PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Army8184
11-27-14, 07:16 PM
Help! Any suggestions on catching different fish? Does placing the fishing pole in different areas of the pond help?

PookieBear50
11-27-14, 07:34 PM
You can pretty much catch fish no matter where you drop your line. However, if you drop it into "hot spots" where you can see the shadows of fish swimming in circles, you are more likely to catch "higher level" fish based on which bait you use, OR catch 2 at once instead of just one. For example, a dough bait dropped anywhere might get only 1 anchovy, but dropping it into the hot spot could get you a catfish or even a bass, or 2 anchovies (or sometimes even 2 catfish).

This might sound counter-intuitive, but if you are going after a specific type of fish to fulfill an order (e.g., 2 catfish), DO NOT fish with the hopes of catching catfish. Instead, concentrate on catching anchovies. It seems strange, but when I fish, I find that if I am really hoping to get a specific fish, it almost never shows up. For example, sometimes an order calls for 1 catfish and I have none in my inventory. If I start fishing hoping to catch that one catfish, I end up with a bunch of anchovies and a couple of bass, but no catfish. On the other hand, if I start fishing with a thought like "if I catch anchovies, I'll make red pizzas" in mind, I almost never get anchovies, but instead get a bunch of the other fishes.

It's strange, but it works for me.

Army8184
11-27-14, 07:41 PM
Thank you . . . appreciate it. Is there one bait better then the others?

neurotika
11-27-14, 09:54 PM
the spicy and the fancy one are meant for salmon and tuna while the other two are for the common ones. since i have no sushi shop yet i don't make the spicy and fancy ones. i use the anchovy bait for hotspots as it gives me 2 of anchovy or catfish. then i use the dough bait whenever i feel like fishing, lol.

Army8184
11-28-14, 05:02 AM
I have three baits right now. I am having problem in getting bass!

PookieBear50
11-28-14, 05:50 AM
Don't think about catching Bass. Think about catching Catfish or Anchovies. Like I said, it may seem counter-intuitive, but it works. When I've been focused on catching anchovies, I've managed to catch Bass with dough baits, even outside of the hot spots.

It might work for you, too.

Army8184
11-28-14, 07:34 AM
Thanks . . . I will try that!