PDA

View Full Version : What's important to you?

Ellie
08-01-10, 05:07 AM
As a confirmed Farm Story addict who's been playing for a couple of months and reading and contributing to the forum, I thought I would put into one thread the wishlist of fellow farmers and how important they are to me.

1. Fix the crashing issue.

2. New crops/animals/trees/decorations between lvl 50 and lvl 70 or an expansion at lvl 60.

3. The ability to organise the neighbour list.

4. Increase the number of entries on the News Feed.

5. Be able to block abusive farmers.

6. Half plots of crops or flowers or shrubs.

7. The ability to remove pending invites.

8. Be able to feed animals thus earning XP.

9. The ability to purchase gems for in game coins or earn them through watering. Not really important to me but others seem to want it. Say one gem could cost 500,000 coins or 5,000 or 10,000 waterings.

These are just the ones I can think of at the moment and the last 4 don't really bother me at all.

What order would you put them in?

Add your own ideas.

Happy Farming
Ellie

PS: Well done to Team Lava for such a great game.

Hawk 8
08-01-10, 07:24 AM
Right now I would be happy with less crashing and more levels and expansions.

John Deere
08-01-10, 01:14 PM
As a confirmed Farm Story addict who's been playing for a couple of months and reading and contributing to the forum, I thought I would put into one thread the wishlist of fellow farmers and how important they are to me.

2. New crops/animals/trees/decorations between lvl 50 and lvl 70 or an expansion at lvl 60.

9. The ability to purchase gems for in game coins or earn them through watering. Not really important to me but others seem to want it. Say one gem could cost 500,000 coins or 5,000 or 10,000 waterings.

These are just the ones I can think of at the moment and the last 4 don't really bother me at all.

Add your own ideas.

Happy Farming
Ellie

Nice list Ellie.

Number 5 is what I need!

I deleted the game because my abusive ex-neighbor found me. Horrible sub-human. I couldn't deal with it's presence. So I figured if I don't play the game, I won't feel abused. Pretty sad, as I miss tapping my iPhone screen.

I believe TeamLava should create a "Farm Story Pro" version. An app you have to buy. Say in the $2.99 to $4.99 range. Has all of the above.

Has more items for the guys. Everything is very feminine. At least a tractor. Color it like a John Deere? heh heh

Maybe receive 100 gems free for the "Pro" paid version?

I'm just trying to find a legit way to get me back to playing this game. #5, #5, please, #5! I'll pay $2.99 for #5!

Happy Farming All
John Deere :)

ellie
08-01-10, 01:27 PM
Nice list Ellie.

Number 5 is what I need!

I deleted the game because my abusive ex-neighbor found me. Horrible sub-human. I couldn't deal with it's presence. So I figured if I don't play the game, I won't feel abused. Pretty sad, as I miss tapping my iPhone screen.

I believe TeamLava should create a "Farm Story Pro" version. An app you have to buy. Say in the $2.99 to $4.99 range. Has all of the above.

Has more items for the guys. Everything is very feminine. At least a tractor. Color it like a John Deere? heh heh

Maybe receive 100 gems free for the "Pro" paid version?

I'm just trying to find a legit way to get me back to playing this game. #5, #5, please, #5! I'll pay $2.99 for #5!

Happy Farming All
John Deere :)

Have you reported the offender to Team Lava support@teamlava.com

The last thing this lovely game needs are idiots who take pleasure in spoiling the game.

John Deere
08-01-10, 08:54 PM
Have you reported the offender to Team Lava support@teamlava.com

The last thing this lovely game needs are idiots who take pleasure in spoiling the game.

Yes Ellie, I have reported the sub-human to TeamLava. Reporting doesn't truly do anything. A temporary frozen period from the game occurs for the offender. After this period is over, the offender can and will continue to abuse you. It does nothing.

Since "Block Comments" doesn't exist, there's no reason for me to give TeamLava my money for Gems. Maybe they will figure that out and create "Block Comments".

Thanks for caring. :)

-JD

Unregistered
08-02-10, 12:38 AM
I would pay for this with Ellie's suggested features and more. $2.99 to $4.99 would seem about right. Team Lava would have to fix the crashing/freezing issues with the new update first.

