PDA

View Full Version : Multi-battle mini bosses

rhiv
11-29-14, 07:20 PM
I've been doing a lot of complaining lately after a long while of being a happy, but silent, customer/gamer. So I figured to balance out all of the complaints I've made (via email, not in the forums -- for some reason the game has been very buggy with me recently and it's been pretty annoying), I should give some positive feedback about recent developments.

I really really like the multi-battle mini-bosses in the battlegrounds, and I am thinking I would even prefer for all final bosses to be this way too. That is, they are harder to beat, and practically impossible in one go, but the damage after each battle is logged and you whittle them down battle by battle. It would be great in the tournaments, especially if that replaced some of the mini-battles (for example, instead of having 30 battles, 29 leading up to the boss, maybe 20 or even 15, but the final boss is tougher, and takes a couple or more battles to beat).

I feel like this is a better way to deal with the strengths/weaknesses in battle since they don't seem to count for much other than increasing your chances of getting a critical hit. It's more satisfying to the players (maybe I should be speaking for myself? Anyone else agree?) to be able to at least keep the damage dealt to whatever animal they're battling even if that animal gets harder to beat rather than just trying again and again until you get a critical hit.

Other games don't necessarily take this approach, but in other monster/pet games that include battling, usually you can switch monsters during battle, or you have different kinds of moves you can use. That way, there is an element of strategy in addition to chance. Since FFS is entirely chance based (despite the strengths/weaknesses thing), it gets a little boring/repetitive and even a little frustrating sometimes, especially when you know your animal is stronger element wise but you still keep losing.

Does anyone else agree? How do other people feel about the battlegrounds/tournaments?