PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Deals!

PikaSquirrel
11-26-14, 04:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VFoFudH.png?1

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! With Turkey Day upon us, we'd like to give you a heads up that we have some exciting things coming this Black Friday! Check your game to see what we have in store for you! Please use this thread to discuss everything lined up for this weekend.

Liloze
11-26-14, 04:43 PM
Ooh goody! :D

SpiritWind00
11-26-14, 04:44 PM
Ok, I'm going to get thru all my jobs quickly so I don't miss a thing! I love your gem picture too!

~~~HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE. ~~~

germander10
11-26-14, 04:53 PM
Please excuse my ignorance - but what is Black Friday?

PurpleScorpion76
11-26-14, 05:04 PM
Please excuse my ignorance - but what is Black Friday?

It's an American shopping day, day after Thanksgiving the shops slash prices. It's now come to the UK in main retail outlets not just online shopping. So this thread is certainly suggesting a good weekend for buying gems.

CuteTali
11-26-14, 11:34 PM
I hope they discount the buildings that drop fur and fish and also the apple tree.

barbarix
11-27-14, 04:01 PM
Used to live in the US and have come to adore Thanksgiving...honestly, in Switzerland they start selling xmas goods on September 1st, not much Halloween and no Thanksgiving to give the stores a break of theme... gruelling work day here, Happy Thanksgiving to all who have a chance to celebrate, it is a lovely holiday

Queenzod
11-27-14, 07:32 PM
Used to live in the US and have come to adore Thanksgiving...honestly, in Switzerland they start selling xmas goods on September 1st, not much Halloween and no Thanksgiving to give the stores a break of theme... gruelling work day here, Happy Thanksgiving to all who have a chance to celebrate, it is a lovely holiday

It is a lovely holiday! My friends just left a few minutes ago. I cooked a delicious organic turkey with herb, sausage and apple stuffing, mushroom gravy, roasted potatoes with rosemary, fresh asparagus, and homemade cranberry sauce, all washed down with sparkling apple cider. We spent three hours eating and talking, laughing, sharing stories and finished up with a big piece of banoffi pie with whipped cream. I can barely move and my kitchen is a disaster area, but I'm sated and very happy.

Now, back to my favorite game! I hope everyone's day was as wonderful as mine! I cannot wait for expansions tomorrow and to see what Black Friday deals are in store for us! :) <--- happy tummy smile

schmookis
11-28-14, 12:19 AM
Gosh. Black Friday has a waaaayyy different meaning in Australia. Bad bad bad bad bush fires. Shopping bargains sound much better

ghjvcucjb
11-28-14, 12:37 AM
Gosh. Black Friday has a waaaayyy different meaning in Australia. Bad bad bad bad bush fires. Shopping bargains sound much better

In the olden days red ink was used to show a loss in profits and black ink was used to show a gain in profits in retail ledgers. The Friday after thanksgiving in America kicked off the shopping holidays and the start of profits for most merchants in America hence Black Friday. Use to be the best sales occurred on Black Friday starting at midnight. But recently it's been shown that in the past few years there is no longer better deals on Black Friday as compared to the weeks before or after. It's become commercialized hype...except here! TL Black Friday deals should be awesome.

Queenzod
11-28-14, 12:48 AM

It has a bad connotation here in the US, too. Mainly because it's turned into a horror fest, with people pushing, shoving, tasering and punching each other while trying to save $3 on some stupid plush animal. People have actually died in stampedes on Black Friday. It's beyond ridiculous. Better to stay home and work on expansions!

paisdelasmaravillas
11-28-14, 12:59 AM
In the last years in Spain the black friday is increasingly popular. This year I have seen a strong campaign and looks at many stores. Similar to PurpleScorpion said is happening in uk

rosewaterlily
11-28-14, 01:11 AM
Any gem items actually discounted? I see a 40% gem sale and 3 day sale for lanterns and expansion permits for 19.99.

alexsjusa
11-28-14, 01:21 AM
Any gem items actually discounted? I see a 40% gem sale and 3 day sale for lanterns and expansion permits for 19.99.

