon), I have added earth to the mix since they changed the PP from being marked as permanent to limited. I may just let the earth/PP go, though, since the fails are SO long (12-hour fail in the den right now) and it's the most copycat animal they've ever made.

dragonloona
12-13-14, 12:31 PM
I am trying a rhino with various nature-fire combos today, in order to try both for the Xmas animals and the PP at the same time. Good luck on the unicornucopia - she's a beaut.

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, my efforts have still yielded nothing. In 53 attempts and counting, I have bred:

0 reindeer
0 toy poodles
0 santa claws
0 pumpkin pandas
45 fairy ferrets
8 other (longer) fails

The first full week I bred only fire & nature non-stop, except I took one day off. This second week (that began yesterday afternoon), I have added earth to the mix since they changed the PP from being marked as permanent to limited. I may just let the earth/PP go, though, since the fails are SO long (12-hour fail in the den right now) and it's the most copycat animal they've ever made.

Hay Zenobia42, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? I had a similar issue in Dragon story, and when I uninstalled the app, I started getting better breeding!!! It might help you, and hope you get them soon!!! Sent you another lucky Gem to you!!!

PernReloaded
12-13-14, 12:34 PM
Oops, my bad. I meant reindeer+pyro pony. I've brought this combo up several times in the thread. Didn't mean to mislead with that one post.
Sorry for snapping - I should have reealized that's what you meant >.<

Anycase, I have the Poodle, I have the Santa Claws, and....

I am stuck with no Reindeer since the Santa Claws is unbreedable. So it's back to the drawing board.

@ everyone who has had zero luck breeding any of them - I am so sorry >.< that sucks so hard. I've been there in other games, more than once!

zenobia42
12-13-14, 01:12 PM
Hay Zenobia42, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? I had a similar issue in Dragon story, and when I uninstalled the app, I started getting better breeding!!! It might help you, and hope you get them soon!!! Sent you another lucky Gem to you!!!

I did once a couple days into it. I might as well try again - I doubt it could hurt. Thanks for the idea!

dragonloona
12-13-14, 03:29 PM
I did once a couple days into it. I might as well try again - I doubt it could hurt. Thanks for the idea!

No problem, any way to help you out in getting new creatures, I will find for you and anyone else who reads this too. We all have to help each other out in finding ways to get new creatures. If you won the tournament, why not breed new creature to try for the Christmas ones? I've yet to try it out due to me still trying to breed a treasure toucan!!!!

kestrelcatcher
12-13-14, 11:24 PM
I managed to get the reindeer by breeding the Pyro Pony and the Pandaffodil after a few attempts, then just kept getting Reindeer after that!
I obtained the poodle by breeding a reindeer and a Pandaffodil.
Now I am breeding the poodle and reindeer to try and get Santa Claws.

RLrox
12-14-14, 01:28 AM
I think I got reindeer by breeding pony and panda and the bred reindeer with something else (I forget what) and got Santa claws, so it looks like you can get Santa claws even if you don't have the poodle.

coolmama1292
12-14-14, 07:19 AM
I stand corrected :D I guess I was just lucky in the sense that I bred out the two I needed instead of duplicates... to tell the truth, it was pretty cheap with only fairy ferrets to speed up, so I'm grateful for that at least ^^; No idea about the Vinotaur, though... curious to see if anyone can breed him out during this time or if the Vinotaur just hates me and refuses to ever show up in my forest.

Well I can tell you first hand about Vinotaur. They have not suspended them to give us the ability to get these special guys. I have gotten 3 of them so far. I was glad for the first but some things get old. I have also gotten at least 15 ferret fairies. Does ANYONE know an exact combo of animals to get either the reindeer or the other?????

dragonloona
12-14-14, 08:04 AM
Well I can tell you first hand about Vinotaur. They have not suspended them to give us the ability to get these special guys. I have gotten 3 of them so far. I was glad for the first but some things get old. I have also gotten at least 15 ferret fairies. Does ANYONE know an exact combo of animals to get either the reindeer or the other?????

It's any animals that has both fire, and forest in the breeding pool! Some people got it with Pyro pony, and pandaffodil, and some with vinotaur and any other animal. I used jackalope and vinotaur, but do hear getting Santa claws with reindeer and Crystal unicorn!!! It's all about luck, and lots of people either don't have one or 2, but lots don't even have any of the 3 Christmas creatures! !! Good luck to you!!!!

BlueCanary
12-14-14, 08:27 AM
I managed to get the reindeer by breeding the Pyro Pony and the Pandaffodil after a few attempts, then just kept getting Reindeer after that!
I obtained the poodle by breeding a reindeer and a Pandaffodil.
Now I am breeding the poodle and reindeer to try and get Santa Claws.

