PDA

View Full Version : How do you earn gems?

charmeyone
12-02-14, 09:00 AM
I know by the missions. But most of mine are done. And tournaments when they have them. And I can give out 3 a day to 3 lucky friends. But I was wondering if there was other ways of earning them. I know the bird too.

cocauina
12-02-14, 09:03 AM
You can earn gems, by your neighbors sending you gems (you can receive at least 20 gems every day), completing certain goals, all of the achievements and having the animal that give gems, Treasure Toucan.

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 09:04 AM
Achievements is the only way you haven't named. It's the ribbon on the left side of the screen. You can collect a lot of gems from them over time.

Otherwise, goals, battlegrounds, and neighbor gifts are the only ways. And yes the bird.

intrinsicallyknotted
12-02-14, 09:23 AM
Actually, the advertisements (which are technically goals, I suppose) give a LOT of gems. For a long time I just ignored them, since I hate obtrusive ads, but when I happened to try one of the games during the goal time period, I realized the advantage: 30 gems just to install a game and play for a few minutes, then two more opportunities for 15 gems each by beating certain levels on those games. (Since I'm playing Dragon Story as well, I also get gold there for trying the same game.)

I've found that even though I don't like the advertized games that much, it's not that hard to just play to the first level milestone, earn 45 gems for FFS, then delete the new game.

This works well for me since I hardly use the gems in the game--just for speeding up the occasional last hour of breeding or hatching, and holding them in reserve in case I ever need a guaranteed win in a tournament. I think it's not possible to earn enough gems to actually buy a creature that costs gems (except when they are severely discounted).

charmeyone
12-02-14, 10:54 AM
Cool. I didn't know that about the apps. But how do you get 20 a day from neighbors. And how do I give more then 3??

kooky panda
12-02-14, 11:01 AM
You can received up to 20 a day from neighbors, but you normally will not see that many because players are only allowed to send out 3 per day.

Please note that IOS players do not get gems/gold for downloading or playing other games. These goals give 0 rewards.
Goals that do award gems/gold are unrelated to the Goals that were mentioned.

charmeyone
12-02-14, 12:46 PM
Might was just wondering if visiting neighbors earned gems somehow. It just seems a little off in that system. If you can receive 20 gems a day and you do.. And you can only give 3. ... Then some people aren't getting there fair share. This game is kind of a mess really.

Vodelle
12-02-14, 12:49 PM
Might was just wondering if visiting neighbors earned gems somehow. It just seems a little off in that system. If you can receive 20 gems a day and you do.. And you can only give 3. ... Then some people aren't getting there fair share. This game is kind of a mess really.

This is pretty common in games like this, though. Most people are not going to be receiving 20 gems. The goal is to usually find three other people who will send gems to you daily and send your gem to them daily. If people are sending you gems and you're not reciprocating then they'll probably stop that behavior pretty soon. ;)

charmeyone
12-02-14, 01:23 PM
Yah.. True.. I try and send back to whoever sends to me but when more people send them I can I figured I was missing something. Thanks for all the help..

zenobia42
12-02-14, 01:53 PM
Actually, the advertisements (which are technically goals, I suppose) give a LOT of gems. For a long time I just ignored them, since I hate obtrusive ads, but when I happened to try one of the games during the goal time period, I realized the advantage: 30 gems just to install a game and play for a few minutes, then two more opportunities for 15 gems each by beating certain levels on those games. (Since I'm playing Dragon Story as well, I also get gold there for trying the same game.)

I've found that even though I don't like the advertized games that much, it's not that hard to just play to the first level milestone, earn 45 gems for FFS, then delete the new game.

This works well for me since I hardly use the gems in the game--just for speeding up the occasional last hour of breeding or hatching, and holding them in reserve in case I ever need a guaranteed win in a tournament. I think it's not possible to earn enough gems to actually buy a creature that costs gems (except when they are severely discounted).

I really wish all players were treated the same - given the same opportunity as others. There was recently a promotion for downloading & playing Cupcake Mania but I was not given the chance. :( :( :(

If anyone is confused about the seemingly conflicting messages about whether you get gems for downloading games or not, you don't but you do. You download and play the game and get zero rewards. But only if you complete that goal, you get a second goal which is to buy a decoration or visit a neighbor and THAT is worth 30 gems. Then goal 3 is to reach a certain level in the new game, and goal 4 buy a decoration for 15 gems. Repeat. Repeat. Total can be up to 75 gems.

