PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Deals!

DessertWolf
11-26-14, 04:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pRX5ZXG.png?1

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! With Turkey Day upon us, we'd like to give you a heads up that we have some exciting things coming this Black Friday! Check your game everyday to see what we have in store for you! Please use this thread to discuss everything lined up for this weekend.

Natasha_07
11-26-14, 05:30 PM
Finally !!! I'm so excited for BFS across my TL games...!!!! Please nice prices, okay!

orleansparish
11-26-14, 06:24 PM
Aquarius fountain!

jojopeanut
11-26-14, 08:24 PM
Yeah Excited! Bring it on like Donkey Kong.. I second that Aquarius fountain under my Fashion Tree :) please

JustKay
11-26-14, 10:11 PM
Oh My Gosh! Adrenaline spike! I know we asked for a teaser but this is beyond teasing! There's absolutely no information. Can't you give us a teeny weeny sneak peek?

CuteTali
11-26-14, 11:08 PM
So much anticipation the whole entire year for this weekend, the excitement sure is building up!

I hope they mark clearly which items are for sale, for what price and for how long, and if more items are supposed to pop or change the next day, so there's no confusion like previous years. It will help us better prepare and buy the right amount of gems to enjoy this event fully.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 01:06 AM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-00-01-502.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-00-01-502.jpg.html)

jewelfang
11-27-14, 01:18 AM
I'm soooo excited!!! I hope for good prices and great items!! Squeeeeee :rolleyes: Please please please please....

aishaibrahims
11-27-14, 03:25 AM
Thanks for confirming something is actually happening this weekend! Was starting to get worried/paranoid! that maybe things will be different this year. That teeny tiny teaser sure has caused massive excitement. I cant wait. Im hoping for aquarius fountain too, i think i would actually cry if we got it. And like cuteTali said i really hope everything is clear, to save confusion and upset players. It would be such a shame as everyones so pumped!

minidemon88
11-27-14, 03:58 AM
Hands up for the Aquarius Fountain too! I just hope they will price it correctly and clearly this year. So excited!

andromedablack
11-27-14, 04:52 AM
I'm so excited for tomorrow! There are so many things I wish for!

Hope this year doesn't happen the same like last year when the next days the same items were offered for higher prices... If I knew that was all we got for BF I'd have bought more displays...

newmoonfashion
11-27-14, 08:17 AM
Xxxxxxx

jewelfang
11-27-14, 10:55 AM
I'm so excited for tomorrow! There are so many things I wish for!

Hope this year doesn't happen the same like last year when the next days the same items were offered for higher prices... If I knew that was all we got for BF I'd have bought more displays...
I was just thinking this as well. Last year looking for new items Saturday and Sunday and seeing the SAME items just for more gems was such a disappointment. I hate to gamble, but I'm boing to bet on a repeat of last year, no new items, just the same items at higher prices Sat and Sun, so I'm boing to get what I want Friday. If I'm wrong....well....good, though I'll probably miss out on some things.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 11:21 AM
Yes it usually starts at game reset. For those interested in getting an idea of how last year was. The thread is on Page 21 6th thread down please DON'T bump this thread it's against forum rules.

JustKay
11-27-14, 04:23 PM
I just skipped through several of the posts on that thread... it turned real ugly real quickly towards the end. I hope TL have learned from that year and this year will be more fun for everyone. They've certainly built up the anticipation so let's hope they deliver :)

melody_nara
11-27-14, 04:43 PM
Ladies Tea n Fairy Fountain pretty please:o
I missed buying those displays last Black Friday sale.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 06:17 PM
Wouldn't be CRAZY the best surprise ever IF some 4th place box item's were coins for BF. Yes I don't mind some 4th place item's they make great fillers etc. around and behind your main displays. And I've not opened every box available it would definitely be worth it to have some coin item's. Also alot of players (NOT me) don't purchase GEMS so some coin item's would be fab for them too.

Also wishing for alot of my neigbours the Fasinator display :)

jewelfang
11-27-14, 06:29 PM
Wouldn't be CRAZY the best surprise ever IF some 4th place box item's were coins for BF. Yes I don't mind some 4th place item's they make great fillers etc. around and behind your main displays. And I've not opened every box available it would definitely be worth it to have some coin item's.

Any items for coins would be AWESOME! But right now I'm teetering between being hopeful and trying not to get my hopes up, because of last year.

orleansparish
11-27-14, 06:32 PM
So much anticipation the whole entire year for this weekend, the excitement sure is building up!

I hope they mark clearly which items are for sale, for what price and for how long, and if more items are supposed to pop or change the next day, so there's no confusion like previous years. It will help us better prepare and buy the right amount of gems to enjoy this event fully.

They won't tell us. It makes us spend more. It may be back the next day or cyber Monday or maybe not. It may go down in price the next day or it may not. I won't wait to buy anything. See it. Buy it. IF they announce a mistake then deal with it later. I just hope we don't get lame items. I tell myself we won't. And it'd money saved if we do. But gosh knows ill scream If I see that forsaken denim display again. Scream!

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 06:36 PM
Any items for coins would be AWESOME! But right now I'm teetering between being hopeful and trying not to get my hopes up, because of last year.

Funny thing is this my 3rd BF playing. Last2 years I didn't feel nearly as excited this for some crazy reason I dunno. But hoping yet doubting coin items. After all the fashionista up there in the tease is holding a GEM..lol

orleansparish
11-27-14, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't be CRAZY the best surprise ever IF some 4th place box item's were coins for BF. Yes I don't mind some 4th place item's they make great fillers etc. around and behind your main displays. And I've not opened every box available it would definitely be worth it to have some coin item's. Also alot of players (NOT me) don't purchase GEMS so some coin item's would be fab for them too.

I love that large white gardenia vase from the Paris box. They may be 3rd place though but I'd LOVE to get a ton of them for my shop! I see some that are all white or two main colors only and they have those gem vases we can buy already. I think they are white coral ones. They are too rich for my blood to buy more than 2 of them. But I'd so make my whole shop with all white vases and the glass/diamond counters/racks.

Please give us that valentine stocking display with the 3 girls! And the love fountain with the rose petals...NOT the boring cherish fountain...the large one that takes up 3 or 4 spaces.

Oh gosh! Is anyone else getting a rapid heartbeat in anticipation? I can't sit still. My family think I'm nuts from the ordering, farming and cooking I've been doing to collect gems. I'm like a kid locked inside of toys r' us.

Oh, oh and I need the emerald displays. ANY of them. I need to kick they Central Park display to the curb. And consider giving us those lighted tiles from the Olympics.

orleansparish
11-27-14, 06:40 PM
Hands up for the Aquarius Fountain too! I just hope they will price it correctly and clearly this year. So excited!

I doubt it would be less than 50 gems. It would be lovely if something was offered for coins like mentioned before. Just as they did with the autumn/fall box. Many of us went crazy with gems when that came, imagine if another one is given that honor. Just not the groovy box! Ha!