Unless you get lucky right off, I'm going to suggest breeding the Reindeer with Pyro Pony or the Unicorn if you have them to get Santa Claws. Reindeer X Pony will give you two results- Reindeer or Santa, and Reindeer X Unicorn gives three- Reindeer, Santa or Ruby Razorback. You get to avoid all of the Ferret, Vinotaur, Simian, Jackalope and Fallaby fails that way.

Phaedrakiki
12-14-14, 11:02 AM
Been trying since I first noticed the new critters (a few hours after dropping.) I just got my first Christmas animal! I saw 7 hrs. in the den, (...) It's the Poodle egg--yay!

So then, I put panda & pony back in the den, and got another 7 hrs! I hope, hope, hope (fingers crossed & all that) it's a reindeer...& not another Poodle or Vinotaur.
(...)
Best of luck, all!
Five days later (lol)... Nope, it was another Vinotaur. I've been breeding the pony & panda constantly since then, only to get massive amounts of Ferrets, a solar simian, and a couple vinotaurs & jackalopes. (Only got the one Fallaby.) Finally got my reindeer this morning!

I think the forest gods let me have this today because I lost the tournament prize. I only had one more battle to fight & dozed off. Woke up to find the tournament was over! (Boo!)

Waiting for my reindeer to evolve so I can start trying for Santa! Good luck everyone!

Phaedrakiki
12-14-14, 11:10 AM
Unless you get lucky right off, I'm going to suggest breeding the Reindeer with Pyro Pony or the Unicorn if you have them to get Santa Claws. Reindeer X Pony will give you two results- Reindeer or Santa, and Reindeer X Unicorn gives three- Reindeer, Santa or Ruby Razorback. You get to avoid all of the Ferret, Vinotaur, Simian, Jackalope and Fallaby fails that way.

Love this tip--thanks! I don't have Ruby yet, so that would be an awesome "fail," lol! ;)

kestrelcatcher
12-14-14, 02:40 PM

No unicorn yet, I am rather new, but I will try reindeer with pyro pony! I wish they had made it so you had to breed poodle to deer, and got it for sure, but oh we'll. Breeding my first dark element right now, then I will do reindeer X pony

PernReloaded
12-14-14, 03:08 PM
Given how tricky it is to breed one animal (say, Reindeer) when you have the other (like Poodle, for instance), and are perhaps breeding Pyro Pony and Poodle to try and get Reindeer.... I'm wondering if the Xmas element splits like they do in DS.

Because while I've been lucky enough to breed Poodle and Santa Claws, I just put another poodle on the nest after breeding my original poodle with pony.

zenobia42
12-14-14, 07:31 PM
At 0-for59 now on any type of Xmas element animal. Maybe the 60th time will be the charm!

sylarbomer
12-14-14, 07:37 PM
Can't get the Reindeer after trying a zillion times, just a whole bunch of poodles. So today I decided to change combo and put vinotaur and poodle to breed and I got a santaclaws egg. Still no reindeer, but not complaining! :)

Aernak
12-14-14, 08:23 PM
Still no xmas animals here yet, but it may be because I have been trying for toucan, and hoping for some xmas animal "fails" ... Its not working tho LOL. I just keep getting pesky skygers.

s_lynne
12-15-14, 02:50 PM
Still nothing! Now I'm beyond aggravated. If I get one more Ferret, I'ma flip out!!!!

EviBrooklyn
12-15-14, 02:53 PM
At 0-for59 now on any type of Xmas element animal. Maybe the 60th time will be the charm!

Zen, why don't you try ruby with panda for a few rounds.
The worst is you'll get a 45 hour timer

zenobia42
12-15-14, 03:55 PM
0-for-63 now but I got a pumpkin panda in the nick of time with my latest combo of pyro pony + plantlers.

PernReloaded
12-15-14, 04:26 PM
0-for-63 now but I got a pumpkin panda in the nick of time with my latest combo of pyro pony + plantlers.

I'm so glad you got the panda! I was really worried you wouldn't manage anything, and that would have really been terrible.

My woes are far less in number, but still awkward - by crossing Poodle and Pony to try for Reindeer, I have come across my magical formula for Santa Claws. My second one, to be exact, after I managed to breed my second Poodle two days or so ago. I think I'll go back to Pony and Pandaffil to take that out of the potential pool of outcomes.

intrinsicallyknotted
12-15-14, 07:32 PM
I'm so glad you got the panda! I was really worried you wouldn't manage anything, and that would have really been terrible.

