PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Gold from Treasure Dragons

laurelsail
12-01-14, 11:07 AM
I have had a Goldleaf Dragon in Epic form for several months now and it only produces 4 gold a day...I wasn't even aware it is supposed to give 5 until just now. I just purchased 2 new treasure dragons and wanted to know if there is a trick to collecting all 5 gold per day. Any help would be great! Thanks!

LonePudding
12-01-14, 11:30 AM
I've heard you need to collect your gold every 24 hrs minimum. If you only collect 3 gold, that's it for the day...I think

amerirish
12-01-14, 11:37 AM
I have an Epic Goldleaf Dragon and I usually collect 2 gold in the morning, and then 1 at a time for the rest of the day. I tried to wait the 24 hours and collect all 5 at once but I just don't have that kind of self-control :p

I just bought the other gold dragons on sale so will have 6 total after they're done hatching. Once I get them to Epic (which will take forever :( ) I will have to collect multiple times a day. You are only allowed to have 3 habitats so have to double up dragons. Since the max capacity it will hold is 5 per day, I'll lose out if I don't collect it as its produced.

cocauina
12-01-14, 01:07 PM
I have an Epic Goldleaf Dragon and I usually collect 2 gold in the morning, and then 1 at a time for the rest of the day. I tried to wait the 24 hours and collect all 5 at once but I just don't have that kind of self-control :p

I just bought the other gold dragons on sale so will have 6 total after they're done hatching. Once I get them to Epic (which will take forever :( ) I will have to collect multiple times a day. You are only allowed to have 3 habitats so have to double up dragons. Since the max capacity it will hold is 5 per day, I'll lose out if I don't collect it as its produced.

I have a Gilded at epic, I cannot control myself when it comes to collect gold, but I decided to test something, and when well, and now I only do that, on the Reminders app, I have a every day reminder, for example, my reminder is called "Gold" and it bips at 3pm, I go to the game, collect the gold, and then, I edit the reminder to add only 5 more minutes to the timer, so If I collect the gold between 3pm and 3:04pm, in the next day I will be able to collect more 5 gold at 3:05pm, I do this every day, and I kinda start to forget that I have the Gold Dragon and need to collect everyday, this happens because I have a reminder that tells me to collect the gold :)

And know I will do this at the same time, with my Goldleaf that I want to put him also on Epic :p

Now that you have or will have 6 gold dragons, I already read about having 2 dragons in the same habitat, so this is what I have read:

"5 gold per day means 1 gold per 4.8hrs, if you collect every 12hrs you only get 4 gold with 2 epic dragons
It's better to collect every 10 hours (4.8 x2)"

Hope this helps you, and if you start to use the reminder app :p ahah

rosewaterlily
12-01-14, 01:25 PM
"5 gold per day means 1 gold per 4.8hrs, if you collect every 12hrs you only get 4 gold with 2 epic dragons
It's better to collect every 10 hours (4.8 x2)"

Have you actually tried this? I can get 5 gold every 12 hours for 2 dragon/5 gold habitats.

amerirish
12-01-14, 01:56 PM
Hmmm, thanks so much for the advice cocauina. I have a ways to go before my gold dragons are at the 5 per day rate but have been thinking about what's the best strategy once I get there. Perhaps I'll try what rosewaterlily mentions and collect at 10 AM and 10 PM only.

cocauina
12-01-14, 02:11 PM
Have you actually tried this? I can get 5 gold every 12 hours for 2 dragon/5 gold habitats.

Nop, never tried, I only have 2 gold dragons, 1 in habitat another one in nest.

Every 10hrs you collect 4 gold, if you wait 12hrs, you collect 5, but you lost the 2 gold from the other dragon, so this means that only 1 dragon contributes to the fifty gold instead of both.

