PDA

View Full Version : Cutest/Ugliest animals

Lisa0107
11-29-14, 02:43 PM
Hi Everyone. I know which ones are my favorites and least favorites but I'm curious about what everyone else likes. What are you favorite/cutest animal and which one do you think is the ugliest?

My favorite is the Unicornicopia. She is just beautiful and I can't wait to get her to a level 15.
My least favorite is the hedgehog. I'm sorry but this thing is just dreadful to look at. A hedgehog is supposed to be , furry, cute and walk with legs...this thing looks nothing like a hedgehog and I don't really like the flyers anyway.

Lisa0107
11-29-14, 02:46 PM
forgot...an honorable mention for cutest for me is the Ocean Owl. I have loved him since day one. Liked him so much I bought him with gems, could not stand not having him!

sweetypies97
11-29-14, 02:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the unicornicopia at all but it isn't my least favourite. I think the racmoon is the ugliest, th poor thing. Ruby razorback is pretty bad too. Poor steam trunk got a bit of a whack with the ugly stick too.

I think the Plantlers is beautiful but after getting about a billion of them as fails over the past few weeks my love is wearing thin. Peamoth, sea drake, aurora Pegasus, and of course the emerald dragon and crystal unicorn are all very attractive.

readysetgo888
11-29-14, 03:09 PM
I've been wanting to start a thread like this...

Without factoring in rarity or whether I have them, I think the Aurora Pegasus and Sea Horse are beautiful, and I've always liked Fairy Ferret, Skyger, both Rockodile and Chromadile, Vinotaur, Peamoth, Sea Drake, and Zapra (gorgeous). I guess I really like the horse animals best haha. I like Unicorn and Unicornicopia a lot too. And Emerald Dragon.

I've always thought the Grassquatch was kind of ugly at level 10 though cute at level 9. That's why I waited almost 2 months to evolve him to 10... I only did it to have him for tournaments. I thought the same about the Ancient Sloth and it was hurting me not having the level 10 Nature-Earth super for battles lol. Most animals get less cute at 10 though.

I agree, not a fan of the flying Hedgehog although the new one is adorable. Not a huge fan of most of the flying bird clones, at least not compared to some of the other animals. Oh and the Shock Fox. That thing is ugly. Wish it was the super rare, I'd never have bothered trying for it.

Oh and every single one of the Halloween animals was adorable! Vampire Cat! Love it!

intrinsicallyknotted
11-29-14, 09:38 PM
There are a few animals I fell in love with as soon as I saw their pictures--Unicornucopia, Bansheep, Spruce Moose. I love the Yak-O-Lantern, and I was so nervous the last day of the Halloween event that we wouldn't make it. Same with the Arboar tournament--that was the first tournament I even considered using gems to guarantee a win, because I wanted it so badly. I love all the horsey critters, especially Zapra, and I love that all the big cats are distinctive.

Absolute cutest, though, has to be Fallaby. Like others, I wasn't all that impressed with it at first (though I like the fall colors), but then I spotted a level 10 Fallaby in a neighbor's forest and realized it had a joey in its pouch! Adorable!

I really like Steam Trunk (though I wouldn't call it cute or beautiful). I think it's a really clever idea and the art for it is great. I love that there's a reason for the unique water-fire hybrid. I wouldn't want a whole bunch of mechanical animals, but as it is the Steam Trunk is a unique and very distinctive addition to my forest.

Least favorite? I'm not a fan of Grassquatch, Thorilla, or Rockodile, and I'm not too pleased with Pumpkin Panda either. It seems to gimmicky to me. With the Halloween animals I was impressed with how well they made them seem like legitimate creatures that just happen to be spooky. Even Frankenswine works for me. With most of the fall animals, I have the same feeling, but Pumpkin Panda just seems too silly to me.

That said, there's no animal so ugly or weird I wouldn't want one in my forest!

BunnieMix
11-30-14, 09:10 AM
I'm gonna go against the grain here. I really don't like the harvest hedgehog at level 10. I think he just looks... Bad. I dunno, I think the body is far too... Round and the legs are too thick. There are lots of nitpicky things that I can't look at some animals and not see. Like the Hippogryph's neck/body proportions are really odd to me which makes it look weird... Or maybe it's that the front legs look bigger than the back legs...