My woes are far less in number, but still awkward - by crossing Poodle and Pony to try for Reindeer, I have come across my magical formula for Santa Claws. My second one, to be exact, after I managed to breed my second Poodle two days or so ago. I think I'll go back to Pony and Pandaffil to take that out of the potential pool of outcomes.

Once your Santa Claws is ready, try that with Pyro--you MUST get either Reindeer or Santa Claws with that combo, and it's more likely to be Reindeer. Since Santa and Reindeer are both Christmas/Fire combos, and Pyro is Fire, the only possible outcome is Christmas/Fire (though don't ask me why you can't get pure Fire out of that).

EviBrooklyn
12-15-14, 07:34 PM
Once your Santa Claws is ready, try that with Pyro--you MUST get either Reindeer or Santa Claws with that combo, and it's more likely to be Reindeer. Since Santa and Reindeer are both Christmas/Fire combos, and Pyro is Fire, the only possible outcome is Christmas/Fire (though don't ask me why you can't get pure Fire out of that).

I don't think you can breed Santa claws. He doesn't show on breeding list

intrinsicallyknotted
12-15-14, 09:17 PM
I don't think you can breed Santa claws. He doesn't show on breeding list

Oh, I forgot about that. That's annoying!

I haven't gotten Santa Claws yet--I got my Reindeer and Poodle fairly early, and went back to trying for Harvest Hedgehog. But I got a little worried about letting time slip away from me, so I just tried Reindeer and Pyro again and got yet another Reindeer. Sigh.

dragonloona
12-15-14, 09:44 PM
Here is an updated photos of my Christmas creatures, Prancer, Bell and Santa!!! May them give EVERYONE lots of luck and better odds in breeding!!! Also check out my updated photos in Crystal unicorn and Citrine Peregrin forums!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps0c3f7370.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps0c3f7370.jpg.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0087_zpsa091fff1.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0087_zpsa091fff1.jpg.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps9d2df956.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps9d2df956.jpg.html)

AuntyRose32
12-15-14, 10:24 PM
Still nothing but Fairy Ferrets for me, I really don't think I'll be getting these animals. I'm very disappointed to say the least, it shouldn't be this hard. I know I can't get every animal and honestly I don't try to but more than a week of none stop trying and nothing. If I didn't get the Santa I'd say fair enough but I'm not even able to get the Reindeer or the Poodle, sad.

sweetypies97
12-15-14, 11:32 PM
I have had more than 10 vinotaur fails. Countless fairy ferrets have been sold and I've had a smattering if failabies and Jackalope. Still nothing Christmassy.

I didn't even bother with the tournament. There is no use. This game is so disheartening.

flowless
12-16-14, 12:17 AM
Hoping the habitus would go on sale when Christmas is over
It's very very cute well designed but too expensive for 3 animals only

Drachenia
12-16-14, 08:50 AM
I also get only Fairy Ferrets and Toy Poodle, I try it with different breeding pairs. I still have no Reindeer. I think the Christmas habitat not too expensive, because it is a exclusive Habitat for Christmas animals.

Crr008
12-16-14, 02:09 PM
After tons of reindeer, I finally got a POODLE! Third try with Panda x Vinotaur.

And a world event just popped up on my game. Yay perfect timing.

Crr008
12-16-14, 02:47 PM
Here is an updated photos of my Christmas creatures, Prancer, Bell and Santa!!! May them give EVERYONE lots of luck and better odds in breeding!!! Also check out my updated photos in Crystal unicorn and Citrine Peregrin forums!!!

Love your photos! I'll choose to believe they gave me luck in getting my poodle. Thanks.

CoodieBug
12-16-14, 10:51 PM
After tons of reindeer, I finally got a POODLE! Third try with Panda x Vinotaur.

And a world event just popped up on my game. Yay perfect timing.

After tons of poodles and $10.00 worth of gems and a delete/reinstall, I finally got my reindeer with 2nd try vinotaur and Yule mule!! Irritating!! I'm happy though

zenobia42
12-17-14, 07:27 AM
Last night I got my first 7-hour timer since I started trying for these guys 13 days ago. It was not a Christmas animal. It was a teaser fail.

52 fairy ferret fails
17 other fails
0 reindeer
0 toy poodles
0 santa claws

I may quit this game if I don't get these animals. It's too disheartening.

knj00
12-17-14, 07:38 AM
I got Reindeer without too much trouble but since then I've seen so many Fairy Ferrets I was ready to scream. I got several of the other red/green animals also but no Poodle and no Santa.

Then yesterday I finally got Poodle with Reindeer and Panda. I sped it up bred Reindeer and Pony and got 6hrs, sped that up did Reindeer and Pony again and bam, 8hrs. I was so shocked and relieved.

