PDA

View Full Version : begginers

Xuihcoatl
11-30-14, 06:56 PM
I've noticed this game isn't exactly begginer friendly..

I have about 9 habitats, all full except one..and 7 farms or so.. and with the low amount of coins, super demanding food needs for growing/evolving and high cost for expanding/upgrading....I'm pretty much stuck in a loop of being too broke to get much farther.

I come and plant crops and I'm broke again... and the time for growing is pretty obscene...20 hour for pears that barely give me 1/5 that I need to feed one lvl 9 dragon?

PernReloaded
12-01-14, 12:22 PM
I've noticed this game isn't exactly begginer friendly..

I have about 9 habitats, all full except one..and 7 farms or so.. and with the low amount of coins, super demanding food needs for growing/evolving and high cost for expanding/upgrading....I'm pretty much stuck in a loop of being too broke to get much farther.

I come and plant crops and I'm broke again... and the time for growing is pretty obscene...20 hour for pears that barely give me 1/5 that I need to feed one lvl 9 dragon?

The big problem with crops is that they work on the law of diminishing returns - the more time you set them to grow, the fewer you have for your money. This is true for EVERY game like this, though. From the business end, part of the point is to get players to spend more time on their game.

When it comes to crops, one of the most time and money-effieicent ways to grow crops is to plant the ones that take less time to grow. Have a spare 15 minutes? Grow Buffbeets. In 15 minutes, with seven farms growing them you can end up with 1000 food. Sitting down with a movie or hour-long tv show? You'll hit 5,000 (or more!) food, more than farming crops for 20 hours. It will also cost a LOT less than what you pay for the 20-hour crops!

What I did in the beginning was evolve dragons to level seven or eight and then move on to a different dragon, since even with Buffbeets it takes time and a lot of crop-growing to max out a dragon. For common dragons, it wasn't worth the food costs or energy to evolve any higher since they have such low coin return.

I hope this gives you a good start!