That's all I see as well!! Not much of a sale for me!

GaSaKaDa
11-28-14, 01:26 AM

My offer is coins (already a multi millionaire) 3 permits and some lanters, have already got a decent stock of those too. Might be tempted if I knew there was loads of expansion areas coming up, would be disappointed to spend all that money and then only a couple of squares open up?

Can anyone TL help with knowing will this be the only offer I get or will extra ones be added over the weekend?

Hope everyone over the pond had a lovely thanksgiving, we don't have it here but we do have Guy Fawkes night on Nov 5th which is good fun 🇬🇧💥🔥💥

jbfps116
11-28-14, 01:36 AM
7 squares opened up according to a recent thread: I can already see two of them and I don't have nearly all my expansions done. My deal is the same as what is shown here

genellemac
11-28-14, 01:39 AM
The little brown barrels are back: I have 2 accounts and the offers are different

Level 48 : 200,000 coins, 3 expansion permits and 25 lanterns $24.99 (Aussie $)

Level 23: 100,000 coins, 40 trade tickets and 10 lanterns $12.99 (Aussie $)

Now I love it for my level 23, definitely won't be wasting those tickets on the Chateau, a purchase I always regretted on my level 48 account, yes it is a very nice building, but 50 tickets...I wish I had of saved them for expansions. On this account I will wait for sister sister before I use my permits on this building.

As for my level 48 I will wait for tomorrow morning and check out the requirements for expansions. I am glad that there are expansions but I still have one plot I haven't expanded on yet, too many expansion permits required.

CharmOfLea
11-28-14, 01:50 AM
Expansions have just arrived here. Have the offer for three expansion permits plus change for $19.99 and 40% off gems. Nothing else. Level 34. Hope everybody celebrating had a cosy Thanksgiving.

orleansparish
11-28-14, 01:54 AM
The little brown barrels are back: I have 2 accounts and the offers are different

Level 48 : 200,000 coins, 3 expansion permits and 25 lanterns $24.99 (Aussie $)

Level 23: 100,000 coins, 40 trade tickets and 10 lanterns $12.99 (Aussie $)

Now I love it for my level 23, definitely won't be wasting those tickets on the Chateau, a purchase I always regretted on my level 48 account, yes it is a very nice building, but 50 tickets...I wish I had of saved them for expansions. On this account I will wait for sister sister before I use my permits on this building.

As for my level 48 I will wait for tomorrow morning and check out the requirements for expansions. I am glad that there are expansions but I still have one plot I haven't expanded on yet, too many expansion permits required.

I'd have loved the 40 trade tickets. I guess that's the newbies package. Mines is supposed to be for so called advanced players. Well this level 50 just blew 20 trade tickets of accidentally clicking the wrong boxes instead of the expansion permit one. So now I'm back to square one. I need about 15 tickets to fully expand my shop with the last four openings available. With seven more coming it'll take a year or more for me to get all my buildings out of storage.

genellemac
11-28-14, 02:05 AM
I'd have loved the 40 trade tickets. I guess that's the newbies package. Mines is supposed to be for so called advanced players. Well this level 50 just blew 20 trade tickets of accidentally clicking the wrong boxes instead of the expansion permit one. So now I'm back to square one. I need about 15 tickets to fully expand my shop with the last four openings available. With seven more coming it'll take a year or more for me to get all my buildings out of storage.

The expansions are on my account, 15 expansion permits required for all 7 expansions. ( I do have 3 kids running about so my maths could be out).

germander10
11-28-14, 02:07 AM
Wonder why the packages are cheaper in the US than Australia. I'm being offered the 200,000 coins, 3 trade permits etc for AU$24.99, but the US get it for only $19.99 - that's a little disappointing, as is the package.

jbfps116
11-28-14, 02:28 AM
US$19.99 is equal to AU$ 23.50

genellemac
11-28-14, 02:50 AM
The GFC never hit Aus as hard as the US, I presume TL thinks we Australians can afford the extra $1.49. Who cares, I wonder what the difference is in Europe...interesting thought.

