PDA

View Full Version : Battle Grounds- any word on Treasure Toucan?

noabcd
12-03-14, 06:34 AM
Hey,
Was wondering if anyone with a Treasure Toucan tried to use it in the battle grounds and can tell which elements it is strong/weak against.
(Tried looking for it in other threads, but did not find an answer...)

zhangkikyo
12-03-14, 07:18 AM
weak against nature,for other elements I think its a normal attack :rolleyes:

the_harlequin
12-03-14, 07:33 AM
I bet Leopard in the 1st round with a lvl 15 Toucan, 3rd hit was critical, but I think it was just luck.

EviBrooklyn
12-03-14, 07:55 AM
I used my toucan last tournament
It was weak against Fire. I did beat one unicorn and then lost to emerald
At the time my toucsn was level 9 so not sure if that had an effect
Anyway, hopefully others will be able to figure this out.
I had a post on last tournament thread (thanks gibbon) with info for every time I used toucan, who was the opponent and what kind of attacks I got.

noabcd
12-04-14, 07:07 AM
I used my toucan last tournament
It was weak against Fire. I did beat one unicorn and then lost to emerald
At the time my toucsn was level 9 so not sure if that had an effect
Anyway, hopefully others will be able to figure this out.
I had a post on last tournament thread (thanks gibbon) with info for every time I used toucan, who was the opponent and what kind of attacks I got.

Thanks EviBrooklyn.
There is a mistake there. In page 22 you say you got neutral attacks against rampage (earth/fire). In page 32 you say you got weak attacks...

Anyway here are your observations:
1. Nature/Fire = weak
2. Earth/Fire = neutral or weak
3. Electric/Water = neutral
4. Electric/Nature= neutral
5. Gem = strong

So we have a few options, but only two when ignoring the possibility that the two neutral in Electric are caused by a combination of strong and weak (causes too many relations).

So we know for sure the following:
Weak against Fire
Neutral against Electric,Water and Nature
Strong against Gem

No info on Dark. If Earth/Fire is neutral it means the Toucan is strong against Earth, if it is weak than Toucan is neutral against earth.

Interesting. Sounds like an improved Dark (as it is ultra rare), and should be the strongest against a unicorn.

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 07:18 AM
Someone just posted in the the tournament thread (sorry, don't remember your user name!) that playing AGAINST the Toucan, Nature was a strong attack, and Dark and Gem were weak attacks.

That would mean that the Toucan should not be used against Nature opponents but may be a good choice against non-Nature Dark or Gem animals.

EviBrooklyn
12-04-14, 07:53 AM
Thanks EviBrooklyn.
There is a mistake there. In page 22 you say you got neutral attacks against rampage (earth/fire). In page 32 you say you got weak attacks...

Anyway here are your observations:
1. Nature/Fire = weak
2. Earth/Fire = neutral or weak
3. Electric/Water = neutral
4. Electric/Nature= neutral
5. Gem = strong

So we have a few options, but only two when ignoring the possibility that the two neutral in Electric are caused by a combination of strong and weak (causes too many relations).

So we know for sure the following:
Weak against Fire
Neutral against Electric,Water and Nature
Strong against Gem

No info on Dark. If Earth/Fire is neutral it means the Toucan is strong against Earth, if it is weak than Toucan is neutral against earth.

Interesting. Sounds like an improved Dark (as it is ultra rare), and should be the strongest against a unicorn.

Ah thanks for finding my posts.
I was trying to find it last night and couldn't
It seems that water/nature is best when used against toucan and somehow it seems correct when cross referencing with the list above.
Nature is strong against toucan and water neutral. My theory is that ocean owl (toucans parent) will be our best bet. I tried vinotaur (nature attacks) but although I got 3 strong attacks wasn't good enough to win. I'm trying ocean owl and aquatter (as someone suggested) next.

zenobia42
12-04-14, 08:23 AM
From the 12/4 tournament thread:

I was hoping to get more data on battling the Treasure Toucan but I defeated it the second time. This is was I did. First I used my level 15 Cosmic Phoenix since it is my go to creature for gem animals. Fire was Neutral and Dark was Weak. Lost that battle. Second time I tried my level 15 Pumpkin Panda. Nature was Strong and Earth was Neutral. The third shot was a critical hit. So I believe that a Nature/Earth creature is a reasonable choice against the Toucan.

