PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the parts is ****ING this game

good2bebad
11-30-14, 09:01 PM
I was excited when RS2 comes out.. but after playing a while i feel like giving up. Waiting for the workman to come in and give the part really takes all the fun away. I wish it can be like the old game where neighbors can help each other by gifting parts (which I dun even know what neighbors' "mystery" gifts to me are, and I have no way to find out, and no idea how it helps in the game). It is so hard to progress in the game when EVERYTHING needs parts to build.

I definitely think TL can do better than this. There is not point making the game so difficult if your objective is out to make money by forcing us to purchase gems to get the parts. It will only backfire and u will lose players.

Pls do something before that happens.

lonerlexie
12-26-14, 09:00 AM
I agree that the construction worker ****s the game. Every time I get him, he only drops nails. I need blue prints. I get that it makes the game challenging but I'm starting to get board.

ghjvcucjb
12-26-14, 12:08 PM
Yep! I'm stuck. Can't upgrade my storage or amount of items available so I'm stuck having to only get a few items at a time. When the newness of this game runs out in a week or so, I'm not going to want to sit and stare at the game so I can collect an egg every few minutes.

GoldLore
12-26-14, 05:58 PM
I don't know if I am missing something... is the construction guy the only way to get blueprints, nails, and wood? I am really not wild about having to stare at a "casual" game and hope the construction guy walks in.

What makes this game mechanic even worse is the dozens of times he walks in but leaves because the tables are full. I am averaging 1 out of 3 times he shows up where he can actually be seated. I have used all my available tables/chairs. All the other games have a clear way to get an item. Things might be random drops, but I don't have to stare at them and hope there is room in order to get a chance at the random drop I need.

If there is a way to get this stuff (without buying gems), please let me know. If not, consider improving this aspect of the game.

charitypeoplemom
12-26-14, 06:24 PM
I did some calculation today. With the cost of gems in mind, to purchase 4 virtual potatoes to make stew would cost more than if I went to my local grocery store and bought 4 potatoes to make stew for my husband!

glimmergate
12-26-14, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback - we'll take this into consideration!

I wanted to shed a little light on how this mechanic works right now. Cid the Construction Worker will show up as frequently as every 30 minutes. After a couple hours, he's much more likely to arrive very quickly. Hope this helps for now.

Thanks!

charitypeoplemom
12-26-14, 06:29 PM
I'm sure most of us spend gems on the game once in a while to advance the play. Things in RS2 move so slowly, I'm tempted to buy the ingredients I need to make the recipes so I can level up -which takes FOREVER, by the way. I calculated, figuring the cost of buying gems from TL, it would cost me more to buy four virtual potatoes than it would if I bought the real thing from my local grocery store. While RS2 might be a diversion from stress, it's not worth the real $$ I'd potentially spend just to level up. I think TL could have done a lot better.

meme1098
12-26-14, 07:45 PM
How can you get more than 1 item at a time from the market. Buying 1 egg or cheese at a time is kinda ridiculous. You should be able to get 2 or 3 at a time not just one.

GoldLore
12-26-14, 08:02 PM
@glimmergate,

Have you thought about the drops being automatic whether we are watching or not? On the "While you were away" screen, you could list the drops based on there being food available. Maybe even have specific food entice Cid more or less often? Maybe Cid really like Chicken Alfredo and will drop by every 30 minutes while you are away from the game (as long as your food lasts). Maybe he is not wild about French toast and the spawn rate drops to 45 minutes?

Being a casual game, a lot of the time is spent away from the game while things spawn, grow, cook, build... Having to watch for Cid, hope there is room for him to sit, then click on him sort of defeats the casual part of a casual game.

Thanks for listening.

Musica1
12-26-14, 11:05 PM
It sucks all the waiting game.... Every 30 minutes you'll get some nails - wow WHO the hell has time to spend 30 minutes in a row at this game???? Senseless staring at the screen to wait to collect an egg or 2 HOURS(!!!) to collect 1 piece of meat???? I'm gonna delete this game. There is NO fun while playing it

flowless
12-27-14, 01:55 AM
I think the sucess of resturant story was being able to decrotae
Prople would buy boxes and decorations not recipie
U would covk leave and come back after some time
More convient

This game may have its admirers i would guess mostly kids who would like the animation
But kids are not patinet so ....

orleansparish
12-27-14, 02:00 AM
I agree. I've tried to play twice again but all I got were blueprints. Does the worker think he's jay z or something? I also tried to play on two other accounts to reach the levels needed for gems. It's too slow with the new ordering format and having no suitable way to collect tools for upgrades. Slows things down too much.

rosewaterlily
12-27-14, 02:37 AM
It's really annoying that you have to stay logged into the game to wait for the construction worker to come by whenever. Other TL games you play for two minutes to do your thing and move on, the waiting around while logged in is tedious. I played another non-TL game that was formatted similarly and you had to wait around for the right customers to come in and guess what, I don't play that game anymore. Will probably be the same here. The decorations don't interest me much either--just not as cute as the ones in regular restaurant.

dancer3177
12-27-14, 08:21 AM
Waiting for parts ****s this game. I love the regular restaurant and bakery story, but waiting for the construction worker is annoying. Then the parts you get are never the parts you need. I'm deleting this game.

robotparade
12-27-14, 10:07 AM
Agree - I want to expand, but I can't because I don't have planks!

I really did like the game, and I want to play, but it is getting boring FAST.

newzealander
12-27-14, 10:47 AM
Agree - I want to expand, but I can't because I don't have planks!

I really did like the game, and I want to play, but it is getting boring FAST.

Ditto - this is the only game I have come across where you need to stare at the screen doing nothing for hours in order to get materials you NEED to advance. Unless you are childless, unemployed, and have no social life, this is not the game for you.

srg70
12-27-14, 02:10 PM
I think the concept of this game has promise, however it requires too many hours of game play per day to make it worth it.
I'm on level 13 and unless I play every 50-60 mins I run out of food. How can you make money if you run out of food so quickly?!?

ghabra
12-27-14, 06:13 PM
I am new to this game (started 5 days ago ) and I play castle story and Fantasy forest story so often. when I started the game I found that It is much more interesting than Restaurant story I. But after a few days and after I noticed that this is not only me who suffers from this prob as there are 2 buildings and 4 upgrades that need those parts and then I found that the game designers have created this critical prob to force the players to buy gems in order to buy parts or they will have to waste all the time waiting for the parts to come. Of course this is not logic. I have other games to play and I have my own real life and I may quit the game soon.

ElaineCarrel
12-27-14, 08:04 PM
I just started yesterday, Saturday, and I'm already ready to delete this game. I'd heard so much about this game when it first came out last spring that when it became available on Thursday for me I quickly downloaded/installed/ and started playing it. Well the excitement has disappeared.
It's quite obvious that TL needs to rethink the whole Cid, the construction worker role and the gift giving nbr issue. Something's not working.
TL listen to the ppl who play ur game or else this game will die.

Aernak
12-28-14, 01:52 PM
How can you get more than 1 item at a time from the market. Buying 1 egg or cheese at a time is kinda ridiculous. You should be able to get 2 or 3 at a time not just one.

You can. Just go into our general store or butcher shop, and click "Upgrade" at the bottom

Aernak
12-28-14, 01:53 PM
+1 to all the feedback about the parts being WAY too difficult and obnoxious to get. Please let us gift parts to our neighbors.

meme1098
12-28-14, 04:38 PM
You can. Just go into our general store or butcher shop, and click "Upgrade" at the bottom

I finally figured that out, Thanks! This game just doesn't appeal to me. You can't cook until you go get 1 or 2 cheese or bread or whatever. Then you go back and click the stove to cook something. Today I was going to buy another table and realized it went up from $150 to $190. That's totally wrong! Not gonna be playing much after the level requiremt for gems is attained.
As for planks, I have yet to get even one. Have many. Many nails but not a single plank!

fenrost
12-28-14, 05:04 PM
agree with most of the sentiments posted here.

started playing 4 days ago, now on the verge of just deleting it.

whilst the visuals is a vast improvement from the first, the gaming experience is frustrating - to proceed the next stage/mission, the game play, too many aspects are dependent on the timing of the ingredients and tools dropping, which makes it even more difficult when they are all over the place. i wish the game can reduce some of the "waiting" aspects on ingredient drop/tool drop/cooking/expansion/etc.

BABYSWONDERFOODS
12-28-14, 05:26 PM
agree with most of the sentiments posted here.

started playing 4 days ago, now on the verge of just deleting it.

whilst the visuals is a vast improvement from the first, the gaming experience is frustrating - to proceed the next stage/mission, the game play, too many aspects are dependent on the timing of the ingredients and tools dropping, which makes it even more difficult when they are all over the place. i wish the game can reduce some of the "waiting" aspects on ingredient drop/tool drop/cooking/expansion/etc.

I agree with everything you guys have said. This game reminds me a lot of Farm Story 2. I finally deleted the game because it took so long to get the expansion permits and parts. I think TL is trying to turn restaurant story into FS2.
One thing I really wish they would think about fixing, other than Cid, is that you have to wait forever to get the items for your recipes.
I really wonder if TL is listening to us and if they care about our opinions. I have an issue on RS and BS about losing food after opening them up for ten minutes and they have yet to fix that.

ghabra
12-28-14, 05:52 PM
2 critical things are ****ing the excitement of this game and also farm story 2 which has the same principal.
1- limited capacity for items. 2- Requirement for rare items to upgrade the buildings and make expansions.
I think Team Lava are aware of this but I wanna remind you guys that they are not thinking of the popularity of the game and having more players that are interested in the game, they have an economical point of view. I hope that I am wrong, but I think they just need a few addicted players that can afford wasting their money on the game for ever buying gems rather than having a lot of players who don't buy gems at all.