Storm ID: auburnheaven

Hawk 8
08-02-10, 04:23 AM
I also need a two hour crop

Eve
08-02-10, 07:07 AM
I also need a two hour crop
Most crops take about the same time to grow and wither. If you plant a 1 hr crop, you 'd get roughly 2 hrs from seeding to harvesting without losing your crop. Maybe you can try this before a 2 hr crop is available.

Important things to me are: (in no particular order)
* ability to cancel / remove neighbours invites
* I never had an abusive comment or a stalker neighbour, but I agree that the ability to block people would be nice.
* stop the constant refreshing of the neighbours list, to be able to pick up from where we left of when doing the watering rounds

What would be nice to have (in the future maybe, after more important issues are addressed)
* ability to feed the animals, shear the sheep
* grow herbs (lavender and Rosemary are my two first suggestions)
* like crops, if you don't feed your animals they would die (I understand this may be a bit distressing for younger farmers, but I like the idea of little skeletons!!)

Eve McDonald

The Fermiers
08-02-10, 08:10 AM
Here my list in terms of importance :

2. New crops/animals/trees/decorations between lvl 50 and lvl 70 (to buy with coins).

3. New crops in general, and please with with different (like 2hrs/5hrs/10hrs/14hrs/18hrs) time span.

3bis. More 1hr/8hr crops

4. Move roses out of crops (to decorations or trees) OR have them harvest for one gem OR buy for coins in the crops section

5. A refresh button to fix "evaporating water" bug, and avoid using tricks (like sleep button, get out of app, or visit neighbors) to accelerate plowing/seeding/harvesting

6. Increase the number of entries on the News Feed.

7. The ability to organise the neighbour list ; or at least to search alphabetically.

9. The ability to search for a farmer by farmer name.

10. The ability to remove pending invites.

The rest of it is not important to me :

- Be able to block abusive farmers.

- Half plots of crops or flowers or shrubs.

- The ability to purchase gems for in game coins or earn them through watering. Not really important to me but others seem to want it. Say one gem could cost 500,000 coins or 5,000 or 10,000 waterings.

Happy farming.

Unregistered
08-02-10, 08:14 AM
Just want to link to the bugs I'm mentioning :

Here my list in terms of importance :

4. Move roses out of crops (to decorations or trees) OR have them harvest for one gem OR buy for coins in the crops section

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?701-Roses-should-not-be-in-the-crops-section-OR-harvest-for-a-gem-OR-buy-for-coins

5. A refresh button to fix "evaporating water" bug, and avoid using tricks (like sleep button, get out of app, or visit neighbors) to accelerate plowing/seeding/harvesting

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?757-Bug-report-water-just...-evaporated

Hawk 8
08-02-10, 08:15 AM
Most crops take about the same time to grow and wither. If you plant a 1 hr crop, you 'd get roughly 2 hrs from seeding to harvesting without losing your crop. Maybe you can try this before a 2 hr crop is available.

I am aware of this, I just need a two hour crop

The Fermiers
08-02-10, 08:16 AM
I would pay for this with Ellie's suggested features and more. $2.99 to $4.99 would seem about right. Team Lava would have to fix the crashing/freezing issues with the new update first.

Storm ID: auburnheaven

Personnally I would pay for the game to stop crashing !! Conversely - it would hurt me to pay for a game that crashes all the time.

Note for those who want a "harvest all" and "plow all" etc : these could also be paying features for the ones who want to pay for it...

Ellie
08-02-10, 08:20 AM
snip:
* stop the constant refreshing of the neighbours list, to be able to pick up from where we left of when doing the watering rounds

Eve McDonald

Ooops!!!!! How could I have forgotten that one. Probably comes in at number 2 for me.

Ellie

Hawk 8
08-02-10, 08:41 AM
Personnally I would pay for the game to stop crashing !! Conversely - it would hurt me to pay for a game that crashes all the time.

Note for those who want a "harvest all" and "plow all" etc : these could also be paying features for the ones who want to pay for it...

I would pay for this!

Unregistered
08-05-10, 02:12 AM
I agree with all Ellie has posted, and a pro or paid version would be ok with me. I'd like to see more pet type animals e.g. Cat, could we have a pond please!! On vacation indicator PLEASE

Unregistered
08-05-10, 02:48 AM
The ability to sell direct from inventory would be useful!!