Lots of luck to those still trying!

Crr008
12-17-14, 08:16 AM
Congrats, knj00.

PernReloaded
12-17-14, 10:15 AM
Congrats, knj00!

When I took the dogs outside this morning, I expected the egg in my den to be my third Poodle (stopped breeding Poodle x Pony to eliminate Santa Claws as an option since I managed two of them that way) or my fourth Vinotaur.... Nope! I have my Reindeer on the way.

Very happy, now can try for the Menoram.

finnth12
12-17-14, 12:28 PM
I have toy puddle, but i need reindeer and Santa, I wonder if I put diamond and toy puddle I will get reindeer and/or Santa? Help please..... As of right now, I'm getting toy puddles lots of it.

PernReloaded
12-17-14, 12:31 PM
I have toy puddle, but i need reindeer and Santa, I wonder if I put diamond and toy puddle I will get reindeer and/or Santa? Help please..... As of right now, I'm getting toy puddles lots of it.

Poodle is Christmas element and Nature element, while Reindeer and Santa are both Christmas and Fire, so putting Poodle with Diamond will NOT give you either.

I recommend trying Poodle with Pyro Pony. I got two Santas that way (took three days each, but I got them), and there is a high potential for Reindeer from that pairing as well.

finnth12
12-17-14, 08:01 PM
Poodle is Christmas element and Nature element, while Reindeer and Santa are both Christmas and Fire, so putting Poodle with Diamond will NOT give you either.

I recommend trying Poodle with Pyro Pony. I got two Santas that way (took three days each, but I got them), and there is a high potential for Reindeer from that pairing as well.

Duh, silly me! I went to wiki FFS and just found out too:( . Just now I change to poodle with pyro pony. I was thinking it was Christmas element so I thought with diamond I can get other Christmas element and didn't think on the side element. No wonder I only get poodles all the time, lol.

Thanks for the reply though. Really help, I'm gonna try your combo.

PernReloaded
12-17-14, 09:55 PM
Duh, silly me! I went to wiki FFS and just found out too:( . Just now I change to poodle with pyro pony. I was thinking it was Christmas element so I thought with diamond I can get other Christmas element and didn't think on the side element. No wonder I only get poodles all the time, lol.

Thanks for the reply though. Really help, I'm gonna try your combo.
Ouch! Good luck with trying for them now - I wish you all the luck!

prinsti
12-18-14, 12:23 AM
after 56 fairy ferrets 3 fallaby 3 vinotaurs and 2 simians I finally got reindeer and toy poodle.I'm so happy, now I'm gonna try for santa claws. I've got the both of them with panda and pyro.
Wish you all luck

fahrensland
12-18-14, 02:20 AM
after 56 fairy ferrets 3 fallaby 3 vinotaurs and 2 simians I finally got reindeer and toy poodle.I'm so happy, now I'm gonna try for santa claws. I've got the both of them with panda and pyro.
Wish you all luck

Sigh. Seeing the luck of so many other people is depressing. Still zero Xmas critters for me, this is pretty ridiculous.

silkemm
12-18-14, 03:17 AM
Sigh. Seeing the luck of so many other people is depressing. Still zero Xmas critters for me, this is pretty ridiculous.

Join the club ive lost count of all the 3hours i keep getting -.-

zenobia42
12-18-14, 08:26 AM

Join the club ive lost count of all the 3hours i keep getting -.-

Me too, guys. Our club is getting smaller and smaller due to almost everyone else getting at least ONE of these guys. But we do still have each other. Hopefully we will all somehow manage to get it somehow.

Other than taking a single day off trying, then before bed last night trying water+electric only to get a Menoram, I have been at it 24/7 for the last 13 days. I have put fire+nature in the den 74 times in that time (including the jackalope in the den right now). It is MIND BOGGLING how incredibly low the odds are of this happening. The success rate on these animals, for other players, has to be at least 10% (if you count getting either a reindeer or a toy poodle a success). The odds of NOT getting an animals with a 10% chance for 74 rolls in a row are .9 to the 74th power which is: 0.04%. Not 4%. Not even 0.4%. 4 hundredths of a percent. 4 in 10,000. If our odds are even close to what the odds for other players appear to be, we are in an elite club in a way - we are doing what should be nearly impossible!

silkemm
12-18-14, 08:43 AM
Me too, guys. Our club is getting smaller and smaller due to almost everyone else getting at least ONE of these guys. But we do still have each other. Hopefully we will all somehow manage to get it somehow.

