my607
11-30-14, 09:08 AM
Hoping further sale reduction
Like toucan for 60
A person can dream

To good to be true

readysetgo888
11-30-14, 09:31 AM
I bet it's 30% off gems and I bet tons of people will buy them.

Now that I've seen them do 40% off, it will be a while before I'd buy more on a lesser sale.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's 40% off again.

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 09:56 AM
I bet it's 30% off gems and I bet tons of people will buy them.

Now that I've seen them do 40% off, it will be a while before I'd buy more on a lesser sale.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's 40% off again.

I'll be pissed if its 50% off and if the habitats will be on sale for less than 150

saucysammis
11-30-14, 10:31 AM
I'll be pissed if its 50% off and if the habitats will be on sale for less than 150

I wouldn't blame you! Your forest looks GRAND! I wish I'd had the ability to do the same.

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't blame you! Your forest looks GRAND! I wish I'd had the ability to do the same.

Thanks saucysammis

A2TUDE
11-30-14, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know is San Fransico 7hrs behind Sydney Australia?

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know is San Fransico 7hrs behind Sydney Australia?

I believe Sydney is 19 hours ahead of San Fran. For example at 12pm San Fran time it will be 7am (tomorrow) Sydney time. Hope my math's correct :p

A2TUDE
11-30-14, 12:58 PM
I believe Sydney is 19 hours ahead of San Fran. For example at 12pm San Fran time it will be 7am (tomorrow) Sydney time. Hope my math's correct :p

Thanks Hawksmoor :)

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 01:02 PM
Thanks Hawksmoor :)
You're welcome, I just took a pic, it's 12pm Cali time, 7am tomorrow in Sydney

Galadraal
11-30-14, 01:06 PM
I started a new game on my iPhone and missed getting the Toucan on sale. I got the hab but missed the bird. Does anyone know if it'll be on sale again?

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 01:38 PM
Did you guys in Australia get the cyber Monday deals?
If yes, can someone submit a picture of whats in store?

A2TUDE
11-30-14, 01:40 PM
Did you guys in Australia get the cyber Monday deals?
If yes, can someone submit a picture of whats in store?

Morning from Sydney no hun we usually get our sales on Tuesday since we're ahead of everyone but if it pops up before then I'll post :)

A2TUDE
11-30-14, 01:42 PM
You're welcome, I just took a pic, it's 12pm Cali time, 7am tomorrow in Sydney

Yap its 741am Monday here lol another week :) TY Hawksmoor

A2TUDE
11-30-14, 01:46 PM
God I hope this sales good I held of getting habitats hoping for big sale lets see :)

Personally I find the massive habitats make everything look squashed we'll see might still get one two

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 01:59 PM
I bought the grand gem grove for 150 gems even though I don't have a unicorn yet :-p Wishful thinking on my part?

Hawksmoor
11-30-14, 02:02 PM
Morning from Sydney no hun we usually get our sales on Tuesday since we're ahead of everyone but if it pops up before then I'll post :)

Good morning person from the future! LOL!

EviBrooklyn
11-30-14, 06:22 PM

Thanks A2tude

ArcadiaTofu
11-30-14, 09:09 PM
Sale is this:

20% off gems
1 Crystal Unicorn, 750,000 coins, 20,000 apples for $20

Not bad for non-unicorn users. Not bad at all.

cquinn32
11-30-14, 09:10 PM
deleted

readysetgo888
11-30-14, 09:18 PM
Ugh only 20%.... I was off by 10%. Definitely not buying any more... Might have if it was 40% again.

I guess the Unicorn for $20 makes sense compared to the other packages they've offered, but I still find $20 for a single pixel animal to be absurd. And yet I bet they make boat loads of money off this. At $20 a pop.