But if it comes I'm crossing my fingers the price is reasonable. I want at least two of them.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 06:50 PM
Orleansparish I'm lucky enough to have 5 of those vases (lillies) from trying for the cafe which I never got until *drum roll* BF 2012 lol but least I have a cafe now..lol and I'm have rapid heart beat too. If I have to call 911 I hope a hunky fireman comes to my rescue. :P

orleansparish
11-27-14, 07:19 PM
Orleansparish I'm lucky enough to have 5 of those vases (lillies) from trying for the cafe which I never got until *drum roll* BF 2012 lol but least I have a cafe now..lol and I'm have rapid heart beat too. If I have to call 911 I hope a hunky fireman comes to my rescue. :P

You have five vases, I had about 8 of what I call coffin couches. Ugh! Hmmm. Hunky fireman. I don't begrudge you that request! Reminds me of when I had chest pains and had to call 911. A bunch of firemen and paramedics came during a really bad Texas snow storm. Long story short, they helped me downstairs to navigate through the thick ice and snow on the ground to the ambulance. One fireman stayed behind and locked the door. And forget to give me my keys. I got discharged and had to call the police department to track him down and luckily he was getting off in two hours.

I couldn't get a taxi because of the weather, so he offered to drive me home. What a knight in shining armor! And yes, he was handsome. And yes, even with pneumonia I still swooned and called every female I knew to make sure she was jealous!

Just imagine if they gave those black roses from the old valentine box for 5 gems? Haha, the comments here would be a delight. Most hated box item....EVA!

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 09:31 PM
Okay were starting early!!! I have lots almost all already..lol http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-363.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-363.jpg.html)http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-082.jpg[/URL[URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-312.jpg.html]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-312.jpg[/URL[URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-362.jpg.html]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-362.jpg[/URL[URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-363.jpg.html]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-19-363.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-082.jpg.html)http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-522.jpg[/URL[URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-21-502.jpg.html]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-21-502.jpg (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/QuickMemo_2014-11-27-20-20-522.jpg.html)

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 09:34 PM
I thought I got them all but duplucate pics. Hard to edit correctly sorry..But another carriage it is for me I did ask/and want another.

Rose_00
11-27-14, 09:52 PM
I finally got the tandem romance display (: I didnt have enough gems when it was first released, so I'm pretty happy right now. I would be extra happy if they released the first place prize for the in bloom chest.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 09:54 PM
I don't notice any new closet item's I could already own it and in which case wouldn't show as new if there was. There is also the gingerbread dressing room.

Also I already have 4 elegant trees, but could always use more TY TL..:)

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 09:59 PM
Wow these are CHEAP! Pretty sure I could've paid more for some of these. Of course the carriage I want is most expensive..lol Also I think the recycle display we all have access to all the time is 10 GEMS off. Nice

orleansparish
11-27-14, 10:16 PM
I wasn't wowed but was happy to see the golden Olympic lady. I had two of those I use all the time and have out near my Xmas section so I got four more. I have another gold jewelry display to put near my makeup counter and got the kimono display. Can't believe they have that darn denim and red/white display closet thingy.....again!!!

I'm thinking if another kimono display and a second glamour display. I have one of each of the other ones already. Happy shopping to those of you who don't!

barbaraann72
11-27-14, 10:19 PM
LOVE the X-mas tree! That's a must have.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 10:21 PM
I agree happy shopping everyone :) newer players can have a Christmas tree for 7 GEMS that's fantastic!! Now I hope they cater to us who have played and stuck with it for years with different unique item's this weekend.

irlanda_c
11-27-14, 10:23 PM
Just got the gingerbread village. The rest I already have or are not appealing for me. I reallywanted the mall santa =\

minidemon88
11-27-14, 10:27 PM
I've almost everything minus a few displays. Though I'm glad to see the gold jewelry display, wanted to get it back then but they pulled the support switch off so nadaa. Also I speed through the closet and noticed there's a 24hrs timer on a hairstyle and a top. Anyone notice anything?

filochick1982
11-27-14, 10:30 PM
The only thing I got was the Tandem Romance display and beach sign. Everything else I already had and I'm not interested in duplicates. I'm a bit disappointed. Talk about an anticlimax.

Natasha_07
11-27-14, 10:36 PM
Just got the gingerbread village. The rest I already have or are not appealing for me. I reallywanted the mall santa =\

I'm buying the village, wanted the mall too.

I can't believe threads with hundreds of suggestions post for BFS and this is all across BS (biggest disappointment), RS, FS.

jojopeanut
11-27-14, 10:38 PM
Even though they have 24 hr timers and started before game reset maybe at midnight more specials? I hope. Also hope still for dis counted boxs . we're early in so not giving up yet.

sugakane_01
11-27-14, 11:49 PM
I got the glamour display and I'm so happy! That was the one thing I really wanted. I also got a Christmas tree.

I'm holding off on buying anything else for the moment but that gingerbread village is calling me :)

Natasha_07
11-27-14, 11:54 PM
I only bought the gingerbread changing rooms, gingerbread village and elegant tree. Already had kimono display from before.

It's almost 2am here, I hope they add more things in a few minutes at reset, or it really wouldn't worth it I stayed up.

melody_nara
11-28-14, 12:21 AM
I am very disappointed with the Black Friday sale.
I already had most of the displays.

Expecting too much can lead to more disappointment.:(

jewelfang
11-28-14, 12:53 AM
I only bought the gingerbread changing rooms, gingerbread village and elegant tree. Already had kimono display from before.

It's almost 2am here, I hope they add more things in a few minutes at reset, or it really wouldn't worth it I stayed up.
This is exactly what I got, I had a lot of the other displays, including the princess carriage.

I think they did a pretty good job. Yes they didn't put out the most coveted items in the game, but they did put out some of the nicer LTO's of the year. And the prices are right!! I'm still mulling over the goddess statue.

I have to admit, I bought some Gems. Not much, just the 50 pack but I really wanted the gingerbread house AND I still want the LTO that is 66 gems. So what I had been saving plus that gives me enough. So they got what they wanted out of me, my first gem purchase.

I don't see any closet items. I hope they relase some, I don't buy tons of closet items, but have a few here and there, would be nice to see something!

Overall, a god BF for me. I don't expect anything new the rest of the weekend, but will wait until tomorrow night to be sure, then buy the Chinese LTO.

JustKay
11-28-14, 01:12 AM
YES! YES! YES! They put the kimono display out! I can now complete my Okiya! I might get the tandem romance too since the pink trees are so sakura!

mymummy789
11-28-14, 01:41 AM
Hopefully there will be different things on offer tomorrow. There is only one display that I don't have and I am still not interested. I am a bit disappointed that the same few displays keep popping up in their sales.

orleansparish
11-28-14, 02:00 AM
Hopefully there will be different things on offer tomorrow. There is only one display that I don't have and I am still not interested. I am a bit disappointed that the same few displays keep popping up in their sales.

Tell me about it. I still want to cry from seeing that darn denim one. Surely another option would have netted them more sales. I just got the LTO on sale before I forget it in two days. I wish some racks and counters were on sale.

andromedablack
11-28-14, 03:16 AM
Unfortunately for me,I have the most LTOs already. I was hoping for more box items... Although I'm happy for the Gingerbread village I didn't buy last year and the Godess statue, I'll buy 2 of them, I love it and I was asking for a Grecian theme.