Other than taking a single day off trying, then before bed last night trying water+electric only to get a Menoram, I have been at it 24/7 for the last 13 days. I have put fire+nature in the den 74 times in that time (including the jackalope in the den right now). It is MIND BOGGLING how incredibly low the odds are of this happening. The success rate on these animals, for other players, has to be at least 10% (if you count getting either a reindeer or a toy poodle a success). The odds of NOT getting an animals with a 10% chance for 74 rolls in a row are .9 to the 74th power which is: 0.04%. Not 4%. Not even 0.4%. 4 hundredths of a percent. 4 in 10,000. If our odds are even close to what the odds for other players appear to be, we are in an elite club in a way - we are doing what should be nearly impossible!

All i know is if i dont get any "christmas" babies before times up i"m deleting this just like i did majority of there games and just focus on DS, RS, BS. Its almost been two weeks now of 3 hours everytime and im checking them and rebreeding in the time limit. Im determined to try! Heck i got a major YEAH when i saw a 7 hour...... Reality.... It was a veno..... ~sigh~

Heck i know other DS players that can agree rares are common in breeding. Now if these were diamond type id understand but there not.... Come on TL.....

kestrelcatcher
12-18-14, 12:03 PM
I got the reindeer and poodle by breeding pony to panda, but am having no luck getting Santa claws. I wish we could sell our fails to other players, I would give you guys the deer I keep getting.

zenobia42
12-18-14, 12:13 PM
wrong thread lol

Brambles2
12-18-14, 12:16 PM
I'm still without any Chrstmas animal, gave up for a break, but no Menoram or Citrine appeared so will now get back to trying for a reindeer or poodle. Now that SEVEN Vinotaurs are in my forest, I just SELL SUPER RARES off the nest, ridiculous that the Christmas Rares are harder to breed than Supers.

Neither pumpkin panda nor Unicornicopia appeared when I tried for them.
No Scarecrow nor Cold Turkey. No Toucan.

Since I keep both den & best fully occupied, & target my breeding, it is frustrating.

Hate that TL failed to include Christmas element in the flash tournament Yule Mule, I did win that by playing late into European nights.
Lack of Christmas cheer from TL.

sweetypies97
12-18-14, 12:56 PM
I finally got one - a poodle! Fallaby + Vinotaur.

Aernak
12-18-14, 01:07 PM
It does seem like some accounts are so much more lucky than others. My son has gotten FOUR poodles now (and no deer). My daughter has gotten THREE deer AND a poodle AND she got her Santa. How have they each gotten FOUR already when I finally just managed to get my 1st? And some people have gotten none at all? It's insane.

zenobia42
12-18-14, 01:16 PM
It does seem like some accounts are so much more lucky than others. My son has gotten FOUR poodles now (and no deer). My daughter has gotten THREE deer AND a poodle AND she got her Santa. How have they each gotten FOUR already when I finally just managed to get my 1st? And some people have gotten none at all? It's insane.

Out of curiosity, are their accounts of a lower level than yours? There's a theory running around here that the odds of breeding what you are missing decrease as your level increases.

Aernak
12-18-14, 01:18 PM
Out of curiosity, are their accounts of a lower level than yours? There's a theory running around here that the odds of breeding what you are missing decrease as your level increases.

Yes, they are levels 25 and 28. I am level 40.

zenobia42
12-18-14, 01:28 PM
Yes, they are levels 25 and 28. I am level 40.

Interesting. Obviously the theory can never be proved, but the circumstantial evidence continues to pile up.

I wonder is there anyone who has been trying these 2 weeks and not gotten any Christmas element animals (or only very recently got their first, or had to spend a ton of gems speed breeding) who is NOT a high level?

Or conversely, is there anyone who is a low level and had a ton of trouble getting even one of these?

rbkj
12-18-14, 02:43 PM
i am in the same boat you are!!! i gave up because i am so frustrated.

Aernak
12-18-14, 02:46 PM
Interesting. Obviously the theory can never be proved, but the circumstantial evidence continues to pile up.

I wonder is there anyone who has been trying these 2 weeks and not gotten any Christmas element animals (or only very recently got their first, or had to spend a ton of gems speed breeding) who is NOT a high level?

Or conversely, is there anyone who is a low level and had a ton of trouble getting even one of these?

I do know that my son (level 28) got his first poodle the very first time he tried for it.

rbkj
12-18-14, 02:48 PM

i am in the same boat...i gave up

Aernak
12-18-14, 02:50 PM
i am in the same boat...i gave up

Not to be a cynic... but I am pretty sure they want (some?) people to fail at breeding these, because they will probably offer all the Christmas critters in "Value packs" after the holiday so we spend more cash.

readysetgo888
12-18-14, 03:05 PM
Not to be a cynic... but I am pretty sure they want (some?) people to fail at breeding these, because they will probably offer all the Christmas critters in "Value packs" after the holiday so we spend more cash.