ArcadiaTofu
11-30-14, 09:20 PM
Looks like monday's sales are here nothing too exciting:
20% off on gems
And a unicorn package for 20$

I agree that they're not that exciting for users that are more experienced, but for non-unicorn players, this is probably a godsend to them. My mom, in particular, is over the moon right now because she is a new player and has been jealously waiting for her own unicorn and this sale cuts through the horrible odds most users have to face with when trying for the unicorn. So, yeah, I'm sure most users that can't breed a unicorn are likely dancing in the street at this moment :D

The fact they only took 20% off gem sales sucks the big one for everyone, though, and I was hoping it would be more off since it's almost X-mas and they made a big deal about Cyber Monday. So, yeah... not too stoked with that aspect of 'Cyber Monday' :(

dumbpluff
11-30-14, 10:40 PM
i don't know what's worse-- the fact that their amazing cyber monday kind of stinks, or the fact that they think that the 'default' price for the crystal unicorn package is worth $80.

ArcadiaTofu
11-30-14, 10:56 PM
i don't know what's worse-- the fact that their amazing cyber monday kind of stinks, or the fact that they think that the 'default' price for the crystal unicorn package is worth $80.

Um... because the real price for buying a Crystal Unicorn is kinda around $80, all told. Unicorn is 2,000 gems and normally the only way you'll get that amount is if you buy the 2,900 gem package which is $100. Or if you buy the $50 package at 1,400 gems and also the 530 gem package at $20 plus an extra $5 120 gem package. So, really, around $80 is about right with regular pricing ^^'

Now, if someone were to calculate it all with 20% off gem/sale pricing, that might be something to see... especially since they're including the 750,000 coin and 20,000 apples into the mix as well. With sale prices as they are, chances are around $80 for all of it might be right on the money. Either way, with sales or without, $80 JUST for the unicorn is about right...

dumbpluff
11-30-14, 11:02 PM
Um... because the real price for buying a Crystal Unicorn is kinda around $80, all told. Unicorn is 2,000 gems and normally the only way you'll get that amount is if you buy the 2,900 gem package which is $100. Or if you buy the $50 package at 1,400 gems and also the 530 gem package at $20 plus an extra $5 120 gem package. So, really, around $80 is about right with regular pricing ^^'

Now, if someone were to calculate it all with 20% off gem/sale pricing, that might be something to see... especially since they're including the 750,000 coin and 20,000 apples into the mix as well. With sale prices as they are, chances are around $80 for all of it might be right on the money. Either way, with sales or without, $80 JUST for the unicorn is about right...

which i understand, but their package deals are expensive in general just for the basic fact of 'you are paying this much for a pixel animal in a smartphone game.' i'm not saying that the value of the package is ridiculous or overpriced compared to the actual value-- just that the term of scale is insane to even start with.

people've said before that the packages are ridiculous. if i had the spare funds or was getting paid this week, maybe i'd be prone to buying this one, too. i mean-- i've never tried once for the unicorn and i'm not looking forward to doing so at all just because of the general pain and agitation everyone's reported. that's exactly why i avoided it in the first place, come to think of it. 8|a

either way, all this math is starting to hurt my head lmao. ~*numbers*~

sweetypies97
11-30-14, 11:15 PM
tempting! A crystal unicorn for $20 is pretty good. it will probably be $25-$30 for me though :(

orleansparish
11-30-14, 11:19 PM
I can't even buy gems since I'm in the states.

A2TUDE
12-01-14, 12:09 AM
Ok does anyone know if there's anything else coming I'm sorta not excited now ok gonna check my fs2 and Cs ..

orleansparish
12-01-14, 01:06 AM
Ok does anyone know if there's anything else coming I'm sorta not excited now ok gonna check my fs2 and Cs ..

Farm story 2 has nada. Which tanks. Considering what dragon is doing they could have blown it out of the water and given us the show pony for a discount.

Jennerwein1
12-01-14, 02:32 AM
Thinking about buying the unicorn. At the rate they are releasing animals, I will never catch up, so no time to go through the reported agony of breeding a uni. And the uni-hybrids are not going to be a cakewalk either. Was hoping they would raise the max level, but maybe for Christmas, hint, hint.

my607
12-01-14, 05:23 AM
I wished it was 40% off the gems. I don't really need all those coins though not necessary for me since I have so much already. I'm thinking to buy the unicorn package it's an early Christmas gift to myself.

sanya87
12-01-14, 05:46 AM
I am a bit dissapointed with these sales, I was hoping for more animals and stuff but in the end nothing was so interesting except grand habitats. Toucan and unicorn on sale were a good deal for some I guess but since I have them didn't have any interest in those offers. Oh well, better luck next time...