Jir67
11-28-14, 03:29 AM
The GFC never hit Aus as hard as the US, I presume TL thinks we Australians can afford the extra $1.49. Who cares, I wonder what the difference is in Europe...interesting thought.
It's 17.99€ in Italy, (22.39$...)

Anaboe
11-28-14, 04:42 AM
I'm a bit dissapointed for the first time. I was hoping for nice discounts on some gem-items, not lanterns and permits. Ah well, it sure is keeping my money in my pocket, which is also nice :)

genellemac
11-28-14, 04:57 AM
And the exchange rate gets worse.

ShibuyaCloth
11-28-14, 05:13 AM
It's 17.99€ in Italy, (22.39$...)

Just checked my current iTune account (have several depending on my world location), it is 20 CHF, that is ~20.40 USD.

genellemac
11-28-14, 05:46 AM
And worse still....

blabla9337
11-28-14, 06:26 AM
my bundle includes 40 trade tickets and 10 lanterns for only 10chf (10usd).i guess this is a really good deal and i shouldnt miss out on in?i hope they didnt make a mistake there...
any advise on how many i should buy?im thiniking maybe two but i'm not sure..i'm on level 22 and progress in the game is painstakingly slow,i'm basically lacking in everything.
what do you guys think?would you buy two bundles or one bundle and 530 gems?thanks for the advise!

jbfps116
11-28-14, 06:31 AM
If you're going to spend the money i'd buy one bundle and 530 gems. they come in handy in holiday specials and all the cool gem items that come up. I personally have all the gem things you can buy I think.

GC5410
11-28-14, 06:43 AM
The advanced players deal is ?13.99 here (UK). I'd rather have the beginners one!

I don't need coins or lanterns, so only the expansion permits would be of any use. You can buy those for 250 gems each though, so for 750 gem equivalent you could get the 530 and 250 gem packages that total ?11.98 which is cheaper and you get a spare 30 gems instead of the coins/lanterns.

I bought an itunes giftcard at 25% off, so I might get 530 gems, since it would only cost me ?5.99 instead of ?13.99, that's quite a good deal :)

(Why does the forum turn all the "pound signs" I typed into "?" ?! Annoying, but you get what I mean I hope)

reliquary
11-28-14, 10:55 AM
Looking back on my iTunes records from a long time ago, it was $9.99 for the trade ticket/lantern/coin bundle. I went crazy and bought a bunch and got my tinker camp.

To anyone out there who may do the same do NOT waste them on the fancy Royal or ornate trades...put them towards expansion permits only.

And to anyone at a lower levels, keep your royal exchange busy.....always busy! or it will take FOREVER to make them when there is nothing else to do

blabla9337
11-28-14, 11:35 AM
The advanced players deal is ?13.99 here (UK). I'd rather have the beginners one!

I don't need coins or lanterns, so only the expansion permits would be of any use.

does your value Pack offer you expansion permits?mine offers trade tickets.so if i wanted to buy my trade tickets for ten gems each instead,i'd get 53 for my gems bought at the same price as the value pack,but i wouldn't get any lanterns, of which i'm always short of.decisions decisions.
i'm also always short of coal,so its difficult for me to make the lanterns.is that never an issue for you guys?

Tictoclolo
11-28-14, 12:13 PM
I'm very desapointing about those sales. I hoped that some premium stuff like Mermaid Pond or Mithrill Dragon would be sold but just one pack, with coins and lanterns that I needn't... Well, I think I'll pass. Only 3 Expansion Permits (useless coins and lanterns don't counts) for almost 20€, it doesn't sound enough interesting for me.

lisman
11-28-14, 01:36 PM
I get the black friday bundle for 149 kronor or 19,8 us dollars, it's just too expensive for me it's like throwing away money for nothing for just 3 expansions for something I can make My self. The Black friday bundle was a great idea but TL just faild it for me

GC5410
11-28-14, 01:37 PM
does your value Pack offer you expansion permits?mine offers trade tickets.so if i wanted to buy my trade tickets for ten gems each instead,i'd get 53 for my gems bought at the same price as the value pack,but i wouldn't get any lanterns, of which i'm always short of.decisions decisions.
i'm also always short of coal,so its difficult for me to make the lanterns.is that never an issue for you guys?