So at the very least, downloading and playing the game for an hour or 2 and doing the goals that follow each of those will get you 30+15=45 easy gems. But if TL decides to NOT give you the goal to download the game, you do NOT get the chance to get those 30-75 gems. For some reason, they only give the opportunity to some players but not others.

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 02:03 PM
I really wish all players were treated the same - given the same opportunity as others. There was recently a promotion for downloading & playing Cupcake Mania but I was not given the chance. :( :( :(

If anyone is confused about the seemingly conflicting messages about whether you get gems for downloading games or not, you don't but you do. You download and play the game and get zero rewards. But only if you complete that goal, you get a second goal which is to buy a decoration or visit a neighbor and THAT is worth 30 gems. Then goal 3 is to reach a certain level in the new game, and goal 4 buy a decoration for 15 gems. Repeat. Repeat. Total can be up to 75 gems.

So at the very least, downloading and playing the game for an hour or 2 and doing the goals that follow each of those will get you 30+15=45 easy gems. But if TL decides to NOT give you the goal to download the game, you do NOT get the chance to get those 30-75 gems. For some reason, they only give the opportunity to some players but not others.

And are we saying that this does NOT exist at all for IOS? Or does it work the way you're saying?

Seems VERY unfair if no IOS users have this opportunity at all.

Vodelle
12-02-14, 02:18 PM
And are we saying that this does NOT exist at all for IOS? Or does it work the way you're saying?

This game isn't available on android, right?... so by definition, anyone playing is on iOS. For what it's worth, I had received the cupcake offer.

zenobia42
12-02-14, 03:18 PM

The opportunity is for some iOS customers. When it comes time for them to promote another game, any given player may or may not get the opportunity. I have no idea what criteria they use to determine who gets the chance and who gets shafted. I myself sometimes get the offer, and sometimes not.

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 04:19 PM
This game isn't available on android, right?... so by definition, anyone playing is on iOS. For what it's worth, I had received the cupcake offer.

I don't know if it's available for Android or not, I only saw this post from Kooky:

Please note that IOS players do not get gems/gold for downloading or playing other games. These goals give 0 rewards.
Goals that do award gems/gold are unrelated to the Goals that were mentioned.

But apparently this isn't true because it does happen sometimes?

Yet another unfair thing that we aren't going to get clarification on.

Vodelle
12-02-14, 05:17 PM
But apparently this isn't true because it does happen sometimes?

Yet another unfair thing that we aren't going to get clarification on.

Zenobia's post on the previous page actually explains what kooky's post meant. Basically, you don't get any rewards for the quest that suggests you download/install the game. What happens is, once you've done that, a completely different quest pops up (usually to buy a stone path or something just as trivial) that gives you gems.

I am pretty sure the reason for this is because apple prohibits incentivizing the download of various apps in such a way. (ie you are not technically allowed to give rewards for people downloading an app you advertised). kooky's post is most likely just them legally covering FFS's butt. :p

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 05:22 PM
Zenobia's post on the previous page actually explains what kooky's post meant. Basically, you don't get any rewards for the quest that suggests you download/install the game. What happens is, once you've done that, a completely different quest pops up (usually to buy a stone path or something just as trivial) that gives you gems.

I am pretty sure the reason for this is because apple prohibits incentivizing the download of various apps in such a way. (ie you are not technically allowed to give rewards for people downloading an app you advertised). kooky's post is most likely just them legally covering FFS's butt. :p

Ahhh... I had no idea about this. But it makes perfect sense. I actually had no idea that those games gave you gems or I might have done it, but it makes sense that they are not allowed to SAY it does.

zenobia42
12-02-14, 05:58 PM
Ahhh... I had no idea about this. But it makes perfect sense. I actually had no idea that those games gave you gems or I might have done it, but it makes sense that they are not allowed to SAY it does.

I played my first TL game (Castle Story) for MONTHS before I realized that downloading & playing the advertised games leads to goals for gems. I have no idea how many such opportunities I missed in that time, but when TL gives me the opportunity, I always at least get the first 2 gem goals. And sometimes, like with THIS game, get hooked on the new game!