Aernak
12-28-14, 07:26 PM
Waiting for certain ingredients, like beef and sugar cubes, is very frustrating. So many recipes need beef and I am constantly waiting for it. I can see a rare novelty ingredient taking a couple of hours to be available, but why does something common like beef take so darn long?

Also, why are we so tight for space? How are we supposed to take advantage of the cute decor if we have to use every crook and cranny for tables, chairs, appliances, and walking space?

Also I would love to see more walls, floors, tables and chairs that are fun and different looking. So many are just various shades of browns and tans and creams - blah. Would love to see more cool carpetting to make area rugs and maybe some wallpapers or various brick walls.

dalexxx
12-29-14, 05:52 AM
builder came in my resto and left because all the seats were occupied. whats up with that?

Wait for the builder to come again? :: 3

fenrost
12-29-14, 07:32 AM
in comparison, restaurant story 1 was simpler, you know if you cook a recipe for XX hours, it's within to serve XX*2 hours otherwise the food expires, also spare parts/tools from neighbours.. on the other hand, restaurant story 2 has created more complexity -

1) waiting for the food to cook. [ can be expedited if you're lucky to random in receiving quick serve from neighbours ]
2) waiting for the gold as the food get served
2) waiting for ingredients to restock
3) waiting for tools to drop
4) waiting for appliances to complete
4) waiting to learn new recipe
5) waiting for shop expansion
6) waiting and more waiting.

all the timing on waiting are erratic, it's just excruciating to manage and forces player to check the game like a maniac.

glimmergate
12-29-14, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I can't promise anything, but we do read these forums and we appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and comments.

@dalexxx: Special customers (like the construction guy and the gardener) will return shortly if there isn't enough seating or enough food when they first arrive.

Aernak
12-29-14, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I can't promise anything, but we do read these forums and we appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and comments.

@dalexxx: Special customers (like the construction guy and the gardener) will return shortly if there isn't enough seating or enough food when they first arrive.

Glimmer - I think the special customers are a cool idea, but I don't think they should be the sole way of obtaining the parts we need. If we could obtain boards, etc. through special customers and also by crafting or gifting to neighbors, that would make the game much more enjoyable long-term.

meme1098
12-29-14, 11:23 AM
builder came in my resto and left because all the seats were occupied. whats up with that?

Wait for the builder to come again? :: 3

Yea, I went to buy another basic table & it went up again!!!!! It was $150, then it went to $190 and now it's $220!!! OMG why is the price going up all the time!!!!

This is getting really frustrating!

in comparison, restaurant story 1 was simpler, you know if you cook a recipe for XX hours, it's within to serve XX*2 hours otherwise the food expires, also spare parts/tools from neighbours.. on the other hand, restaurant story 2 has created more complexity -

1) waiting for the food to cook. [ can be expedited if you're lucky to random in receiving quick serve from neighbours ]
2) waiting for the gold as the food get served
2) waiting for ingredients to restock
3) waiting for tools to drop
4) waiting for appliances to complete
4) waiting to learn new recipe
5) waiting for shop expansion
6) waiting and more waiting.

all the timing on waiting are erratic, it's just excruciating to manage and forces player to check the game like a maniac.

Agree --- Waiting, waiting, waiting!!! How can that be fun??!!?? It's not!

Yummmmmmies
12-29-14, 01:46 PM
This game has a lot of potential but the blind gifting is ridiculous. We should be able to request specific items we need. Also, the idea of waiting on a random Santa Claus construction worker for parts is preposterous. My holidays end next week And it's back to work I will not have time to play the waiting game any longer.

srg70
12-29-14, 02:51 PM
I'm on the verge of deleting this game too. I totally agree with the other posts. There is way too much 'waiting'.

I have the garden to build and the marketplace. Both require planks. As I'm home at the moment I have time to go on the game every few hours. In the last two days I've gotten ONE plank, loads of nails and garlic!!! I need 8 planks!!!! At his rate it's going to take two weeks to build these. My goals have come to a standstill because I can't build what is required.

I'm on level 16 and can't keep food on my counters for more than an hour. Does it get any better as you level up?

rosewaterlily
12-29-14, 03:24 PM
Yeah the amount of nails relative to the extremely low drop rate of planks is crazy. I have one plank and nineteen nails. And even if I were willing to buy a plank with gems here and there, I don't have enough coins because the servings are so low that I hardly make any money, and the money I do make goes into learning new recipes. The newest one I'm learning cost 7400 coins! To expand the shops to three slots, which is a minimum requirement for many recipes if you don't want to wait around for hours of restocking takes tens of thousands of coins I don't have. I also can't make dishes on all my appliances at once due to having to wait hours for ingredients to restock, so that hurts my coin making ability as well. Needing both parts and coins to expand everything is not right at all.

So the game requires us to both wait around logged in to wait for the construction worker but also won't allow us to play while logged in because the waiting for restock doesn't allow us to cook anything other than the minimal recipes that give very few coins and servings on three stoves, while the other appliances all have meat/sugar/vegetable recipes and aren't usable for long periods of time due to the waiting for restocking.

meme1098
12-29-14, 03:56 PM
I don't understand the restocking waiting thing. It just doesn't make sense if you can only hold X amount in your basket to begin with. There's a stock limit anyway so why wait on ingredients???? Can't cook because of it. So my stoves stay idle most of the time waiting on ingredients to be available

Aernak
12-29-14, 06:31 PM
Well i dont know if it has just been my lucky day or what, but i have had a bunch of Cids. I think I got 2 boards today and a gem and some nails.

clothespeg
12-29-14, 10:06 PM
I had high hopes for RS2, but my hopes have not been met.......this game is so frustrating, takes too long, visiting the butcher, general store......incredibly irritating....all over the place.....so disappointed.......consequently I have deleted it.......a complete waste of my time....

sweetypies97
12-30-14, 05:04 AM
I had high hopes for RS2, but my hopes have not been met.......this game is so frustrating, takes too long, visiting the butcher, general store......incredibly irritating....all over the place.....so disappointed.......consequently I have deleted it.......a complete waste of my time....

I'm getting close to deleting it too. I'm just playing for the gems I'll get in other games. :(

I really wanted to love it.

meme1098
12-30-14, 08:22 AM
I'm getting close to deleting it too. I'm just playing for the gems I'll get in other games. :(

I really wanted to love it.

I thought it would be fun too but the constant waiting on grocery items is ****ing the game. I can't cook cuz I have to wait on items to be ready, I can't upgrade the general store or butcher cuz I'm waiting on parts from Bob the Builder, I can't make money if I cant cook waiting on ingredients. It's a never ending circle of waiting.
I saw a level 12 or something yesterday with all new flooring, walls , maybe 2 expansions, some decor!!! How is this possible when I can't even get my coin count higher than 3,000?

Aernak
12-30-14, 08:45 AM
I thought it would be fun too but the constant waiting on grocery items is ****ing the game. I can't cook cuz I have to wait on items to be ready, I can't upgrade the general store or butcher cuz I'm waiting on parts from Bob the Builder, I can't make money if I cant cook waiting on ingredients. It's a never ending circle of waiting.
I saw a level 12 or something yesterday with all new flooring, walls , maybe 2 expansions, some decor!!! How is this possible when I can't even get my coin count higher than 3,000?

Lots and lots and lots and lotttttttttttttttts of grilled cheese? :P

I am level 15 and I have been saving for the Diner Oven for... well this is my third day.

When it first unlocked, it seemed impossible. I was like $17,000???? But after much cooking, I should be able to afford it today. I just hit $15,000.

It's obnoxious though, because there is other stuff I want to buy/unlock also, and it's all so expensive. :( I need $8,000 for the spice station, $8,000 for my 3rd expansion (which unlocks the garden), $1,700 to unlock flour, $2,200 to unlock broccoli, $2,800 to learn stew, $2,200 to learn carrot cake, $1,700 to learn sugar cookies, $3,000 to learn omelette, $3,700 to learn chicken casserole... UGH!!!!! Also some of the pointless quests are so expensive. I have one currently that wants me to spend my precious gold on stupid blue walls and floors. WHY? I just paid for red ones? UGH!!!!!!!

I have my 3 stoves and 2 commercial stoves going all day long, even if it's just stupid recipes like french toast and grilled cheese. I tend to make a lot of raviolis, too. I try to save my beef and not making burgers with it - I like to do two 6-hour french dips at a time on my commercial ovens, or I do steak and eggs. I think I am making about $5,000-$6,000 per day at my current rate, based on the $15,000 I have managed to save for the oven. (I have had the game open a LOT though, and I cannot keep playing at this pace. I am hoping once I get my oven I can bake some longer recipes and relax a bit. We shall see...)

mamareader02
12-30-14, 10:50 AM
Actually like the game,but yeah,all the requirements and long wait times are a big pain,but still,I like the concept,so gonna stick with it,got bored with regular restaurant after hitting level 98(?),nothing new to do,but with this game,they can always add stuff,like they do in farm,and I love food never goes bad

meme1098
12-30-14, 11:37 AM
Yea, I went to buy another basic table & it went up again!!!!! It was $150, then it went to $190 and now it's $220!!! OMG why is the price going up all the time!!!!

This is getting really frustrating!!

Unbelievable!!! Now the basic table is $340!!!! This is ridiculous!! :(

TJ4EYR
12-30-14, 12:55 PM
I definitely wanted to like it too but other than nice graphics it seem more like a game designed to force the people willing to buy gems to do so. I need a hammer for an expansion and am figuring the worker offers it but no sign of it at level 17.
I have bought gems occasionally. It seems to me a good profit plan would rely more on faithful players willing to buy gems off and on as opposed to crazies who are willing to throw away large sums of money on them. I can guess that those players are significantly fewer in number.

jackie2006
12-30-14, 01:02 PM
I'm going to close my restaurant 2 now.