Do you people think we'll get different items offered tomorrow?

aishaibrahims
11-28-14, 04:24 AM
How exciting!! Some nice items on offer and the prices mean i can go nuts! Those statues are just the icing on the cake for me, regretted not getting those when last available. They offered box items the last two years, so i dont know if that means theres more to come or that they just doing things different this year. Either way im really happy, thanks TL

twospoons
11-28-14, 04:30 AM
i really think there will be different stuff tomorrow, so i'm not going too crazy. already had a couple of these, but i got the gold jewelry and the spring dresses, and i'm on the fence about the kimonos.

leylaska
11-28-14, 04:57 AM
Please help me, thank you very much. Black Friday, what will it be? Today is Black Friday refers to the items? Or will new items tomorrow? Pkz plz

andromedablack
11-28-14, 05:25 AM
Avatar items are only an old black hairstyle and the American sweater. :/

gotalotaluv
11-28-14, 06:20 AM

Agreed!! The only things I got were the carriage and goddess statue. ?.I already owned the rest. It was the same for bs and rs for me. I'm taking it as I sign that I've been playing too long and have peaked out...lol. The thing to remember is that WE built the anticipation...not TL. They made no promises but ppl have been "waiting" & talkung about it since early October..lol

I can't believe they didn't at least bring xmas clothes in fot the newbies...maybe next week.

newmoonfashion
11-28-14, 07:13 AM
I sure hope they relase more items tomorrow... and preferably some we haven't seen the last times we had sales.
I bought a few duplicates, but there was nothing new in what they offered.

I don't know why we bother with the endless lists of items we really want for our shops, when TL doesn't listen.:)

I get it, if they don't want to release box items, but what about all the lovely LTO's from the first two years aroud?
We hardly ever see them in shops anymore, as many of the early players have left the game.

Please surprise us tomorrow.. or at least around xmas. Didn't we get a sale last year around xmas?

nho13
11-28-14, 07:53 AM

I totally agree with you :(

cakebaby75
11-28-14, 07:55 AM
I have bought the GingerBread Village, I've wanted it for ages and its a great Christmas display. Everything else I already have pretty much but I'm so happy for other players that have a chance to buy some pretty great LTOs.

There is of course a few things I'm hoping for over the weekend such as the Mall Santa and some of the first or second prizes from boxes.

It's a good BF sale so thanks TL :) Happy Shopping

StevenKevin
11-28-14, 08:16 AM
I am wondering if they intend to offer the denim display until every player has bought it.........
Took a gamble over the possible release of nice LTOs offered over the past few months, I lost (as usual when I gamble lol) but I'm not too mad about it, after all, that's my fault if I was too stingy to get them when they were on sale...
Whatever, I'm pretty sure items will be the same up to cybermonday - just with regular prices!!!!

fashionideal
11-28-14, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the hors d'oeuvres party, I've been wanting it forever :)... Now if only the purple paradise one & the intimate concert got on sale as well :D!!

mymummy789
11-28-14, 08:31 AM
I wish they would do some deals on the dressing rooms. The gem ones are so expensive and it seems a waste as just one never looks right but I can never bring myself to pay for more.

minidemon88
11-28-14, 09:38 AM
I am wondering if they intend to offer the denim display until every player has bought it.........
Took a gamble over the possible release of nice LTOs offered over the past few months, I lost (as usual when I gamble lol) but I'm not too mad about it, after all, that's my fault if I was too stingy to get them when they were on sale...
Whatever, I'm pretty sure items will be the same up to cybermonday - just with regular prices!!!!

LOL! Most probably just like the walk in closet. The price will bounce back to the original pricing without the 30% off discount.

I'm getting the gold jewelry display for sure, but am thinking about the goddess mannequin. Hmmm~ If the sales is still the same tomorrow, then I'm getting the mandarin gowns LTO!

SunnyAprilWeather
11-28-14, 10:01 AM
I already had all the big displays of interest to me so this sale is not very exciting for me. The GOOD side : I did not spend too many gems since I only bought the gold jewelry display and the statue :p.

Still, I think this sale is pretty good for newer players (or older ones:-) who did not get the chance to buy the Xmas stuff when it first came out. I agree with the comments about the Denim Display and the Walk-In Closet... Why do these items always end up in sales? Surely there are plenty of other displays that would make players spend a lot more gems !

Keeping my fingers crossed in the hope (the very "faint" hope) that we get a new batch of items for sale this weekend or on Cyber Monday. It did not happen last year but I'm still hoping it will happen this year... We'll see.

linp825
11-28-14, 10:03 AM
Im disappointed... i already have most of these and several i have zero interest in. No discontinued mannequins came back either(at least yet). Im really surprised at how few items are being offered, but maybe each day will be different or they will add more. Ho hum..... Happy about the gem sale tho since its the only day of the year i ever get one.

mommaduex
11-28-14, 10:19 AM
The pop up says CHECK BACK ALL WEEKEND FOR SPECIAL DEALS so Im thinking that there will be new items every day today.. tomorrow and Sunday. (just a guess)

I bought the denim display ( always wanted but never had) still a nubie. I bought the Tree and the goddess statute. There are many displays that I do not have ... I am debating all day if I want to get the Kimono display.. i really want it. However Im also wanting to say what is released later on this weekend.. so Im torn as what to do.

jewelfang
11-28-14, 10:30 AM
The pop up says CHECK BACK ALL WEEKEND FOR SPECIAL DEALS so Im thinking that there will be new items every day today.. tomorrow and Sunday. (just a guess)

I bought the denim display ( always wanted but never had) still a nubie. I bought the Tree and the goddess statute. There are many displays that I do not have ... I am debating all day if I want to get the Kimono display.. i really want it. However Im also wanting to say what is released later on this weekend.. so Im torn as what to do.

The thing is, that is EXACTLY what the pop-up said last year, and all we got were the same items but at higher priced all weekend. I don't know what the did the previous 2 BF's, but that pop-up sadly does not mean that there will be NEW Items. Notice it doesn't say new deals. Last year on Sunday we got a pop-up saying there would be something SPECIAL on Cypber Monday! But it was still just the same stuff from Friday with higher prices.

I could be wrong, they may have learned from last year, but I would suggest if you like something get it now, there very well may not be anything else offered all weekend.

Ic3e
11-28-14, 11:02 AM
I would like either more or nicer avatar items up for sale. I'm not very interested in the American Flag Sweater or the Punk Hair. The long straight hair (Cafe Cutie's hair not Campus Class'), 20 under gem tops/dresses and a sale for handbags would be nice. I really, really, really specifically want the skirt from Hipster Sister however. That skirt is to die for! To have half on it would be a dream come true!

detroithey6
11-28-14, 11:12 AM
I didn't care much for the gingerbread items or anything else but i did buy the recycled fashion display so i could use it with the recycled cork earth display and the 5th and Broadway mannequin well.

mommaduex
11-28-14, 11:22 AM
The thing is, that is EXACTLY what the pop-up said last year, and all we got were the same items but at higher priced all weekend. I don't know what the did the previous 2 BF's, but that pop-up sadly does not mean that there will be NEW Items. Notice it doesn't say new deals. Last year on Sunday we got a pop-up saying there would be something SPECIAL on Cypber Monday! But it was still just the same stuff from Friday with higher prices.