Jennerwein1
12-01-14, 05:54 AM
The little sale pop up up on the right says 15 hrs, but once I click on it it says 1 d 15 hrs. Hmm. I caved and got it. Would probably cost almost as much to gem through to breed it. And I got way behind breeding Frankie and the turkey (I only use a very few gems to accelerate on occasion) would be nice if one of the mods could clarify the actual sale time, please. So this does not turn out like the Toucan pretend sale.

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 06:07 AM
The little sale pop up up on the right says 15 hrs, but once I click on it it says 1 d 15 hrs. Hmm. I caved and got it. Would probably cost almost as much to gem through to breed it. And I got way behind breeding Frankie and the turkey (I only use a very few gems to accelerate on occasion) would be nice if one of the mods could clarify the actual sale time, please. So this does not turn out like the Toucan pretend sale.

Congrats. I was thinking the same, it will take more gems to speed the breeding than buying this package.
I have 2 unicorns and I'm debating if I should get a third. Haven't decided yet !!

sand
12-01-14, 06:17 AM
There's no pleasing some people. The Black Friday sales were very good (except for the premature yanking of the Toucan). The Cyber Monday deals are fair also. It's really all about the opportunity to own a Unicorn. This animal is pivotal. It's the gateway to all Gem hybrids - earning power, battleground power, easier shot at tournament prize animals. They're not going to offer this animal for a discounted gem price while also offering a gem sale. It's the Crystal Unicorn! -- not Unicornicopia or Treasure Toucan.

I think it's nice that they've continued the discounts on the grand habitats along with a smaller gem sale. As Brooklyn noted, it would have been foul if today's sale trumped Black Friday and essentially punished players who took advantage of the holiday deals. Besides, they need to save some goodies for Christmas, no?

Jennerwein1
12-01-14, 06:26 AM
Agree with sand. I think the sales were great. Thrilled to have a Unicorn with minimal pain (except to wallet, but I think is worth it). And Christmas is only 23 (24, depends) days away.

charmeyone
12-01-14, 06:50 AM
Did you guys see the crystal unicorn deal!?!

Hawksmoor
12-01-14, 06:55 AM
I was quite surprised when I logged in this morning and saw the unicorn as part of the value pack. I've been playing this game since around the middle of August and the unicorn has eluded me. With so many more animals now, the "magic" combo seems more and more elusive. I'll be purchasing the value pack, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm only missing around 3 or 4 "regular" animals from my album and I've been very lucky to get the others naturally through regular breeding (with the exception of the toucan) including all of the limiteds. For me, the unicorn allows me to try for 3 more animals that I would have no chance of getting, and allows me to continue enjoying the game. Some may call this a money grab by TL but if you don't want to purchase anything you don't have to ;-) Hey, in a couple of years I may look back and kick myself for spending real money on a silly game, but at this moment, I WANT THAT UNICORN! Lol :p

Lisa0107
12-01-14, 07:19 AM
I was quite surprised when I logged in this morning and saw the unicorn as part of the value pack. I've been playing this game since around the middle of August and the unicorn has eluded me. With so many more animals now, the "magic" combo seems more and more elusive. I'll be purchasing the value pack, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm only missing around 3 or 4 "regular" animals from my album and I've been very lucky to get the others naturally through regular breeding (with the exception of the toucan) including all of the limiteds. For me, the unicorn allows me to try for 3 more animals that I would have no chance of getting, and allows me to continue enjoying the game. Some may call this a money grab by TL but if you don't want to purchase anything you don't have to ;-) Hey, in a couple of years I may look back and kick myself for spending real money on a silly game, but at this moment, I WANT THAT UNICORN! Lol :p

I'm with you Hawksmoor...I want that Unicorn....have to wait for my nest to clear out a 9 hour planther fail and then I'm getting it! My breeding luck is so/so, my odds of getting a unicorn through breeding are probably slim and none. So I'm going for it!