Pantry storage is full 15/15 of food but can't cook ....so sad

Aernak
12-30-14, 01:03 PM
Unbelievable!!! Now the basic table is $340!!!! This is ridiculous!! :(

That is nuts. Better buy it before it goes up again! LOL.

I always buy new tables as soon as I level up so I've never seen this happen.

srg70
12-30-14, 02:26 PM
That is nuts. Better buy it before it goes up again! LOL.

I always buy new tables as soon as I level up so I've never seen this happen.

Each time I've bought new tables, chairs and counters the price goes up. I've just had to buy another counter it was $3700!!! To buy more chairs is $1200!!!

I've stopped buying tables and chairs as I can't keep food on the counters for more than an hour so I figure I may as well save my coins and only have a few tables and chairs so I get fewer customers and the don't sell out for maybe 2-3 hours!

srg70
12-30-14, 02:28 PM
I definitely wanted to like it too but other than nice graphics it seem more like a game designed to force the people willing to buy gems to do so. I need a hammer for an expansion and am figuring the worker offers it but no sign of it at level 17.

I'm level 16 and have 3 hammers!! Which I have no need of at the moment. Cid the builder does bring them.

rosewaterlily
12-30-14, 03:57 PM
I've made it to level 19 and unlocked three items in the general store and two in the meat and veggies stores. Mostly I cook breakfast sandwich and ravioli on my three stoves, and omelet and carrot cake every two hours, plus chicken soup and chicken alfredo whenever I build up enough chicken, and french dip overnight. Sometimes I switch in tomato soup, spaghetti and meatballs, cheesecake, and hamburgers for variety. And fajitas whenever onions restock. I've found it's a waste of money to learn recipes that require three onions/potatoes/pepper because I only get two every restock and it takes so many hours to wait for them. I rarely even cook the ones that require three or four meat or broccoli (two hours to restock) so learning those has been a waste of money too--and recipes are very expensive at this stage at around 10,000 coins. Just going to ignore the goals from now on and only learn recipes that don't require so much waiting for restock until I can unlock a third slot on both the butcher shop and veggie shop, which will be many tens of thousands of coins from now! Not to mention all the planks that need to drop before then. :p

TJ4EYR
12-30-14, 05:06 PM
I'm level 16 and have 3 hammers!! Which I have no need of at the moment. Cid the builder does bring them.

Amazing! I haven't seen any. Lots of nails, some boards, and a few permits, but never a hammer. Wanted so to like the game, but other than appealing graphics I don't see it being worth the time or effort. Back to Castle Story I go.

Aernak
12-30-14, 05:40 PM
I've found it's a waste of money to learn recipes that require three onions/potatoes/pepper because I only get two every restock and it takes so many hours to wait for them.

I am having this same problem. Finally got my new oven and can't learn carrot cake because the darn thing needs 3 sugar cubes and I can only get 2 at a time and they take forever to restock.

Same w stew needing 3 beef.

Ugh!

littlebear351
12-30-14, 11:42 PM
I agree with everyone' this game requires constant attention and takes wayyyy to long for ingredients. You have to wait hours for a piece of beef to make a single hamburger, totally ridiculous! The shorter time ingredients only make things that last about a minute. The only good thing about it is the graphics but I have a life and this game takes way to much time and becomes quickly boring. RS1 much better.

eline183
12-31-14, 01:11 AM
I figured out that bob the builder visits every 40 minutes (more or less). Maybe this info helps when you're able to play longer at evenings/ in the weekends,... ;-)

yousoldtheworld
12-31-14, 01:46 AM
I gave up and deleted the game today...after sitting and waiting for 4 days trying to get 1 blueprint. Ridiculous. It could be a fun game, but because of things like that, it's not.

srg70
12-31-14, 04:06 AM
I gave up and deleted the game today...after sitting and waiting for 4 days trying to get 1 blueprint. Ridiculous. It could be a fun game, but because of things like that, it's not.

I agree with you! I got 7 nails yesterday and no planks. I also need garlic and only got basil. I'm now on day 4 of trying to complete the garden because of waiting for planks and then I'll have to start all over again with the street market! The game is way too time consuming to make it fun!

srg70
01-01-15, 01:52 PM
I have 23 nails and not a single plank. I need planks for everything I need to build or upgrade. The distribution of items seriously needs looking at!!

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/gerbilmansions/529874a7617431216d680ce3f06a0441.jpg

ForeverLadyGrey
01-04-15, 07:42 AM
Absolutely agree that the low drop rate for boards is ****ing this game. It was fun at first. But I haven't been able to build the herb garden or the street market yet for lack of boards. I used gems to buy boards for an expansion. I'm just waiting to get to level 17 for my rewards on other games and then this game is getting deleted. Level 16, almost free of this mess of a game!

Anastisha13
01-04-15, 09:35 AM
I have had my Construction worker visit my restaurant >8 times and given no item! I just receive a message saying "Pantry storage full" Upgrade!
My pantry had 23/35 items in it!
In my toolbox I have 28 screws, 6 Blueprints and only 1 plank! I cannot use any of these items to upgrade my pantry without using 12 Gems to buy the one plank that I need for it! This is very excessive! My CW doesn't supply the items now, so my game is at a standstill!
Please do something about this problem of resources! By reading this thread, It seems this problem has continued unresolved for a very long time!
ITS ABOUT TIME IT WAS SORTED OUT!

ghjvcucjb
01-04-15, 11:01 AM
I have had my Construction worker visit my restaurant >8 times and given no item! I just receive a message saying "Pantry storage full" Upgrade!
My pantry had 23/35 items in it!
In my toolbox I have 28 screws, 6 Blueprints and only 1 plank! I cannot use any of these items to upgrade my pantry without using 12 Gems to buy the one plank that I need for it! This is very excessive! My CW doesn't supply the items now, so my game is at a standstill!
Please do something about this problem of resources! By reading this thread, It seems this problem has continued unresolved for a very long time!
ITS ABOUT TIME IT WAS SORTED OUT!

Your tool box is full. You will have to trash some if the items in it to get new items or use gems to upgrade. I started a thread about this here... http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76873-WARNING-Tool-box-limit

I've had to trash dozens of nails since I started that thread so I won't get maxed out.

nancydrew88
01-04-15, 01:08 PM
I'm level 16 and am on my way to complete the garden too. I don't think I'll be patient enough to start over again for the street market. This item dropping thing needs fixing.

I agree with you! I got 7 nails yesterday and no planks. I also need garlic and only got basil. I'm now on day 4 of trying to complete the garden because of waiting for planks and then I'll have to start all over again with the street market! The game is way too time consuming to make it fun!

srg70
01-04-15, 01:23 PM
I'm level 16 and am on my way to complete the garden too. I don't think I'll be patient enough to start over again for the street market. This item dropping thing needs fixing.

I agree. I REALLY like this game, BUT the drop ratio needs fixing ASAP. They are going to lose a lot of players because of this.

I need 7 planks total to upgrade my pantry and the garden. In the last 4 days I've recieved 2 planks, 1 hammer, 1 blueprint and 20 nails!! I need planks to continue playing this game. I keep having to delete the nails because my toolbox is full�� Like many others if this is not rectified soon I will also be deleting the game:(

rosewaterlily
01-04-15, 02:14 PM
I think the drop rate is geared toward higher level players, since at level 22 I have zero nails and one plank, plus a bunch of blueprints and hammers and a few shovels. I have expanded all my available shops 3x, my restaurant 4x, two extra slots on the street market, and just opened the garden. Kind of regret deleting all those nails earlier now. Twelve gems spent on one plank to expand my toolbox to 45 was well worth it.

Beecause
01-04-15, 02:18 PM
I need 20 wood boards - I have zero!!!

Have scrapped approximately 15 nails & 5 blue prints.

I have even used gems to buy some of the wood to get some of my previous upgrades done.

Evening out the drop rate for all game parts would be very appreciated.

deucedeuce22
01-04-15, 04:48 PM
Right now I have 12 boards, no nails. Haven't received a nail since I hit lvl 20. Expanding store stock seems wasteful, street market gives much better value for the cost.

My street market has 5 slots, and I hope to add more soon.

DrP4ever
01-05-15, 02:08 PM
Been waiting on potatoes forever to make stew. Need to expand but no planks. Street market needs planks. Everything needs planks. And I have Zero! Why can't we gift them, craft them or something. Added game to get gems for other games but this ones not going to make the cut. Boring and tedious waiting for items to restock, then you can only get 1 and then 6 more hours for the second one. Boring!

deucedeuce22
01-05-15, 02:46 PM
Been waiting on potatoes forever to make stew. Need to expand but no planks. Street market needs planks. Everything needs planks. And I have Zero! Why can't we gift them, craft them or something. Added game to get gems for other games but this ones not going to make the cut. Boring and tedious waiting for items to restock, then you can only get 1 and then 6 more hours for the second one. Boring!

Gem the planks for the street market, you won't regret it. Although you need to have gotten gems from another game or make a purchase first....You'll still need to babysit the street market a bit, but you get fresh ingredients so fast you're constantly able to make good recipes. Because of my five slot street market, I currently have 6k servings of fajitas. Usually at least two of the five slots have ingredients with long restock times.

Beecause
01-05-15, 08:06 PM
When i advanced to level 19 I started to get wood and a really nice equal amount of each of the parts the little guy drops.

Dont know why or how the change occured but I'm able to play more smoothly now. ����

kimberly0822
01-06-15, 12:22 PM
I have to say that i agree with everyone else. Waiting on the builder to drop something only to see that the drop is nails yet again has me to the point of letting this game go. Im really disappointed because i did restraunt story original forever but lost my game when i changed devices. After loosing all that work, i decided that i didnt have the desire to start over. This new version definately changed my mind, but now...not so much. Will stick it out to see if anything changes soon, but if not, its gotta go!

