PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your 'unwanted dragons'? (Fruitfuls, firestorms etc etc

jdawwgbc
11-27-14, 09:40 AM
I'm pretty new to this game. I'm around level 30ish and so has be*** the terror of constant Fruitfuls and firestorms. (I remember when I first started my sadness that i would probably never be able to breed a Fruitful.... was I wrong or what as they seem to be stalking to me!)

Anyway, I'm writing this post to ask your experience of what you think best to do with these critters that are taking up space in my Habitats.

Do I leave them there to assist with gaining money?
Do I sell them?
Do I trade them for gems? (This is what I have been doing, but find it wastes my food a valuable evolving time i could put into other dragons...)

Just wanted to know what other people do and your opinions? What you think works best? Should I be trading at a later date and just selling for now? Is there another option I'm missing.

Would love all your help, thoughts and advice!

cocauina
11-27-14, 09:47 AM
In the beggining, my duplicates or unwanted dragons, I put them on habitats for money, evolve them until level 4, and then trade them when I needed gems or space.

Now I sell all the common duplicates/unwanted dragons because I don't need small gems and money, I only stay with the rare and super rare dragons, for large gems and ultra rare dragons also because yeah, they are ultra rare ones xD

In my opinion, in the beggining sell the dragons it's a waste of money when you can get gems that you will need in the future, for dragons or even decor from the Spell Shop, the dragons, when we sell they only give us 100 coins, if we evolve them and trade, we receive a gem and bombs so we can mine.

jim23cash
11-27-14, 01:24 PM
I found it hard to make enough money to clear areas or buy habitats in the beginning. To make more money, I kept all my duplicates, and evolved them to four. I collected money as often as possible, so I could clear spots and buy more habitats. Try to put your Dragons in the highest color habitat you can, they all hold different amounts of $$. Buy as many farms as you can, and upgrade them as soon as possible. Do all you can to participate in the next World event, because you can get Super Rare Dragons, sometimes with colors you don't have yet. Those habitats usually hold more money, too. And you can breed the prize Dragons to get ones with colors you haven't reached yet!
After you build up some money, and start getting more variety, toss the duplicate commons into the trading post for gems. Keep the rare and super rare duplicates to make $ until you need their spot because you can't afford to have another habitat yet. Once you have enough variety to get enough income, trade those duplicate rares and super rares for better stuff!
It's hard at first, cause everything seems so expensive! Hang in there. Eventually you will make enough that it won't be a problem. Just collect from your habitats as often as you can, and feed the money makers most! Good Luck! :D

PurpleScorpion76
11-27-14, 01:32 PM
I used to sell them until I realised the trade was a better option. I feed to level 4 as soon as they've hatched then trade for gems. I've just levelled up to 27, so right there with you.

LonePudding
11-27-14, 03:29 PM
Sometimes, like now, I purposely try for duplicates just so I can trade them to craft the gemstone dragons. I love breeding winters especially because they help me towards the sapphire and pearl dragons!!

But if you are low on money, I would suggest keeping the high earners in habitats other than the red rocks (they fill quicker, thus earning you less money)

When you are comfortable with the food costs, then it's fine to start evolving and trading!

Welcome to the forums!!

roguebee
11-27-14, 06:47 PM
All the advice above is good. The only additional comment I would add, is when you level up, just feed them enough to get to level 3. Then wait until you are ready to evolve them to finish feeding through level 3. Coins are the same whether the color bar is blank or full, but you defer the expense of feeding.

The opinion I would offer is to consider the evolution time as a decision on whether to sell from the nest or keep to evolve for gems. I sell off those 20+ hour fails (Island and Magic come to mind) rather than tie up the evolution temple that long for a small gem.

scarletdragon18
11-27-14, 07:24 PM
I keep/evolve the common ones when the deadline for the mining dragons gets closer, but only the ones that have 4hrs and up incubation time.

jptheripper
11-30-14, 06:39 AM
I keep/evolve the common ones when the deadline for the mining dragons gets closer, but only the ones that have 4hrs and up incubation time.

i sell them off the nest. And i have sold most of them out of habitats to make room for rares . Meaning i dont have a single one of them, which upsets me.

roguebee
11-30-14, 07:15 AM
All the advice above is good. The only additional comment I would add, is when you level up, just feed them enough to get to level 3. Then wait until you are ready to evolve them to finish feeding through level 3. Coins are the same whether the color bar is blank or full, but you defer the expense of feeding.

The opinion I would offer is to consider the evolution time as a decision on whether to sell from the nest or keep to evolve for gems. I sell off those 20+ hour fails (Island and Magic come to mind) rather than tie up the evolution temple that long for a small gem.

My mine just opened up, so I may have to rethink my strategy.