I think my least favorite though are the bird types. The falcons and the peacocks and the whatever elses. They seem so much smaller than the other ones.

The ones I really like though, I really love the Pegasus and the Nightmare, the Vinotaur and Ancient Sloth, Sea Drake and Emerald Dragon (I can't wait to get one of these guys), and of course the Crystal Unicorn. I'm looking forward to the unicorn too.

That said, I like them all enough to want to have at least one in my forest.

MelodicStars
11-30-14, 01:14 PM
I really like the feline and horse (including flying ones) animals the best. However, the bird clones don't really stick to me cause of how RIDICULOUSLY small the head is compared to the body. Plus there's so many of them. I also kind of like the elephants as well.

Tokitae
12-01-14, 06:25 AM
Prettiest: all the horses.
Ugliest: that jack O lantern thing. I don't think he'll leave my storage anytime soon

Lisa0107
12-01-14, 08:21 AM
Prettiest: all the horses.
Ugliest: that jack O lantern thing. I don't think he'll leave my storage anytime soon

LOL Tokitae he is a bit on the unattractive side...but for Halloween he's awesome! Mine is a level 10 so he's grown up now.

zenobia42
12-02-14, 10:28 AM
I think my very favorite is the epic firefox. My least favorite was the epic firefox before they changed the artwork lol. ALL animals that are warm colors but ice blue added to them for the epic artwork I find so ugly I really can't stand to look at them and refuse to level them to epic.

I also love the epic conducktor and skeletal dragon. And the toucan &emerald dragon (all stages). The zapra wins the prize for being beautiful / cute in EVERY stage except epic. I have a level 3, 9, and 10 in my park for that reason. I think baby & adolescent harvest hedgehog and armordillo are the cutest. I am keeping both mine as juveniles. Baby grassquatch is freaking adorable - especially the way he does a face-plant trying to reach the apples when you feed him. My steamtrunk was SO cute as a baby I only leveled him to get a couple ruby razorbacks when they gave us that opportunity for 24 hours (to anyone who thought that was a mistake and those who could do it were exploiting that mistake, they proved a couple weeks ago that if anything is truly a mistake, they correct it in 20 minutes, not 24 hours; so it was clearly intentional)... and wish I could make him a baby again or get another. But alas.

The non-baby daredevil is really fugly IMO.

I know some people love all the flying creatures, and I would love it if like 15-255 of the creatures flew, but I can't stand that there are so, so many fliers. Because they obscure ALL the other animals around them - in their habitat, in the one above it, the one above & right of it and the one above & left of it. They take up WAY too much room and make everything around difficult to see. THAT is my biggest dislike in terms of animal aesthetics. Well, that is my second biggest dislike, really. The cyan / blue epic coloring on warm-colored animals are HIDEOUS. They fixed a few of them and I really wish they'd fix the rest. Make them silver and gold like the beautiful epic firefox.

readysetgo888
12-02-14, 11:00 AM
I think my very favorite is the epic firefox. My least favorite was the epic firefox before they changed the artwork lol. ALL animals that are warm colors but ice blue added to them for the epic artwork I find so ugly I really can't stand to look at them and refuse to level them to epic.

I also love the epic conducktor and skeletal dragon. And the toucan &emerald dragon (all stages). The zapra wins the prize for being beautiful / cute in EVERY stage except epic. I have a level 3, 9, and 10 in my park for that reason. I think baby & adolescent harvest hedgehog and armordillo are the cutest. I am keeping both mine as juveniles. Baby grassquatch is freaking adorable - especially the way he does a face-plant trying to reach the apples when you feed him. My steamtrunk was SO cute as a baby I only leveled him to get a couple ruby razorbacks when they gave us that opportunity for 24 hours (to anyone who thought that was a mistake and those who could do it were exploiting that mistake, they proved a couple weeks ago that if anything is truly a mistake, they correct it in 20 minutes, not 24 hours; so it was clearly intentional)... and wish I could make him a baby again or get another. But alas.

The non-baby daredevil is really fugly IMO.

I know some people love all the flying creatures, and I would love it if like 15-255 of the creatures flew, but I can't stand that there are so, so many fliers. Because they obscure ALL the other animals around them - in their habitat, in the one above it, the one above & right of it and the one above & left of it. They take up WAY too much room and make everything around difficult to see. THAT is my biggest dislike in terms of animal aesthetics. Well, that is my second biggest dislike, really. The cyan / blue epic coloring on warm-colored animals are HIDEOUS. They fixed a few of them and I really wish they'd fix the rest. Make them silver and gold like the beautiful epic firefox.