Buttercup0001
01-06-15, 06:38 PM
I did some calculation today. With the cost of gems in mind, to purchase 4 virtual potatoes to make stew would cost more than if I went to my local grocery store and bought 4 potatoes to make stew for my husband!

Lol but so true. Excellent quote ;)

betsyann26
01-06-15, 08:37 PM
Lots and lots and lots and lotttttttttttttttts of grilled cheese? :P

I am level 15 and I have been saving for the Diner Oven for... well this is my third day.

When it first unlocked, it seemed impossible. I was like $17,000???? But after much cooking, I should be able to afford it today. I just hit $15,000.

It's obnoxious though, because there is other stuff I want to buy/unlock also, and it's all so expensive. :( I need $8,000 for the spice station, $8,000 for my 3rd expansion (which unlocks the garden), $1,700 to unlock flour, $2,200 to unlock broccoli, $2,800 to learn stew, $2,200 to learn carrot cake, $1,700 to learn sugar cookies, $3,000 to learn omelette, $3,700 to learn chicken casserole... UGH!!!!! Also some of the pointless quests are so expensive. I have one currently that wants me to spend my precious gold on stupid blue walls and floors. WHY? I just paid for red ones? UGH!!!!!!!

I have my 3 stoves and 2 commercial stoves going all day long, even if it's just stupid recipes like french toast and grilled cheese. I tend to make a lot of raviolis, too. I try to save my beef and not making burgers with it - I like to do two 6-hour french dips at a time on my commercial ovens, or I do steak and eggs. I think I am making about $5,000-$6,000 per day at my current rate, based on the $15,000 I have managed to save for the oven. (I have had the game open a LOT though, and I cannot keep playing at this pace. I am hoping once I get my oven I can bake some longer recipes and relax a bit. We shall see...)

I do the same thing! Only cook French dips or steak and eggs. Once in a while cheesecake and a whole lot of ravioli. I payed tons of coins to unlock flour yet I still can't use it because it cost tons to unlock the oven for baking. I deleted flour from my inventory. I had 28 of 40 tools in my tool box yet I continue to get nails. So I read that deleting some nails from a full toolbox will help. Well my tool box isn't full but after almost 3 days of nails I read that and delete 8 nails and all the sudden I finally get a plank. So I can expand for the 3rd time so I can unlock the garden but now I have to wait another week for more planks.. I doubt I will last that long.. Once I hit level 17 I'm done. Get my gems for my dragons and other games. And I'm out. The sad thing is I really liked this game when I started. Never played the first one. I did notice that if I'm away for a few hours bob the builder is usually waiting for me when I get back on but that doesn't help when he gives me nails every time. Yet to see a hammer. 4 hours for a potato hahaha also I actually will spend money on gems in my other games but this is a money pit! At least in dragon story I can do everything without gems and buy them when I want. I am more willing to spend my hard earned money on a game that doesn't try to force me to buy gems!!!

deucedeuce22
01-07-15, 01:50 AM
If you can stick it out, the game does eventually balance out. I'm actually at a point where I want nails again, and am constantly getting gems and boards. I also haven't had any money issues since opening the street market, I've been able to learn all the recipes and afford every appliance as I hit that level. I've slowly built up my servings available to a point where I can leave game for several hours at a time and still have food when I get back (currently have 10k+ servings).

nancydrew88
01-07-15, 05:42 AM
I only need 1 more plank to open the street market, and 2 more for herbs garden. Do you think it's more beneficial to open the street market first? I have all the maps & nails required.

If you can stick it out, the game does eventually balance out. I'm actually at a point where I want nails again, and am constantly getting gems and boards. I also haven't had any money issues since opening the street market, I've been able to learn all the recipes and afford every appliance as I hit that level. I've slowly built up my servings available to a point where I can leave game for several hours at a time and still have food when I get back (currently have 10k+ servings).

konstans07
01-07-15, 07:13 AM
agree!!!!!!!
Waiting for the parts, ****ing the game!!! I have a lot of nails, and oh my God.....so much basil don't even know what to do with that!!!!! This women doesn't have garlic on her???? and the garden gives me more basil!!!!!!!except spices, what can we do with that?? We can't even sell it!!!

Who thought about that?????Maby u have to change that if u want us to continue playing the game.

And how about the shovel??? I have to wait the man to throught it?? When?? August???

deucedeuce22
01-07-15, 08:16 AM
I only need 1 more plank to open the street market, and 2 more for herbs garden. Do you think it's more beneficial to open the street market first? I have all the maps & nails required.

Street market first, and as soon as possible. If you have any gems, use them on boards to get the street market up. The herb garden can wait, it will just fill up your pantry with herbs that you end up deleting for more space anyways.

mamareader02
01-07-15, 08:55 AM
Loving this game,but the wait times on some of the veg are ridiculous-and no,I will not use gems to speed them up,if I do,it's only for 1-2 gems at end of night(and I consider them free since bob the builder guy(yes,I know his name is Sid,but me and my son like bob better)drops a few gems daily ).just a little input from a gem buyer for TL-1)will only use up to 2 gems once every few days to speed up veg,not gonna be a big gem drain 2)shorten the times a little,I WILL pay gems to upgrade shop and storage,just sayin

ginrae22
01-07-15, 10:17 AM
So I do like this game so far. It's cute and I like that things are different from RS original. But yeah I have to say there are some big issues !! Like of course waiting for the almighty construction worker and hoping beyond hope that he gives me what I actually need!

Also much like FS2 why in the world are things sooooo crazy expensive ?! 17,000 coins for a stove ?! Come on.

It's like woo I got to the next level but it'll be another week until I can actually buy my diner stove.

Also can someone please tell me? I don't see a physical storage unit for my upgrade parts that cid drops? And I'm almost at capacity. So... Am I going to be stuck once Im full of parts because I dont have the ridiculous amount of coins to pay for the upgrade? Most of the games are pretty easy in the first levels. Well I feel like I just started and already my upgraded cost a lot and require too much. As new players we need success to draw us in and make us want to keep playing. Being discouraged so early on is not the best strategy when you want people to become addicted lol!!!

nancydrew88
01-07-15, 10:48 AM
Awesome. Thanks for your input :)

Street market first, and as soon as possible. If you have any gems, use them on boards to get the street market up. The herb garden can wait, it will just fill up your pantry with herbs that you end up deleting for more space anyways.

nancydrew88
01-07-15, 10:53 AM
To see your tools storage, tap on your pantry (the one with your veggies, meats & other ingredients). You'll then see there are 2 tabs on the left side of the popup window that shows all of your ingredients. Tap the tab that shows a red toolbox. When you see all of the tools you have, tap on a tool you want to delete, and all the tools will show a delete button on them. Just tap the delete button on a tool and you can choose how many of the tools you want to delete.

Also can someone please tell me? I don't see a physical storage unit for my upgrade parts that cid drops? And I'm almost at capacity. So... Am I going to be stuck once Im full of parts because I dont have the ridiculous amount of coins to pay for the upgrade? Most of the games are pretty easy in the first levels. Well I feel like I just started and already my upgraded cost a lot and require too much. As new players we need success to draw us in and make us want to keep playing. Being discouraged so early on is not the best strategy when you want people to become addicted lol!!!

nancydrew88
01-07-15, 10:57 AM
Here's the toolbox:

The pantry tab is above the toolbpx tab.

deucedeuce22
01-07-15, 11:56 AM
Are people really having trouble with buying appliances? I just hit 22 and had over 100k coins to use to learn the 3 new recipes. I think you're upgrading everything too fast, wasting coins on extra tables and counters or upgrading store stock. You can always expand later on when you have more to work with...

My sweet spot was 8 tables, 8 counters. All my upgrades go to the pantry, or to the street market. I have more meat then I know what to do with currently, especially with one of my ranges learning Osso Buco, which takes a crazy long time.

twinmommy03
01-07-15, 12:04 PM
Thank you DeuceDeuce22 for answering my question, without even knowing you were :) I am at the point of deciding which to rebuild first, so thanks to you, I will blow the 12 gems to get my last board to open the street market. Hope this makes a difference, because I'm getting frustrated!

deucedeuce22
01-07-15, 12:15 PM
I wish the game showed how many servings of food people had on their counters. If you could see the crazy amount of high quality food my street market generates, everyone would understand the need to get and upgrade the street market as much as possible.

I'd love to trade some boards for more nails, lack of nails is slowing me down hehe.

EDIT-- as an example, my street market just had 2 pieces of steak, a pepper and a piece of chicken. That's several hours of restocks in one 10 minute period. And that happens very frequently.

441sogo
01-07-15, 02:38 PM
I couldn't agree more!! The ratio of parts that drop definitely needs to be adjusted. I'm on level 20, and have yet to see a single hammer!! My pantry is stuck at a par stock of 40, and has been forever because I can't get my hands on a single hammer. Grrr! It kind of stinks to have to consistently delete ingredients to prepare multi-ingredient recipes. :(

ginrae22
01-07-15, 03:26 PM
How do we even upgrade our tool box ?!!! Someone help me please ! I can't collect parts anymore lol my constriction guy keeps coming of course now that I cant receive more parts !!!

kooky panda
01-07-15, 03:39 PM
How do we even upgrade our tool box ?!!! Someone help me please ! I can't collect parts anymore lol my constriction guy keeps coming of course now that I cant receive more parts !!!

Hit the upgrade button at the bottom of the tool box or if you have tons of one item, you can trash some of those to make room.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17658&d=1420653433 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17658&d=1420653433)

ginrae22
01-07-15, 04:40 PM
Thanks !! I didn't see the toolbox second tab when I opened my other storage to try to upgrade it.

