PDA

View Full Version : IOS/Android versions,items,appliances?

PoisonThorne
12-02-14, 07:50 PM
I just want to ask if this is even possible. And yes, I'm crazy lol! My husband's droid tablet broke, so I am wondering, if I transfer my account to his new android, buy up all the stuff from the droid versions that I want, and then transfer back to IOS, do I get to keep the goodies? If you at least only do it on android do you get to keep the goodies? Or do you lose your items when you switch versions again? Ultimate goal is to get back on IOS! Too many other things I use it for other than games to make a permanent switch. Just wondering if it's even feasible or if anyone else has tried it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy a droid just for this purpose, but since we are getting a new one anyway, figured it can't hurt to ask.
Thanks for any help with this one! :D

ElaineCarrel
12-02-14, 07:56 PM
I would think that since iOS appliances no longer support all the neat items that the droids get ur lose all the items. It sounds like a good ? to send to Support since they ultimately decide everything good or bad. I hope for ur sake it works even though it'd make me extremely jealous of u.

PepperWoo
12-02-14, 08:03 PM
You get to keep the goodies. I play on both and do it all the time. xD

filochick1982
12-02-14, 08:23 PM
I only discovered this recently and am over the moon about it. Yes it's possible to play continuously on both devices without losing any content. I play on both my husband's Galaxy tablet to get older content, then decorate and bake on my iPad (plus iPhone 6 if I'm out and about).

filochick1982
12-02-14, 08:25 PM
I would think that since iOS appliances no longer support all the neat items that the droids get ur lose all the items. It sounds like a good ? to send to Support since they ultimately decide everything good or bad. I hope for ur sake it works even though it'd make me extremely jealous of u.

You don't lose anything because what you have is saved on the game's server, regardless of which platform you use.

PoisonThorne
12-03-14, 03:58 AM
I only discovered this recently and am over the moon about it. Yes it's possible to play continuously on both devices without losing any content. I play on both my husband's Galaxy tablet to get older content, then decorate and bake on my iPad (plus iPhone 6 if I'm out and about).
Wow that rocks! One thing that threw me was people saying they started cooking a goal on one version and then served it on another and it didn't count? Were they mistaken or do you have to cook and serve on only one device for goals?

You get to keep the goodies. I play on both and do it all the time. xD
YAY for keeping the goodies haha! Seriously, that is awesome.

So I just would have to use the same name/password on both devices right? And not transfer the account back and forth? Shouldn't be a problem as I'm pretty sure hubby wont be getting an urge to play Bakery Story any time soon! :p Now my only problem is finding a droid tablet that doesn't break every 5 minutes. Been through 2 galaxies now, wifi quit working on both, read something about bad solder joints on the little internal antennas :(

PepperWoo
12-03-14, 04:12 AM
Wow that rocks! One thing that threw me was people saying they started cooking a goal on one version and then served it on another and it didn't count? Were they mistaken or do you have to cook and serve on only one device for goals?

That only happened because the goal wasn't available in BS Honey version, which was the then latest version and while TL hasn't made available the new Thanksgiving version that carries the goal immediately, Android players found a way to access them through an old Thanksgiving version. So when you serve the food on a version that doesn't have the goal, of course it won't count. But you can totally use either your Droid or iPhone for the goals cause the data is saved on the server, provided that you're using the Android version that has it. Like I said, I use both and I do the goals on whichever device is nearest to me lol

filochick1982
12-03-14, 04:15 AM
Not sure about the goals as I've only been playing a few days and I completed the goals a while ago. Maybe try a batch and see?

Once you get hold of an Android device, download the NORMAL Bakery Story app, set up a new storm ID and password. Then you should be able to log out of this account and log in using your original account details. It will ask if you wish to override the new account with the original one and of course you click on 'yes'. Once your new account has been overridden by the original account, you can then download the Christmas app version, and it should automatically recognise your original account because you've already logged into it on the normal app. You can then buy all the content you want. Then you can either choose to play the game on Android, or go back to your iOS device and it will have all the content you bought on the Android version. iOS just won't allow you to buy duplicates of the content unless it's wallpaper or tiles because of the double tap function. You don't need to delete the Christmas version either. You can play the game on any version. I've downloaded all the different versions available and just play on any of them. It recognises all the content you have because it's saved on the game's server.

PoisonThorne
12-03-14, 06:40 AM
Not sure about the goals as I've only been playing a few days and I completed the goals a while ago. Maybe try a batch and see?