FigmentValley
12-01-14, 07:56 AM

My sale, also says 13 hours (now) on the one timer and 1 day and 13 hours on another. This is the Toucan debacle all over again. I am no longer angry at myself over that. I am, however, extremely disappointed in TL for that mess. The unicorn is shaping up to be the same.....

azucita
12-01-14, 08:07 AM

hear hear..... i dont tend to spend a loooot of money in this or any other game, but little bits of money here and there, and i also consider this a good deal. if only they were doing the diamond dragon on DS i'd be over the moon :P im half over the moon as it is :P

azucita
12-01-14, 08:07 AM
I'm with you Hawksmoor...I want that Unicorn....have to wait for my nest to clear out a 9 hour planther fail and then I'm getting it! My breeding luck is so/so, my odds of getting a unicorn through breeding are probably slim and none. So I'm going for it!

my unicorn went into storage lisa..... no need to have the free nest.

Hawksmoor
12-01-14, 08:13 AM
my unicorn went into storage lisa..... no need to have the free nest.

Yes, that's right, mine too. My nest was free however so I popped it in right away :-p

FigmentValley
12-01-14, 08:17 AM
When you buy an "offer" -at the right side of the screen, the animal goes into storage.
When you win an animal in a tournament, the animal goes into storage.
When you win an animal in "Spin the Wheel (DS so far), the animal goes into storage.
When you battle in the battlegrounds and win an animal, the animal goes into storage.

When you BUY an animal from the shop, the egg must go directly to an empty nest.

Lisa0107
12-01-14, 08:20 AM
Yes, that's right, mine too. My nest was free however so I popped it in right away :-p

well great! I'm going to get it right now then ! I'm excited!!! Now I can start trying for the dragon, the razorback and the new electric/gem hybrid. Fun!

Hawksmoor
12-01-14, 08:39 AM
When you buy an "offer" -at the right side of the screen, the animal goes into storage.
When you win an animal in a tournament, the animal goes into storage.
When you win an animal in "Spin the Wheel (DS so far), the animal goes into storage.
When you battle in the battlegrounds and win an animal, the animal goes into storage.

When you BUY an animal from the shop, the egg must go directly to an empty nest.

Thanks Figment

Galadraal
12-01-14, 09:32 AM
I too was upset I missed the Toucan; I just recently put this game and castle story on my iPhone and bought the Toucan nest but missed out on the Bird so I was hoping it'd be on sale again. It does make sense that the sales are different from Friday to Monday and I am glad the Friday sale was better. I spent a boatload getting the deep discounted habitats and did buy the Gem habitat on my iPhone game for the 150 gems hoping for a Crystal Unicorn down the road and was grateful to see the animal on sale so I bought it without having to even think twice :-) I know how long and hard I worked to get it on my main game so I wanted to avoid the hassle and like someone else said, I'm certain I'd spend more gems/ money speeding up fails to get it so I'm happy about this.

Not so happy about the lower discount on gems but they have never ever had gems on sale in this game unlike the other TL games so I was very grateful for ANY discount.

Vodelle
12-01-14, 09:53 AM
So I only started playing a week or two ago and decided to buy the unicorn given how hard it seems to breed. $20 is a lot of money but I've played games that are way more shameless about how much they charge you for stuff. (I'll personally probably regret it though because I tend to be ADD and jump around to different games a lot, and so far there's only one other 'island'-type game I've stuck with for longer than like, a month. Maybe this commitment will help me stick to the game, though.)

The 20% sale is pretty laughable, though, maybe because I play at least two other games that semi-regularly have up to 50% bonuses when buying their premium currency.

FFS feels backwater in a lot of ways, but I like the art, and that's like 95% of what differentiates like half these games anyway, haha.

saucysammis
12-01-14, 10:00 AM
I DO want the unicorn.....I DO want the unicorn......I DO want the Unicorn. What are the chances that new limited gem animals are on the way?