: )

ginrae22
01-07-15, 04:42 PM
So... I still don't have a hammer lol. Looks like I'm still stuck and either have to discard upgrade parts or wait until I can afford one of the other upgrades... Sigh. lol!!

8PrettyWoman
01-07-15, 10:16 PM
What does quick serve mean? The illustration in the game doesn't seem to make any sense. Can somebody explain this to me please? Thanks!

infinitelove19
01-08-15, 07:19 AM
I think it would be great to be able to trade parts. Even trading 2 of one item for one of another would be nice. For anyone still looking for hammers I would love to give you some of mine. Got twelve, but only need two of those at a time so far... wondering if I'll need them later, so hanging on for now.

Thinking of upgrading my general store so I can get 3 of each item at a time. Most items aren't an issue, but can never get enough sugar, even with four slots on the street market. Mine almost always stocks cucumber, mayo and bread. Come on onions! ;-)

AddictedGamer74
01-08-15, 08:47 AM
So I started playing this game and it's so disappointing ! I hate being limited on tables ! It sucks that the game choses what table u can tip when visiting ! The food items take to long to regain and it takes forever to get the things u need for upgrading ! The classic game is way better ! I love cooking towards a goal of earning gems and status ! I wish all ur classic games were on iOS ! A lot of ur newer versions r disappointing !

Sieressa
01-09-15, 12:52 PM
It sucks all the waiting game.... Every 30 minutes you'll get some nails - wow WHO the hell has time to spend 30 minutes in a row at this game???? Senseless staring at the screen to wait to collect an egg or 2 HOURS(!!!) to collect 1 piece of meat???? I'm gonna delete this game. There is NO fun while playing it

I am also deleting the game...I gave it a go and the original is better.

ghjvcucjb
01-09-15, 01:32 PM
Just an update for TL: my tool box is at 50 and in two days I have had to delete numerous nails and blueprints because of being near full but only having 1 plank so can't upgrade or expand anything. The planks are not dropping every 5-7 times as stated by another post. Could you please look into balancing out the drops a little more? It's getting terribly frustrating. Thanks!

ghjvcucjb
01-09-15, 04:11 PM
Just an update for TL: my tool box is at 50 and in two days I have had to delete numerous nails and blueprints because of being near full but only having 1 plank so can't upgrade or expand anything. The planks are not dropping every 5-7 times as stated by another post. Could you please look into balancing out the drops a little more? It's getting terribly frustrating. Thanks!
Another update: had to delete 3 more nails, hammers and blueprints just now. I NEED planks PLEASE!

dubbleyooteeyef
01-09-15, 06:26 PM
What does quick serve mean? The illustration in the game doesn't seem to make any sense. Can somebody explain this to me please? Thanks!

Its like gems - to speed up making or selling food.
So if you have the icons with a "6" in them - it will take "6" gems or "6" quick serve hands to finish that task.

Quick serves look like that have a maximum so I guess - make sure you spent them before hitting max - mine has always been 20 - I'm now level 19

I wish the game showed how many servings of food people had on their counters. If you could see the crazy amount of high quality food my street market generates, everyone would understand the need to get and upgrade the street market as much as possible.

I'd love to trade some boards for more nails, lack of nails is slowing me down hehe.

EDIT-- as an example, my street market just had 2 pieces of steak, a pepper and a piece of chicken. That's several hours of restocks in one 10 minute period. And that happens very frequently.

Good Advice - I have 4 slots

WinnyWoos
01-09-15, 06:33 PM

Are you still getting rare items in your street market??

ghjvcucjb
01-10-15, 01:38 AM

Another update: had to delete 3 more nails, hammers and blueprints just now. I NEED planks PLEASE!

Last update for this day. Just trashed 3 more nails due to a lack of room in my tool box (50) and a lack of planks to upgrade or expand anything. I believe that's over 9+ nails trashed today alone. And numerous other items. Please look at a more balanced drop rate on the items. Thank you!

konstans07
01-10-15, 08:19 AM
i have 30 nails and 1 plank. wooooooow nice ratio!!!!

i think i m gonna delete this game soon. Not worth it to spend your time there every 30 minutes to see if the guy drops plank and give u the opportunity to continue the game.

WinnyWoos
01-10-15, 12:08 PM
It might be worth it to buy the planks with gems (depending on how many you need of of course) because the higher up you get in the game, you need way more nails than planks and will cringe knowing you've deleted all those nails. Either way you look at it, it stinks. We shouldn't have to use gems for materials nor should we have to be delete ones that we actually do get just to make room. This is a huge problem.

As for me, there's nothing more irrating than leveling up to a new feature in the game (atm for me it's the Seafood Shop) just to find out you need more expansions before you can even build it which to get enough parts for both, will take months:(

deucedeuce22
01-10-15, 02:24 PM
I hit 23 and did not buy cucumbers yet. My street market is still amazing, I am producing more ingredients then I can even use. I'm working on the goal where I need 3 stew, 3 potato soup and 3 chicken soup, so I've been stocking up on peppers and onions until the goal is finished. I have 8k+ servings of fajitas with ingredients for four more batches. I need one more shovel for the 5th herb plot, but have plenty of hammers. I also just upgraded my vegetable market to 3 stock, and restaurant expansion #5.

kuppikahvia
01-10-15, 02:48 PM
It might be worth it to buy the planks with gems (depending on how many you need of of course) because the higher up you get in the game, you need way more nails than planks and will cringe knowing you've deleted all those nails. Either way you look at it, it stinks. We shouldn't have to use gems for materials nor should we have to be delete ones that we actually do get just to make room. This is a huge problem.

As for me, there's nothing more irrating than leveling up to a new feature in the game (atm for me it's the Seafood Shop) just to find out you need more expansions before you can even build it which to get enough parts for both, will take months:(

could you share how many expansions are needed before opening the seafood shop? because I'm going to get there soon and would like to avoid suprises... thanks a lot in advance!

WinnyWoos
01-10-15, 09:06 PM
could you share how many expansions are needed before opening the seafood shop? because I'm going to get there soon and would like to avoid suprises... thanks a lot in advance!

Lol I was doing the same thing on players walls until someone finally got back to me, haha! You have to have your 5th expansion completed before you can build the seafood shop.

As for me, I'm about to hit level 27 and still waiting on expansions parts so I feel kinda stuck at this point in the game without it. I can't learn any new recipes and no point in getting the new commercial appliance either cause they all require seafood.

ghjvcucjb
01-10-15, 10:16 PM
I hit 23 and did not buy cucumbers yet. My street market is still amazing, I am producing more ingredients then I can even use. I'm working on the goal where I need 3 stew, 3 potato soup and 3 chicken soup, so I've been stocking up on peppers and onions until the goal is finished. I have 8k+ servings of fajitas with ingredients for four more batches. I need one more shovel for the 5th herb plot, but have plenty of hammers. I also just upgraded my vegetable market to 3 stock, and restaurant expansion #5.
That's very smart of you. I posted a few days back that once I opened cucumbers my market stopped being a gift and became a bummer with mostly only cucumbers for sale. Don't bother to unlock cucumbers until you get the deli.

ghjvcucjb
01-10-15, 10:18 PM

Only problem with using gems for planks is now I have only 9 gems left, still seldom seeing a plank so everything's come to a grinding halt. Either there needs to be a way to earn more gems faster or the upgrade and building supplies need to even out more.

PurpleScorpion76
01-11-15, 06:31 AM

Funniest and most bizarre thing I've heard so far this year. Worrying that inflation has increased so much in the virtual world.

ghjvcucjb
01-12-15, 12:50 PM
Got two planks since last night so had enough to do an expansion. THANK YOU CID!

srg70
01-12-15, 06:20 PM
I've gone from one extreme to the other. I needed planks and never got them all I seemed to get was nails. Now it's gone the other way. My tool box has 29 items and not a single nail. I've not had a nail in two days!!!!

enaid03
01-13-15, 02:17 PM
I've gone from one extreme to the other. I needed planks and never got them all I seemed to get was nails. Now it's gone the other way. My tool box has 29 items and not a single nail. I've not had a nail in two days!!!!

Same here. I deleted nails yesterday. Cid keeps giving me gems, shovels, hammers and planks but only one nail since yesterday.

And now I'm in desperate need of nails!

ghjvcucjb
01-13-15, 04:32 PM
Delete three more nails today and used gems for last plank but I was finally able to open my seafood shop! Wish we could trade

biba999
01-15-15, 11:17 AM
I feel the same!!! After playing Restaurant and Bakery Story, this game is just making it too difficult and takes all the fun out of it. I like the concept, but just takes too long to achieve anything.

ghjvcucjb
01-15-15, 01:00 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but...I need NAILS! TL can I please go dumpster diving and get back all the nails I trashed for space? Please!

srg70
01-16-15, 06:26 AM
Can't believe I'm saying this but...I need NAILS! TL can I please go dumpster diving and get back all the nails I trashed for space? Please!

Lol, you're funny!

I also no need. It's like the game flips round. You start off being given a ton of nails and nothing else, then it flips to loads of planks and not much else. This happened to me around level 20/21. I'm at level 24 now and I think it's leveled out a little, but I don't want to speak to soon!!

deucedeuce22
01-16-15, 11:49 AM
My game balanced out around level 21, and I now get equal amounts of boards, nails, and expansion permits. I also still get seeds shovels and hammers in enough quantity for upgrades.

Current stock: 10 boards, 10 nails, 12 permits, 9 seeds, 8 hammers, and 2 shovels. My toolbox max capacity is at 60. I have 5 slots in my herb garden, next upgrade at 28.

