PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing inventory

PrairieGrass
12-01-14, 10:55 PM
Two items I bought on Friday have disappeared from my inventory, the ice cream parlor and the snowflake fountain. Then today while the ice cream parlor was on sale again, my inventory showed I had one, but now that it's not on sale, it is also gone from my inventory. Both of these items become available at a higher level than I am currently at, levels 24 & 26 I think, and I am at level 23. Could that be why they have disappeared, but maybe will reappear when I get to the level? If so, that's not right to be able to purchase something now but have to wait to use it.
At first I thought they disappeared due to some glitch because I bought them after they had been removed from sale too early on black Friday and then were placed back on sale in the early hours of Saturday. It's becoming aggravating because I spent real money for these items. I have sent an email to support and am waiting for their reply.

kittystar1
12-01-14, 11:12 PM
It's not just you. I have a BUNCH of items missing. I even have items missing that are from months ago. I have also seen a lot of other people mention that they have missing items as well.

PrairieGrass
12-01-14, 11:27 PM
I guess I better start making a list of items I purchase, especially with gems, such as dates purchased, amount paid, and my gem balance before & after the purchase. I have had coins go missing and I even dropped down one level when my Kindle got out of sync with their servers I guess. I had just reached a level for a new appliance, bought it, and chose a recipe, and then it just disappeared and it took about another hour to get where I had been!
I haven't noticed any issues over at Restaurant Story.

kittystar1
12-02-14, 12:09 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. This type of stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME.

Coins disappearing, Items disappearing, Food going bad because it didn't "process" that I had already prepared it, and even food not even cooking in the first place because that also didn't "process" but my coins still get spent. This "out of sync" thing happens to me so often and so many things go missing or my progress gets erased.

During Halloween, I had to buy all of my decorations THREE times before they finally stopped disappearing. And my coins never came back when the items disappeared so after having to re-buy so many things, I barely had coins. I almost didn't finish the Halloween Goals in time because of that.

I know it isn't just me because I have seen other people talk about this stuff as well and I myself have posted about it several times. Nothing has been done about it. I also know it isn't my fault or my device because I play on 3 different devices and it has happened on all of them. I am about to make my own post about the Black Friday disappointment and all the items I'm missing but just in case I will post them here as well.

Missing Items:

Frankenstein Table (halloween lto)
TWO Pumpkin Patch Counters (halloween lto - i bought 4)

TWO Truffle Makers (lto - i bought 4)
TWO Rose Ovens (lto - i bought 4)

Belly Dancers (arabian goals)
Sultan's Dinner (arabian goals)

Holiday Carolers (black friday)

I can't buy any of these items anymore (other than the arabian ones) because they were all LTOs!!! Please give them back! :mad:

Edit: Also I just found this thread from TWO YEARS AGO about these issues. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?29937-Bakery-Story-Out-of-sync-and-Force-Close

WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN FIXED YET!?? I want my items back.

PrairieGrass
12-03-14, 10:57 PM
Just wanted to relay the info that I got from team lava support. I will be able see the snowflake fountain and ice cream parlor in my inventory and place them in my bakery when I get to the appropriate level when they are unlocked. Fortunately I'm only a few levels away. It was nice that I could get them in the BFS even though I was at too low a level to normally get them. However, a suggestion to TL is to show them in one's inventory although still locked, then I wouldn't have thought they completely disappeared.

sls0991
12-03-14, 11:08 PM
Wow that is really weird and really unfair since you paid for them already...

filochick1982
12-03-14, 11:22 PM
That's weird isn't it. I would have thought it would show up in your inventory anyway and just be locked and it will tell you what level you need to be on to unlock it.

kittystar1
12-04-14, 12:09 AM
That's great that you are going to be able to get your items later!!

Too bad that doesn't explain why I myself have so many items missing... :mad:

natalienat518
12-04-14, 01:29 AM
That is one of the reasons why I never buy any gem packs... :mad: Back in 2012-2013 people are complaining about missing gems that should come about immediately purchasing which never came, and now it extends to items in general... TL... Please...

PrairieGrass
12-04-14, 05:05 AM
Yes seems a little unfair to have to wait since I paid for them with gems (real money).

zeldashepard
12-04-14, 09:01 PM
I lost one of my winter displays :( I had plans to put two in my bakery right now and saw I'm missing one.

mytsa
12-04-14, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to relay the info that I got from team lava support. I will be able see the snowflake fountain and ice cream parlor in my inventory and place them in my bakery when I get to the appropriate level when they are unlocked. Fortunately I'm only a few levels away. It was nice that I could get them in the BFS even though I was at too low a level to normally get them. However, a suggestion to TL is to show them in one's inventory although still locked, then I wouldn't have thought they completely disappeared.

TL's explanation is ridiculous, if a player is not at a level to have these items, they shouldn't have made the offer at the first place.
TL made the offer, accepted the purchase, this implied that the restriction of level is waived.

It is fortunate that it's only "a few levels" away, but a few level might not be easy to reach,
and what about if it is "a few ten"?
What if a player quit playing before he reach that certain level? Then he'll never get something that he had actually paid for.

This is totally unacceptable, TL should release the items right away, we are not buying "future commodities".

pj5811
12-01-17, 10:34 AM
Still happens no matter what level a player is at

kooky panda
12-01-17, 11:23 AM
Closing this thread since it is over 3 years old to prevent any confusion.