I could be wrong, they may have learned from last year, but I would suggest if you like something get it now, there very well may not be anything else offered all weekend.

Thanks for the TIP .. this is my first BF so I was thinking that maybe each day would bring new items.. I will buy the Kimono display now then..

Natasha_07
11-28-14, 11:29 AM
I just got a pop-up across my games saying "the black friday 24 hour sale has arrived, come in and check out the great deals..."

Natasha_07
11-28-14, 11:32 AM
This is exactly what I got, I had a lot of the other displays, including the princess carriage.

I think they did a pretty good job. Yes they didn't put out the most coveted items in the game, but they did put out some of the nicer LTO's of the year. And the prices are right!! I'm still mulling over the goddess statue.

The items are priced reasonable in my opinion, I just wished they had more variety. I'm still holding out hope that the santa mall will come by tomorrow or Monday.

pieandcream
11-28-14, 11:36 AM
I just got a pop-up across my games saying "the black friday 24 hour sale has arrived, come in and check out the great deals..."

i find it rather cheeky that they can send alerts even when notifications have been disabled. not good >.<

orleansparish
11-28-14, 11:37 AM
That mall Santa was a pest to get! I still need to go over to android to order the pajamas with cocoa to master. I m Trying to decide if I need another kimono display. I have the tea garden and the ladies with the pink attire and now this. Don't know if it will balance out or not. Also deciding if I want to get more of the Olympic lady. Or just stock up on gems and try for the plaid box. Decisions!

jojopeanut
11-28-14, 11:55 AM
That mall Santa was a pest to get! I still need to go over to android to order the pajamas with cocoa to master. I m Trying to decide if I need another kimono display. I have the tea garden and the ladies with the pink attire and now this. Don't know if it will balance out or not. Also deciding if I want to get more of the Olympic lady. Or just stock up on gems and try for the plaid box. Decisions!

NO!!! Don't tempt me..LOL this GEM sale those box's calling me Jooo Jooo down here click me, click me, .. IT's so HARD to resist but I am reframing from it maybe we can have discount box on one I hope other games have had this happen why not us?! I ask TL..

irylshop
11-28-14, 12:11 PM
I only bought 2 items, pre-summer runway, which I was not have enough gems when it previously released, and the gingerbread changing room. I think i can save gems for upcoming Christmas ! ^-^

orleansparish
11-28-14, 01:15 PM
NO!!! Don't tempt me..LOL this GEM sale those box's calling me Jooo Jooo down here click me, click me, .. IT's so HARD to resist but I am reframing from it maybe we can have discount box on one I hope other games have had this happen why not us?! I ask TL..

I just had to open the lipstick box two more times and got the lipstick cases. Now I've four in total and am trying to figure out a design plan around them. I'm not touching anymore. I have more than enough stuff that will never see the light if day in stock. I'll just get a tiny bit more gems and hope next month we get some awesome Xmas displays. Or a super gigantic tree.

leylaska
11-28-14, 02:09 PM
Tomorrow will be the new items? Boxes will release the items? I would like to write something more than requested. Yes or no.

jewelfang
11-28-14, 02:38 PM
Tomorrow will be the new items? Boxes will release the items? I would like to write something more than requested. Yes or no.
Short answer, we don't know if new items will be released tomorrow.

Last year, there were NO NEW ITEMS, just the same items priced higher all weekend and Cyber Monday, too. I'm not sure what they did the prior 2 years.

mergirl96
11-28-14, 02:47 PM
I think this sales was ok. I really appreciate the christmas tree and spring mannequin trio for 7 gems. I really like that TL decided to do a discount on other items as well as bringing back old stuff. Hopefully tomorrow we'll see avatar items. Quick question what is this mall santa everyone is talking about?

StevenKevin
11-28-14, 03:06 PM
LOL! Most probably just like the walk in closet. The price will bounce back to the original pricing without the 30% off discount.

I'm getting the gold jewelry display for sure, but am thinking about the goddess mannequin. Hmmm~ If the sales is still the same tomorrow, then I'm getting the mandarin gowns LTO!

I also indulged in the gold jewelry display n the gingerbread fitting room to match the gingerbread mirrors i bought long time ago but darn my boutique is turning into a bakery that way lmao
As for mandarin gowns they are def worth the purchase better to spend 66 gems on this awesome display than less successful items just because they are discounted

jojopeanut
11-28-14, 04:08 PM
Well I'm going to go ahead and purchase the LTO before it expires and the wallpaper from this update I like the color and will work for Christmas. The LTO might look okay in the middle of my carriages I'll try later..

twospoons
11-28-14, 04:10 PM
grr. accidently bought the snowman-building display when i was just placing everything on my floor to look at it for a second. oh well! needed some winter stuff anyway.

crossing my fingers for new items tomorrow, including some avatar stuff!

andromedablack
11-28-14, 04:14 PM
Finally bought all the Christmas stuff that couldn't buy last year and 2 godess mannequins. Also the wonderful display with girls and animals from Christmas edition.:)
Hoping for avatar items tomorrow!

tropitech4575
11-28-14, 04:29 PM
finally bought all the christmas stuff that couldn't buy last year and 2 godess mannequins. Also the wonderful display with girls and animals from christmas edition.:)
hoping for avatar items tomorrow!

i wish they'd release the christmas display with the animals for ios as well!

tropitech4575
11-28-14, 04:31 PM
Really happy to get the princess carriages, they were on my wish list but hoping they release some of the other displays we've been suggesting. I have 90% of the ones they've offered so far.

tropitech4575
11-28-14, 05:32 PM
please please please release the winter display. THE LITTLE FOX ****S ME.

jewelfang
11-28-14, 07:13 PM
only 2 more hours until we find out if they are going to give us new stuff or just recycle this stuff. Crossing my fingers for new stuff!!!!

jojopeanut
11-28-14, 07:16 PM
Please give us something different TL. We made our (wish) list hope you checked it twice we've not been naughty, but mostly nice. (Especially been nice supporting your game ALL year with GEM buys not always on sale) most of us already have these items long time.

aishaibrahims
11-28-14, 08:00 PM
Lol! Even tho i said im happy either way, im finding myself getting all excited in the hope of even more treats! Its crazy o clock here! Please dont let my red puffy eyes be for nothing!

melodeh
11-28-14, 09:08 PM
They re-released the same items for even higher prices.. are you kidding me TL? What a huge let down.

jojopeanut
11-28-14, 09:23 PM
I DID expect prices to raise if they left some item's in sense the BF sale is over, but was hoping for different items to be added. They could've at least done closet item's floor tiles and wallpaper :(

EDIT: I give up decided to eat chocolate. Much more satisfying..lol

Jade_Kisses
11-28-14, 09:40 PM
Is this it for the much anticipated BF?! What a let down. I was hoping for new offers today.

snlps
11-28-14, 09:42 PM
Why was everything removed before the 24 hours????

melody_nara
11-28-14, 09:47 PM
This sale is very disappointing for me when comparing with last year. TL doesn't listen to its customers when we ask for releasing more box items or other LTO displays.

Furthermore, I don't understand why TL keeps releasing the same stuff like Denim Display, 5th & Broadway and Walk in Closet.