This is a weird thing with the times to collect, but if you collect only from one habitat with 2 dragons, every 12hrs, the time will always be the same, 2 times every day, this means 60/62 collects every month, 300/310 gold every month, but if you collect every 10hrs, the time will change every day, sometimes will be more than 2 times a day, this means 71/74 collects every month, 355/370 gold every month.

laurelsail
12-01-14, 04:51 PM
I am still confused...I collect 1 gold every 5 hours during the day...(approx. 8-9 a.m. To Midnight) and there is only 1 gold waiting for me in the morning. Is there any way to get all 5 gold with 2 dragons in the habitat? Thanks!

cocauina
12-01-14, 05:15 PM
I am still confused...I collect 1 gold every 5 hours during the day...(approx. 8-9 a.m. To Midnight) and there is only 1 gold waiting for me in the morning. Is there any way to get all 5 gold with 2 dragons in the habitat? Thanks!

You only have 1 gold because you don't wait the correct time.

With a lvl 10 dragon you need to collect every 24hrs so you have 5 gold, but if you have 2 lvl 10 dragons in one habitat, you can collect every 12hrs an have 5 gold and only one dragon contributes to the fifty gold and the sixty gold is lost, or you collect every 10hrs and collect 4 gold.

You need to wait more time, collecting 1 gold every 5hrs, it doesn't help, because every time you collecet gold, the timer of the dragon(s) to produce the gold, is reseted, so instead of you collect after 10hrs and have 4 gold, you collect 5hrs, and another 5hrs, you will only get 1 gold every 5hrs.

With this dragons, TL only puts the first gold in the beginning, the rest of the gold normally is added when the correct collect time to be collected is near.

rosewaterlily
12-01-14, 05:20 PM
You get 5 gold every 24 hours per dragon. With one dragon in the 5 gold habitat you can collect one gold every 24/5 hours aka 4 hours 48 minutes, two gold every 9 hours 36 minutes, three gold if you wait 14 hours 24 minutes, and four gold at 19 hours 12 minutes, and 5 gold at 24 hours.

With two dragons in one habitat, it's one gold every 2 hours 24 minutes, so two gold if you wait 4 hours 48 minutes, three gold at 7 hours 12 minutes, four gold at 9 hours 36 minutes, five gold at 12 hours and then the habitat maxes out for the current treasure terrace. If you have any of the old habitats that hold ten gold, extrapolate 1 more gold every additional 2 hours 24 minutes until 10 gold at 24 hours.

Your options for not losing extra gold are:
1.Collect all habitats every 4 hours 48 minutes (when the collect sign shows up in the 2 dragon/5 gold habitat) during the day and 9 hours 36 minutes over night.
2. Collect all habitats with two dragons every 12 hours and habitats with one dragon every 24 hours.

ETA: All the above assumes your dragons are epic.

PepperWoo
12-01-14, 10:30 PM
I'm new to this treasure dragon thing.. I just bought Treasure, Goldleaf and Goldwing thank goodness for the sale! Anyway, I plan to place those 3 in their own habitats, so if I understood it correctly, I must collect every 24 hours in order to obtain 5 gold (in epic form)? And is the 24 hour timer based on the last time I collected gold from the habitat? I've read somewhere to add a few mins to your personal timer after every collection to be sure that you won't lose gold by the minute... does it apply to 1 dragon per habitat too? I'm still lost at what the best strategy to this thing is.. xD

cocauina
12-02-14, 05:50 AM
If you will have 3 habitats with only 1 dragon, yeah, collect every 24hrs, but leave a couple minutes so you collect 5 gold and not 4, I already collect exactly 24hrs after, and got 4 gold instead of 5 xD

Another thing, you can only have 3 Treasure Terrace per island, you can have 6 gold dragons, and if you want to now a perfect time, now, to collect when haveing 2 epic gold dragons in one habitat, just choose to collect every 10hrs, or every 12hrs, it's almost the same you're the one who choose :)

Good luck with your Gold Dragons!