Lisa0107
12-01-14, 10:16 AM
well great! I'm going to get it right now then ! I'm excited!!! Now I can start trying for the dragon, the razorback and the new electric/gem hybrid. Fun!

OK He's in my storage. Now I need a habitat..but first I have to clear some land...LOL this is like a domino effect. I spent all my apples on the Unicornocopia trying to get him to a 15(I got him to a 13) but that's OK since I have at least a 45 hour wait....still waiting on planther fail to clear out first...so the Unicorn cant' go on my next for about 5 more hours....Good thing I'm off work today to manage all this! ;)

AuntyRose32
12-01-14, 10:20 AM
I was happy to see the Crystal Unicorn in the value pack today. The price is pretty decent I think, so I bought it. I've been playing this game from day one and have had no luck getting it so I couldn't let this offer pass. I have never been able to breed the Diamond dragon in DS and I've also played that game from day one, so I didn't want to be stuck in the same boat in FS, if they released the same deal in DS for the Diamond dragon I'd be buying that too. Will I regret buying her, I don't think so, she's just so pretty. I'm happy :)

AuntyRose32
12-01-14, 10:26 AM
Good thing I'm off work today to manage all this! ;)

Made me laugh out load for real, this is how I feel on days off too!

Congrats on your Crystal Unicorn.....enjoy.

cquinn32
12-01-14, 10:36 AM
Glad to see so many are excited about getting a unicorn!! But the 20% sale on gems is kinda lame!! I used to get a 30% off sale on gold in DS every other day it seemed. I bet they made more money on Black Friday (I bought 30$ worth) than they have during the entire life of this game. If we'd have gotten another 40% sale I would have bought more!! Ok enough whining lol enjoy your unicorns everyone!!!

readysetgo888
12-01-14, 11:24 AM
I just feel bad for those who do not have the unicorn and don't have $20 to spend on this game... the chances of the breeding the unicorn shouldn't be so difficult in a game advertised as "free to play" that people feel pressured into spending a lot of money on it. $20 is a lot as far as I'm concerned, especially as it's only one animal. The issue I have is that the odds are deliberately insanely low to make sales like this work. I have a hard time wanting to reward that by spending money on it.

Would be much more disappointed if I was one of those who didn't have the unicorn, but thankfully I do. I hope the odds of breeding it get a little better after this sale is over.

sand
12-01-14, 12:06 PM
1. You already had multiple Unicorns and eventually run so low on space that you have to sell a couple of them.

2. You needed the money to buy your train tickets to work this week, so you stayed home and got fired.

3. You were saving that stash to buy your little princess her first teddy bear and now Santa can't fit down the chimney.

4. In spite of your usual horrible luck in trying to breed the Unicorn, you put four elements in the Garden out of sheer habit and got a 45-hour timer not long after buying the value pack.

5. You were so accustomed to selling fail breeds that as soon as your unbred Unicorn was ready to hatch, you hastily tapped the red SELL button, then the blue SELL button, just before you came to your senses and screamed "Nooooooooooo!"

6. Your unbred Unicorn came with an unwillingness to bond with any other element and all she ever does is mirror the element/s of her various non-Gem partners. Paranoid, you begin to wonder if she is sterile. (She's not; it's just your crappy luck returning with a vengeance.)

7. Your unbred Unicorn turns out to be a total wuss in battle. In spite of her excellent odds, she suffers horribly humiliating losses to every Plantlers, Hedgehog, Harvest-Hedgehog, Bamboon and Pumpkin-Panda that crosses her path. Even Pandaffodils and Rock-Rhinos beat her up!

8. You decide that Unicornicopia is much more gorgeous, and wish you had spent $40 instead to buy the slightly discounted 1400-gem package so you could get THAT horned beauty for 1000 gems even though you balked when they offered her for 200 gems on her glorious debut.

9. Your spouse or significant other also plays FFS and has been trying for months without success to breed a Crystal Unicorn; but you only bought the value pack for yourself.

10. You would normally have splurged on fast food and chocolates with that $20; now your fat friends are jealous of your slim figure and the only comfort in your loneliness is a fancy prancy recolored Pony.