IsisGarden
11-28-14, 09:53 PM
Quick question what is this mall santa everyone is talking about?

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/lildea06/3134b68d2ee6d3b6c241c7d87a307059_zpsc68d2369.jpg

backandshake
11-28-14, 09:56 PM
I love the game!! Dont get me wrong but I agree..friday sale was a let down.
Will we see little more effort for christmas?

irlanda_c
11-28-14, 10:06 PM
Isis do you knowif weare getting new items ?

TeabytheSea3
11-28-14, 10:27 PM
Shucks, I must have misunderstood when the sale was over. I thought it continued until the normal restart of the game. Too bad, I really wanted the carriage. I'm very happy that I got a few things earlier. Personally, I was happy with a lot of the items released.

Is it possible that they will continue to re-release retired items throughout the weekend? There are so many displays that I'd love to see them offer!! I'm cooking for family tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have a chance to ck into the game.

Does anyone know if they ever re-release discontinued counters or racks? I love the white counters that have little glass fronts. And the powder blue racks that are wintery. I wished they'd re-release the Backlit Floor Tiles, too.

Thanks for any information. Happy shopping!

orleansparish
11-28-14, 10:55 PM
Shucks, I must have misunderstood when the sale was over. I thought it continued until the normal restart of the game. Too bad, I really wanted the carriage. I'm very happy that I got a few things earlier. Personally, I was happy with a lot of the items released.

Is it possible that they will continue to re-release retired items throughout the weekend? There are so many displays that I'd love to see them offer!! I'm cooking for family tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have a chance to ck into the game.

Does anyone know if they ever re-release discontinued counters or racks? I love the white counters that have little glass fronts. And the powder blue racks that are wintery. I wished they'd re-release the Backlit Floor Tiles, too.

I swear I'd buy 50 each of the white, gold and red tiles of they released them again. I have about 30 green ones and 20 blue. I need more. I don't know why they don't listen to actual paying customers say they'd throw money at, if they just gave it to us.

Jessica1456
11-29-14, 12:55 AM
I really want those tiles as well! I also have some green and blue tiles but especially now for Christmas/winter I'd love to have the red, white and gold ones!

snlps
11-29-14, 12:58 AM
The items that were taken off early returned for both RS and BS. How come the same didn't happen for Fashion???

Zee_Zatara
11-29-14, 01:20 AM
The only thing I bought was the Hor d'oeuvres Party since I was traveling the week of last New Year and missed it when it was a LTO. Other than that, a disappointing Black Friday as I already own all the other offered displays (at least all the ones that I like).

Starting to think that the really pretty and desired displays that everyone wants (Aquarius Fountain, Emerald Forest, etc) will never be offered again. But whenever there's a special sale you can always count on the same two tired retreads being offered: Denim Display and Walk-in Closet. Apparently TeamLava strongly believes that everyone must buy those two particular displays. :confused:

danit_h
11-29-14, 02:15 AM
Well didnt expect anything. This BF was boring.. I hoped we will get some displays from boxes and not LTOs.. I have almost everything they offerd except the beach wedding.. I didnt have gems when that came out so i got it yesterday when it was for 27 gems, today its almost 40 gems! Im playing this game for 3 years and 3 BF passed and still no aquarios fountain:(.. One more thing i realy wanted is the first prize from the purple box came out this year orchid cabaret display with 4 girls, thats the most beautiful display ever.. Anyway very dissappointing.. At least they could make discount on the boxes:(

minidemon88
11-29-14, 03:01 AM
Bought the gold jewelry display and the goddess mannequin. But I feel so bummed whenever I see discounted LTO or deco that I purchased at the original pricing back then. Oh well! :(

mymummy789
11-29-14, 04:16 AM

I am in the UK and happened to be up at "stupid-o-clock" on Friday morning due to insomnia. My black friday sale started around 3 am (usual update time is 8 am) and as the timer was 24 hours, I figure the sale items must have gone at the same time this morning.

I am disappointed that there are no new items, but this is exactly what happened last year. We then all eagerly anticipated cyber monday and that was also a huge disappointment too. So I spent the gems I bought on this weeks LTO and a couple of snowflake dressing rooms instead :D

leylaska
11-29-14, 06:10 AM
When the boxes will release the items? Or will the new items for Black Friday? Because it is not at all the beautiful items. Brought boxes of items. Please type in your answer.

rheina
11-29-14, 07:58 AM
So that was it?! All the bells and whistles about the BIG BF sale and cool items? I will say it politely - I am not impressed at all! I expected much much more :/ And not only in this TL game.

IsisGarden
11-29-14, 09:28 AM
Isis do you knowif weare getting new items ?

I honestly don't know. I haven't heard anything. In my own opinion and from last year's experience, I think this may be it. I am hoping that it isn't because I only got one thing and I only purchased it so that I could say I bought it.

I really think this may be it.

linp825
11-29-14, 09:30 AM
It doesn't matter anymore bc we got the shaft anyway. A few random LTOs and not very exciting ones -a cple random closet items, one old hairdo... Like really? A LOT of people wanted the fairy fountain, that was CLEAR, but nothing doing. (I already have it but i know a lot of players wanted it and now NO). Goes to show these requests fall on deaf ears as usual. Sorry but i said it! All that hype and wishful thinking for nothing. Why bother any more ...we players are spinning our wheels when we ask for anything. Wasting our time. Last year was WAY better, we got like 5+ pages of 1st place box prizes, good LTOs. The only nice thing this year was the gem sale. Sorry but i know a lot of my NBRS we're saying this and chatting about it on their walls, so its definitely not just me.

irlanda_c
11-29-14, 09:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pRX5ZXG.png?1

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! With Turkey Day upon us, we'd like to give you a heads up that we have some exciting things coming this Black Friday! Check your game everyday to see what we have in store for you! Please use this thread to discuss everything lined up for this weekend.

Can you EXPLAIN us what do you mean with MORE? English is not my first language, but I know it means an INCREASE in quantity, and its the contrary of LESS. So... what do you have to say?

irlanda_c
11-29-14, 09:34 AM
I honestly don't know. I haven't heard anything. In my own opinion and from last year's experience, I think this may be it. I am hoping that it isn't because I only got one thing and I only purchased it so that I could say I bought it.

I really think this may be it.

Thank you Isis! It really was a terrible sale! In both my games BS and FS

jojopeanut
11-29-14, 10:02 AM
I'm just sad about it truthfully mainly for my neigbours that don't open boxs or many. I was hoping for the Fasinator display and pucker up display. I know these item's have been on their wish list a long time over a yr.

andromedablack
11-29-14, 10:55 AM
Well yesterday I decided to buy gems after many months and bought way more than I needed because I really believed there will be different items today...I'm very dissapointed we didn't get any box items or avatar items but I guess I have to keep my gems for the upcoming (?) Christmas updates...

But I agree with irlanda_c, why they teased us with saying EVEN MORE goodies while we get the same items just like what happened last year???

cakebaby75
11-29-14, 12:08 PM
Exactly the same thing happened last year.

It would be wonderful if TL listened to us wouldn't it? Gave us some of the displays we really wanted, we would all spend lots of gems.