Albertino
08-05-10, 04:08 AM
...as above. I agree with all the suggestions. GMTA! :-)

For me it would be important and time saving:

Quote:
stop the constant refreshing of the neighbours list, to be able to pick up from where we left of when doing the watering rounds

ozgranny
08-05-10, 06:13 PM
I agree with all Ellie has posted, and a pro or paid version would be ok with me. I'd like to see more pet type animals e.g. Cat, could we have a pond please!! On vacation indicator PLEASE

A vacation indicator would be massive. I don't want to lose neighbours when I'm away but as I have well over a hundred neighbours it's too hard to let them all know when I'm away for a while. Posting on your own wall doesn't seem to work as too many people post over it even if you ask them not to.

Unregistered
08-06-10, 03:16 AM
I like #6. Increase the number of entries on the News Feed, plus the ability to delete on the news feed just like on the wall. More expansions. A indicator that shows if a neighbor has received their limit of gifts for the day or remove the limit. Maybe set the limits higher for higher levels. Yes to a 2 hour crop and feeding/watering the animals. How about the ability to put a comment under/by your name on your wall that would stay till you changed it. So if you were on a vacation or unable to work your farm for a while people do not think you stopped playing.

Kardasia
08-06-10, 06:14 AM
If not the exchange rate for gems then the option to pay by coins, for example if you want an expansion you can pay by coins or gems, make everything like this example it cost 1 gem for a rose maybe it can be 1 gem or 10,000 coins and flowers should be decorations. having the neighbor list not refreshing and maybe a change in color or something that could indicate that you already watered this person or that they watered you, more expansions and animals, maybe even a snowman for the winter. I'm an addict also and would easily pay up to $30 for game that doesn't crash like this

Add your own ideas.

Happy Farming
Ellie

Blessing Star
08-06-10, 09:18 PM
Yes Ellie, I have reported the sub-human to TeamLava. Reporting doesn't truly do anything. A temporary frozen period from the game occurs for the offender. After this period is over, the offender can and will continue to abuse you. It does nothing.

Since "Block Comments" doesn't exist, there's no reason for me to give TeamLava my money for Gems. Maybe they will figure that out and create "Block Comments".

Thanks for caring. :)

-JD

I agree with JD on this. It would be no.1 for me . "Block Comments" "Block PERIOD" off farm (so they may not go to my neighbors through my wall and do the same to them.

I have stopped long ago even to write on my neighbors wall just so there is no link back to my farm for these offender (s).
I'll be hitting lvl75 soon enough. My gem purchases has ALL gone in storage ..

I am sure teamlava is working on it ;) maybe .. this weekend.. tonight....
because along with the freezing and such, it was needed yesterday...

* I know teamlava can do it :)

John Deere
08-08-10, 12:59 PM
I agree with JD on this. It would be no.1 for me . "Block Comments" "Block PERIOD" off farm (so they may not go to my neighbors through my wall and do the same to them.

I have stopped long ago even to write on my neighbors wall just so there is no link back to my farm for these offender (s).
I'll be hitting lvl75 soon enough. My gem purchases has ALL gone in storage ..

I am sure teamlava is working on it ;) maybe .. this weekend.. tonight....
because along with the freezing and such, it was needed yesterday...

* I know teamlava can do it :)

Haha..lol..I was just discussing this with one of my neighbors. Yes, JD is back. But I changed my name to protect myself and my awesome neighbors. Bought some Gems to help support TeamLava too.

A "BLOCK FARM" feature. The offender(s) cannot view your farm or your wall. Keeping you and your neighbors safe from the offenders vile personalities. I say plural because they act like Jekyl & Hyde.

When the offender tries to visit you, a "NO TRESPASSING SIGN" appears. The sign says, "You have violated this farmer's peaceful community. Please stay away!" (A picture of a doubled barreled 12 gauge shot*** is pointing at them. Any brand) Or whatever TeamLava feels appropriate.

In addition. A "Community Billboard" feature. Like the Storm8 games. Where you can chat with your all neighbors together.
Here you can all share messages like:
"I'm going on vacation. I'll be away for xx days"
"I'm very busy in my real life, I'll be away for xx days"
"I have amazing neighbors. Here are their ID's and names".
"What crop do you like the most?"
"I have to take care of my.... be back in a few. :) etc, etc...