WinnyWoos
01-16-15, 12:36 PM
I have more shovels and hammers than anything, I'm def no where near leveled out. I'm about to hit 31 and still not enough seeds for a 4th slot in my herb garden. Apparently the Lilly that comes to see me doesn't know that seeds are required:mad:

Oh I finally learned a recipe that actually required basil! Just in case anyone else was wondering if herbs were just for spices...haha

infinitelove19
01-17-15, 08:06 AM

Nails are really holding me up, too. I'm level 37 and it seems I can delete 2 expansion permits, 2 hammers and 2 planks to make space only to do it all again with only another single nail in my possession. The drop rates need some serious adjustments!

Edit: I will try to post here every time I get an item for my toolbox
7:10am - plank
7:41am - plank
8:15am - nail
8:52am - nail
9:45am - expansion permit
10:15am - plank

WinnyWoos
01-17-15, 12:11 PM
Nails are really holding me up, too. I'm level 37 and it seems I can delete 2 expansion permits, 2 hammers and 2 planks to make space only to do it all again with only another single nail in my possession. The drop rates need some serious adjustments!

Edit: I will try to post here every time I get an item for my toolbox
7:10am - plank
7:41am - plank
8:15am - nail
8:52am - nail
9:45am - expansion permit
10:15am - plank

Are you logging in and out during the above time frames? Or are you constantly playing in the game? Thanks;)

infinitelove19
01-19-15, 01:29 PM
Are you logging in and out during the above time frames? Or are you constantly playing in the game? Thanks;)

Logging in and out. ;-)
A mod said that Cid wouldn't come any more often than every 30 minutes, so I check back every 30 minutes when possible, and Cid shows up pretty quickly. But for the record, the times are estimates... I didn't always note the time exactly

infinitelove19
01-19-15, 01:48 PM

Okay, it seems that expansion 8 doesn't need any nails, so I finally have a more even distribution and am not always maxed and having 20 planks/hammers and no nails. Now equally low on everything.

.... (edit)
Urgh! I wish I hadn't deleted so many expansion permits. I needed to expand before I could 'open' the fruit stand and I've been short one expansion permit (for fruit stand) since this time yesterday. Previously, due to lack of nails and excess planks, permits and hammers, I probably deleted about 6 of them. (before breaking down and using gems to get enough nails)

WinnyWoos
01-19-15, 03:04 PM
Logging in and out. ;-)
A mod said that Cid wouldn't come any more often than every 30 minutes, so I check back every 30 minutes when possible, and Cid shows up pretty quickly. But for the record, the times are estimates... I didn't always note the time exactly

Ahhh ok I gotcha:) One thing I've noticed is while visiting others, I was seeing Cid and Lilly in neighbors shops and just thought I'd just so happen to catch him showing them a visit, lol but then I noticed that when this happens and I go back home, they are either there waiting on me or walk in seconds later.

So just a little FYI, next time you see one of them in someone's place, try going back home and see if he/or she shows up:D

twinmommy03
01-20-15, 09:11 AM
So just a little FYI, next time you see one of them in someone's place, try going back home and see if he/or she shows up:D

That's great to know. Thanks for the heads-up!

DrP4ever
01-22-15, 02:38 AM
So remember how nails were plentiful, now it is planks and I need nails. Trashed a bunch! Ugh!

kestrelcatcher
01-22-15, 03:06 PM
My main issue is I need lumbar... I have nails. LOTS of nails, I get nothing but nails, and now my toolbox is full... and unless I spend gems, I have no way to upgrade it... I was so excited about this game, at first, but every 30 minutes for a CHANCE he will drop what I need is insanity, to me... If it weren't for the fact I get gems for this in Fantasy Forest Story for playing, I'd have quit long ago... It also crashes my iPad like nothing else. I got these games because I've had a heart attack and was told I absolutley must de-stress, so these are my relaxing little hobbies... but this game makes me sad.

rosewaterlily
01-22-15, 08:18 PM
Okay, it seems that expansion 8 doesn't need any nails, so I finally have a more even distribution and am not always maxed and having 20 planks/hammers and no nails. Now equally low on everything.

Thanks for this info. Good to know eventually the gazillion planks (I have 22 planks and zero nails after doing expansion 7) have some place to be used. Do you need to get to expansion 8 before opening the fruit stand? Just trying to plan ahead.

orleansparish
01-22-15, 11:29 PM
Im slowly starting to play again and used some of the free gems towards expansion 5. So i can get to the fish stand. I seriously hope i dont need parts to THEN build and use it.

Im almost on level 37. And am curious as to what the fruit thingy is like. Its a slow and tedious game. But i have to see what the fish stand is like before i even consider maybe buying gems to help me along.

I still think there needs to be some tweaking to the game. Because logging in once every two hours to get a part isnt going to cut it.

They need to seriously consider selling parts in the stand again. Or give us the tool building back in some capacity.

imthebest2000
01-22-15, 11:34 PM
Im slowly starting to play again and used some of the free gems towards expansion 5. So i can get to the fish stand. I seriously hope i dont need parts to THEN build and use it.

Im almost on level 37. And am curious as to what the fruit thingy is like. Its a slow and tedious game. But i have to see what the fish stand is like before i even consider maybe buying gems to help me along.

I still think there needs to be some tweaking to the game. Because logging in once every two hours to get a part isnt going to cut it.

They need to seriously consider selling parts in the stand again. Or give us the tool building back in some capacity.

Yep, waiting for the cid to come around sucks. What's the point in the exploring the whole town if you can't even do anything. I mean can't we get some sort of supplier or something to like get us boards or hammers or shovels, it just takes the fun away. I'm really curious when I unlock a new building but it's the WAITING FOR PARTS part that takes the fun away. I'm only addicted to the game because of the graphics and because I can never find a good game to play

imthebest2000
01-22-15, 11:41 PM

I have gotten a hammer. But I accedentilly used it to upgrade ( oops! ) I can unlock garden and street market but the wood. I had like 6 or 7 but I used it accedentilly when I upgraded.. ( regret it ) so now I gotta wait for a long time.
I mean, seriously. TL can do better, the waiting is so annoying.

WinnyWoos
01-23-15, 12:14 AM
So i can get to the fish stand. I seriously hope i dont need parts to THEN build and use

If your referring to the Seafood Shop, unfortunately it does have to be built.

imthebest2000
01-23-15, 12:51 AM
If your referring to the Seafood Shop, unfortunately it does have to be built.

Yep, I'm only level 17, but from what I've heard everything requires parts to be built. :( :( :(

infinitelove19
01-27-15, 05:56 PM
Thanks for this info. Good to know eventually the gazillion planks (I have 22 planks and zero nails after doing expansion 7) have some place to be used. Do you need to get to expansion 8 before opening the fruit stand? Just trying to plan ahead.

^^^Yes, you definitely have to do expansion 8 before the fruit stand, though as I recall both need blueprints.

To be quite honest, I haven't really been using my fruit stand. I collected enough apples to make enough pies to complete the goal, but I don't find the apple pie recipe to be worthwhile, either for my ingredients, the counter space or the appliance.

Currently at level 42, so can buy drink maker and unlock orange and lemon, though I cannot afford any of this.
Also just did expansion 9, and am back to needing nails more than anything else, though at least my toolbox isn't overflowing this time. Debating purchasing a second deli before a drink maker... could go either way.

threepwood14
01-27-15, 07:34 PM
Gem traps are ****ing this game

HarunaMin
01-27-15, 07:50 PM
This is just like Farm Story 2, but worse, because you cannot buy parts or trade with neighbours, and not even in the random gift list!
Urgh!!!

infinitelove19
01-29-15, 12:17 PM
Why not have a "multi-purpose tool" dropped by Cid. It should be dropped in good numbers, and then we shoukd be able to turn it into whatever we are short on.

Only drawback I can think of is for newer players, or those who haven't discovered their toolbox, as they may max out with an even higher chance of not having the specific tools they need for a particular upgrade... maybe have some goals relating to this to guide people to their toolbox?

NetterBetter38
01-30-15, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know how to get shovels for RS2? I cannot expand my garden without them

queentina3
01-30-15, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know how to get shovels for RS2? I cannot expand my garden without them

CID will drop them. Nails are the common drop with everything else being rare. I don't think he'll start dropping shovels until you have the new plot, so if you just got to that point, he'll probably drop one in the next day or so.

orleansparish
01-30-15, 08:48 PM
He's been unusually kind to me, dropping 6 blueprints in a row. Now I need nails. And just bought some boards on sale for $4.99. I got 1400 gems but I'll be patient and get most of my parts from here, before I try to expand twice more to open the fruit stand. I'm almost at level 38 too.

To make the most however, I seriously need to expand my veggie shop. Mushrooms, onions, peppers and potatoes are in the dishes that earn the most. I have a 2nd sandwich maker, but am too cheap for a third.

We seriously need to be allowed to ask for at least 3 parts per day from neighbors. Or to be able to gift them. Who cares about helping hands of they're random too!!!

We also need this on farm 2.

imthebest2000
01-30-15, 11:36 PM
He's been unusually kind to me, dropping 6 blueprints in a row. Now I need nails. And just bought some boards on sale for $4.99. I got 1400 gems but I'll be patient and get most of my parts from here, before I try to expand twice more to open the fruit stand. I'm almost at level 38 too.

To make the most however, I seriously need to expand my veggie shop. Mushrooms, onions, peppers and potatoes are in the dishes that earn the most. I have a 2nd sandwich maker, but am too cheap for a third.

We seriously need to be allowed to ask for at least 3 parts per day from neighbors. Or to be able to gift them. Who cares about helping hands of they're random too!!!

We also need this on farm 2.