I totally agree with you, it's almost like some people can't breed them.

ariyond
12-18-14, 03:12 PM

Ok, I usually do not post, but this is making me insane. Here's my result:

My account lvl30 NONE
My daughter's lvl25 2 deers, 2 poodles
My second acc lvl24 1 poodle
My husband's lvl21 1 poodle
My sister's lvl32 2 deers
My nephew lvl29 1 poodle

I lost count of how many vinotaurs I've sold, somehow just knew that I will not be getting the Christmas animals AT ALL!

maizee0404
12-18-14, 04:27 PM
Managed to breed the reindeer.......iv sold so many more reindeers and ferrets!!!! Bored.com!!

Hawksmoor
12-18-14, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, I got a reindeer with ocean owl and Vinotaur...wasn't expecting that!

finnth12
12-18-14, 05:05 PM
Ouch! Good luck with trying for them now - I wish you all the luck!

I think I just got the reindeer, put him on the nest, now I need the Santa. And thanks for the luck.

igames4me
12-18-14, 05:24 PM
Level 40 here and was able to get all three on this acct. after endless trying finally got santa today
Other act level 40 still need poodle in order to try for santa

CoodieBug
12-18-14, 08:04 PM
I don't know who is running the show over there but they certainly know nothing about human nature and fair play. They should be canned!!

zenobia42
12-18-14, 08:07 PM
Congrats to everyone finally getting their missing Christmas animal today! I wish I could join your ranks. But alas, so far my prediction that if I don't get it within the first 24 hours, I won't ever has held true. But the odds of my having been screwed over that badly were actually so low, I have hope that will turn around before these animals go away. I really, really, really, really, really want all 3.

CoodieBug
12-18-14, 08:10 PM
If they keep it up, TL will have problems with the Better Business Bureau--too many people are dissatisfied--I'm embarrassed every time I spend money on the game because returns are nil or minimal at best!!

GreasedLightening
12-18-14, 08:42 PM
Level 40 here and was able to get all three on this acct. after endless trying finally got santa today
Other act level 40 still need poodle in order to try for santa

As long as you have a reindeer, you can breed him with pyro pony and get santaclaws. Don't have to use just reindeer and poodle.

Aernak
12-18-14, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, I got a reindeer with ocean owl and Vinotaur...wasn't expecting that!

Gratz!

Thats how i got mine too - trying endlessly for toucan

Aernak
12-18-14, 09:28 PM
As long as you have a reindeer, you can breed him with pyro pony and get santaclaws. Don't have to use just reindeer and poodle.

I did not know that!
Can poodle and pyro make a santa too?

EviBrooklyn
12-18-14, 09:42 PM
I did not know that!
Can poodle and pyro make a santa too?

Yes it can

silkemm
12-19-14, 01:23 AM

Im level 21 had TONS of gems saved from doing "other" games...... Nothing in 2 weeks...... Always 3&6 hours once a 7 but was a vino

sand
12-19-14, 06:23 AM
It's not looking good for my forests.

Satyr Sanctuary hasn't been able to breed a single Christmas Present animal. NONE. Other than a belated Vinotaur (my first!), it's been nothing but Ferrets. Looks like this forest has returned to the pattern of common breeds only.

Forest Gump isn't much better. One Reindeer; nothing more.

Vash-Naroom has one Poodle and a full team of Reindeer! They just keep coming as I alternate between Reindeer-Pony and Reindeer-Poodle combos. LOL -- ho ho ho! They can pull Santa's sleigh if he ever shows up!

Vodelle
12-19-14, 07:00 AM
Aww, I'm rooting for you guys!

I hope this bad luck manifests as great luck during the next tournament or something, at least! :(

zenobia42
12-19-14, 09:03 AM
Update! In the 2 weeks these animals have been available I have put fire and nautre in the den 82 times (occasionally with other elements as well). I have bred:

60 fairy ferrets
20 other common/rare fails
2 super rares
0 reindeer
0 toy poodles

Based on rsg88's research (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75489-Frustrated-breeders&p=1024023#post1024023), the odds of getting a rare from any pairing are 20%. If the odds of getting either a reindeer or poodle are not as high as a regular rare, if they are only half as high (10%), that means the likelihood of anyone being this unlucky for 82 rolls in a row is only 0.018%. Less than 2 in 10,000. FML.

Still bummed we are not allowed a thread for the few of us with zero Xmas animals to commiserate like the "No Box Club" in CS, even though it is obviously allowed in that forum as that long & lively thread there proves.