Yes, there is an advanced player pack with expansion permits, but the beginner pack has trade tickets instead.
I don't find I get low on coal anymore, but I did when I was a lower level, before I had more than one mine.

kimberly0822
11-28-14, 02:03 PM
This is what u got for black friday? Its like an office max sale...useless and not worth the time. Pass!

PurpleScorpion76
11-28-14, 02:23 PM
I thought that it was going to be reduced items in the gem building and decorations area, I didn't expect something that seems to pop up every so often. Disappointed.com.

meme1098
11-28-14, 02:27 PM
My bundle is:
200k coins
3 exp.permits
25 lanterns
For $19.99

Just 3 permits ??? 10 would be better..lol

#disappontedhere2

Liloze
11-28-14, 03:00 PM
My bundle is:
200k coins
3 exp.permits
25 lanterns
For $19.99

Just 3 permits ??? 10 would be better..lol

#disappontedhere2

Same bundle here " For advanced players" :rolleyes:
Disappointed # 3

GC5410
11-28-14, 03:06 PM
Does everyone have discounted gems as well though? I thought the bundle was just a regular thing we sometimes get with updates to help (i.e. They are topical) and it's a coincidence that it has been released on black friday, but that it's actually the gem sale that is for Black Friday? For example, for me the usual/regular gem sale would reduce 530 gems from ?13.99 down to ?9.99, but for the current black friday gem sale it is ?13.99 down to ?7.99.

meme1098
11-28-14, 03:16 PM
Does everyone have discounted gems as well though? I thought the bundle was just a regular thing we sometimes get with updates to help (i.e. They are topical) and it's a coincidence that it has been released on black friday, but that it's actually the gem sale that is for Black Friday? For example, for me the usual/regular gem sale would reduce 530 gems from ?13.99 down to ?9.99, but for the current black friday gem sale it is ?13.99 down to ?7.99.

If that's your price, 7.99, it's pretty good. 530 gems for me is 40%off and 11.99, regular price 19.99.

Liloze
11-28-14, 03:50 PM
I bought Gems, way better than the bundle! I already had 20 exp. permit, 105 lanterns and goo gobs of money,
Thanks TL but no thanks, gems are better.

I am confused though, why some get the 530 gems for 7.99 while some others,
including me,
gets it for 11.99 ?! :confused:

Alright I think it is not $$$ but ?

GC5410
11-28-14, 03:52 PM
If that's your price, 7.99, it's pretty good. 530 gems for me is 40%off and 11.99, regular price 19.99.

Sorry, I was writing in british pounds - using a rough exchange rate 11.99 dollars is about the same as 7.99 pounds, so your price is technically the same as mine, and it's still about a 40% reduction for both of us in our own currencies. :)

I am confused though, why some get the 530 gems for 7.99 while some others, including me,
gets it for 11.99 ?! :confused:

Alright I think it is not $$$ but ?

Sorry, if you read post #31 I mentioned that the forum replaces my "pound signs" with "?" for some reason :)

Liloze
11-28-14, 03:54 PM

7.99 not $$$ but British pound!

Liloze
11-28-14, 03:56 PM
Sorry, I was writing in british pounds - using a rough exchange rate 11.99 dollars is about the same as 7.99 pounds, so your price is technically the same as mine, and it's still about a 40% reduction for both of us in our own
Sorry, if you read post #31 I mentioned that the forum replaces my "pound signs" with "?" for some reason :)

We replied at the same time lol Yes. it is the same price :)

meme1098
11-28-14, 07:40 PM
7.99 not $$$ but British pound!

Sorry...didn't realize that's what you meant.

Liloze
11-28-14, 08:41 PM
Sorry...didn't realize that's what you meant.