So yeah, if none of the above reasons apply to you, you're good to go with this deal. Shop on!

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 12:42 PM
OK He's in my storage. Now I need a habitat..but first I have to clear some land...LOL this is like a domino effect. I spent all my apples on the Unicornocopia trying to get him to a 15(I got him to a 13) but that's OK since I have at least a 45 hour wait....still waiting on planther fail to clear out first...so the Unicorn cant' go on my next for about 5 more hours....Good thing I'm off work today to manage all this! ;)

Yes but the unicorn package gives you 750,000 gold (enough to buy the habitat) and 10,000 apples(enough to feed that cutie to level 10).. ��

sand
12-01-14, 12:49 PM
Yes but the unicorn package gives you 750,000 gold (enough to buy the habitat) and 10,000 apples(enough to feed that cutie to level 10).. ��

Make that 20,000 apples! "Yum nyum nyum scrum scrum!" Unicorn is one helluva noisy eater if I remember correctly.

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 12:58 PM
Right 20,000 apples. The unicorn deal is a sweet "everything you need" package !!

Vodelle
12-01-14, 01:03 PM
Indeed. I bought it and I was on the way to building my first dark habitat. 750k treasure later and I have a new gem habitat, two dark, and an upgraded water, because why not.

Those incubation/evolution times though, yikes. I sped up the breeding because I'm impatient but now it's 36h for my unicorn to evolve past level 3. :p

saucysammis
12-01-14, 01:04 PM
10 Reasons to Regret Spending $20 for the Crystal Unicorn Value Pack

1. You already had multiple Unicorns and eventually run so low on space that you have to sell a couple of them.

2. You needed the money to buy your train tickets to work this week, so you stayed home and got fired.

3. You were saving that stash to buy your little princess her first teddy bear and now Santa can't fit down the chimney.

4. In spite of your usual horrible luck in trying to breed the Unicorn, you put four elements in the Garden out of sheer habit and got a 45-hour timer not long after buying the value pack.

5. You were so accustomed to selling fail breeds that as soon as your unbred Unicorn was ready to hatch, you hastily tapped the red SELL button, then the blue SELL button, just before you came to your senses and screamed "Nooooooooooo!"

6. Your unbred Unicorn came with an unwillingness to bond with any other element and all she ever does is mirror the element/s of her various non-Gem partners. Paranoid, you begin to wonder if she is sterile. (She's not; it's just your crappy luck returning with a vengeance.)

7. Your unbred Unicorn turns out to be a total wuss in battle. In spite of her excellent odds, she suffers horribly humiliating losses to every Plantlers, Hedgehog, Harvest-Hedgehog, Bamboon and Pumpkin-Panda that crosses her path. Even Pandaffodils and Rock-Rhinos beat her up!

8. You decide that Unicornicopia is much more gorgeous, and wish you had spent $40 instead to buy the slightly discounted 1400-gem package so you could get THAT horned beauty for 1000 gems even though you balked when they offered her for 200 gems on her glorious debut.

9. Your spouse or significant other also plays FFS and has been trying for months without success to breed a Crystal Unicorn; but you only bought the value pack for yourself.

10. You would normally have splurged on fast food and chocolates with that $20; now your fat friends are jealous of your slim figure and the only comfort in your loneliness is a fancy prancy recolored Pony.

So yeah, if none of the above reasons apply to you, you're good to go with this deal. Shop on!

But I DO want the unicorn. I DO want the unicorn. I DO want the unicorn.

Almost all of the above reasons apply to me! At least, I'm sure they will!

Today is my daughters birthday. In 2.5 weeks my son has a birthday.

I DO want the unicorn. (Repeated in the voice of the cowardly lion)

readysetgo888
12-01-14, 01:04 PM

Love it lol.

Hawksmoor
12-01-14, 03:02 PM

Omg now that I bought it, this is my worst nightmare!! Lol!