I hope the posts for this one continues, so we can figure it out. Good luck to everyone.

We have conflicting information all over the place. And some of the info is from this tourney and some from the previous so the conflicting info might be that TL actually changed the relationships. Anyway, this is what I piece together at this point. Folks please correct me if I am wrong, and confirm anything you can:

Nature is probably strong vs. toucan but we also have a neutral recorded with it.
Fire is probably strong but we also have a neutral recorded with it.
Earth probably neutral.
Water probably neutral.
Dark probably weak.
Electric probably neutral.
Gem weak?

EviBrooklyn
12-04-14, 08:32 AM
Nature/ fire seems the best combo to fight toucan
If you see my findings from previous tournament where I used toucan a few times tells us that toucan attacks are weak against fire and nature. And from this tournament it seems that fire/nature are the strongest against toucan.

ninasidstorm8
12-04-14, 08:38 AM
Thank you for trying to summarize the information. I think some of the confusion comes from the fact that most of the data before the current tournament came from using the Toucan to defeat an opponent and most of the new data comes from trying to defeat the Toucan. Since the Toucan is a single element creature (not sure if that element has been named) I think the easiest to understand data comes from battling against the Toucan (since there is no element interaction). Just my two cents.

I don't have a Toucan and I finished my battle against it in the tournament so you have all the data I can generate at this time. Hopefully as a community we can figure this out.

zenobia42
12-04-14, 08:41 AM
So what I'm leaning towards at this point is:

nature, fire > toucan > dark, gem

Does that sound right to those who have battled against and/or fought with the toucan? I agree with nina that it's much easier to determine the relationships when the toucan is the opponent since you can see each element's interaction separately that way. However, the abysmal way this tournament is going for me, I personally probably won't even get to the toucan today to see for myself.

Sylvrthrne
12-04-14, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know if using the toucan resets the timer for collecting gems?

Thanks!

ninasidstorm8
12-04-14, 08:53 AM
I can confirm that Nature is Strong and Dark is weak when attacking the Toucan but I had neutral when attacking with Fire (as well as Earth). It was my first battle of the morning, so I might have been mistaken but I recorded the fire attack as neutral twice.

EviBrooklyn
12-04-14, 09:11 AM
Zen,

here's the link to my findings during thanksgibbon tournament:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75040-Battle-Tournament-Thanksgibbon-11-11-14/page32

locknkey1
12-04-14, 09:32 AM
used sloth nature to beat toucan
strong
strong
critical hit

zenobia42
12-04-14, 03:25 PM
I think they changed it between the last tournament and this one. In the last tournament, evi got fire > toucan. But this one a few people have seen no message (neutral) when using fire attack on him. I think it's safe to say we now know:

nature > toucan > dark & gem.
fire, earth, water, electric all neutral.

It's a shame that gem is weak to toucan since gem animals are the only ones that can match the toucan in rarity. But any nature with no dark or gem should have a fighting chance.

Brambles2
12-04-14, 03:26 PM
Tried Vinotaur 15 against Round 22 Toucan: lost

Nature attack Strong
Fire attack Neutral

Other family accounts both won with critical hits, probably due to using Ultras: Unicorn 13 & Razorback 15 both won with criticals

readysetgo888
12-04-14, 03:30 PM
I think they changed it between the last tournament and this one. In the last tournament, evi got fire > toucan. But this one a few people have seen no message (neutral) when using fire attack on him. I think it's safe to say we now know:

nature > toucan > dark & gem.
fire, earth, water, electric all neutral.

It's a shame that gem is weak to toucan since gem animals are the only ones that can match the toucan in rarity. But any nature with no dark or gem should have a fighting chance.

Every time I've played against a regular Gem animal in tournaments, I've never been able to beat them with my Unicorn (though matched in rarity). I always use my Dark-Fire super rare and win after a few tries. So I doubt the rarity matters as much anyway...

cazzah84
01-18-15, 03:59 AM
Hey,
Was wondering if anyone with a Treasure Toucan tried to use it in the battle grounds and can tell which elements it is strong/weak against.
(Tried looking for it in other threads, but did not find an answer...)

I just defeated an L14 Treasure Toucan using an L10 Planther. I used 2 nature attacks with the first being a strong hit and the second being a critical hit.