Hey Meme :) No worries, I mistook it for $ at first too :)

tristebelle
11-28-14, 09:48 PM
For other aussie IOS players, I know this is late but I just got back from the stores, KMart has 2 x $20 iTunes cards for $30...so 25% off...goes nicely with the 40% off BF sale!!

myndisue
11-29-14, 12:34 AM
I was very disappointed with the lack of items on sale. I guess they just didn't want any of my money! Only got the smallest gem bundle so I could get the wizard school in my latest kingdom. This and the early ending of the sales in Restaurant & Bakery Stories has just capped off a very boring Black Friday. Sorry, but I am disappointed with all of it!

mymummy789
11-29-14, 04:26 AM
I was very disappointed with the lack of items on sale. I guess they just didn't want any of my money! Only got the smallest gem bundle so I could get the wizard school in my latest kingdom. This and the early ending of the sales in Restaurant & Bakery Stories has just capped off a very boring Black Friday. Sorry, but I am disappointed with all of it!

there wasn't anything on sale, was there? (other than gems, that is)

ginrae22
11-30-14, 02:49 AM
So I'm not crazy ?! Because I thouuht I had seen a pop up telling us about black Friday deals (thanks for posting the picture!) and then I showed up on Friday expecting items and animals and buildings etc to be on sale and... Nope. So if it was only gems lol they could have just said "come back for a Black Friday gem sale!". Oh well. I guess we will see if this cyber Monday is good. It pictured an alicorn and well I don't remember what else honestly in the pop up that I just saw so I hope the alicorn is cheap !!! Lol. Ok time to sleep. 1:48 am in California!

GC5410
11-30-14, 06:04 AM
So I'm not crazy ?! Because I thouuht I had seen a pop up telling us about black Friday deals (thanks for posting the picture!) and then I showed up on Friday expecting items and animals and buildings etc to be on sale and... Nope. So if it was only gems lol they could have just said "come back for a Black Friday gem sale!". Oh well. I guess we will see if this cyber Monday is good. It pictured an alicorn and well I don't remember what else honestly in the pop up that I just saw so I hope the alicorn is cheap !!! Lol. Ok time to sleep. 1:48 am in California!

Alicorn, mithril dragon and hydrangea garden is what appears in the cyber monday pop-up :)

vuvhappy
11-30-14, 11:02 AM
I am hoping I can get the last dragon, also some gems deal, the one on Friday was not a big of a deal �� until tomorrow.

ginrae22
11-30-14, 11:45 AM
Alicorn, mithril dragon and hydrangea garden is what appears in the cyber monday pop-up :)

Thanks ! Lol I couldn't remember and I was half asleep as it was haha.

Weesses
12-01-14, 03:54 AM
What's better the ali corn or the Mithrell dragon? Or should I get both? Will I be receiving one of these at the end of a goal or do I have to purchase them? Please help!!

vizbiz11
12-01-14, 06:12 AM
What's better the ali corn or the Mithrell dragon? Or should I get both? Will I be receiving one of these at the end of a goal or do I have to purchase them? Please help!!

The Alicorn takes an entire week to charge, so unless you have a herd of Alicorns it doesn't make that much difference. I know you'll need Mithral to complete the Blythewood goal, but can't remember what else offhand. Mithral dragon gives Mithral, dragon scales, coins. Here's a link to reported drops http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65930-Mithril-Dragon&highlight=Mithral+dragon

I have both and yes, they must be purchased. Good luck!

QueenCarolyn
12-01-14, 07:06 AM
Well, it is Cyber Monday now. I don't see that anything is on sale, except maybe gems. I would like to buy Greselda's Fountain, but I don't see any for sale.

Weesses
12-01-14, 07:14 AM
The Alicorn takes an entire week to charge, so unless you have a herd of Alicorns it doesn't make that much difference. I know you'll need Mithral to complete the Blythewood goal, but can't remember what else offhand. Mithral dragon gives Mithral, dragon scales, coins. Here's a link to reported drops http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65930-Mithril-Dragon&highlight=Mithral+dragon

I have both and yes, they must be purchased. Good luck!

Thank you!!