Guess they don't really want our money :)

thepenfreak17
11-29-14, 12:34 PM
I've heard so much about the Black Friday sales and I've been playing for nearly four years. Since I don't live in the USA and don't really know when it will arrive, I never had gems to spend. This year, I really did my research and bought lots of gems, only to have nothing to spend on. A little disappointing after so much anticipation. I really wanted only one display. The Valentine Display (the three girls with the stockings), have been waiting for that so long! Please teamlava, do read our comments and give the customers what they really want.

jewelfang
11-29-14, 12:36 PM
What is the saying? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.....

Anyway, although I did not find it to be a very exciting BF sale, after last year I did not have my hopes up at all, so I was happy enough to get another tree for only 7 gems, another gingerbread changing room, and the gingerbread LTO from last year for a mear 24 gems. I did buy a small pack of gems, my first and last time doing that, but I did it so I could get the Chinese LTO and the gingerbread LTO, not to have more for this weekend, as I deeply suspected it would follow the same pattern as last year, and it did.

It is sadly ironic that as much dissapontment as we all expressed last year, this year was actually worse. Although I was unable to afford them, the ladies tea, fireside display, fairy fountain, and Paris Cafe display were all on peoples wish lists last year.

To be fair, the princess carraige, kimono display, the cocktail party and the glamour display are all mentioned in the BF wish list thread, and I see a few people who were able to finally get these. But like most of you, I had most of these displays already, the ones I wanted anyway.

Nut I am happy for my fellow players who were finally able to get these! Especially the carraige and kimono displays. I have had numerous posts on my wall since I have both wishing they had them too, and now they can, and at much chesper prices than I paid when they were new!

So it isn't all bad. I am honestly having a blast spending 2 or more days redecorating my shop for Christmas. :-)

edie62
11-29-14, 02:28 PM
I am so very disappointed in this so called Black Friday sale. I had everything on offer. It wasn't good for any of my games FS/BS/RS.
What happened? I brought some gems and I think in BS 2 blue Xmas trees but that was it! I thought in FS we might get some box items as we have in the past. What a waste of time and thanks for getting my hopes for nothing.

Zee_Zatara
11-29-14, 02:40 PM
Exactly the same thing happened last year.

It would be wonderful if TL listened to us wouldn't it? Gave us some of the displays we really wanted, we would all spend lots of gems.

Guess they don't really want our money :)

I guess we'll just have to spend our money elsewhere. They clearly don't have anyone who reads these forums. Still don't know why they think that all we ever want are multiple copies of the Denim Display and Walk-in Closet. :p

Natasha_07
11-29-14, 09:00 PM
Sale is over. Nothing new.

jojopeanut
11-29-14, 09:21 PM
Most redundant idiotic sale. Wash rinse repeat TL seriously didn't take but 5 seconds to look through the wish list thread. That was started in AUGUST jimety cricket:mad:

Yes I did buy GEMS at a discount great for me, but said GEMS were discounted which means LESS money for TL. These GEMS could've and most likely would've been spent at a much,much faster rate had other/ better item's closet etc. been offered which IN turn makes ME the customer purchase more GEMS perhaps even next month not even on SALE which in turn more PROFIT much faster for TL. So I call this an EPIC fail for TL in terms of profit speaking personaly for TL as far me spending my money.

Natasha_07
11-29-14, 10:02 PM
Well I have to say this has been an incredible experience in BS, RS, fashion and farm. Monday will be here soon, TL do something about it and not the SAME stuff.

Natasha_07
11-29-14, 10:05 PM
Most redundant idiotic sale. Wash rinse repeat TL seriously didn't take but 5 seconds to look through the wish list thread. That was started in AUGUST jimety cricket:mad:

I don't get it either! I was hoping for seasonal items in farm but no, they screwed up there big time for me as well as BS. I haven't bought ANYTHING in those 2 games.

aishaibrahims
11-30-14, 04:30 AM

Yes I did buy GEMS at a discount great for me, but said GEMS were discounted which means LESS money for TL. These GEMS could've and most likely would've been spent at a much,much faster rate had other/ better item's closet etc. been offered which IN turn makes ME the customer purchase more GEMS perhaps even next month not even on SALE which in turn more PROFIT much faster for TL. So I call this an EPIC fail for TL in terms of profit speaking personaly for TL as far me spending my money.
Lol! Im struggling to understand why this decision was made! Are they trying to leave us wanting more! Do they worry if we get what we want we wont buy anything else! Iv got left over gems from the massive bundles i bought friday, in the hope of more items over the weekend. Obviously saturday morning i was left not feeling very satisfied so i started bashing boxes, then after afew 4th place prizes i stopped and thought you know what im just gona save them for upcoming updates i like. Im not spending anymore than i have to on this game anymore. This was a chance for TL to say thank you to their loyal crazy spending customers! Just 1 weekend to think like humans and not a greedy business! The suggestion thread was there for the taking! And this forum isnt ignored when random people are asking for 30% sales and getting them, or on tuesday when i was saying i was tempted to get the lto then 5mins later i get a sale in the middle of the day! Next year im gonna suggest horrific items in the hope they too will be ignored!! Agreed Epic fail!!

fashionideal
11-30-14, 04:56 AM
I don't even think it's very wise business wise... Who would buy the same items offered at a cheaper price on Friday at higher prices on sat/sun?? Except for a few maybe who didn't check the game on Friday. I personally would've easily spent 60 gems for any item I really wanted, so, even business wise I think it would've been better to offer a greater variety including the items we were asking for at higher prices... I simply don't understand it??

andromedablack
11-30-14, 05:25 AM
That message to come back for Cyber Monday is just irritating because we all know that we'll get the same items again and again! I wonder if TL thinks that more people would buy gems to get the same items offered for BF in higher prices than if they offered different items, and mostly box items.
The good thing is that now I'll keep my gems for Christmas and won't have to buy more.

lelaina752
11-30-14, 05:55 AM
I agree...the sale was rather lackluster. Good pricing, but I already had most of the items. I didn't even buy gems this Black Friday which is a first in the three years I've been playing. Honestly, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about this sale since it wasn't great last year either. Since TL didn't have an after-Christmas sale last year, I guess that's it for this year.

On the bright side, TL has had some beautiful LTOs recently with the ballet theme, safari and this week's LTO. I'm happy to have those items. I would like the others I've been pining for, but it seems that they're just not going to be offered. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm just going to be happy with the items I already have in my shop. However, if TL brings back items I want and gives a big sale, I will gladly purchase! :)

jewelfang
11-30-14, 10:40 AM
I agree...the sale was rather lackluster. Good pricing, but I already had most of the items. I didn't even buy gems this Black Friday which is a first in the three years I've been playing. Honestly, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about this sale since it wasn't great last year either. Since TL didn't have an after-Christmas sale last year, I guess that's it for this year.

On the bright side, TL has had some beautiful LTOs recently with the ballet theme, safari and this week's LTO. I'm happy to have those items. I would like the others I've been pining for, but it seems that they're just not going to be offered. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm just going to be happy with the items I already have in my shop. However, if TL brings back items I want and gives a big sale, I will gladly purchase! :)
Yes some beautiful LTO's lately, at double the price of LTO's from summer and before, so we can only buy half as many, or else buy double gems if you are a gem buyer.