And warn your awesome neighbors of the in game spoilers. (Baddies) (Jekyl & Hyde's)
(Why these sub-humans play this game to spread evil is pretty sad)

"Farm Story" is an awesome game. Thanks again TeamLava!
I'm happy tapping my iPhone screen again. :)

-John Deere

Unregistered
08-11-10, 04:54 PM

Important things to me are: (in no particular order)
* ability to cancel / remove neighbours invites
* I never had an abusive comment or a stalker neighbour, but I agree that the ability to block people would be nice.
* ability to feed the animals, shear the sheep
* grow herbs (lavender and Rosemary are my two first suggestions)
* like crops, if you don't feed your animals they would die (I understand this may be a bit distressing
for younger farmers, but I like the idea of little skeletons!!)

Eve McDonald

Eve, that last idea made me laugh out loud and startled my dog. Maybe she can read!

MiniLaura
08-11-10, 05:52 PM
A cat is the most important thing to me. I'd even buy gems to get a cat if I had to.

Other than a cat, I'd like to have more decorations in general.

Unregistered
08-13-10, 05:16 AM
I've not had a bad experience with other players and certainly never thought of changing my name to protect myself, are you sure half of your problem is not that calling folk sub-human actually goads immature players into conflicts with you? It sure sounds like a self fulfilling prophesy to me, JD.

Please do not think less of me for criticising.

Vanillina
08-13-10, 10:41 AM
I like the list, but some things are not necessary for me. I never got offending comments on my wall or people annoying me.

I would just be happy if there were more crops and more decorations, especially more new crops if you reach a higher level of the game. At least one new crop at level 40, 45, 50 and so forth would be nice!

I would pay for an improved version of Farm Story. The game is fun and has a lot of potential. I just wish there would be more updates....

Unregistered
08-13-10, 12:57 PM
* stop the constant refreshing of the neighbors list, to be able to pick up from where we left of when doing the watering rounds

and the same when scrolling on my wall.

I would like to pay a $4.99 fee to be able to trade coins for gems.

Do you think team lava reads this forum?

John Deere
08-13-10, 11:14 PM
I've not had a bad experience with other players and certainly never thought of changing my name to protect myself, are you sure half of your problem is not that calling folk sub-human actually goads immature players into conflicts with you? It sure sounds like a self fulfilling prophesy to me, JD.

Please do not think less of me for criticising.

I don't think less of you. But since you can't leave your Farm Story name, I assume you are afraid.

I have met many players in the FS community who have asked me if a "Block Comments" or "Block from My Farm" feature exists. I say, "No. It does not exist. But please send an e-mail to, support@teamlava.com and ask for it."

These FS players have become victims of the sub-human. A player who seeks to harass you in FS for no reason whatsoever. A true human would have no reason to harass you in a Farm game, right?

So no, I am not trying to fulfill a selfish prophecy. I am trying to help people in this amazing game experience peace.

Is that selfish? Helping others play a farm game in peace?

So please abstain from your egocentric comments and let's work towards building a peaceful, positive community for the Farm Story players.

Thanks again TeamLava for creating the Best Farm Game.

Best regards "Unregistered",
-JD

Ellie
08-14-10, 01:28 AM
I don't think less of you. But since you can't leave your Farm Story name, I assume you are afraid.

I have met many players in the FS community who have asked me if a "Block Comments" or "Block from My Farm" feature exists. I say, "No. It does not exist. But please send an e-mail to, support@teamlava.com and ask for it."

These FS players have become victims of the sub-human. A player who seeks to harass you in FS for no reason whatsoever. A true human would have no reason to harass you in a Farm game, right?

So no, I am not trying to fulfill a selfish prophecy. I am trying to help people in this amazing game experience peace.

So please abstain from your egocentric comments and let's work towards building a peaceful, positive community for the Farm Story players.

-JD

JD, you seem like the kind of player that Farm Story is all about, if you would like me as a neighbour please add ellieh.

Ellie

Unregistered
08-14-10, 03:15 AM

-JD

Afraid? Egocentric?! I think I have all the information I need to form my own opinion here.
You truly are the author of your own misfortunes, which is pretty much what a "self-fulfilling prophesy" means, nobody was calling you selfish yet you reacted as if under attack. I will leave you to your peace.

Unregistered
08-14-10, 02:27 PM
No farm is complete without a farm truck!! It would be great to see some new decorations to include the truck and tractors to make it look more like a farm!

Love them game otherwise, very addictive but healthier than drugs!