GC5410
12-01-14, 09:58 AM
Well, it is Cyber Monday now. I don't see that anything is on sale, except maybe gems. I would like to buy Greselda's Fountain, but I don't see any for sale.

If gems are on sale in your kingdom, then that's just a normal sale and a coincidence that you happen to have one today (since not all kingdoms have them at the same time).

The items on sale for Cyber Monday are:

Alicorn
Dragon
Mithril dragon
Manticore

Barracks

Mermaid pond

Hydrangea garden

(Feel free, anyone else, to add any I've forgotten!) :)

I think they are all 20% off (so alicorn 480 gems instead of 600 gems etc.)

Items on sale, appear like this:

ginrae22
12-01-14, 01:25 PM
It just popped up a message saying 25% off when I opened my game. I opened it and went oh....how amazing 25% off when its already super steep to begin with....yeah no. Not impressed!

orleansparish
12-01-14, 01:32 PM
It just popped up a message saying 25% off when I opened my game. I opened it and went oh....how amazing 25% off when its already super steep to begin with....yeah no. Not impressed!

I know! That's a normal gem sale. I just had a 30 percent off one. Something told me to buy gems friday but nooooo I said I don't need to finish goals with gems like I used to and I can wait for that alicorn wing. I really want that fortune teller tent but after spending $50 on drsgon without a gold sale I don't want to do it again. So no go for me.

shambalaya
12-01-14, 01:41 PM
I can't decide if I should get a mithril dragon or not… I have 95 mithril or so and 50 adamant and I completed all current quests, so it's not like I desperately need it… maybe just to complete my collection?

PurpleScorpion76
12-01-14, 02:29 PM
I decided against it as I got to the point where my dragon egg had just dropped and I was thinking carry on collecting gems or get something that I need now. Went with now rather than Mithril dragon. I'm now in possession of nearly 20 dragon scales and still haven't got to the required step. Though with a the holiday quests I have held back on Greseldas quests to get enough dragon scales.

cole7286
12-01-14, 04:05 PM
If gems are on sale in your kingdom, then that's just a normal sale and a coincidence that you happen to have one today (since not all kingdoms have them at the same time).

The items on sale for Cyber Monday are:

Alicorn
Dragon
Mithril dragon
Manticore

Barracks

Mermaid pond

Hydrangea garden

(Feel free, anyone else, to add any I've forgotten!) :)

I think they are all 20% off (so alicorn 480 gems instead of 600 gems etc.)

Items on sale, appear like this:

Ivy's fortune hut :cool:

ShibuyaCloth
12-01-14, 05:07 PM
I can't decide if I should get a mithril dragon or not… I have 95 mithril or so and 50 adamant and I completed all current quests, so it's not like I desperately need it… maybe just to complete my collection?

I am maxed on adamant and mithril, but once I have enough gems in reserve I'll complete my dragon collection. Just for the sake of having this one flapping it's wings in my garden.

GC5410
12-01-14, 05:19 PM
Ivy's fortune hut :cool:

Aha! I didn't know that, thanks :) I already own one, so it doesn't display in my market at all.

Weesses
12-01-14, 11:15 PM
Does any body know how many gems it cost to buy the fortune tellers tent in the cyber Monday sale?

howdyho11
12-02-14, 03:03 AM
Does any body know how many gems it cost to buy the fortune tellers tent in the cyber Monday sale?

It was 200 gems but I think the sale is over now

robino23
12-02-14, 10:00 AM
It has a bad connotation here in the US, too. Mainly because it's turned into a horror fest, with people pushing, shoving, tasering and punching each other while trying to save $3 on some stupid plush animal. People have actually died in stampedes on Black Friday. It's beyond ridiculous. Better to stay home and work on expansions!

Good Grief, Binky! Where do you shop? LOL! It's crazy here in the South, but nothing like that.

roguebee
12-02-14, 10:39 AM
If memory serves me right was a few years ago up North where a shopper was either ****ed or badly injuried at a WalMart on Black Friday. I think he was trying to get one of the handful of plush Mithril dragons.