Agreed. This is just getting annoying. I've stopped playing for a week now. I'm just suck of waiting for cid to come around, we need another way to gain supplies. I've closed my shop so I don't run out of food but, neither can vid or Lilly ( is that correct? ) come around. Only because I'm sick of this. TL needs to have a big update fix bugs and especially that. Talking about bugs I couldn't access my messages for a while and, I don't know if I can now. The luckiest I've got is 2 wood planks 3 nails and 1 gem and 1 blueprint in 1 day, but sometimes when I have nothing to do I play nonstop. But food shouldn't be going so quick when we're off game. Once I went off for 30 mins and half my food was gone. And I fill it up and ATLEAST get all foods over 100 serves. Sometimes 200. So I'm at the verge of saying " im sick of you! I might aswell just sit around rather than waiting for the dang parts. " I'm sorry if this is a bit long to read. Carry on with anything else. :/ :/ :) :(

orleansparish
01-31-15, 12:55 AM
"
Agreed. This is just getting annoying. I've stopped playing for a week now. I'm just suck of waiting for cid to come around, we need another way to gain supplies. I've closed my shop so I don't run out of food but, neither can vid or Lilly ( is that correct? ) come around. Only because I'm sick of this. TL needs to have a big update fix bugs and especially that. Talking about bugs I couldn't access my messages for a while and, I don't know if I can now. The luckiest I've got is 2 wood planks 3 nails and 1 gem and 1 blueprint in 1 day, but sometimes when I have nothing to do I play nonstop. But food shouldn't be going so quick when we're off game. Once I went off for 30 mins and half my food was gone. And I fill it up and ATLEAST get all foods over 100 serves. Sometimes 200. So I'm at the verge of saying " im sick of you! I might aswell just sit around rather than waiting for the dang parts. " I'm sorry if this is a bit long to read. Carry on with anything else. :/ :/ :) :(

My food is always gone when I leave and return, not even 30 minutes later. That's being generous. It's more like 20 minutes, with about 12 counters. I did quit for over a month when they removed out progress and made U.S. work towards getting parts to expand and update again.

Boredom had me give it another try and it was going around the community and reading walls that had me cooking. It's fun for me now but it's tedious. I don't like how we have to limit the counters and seats we get. You can have Maybe three players tip before getting "full" messages again.

Beecause
01-31-15, 05:07 PM
All of my other TL games are neighbor dependant so I love that I can play this one on my own.
(I only have 8 neighbors in this game & thats very cool)
This game just requires patience & dedication.

kimberly0822
02-01-15, 05:06 AM
Have been playing nonstop (level 25) but have made little progress...have been trying to expand, get the parts fot the fish market or expand my existing stores for over a week. Waiting for parts that are dependant on a random drop from one patron just makes the game frustrating. The wait times at the stores are also incredibly frustrating and I'm sick to death of only having ingredients for ravioli and cresent sandwiches. If i want frustration i can find it elsewhere, games are supposed to be fun! Long time fan of TL games, but this one....not a fan at all! :(

queentina3
02-06-15, 04:15 PM
I'm passed the point of annoyed and moving on to furious. Cid will not drop a shovel to me. I honestly don't even need to open up more slots in the garden as 3 seems to be plenty, but I want that goal done and I can't move past it because Cid won't drop me a shovel so I can expand the garden. It has been well over a week and he has dropped everything else, even GEMS, multiple times a day, but never once have I seen a shovel! This is seriously beyond ridiculous at this point. I know that it is a rare drop, but come on, there is a huge difference between something being RARE and something being NEVER SEEN ONCE. :rolleyes:

tvxal3
02-06-15, 07:12 PM
I am also getting bored. I am think I will stop playing this game. RS is better.

queentina3
02-13-15, 09:23 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG, Cid finally gave me a SHOVEL!!! *does happy dance, does happy dance*

I think my threat of throwing eggs over his head and the kicks in the shins finally paid off! I should've done it weeks ago! WOO HOO!

cakebaby75
03-04-15, 12:49 AM
Waiting for CID and parts is ****ing this game for me, I can't progress, can't open anything. He visits me once an hour if I'm lucky and then he can't get a seat. I hate this game! TL sort it out!!!

Dr_Ishmael
03-04-15, 07:28 PM
Why isn't there a way for us to trade our excess tools for the ones we need? E.g. trade 5 nails for a wood plank, or 2 hammers for a shovel. Throw in a coin cost if you must, but this would still be a GREAT feature!

iyadudu
03-05-15, 12:53 AM
Why isn't there a way for us to trade our excess tools for the ones we need? E.g. trade 5 nails for a wood plank, or 2 hammers for a shovel. Throw in a coin cost if you must, but this would still be a GREAT feature!

I AGREE with you 100%!!! We should also be able to sell food off of our counters WITHOUT having to use quick serve or gems. They are making it VERY DIFFICULT for us to play this game without having to spend real money. Smh. Oh well, I'll keep moving at a slow pace cos I refuse to spend any real money on a game.

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 02:33 AM
I've been on level 49 for awhile now, and now the only tool I am short on is hammers. Lots of nails, lots of planks and everything else, but I have had two hammers for days now, and I need at least three to do anything. Most of my stores need 8 or more hammers to upgrade.

Need a trade-in option for tools and/or the the toolbox to be twice the size as the pantry. (My pantry & toolbox are fully upgraded)
The frustrating thing is that I deleted several hammers back when I needed nails and planks so badly due to lack of space. The distribution and progression of which tools are needed is SO frustrating. :-(

bethaneyl
03-12-15, 12:21 PM
I've literally had to buy the last plank or two almost every time I've upgraded anything the past few weeks.....I'm done doing that it's not just me being impatient either.....I'm talking about 15 nails in a row without one plank or blueprint (if not more) ....
I have been getting a few 1gem drops from the construction worker but really I'd rather just have a choice of material !
I'm super frustrated with this "system" and it's even worse when u get those offers on the side trying to sell items/materials for $ and planks or needed material happens to be included .....image that what I Need & cannot get can be purchased ,,,,yeah I get the point it's set up to wear up down making it hard it get buy without paying to advance ....blah
This game has lots of potential that's being ruined by shady greedy methods .....JmO

*i am not bashing Free to play and I totally get the fact that developers should earn $ for their work I regularly support numerous games ....I've played hundreds and hundreds of games and spent wayyy more $ than I'll probably ever admit ...lol
This game just needs a few tweaks and if would rock .....again JMO

WinnyWoos
03-12-15, 04:51 PM
I've literally had to buy the last plank or two almost every time I've upgraded anything the past few weeks.....I'm done doing that it's not just me being impatient either.....I'm talking about 15 nails in a row without one plank or blueprint (if not more) ....
I have been getting a few 1gem drops from the construction worker but really I'd rather just have a choice of material !
I'm super frustrated with this "system" and it's even worse when u get those offers on the side trying to sell items/materials for $ and planks or needed material happens to be included .....image that what I Need & cannot get can be purchased ,,,,yeah I get the point it's set up to wear up down making it hard it get buy without paying to advance ....blah
This game has lots of potential that's being ruined by shady greedy methods .....JmO

*i am not bashing Free to play and I totally get the fact that developers should earn $ for their work I regularly support numerous games ....I've played hundreds and hundreds of games and spent wayyy more $ than I'll probably ever admit ...lol
This game just needs a few tweaks and if would rock .....again JMO

I feel your pain. I don't think I've been able to expand without having to buy at least 2 blue prints thus far. I neverrrrrr get blue prints but I here people saying they have to delete them:confused:

tiggerhobbes
03-12-15, 11:11 PM
I feel your pain. I don't think I've been able to expand without having to buy at least 2 blue prints thus far. I neverrrrrr get blue prints but I here people saying they have to delete them:confused:
I'm one of those miscreants who has been deleting blueprints regularly, I typically have over 40 blueprints in my inbox before I start deleting. Mean while I've paid real money to buy nails and hammers. So uneven is uneven, just becauses I get blueprints rained on me doesn't mean I don't get pressured to gem.

WinnyWoos
03-13-15, 08:22 AM
I'm one of those miscreants who has been deleting blueprints regularly, I typically have over 40 blueprints in my inbox before I start deleting. Mean while I've paid real money to buy nails and hammers. So uneven is uneven, just becauses I get blueprints rained on me doesn't mean I don't get pressured to gem.

I wasn't saying others didn't; I was just simply giving my experience:)

tiggerhobbes
03-13-15, 08:41 AM
Lol, I wasn't trying to contradict anything you said, I was concurring that the game drops get really uneven.

I find it helps if you are willing to just upgrade whatever the resources dictates, so if you are short on nails (which I usually am) focus on fruit market upgrade, if you are short on coins (which I was until I finally bought all the stoves and counters and unlocked all the recipes I wanted) then upgrade street market etc.

Different upgrades require different parts, it's better to upgraded something i don't necessary need (like the 19th slot in the street market which I just upgraded today) than to be forced to delete parts IMO.

it's really really hard if you have your heart set on upgrading one specific thing. Seems they read mind and just won't drop what you really want.

WinnyWoos
03-13-15, 09:55 AM
Lol, I wasn't trying to contradict anything you said, I was concurring that the game drops get really uneven.

I find it helps if you are willing to just upgrade whatever the resources dictates, so if you are short on nails (which I usually am) focus on fruit market upgrade, if you are short on coins (which I was until I finally bought all the stoves and counters and unlocked all the recipes I wanted) then upgrade street market etc.

Different upgrades require different parts, it's better to upgraded something i don't necessary need (like the 19th slot in the street market which I just upgraded today) than to be forced to delete parts IMO.

it's really really hard if you have your heart set on upgrading one specific thing. Seems they read mind and just won't drop what you really want.

Ikr! I'm in a prediciment atm...I have everything to upgrade my fruit market but I'm just under 1000 pts from the strawberries and want to wait so I can take advantage of getting the extras after upgrading...and then I'm lacking 1 blueprint to expand but my toolbox is full. I have enough to upgrade but I know as soon as I upgrade my pantry, Cid will come drop a blueprint which after a pantry upgrade, I'd become short on nails. So I'm back to deleting seeds which makes me want to toss this iPad out the window! HA

e_pam1
03-28-15, 07:31 AM
Glad to see my frustrations are already being voiced. If I don't get a plank from Cid today, I'm gone.

e_pam1
03-30-15, 09:45 AM
Glad to see my frustrations are already being voiced. If I don't get a plank from Cid today, I'm gone.