Aernak
12-19-14, 12:23 PM
Wow I just got a second reindeer! Obviously I would have preferred a poodle or a santa, but hey, I am NOT gonna complain!

And on another good note - my Christmas "fail" earlier was a long awaited solar simian... yahooooooo!!!!!! :D

zenobia42
12-19-14, 12:42 PM
They added a new limited nature-fire animal to the mix today - the Present Pheasant. I'm not impressed with it, the umpteenth bird clone. Which means it's probably a super-long breed time and I'll get is as my new fail instead of the ferret while STILL trying for a Xmas element animal, lol.

saucysammis
12-19-14, 01:11 PM
They added a new limited nature-fire animal to the mix today - the Present Pheasant. I'm not impressed with it, the umpteenth bird clone. Which means it's probably a super-long breed time and I'll get is as my new fail instead of the ferret while STILL trying for a Xmas element animal, lol.

I did get a poodle last week so I'm not failing as desperately as you...but did follow your idea of combining fire glider and turtisle and happily bred out the daredevil I never had! Changed to fire glider and undone and got another fairy-boo- went back to the first combo and got another long breed but can't remember if it's 16,17, or 15 hrs.

I liked the idea and name of the bah humbug thread. It identified the deceptive nature of the breeding gamble and felt like it could have been a jolly place to be lost without taking on a negative personal identification.

sand
12-19-14, 01:51 PM
Well Satyr Sanctuary finally got a break from the Ferrets. Pony & Panda booked 7 hours this morning. Now if it turns out to be a Vinotaur, I'm sorry but I'm gonna make it onto Santa's naughty list for the earful of cussing I'll be engaging in.
LOL. It's probably the Reindeer, which seems to drop more readily than Poodle.

kestrelcatcher
12-19-14, 02:14 PM
I have been trying to get Santa Claws forever... Got the reindeer fast with pony x panda, got the poodle with reindeer x panda... Been trying like crazy for Santa Claws and Nothing!!! ... So, just to see, I bred 2 reindeer... And got an 8 hour time! Fingers crossed!

Aernak
12-19-14, 02:22 PM
I have been trying to get Santa Claws forever... Got the reindeer fast with pony x panda, got the poodle with reindeer x panda... Been trying like crazy for Santa Claws and Nothing!!! ... So, just to see, I bred 2 reindeer... And got an 8 hour time! Fingers crossed!

Good luck! 8 hours sounds like you got it!

kestrelcatcher
12-19-14, 02:26 PM
Thank you, Aernak!

keller63
12-19-14, 04:45 PM
still no elusive christmas ones here, just bagged a 6 hour timer :( not what i wanted to see. still trying but times fair getting on now :O started trying for this half way through the timer because i was still trying to bag that unicornucopia. i hope i get the first two, dont care much about the santa claus, not a lion fan really. but its not like im not gonna try once i bag the first two.

kestrelcatcher
12-19-14, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Keller, I just got my Santa claws egg. Have you tried pony x panda?

zenobia42
12-19-14, 05:20 PM
holy COW - check out my nest - attempt #85 worked! I have a reindeer egggggggggggggg :D :D :D :D :D :D

This gives me tremendous hope for everyone else out there still trying. It IS possible to get one even after nearly 100 fails!

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 05:26 PM
holy COW - check out my nest - attempt #85 worked! I have a reindeer egggggggggggggg :D :D :D :D :D :D

This gives me tremendous hope for everyone else out there still trying. It IS possible to get one even after nearly 100 fails!

Fantastic news :) I'm glad your game wasn't just totally blocked from them.

Aernak
12-19-14, 05:31 PM
So i decided to speed breed a few x with my deer and pony to see if i would have any luck with santa. My results?

1. Deer #3
2. Deer #4
3. Deer #5
4. Deer #6
5. And now there is another 7 hr breeding...

I guess this was a dumb way to try for santa.

Aernak
12-19-14, 05:34 PM

Congrats Zen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vodelle
12-19-14, 05:36 PM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO congrats! And with reindeer, you can do that + pyro pony and get the santa claws, too.

Hawksmoor
12-19-14, 05:44 PM

Yay Zen, so happy for you! Congrats! It's a Christmas miracle! :D

Aernak
12-19-14, 05:46 PM
I just went a little crazy and bought myself 120 gems. Tried my pony + panda until the gems ran out. I got 1 solar simian, 1 fallaby, 1 deer, and the rest were all ferrets. No poodle or pheasant. Shucks. LOL.

Well, at least I unlocked the community prizes and got my tree. LOL.