Petasos
12-01-14, 03:34 PM
I am happy for everyone because it is so difficult to get. I am sure TL will get tons of money from this. I must admit that I wish they had not done this. This now makes the elusive unicorn a common animal in pretty much every forrest. That is the one thing about the Diamond Dragon in DS, it is something that must worked for and cannot be obtained by other means, well you can buy it for a lot of money. I know it is easy for me to say given that I got one a while ago. And I also know I would have been the first to buy this one now if I did not already have one. Heck, I might even buy another one just because. But there is a side of me that thinks that this sale "demystifies" the Crystal Unicorn. For that reason I wish they did not do it. But I know why they did and, am happy for everyone that they are finally getting a gem creature.

readysetgo888
12-01-14, 03:52 PM
I must admit that I wish they had not done this. This now makes the elusive unicorn a common animal in pretty much every forrest.

You're right... this is one of several reasons why I dislike this deal. Now only people who have not had success breeding it AND who may not be able to afford $20 for a single animal will not have it.

Now almost every forest will have one and it will no longer be "special". Most had to wait through loads of breeding attempts to get it, and now many others have been able to circumvent that by simply paying for it. Even if I didn't already have a unicorn I wouldn't have wanted to buy this deal. Even leaving aside the absurdity of $20 for a single virtual animal in an Iphone game, it would feel like *****ing to me. I very much dislike that the game was in all likelihood set up to keep the odds of the unicorn ridiculously low just to make sales like this work.

But hey I can only imagine they've made $1000s of dollars today.... it certainly does work.

Petasos
12-01-14, 04:19 PM
It is very likely the same reason why we see the games first gem sale on Black Friday. Everyone was primed for a sale and begging for it. With a barrage of animals followed by back to back to back limited animals, they are making bank for sure. Nothing is sacred...

EviBrooklyn
12-01-14, 04:24 PM
I am happy for everyone because it is so difficult to get. I am sure TL will get tons of money from this. I must admit that I wish they had not done this. This now makes the elusive unicorn a common animal in pretty much every forrest. That is the one thing about the Diamond Dragon in DS, it is something that must worked for and cannot be obtained by other means, well you can buy it for a lot of money. I know it is easy for me to say given that I got one a while ago. And I also know I would have been the first to buy this one now if I did not already have one. Heck, I might even buy another one just because. But there is a side of me that thinks that this sale "demystifies" the Crystal Unicorn. For that reason I wish they did not do it. But I know why they did and, am happy for everyone that they are finally getting a gem creature.

Hmm, maybe will get a new element that might be very difficult to get, and that's why they are giving a chance to everyone with this unicorn deal

zenobia42
12-01-14, 09:21 PM
If I had not managed to breed a unicorn a month or so ago afterr months of trying, I would buy this package.

So far, I have not bought a single package in this game. Because while I am missing 11 animals and falling further behind, they never have a package with an animal I am missing. If this were an emerald and a bunch of runes were in the package, I'd consider buying it.

ITA with those who have said there is a difference between earning an animal and buying one. Both are equally valid ways to play the game - putting in a lot of time and effort to get what you want and finding that rewarding, or paying for your entertainment. And then there are those who don't have to do either - who are just very lucky. I am somewhere in the middle (of the first 2 - not one of those who get to just coast a wave of luck). I enjoy the reward of breeding more than I enjoy buying, but I am also of the philosophy that a company who puts out a good product should be paid for it. I spend money occasionally. I also agree that I wish this company had even a base level of customer support. Their response to any issue with lost gems boils down to "Eff off and who do you think you are, paying customer, to expect a shred of humanity from us?" If they treated us with respect, I would spend significantly more, and feel better about spending.

Anyway, hope those who wanted to buy their unicorn for this relatively very low price got it in time and enjoy it. :)

Vodelle
12-01-14, 09:31 PM
As someone who bought the deal --

Normally when I play f2p games, I try to choose the ones that aren't super cash-grabby and can be played with minimal (or no) money spent. But at the end of the day, developers make f2p apps (with premium currency) so they can get paid. Even if I'm not the one spending cash in a game, someone else is, and by that virtue, they are supporting the game and allowing everyone else to play it for 'free.' I have seen these arguments pop up over and over in all these f2p games (someone always gets salty at the people spending money) and the way I see it is, if that's your discretionary spending, go for it.