I expect to have enough gems to buy ONE LOT (If I farm the heck outa the new catalogues for the next week or 2) item this entire Christmas season, and I'm not buying gems and falling into their greedy trap to get anything else.

TL, lower your prices to what they used to be, or lose some customers. Please.

jojopeanut
11-30-14, 12:48 PM
That message to come back for Cyber Monday is just irritating because we all know that we'll get the same items again and again! I wonder if TL thinks that more people would buy gems to get the same items offered for BF in higher prices than if they offered different items, and mostly box items.
The good thing is that now I'll keep my gems for Christmas and won't have to buy more.

Exactly my point won't have to buy more GEMS business wise for TL a big fail, then again maybe their bank accounts are so full they'll take the whole lot in the office on Hawaii vacation or something all expenses paid. Business stand point I don't understand the thinking. My GEM bank is well stocked no need to purchase more well after Christmas with wise spending. And given the outrages prices latley or silly camping theme i.e. They make it easy for me to save. Where normally I'm purchasing GEMS not always on sale at least twice a month.

jewelfang
11-30-14, 01:49 PM
The thing is, you still bought gems on BF, they don't care if you spend them on Bf items or on later LTOs. They made their holiday money.

Sadly their business model of higher gem item prices and misleading ads seems to be working. Those people who buy gems will still want the high priced LTO's as they come out, and will buy gems to get them, as demonstrated by the recent safari, ballet and chinese ones. If you bought gems for black friday, all it takes is one good Christmas update ot box to get you to spend those gems that are now burning a whole in your virtual pocket. And will you really not buy gems again the next time you love an LTO or box? So far I see angry people who continue to buy gems a while later, when new shinies cstch their eye. And the few buyers who actually do get fed up and quit are replaced by new players who are willing to buy gems.

My point is, you cant say you bought the 500 gem pack and in the same breath tell TL what a bad business decision they made. They did this same thing last year, if it had actually hurt them in their pocketbooks they would not have repeated the performance this year. If you want them to lower gem item prices, or release better items, then you have to stop buying gems.period.until they do those things.

As it is right now TL is laughing all the way to the bank with tons of BF gem purchases in their pockets!

andromedablack
11-30-14, 01:59 PM
The thing is, you still bought gems on BF, they don't care if you spend them on Bf items or on later LTOs. They made their holiday money.

Sadly their business model of higher gem item prices and misleading ads seems to be working. Those people who buy gems will still want the high priced LTO's as they come out, and will buy gems to get them, as demonstrated by the recent safari, ballet and chinese ones. If you bought gems for black friday, all it takes is one good Christmas update ot box to get you to spend those gems that are now burning a whole in your virtual pocket. And will you really not buy gems again the next time you love an LTO or box? So far I see angry people who continue to buy gems a while later, when new shinies cstch their eye. And the few buyers who actually do get fed up and quit are replaced by new players who are willing to buy gems.

My point is, you cant say you bought the 500 gem pack and in the same breath tell TL what a bad business decision they made. They did this same thing last year, if it had actually hurt them in their pocketbooks they would not have repeated the performance this year. If you want them to lower gem item prices, or release better items, then you have to stop buying gems.period.until they do those things.

As it is right now TL is laughing all the way to the bank with tons of BF gem purchases in their pockets!

I understand what you're saying but the thing is, if they offered us more items I for example would have probably spend most or all of my gems so I would have to buy more for the upcoming updates. But now I bought the packages I wanted with 40% discount and won't have to buy more for Christmas. Is that good for them?

Also I'm not an often gem buyer and I haven't bought any of the recent extremely expensive LTOs and I hope those prices won't continue because even if I wanted I can't afford them and not being able to buy new LTOs and avatar items will probably make me quit the game although I love it!

jewelfang
11-30-14, 02:06 PM
This is not, btw, a condemnation of all people who buy gems, after all they keep the game free for the rest of us. And there is nothing wrong with spending your own money however you want. I bought gems myself for the first time this BF, though only $6 worth, just enough to let me get the actual items I wanted that day plus the LTO. If LTO prices had been lower, I would have spent $12 so I had some for future Christmas updates, but now we know 50 gems probably is not enough for even just one LTO, so I did not.

I refuse to buy gems in the future for overpriced LTO's, and will show it by actually not buying more gems, until prices come back down. Period. If they DO come back down for Christmas updates, I hope to buy another gem pack with my holiday money stash, but ONLY IF PRICES COME DOWN! Until then, they will not see another dime from me. That is the only way to get them to change.

jewelfang
11-30-14, 02:18 PM
I understand what you're saying but the thing is, if they offered us more items I for example would have probably spend most or all of my gems so I would have to buy more for the upcoming updates. But now I bought the packages I wanted with 40% discount and won't have to buy more for Christmas. Is that good for them?

Also I'm not an often gem buyer and I haven't bought any of the recent extremely expensive LTOs and I hope those prices won't continue because even if I wanted I can't afford them and not being able to buy new LTOs and avatar items will probably make me quit the game although I love it!

They also have to consider not upsetting their long term, big buying customer base. To offer first prizes out of boxes or old items that people are proud to have earned has, in the past, really made some of those people angry, and those people are their bread and butter, they pay their salaries.
So they offered this years nicer LTOs. Not a great sale, but most people bought at least one item they had missed out on, or a few small things like the godess or jewelry display. Enough that the majority are content enough, amd their big spenders get to keep their rare, coveted items.

So it is a balancing act. They still got us small spenders to buy gems. But the big spenders who buy gems and then spend tons on boxes or multiple LTOs will use their pile up and need more in no time. Those unused gems wont last 2 updates before they find something new they like or go back to try old boxes they still want something out of. Then mid December they will need more gems.

It is those people this game economy is designed around, not the free player or the occasional gem buyer like you or me. So my post was adressed to those people, the big spenders. Sadly for us, we purchased a pack on BF and beyond that they dont care. As long as the big spenders keep spending the rest of us are just along for the ride.

jojopeanut
11-30-14, 02:20 PM
I agree jewelfang But how does it make good business sense after the first business quarter of 2015 when TL shows a profit margin loss. Yeah they have fat pockets now it doesn't last forever. I only purchased ONE of those listed expensive LTO the Chinese one. This year my GEM purchasing is going to be less. I'm not falling for the crazy prices. I work in a retail environment I know this game is different than an actual retail environment cost v.s. retail markup . But still IMO bad business move on TL part. 40% off GEM great but if your regular buyer like me and nothing to spend on or reasonable price LTO in future how is that helping their bottom line. Like I say business is all year next BF if I'm playing seriously not buying GEMS unless they actually have something I really really want to buy. Oh and I guess you consider me one of their Big Spenders or was. I won't need GEMS mid December or January. So again profit loss.

I know a great deal about profit margin and I scratch my head over their business tatics.

jewelfang
11-30-14, 05:05 PM
I agree jewelfang But how does it make good business sense after the first business quarter of 2015 when TL shows a profit margin loss. Yeah they have fat pockets now it doesn't last forever. I only purchased ONE of those listed expensive LTO the Chinese one. This year my GEM purchasing is going to be less. I'm not falling for the crazy prices. I work in a retail environment I know this game is different than an actual retail environment cost v.s. retail markup . But still IMO bad business move on TL part. 40% off GEM great but if your regular buyer like me and nothing to spend on or reasonable price LTO in future how is that helping their bottom line. Like I say business is all year next BF if I'm playing seriously not buying GEMS unless they actually have something I really really want to buy. Oh and I guess you consider me one of their Big Spenders or was. I won't need GEMS mid December or January. So again profit loss.