EviBrooklyn
12-19-14, 05:53 PM

Congrats
Everytime there's a new animal in the market, the odds of getting previous releases goes up. Hopefully you'll have the rest pretty soon

zenobia42
12-19-14, 05:54 PM
I just went a little crazy and bought myself 120 gems. Tried my pony + panda until the gems ran out. I got 1 solar simian, 1 fallaby, 1 deer, and the rest were all ferrets. No poodle or pheasant. Shucks. LOL.

Well, at least I unlocked the community prizes and got my tree. LOL.

Way to find the silver lining - or is that tinsel? lol!

So now, I don't have the patience to review the 487 posts preceding this one - I am going to try for santa with reindeer + pony. But does reindeer + panda have a decent chance of getting a poodle first? 'Cause I might try that if so.

Also - d'oh! I put my hippogryph in the evolution flower just before breeding this baby. It will take 22 hours from now to finish before I can pp the reindeer in unless I spend a bunch of gems. Ah, well.

Aernak
12-19-14, 05:56 PM

So now, I don't have the patience to review the 487 preceding this one - I am going to try for santa with reindeer + pony. But does reindeer + panda have a decent chance of getting a poodle first? 'Cause I might try that if so.

Also - d'oh! I put my hippogryph in the evolution flower just before breeding this baby. It will take 22 hours from now to finish before I can pp the reindeer in unless I spend a bunch of gems. Ah, well.

I would think deer + panda could make a poodle, but im not sure if the odds would be any better than using any red and green? I am not sure if the christmas element helps any in the breeding results since poodle comes from red + green. Really not sure though! Im curious...

Aernak
12-19-14, 06:22 PM

LOL! Yes, I found the tinsel!

Foxy_Kit
12-19-14, 06:28 PM
I actually prefer the look of the Present Pheasant more than the Poodle / Reindeer :)

Then again I've given up on Fire x Nature (for now anyway) after endless Ferrets.

sylarbomer
12-19-14, 06:29 PM
Anyone knows breeding time for present pheasant?

Still trying for the Reindeer myself. Been trying to get the 3 Christmas animals since day 1. Only got multiple poodles and two or three Santa claws (and a million fails,of course). Currently have a 7-hour breed timer so crossing fingers! :)

Hawksmoor
12-19-14, 06:38 PM
Anyone knows breeding time for present pheasant?

Still trying for the Reindeer myself. Been trying to get the 3 Christmas animals since day 1. Only got multiple poodles and two or three Santa claws (and a million fails,of course). Currently have a 7-hour breed timer so crossing fingers! :)

Breeding time is 7 hours. Good luck!

FridayFarms
12-19-14, 06:43 PM

Congratulations !!!! Hope the others come quickly for you!

readysetgo888
12-19-14, 07:25 PM
Zen, I got Santa from both Reindeer X Pony and Reindeer X Panda. I was hoping for a Poodle with Reindeer X Panda.... not yet. I haven't tried it many times though.

Aernak
12-19-14, 07:33 PM
Wow so my friend surprised me tonight with an itunes card!!! It took me a full $20 worth of gems, but I did it... Got my Poodle and my Santa. Man were there a LOT of ferrets mixed in there. (Not a pheasant in sight, by the way.)

I guess TL won this time... I spent lots of gems to get what I wanted.

purplemouse1
12-19-14, 07:38 PM
Just speed-bred a Present Pheasant. For those wanting to know, the success came with a Yule Mule level 9 + Vinotaur level 10, after a bit over a dozen attempts. Hilariously, I got dupes of all the Christmas critters (deer, dog, lion) while attempting various combos.

So, it's definitely possible, just takes a bit of luck.. and well, I went through approx 250 gems. So.

Edit: Also for those seeking Santa Claws, I got mine first try with a Pyro Pony level 15 and Reindeer level 10, then my second one with a Reindeer level 10 and Toy Poodle level 11.

Edit2: Currently have two level 4 Falconch breeding with a 22-hour result.. crossing my fingers it's the Menoram!

kestrelcatcher
12-19-14, 11:24 PM

So now, I don't have the patience to review the 487 posts preceding this one - I am going to try for santa with reindeer + pony. But does reindeer + panda have a decent chance of getting a poodle first? 'Cause I might try that if so.

Try 2 reindeer, that is what I did, got Santa Claws the first try.

sweetypies97
12-19-14, 11:29 PM
Yay Zen!!

It looks like my poor breeding luck might be on its way out too. Less than a day after my poodle I got a reindeer in the nest. Then in my second try I got Santa Claws!

My son still has nothing Christmassy (and no unicorn, dragon or razorback either).