amerirish
12-02-14, 07:07 AM
Just on a side note; wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already that you do not get bombs for evolving Gold Dragons :( I just took two off the nest and have 0 bombs. So I guess I'm going to have to evaluate the situation between collecting bombs for mining vs. evolving my new Golds as soon as possible.

ciarjen
12-02-14, 07:20 AM
I just collect gold whenever I see the gold icon above the habitats. :)

I still get plenty of gold from my 2 dragons and it is far less stressful than playing to a timetable.

cocauina
12-02-14, 07:33 AM
Just on a side note; wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already that you do not get bombs for evolving Gold Dragons :( I just took two off the nest and have 0 bombs. So I guess I'm going to have to evaluate the situation between collecting bombs for mining vs. evolving my new Golds as soon as possible.

I receive bombs from gold dragons, on my second account, whenever I take a dragon from the evolution temple, it doesn't appear the message that I've received a certain number of bombs, but when I go to the mine, I have more bombs than I had before.

amerirish
12-02-14, 08:28 AM
I receive bombs from gold dragons, on my second account, whenever I take a dragon from the evolution temple, it doesn't appear the message that I've received a certain number of bombs, but when I go to the mine, I have more bombs than I had before.

Strange because I also don't get the little bomb pop ups anymore either, but I specifically went to the mine and didn't see any bombs. I'll try to force close/reinstall; maybe it's a bug on my end.

rosewaterlily
12-02-14, 10:26 AM
Strange because I also don't get the little bomb pop ups anymore either, but I specifically went to the mine and didn't see any bombs. I'll try to force close/reinstall; maybe it's a bug on my end.

Your original message said that you didn't get bombs from taking two dragons off the nest--but the bombs come from the evolution temple.

Speaking of evolution, beware that if you keep two dragons in one habitat, the gold timer resets every time you take a dragon out of the evolution temple and put it back in the habitat. So use a separate habitat for the evolving dragons if you can, and if you can't, wait until you've just collected gold to take a dragon out of the temple, feed it immediately, and put it back in the temple for the next round.

amerirish
12-02-14, 11:08 AM
Whoops, guess the bug was in my brain! :o

Thanks for the advice about taking Gold Dragons in and out of the habitat. Will definitely keep that in mind.

PepperWoo
12-02-14, 08:23 PM
If you will have 3 habitats with only 1 dragon, yeah, collect every 24hrs, but leave a couple minutes so you collect 5 gold and not 4, I already collect exactly 24hrs after, and got 4 gold instead of 5 xD

Thanks for the tip! I will remember to do that as soon as I get my 3 babies to epic. Rushing to evolve them now. XD

Speaking of evolution, beware that if you keep two dragons in one habitat, the gold timer resets every time you take a dragon out of the evolution temple and put it back in the habitat. So use a separate habitat for the evolving dragons if you can, and if you can't, wait until you've just collected gold to take a dragon out of the temple, feed it immediately, and put it back in the temple for the next round.

Hmmm so the 24-hour timer of the gold dragons depend on the moment they were fished out of the evolution temple? So does that mean, on their last stage of evolution, if I want to be able to collect from my 3 dragons in 3 separate habitats all at the same time, I must take them out of the temple at the exact same moment?

What if I forgot to collect at the 24 hour mark... say, I collect after 30 hours they would still have 5 gold each habitat right (assuming that they are now epic)? But what will happen to the next 24-hour cycle? Will it restart after I collect at the 30th hour or...? Sorry for all the questions!

I just collect gold whenever I see the gold icon above the habitats. :)

I still get plenty of gold from my 2 dragons and it is far less stressful than playing to a timetable.

Maybe when I break-even then I can be more relaxed when it comes to collecting gold.. but for now I must play on a schedule if I want to quickly get back all the gold I spent on them lol

laurelsail
12-03-14, 07:16 AM
So is the easiest way to get 5 gold is to have one epic dragon in one habitat? I only have 3 treasure Dragons right now...