Does it take away the 'excitement' for me to have a unicorn right off the bat? (I just started playing a couple weeks ago.) You might think so, but I don't. The thing I like about these kinds of games is breeding new combinations and being able to expand etc. I hate being squeezed for gold/food/space as often happens in these games. Buying a unicorn allows me to focus on breeding other things and on being able to expand faster than I might have otherwise. That's where I get my enjoyment of the game. Given that I've seen multiple people post about going for months before getting their first unicorn, I just saved myself a bunch of potential frustration. Did I just fall into the 'pay us to alleviate annoying game mechanics' f2p trap? Yes, but I'm fine with that. *shrug*

kooky panda
12-02-14, 12:07 PM
Please note that the recent off topic posts have been removed. Lets keep the thread on the topic of the Cyber deal.

Thanks!

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 12:09 PM
Please note that the recent off topic posts have been removed. Lets keep the thread on the topic of the Cyber deal.

Thanks!

Sigh. These posts weren't off topic. At least be honest and say that all the non-pro TL posts and non-pro spending money posts were removed and that it has nothing to do with whether they were about Cyber Monday.

Vodelle
12-02-14, 12:51 PM
No kidding. Shame my last post was removed because all I was doing was pointing out that probability can be a *****. ;)

As a new forum user here -- can we get the stickies trimmed? It's no longer black friday and the cold turkey is no longer around. In fact I'd just keep it to the latest two animals released or something to be less of a navigational/eyesore.

zenobia42
12-02-14, 03:19 PM
Sigh. These posts weren't off topic. At least be honest and say that all the non-pro TL posts and non-pro spending money posts were removed and that it has nothing to do with whether they were about Cyber Monday.

Hear, hear!

Jennerwein1
12-02-14, 03:21 PM
Odd definition of "off topic". I thought the whole discussion was about buying or not buying the Unicorn. Maybe my English is not what it used to be?

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 04:16 PM
Odd definition of "off topic". I thought the whole discussion was about buying or not buying the Unicorn. Maybe my English is not what it used to be?

Oh yeah. First they censor posts here to remove anything that 1) discusses awful odds 2) discusses their awful customer service 3) advocates playing the game with spending your life savings... and then they have the nerve to add insult to injury by giving a completely bogus reason why the posts were removed.

Love the cute animals in this game but the company is awful.

Jennerwein1
12-02-14, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah. First they censor posts here to remove anything that 1) discusses awful odds 2) discusses their awful customer service 3) advocates playing the game with spending your life savings... and then they have the nerve to add insult to injury by giving a completely bogus reason why the posts were removed.

We must have hit a nerve! Truth hurts, does it not. So, I did buy the Unicorn during Cybermonday. 23 hrs more to go. Hopefully I can use it during the new tournament. If this is not "on topic" what is?

cocauina
12-02-14, 04:56 PM

At least I was lucky enough to read all the coments/posts, dispite the fact that I didn't say anything, everything that was said here that is now longer in the thread, I don't add and don't remove any word, everything was said by different players.

EviBrooklyn
12-02-14, 05:08 PM

And your post is marked for deletion LMAO

EviBrooklyn
12-02-14, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure which posts were deleted and why but I'll try to stay on topic,

Dear Team Lava,

It will take you a second to check my account and realize that I'm a heavy spender.
Your Black Friday and cyber Monday deals were awesome and I'm sure I have pleased your AR department way more than they might have expect it.
With that said, kindly increase my odds of breeding new animals because the last 4 ones has cost me way way more than buying them. The thing is that you'll never be able to rip me off, so if I'm nice enough to contribute towards your corp revenues, be nice back by making the game slightly more pleasant for me. Otherwise, if I see the same pattern in the coming month, I will gladly spend the gems I have but I won't buy any of your packages again, on sale or not. That will be my retaliation against the awfully low odds of breeding.
I doubt that you'll want to lose my account.

Sincerely,
Brooklyn

P.s. Kooky, I'm totally in subject so DO NOT delete this post :)