I got a plank the day I posted this...interesting umm. I haven't got another since. I have 22 nails, a hammer, and 9 blueprints so I have room for 2 more items. When this is filled up, it's over. A shame since this could be an enjoyable game.

cquinn32
03-30-15, 10:44 AM
Where are the hammers!!!?
This is really getting rediculous!! It's been weeks since I've seen a hammer dropped. It's just a given that in order to upgrade anything I have to buy hammers and I'm getting sick of it!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/cqsqaqwq/13317361-CAD0-4BF2-B6F7-129538C6E624.png_zpsofir3olp.jpeg
And it would also be nice to have something new introduced to the game that I can use these blueprints on.

bobbyrae
03-30-15, 10:56 AM
This is really getting rediculous!! It's been weeks since I've seen a hammer dropped. It's just a given that in order to upgrade anything I have to buy hammers and I'm getting sick of it!!
And it would also be nice to have something new introduced to the game that I can use these blueprints on.

My difficulty : those wood planks. -.- smh

441sogo
03-30-15, 12:11 PM

I can't seem to get my hands on hammers either! :mad: I've been lucky enough to get a couple in the last few weeks, but I can't do ANYTHING without a few more of them.

ariffraff
03-30-15, 05:02 PM
I have hammers like crazy I need blue prints. TL should really let us trade or sell parts.

Aud2007
03-30-15, 05:19 PM
I used to have to throw away hammers, but right now they're thin on the ground. It seems like parts come in cycles for me, though, if I'm just patient; I'll go days without seeing a certain part, then 4 or 5 will drop in a single day. I'm hoping for a hammer windfall soon!

kelvinj08
03-30-15, 05:50 PM
I've been playing a good while today on and off sometimes hr or more at a time and I've seen the construction guy 1x and the gardener 2x! SMH

kelvinj08
03-30-15, 05:51 PM
Servers are serving food to employees empty tables when no customers are present in place

bobbyrae
03-31-15, 08:38 AM
I have hammers like crazy I need blue prints. TL should really let us trade or sell parts.

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

jandtandn
03-31-15, 09:57 AM
I wish trading were an option. I'm up to my eyebrows in blueprints and planks when I need nails and shovels.

cquinn32
03-31-15, 12:29 PM
I wish trading were an option.

That's definitely not going to happen.

infinitelove19
05-09-15, 02:39 PM
I used to have to throw away hammers, but right now they're thin on the ground. It seems like parts come in cycles for me, though, if I'm just patient; I'll go days without seeing a certain part, then 4 or 5 will drop in a single day. I'm hoping for a hammer windfall soon!

Same here!! Due to lack of toolbox space, I needed to delete hammers to get enough nails, but now really wish I hadn't as EVERY single upgrade requires hammers. I have been at level 49 for many weeks now and if I upgraded every store/market and did expansion 16, I would need 54 hammers. I have 2 hammers. TWO!!! And there isn't a single upgrade which doesn't require them. I even used gems to buy enough hammers to upgrade my pantry, which is now maxed out again!!!

Dear TL/S8. Please increase the drop-rate of hammers at higher levels.
Also, please implement some ability to trade tools we don't need for tools we do. Even trading 3 nails for 1 hammer would help!!!

Moral of the story to other yet-to-become higher level players. Delete anything BUT hammers!! That is my advice to you.

rosewaterlily
05-09-15, 07:48 PM
Same here!! Due to lack of toolbox space, I needed to delete hammers to get enough nails, but now really wish I hadn't as EVERY single upgrade requires hammers. I have been at level 49 for many weeks now and if I upgraded every store/market and did expansion 16, I would need 54 hammers. I have 2 hammers. TWO!!! And there isn't a single upgrade which doesn't require them. I even used gems to buy enough hammers to upgrade my pantry, which is now maxed out again!!!

Dear TL/S8. Please increase the drop-rate of hammers at higher levels.
Also, please implement some ability to trade tools we don't need for tools we do. Even trading 3 nails for 1 hammer would help!!!

Moral of the story to other yet-to-become higher level players. Delete anything BUT hammers!! That is my advice to you.
Yup. Also hang on to shovels if you ever plan to expand your shops to six slots, they cost the most gems at 24 each (regretful past shovel deleter here). I have 3.5 million coins and I'd love to do the final upgrade on three of my shops but the lack of hammers and shovels is a serious problem. Luana has maybe dropped enough gems to buy one hammer so far in my game. I'm starting to waste my coins on the street market to work on mastering some of the more challenging dishes with mushrooms etc., since I can't upgrade my shops or do my expansion 15 using coins without about 30 more hammers.

gabstarx
05-10-15, 08:34 AM
This is were farm story 2 got it right being able to sell your unwanted stuff to neighbours that need or want it this would really help with the parts factor, for the past two weeks all I get from CID is NAILS which has become so frustrating finding myself not playing as much.
Maybe buying gems to help speed things up wouldn't be so bad if the price of gems weren't such a huge amount like seriously they actually think people will spend that much for a couple of gems your dreaming TL.

genevera
11-06-16, 05:59 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback - we'll take this into consideration!

I wanted to shed a little light on how this mechanic works right now. Cid the Construction Worker will show up as frequently as every 30 minutes. After a couple hours, he's much more likely to arrive very quickly. Hope this helps for now.

Thanks!

No help for me, he came at 8:04, then next visit was 8:52. I have been playing pretty much nonstop today and feel I have gotten nowhere with expanding the shops, and the size of my restaurant. Waste of time

BonnieBobbles
01-11-17, 08:27 AM
It is now 2017 and sadly it looks like nothing has changed since 2015 at least for the drop rate of hammers.. It has been 3 months since I last got a hammer when I used the last 4 I had for an expansion.. Same goes for shovels.. I have to keep deleting wood & nails to make room as I keep getting a full tool box of them as that is all Cid has dropped in the last 3 months.. Can I ask WHY is the drop rate so low for the other tools? To progress in the game you need to have an equal amount of tools for Cid to drop.. Can someone not do something about this as it is seriously spoiling the game.. Please can this be taken to developers.. Many thanks

chrissydid
01-11-17, 01:54 PM
Just fyi @Bonnie, several months ago I got stuck in a nails/lumber only cycle that lasted for prob 2 months. I actually broke down and during an event "sale" used gems to get a package with hammers and blueprints so I could expand. This last month they've been slightly more random--that is, i sometimes actually get hammers and blueprints, though I still rarely if ever get shovels.

BonnieBobbles
01-12-17, 12:41 AM
Just fyi @Bonnie, several months ago I got stuck in a nails/lumber only cycle that lasted for prob 2 months. I actually broke down and during an event "sale" used gems to get a package with hammers and blueprints so I could expand. This last month they've been slightly more random--that is, i sometimes actually get hammers and blueprints, though I still rarely if ever get shovels.

Sadly chrissydid I think that is why they are mean with the drops as want us to buy.. i am trying to save my gems for a second mixer so don't want to use gems to get tools.. think this problem is only when you get to a higher level as I never had this before and have never even deleted any hammers, shovels or blueprints.. nails and wood only.. just means I come to a standstill as can't expand nor can I upgrade pantry or items in my larder.. shame really.. see this thread was started in 2014 and nothing has changed..

comeseecomesah
01-12-17, 01:21 AM
All this is why I don't play anymore. Found I was getting stressful and angry rather than having fun.

dollydaydreams1
01-13-17, 01:16 PM
This is were farm story 2 got it right being able to sell your unwanted stuff to neighbours that need or want it this would really help with the parts factor, for the past two weeks all I get from CID is NAILS which has become so frustrating finding myself not playing as much.
Maybe buying gems to help speed things up wouldn't be so bad if the price of gems weren't such a huge amount like seriously they actually think people will spend that much for a couple of gems your dreaming TL.

I searched for an answer to this problem when I first started playing (about 18months ago). Someone commented that after deleting all or most of their nails/planks, Cid turned up with hammers! I was quite sceptical, but desperate to level up without gems so trashed my spares down to 10 per piece. Cid started dropping hammers!

I recently hit a hammer/spade dry spell with 2-3 months of nothing, so tried this method again yesterday. Cid has since dropped 2 spades and 3 hammers! It doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Good luck to anyone who is brave enough to try this! :)

Imbri83
12-22-17, 12:39 PM
*Sigh*

This thread is 3 years old and still far too relevant. I've been playing the game for 6 days and I'm already very frustrated with Cid. I got a quest to expand again and I've been waiting 4-5 days for the two darn planks. Now I have a SECOND quest (first one still isn't done) telling me to expand (not to mention quests for the garden and some other food supply thing that I can't unlock because I need two more expansions). I have 5 blueprints, 14 nails (not counting the 6 I spent last night) and ONE plank. That's not 1:5 and it's not just bad luck or "due to a small sample size" because there's countless posts in this - and other - threads here all complaining about a lack of planks.

The timers on everything (and the awkward way they fail to line up overall) irked me a bit at first, but I came to like this game anyway. However, this is a 3-year-old issue that would probably already have been addressed if they were ever going to do so. Worse yet, posts from high level players indicate that it only gets worse/more frustrating as you progress through the game... so I can't help feeling like I should just delete it now and find a different game to play.

I don't understand the complete failure to adjust this glaring flaw of poor parts distribution. You have to sit there and wait for a guy and then when he comes, you almost never get the part you actually need? Lame. Plenty of viable suggestions have been made here for how to improve the parts system, too. Storm8 folks have commented to let us know that the company is listening... but listening and actually caring are clearly two different things :mad:.