I totally agree with you... Glad I'm not the only person who won't do epic because the art is so ugly. I actually kind of find almost all of them ugly except for when you are seeing them up close... which I'm not usually. But the hideous blue splotches on animals that aren't blue is definitely the worst. The lone animal I have at level 15 in my forest is the Panda. And I only did him to get the level 15 animal goal a loooong time ago. Thankfully he's one of the few that doesn't look much different and uglier. If I'd picked the Rock Rhino I'd have had to sell it by now, it's got to be the ugliest ever. Oh and the pink Frostfang? Ew. Oh well I save fruit and evolving time this way. So far it hasn't cost me any tournament wins either. I really wish the epic art was just SUBTLY enhanced. Like the Vinotaur... it's not the ugly blue but it still looks weird, like it was dipped in gold and it dripped off in weird ways lol. Just a little bit of gold would have gone a long way.

I read someone's idea a while ago about having one animal at each stage, baby, juvenile, and adult, and I'm totally doing this now. Thankfully it's given me a reason to keep some of my rare fails and made them slightly less disappointing. I think almost every single animal is better looking as a juvenile than an adult. Certainly most are cuter because of that baby look. There are some I do really like as adults, like the Pegasus and all the horse animals.

I agree with you about the Daredevil... it was so cute as a juvenile, took me forever to be willing to make it a level 10, and I'm actually hoping for a second one as a fail at some point.

There are nothing worse than the Phoenix clone birds in terms of the overall forest look. The electric ones all look so similar to each other. I actually like most of the other flyers, especially all Magmacore clones (or the ones with thicker bodies). I like most of the Ferret clones (the Ferret and Fallaby being my favorites) but I don't really ever want to see another new one.

sanya87
12-02-14, 11:07 AM
My favorite and cutest animals are Unicornucopia, Zapra, Magmacore, Sea Drake, Treasure Toucan, Peamoth. Ugly or let's say not so cute Thorilla, Gold Lion, Porkupine, Rainguin, Gargolem. I am not so thrilled with the birds either, there is just too many of them, so i don't say they are ugly but they are boring, definately. Big dissapointment is Citrine Peregrin, among gem animals is the ugliest one, even Ruby Razorback looks more attractive then him. In my opinion of course :D

EviBrooklyn
12-02-14, 11:11 AM
My favorite and cutest animals are Unicornucopia, Zapra, Magmacore, Sea Drake, Treasure Toucan, Peamoth. Ugly or let's say not so cute Thorilla, Gold Lion, Porkupine, Rainguin, Gargolem. I am not so thrilled with the birds either, there is just too many of them, so i don't say they are ugly but they are boring, definately. Big dissapointment is Citrine Peregrin, among gem animals is the ugliest one, even Ruby Razorback looks more attractive then him. In my opinion of course :D

Aww I love gold lion. At first I hated him, I even named him "Scary", but now I love him :)

sanya87
12-02-14, 11:16 AM
Aww I love gold lion. At first I hated him, I even named him "Scary", but now I love him :)

I appreciate him cause he is a good fighter, maybe that has something to do with his scary eyes lol :D

cquinn32
12-02-14, 11:29 AM
Gold lion and Sea Drake are my favorites!! not going to call any of them ugly but the large winged animals are just annoying lol. I noticed a long time ago that none of the flying creatures ever land on the ground like they do in DS which is the main reason I think my forest always look so chaotic. I mean you'd think they have to land sometime can't keep that up forever can they lol.

bluefoxcrystal
12-05-14, 11:21 PM
Gonna have to say, the cutest, most cuddliest creature for me... Is my epic dreambat! Lol!!

My least favourites are the thorilla, juvenile and adult twilight troll, j & a grassquatch. I think the babies are kinda cute ^^

Wanted to go against the flow :p. I must say... Love all the kitties and horses too! Except for... Creepy soulless gold lion! Brrrrr!!

xmellensx
12-10-14, 03:34 PM
I love the elephants and the rhinos!
I think the hedgehogs are awful! The eagle beagle is terrible also!