I know a great deal about profit margin and I scratch my head over their business tatics.

I hope you are right about the new higher prices being a mistake, but only TL knows if their profit margin is going up or down because of it. The tiny number of people who post here isn't enough to gage.

I don't know if you are one of the big spenders Jojo, it is no way a bad thing if you are. My hubby is a programmer, and knows quite a bit about how these games that are funded by what are called "microtransactions". The game is usually free to play, and much of the content may be accessed for free, but premium stuff costs real money. There are many games like this, not just these little apps. Guild Wars Online MMO is a good example, though you have to pay for the game initially, almost all content is free. After that, how do you think the company keeps making enough money to make updates for the 90% of people who never buy anything beyond the game itself? The item store, where you get what they call "vanity" items, like clothes or exp potions, or in this case, gems to buy the best displays and avatar items. People who buy a lot of stuff in these sorts of games are referred to in the industry as "whales" or "superfans", they support the majority of free or small paying players. This model works so well that even the largest game companies are starting to adopt it. It's interesting that you work in retail, but indeed these gamers are not behaving the same as people who are buying regular goods and services.

We don't work at TL and can't see how their business model is working. We can however view their business behavior. They did this exact same thing last Black Friday. Their item offering was mediocre and repetitive, but they tricked people (or people knew and bought anyway) into buying gems with the "new exciting items all weekend!" pop-up and 40% off. If it had actually hurt their profits last year, then they would not have done the same thing....ONLY WORSE....this year. This model clearly works for them. Why? Google "whales and microtransactions" and read some articles on the behaviors of this demographic of gamers. They know the psychology and behavioral and spending patterns of these types of players.
I'd link here, but we aren't allowed. It might be especially interesting to you if you think you might be one of these gamers.

Although I personally think it's bogus and am unhappy with the change just like you are, we cannot assume it is a bad business decision. Just like with Black Friday, it clearly seems to be working for them even if we aren't happy about it. If it doesn't work for them, then they will drop prices.

For every one person who posts an unhappy post here, there may be 100 eagerly buying germ packs to buy the new boxes and LTO's.....TL might make poor business decisions, and if they do they are likely smart enough to change back and not keep those bad decisions in place. I can only hope that the higher prices are a mistake and the big spenders do spend less money and the prices drop again. But I can't say if it IS bad business for TL, just yet, only time will tell.

jojopeanut
11-30-14, 05:27 PM
Thanks jewelfang I enjoyed reading your post. And about your husbands profession insightful. Thanks for sharing. Let's just hope for decent priced Christmas content and that TL incorporates some of our suggestions.

jewelfang
11-30-14, 05:43 PM
Thanks jewelfang I enjoyed reading your post. And about your husbands profession insightful. Thanks for sharing. Let's just hope for decent priced Christmas content and that TL incorporates some of our suggestions.
Amen to that! I really would love to see some nice coin or low priced gem items in addition to great LTO's. Halloween was such a bust, I hope they do better for Christmas!

irlanda_c
11-30-14, 06:36 PM
Amen to that! I really would love to see some nice coin or low priced gem items in addition to great LTO's. Halloween was such a bust, I hope they do better for Christmas!

And on time!!!

megan3ID
12-01-14, 05:25 AM
When does it stop? I really want to know what we are having, don't want to waste gems on something that I'll later regret, due to even better stuff!! Agree with Aquarius fountain as well!

zzGold3
12-01-14, 05:38 AM
Wow, there's some serious insight into how these fremium games work. I'm not one of these paywhales, I don't spend on gems. So that explains why TL wouldn't care much if I think the BF sales have been disappointing. They've made their sales already when you click to buy gems, the deals out on offer are purely there so that they aren't lying outright. Their higher margin sales come from new items and boxes and not sale items, so it makes sense that they don't want to give away too much too cheaply (even if these are old items that are no longer available). They would rather you expend the gems on the higher margin items that aren't on discount.

cakebaby75
12-01-14, 02:43 PM
I'm adding to this thread so that if anyone, this time next year, is wondering what the last 2 or 3 years Black Friday has been like.

Don't get too excited, likelihood is that those much coveted LTOs and box items won't be available.

Buy on Friday! Because Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be a repeat of Fridays items at higher prices.

If you buy gems, get them on Friday. I didn't buy gems this year because I knew what was going to happen.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm a ****joy, just giving you practical advice based on experience.

On the upside, I'm looking forward to some winter outfits and decorations. We have far too much summer stuff IMO

jojopeanut
12-01-14, 06:15 PM
I'm adding to this thread to remind myself NOT to purchase GEMS next year..

backandshake
12-01-14, 07:03 PM
False advertisment!

orleansparish
12-01-14, 07:46 PM
I know not to get my hopes up but I will continue to buy gems for Black Friday. The LTOs have been stellar and if I wasn't saving for BF Id have gotten a couple more than I did the past few months. Mainly the ballerina one.

So I'll buy gems, dedorate and let go of any enthusiasm I allow thinking they would actually care about customer service to make some money. I was going to save gems for xmas related content but will instead redecorate again and fill my shop up with butterfly tiles and gold racks.

They need to not hage different making decisions for these games. By far dragon had the best team making offers and garnered the most excitement. To where they had many of us buying $50 and more worth of gems withOUT a gem sale. Simply because they gave us what we wanted. How hard is that to do with every game?

All year I was literally counting down the months to this moment. Yes I shouldn't have taken a virtual game do seriously but when you have constant pain from chemo and a tumor you focus on what fun you can. This game and the others is my fun and detour from the pain. I wanted to spend it's as if they told us, screw you, we don't want your money.

Fine by me! I just won't get gold once a month when a nice LTO comes along. I'll be happy with what I have now.

orleansparish
12-01-14, 07:47 PM
False advertisment!

I don't know why but this literally had me falling back and bursting out in laughter.

orleansparish
12-01-14, 07:49 PM

I just saw a nice winter themed shop. It was lovely! It would be nice to get some content that doesn't need us to rely on old additions to get items. I was thinking of doing an ice theme too but will go with a xmas, red, green and gold motif. Let's just wish they don't wait a week before Xmas to give us anything.

jojopeanut
12-01-14, 08:18 PM
I just saw a nice winter themed shop. It was lovely! It would be nice to get some content that doesn't need us to rely on old additions to get items. I was thinking of doing an ice theme too but will go with a xmas, red, green and gold motif. Let's just wish they don't wait a week before Xmas to give us anything.

Yes..please an early Christmas update. I decorated with red /gold mainly for Christmas not all exactly Christmas item's but it works. I have alot of blue, icy snow item's including the winterwall fountian thinking that's going to be my January decor. So really hoping for more traditional colors this year for Christmas especially gold.

laprovence
12-01-14, 08:44 PM
This was the most uneventful BFS. I think i would've preferred if they just offered the gem sale than those measly offerings of items for sale.