Once you get hold of an Android device, download the NORMAL Bakery Story app, set up a new storm ID and password. Then you should be able to log out of this account and log in using your original account details. It will ask if you wish to override the new account with the original one and of course you click on 'yes'. Once your new account has been overridden by the original account, you can then download the Christmas app version, and it should automatically recognise your original account because you've already logged into it on the normal app. You can then buy all the content you want. Then you can either choose to play the game on Android, or go back to your iOS device and it will have all the content you bought on the Android version. iOS just won't allow you to buy duplicates of the content unless it's wallpaper or tiles because of the double tap function. You don't need to delete the Christmas version either. You can play the game on any version. I've downloaded all the different versions available and just play on any of them. It recognises all the content you have because it's saved on the game's server.
How do you log out of an account? Is that an android only thing? It never asks me anything like that on IOS. And do you have to have an appliance built on Android before it shows up on IOS or just a box on the floor? Sorry so many questions, just really disappointed in that Black Friday and Cyber Monday weirdness and looking for a work around.

That only happened because the goal wasn't available in BS Honey version, which was the then latest version and while TL hasn't made available the new Thanksgiving version that carries the goal immediately, Android players found a way to access them through an old Thanksgiving version. So when you serve the food on a version that doesn't have the goal, of course it won't count. But you can totally use either your Droid or iPhone for the goals cause the data is saved on the server, provided that you're using the Android version that has it. Like I said, I use both and I do the goals on whichever device is nearest to me lol
Ah ok, that makes sense. So they went to an old version to gift the appliance parts before they actually got the goals on the current version they were serving on.

filochick1982
12-03-14, 12:40 PM
How do you log out of an account? Is that an android only thing? It never asks me anything like that on IOS. And do you have to have an appliance built on Android before it shows up on IOS or just a box on the floor? Sorry so many questions, just really disappointed in that Black Friday and Cyber Monday weirdness and looking for a work around.

In the normal app, there should be a blue storm8 icon on the top right of the screen. If you click on it, and then click on Account Settings, it should allow you to log in using another account. I'm not sure about the ovens because I haven't had to build one using Android. It shouldn't matter because the game's server registers that you've completed building that appliance so it should show up on iOS. It just means if you wanted to buy more of that appliance, you would need to go back to Android and buy it from there.

lbakecakesl
12-03-14, 10:43 PM
Be warned though that some decoration items are goal items and may be locked if you put them into storage on IOS.

PoisonThorne
12-04-14, 05:01 AM
In the normal app, there should be a blue storm8 icon on the top right of the screen. If you click on it, and then click on Account Settings, it should allow you to log in using another account. I'm not sure about the ovens because I haven't had to build one using Android. It shouldn't matter because the game's server registers that you've completed building that appliance so it should show up on iOS. It just means if you wanted to buy more of that appliance, you would need to go back to Android and buy it from there.
Geez I never even noticed that was there! I thought only one person could ever play on one device!!

Be warned though that some decoration items are goal items and may be locked if you put them into storage on IOS.
Useful info indeed, thanks for the warning!

Thanks to everyone for your help! Today's updates made my places look a little better, but I see no reason not to go for the android stuff too!!! :D

jo_fitz
12-04-14, 11:22 AM
I don't know about you, but I couldn't access the Christmas edition. Whenever I tried to download the app it said content not found.
Edit: it took a bit of creative thinking but I got the Christmas Version!

PoisonThorne
12-04-14, 05:23 PM
Grr now hubby is looking at ipads, guess the kids are getting a tablet for xmas LOL!

Seriously though, I told my mom about getting older editions for decorations and such and now she is super hopeful that there might be older versions of Farm Story. Anyone know if they exist? It was/always has been her favorite game.
Also, does anyone know if the Storm8 apps are available on windows phones? My sons friend really liked my BS and RS games but we couldnt seem to find them on the app store.

kooky panda
12-04-14, 05:27 PM
Grr now hubby is looking at ipads, guess the kids are getting a tablet for xmas LOL!

Seriously though, I told my mom about getting older editions for decorations and such and now she is super hopeful that there might be older versions of Farm Story. Anyone know if they exist? It was/always has been her favorite game.
Also, does anyone know if the Storm8 apps are available on windows phones? My sons friend really liked my BS and RS games but we couldnt seem to find them on the app store.

Currently the games are not offered for window phones.

lemrock
12-07-14, 09:31 AM
My Bakery Story App is taking up alot of space. Could it be possible to delete and download the app again and login to my same Bakery Story Account? Im really scared I might loose everything >.<

kooky panda
12-07-14, 11:33 AM
My Bakery Story App is taking up alot of space. Could it be possible to delete and download the app again and login to my same Bakery Story Account? Im really scared I might loose everything >.<
Your game progress is saved on Team Lava Servers. You can delete and redownload without losing progress.
(Make sure you have set up storm ID and password for your game)